Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturia felt her fist clench. No, she would not, would never be ordered around by a brat. She would not be ordered around again, she had made sure of this. Not well enough, apparently, as the little wise ass continued on his trek of rebellion. He just wanted to walk over her, is that it? Well, he's got balls for sure, she was sorry she told him he didn't. He wouldn't have them for long, but she was sorry, nonetheless. She took in as big a breath as she could handle. She was shaking, completely on edge, warring within herself on what she would do.

I can't just start a fight with him, we've got a mission to do....... but he can't just sass and get away with it. Arturia's eyes dashed back and forth between the metaphorical devil and angel on her shoulders. Imagine, if he makes you even angrier, on Lovi's ship, you'll surely tear it to pieces. Take him out now, Arturia. Arturia felt her head swimming. She had to not hurt the ship anymore, that was a given. But not hurting the boy? .....You can't push him away from you like you've have been, Arturia, show and receive kindness. That almost made sense, Arturia reasoned, the mission was way more important, and if they got along then everything would be fine.

One thing, Arturia sweetness....her devil said, You already tried the whole nice thing. didn't he brush you off like dirt? Arturia's glower returned, "He did do that..." she muttered. She had almost forgotten that. Now I'm not saying that you should outright destroy him, you're a Felas, way~ better than that. No, no, no....Make his Life a Living Hell. You guys are going to be on a vessel together for a long time right, make him regret it. Arturia felt the ends of her lips curl into a smile, "I can do that." she whispered, walking over to the door. She picked it up and carried it back to its frame. "I can do that...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto looked off on the brim of the ship. He could see, this mission was going to be a real pain in the ass. How can she just think she owns the place? Like everything she does, is more important than anyone else? Otto clenched his fists. And he was going to be stuck on this ship with this brat for the next 2 months!? He out a hand on his head, rubbing his temple. He was going to die, that was sure. He looked back towards where he came from. But, she'll go down with me...won't she? He shook his head, You're delusional Octavius, you need sleep.

He sighed. Maybe he shouldn't have accepted the mission. But he really didn't have a choice, did he? He didn't choose to be on this mission. So, why did they choose him? Sighing again, he turned to go back inside, only to stop mid-trek. It was Siegfried. "Are you leaving now?" Otto asked. Siegfried smiled, then nodded. "Which is a shame, it looks like things got interesting around here." Otto gave a dry chuckle. "Yeah?" Maybe he should stay...it would keep Arturia off of my back, and maybe I'll have one person to talk to. He gave a bright, large smile. "Maybe you don't have to leave after all..." He almost laughed when Siegfried's eyes widened.

"Really?" Otto nodded, "Of course!" He walked past Siegfried, his grin still plastered on his face. "But, there are a few rules you'll need to follow..."

Arturia had finally gotten herself situated when all at once she had this awful feeling in her gut. Arturia stopped, kneeling somewhat to see if it would lessen the pain. "This...pain! ....Something bad is happening on the ship." Arturia slammed the newly fixed door closed behind her, praying that it would stay. She had found the two idiots talking amongst each other, nearly screaming she covered her mouth. "What are they talking about.....?" She could see them laughing.... Oh goddess Fjorn. Great, Arturia felt a slightly newer response to her anger, her stomach clenching tightly. The Trapper would be staying....her shoulders slumped. Outnumbered, two to one. Arturia couldn't begin to try and wrap her head around the upcoming mutiny. She felt herself sitting down, it was like the end of all things.

She had never been taught to do in a situation like this, but she had an idea. " I call upon the forces of This and the Netherworld.... Bring to me my weapon, Full Starbuster!!" She placed the sword in front of her. If either of them got too close, she would cut them. She had almost decided to torture him, but with his backup there, it would be difficult. She would just go for the good old, hack 'n slash method. She hated the idea of being surrounded by little boys and cowards no less. And with Siegfried on board, who couldn't fight for shit....she would be carrying both of them to the prince. And begging His Highness to kill her.

Arturia sighed, pulling herself up, In the slightest, blood would be easier to clean up. She brushed past the two as she made her way into the bridge, sitting in front of the wheel. "We go now." And without further thought, she started the ship up, and began to leave the harbor market, and get back to the road. The border was so close....They would be in Heloa soon.

Otto felt that maybe his partner, was either paranoid or worse. Every time she saw Otto talking and laughing with Siegfried, she would tense up. This time, she had brought her weapon out. Her weapon? Really? He stared as she steered them towards Heloa. He looked over to Siegfried, who was looking absentmindedly into the scenery, stroking his animal fur. Why was she so afraid/mad at him anyway? He shook his head, learning personal details about his partner wouldn't help him.

He leaned over to Siegfried, "What are you doing?" He whispered, causing the taller male to jump, and yelp. Otto backed away. "Uh...sorry." He stared at him again. "So, what were you doing?" Siegfried sighed, "Daydreaming, I guess. I was thinking about what I could buy with the money you gave me." They both heard Arturia scoff. Siegfried looked to her, then looked back. "Thanks, by the way." Otto smiled, "Yeah, no problem. couldn't let her try and kill you and then take all of your money." Siegfried laughed. "Yeah..."

Otto narrowed his eyebrows. "So, what did you do for her to glare at you like that?" Otto whispered. He honestly wanted to know. He couldn't have Arturia trying to slice Siegfried up into multiple pieces during any dire situations they might have. Especially, if the situation involved the prince. "Can you tell me? Or do you not know?"

Arturia sighed, loudly, wanting desperately to block them both out. Their whispering wasn't as quiet as they would like to think, and it angered her to hear the subject of the conversation, especially. It wasn't his business to know, nor Siegfried's business to tell him. If she hated someone, they would just have to deal with it. She didn't have to make sense to them. Arturia strained her eyes to look out the window, hoping that it would allow her to hear less. Then again, her anger was doing a good job of that too. Maybe she was being too erratic about it all..... She was getting angry every two seconds. Her blood pressure would suffer dearly for this.

Arturia chanced a glance in the direction of her supposed partner and the Trapper. If he wants to know and ruin his own little purity, it would be his own fault. She would rather not deal with his safety anyway. If he needed someone to cover for him in a fight, that idiot weakling Siegfried could do it. She stroked her sword calmly, She could take care of herself. They could stumble over each other if they wanted to, she would not help them. Her mission was the the Prince, not some common mage, and his pervert pet.

Siegfried laughed awkwardly, probably because Arturia was right over there. Otto tilted his head to the side, eyebrows knit. "Do you not want to tell me?" He asked quietly. Maybe the tiny girl had put more fear in the latter than Otto had originally thought. He gave a tiny smile. "You don't have to tell me. He almost laughed when he saw Siegfried visibly relax, was he really scared? He smiled back at Otto, "Yeah, it's kind of hard to explain."

Otto nodded, though as he and Siegfried kept talking, he could tell Arturia was still angry. She needs therapy...Otto thought. He sat back on the couch, and crossed his arms. "And what about you?" He asked loud enough for it to echo across the bridge. "Do you want to tell me why you hate Siegfried so much? It seems your hatred has no bounds." He asked, eye narrowed.

He was beginning to get sick and very, very tired of his partner's antics. And if they weren't getting along, then he wasn't going to do this mission anymore. The prince was going to have to deal with it, he couldn't stand being with people as emotionally unstable as her. "Did you hear me?"

"He's a pig, Ottoman. Sometimes, boys like yourself just weren't built to understand reasons the opposite sex has for things." She growled, then after a moment of thought, in a more serious tone, "What good would it do you to know why? Do you think letting you into my personal life will sate my anger, Ottoman? On the contrary, I would rather you go ahead and close the book you've been trying to open called My Life, and I appreciate the effort, but no thank you." Arturia let the silence between them grow, she turned around to them.

Siegfried was wearing the most uncomfortable look on his face, and Otto looked as if he didn't give a shit about what she said anymore, "But if my warning doesn't interest you, continue onward. The more you find, out the better you feel, isn't that right? Don't let me stop you." She suppressed the snarl in her throat, "Tell him what happened Siegfried." With that, Arturia turned back to the form, looking outside the window. She let out a slight laugh.

Otto stared at his partner. Seriously? Was she serious? Why, had every time he had attempted conversation, had she run off with this long drawl about her life? He didn't give a fuck about her life! "What the hell is wrong with you?! Why do you always end up, going on as if this is going to hurt you in the slightest?" He stood to his feet.

"No, trust me, I don't want to know about your life, nor would I read the book. You can take your damn book and toss it out the window!! Let the beasts outside deal with it!" He clenched his fists. "I wanted to know..." He took a breath. "Why you seemingly, for no reason, hated him." He pointed to Siegfried. "Not anything else about your damned life, because, if you're drinking as a minor, it fucking sucks alright. I got that." He walked over to the door, "I don't need you, acting high and mighty, as if you're a god." He turned to face Siegfried. "I'm sorry I asked, apparently it was too much to get a grip of the people I will be living with for two months." He walked through the door into the hallway, letting the slamming door fill in the silence he left behind, along with Siegfried's taken aback expression, and Arturia's turned back.

Arturia let out a breath, "Finally...." She couldn't stop the look of slight anger at seeing that Siegfried had not left also. "What's wrong with you?!" She turned back, she really did not want to get into it with the Trapper as well. "Look, Siegfried........I don't care." The tall man stood up abruptly,, "You just go around hurting people don't you?" She shrugged, ignoring his rising voice. "He was just a kid, you're being a bit heartless, Arturia!" Arturia finally turned to stare at him. "Siegfried, I don't care. Go after him if you want. You two can talk. I will not apologize to him." The man groaned, "I'm not telling you to apologize, dammit!"

Arturia nodded, "You're not telling me anything. You want to go comfort your friend, go right ahead and do it!" Her voice rose as well, "I do not care! If he goes and cries about it, he deserved it! Now go, and talk to him if you're angry at me! That's what he's been doing hasn't it?" Arturia reached into her satchel, throwing it above Siegfried's head, "All I told him was that I didn't want him to learn about me! We are not learning about each other, we are not in this for the experience! This is a mission! If he can't get that, he can spend all of his fucking time in the halls! Dammit, I was not put on this earth to bend to his will!" She glared him up and down, before taking another dagger in her hands, "Now go to him!"

Siegfried snorted turning to walk out with his hands in his pockets. Arturia let out a ragged breath. Seriously those two bring out the worse in me......"And I don't have a drinking problem....I just drink alcohol." she whispered, rearing her head back to the front once again. "It keeps you from hurting, or feeling anything.....a baby like that should try some."

Otto hear footsteps coming from behind him. He turned to see Siegfried. "..." He turned around and kept walking, without saying a word. Siegfried reached out to him, grabbing his sleeve. "Hey!" Otto stopped walking again, and looked over his shoulder. "What is it?" Siegfried let go, shifting into an uncomfortable silence. He wasn't angry any more? "You're...you're okay now?" Otto nodded. "I get hot-headed sometimes..." He shrugged. "No big deal. I didn't expect anyone to run after me." Siegfried's jaw almost dropped. "Are you kidding me? You were going to leave me in there with her?" Otto broke into a small grin.

"Come now, you're a grown man." He teased. Siegfried crossed his arms, "Even grown men are afraid of knives." He huffed, making Otto laugh at him. Honestly, he couldn't tell what made Arturia hate him. He tilted his head. "I kind want to know why she hates you so much now...is it only a personality that women deal with?" He asked, jeering at him. Siegfried gave an awkward laugh. "I don't know, Arturia's really the only who's made a comment about it." Otto nodded, "Oh really?" Siegfried nodded.

"Yeah, she said I'd 'fuck anything with a pulse'." Otto stared at him. What?

Arturia, settled into her silence again. She had always felt so much better alone. People just wouldn't understand- Something had touched the side of the vessel. She shook her head. No, it's nothing, probably just her delusions......It was so minuscule that maybe she was just flipping. When it happened again Arturia cursed, "Great Goddess Fjorn.....I can handle this myself." she muttered, Arturia refused to let either the boy or the pervert worry that their lives might end. It was probably nothing. Faeries floating alongside them, or maybe a stray herd of .....mountain goats. Either way, it wasn't anything that the normal person could feel.Only a true warrior....... Arturia looked at the front window. "I can open it without breaking it." she decided, then reached for a button beside the steering wheel.

Funny enough, the front window opened, like a sliding door. She smiled as the air of nature surrounded her. Nothing better than this. She muttered, Now about the steering wheel. She took Full Starbuster and stuck it in the wheel to jam it. They would stay on course this way. Arturia stepped out of the open window and began to climb on top of the vessel. Not like those idiots would worry if she was gone. she agreed, pulling herself onto the large roof of the vessel. "Let's see what's going on...."

"You'll fuck...anything...that moves?" Otto asked, eyebrows knit. "What-what does that even mean?" He asked, feeling an urgent need to move far form the taller male. Was he really a sexual harasser after all? Siegfried waved his hand dismissively, not at all noticing Otto's hesitation. "She was over-exaggerating, of course." Otto let out a sigh of relief, "Oh? Than what did you mean?" Siegfried, looking Otto straight in the eye with full seriousness, said: "I just have a way with ladies, that's all."

Otto stared at him, then without hesitation, walked past him. "Let's go back to the bridge." Otto decided, not waiting for Siegfried's reply. Honestly, he was happy that he wasn't a sexual harasser. He was just a lecherous person, who happened to mess with the wrong girl. Otto was actually very happy to know his new friend didn't need to be burned alive. Entering the bridge, his happiness deflated.

The front window was open, and Arturia was gone. Naturally the only assumption was that she had either a.) run away, believing he and Siegfried were going to jump her, or b.) gotten kidnapped. Seeing that her sword was wedged into the steering wheel, he knew neither of those things happened. But if not, why in the hell did she open the front window?

Arturia was rather surprised to see a large beast tailing their vessel. It was furry, almost a rufous red, and sported six legs to its undercarriage. She had seen this animal before, "A.......Tepid" She instinctively went for the sketch papers in her satchel, stopping before drawing them out, "No... I don't...n-need to draw this." She crawled against the roof of the ship, the wind threatening to blow her off. She was close enough to the back to see the beast even more clearly. It had a flat head, with small, thin slitted eyes, and two short ears. Arturia smiled, wide. "Hello, large friend.....You are very close to bumping the back of my ship..." She held out a hand, hoping to at least push the animal away from the vessel to prevent damage.

Arturia saw the animal flinch away from her touch, backing away with a worried sound. "You don't trust people....I understand that....." Arturia's hand once again went to her satchel, desperately clawing for the drawing paper. She smiled weakly, "Please excuse what I'm about to do...." She waited, the animal running a tad bit closer, if only to see what she was drawing. Another masterpiece, save for the slightly rigid posture of both herself and the animal. She leaned closer to the animal, just at the exact moment something exploded in her ears....It was a roar, not the timid bleat of the animal in fronton her. She lifted her head to look past the animal, sure enough there it was.... A much larger Tepid. If this one was the size of the vessel, then the other one was three times as much.

"Oh.....You were,,,just a b-baby....." she whispered, the rage of the mother animal was obviously seeping from the animal's body. "If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't going to hurt her." she quickly apologized before jumping up to run. The wind pushing her around like a paper doll. She stumbled and fell in front of the front window. Without pause, she lifted her head up enough to yell, "We've got to move. Now!" It was lucky that both Siegfried and Otto were in there.

Both guys didn't understand at what was happening. Until they saw the large animal rushing towards them. "What the Hell?" Otto yelled loudly, jumping back. He looked over to Siegfried, "Take the wheel!" He said, pulling a charm out of his pack. "What-what's a Tepid doing here?" He screeched towards his partner. She said nothing, but ran inside. She beat Siegfried to the wheel, taking her sword in her hands. Otto pulled the charm close to his chest, repeating words he'd heard too many times before.

Lord be my guide and raise my blade, All fall beneath the sound of your mighty voice. He raised his arm, charm in hand, over his head. Crash! God of Lightning! A loud boom sounded through the skies, and then a blue streak fell from the sky. At almost top speed. It didn't hit the large Tepid though, instead it hit right in front of the monster. Stopping it from hitting the ship.

"Do not do-....Please don't hit the ship, Ottoman!" Arturia called out, he would no doubt turn on her if she snapped on him. She would only give him one order, "And Do not hit the Tepids! She's just angry at me, I should've known better!" She dissipated her sword, "Siegfried, serpentine this thing! Please do not harm the animals!" She looked back out the window, biting her tongue. The word, so foreign on her tongue, especially when directed at these assholes. Arturia reached into her satchel, smoke bombs. A gift from an over friendly assassin. Good. She quickly began to go back out the front window. Siegfried grabbed her arm, "Whoa, where are you going?!" Arturia glared back at him, "Why are you touching me?" Siegfried let go, "Do not go back out there! It's dangerous."

Arturia shook off his warnings, "This is my fault, I'm going to use the smoke bombs to confuse her and make her stop chasing us!" She could here the lightning god being called in the background. "Besides, if this continues, either the ship or those animals are going to get hurt! I'm not going to let that happen!" She actually looked.....sad. Siegfried, a bit taken back by the actual legit caring emotion in her voice, just continued driving. "If you get thrown off the vessel, we're leaving you!" Arturia nodded, "I know."

Otto saw Arturia coming up towards him, near the front window. What did she think she was doing? He squinted his eyes to see she had something in her hand. Oh no you don't. He pulled the charm close to his chest again, this time with a different spell in mind. Protect thy holy area, preventing demons and danger from going in or out. This time, it worked, stopping Arturia in her tracks. He called over his shoulder. "You stand out here, you're getting filled with lightning." He stated. He heard her try to break the barrier, this time nothing happening. He inwardly smiled.

"I'm not going to hurt them!" He yelled back, "Or the ship, so stay there!" He ordered. He didn't need anyone getting in the way trying to play "hero". She'd just kill everyone. He repeated his earlier spell, another shot of lightning from the sky, falling between the Tepid and the ship. Please, don't stay here. I don't want to hurt you.

Arturia growled, she knew he wouldn't hurt them! They would get themselves killed! The mother was too angry to simply let go because of flashing lights! It was her fault someone was going to be hurt.....Arturia gasped, loud enough that she had to stop because she ran out of air. She saw something ahead, quickly she twisted her head to face Siegfried. "How much did you Serpentine?!" The tall man looked over at her, "What are you talking about?" Arturia let out a whimper, "Oh gods....no wonder I didn't let you drive! Ottoman, get back here now!"

Arturia gulped, clenching the smoke bombs in her hand, she cursed, she wouldn't be able to deter the Tepids. Arturia looked back ahead of herself. There, nearly five miles off, was the end of the road way. How had they gotten so far off the road, It was probably her fault.......She cursed again, "Otto, dammit! Siegfried turn us around!" Siegfried shook his head, "I can't the Tepids are blocking us!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto saw the what Arturia was screaming about. The road was coming to an end. Otto cursed under his breath. What were they gonna do now? He looked back towards Siegfried and Arturia. "Siegfried! Get us out of here!" He called. "I'm trying!" Was the response. He bit his lip, they were running out of road. He looked over to the Tepids, and clenched his fists. He looked back again. "Try and Move the Tepids, with the ship!" He yelled, running across the deck. "What?!"

He stood on the edge on the deck,. Holding the charm close to him, once again, he cast a spell. Oh, Faeris, God of Winds, blow away my enemies. He thrust the charms out in front of him, dozens and dozens of winds spirits blowing in front of him. The began to move the ship slightly. Otto clenched his teeth, keeping the spell was difficult. Just as it was to keep the barrier standing.

Arturia clenched her teeth, they were going to crash....she could see Siegfried struggling to veer them off their current path, and she could see Otto trying to keep up his magics.......Her eyes narrowed in on Otto, struggling with the projection of his magics.....She pulled her sword up. She was going to help. She didn't need to be a hero. She brought her hands back and struck the barrier with her sword, The sound of cracking could be heard over the winds and Siegfried yelling.

Arturia continued to hit the barrier, striking until the cracks became big enough. When the cracks splintered throughout the glass, Arturia thrust her sword through. Craash~! The glass broke into a million pieces, Arturia didn't take a minute to breathe, she ran past Otto, jumping outside, sticking her sword into the ship, to keep from being blown away. She quickly pulled her sword up, taking off to the Tepids with haste. She quickly threw the smoke bombs, aiming for the eyes of the Tepids. When the smoke bombs collided with the faces of the animals, both wailed, skidding to a stop some ways away from the ship. Arturia smiled.

They're okay...... she almost let out a breath, "...! Siegfried, Turn!" He wouldn't hear her. She quickly began to run back, bracing herself against the winds that Otto had brought, when the vessel turned. Arturia fell to her stomach, and the ship, slid closer and closer to the edge......until it went over.

Otto felt himself moving, though he had not intended to move. His entire body was moving, lifting of the deck. He looked down, wondering what the hell was going on. He looked around to see if he could find Arturia or Siegfried, only to see the sky, getting farther and farther away. What happened? Did they fall? He looked back to where the ground used to be, now only water remained. They were going to fall into the ocean. Otto began searching desperately around for somewhere he could plant his feet. Only to feel something wrap around his stomach.

He felt someone tug on it, his eyes widening. He felt himself being pulled upwards, getting farther and farther away from an untimely swim. He turned his head to see Siegfried pulling him towards the window. He couldn't help but smile. Once he was pulled inside of the bridge, he took a deep breath. "Will this ship hold in the water?" Siegfried didn't answer, just looked out the window. "Stay here, I'm gonna get Arturia." He said, leaving without another word.

Status
Not open for further replies.