Fleshing out some ideas

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
So, I'm looking for players who might be interested in helping flesh out these ideas, and bring them to life. Ideally, I'd like to end up actually creating a roleplay out of them, but for now building the world, and fleshing them out a bit is fine.

[fieldbox="Title, Yellow, dashed, 10"]RP Series 1: To Rule The World

This roleplay series is High Fantasy, with elements of romance, drama, action, adventure, and more, placing an emphasis on the events surrounding the city of Litun, home to many different races, and the product of ancient Elven ingenuity. The roleplay is focused more towards the religious sects and corrupt minor governments, as well as other cities and nations who wish to claim Litun as their own, due to it's strategic position.[/fieldbox]
So, this one I actually have some things I'd like to do with it. I have really no idea on where to take it, or what I'd like to see it grow into, but at the same time, I would like to grow this into something fantastic with the help of interested roleplayers.

[fieldbox="Title, Red, dotted, 10"]RP Series 2: The Demons We Choose

This roleplay series focuses on a more realistic world, with drama, action, and romance, and is centered in the beginning on a group of teens turning to a life of crime, then later on, the same people all grown-up, meeting again in what seems to be a plot twist from life.[/fieldbox]
I can't really say I know what to do at all for this one, I just kinda thought it up while writing. If it ever gets to a point where it's IC material, I'd personally like a bit of roleplaying from earlier on, then a time-skip to later in their lives, or maybe the use of flashbacks, but I'm not really sure.

To be honest, I won't be mad if nobody takes interest, and I don't care if anyone takes a few ideas from these. But I would like to see them become something roleplay worthy.

In response to the "Rule the world idea"

If your looking for ideas I can maybe suggesthe a few things.

So the RP takes places in Lutin. Which is the primary trade hub of the world. Strictly neutral to all the massive empires outside waging ear on one another. Litun has the motto of "If you can't find it here - You wont find it elsewhere" As caravans from all nations go though Litun for exotic goods with out having to go on a gruelling trip to the states themshelves.

Though this Litun gains a diverse population from all city states. Missionaries from native religions also set up shop here in hopes of spreading their messages to traveling caravans for them to carry back home. With all theses cultures setting up shop in Litun, officials started setting up housing for people based on their nationality. The center is for Litun Natives and wealthy merchants where the other parts of Litun are seperated into districts. Think "China town" As its just places that sport the flavor of the race living there. There's no segregation to speak of, surely there's some tense relationships between some of the religions there. Maybe a guard gets bribed to turn a blind eye to one cult vandalizing property of another.

As for why other nations would start taking aim at Litun? Maybe one nation outlaws a religion and refugees devoted to the faith head to Litun for shelter. By housing theses enemies of the State, this empire might want to conquer Litun.

With Litun being a center for trade it becomes the center of the economy of the world. If a empire takes it, they can control wealth beyond measure. But if someone did take it they would have a target painted on their back by every empire that depended on Neutral Litun trade. It's a tricky situation, one where you can't just send a bunch of troops in and take it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'll dig the first idea. Fair bit of potential for me to contribute to.

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
@Proficiency, your ideas sound very good. Especially the last one. It gives me an idea for a later moment in time, where two nations join teams to take over Litun, in which the Empress is forced to retreat and go into hiding. After this, the two nations begin to crumble and clash, half-destroying the city, both attempting to claim Litun for themselves. I could go on, but I'd rather leave it up for debate for other interested players, in case someone has a better idea.

@Crow, What ideas did you have in mind? I would very much love to hear them!

Now that I'm sitting at a computer and not in the bathroom stall at work. (Don't worry, still kicked ass at work.)

Allow me to expand on the plot i suggested. I'm about to blow the roof off this thread

So Litun is broken up into several districts based on race and the culture that surrounds that race. Get this, laws are different in each district. This district system the goverment of Litun has set up serves also as a means to make traveling merchants "more comfortable" when visit the city. Each district has their own gates and are typically aimed towards their home nation. This way merchants can slide into a district that is almost identical of their home. Here they don't have to worry about upsetting the local customs as the district they visit shares the exact culture of their capital.

All districts act as a extension of the capital city. This is also where embassies of the nations reside. Litun doubles as the fucking UN. Litun is were massive diplomatic negotiations take place. Also with this, people here can seek citizenship with the other districts. Its a migrate center as well. Litun is the unofficial capital of the world. It's importance surpasses sovereignty.

Every nation benefits from Litun, some may hate that it benefits others. Some may just feel insecure that Litun is more mightier than them, without shedding any blood. Inside the city nationalist groups of citizens form to promote their nation's influence within Litun. Since laws are different in each district, the Lituns don't interfere. They just continue to profit while the people inside get heated over ideologies and differences.

But of course, it is a center of diplomacy. Some seek to find peace among its people. Further diplomats travel here to learn in the ways of negotiating. Some go on to serve mindlessly at diplomatic summits. Where others take what they learned and go become silver tongued merchants. Some of the leading trading companies were once suppose to be diplomats for peace.

But Litun worked it out - Its not about how many soldiers you got, not how many castles you own or how far your banners reach. Its about the money

And Litun has a lot of money

• Bucket of Rainbows
Wow.. I am rather impressed. I don't even know what to say in response to that. I mean, aside from the fact that you did blow the roof off, indeed. Also, good job kicking works ass! I might have a job soon, myself!

I'm not sure how to turn this into a roleplay at the moment, but I was hoping, if you are interested in helping with that as well, I would like to aim it towards becoming an on-going thing, like Ilium and the other major roleplays, only, not as big as those. And I have a few ideas as to where I'd like the roleplay to go, as well as a few major events that I'd see unfold, some in other nations, as well as the idea I previously mentioned.

I would also, very much so, like to point out the fact that you are amazing, and I love you already! In only two posts, you've basically turned something I've been thinking of for months, into a much bigger world.
(Sure, they're pretty lengthy posts, and likely took a good minute to think up, but still quicker than myself)

My primary strong points are shaping races in worlds, and to an extent, shaping some extent of areas around it. If we're building districts and cities based on these various races, then by all means, I shall aid.

There'll be some races that can and will live in civilization, and others that stick to the nature that surrounds it.

I can't rev my engines on my mobile phone, so I think I'll bring in the big guns over the weekend.

• Love
I will be happily awaited your ideas, Crow. I think I've roleplayed with you once or twice before, and if I'm correct on that assumption, I think we'll really like your ideas. I, myself, will try to come up with a few things, but I can't really say I'm even half-decent at world-building and the like, or I probably wouldn't even be in the interest check area. My preferred area is in the ideas and events portion, not that they're any better, but I have more experience there.

Since i doped that idea on you i suppose i should offer my assistance in helping you expand further on it. Just tell me where you think i could be the biggest help and i'll work on some ideas

Well, you seem great at most everything, honestly. World building and plotting is what I need most, I think, although I'm not entirely sure, as this was more or less started from scratch. I would say to work in the areas you feel best in. In all honesty though, I really don't know what to focus on first. I've never worked on anything more than very small-scale roleplays that didn't focus on anything but story.

Well for a plot i think i got something you could use.

It could start of on the eve of a festival that the Litun host to honor all cultures that reside in their city. A parade that will travel though every district. Showcasing the creativity and talent of each race.

The Lutins also sponsor certain restaurants and street vendors to hand out free food and drink during the event. Truly it is a event for the richest and poorest to enjoy. At the end of the parade, everyone meets up in the Lutin district for one giant bash were the booze ain't exactly free but a party nonetheless.

When the party us over and everyone is picking themshelves up off the streets. They then hear about all vandalism that went on during the night.

Every district had some form of attack. Culturally Valuable landmarks or stores have been merciless damaged and the entire population is curious who the vandal is.

Accusations start being shit of at each other district for being behind the attacks for whatever reason. The time for everyone to be friends and enjoy life for a night has passed. Now people are back to their ways of "Oh I just know it was those Hitu bastards that did this!"

Our characters could be responsible for tracking down this vandal before public unrest rises to a breaking point.

Also if you need help figuring out what exactly could be vandalized. Then I'd need some Info on each race you have in mind

@Kelsi Kitsune

• Love
@Proficiency, I'm sorry for not being around sooner, Sonic has had me running back and forth the last few days and I'm not even actually working yet. That sounds absolutely amazing. I think we could use that to start it off. I'll get to the races in a second, but before that, I wanted to point out how exactly amazing you are. Nothing you've proposed has yet to disappoint me, and I'm in love with all the ideas you've given so far.

On to the races ^-^ I'll recap all the races at the end to make it easy to find them all.
Obviously, there are the Elves, which are split up into two sub-groups, which I want to think up some original names for. The first is much like a mix between the Falmer and Bosmer of Skyrim, who come from a very cold, forested land, and the other are a mix of Dunmer and Altmer, leaning more toward Dark Elves, and coming from dark underground areas and caves in a very deadly region of mountains to the south.

There are the Humans, Kitsune, and Orcs, which in this roleplay would consist of a more Goblin-esque culture. There are the Draconians, A race of humanoid dragons. These are basically mixing a donkey with a horse, but mixing a dragon's DNA with a long forgotten race of Elves, the Dwemer. Because who doesn't like Dwarves?

All-in-all:
Humans - I'd assume there isn't much to tell here, as it's rather straight forward.
Falmer/Bosmer - Are masters of wood working, and one with nature, and take on a rather old fashioned sense of clothing.
Dunmer/Altmer - have more of a Dark Elf appearance, and lean more towards designs of Dark Elves.
Orcs - Are more derived from Goblins, and therefore take inspiration from all things Goblin.
Kitsune - have more of a Japanese style to their buildings, clothing, and traditions.
Draconians - take inspiration for buildings and clothing from ancient Dwarves.
And of course, any races you may have in mind.

Alright, let me try my hand at this...So let's start off with the Dark elves first as they are the only ones I got anything for as I write this. This is all off the dome.

----
So the dark elves lived underground and in caves. So, want I'm thinking is that dark elves control the mineral and gem trade. The dark elves stakeep in Litun is that it's the number one supplier of ore and exotic gemstones to make jewelry with.

They fuel the war economy by selling all this raw material that can be made into weapons or armor. While at the same time they control the market for luxury jewelry. They're extremely industrious and as such don't see eye to eye with their hippie counterparts, the Falmar.

------------

Let's try the Orcs/Goblins next.

What's the orc stake in the Litun market? Service, they have no physical goods to offer besides their muscle. Mercenaries, theifs, assassins and other cutthroats make up the orc district. The district is not controlled by any orcish tribe and is rather independently ran by a council of guild masters.

Merchants and shop owners from all districts would do business with the Orcs to either protect their assets from theives or to sabotage a rival by stealing some goods. Assassins are tricky business obviously. The only time Lituns have stepped in to override district laws was to remove assassin guilds from their city. You can still find a freelancer in a bar if you got a keen eye. Or if your bold then go look for one of the unofficial guilds.

Citizenship is this district means you are a member of one of the guilds. All guilds follow a rulebook that simply states that business comes before grudges. The only time a guild should ever interfere with another guild is if a member is in the way of finishing a job.

-----

Kitsune now.

Alright the Kitsune travel to Litun by sea, their homeland is far the fuck off and surrounded by water. Their district is the only one that has a port and they are happy to share it...for a price maybe.

Kitsune aren't horrible people, in fact they Are quiet honorable thanks to a sense of tradition and respect for their ancestors. You can trust that a Kitsune merchant is selling you quality goods. Or otherwise he would feel the sharp stare of their ancestor cutting into their soul.

But do not mistaken the Kitsune as pacifists. Their savagery can be witnessed if you commit any dishonorable acts in their homes. Honor killings are quite common for thosexample who cheat, lie, manipulate and deceive. Honesty is the number one trait of a Kitsune.

----

Falmar now.

The Falmar are the pacifists of this world, they close wounds, not create them. Their philosophy is that all life comes from nature. Thus to preserve life you must persevere nature.

The Falmar are excellent healers and gardeners. They're research into medicine is to preserve the creatures of nature (everyone in Lutin). So they sell the cheapest and most effective remedies in the world. Every district (except the dark elves) has a hospital that has at least one Falmar in a high up position due to their almost natural skills at triage.

As gardeners the Falmar can create food in abundance. In a city so populated with hungry people. You'd be crazy to deny the Falmar a entire district to bring in their caravans overloaded with food.

----

@Kelsi Kitsune

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
I have to say, I should start paying you for all of this wonderful information.. If I had the money, I probably would.

Draconians

The Draconians are expert and master level builders where buildings and ships are concerned. Their knowledge and skills with hammer, nail, and metals of all types and rarities, is completely through the roof, and the first person to rule over Litun was of this race, and is the reason for the districts looking the way they do now.

The humanoid dragon race is also comprised of strong minded individuals and skilled tacticians, their minds derive from those of the dragons, their combat and leadership skills influenced by the ancient Dwarves. This makes them great leaders and even greater negotiators. It also makes them some of the best blacksmiths in the entire world, although this is not always the case.

Alright now we just got the humans to give some gimmick

They suck

Moving on

• Nice Execution!
Okay, so with basic race info out of the way, it would seem we have all of the basics out of the way. Or most of them, anyway. I'd say we should turn our focus on the nations/cities surrounding Litun, and more specifically, those of which have their eyes set on Litun.

If at all possible, I'd like to have a few different chapters to this, One that focuses on the slow but sure downfall of Litun, the rebuilding of civilization for the former inhabitants of Litun, and the reclamation. There will be three or four groups, each vying for control over the city, and two of them will eventually merge into one to complete the first one. If we choose four, this gives us the opportunity for a small-scale battle which is won against one of the invading forces. In the end, the remaining force will be assimilated into the civilization of Litun during the reclamation, and thus help take it back.

I leave the choice of how many, up to you. But I can help shape one or two of the rival powers if necessary.
@Crow, are you still interested in helping? If so, maybe you could help here. I'd very much like to hear some of your ideas. ^-^

Yes I am. I've got my good fair share of races to contrib.

MT's rolling in soon so I'll list the names

Elemental (Salamanders, Undine, Sylpheed, Gnome)
Moon Rabbit (More oriental races)
Tsukumogami (More oriental races)

I do have some undead races like the Jiangshi and others, but I'm unsure if the undead belong to a lively town.

We could use a winged race, such as the Tengu. Maybe the Draconians have wings already?

Aside from Undine, an aquatic race could apply.

Hmmm... what if we extended Kitsune to Futtachi? Futtachi are... you know what, I'll elaborate when MT's done.

I guess Dwarves can take the place of RPG Gnomes for this, if we're thinking of Dwarves. Gnomes here will be closer to nature.

EDIT: MT all done. Let's get this rolling

Traditionally, Futtachi are animals who have exceeded their natural lifespan and gained sentience, speech and occult powers. This includes Kitsune, Inugami, Bakeneko, Bakedanuki and more.
So yeah, I'm basically extending Kitsune to Futtachi - an entire beastfolk race, perhaps? A very magic-oriented one at that.

Oh, Elementals... I have info logged somewhere. I'll shorten and simplify it eventually. Elementals almost exclusively live in nature, but some might appreciate civilization, especially in a bustling place like this. The young ones are known as Larva, who live in nature, and when they mature, they form a cocoon and will sprout into either an Undine, Sylpheed, Salamander or Gnome. Since this race prefers nature and very few Elementals live in Litun, they just live in whatever district they deem fit and adaptable.

Last edited:
  • Love
Gosh I was more keen for the second idea to be honest "The Demons We Choose" BUT I do love the ideas that have been formed here!

I have one race I would be interested in~ Ever hard of Changelings? They can change their body to look like anyone (Other races and animals but not inanimate objects)

I guess in this world they would be the type that would work secretly for those in power. Because they dont have their own culture, Changelings tend to mix and hide with others hiding in amongst others.

Normally their birth appearance traits include pale skin, white eyes or pale coloured eye colour with their iris and also their pupil. It isn't uncommon to find one with completely white eyes but generally they have dark black rings around their eyes. Their body frame is very similar to an elf tall and slim with nearly no body/facial hair.

Due to the fact that the race does not have a culture Changelings would be lone wolves working and living alone and do not live with families. But most of them gain money and work by being spies and assassins for the rich and wealthy.

I am not really sure if that is enough? I can write some more XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Okay so let me respond to a few of the race ideas presented here.

@Crow I can only picture this setting working with humanoids so i thinking tossing "Tsukumogami" and "moon bunnies" (whatever the fuck THOSE are) would not mix well with the universe.

However

The Tsukumogami COULD be tossed in if they were perhaps "exotic" pets of the Kitsune race. I don't really see them having their own society and district in Litun. Maybe it could be a rare product of the Kitsune. Making their trade much more valuable in Litun.

As for Futtachi, sure that could work out. Maybe just replace the Kitsune Empire for the Futtachi empire. just keep the same lore i put up for them and its a done deal.

@Etrenelle For changelings - Could be interesting. Not sure If i'd personally make those playable as that could be a bit overpowered. But they could be used for the plot i have in mind of every district getting vandalized during the festival.

I would want these people to be typically unwelcomed by most communities should a Changeling ever be open about their true identity. Maybe some would even kill them on sight?

• Love
@Proficiency I think that would actually happen if I was to be perfectly honest. I wouldn't think of them as a very well respected race and I wouldn't expect to have their own Empire and their numbers would be low I think personally.

I was thinking it could be interesting if a Changeling had a child with another race without the other race knowing that they were actually a changeling due to the way that the behaved. I just thought that would create an interesting conflict.

But yeah I think the race would better serve as a pawn for the overall plot.

• Bucket of Rainbows