Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was in my sketchbook, why? Do you know who that is?" In truth, she wasn't sure she wanted to hear his response. If he said yes, she wouldn't know what to do. She knew she was in this picture, and her mom. But who were the other two? And if t was Otto, why? How did he get in this picture?.....Why didn't she remember him, if that was true. She felt her stomach tightening again, she was scared of hearing the answer. If he said he was the one in this picture.... She looked everywhere but at him. Eyes darting as fast as her heart was beating.

Siegfried, on the other hand, the third man in the room, noticed the stoic air between the two teenagers. "What's wrong with you two, Looking at something?" He walked over, loping at the two and then leaning around them to glance at the picture, " Oh that's cool, you knew each other when you were children! That's so sweet!" Arturia looked over at her partner, who regarded her with the same look of confusion mixed with a little bit of fear.

Otto raised an eyebrow. "I guess...so." He scratched his head, "But, I don't remember you." He gave a half smile. This entire event seemed slightly awkward. However, Siegfried didn't noticed. He just continued talking. "Oh! Did you know that you were gonna be on the same mission? Ha! Old friends, reunited." He smiled, while Otto looked awkwardly around the bridge. Maybe, if Siegfried noticed they weren't talking, then he would stop too. Sadly, Otto didn't know Siegfried all that well.

"Well, this is wonderful!" He continued on. Otto held up a hand. "Siegfried!" The taller man stopped. "Hmm?" Otto took a deep breath. "I don't think know is the greatest time to show us your airship personality." Siegfried raised an eyebrow, and looked at the two younger kids. "Oh...you didn't know?" He gave an awkward laugh. "Well then, this is a twist of fate indeed..."

Arturia nodded, her face was probably the most red it could've hoped to become. She sighed, "Yeah... I'm sure that the fact we knew about other a long time ago....that has nothing to do with what is going on right now." She saw Siegfried nod his understanding. Arturia allowed herself to calm down, she didn't have to be so worked up. If Otto could be calm, then she could certainly do it. "Is that why I call you Ottoman all the time? I thought I was being cruel." She shrugged with a small laugh. Though, she knew that this is something that wouldn't be easily forgotten, or looked over.

She could hardly look over it herself. How had she known Otto? Was she friends with him, or were they both just smiling for no good reason because they were young and the unintelligent? She wanted to ask, but he looked so uncomfortable. She couldn't possible ask him to delve into the mystery of their shared past. ......But she also couldn't not ask. She really wanted to know, whatever mystery their past held from them. Maybe they were friends once?......She couldn't leave it alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto nodded, "That's probably all it is." He turned, walking back to his couch. Though, he was initially very curious. Maybe he had pushed the memory away when it didn't need to go? With all that's happened to him since that photo, he could believe that reasoning. He pulled the book up to his face again. Though the issue still tugged at his mind. He really needed to know, who was Arturia before? And how did she get to this place?

He searched every single file in mind that he could remember. Even going over silly and insignificant memories of his infancy. However, he wsa drawing a blank. Pretty soon, he would just have to ask. Maybe if he didn't remember something, Arturia would. And if not...he could always ask his mother.

Arturia suppressed the slight damper on her mood. The whole memory thing had shaken her up so badly, well.....maybe she would just go outside and draw there. Picking up her sketchbook and materials she began to walk out the door, again. "I'll be outside, Siegfried, keep an eye out for trouble." The Trapper/Navigator nodded, doing a mock salute to her. Arturia left, also leaving the childhood photo there as well. She was sure she didn't need that in her head right now.

She made it outside in no time, settling on the deck under a nicely shaded area, leaning her back against one of the walls. She looked through her sketchbook, partly for inspiration, partly for information. How long had she been drawing? She had to have a picture of them that she drew somewhere in here..... Arturia couldn't find one, sighing in defeat, she went back to a clear page and begun to draw. "Wonder where we met?...." she muttered to herself, "Random strangers aren't allowed on the property.... Maybe in town?" She felt irritated and calm at the same time. It was frustrating. Like the memory was dancing in front of her eyes, laughing at her, and when she would get close enough, it would prance away like it was dust in the breeze, impossible to catch.

She ended up drawing the members of the Starbound Destiny crew all on the upper deck (which they had, in the back of the ship.) all of them looking up at stars. Maybe calming pictures would relax her mind enough to remember something.

Otto had finally remembered something. Felas. The name belonged to one of th emost important noble families in Fjorn. How could he not have remembered that when he first heard it? It was a very large and powerful family. His head shot up and he looked over to the other couch, only to see Arturia wasn't there. He looked over to Siegfried. "Where's Arturia?" He asked.

Siegfried nodded his head towards the deck. "Out there." Otto nodded and stood. There was really no reason to explain it to Siegfried if he didn't have all of the details ironed out yet. He walked to the deck, picking up the picture along the way. Honestly, he hoped she'd remember without him having to mention anything about himself. Hell, if he didn't mention his old name, she'd never remember...

But should I...?

Arturia had literally been drawing everyone with a cute foreign animal for the past thirty minutes. The drawing had calmed her down very well, and she managed to remember little insignificant details about her possible shared past with Otto. Actually, the only thing she remembered was why she had called him "Ottoman." In one of the later pages of her sketchbook, she found a page of a young looking superhero with a slender-looking build, and dazzling sandy blonde hair.. He wasn't exactly smiling in the picture so much as he was simply leaning against a wall with an almost catty look on his face. This was Ottoman.

He was a superhero she had created for Otto......because he had low self-esteem, she thought. She couldn't remember much about Otto, but every time she tried, she would remember a little boy who was always wearing a careful smile. So had she, but they had at least loosened up around each other a little, or at least she did. Arturia decided that the Ottoman story was more than enough to tell Otto, maybe it would jog his memory as well? She jumped up, leaving her materials in a neat little pile and walked over to the door quickly. She was just about to open it, when it opened for her.

"Oh, hey." Otto was glad that the doors slid, otherwise he would have hit Arturia in the nose. He tilted his head. "Hi." Hr said, thinking about if he should move out of the way, or turn to go back inside. He felt it might be better if he went outside. "Walk with me?" He asked, motioning for her to turn around and walk back where she came from. Thankfully, she did. Otto gave a weak smile, and followed.

"So, I feel kind of stupid but...I just now recognized your family name." He said, slowly.. He knows they both probably feel a little awkward about the whole "Old pals" bit, so he didn't want her to blow up. "But, I don't really remember anything else. Do you have any information? On our history?" He internally sighed. This sounded like he had amnesia. He knew if he just told her his last name, she would probably remember everything. But, he just didn't feel that now was the time. Even for an old friend.

Arturia sported probably the cheesiest smile when Otto asked if she had any clues on their shared past. "As a matter of fact, "she said in a serious, matter-of-fact tone, "I have something right here." She had the picture of Ottoman in her hands, having torn it out carefully so that she could show him. ARturia was pleased, pulling out the picture and holding it out to him. "Here. Ottoman, meet Ottoman, you two have a lot in common." And they did, in reality as well. Arturia noted that she had somehow captured the Otto that stood in front of her in the picture she might've drawn nearly years ago.

"So, what do you think? Can you remember anything now?" she asked, hiding the small strand of hope that dangled in her voice. There was no sense in rushing him. But he said he had remembered her Family name, which meant he was trying to remember something.....and as his teammate, oh this once, she would try to help.

"Well, you're a Felas..." Otto began, he wasn't sure if the Felas family liked being talked to this way. In the end, it explained her temper. And her weapon. "Aren't you guys like, a giant fighting family?" He closed, his eyes. A memory was coming to him, he knew it. It was so close, that he could taste it. "Like, you guys...learn all the martial artes?" He asked weakly. As soon as he said it, the memory began to fade.

He sighed in frustration. Why couldn't he remember that far back? It wasn't really that far was it? "I...I don't know anything else." He said finally, looking to his feet. "How old are you?" He looked back up to his partner. "How old were you in this picture?" He asked, handing Arturia the picture that fell from her sketch book.

Arturia laughed nervously, I guess he's more worried about all of the memories instead of the one, slowly she slipped the Ottoman picture, back down. "Umm, my Family...is indeed a fighting martial arts, weaponry, hand-to-hand combat type family. The woman are taught all necessary skills to combat foes, and take down opponents." Arturia held up three fingers, symbolizing the amount of questions he had asked, "i , myself am seventeen years old, and in that picture I have to be eight years at the most." she smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Now that she was finally starting to lighten up, he was becoming more and more somber. Maybe they would need to be clearing their heads with some outdoor air later one, "That help at all? Are you beginning to remember me, Ottoman?"

Otto closed his eyes. He tried his hardest to remember something, anything. He had even put his head in his hands. Only to receive slight bits and pieces. Fragments that didn't piece together. He was going to need a bigger stimulus. "I..don't..." He bit his tongue. It wasn't fair to Arturia, who was trying to save face, to just sulk and be sad. He picked his head up, and gave a deep sigh. Without knowing it, he subconsciously reached in his pack, pulling out his charm.

He took another breath, holding it to his chest. Think...He pushed himself to think of every memory he ever had as a kid. His breath hitched. Some of the memories weren't pleasant, but he pushed on. And then, slowly, a picture became clearer. "I think, that I might remember you after all..." He said, his eye fluttering open. The picture is his mind, becoming clearer and clearer with every second, was of a little sandy blonde. He was sitting beside a little dark-haired girl, who was drawing something.

Arturia's eyes lit up. She had herself been searching for the reason that this boy maybe being her friend from the past was so important. She had none, as might have been realized earlier, she was often that snake that threatened to poison you when you got too close for comfort. Having a friend, even after all this time....it was something else. It was like a curtain, being pulled back to reveal that once upon a time, she was the type of girl who didn't draw animosity or hatred out of people. She was nice once. And her mother, or sister...they weren't in the way of that. She actually had someone who she could talk to, someone who understood her.

And he was starting to remember her. Arturia gasped, she hadn't been trying to remember as half as hard as he had. She had to try. Her sketchbook obviously had some catalyst for her missing memories.. She would have to check when she got the time. Then again. It would take four days to get to Heloa, that was more than enough time to remember an entire friendship. It had to. She wondered what they did when they were playing. She wasn't much for anything like hide and seek or tag..... and all she seemed to do well at eight years old was wield a sword and fight.....and draw, but that wasn't something to be proud of in her family. "Ottoman, do you think we could try helping me get my memory back as well?"

Otto shrugged. "Anything's possible." He looked back down to the ground in front of him, clutching his charm. "I mean, it's not the end of the world if we can't remember anything..." He paused. What was he saying? Losing memories was probably the worst thing to ever happen to a person. Especially when you forget friends or family. He cleared his throat. "Maybe, if you focus on something from your past. Or maybe, focus on where your family may have taken you, that led us to meet." He tilted his head sideways.

"Can you even remember that day?" He said, lips turning into a frown. He didn't really know if his newfound memories where of the day they met or not. Really, Arturia draws a lot. And she still does, so who knows when he had that memory. "Maybe, something a bit more specific. If you can remember the beginning of the day we met, I'm sure the rest will flow like a river."

"Beginning of the day....that we met?" Arturia pursed her lips together, staring intently at the closest wall. It was easier for her to think if she could see it drawn out somewhere, like an illustration in a storybook. With that in mind, she stopped following Otto, turning on her heels to go retrieve her sketchbook. On her way back, sketchbook in hand. She scoured over the drawings once more. There had to be something that stood out from her past that linked to Otto. She looked through the well-drawn scenes, coming alongside Otto, she muttered, "A lot of these are just drawings of my courtyard though.......she couldn't see much else. The training grounds, the trees that edged alongside the walls of the courtyard. Nothing that was new or unfamiliar.

Arturia checked both the back and front insides of the of her sketchbook. She had brought her weapons satchel with her, clearing it out and checking every scrap piece of paper that was in her bag..... She furrowed her brow, "There's nothing here....." she would have to find her memories without the help of a visual aid. Frustration built up in her body, making her muscles tense. She grabbed for Otto's shoulder, turning him around to look at his face, ".......there's got to be something......" she whispered, looking intently into the face of her partner. She sighed irritably, letting go.

She couldn't find any thing to latch onto, they had never really went out of the castle, except for that one time they had moved into the townhouse her mother owned, They had moved there because her mother had business in the capital. Arturia's eyes popped open. She knew the boy from the capital!! "You!...Did your family ever go and visit the Capital? Maybe for a meeting of Nobles to go over protective measures for the Emperor and his family?" She remembered meeting many children, none so much had caught her interest like the sandy-blonde haired boy, who looked grateful just to be there.

"Umm...yeah, my family went there." Otto scratched his head. "It was imperative to, seeing that I was the youngest in my family and had never gone." He thought about it. Was that when he met Arturia? He couldn't really get a good grasp on the memory, but it was there. It was there, and like the others about his friend, extremely fuzzy. He thought about it some more. He would probably have to introduce his name after all. "There were a lot of children though, do you remember seeing me? Or my family?"

If he was going to have to tell her, then he needed her to have at least one concrete memory. Other than the 'Ottoman" one, he really didn't count it either. It was a wonderful memory sure, but he didn't feel like a hero. He focused his attention to his partner again. "SO, what do you remember about that day?"

Arturia looked down to the floor. She remembered her mother going off to talk with the adults, leaving her and her older sister, Margaret to walk around the city. The city at the time was filled to the brim with Royal and Noble families. It was all for the meeting with the Emperor. All the noble families were brought because of the expertise they held in one field or another. One member of a lot of the families, were they old enough would be moving into the Secret Society, if they could prove they were strong enough. Margaret and herself were going to find other children to break through Arturia's barriers when it came to other children.

"We had gone to a small park place, for children. Many of the children there were royals or nobles, showing off their superior sword skills, or magic skills, or combat skills.....I wasn't very interested in any of them, they didn't strike my attention...." Arturia tapped her chin, "But we could hear cheering some ways away from the other kids, Margaret had decided we would check it out. We found......we found two boys, both with sandy-blonde hair. One practically applauding the smaller one for his great spell conjure." She looked over to Otto, puzzlement across her face, "Was that you?....you have a sibling?"

Otto's cheeks flared. "Y-yeah. My older brother, his name is Cypher." He said, shrugging. He internally winced at the sound of the name. "We're not really close." He said, laughing awkwardly. But quickly stopped, he looked away. Not in embarrassment, but because he tried to remember that day as well. He clutched his charm.

"I remember that day. I was practicing with my brother, and I beat him. You and your sister were watching us." He began, and then the memory began to play in his mind. He was so proud of himself. Even though their father had told them not to do anything reckless, they had a battle. A competition to see whose spell was more powerful. He had won of course, and had accidentally burned a tree in the process. They laughed of course, and then everyone seemed to disperse.

"Did...your sister make you come over to us? Or was she interested in my brother?"

"No....she made us walk over to you more on my accord than her own. She's a Valkyrie...not the boy-crazy type." Arturia laughed, remembering her elder sister's often "inspiring" messages about how relationships would get in the way of the more important things in life: Like fighting and training. "She was intrigued, thinking that maybe it would be a chance for man to redeem themselves, but only if I was able to make friends with 'the small boy with the girly figure' Didn't she seem a bit out of it, to you?" Arturia questioned with a laugh.

"She walked over, practically stole your brother, and left us alone!" Arturia continued, then gasped loudly, "Ah! Then, because I had no idea how to use magic, which I thought would be best to impress you, I drew you a picture of the Noble Palace in the middle of the city!" ARturia looked at Otto, hands moving animatedly about, "I can't remember if you were impressed or not, but...we ended up walking to the Palace together." Arturia smiled somewhat mischievously, "I remember that, because it was the only time in Margaret's life that she had ever gotten in trouble, because she had left me behind."

"You're sister seemed like she liked my brother." Otto said, finally making full circle on the deck. He smiled when he saw the door. He guessed now would be the best time to let Siegfried in on what they both remembered. It was only fair. Otto turned back to Arturia, "I'm not that feminine." He argued, walking over to the door, and then walking through. This would probably be simple enough. Besides, why not introduce his old friend, to his new one?"

"Siegfried! Come here this!" He called out. The older male was still steering, almost like he was in a trance. Otto stopped beside him, putting his hands on his hips. He's really scared of Arturia, huh? "Siegfried?" The dark haired male turned, one eyebrow raised. "What is it?" Otto smiled. "Well, I thought you wanted to hear our friendship story." Otto teased. Siegfried laughed. "Oh really? You remember something? Hey Arturia, come in here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.