Fleshing out some ideas

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
So, I'm looking for players who might be interested in helping flesh out these ideas, and bring them to life. Ideally, I'd like to end up actually creating a roleplay out of them, but for now building the world, and fleshing them out a bit is fine.

[fieldbox="Title, Yellow, dashed, 10"]RP Series 1: To Rule The World

This roleplay series is High Fantasy, with elements of romance, drama, action, adventure, and more, placing an emphasis on the events surrounding the city of Litun, home to many different races, and the product of ancient Elven ingenuity. The roleplay is focused more towards the religious sects and corrupt minor governments, as well as other cities and nations who wish to claim Litun as their own, due to it's strategic position.[/fieldbox]
So, this one I actually have some things I'd like to do with it. I have really no idea on where to take it, or what I'd like to see it grow into, but at the same time, I would like to grow this into something fantastic with the help of interested roleplayers.

[fieldbox="Title, Red, dotted, 10"]RP Series 2: The Demons We Choose

This roleplay series focuses on a more realistic world, with drama, action, and romance, and is centered in the beginning on a group of teens turning to a life of crime, then later on, the same people all grown-up, meeting again in what seems to be a plot twist from life.[/fieldbox]
I can't really say I know what to do at all for this one, I just kinda thought it up while writing. If it ever gets to a point where it's IC material, I'd personally like a bit of roleplaying from earlier on, then a time-skip to later in their lives, or maybe the use of flashbacks, but I'm not really sure.

To be honest, I won't be mad if nobody takes interest, and I don't care if anyone takes a few ideas from these. But I would like to see them become something roleplay worthy.

Tsukumogami can assume humanoid forms if need be.

They are sentient, so I don't think they should be pets.

Hmmm... I'm thinking that on the Eastern side of this world, there's a special kind of magical force that causes Futtachi and Tsukumogami to come to be.

Tsukumogami occur when inanimate objects reach their hundredth birthday. They gain sentience, speech and an ability to assume a humanoid form, thanks to thw Magical Force. They cannot reproduce, and can only be born via that method. This would explain why this phenomenom doesn't occur in Lutin - because the odd magical force is out of range.

Futtachi occur when an animal exceeds its natural lifespan, or is born from another Futtachi.

Can i ask for a picture of a Tsukumogami, I personnel want to see them left out because i can't picture them mixing in with society. The idea just stands out to me. With the Futtachi it makes more sense because its a LIVING BEING gaining sentience after awhile.

Here its a INANIMATE OBJECT gaining LIFE and THEN sentience at the same time then mixing in with society that can swap between two forms.

Or am i still not understanding this correctly? For the sake of not making this story too complicated. i say we just leave them out

I think if it was to fit in the society I think @Proficiency idea of making them a exotic trade I think that would allow them to fit in but I have to admit I agree with Pro on this....

They're not exactly complicated. Plus, I made it so that they can only be born outside Lutin.

Alright, here's the long explanation.

Traditionally, Tsukumogami aren't humanoid. However, for this RP, I'm sort of thinking like Touhou girls or something.

In general, Tsukumogami are discarded objects, so their general personality is to seek belonging once again, thus societal hangarounds and blending in with society. It's kind of odd to see what are meant to be discarded objects be... used as slaves.

There are a few ways of going about this.

1. Have them possess the ability to cast physical, 'false' humanoid bodies in order to interact with other humanoids.

2. Have them possess two transitionary stages. First one gaining sentience and speech, and the second one having their old inanimate bodies sprouting into humanoid forms, unrecognizable from their original inanimate object forms.

3. Similiar to 2, except being able to swap between humanoid and inanimate object forms via magic. Good for disguise.

Slave trade's a very odd route for Tsukumogami, that I can say.

Let's see how it goes first.

It's definitely an interesting 'race', although I just can't seem to get behind it. We don't want to over-populate the world, especially with playable races/characters. Maybe we'll add them in at a later time, maybe as playable, maybe not. But for the sake of moving on to the next step, I think it's best to leave them out for the moment.

Crow, yes, Draconians have wings. They are a race of (basically) humanoid dragons, without all the abilities a dragon would have(elemental breaths).

As for magic in general, I was hoping to not include it, but I think magic will be unavoidable, so I'd like it if magic were a small thing in the beginning. More focus on story, actions, development, and physical combat than anything magical.

As for the other races that were suggested, nothing is taking the place of Dwarves, as they are the race Litun was founded on, and thus replacing them causes Litun to lose it's importance, as there are some things I'd like to delve into on the subject of this race. With the momentary exception of the Tsukumogami, I think the others can stay, so long as there is a clear understanding that these sub-species are all still their own respective races. A way of looking at it is that humans, being the labeling sacks of shit they are, took all these animal races, and made a name for their collective.

With that being said, I would like to move on from the races and species, and talk about a bit of the ideas people have for the conflicts and sub-plots of the roleplay, and if anyone would like to have their own section at some point. Let me clarify what I mean by that.

This is not at all just MY idea anymore. We've all worked hard to help each other bring this idea to the point it's come to, and that being said, I think it's healthy for a bigger roleplay to be led by more than just one person. In this, I mean plots. I mean story arcs and sub-arcs, led strongly by certain players whose interests are going to be more relevant. Take the first arc/chapter. The downfall of Litun. While I have a few ideas that would help this come to pass, it would be better to have someone who has more things that work with said arc. Or against, if you want to spice things up and actually try to drag it out a bit.

Now, to make sure we're on the same page where ideas are concerned, I don't want every last detail of your ideas, just a general what's it of the idea. No need to give out any precious information that turns your surprise ideas into something we all see coming. If you'd rather not spoil your best ideas in any way, you may keep those to yourself. I do not want the best ideas. Save those for the actual roleplay.

Note: @Proficiency, @Crow, @Etrenelle, I am sorry for not being around sooner to help debate on all of this, I've had a busy weekend, and it's probably only going to get more and more busy, but I'll try my best to stick around. If the worst case scenario comes to pass, and I can't afford to continue working on this, Proficiency can assume control of the idea, and do what he sees fit.

• Love
Reactions: Etrenelle
That's okay @Kelsi Kitsune we are all busy at times~

Uhm personally I dont think I will place in the request to build an arch or anything just cause I have another RP I am running at the moment and cause I am just slowly warming myself in I am happy to help out anyone who wants help with their arch~

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
I appreciate the trust you place in me to carry on the idea if you are unable. I don't have any experience Gming a Rp but i will do my best with the task.

Now moving on...

The festival idea i had before is how i believe our story starts out. Its the eve of the Event and everyone is mingling with one another. A perfect chance for our characters to meet one another for the feast in the Lutin's primary trade district . In the morning they all go home to their respective districts to find disaster.

Before starting let me just say that "Ambassasdors' are the highest ranking officials of a district. To those living in the districts theses people are basically The ruler of the entire nation. They do as they say as they want all their people to represent their nation.

So lets say the dark elves are victims to a robbery of their legendary jewel vault. The dark elf district is home to one of the largest stores for jewels in all the land. Shipment directly go though this place before the goods are dispersed to the market at large. Extremely valuable and rare gemstones were snagged and the prime suspect are the cunning and masterful orc thieves. Either they did the job themselves or someone hired them . By the Orcish Ambassador doesn't say who hired them as he doesn't know what the hell the Dark elf ambassador is talking about. So this pisses them off and tensions between them rise.

Meanwhile the Falmar suffer a great tragedy as a ancient tree of life was burned down during the night. With all the pedestrians out partying, no witnesses were there. Except a elderly man who stumbled across the tree in flames and panicked. Trying to put the flames out as quick as he but eventually failing. He was found weeping by the burned husk as the sun raised. While the more soft spirited Falmar gathered and mourned this tragedy. The more radical political figures started looking for who was responsible. They blame Dark elves nationalists who are disgusted with the Falmar's hippie tree hugging ways. They see industrialism as progress and the Falmar are against that. So they torched the tree to send a message. Much like with the Orc ambassador. The Dark elves don't know what the fuck the Falmar are talking about. The goverment itself had a decent level of respect for their elven counterparts. Just never agreed on most things. Tensions between them rise

For the Kitsune, a Shrine to their ancestors was vandalized and some relics were stolen. Now they could had pinned it on the orcs much like the elves did with their jewels. But orcish thieves don't carelessly vandalize places they break into. They get the stuff and go. So the crime didn't see fitting for them. The Kitsune found themselves without Evidence and it was seen as dishonorable to cast around accusations without evidence. So, instead the Kitsune adopt a far more xenophobic approach to EVERYONE. They become paranoid of everyone's intentions as they aren't sure who sis responsible and who they can trust. Though, they don't honestly expect the innocent Falmar were behind it so are slightly more cooperative with them.

I don't have anything in mind for the humans or dragon fucks. But regardless this could be a way we can work in @Etrenelle's changing race. They become a suspect our characters discover. Why are they doing it? Look into it.

Also @Kelsi Kitsune i wanna say that you ditch trying to tell the story of the shit happening outside the cities for nations trying to take the city. You should focus on whats going on IN the city as thats the heart of the RP. Let the internal drama and politics be the universe. Each district acts as a extension of each nation and they are all in the city walls. Not fighting with sword and shields but with diplomacy

Now that I'm able to get back to this for a moment..

I like all these ideas. they will definitely be a part of the roleplay, and I probably should make an info dump very soon, but that'll have to wait until after work. For the humans, let's just say a prized possession was stolen, something like a menial trophy, or a medal that hold more sentimental than monetary value.

The Draconians, being a result of Dwemer science, are wonderful builders and great blacksmiths, so maybe something in this area goes 'missing'. A legendary forging hammer, or other tool imbued with the power to make exceptional weapons/items/buildings regardless of who wields it.

As for the last statement, I understand the view on keeping things centered on Litun, but as someone who's played many roleplays that are centered on one place in particular, most of them didn't make it very far, as there is a lack of variety in the scenery. Yes, there's multiple districts, things to do, sights to see, but once we've run out of things to see inside the city, that lack of variety will drive people away. I've seen it happen and it really sucks when a wonderful idea ends up unused.

There's plenty of time to fight with diplomacy before things between big name nations and powers begin to make a move, and there will definitely be more time spent roleplaying about the city and these problems than there will be slicing enemies of Litun. I'll be back on around 5pm EST so have a good day everyone!