Fourth Rock - Reservations Closed

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys will just have a conversation similar to when Jayne joins the Serenity. "This job pays more."

Go ahead. These aren't quite set in stone; they're just starting points.

You guys will just have a conversation similar to when Jayne joins the Serenity. "This job pays more."
Go ahead. These aren't quite set in stone; they're just starting points.
Okay i'll shoot you a PM soon.

As to Geth, as I understand there is a 100,000 SC bounty on Blackhart? Or did I misconstrue the numbers? I imagine my character would rather go after the bigger fish. So it would be an interesting angle when I do meet Geth.

"As much as I want to kill you, there's someone I want to kill more" kind of deal.

The convicts are going to pay out at 800,000 for the head honcho, 1,000 for each peon after that. Nils has a rather large bounty, yes, but you won't get to him.

Remember that if and when you do meet Geth, you'll probably also be facing Lyra. He and Lyra teamed up for this job to watch each other's backs.

"Can't get paid if you're dead."

Remember that if and when you do meet Geth, you'll probably also be facing Lyra. He and Lyra teamed up for this job to watch each other's backs.
"Can't get paid if you're dead."
Haha. I have no problem with my character dying, but with that said I'm not going to have him do something stupid, like a 2 vs 1 fight.

She's quoting Firefly (I think?). It's been a while since I've watched "Out of Gas"...It's so depressing.

That line's from the pilot. :-) But yeah, I'm quoting Firefly as the reason Lyra opted to work with someone else and split the profit.

Ooooh. Seems like I'm on the menu once more XD

And while we are quoting firefly

I see you are going for Daken to go after Geth. My question about that is...

giphy.gif

I SO HAD TO XD

Oh, haha. Having not seen firefly the references fly right over my head >.>

Everything about your life will be better if you fix that, @Atlas Child :-)

That, and half of the slang and references on my end are coming from Firefly lol.

Not to mention like 80% of this world is stolen from Firefly adapted for my purposes, then blended with elements of Dune.

When will the sleeper awaken? i know that my hope clouds my observation but if I control the spice I control the universe.

Reactions: ze_kraken
I was about to send some people to break your guys' kneecaps. Good post!

The posts about the redshirts vital side characters are coming! I promise -_-

Alright, are we good to head out to the bounty's location?

If so, a few notes to take into account:
  • Four person collaboratives (funny enough) aren't going to work very well, so we might need to resort to posting orders when combat comes up or we try a DnD-style collaborative post that'll involve a similar order.
  • I'm not going to resort to dice for anything, but I do trust you guys to not wade through six guys at once. At most you'll be able to take on one or two quickly, if not, be prepared for a long firefight that - odds are - you're going to lose.
  • Remember the shock of being hit is a lot worse than the hit itself in several circumstances. People get shot and lose their shit unless they're at the SEAL level or bracing for the impact. Don't believe it? Try getting shot and saying it's 'just a flesh wound'...
early2.jpg

One problem with 3... Aren't we all experienced bounty hunters? It's not like this is our (characters') first firefight.

To use my own characters... I would expect Synthia to freak out and go into shock if/when she gets shot.
But I would expect Lyra to be able to handle it a bit better. To be able to keep fighting through a graze and get herself to cover or away from the scene if it's something more vital.

Well, that's up to your character's background. My bad on the context (which was shitty...) but basically that was for 'getting shot and not expecting it' or 'getting shot and seeing guts when you look down' and others.

I gather your main point was less we need to immediately freak out and more "we don't get to get shot and keep moving like nothing happened, and you as GM will be watching to make sure we aren't playing like we turned on Skyrim godmode"?

Status
Not open for further replies.