Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturia was sure that she had probably gone blind. It was dark, but it was light too. The walls of the chasm were surrounding both her and the ship. She wanted to kill Siegfried right now. It wasn't his fault, but it was nice to have a fall guy. At the very least, she knew those Tepids would be okay....... Wonder who they're going to send to find the prince if we fail? Or do those cowards even have a back-up plan? Arturia was falling lighter than the ship, and had begun to float away from it. She closed her eyes.

The sound of rushing water could be heard below, We're above the ocean?.....Yes. I wonder how strong I can swim- Her thoughts interrupted by the sudden tightness around her stomach. Her eyes shot open, she looked behind her, where the tightness originated, Siegfried. He had some rope tied around him, grappled to the roof of the vessel. She almost growled, almost, "Thank you." she muttered, not even looking at him. "Well don't even say thanks.... Geez."
"I did."
"You did?"
She nodded, Siegfried scratched his head, "Well........your welcome." He pulled both of them back to the bridge, when she was safely inside, Siegfried closed the front window. "We may be safe inside the vessel, but we're still falling. Any ideas? Otto? Miss Arturia?"

Arturia gasped, "I've got one!......but, you might not like it. It messes with the plan...."

"Which plan?" Otto asked, "The one with the Tepids? Or the one about our..." He paused, "Retrieval mission?" He crossed his arms. Death wouldn't stop his sass now, he was born this way, and he might very well die the same way. "Cause you fucked the Tepids plan up. Big time." He peered out the window, as the ship was getting closer to the water. "Do we even know if this ship can float?" He looked back to the other two. "Can Pop's ships do that?" Siegfried shrugged, "I don't really know the guy, so..."

Otto sighed, he shouldn't be so sassy. Maybe he was just on edge. He faced Arturia again. "Sorry, death makes me antsy. Please, continue." He didn't need to take it out on her. He nodded in her direction. "Go on." He began to wonder who would save the prince now? Would they even know if they were dead?

"The plan," she continued rigidly, "To fly over the border." She walked over to the steering wheel looking over the controls, "Lovi said that it could fly.....though, haphazardly." I'm just going to have to risk it. at the very least...... "We'll ...be further out over the ocean." Arturia sighed, continuing to look. There was an obvious large button with a pair of wings on it. She sighed, "Here goes!" Pushing the button, it forced the entire area of controls to change. What was once a steering wheel was now a steering wheel, altitude check, on board navigation system....all the things that an airship had.

Arturia smiled, turning her head away from the boys so that they couldn't see it. Lovi's greatest experimental device: The Airship. Arturia took the controls, We might still fall, but we're flying right now. That's good enough..... "This will work I hope."

Otto saw the ship, moving away from the ocean, and moving into the sky. "We're flying? This thing can fly?" He asked pressing his face to the window. He had never been in an airship before. At least one like this. He couldn't help but feel extremely light, and really happy. He ran over to the steering wheel, which had changed slightly. But, the button was still there. One that opened the front window. He pressed it, and then ran onto the deck. His eyes lit up.

"Oh my goddess..." He muttered. Was he being childish? He didn't know, but watching the sky move all around the ship made him feel childish. And small. He sat down on the deck floor, then lied down on his back. He closed his eyes and listened to the wind move around him. Maybe he could go to sleep, just for a little bit.

Arturia let out a laugh at Otto's playfulness, "Don't hurt yourself!" she called out to him. For once she didn't feel angry when she said, or even a bit sarcastic. Maybe flying did that to people. She turned to Siegfried, "You going-" The animal trapper had fallen asleep, hand over heart He probably had quite a scare trying to save both of them. Oh yeah....he had saved both of us......Arturia looked back to the wheel, judging it to be sturdy enough, she quietly left the bridge, through the front window. She sat on the deck some ways away from Otto, staring up at the too blue morning sky.

She could feel the calm Seina breeze surrounding her. She looked over to Otto, he was practically asleep. She smirked, I could probably get away with it. She reached into her satchel, pulling out her drawing materials. The kid was actually pretty drawable, she sketched out the deck, and sky before she knew it. Arturia decided that this was a good place to be right now. Nothing to make a crew happy like a life threatening situation. This was okay, for now......They would still rely on her later, man she would totally hate that. Even if she did hate it, she was drawing all three of them on the deck, Siegfried and Otto, both napping somewhere comfortably, and herself just sitting down.

She was truly hating this right now.

Otto felt the wind blow over his face, causing his eyes to flutter open. Sure, he hadn't slept enough to make up for the last six days of no sleep, but it was a start. Maybe he just needed to sleep on the deck from now on. As long as they were flying. He smiled at the thought. They were flying. He sat up and began looking around. Siegfried was asleep, and Arturia was...sketching? Otto tilted his head. What was she doing? He stood to his feet and began to walk over to Arturia.

"Hey." He said, stopping a couple of inches away from his partner. She looked up, and scrambled to hide her sketchpad. Otto took a step back. "Oh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I wasn't going to look at your work!" He said quickly. Arturia looked slightly ridiculous trying to hide the sketchpad, but he hadn't meant for her to freak out. He gave an apologetic smile. "Just checking on you." He looked at the sky, and the clouds around them. "How far are we until Heloa?" He asked, looking back down to his partner.

She sighed a ragged breath, "...I-I'm not sure. The only one in the bridge right now is Siegfried, and he's sleeping. I don't feel like disturbing him right now. If I had to guess, around a week." She pushed the rest of her paper and materials into her bag. Looking over at her partner, "Honestly, I don't know what Lovi was talking about, the Starbound Destiny is much more stable as an Airship." She chuckled, looking around the deck, "Do we have any food to eat? All I had was that stuff from the restaurant back in Xerxes." She winced, her stomach had gotten empty fast since her last meal.

Arturia laughed innocently, "Does anyone on this godforsaken ship even know how to cook?" she called out, looking up to the bridge. Receiving no answer, she got up, beginning to walk back towards the doors to enter the vessel. "I'm going to try and head into the kitchen and eat something. Do you want anything, Ottoman?" Arturia hadn't exactly decided to be nice to Otto, but hunger and flight made her feel way more agreeable than normal. She just hoped that the others didn't find that out. "Come on." she gestured.

Otto followed Arturia in silence. She was actually being nice and agreeable. Even listening to everyone else, and asking for their opinions. He was beginning to think, maybe being in the air was better for everyone. Especially Arturia. Maybe he could convince her not to drink. His eyes widened. "Oh yeah, I didn't buy beer. I'm still a minor, so I decided against it." It wasn't entirely a lie. It just wasn't the entire truth. He really just didn't want a drunken partner.

They both walked into the kitchen, which was now, fully stocked, thanks to Otto. He grinned thinking about it. "I don't know if you'd like to , but I can cook something for everyone." He walked past Arturia and began fishing ingredients. "If you want to, could you talk to Siegfried? See how long it would take to get to Heloa now?" He rolled back his sleeves. "I can take care of this." He waited for Arturia to leave the kitchen, and then took a deep breath. "Let's get started."

"Arturia called out to him, "I don't exactly need drink every day!" It was oddly enough, playful banter that she used, running up to the bridge to go and see if Siegfried even knew how long it would take them to get where they're going. The man was still, sleep, snoring softly in his dreamland. Arturia snorted at him, "That man could sleep through a hurricane." She huffed, walking over to the steering wheel, according to the onboard navigation system, it would take less than four days to reach Heloa, and there would be a slight drizzle of rain later on tonight.

Arturia was actually very impressed that the navigation was so thorough. She nodded, repeating the information in her head so that she could deliver the message to Otto. "You have definitely changed, Miss Arturia." She turned, Siegfried was looking over at her, wiping the sleep out of his eyes. "I haven't changed, I still hate you." She stated, nodding, somewhat childishly. Siegfried waved her off, "Hey, Siegfried, you can stay with us on our mission if you promise to steer the ship to where we need to go." She waled over to him. Hovering somewhat over him. The Trapper looked up at her, "Are you sure you haven't changed?" he questioned, eyebrow raised.

Arturia laughed, "Not at all, Pervert. By the way," she began to leave, "Ottoman is making food for us, so if you want to eat, you need to wake up. " Siegfried sighed, getting up somewhat, "Are you still Arturia Felas?" He just wanted to make sure that she wasn't replaced with a clone somehow. "She turned to him, "I already said yes. Now c'mon. Food, isn't that what men like?" Siegfried followed her out the Bridge and thy started to walk to the kitchen again. "Wait, Otto's cooking?" Arturia rolled her eyes, "Yes, Ottoman's cooking food."

"Why are you calling him Ottoman all the time?"

Otto smiled with several of his creations. Cooking, that was his vice. In the last thirty minutes, he had made a couple of hors d'oeuvres for Arturia and Siegfried to eat, while he worked on an actual meal for everyone. He smiled, he hadn't really been given an opportunity like this before. So when Arturia and Siegfried walked into the kitchen, good smells hit their noses instantly. Otto turned with a wide smile.

"Hey." He said, turning back to his creation. "You guys can have some of those." He said, pointing to some of the hors d'oeuvres. "Just leave me some, okay?" Siegfried's jaw dropped open. "How could you make that?" Otto shrugged, "Just a gift, I guess." He didn't turn to meet Siegfried's eyes. "You're not going to eat it?" Siegfried grabbed an entire plate, already some food in his mouth. "Hell no! Thanks, man." Otto smiled, still turned away from the other two. He shrugged again.

"Of course."

Arturia giggled at Siegfried's gusto with the food they were handed. She herself, took a small plate of hors d'oeuvres and nodded her thanks to Otto, sitting down to eat them. They were excellent. She almost dropped her food because of the surprise at the taste. She hadn't known what she wanted them to taste, but they had exceeded her every thought. She smiled wide, "Otto, these are excellent!! How did you learn to cook like this?" It reminded her of her food back at home almost. She smiled wide, eating her food happily as Siegfried did.

The aforementioned Trapper stared between both Arturia and Otto, "You guys are different somehow......does fresh air really do this to people. I'm scared." Arturia laughed at his joke, continuing to eat. "Don't lie, you prefer us this way. It's okay." She mused, eating another snack, "If this is just the precursor to the meal, what are we about to eat, Ottoman?" She questioned, not letting her gaze lift from the beauty of her plate.

Otto smiled. "I had thought you guys wanted to eat a meat. Something hearty. I'm gonna make you guys some chili." He smiled and turned to Siegfried and Arturia. "Besides, technically, you've changed too. You're more relaxed." Siegfried laughed. "I'm always like this." Otto raised an eyebrow. "That's disconcerting." He turned back and continued cooking. "So, when do we get to Heloa?" Arturia's head raised, but she didn't make contact. But, Siegfried, he looked up immediately.

"Approximately four days, if the weather's fair." Otto nodded. "Okay, that's fair." He laughed slightly at his pun. He turned and watched as his new partners continued to eat. "You know this won't be done, for like, 20 minutes?" Siegfried shrugged. "Then I'll wait here. I'm sur eMiss Arturia feels the same." Otto beamed, no one's ever liked his food that much. Except...

He shook his head. That didn't matter right now. Right now what mattered was cooking for his friends.

Arturia laughed, "So? Is it a crime to want to stay with the smells and sights of food? The slight hints of Oregano? The strong smells of pasta sauce and garlic salt?.....You know I might want to take it easy for now." She nodded, looking around. "I like food, deal with it." She looked around the kitchen, it might be rude to simply stare at someone cook. "Do you mind if I sit here and watch you, Ottoman? I'm not going to intrude or anything, I just want to sit here with the food." That sounded surprisingly stalker-ish on her part, she realized. "What I mean is, I'm going to see how it is you cook such great food!" She smiled sweetly enough.

Why am I acting so childish? Shouldn't I try to put up more personal barriers? Arturia waited for either the devil on her shoulder to respond or nothing. We almost died, Arturia darling, maybe for now, you can just lay yourself bare. It won't kill you. These guys saved you. Her entire mind seemed to be in agreement on that. Arturia let out a rare content sigh, "You can say I have to leave if you want, Ottoman." In all honesty, she didn't want to, she hadn't had food like this in almost.......a very long time, but only one person ever cooked it.....

Otto shrugged. "I don't mind. As long as you don't interrupt me." He said, still stirring the chili. He was actually very glad people loved his food. He smiled, "Just make sure to wash the dishes when you're done." He turned, to see most of the food was gone. "Sheesh! I said save me some!" He said, putting his hands on his hips. "Don't eat it all, or you won't eat later."

Siegfried patted his stomach. "I think that's gonna be impossible. I'll make room." Otto furrowed an eyebrow. "Even if you say that. Don't just eat it all." He walked over to the table, taking the left over hors d'oeuvres and putting them next to the stove. "Now, do what you want." He said, though it didn't sound very convincing. He sounded very light and happy. Maybe now wasn't the best time to try and be assertive.

Arturia nodded, looking around her seat, the table was sort of messy, thanks to all the food made on it. She got up, taking her plate with her and began clearing it off, placing her dish in the sink to wash off later. "Thank you, you won't even notice I'm here." Siegfried laughed, "Ha! That's a feat!" She jabbed him in the stomach lightly, "Go away." Siegfried shook his head, "No way you two are just waiting for me to leave. So you can go over your secret mission of scaring me with your weirdness." He wiggled his fingers like he was telling some spooky story. Arturia rolled her eyes.

"If you stay in here, you're going to have to help me clean this place up. " Siegfried node,d jumping up, "Yeah, sure." He bumped into her, Arturia stepped back a bit, holding onto the table for support. She sighed, "Be careful." Siegfried nodded, apologizing as he walked to go make sure other areas of the kitchen were clean enough. Arturia shook her head, "So weird, that pervert." She began to wash the dishes in the sink, and when she stepped forward, she felt a tear behind her. With a reddening face, she turned, worried that maybe her clothes had gotten caught on the table.

Thankfully it wasn't her clothes, it was her satchel. But that was still bad. Arturia quickly began to try and gather the materials and small pieces of paper that fell out. "Crap." She muttered abandoning her quest to wash dishes to focus on her task. "What's wrong-.....Hey, you draw, Miss Arturia?" she looked up slowly, Siegfried, standing over her, a small smile on his face, "Is that me? Oh, I'm so honored. Here let me help you pick it." Arturia backed up so that he could help, "Go ahead. But don't look at any of it....it's stupid scribbles..." Siegfried shook his head, "I don't think so. These are really good. Hey, Otto, Miss Arturia took the liberty to draw us. And we're not evil henchmen of the devil!"

Otto nodded. "That's great. I already knew she drew." He remembered the odd encounter earlier. He turned, smiling. "It's ready!" He said happily. He hoped they would like the food given to them. And even if they didn't, they wouldn't be rude about hopefully. He handed each of them a bowl of the delicious chili, wonderful aromas filling the room. He watched as they both wolfed down the entire bowl. Otto stared at them. "Wow, you guys really like it then.

"Of course!" Siegfried managed through spoonfuls. He pointed at Otto without really looking at him. "Why do you always put yourself down? This is super delicious man!" Otto beamed again, his ears turning red. "You really like it?" Arturia didn't really respond, as she was eating, but she nodded. Otto smiled, joining them at the table with his own bowl. "Well, that's good." And he ate as well, although more conservatively than Siegfried.

Arturia sat quietly, her cheeks still burning with the fact her odd hobby was now out in the open. Neither of the boys really mentioned that it was awkward. Maybe they knew a lot of people who drew back where they were from. She had all of her art back in her satchel, with help from Siegfried. She sighed, "This food is wonderful, Ottoman." she meant it, she really loved the food he cooked, it just tasted amazing for some reason. She was surprised that the Chili had come with a small amount of cheese sprinkled over the top, which had melted into it. She had thought she'd like it, but she had been proven wrong on that account.

Arturia took another spoonful, eagerly finishing off her bowl, She looked around, Siegfried and Otto, conversing and eating happily. She figured they wouldn't mind if she got a second bowl. Smiling she ladled more of the food into her bowl, "Someone's a hungry little piggy!" Siegfried had caught her getting more food. "I,,I-I, -" Siegfried put his hands up in defense, "It's alright! I'm sure Otto doesn't mind if you eat. Go ahead, I'm not judging you." Arturia nodded, blushing even more so. She had really lost all her anger for the time being, hadn't she?

Otto smiled. No one ever liked his food before. So, once everyone was done eating, Otto washed the remaining dishes. When he was finished, they all walked back onto the bridge, where Siegfried took the wheel. "You're driving now?" Otto asked, sitting on his usual couch. Siegfried laughed. "Hahaha, very funny. I can drive a ship you know." Otto raised an eyebrow, "Sure, but can you drive an airship?" Siegfried turned away from his friend. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Otto smirked. He pulled out a book from his pack, and began to read it. A book very dear to him, about spells and incantations. And after reading it for a couple of minutes, he became lost in it. The book helped him learn spells like the ones used during the Tepids encounter, and he knew how much he helped then. Maybe he could learn even more spells that would help later, when they found the prince.

Arturia, deciding that there was no longer any point in hiding her art, no matter how strange decided to draw. She reached into her satchel, and instead of taking out loose pieces of paper, she took out a strong, bound sketchbook. With her name carved into it, by what looked like a child's hand. She opened it up, dozens of drawing of scenery were here, drawings of skies and valleys. Of rushing waterfalls and creeks and one of a large tree surrounded by large buildings. She smiled, flipping through more and more pages of art that she had done. Arturia had been convinced that she would never open this book again. But she could now, and no one but the three of them would know.

Arturia had been re-flipping through pages once more, and something flitted out of one of the pages. Arturia looked over at it, a small flimsy square landed on the ground next to where Arturia sat. She looked over at it. It was....some type of photo. Arturia smiled, picking up the flitting piece of paper. She saw herself and her mother, Her mother, who was an older, more strict version of herself. Her hair pulled back into a bun, some strand escaping. There was also a young Arturia in the picture, she had to be like eight or nine....Arturia chuckled at the photo. But that wasn't all that was there.

There was also another young woman in the photo, she had the same serious expression her mother wore, but she had sandy blondish hair and light eyes, she had a little boy with her, he had sandy blonde hair as well, and light blue eyes.....in fact he looked very similar to.....to... "Ottoman, come see this."

Otto stared blankly at his book. He could hear Arturia call for him, but for a couple of seconds, he pretended not to hear. Of course, he couldn't do that forever, so he stood and walked over to his partner, arms crossed. "What's up?" She pushed a picture in his face, which he took in his own hands. Looking at the picture, these people looked familiar. A young woman, hair dark in color and a young girl that resebled her.

But the real thing that caught his eyes were the other two in the picture. The young woman with sandy blonde hair, much like his own, and the tiny child close to her, almost for his life. He knew those two, very well. "Arturia, where did you get this...?" He paused, the dark haired little girl. He looked to his partner, there was no way...

Status
Not open for further replies.