Fourth Rock - Reservations Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Finally home and not busy with making leather bracers for myself. Post is in the work in 3-2-1 WORK!!!

Reactions: ze_kraken
So T'Shara doesn't throw rocks at me (this is a wall of text, read at your own risk):

Ace - n.
1) An expert in the field.
2) Friend, buddy, pal.

Ace of Spades - ph. Solo term for death in combat. To "draw the ace" is to die in battle. "Drawing the ace" is a short-hand expression with the same meaning.

Aesthetics - n. Simple cosmetic surgery.

Alien - n. Derogatory grounder term for someone who lives in space (a highrider).

AniMan, AniMen - n. Derogatory term for a body sculpted individual who resembles an animal form.

Apter - n. Pronunciation of the acronym APTR (Augmented Program Trained Reflex). (Syn. skillsoft or reflex chip.) This type of chip provides new reflex-based skills for the user.

Bakebrain - n. General purpose derogatory term indicating someone with limited or damage mental faculties (frequently due to excessive use of neural cyberware.) (Syn. asshole, idiot, jerk, moron.)

Bit Jockey - ph. Programmer.

Black, Big Black - ph. Space. The final frontier. Where no man... well, you get the idea.

Black Clinic - n. A medical facility which specializes in the implant of illegal or unregistered cyberware.

Blade - n.
1) A professional soldier or fighter, specializing in edged weapons.
2) A surgeon or doctor.

Blood Money - ph. Income from the illegal sale of organs to a body bank.

Breetva - n. (Rus.) Razor literally, mechanic.

Buck Rogers - ph. Derogatory phrase for an individual obsessed with high-tech weaponry.

Cement poisoning - ph. What a person dies of after being pushed off of a multi-story building and hitting the sidewalk. Also known as deceleration trauma.

Chinese Take-out - ph. Anything extremely jumbled or messy. (e.g."That riotgun made his chest look like Chinese take-out.").

Chop - n. A credcard or credchip.

Chrome - n.
1) Flash, glitter, bells and whistles, tinsel. Material used to spice up the appearance of something.
2) Sexy features on a program, not needed for functionality but radiating style (e.g. a guillotine instead of a Chrome (cont)-trash can icon).

Chunking - v. Eating on the run, eating as a secondary activity.

Crease - v. To kill. - Creased: Killed.

C-YA - ph. Pronounced as "see ya", acronym for "Cover Your Ass".

Dead Presidents - n. Old (pre-collapse) United States paper currency.

DeeVee - v. Devalue. To make something worthless.

Derm - n. An adhesive skin patch used to apply medication.

Die of the measles - ph. In military parlance, an assassination which makes the death appear to be of natural causes.

Dirtside - n. (HR) A reference to a planetary surface (as opposed to space).

Dirtsider - n. (HR) Derogatory term for someone who rarely or never is in space.

Dock - v. (HR) To have sex.

Double Tap - v. To kill cleanly with a single gunshot (ref. entry and exit wounds). (E.g."Someone double tapped him right between the eyes.")

Doughboy/girl - n. Derogatory term for someone wearing too much body armor.

Exotic - n. An obviously biosculpted individual, usually with non-human features (fangs, fur, tail, etc.).

Flash -
1) v. Anything spectacular (e.g. "That deck has a lot of flash!"
2) n. Hard currency (e.g. "Loan me some flash.")

Fold -
1) n. A slang term for flexible (paper or plastic) currency.
2) v. To shut down something or someone (e.g. "This operation is about to fold.")

Footprint - n. A characteristic `hacking' style; consisting of such elements as speed, number and length of pauses, commonly-appearing commands, words, phrases, and mistakes.

Frag - v.
1) Common curse word. adj: Fragging.
2) To kill someone with a fragmentation grenade.

Fred - n.
1) Any straight, unimaginative citizen, usually a shirt (q.v.).
2) An elder person or someone who clings to outmoded ideas or practices (from Fred Flintstone).

Gaijin - n. (Jap.) A derogatory term for a foreigner or outsider.

Gewalt - n. (Ger.) Violence.

Giri - n. (Jap.) A debt of honor; duty or obligation.

Gomi - n. (Jap.) Junk, garbage.

Gou'pi -n. Substitute for bovine fecal matter.

Gumby - n. From Monty Python, an act of minor but conspicuous stupidity (e.g. "Pulling a gumby.")

Heater -n. "So I pulled out my gat and I was like 'pow-pow ratta-tat-tat' and it was super tight."

Hose - v.
1) Make a mistake; screw up.
2) adj. To spray someone with automatic weapons fire.

Input - n. Girlfriend, female companion.

Jam -
1) v. To fight or run away.
2) To have sex.

Jock, Jockey - n. A person with technical skills of a high order (e.g. deckjockey, deltajock, panzerjock).

JoyBoy/JoyGirl - n. Prostitute.

Keiretsu - n. (Jap.) A corporate, cartel, or conglomerate.

Khorosho - adj. (Rus.) Good. OK. Fine.

Klepto, Kleptoid - n. Thief, prowler.

Krovvy - adj. (Rus.) Bloody.

Leech - n. Street-doc or med-tech.

Like kicking dead whales down the beach - ph. Any slow and disgusting job or process

Maglev - n. Shorthand term for a magnetic levitation train.

Make a deposit in the body bank - ph. to die.

Meat Puppet - ph. A prostitute whose memory and/or senses are disabled temporarily.

Mentat - n. Brainy individual, specifically one who will stare at a problem without moving for a while and come up with an answer without doing any apparent intermediate steps (like writing things down).

Mileetsya - n. (Rus.) Corruption of the Russian pronunciation of `Militia', typically used in reference to corporate security or the military.

Monkey - n. The business term for an expendable person.

Mushi - n. (Jap.) Computer glitch.

Neh - exp. (Jap.) Interrogative; "Right?"

Oo'zhas - v. (Rus.) Awful. Terrible.

Output - n. Boyfriend, male companion.

Panzer - n. Any ground-effect combat vehicle.

Panzerjock - n. An expert panzer operator.

Paranoid - adj. Someone who has all the facts.

Polymer One-shot - n. A cheap line of polymer plastic, non-reloadable handguns. Very inexpensive, and very unreliable, they come in a variety of colors.

Recycling - v. Environmentally friendly act of killing someone and taking the corpse to a body bank.

Ripperdoc - n. A surgeon who specializes in implanting illegal or unregistered cyberware.

Sardine - n. A soldier wearing Powered Armor.

Screamer - n.
1) Slang for mouth (e.g. "Hey asshole, shut down (q.v.) your screamer!"
2) Something fast, sleek, and sexy, used as an expression of admiration (e.g. "She/He/It's a real screamer!)
3)Somebody who screams a lot while being reduced (q.v.)
4) Somebody who screams a lot while being tightly interfaced (q.v.).
5) Credstick (orcard) or other ID that triggers computer alarms if used.

SIN - n. Single (or System) Identification Number. An ID number unique to each citizen. Many streetpeople (nomads, derelicts) are said to be "SINless", i.e. without a SIN. This makes them unknown (non-existent) to the system. It allows them to move about in society more freely than a `recorded' citizen, but also allows the enforcers of society (police and corp. security) to punish/abuse them without due process since, technically, they `do not exist'.

Slot - v.
1) Mild curse word (i.e. "Slot THIS, chummer!").
2) To have sex.

Slot and run - ph. Hurry up, get to the point, move it.

So ka - ph. (Jap.) I understand, I get it.

Soykaf - n. Coffee substitute made from soybeans.

Sphincter Factor - ph. A level of disgust, nervousness, or fear (usually on a scale of 1 to 10.)

Svoluch - n. (Rus.)
1) Derogatory term for someone with honor.
2) A bastard.

Twinkie - n. A naive, defenseless, vulnerable, or otherwise useless person.

Tyur'ma -n. Jail

Valuta - n. (Rus.) Literally "foreign currency". Refers to any hard currency, either electronic (cards, sticks) or scrip.

Yono - n. (Kor.) A person who is scum or a low life. (From the Korean"Yonomoseki").

Last edited:
Can I still throw rocks for the ones you've missed? :-P

Breetva, tyur'ma, gou'pi, heater?

The last is common, but still worth including. The others are fairly understandable through context, but still.

That being said, thanks for typing all of that up. :-)

Breetva's in there. Look harder -.-

I'll add the others.

Fuuuck, sorry. Didn't see it.

Lol, and nice sarcasm on heater... :-P

Me? Sarcastic? I'm hurt.

Now that Episode 1 is coming to it's rising action, I figured it would be time to open the floor for possible Episode 2 plot lines. I've got a few, but I want to hear your input first.

I want to apologize for not posting. I crashed my car yesterday and it was a blow on my psyche as I was the cause of the crash. Everyone is okay though but my idiot action of looking away and not registering the speed of the car infront of me made me just want to turn in early.

No problem, glad everyone is alright.

I'm adding the post-deadlines again, with posts due on Sunday/Monday (starting from here, of course, so not this coming one). To fact check where we're at:

Tonedeaf has set out to join the hunt and will probably show up last-minute.

The NPCs are getting gear together with Garrett, waiting for the main bulk of the party.

Synthia and Zona are heading back to town.

Criminals are hiding out.

Was going to post but then the update. It shall be up tonight.

Also: Although I am impartial to the overall change, the GROUP change SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!

I unfortunately do not have much work next week. So I should absolutely be able to make another post sometime. (Might have to kick the boys into gear)

-edit- I am one of those boys....

Hey. I am contacting T'shara to see about doing a collab instead of a solo post seeing how Geth and Lyra are sort of going there together.

Going to work on my post this week, not entirely sure what to have Daken do since he abandoned the hunt for Geth. Probably go to a bar and hear about the bounty on Nils.

Hello!
Is this still accepting characters by any chance?

Hello!
Is this still accepting characters by any chance?

Yes. Right now the main plot is pretty far along, but we have some sides going on right now.

Unfortunately, it's time this came to a close. It's been nearly twenty days without any activity for the IC thread, and I doubt that will change. It has now gotten to the point where the plot has stalled at the point of no return. After having gone through four players and several retcons, plot additions, and character takeovers, it's time that Fourth Rock ends.

I'm sorry to hear that the Fourth Rock didn't play out as well as you'd expected. :c

I'll archive the thread for you tomorrow if you haven't reconsidered by then. In any case, good luck with your other roleplays, Kraken!

• Thank You
Reactions: ze_kraken
Status
Not open for further replies.