Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturia sighed, it's like she couldn't win with these people. Now she had to go without great food, all because she wanted to spar with that idiot. The idiot in question was goofing around with Siegfried and Otto like nothing was wrong. Arturia looked at the food she put on her plate instead. She would fight him again, and if she wanted, this time she would kill him. "Miss Arturia! What's with the long face? Are you still angry with me?" She looked up from her food, "Why do you care?"

Olin acted as if he'd been shot, "Ouch! That venomous tongue! Do you have to deal with that? My gods..." Siegfried did little to keep his wild laughter contained. Arturia rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say....." She looked at the food again, eating it slowly, "Aw, come on, Miss Arturia! What? Do you want to spar again?" She sent a glare in his direction, "If you want to fight, that's fine by me. But you'll have to wait until this ship docks." She got up, taking her plate with her, out of the kitchen area.

Siegfried turned to the door, "Dang she really doesn't like you, huh?" He snickered just a split second after saying it, like he couldn't even try and lie that badly.

Otto just chuckled. He stood, excusing himself from the table. "Eh, I should probably talk to her." He said, smiling. Siegfried nodded. "Yeah, best to not have her angry. We'll never survive." Olin raised an eyebrow. Then he stood. "Then I feel I should come as well." Otto paused. "No, you don't have to Olin..." Olin raised his hand to stop Otto. "Nonsense. If we can't get along, the whole ship would suffer. If you want to make it to Heloa, we need to act as if we get along."

Otto stared. "If you say so..." He began to walk out of the kitchen. "Just don't make her mad." Olin nodded, and followed behind. Otto called over his shoulder. "Siegfried, if you eat anything while we're away, you're food will be deducted too!" He heard a groan come from the kitchen, making him grin. Olin shook him out of that. "So, what will you say to Miss Arturia?" Otto turned his head sharply. "Something to calm her down. Just remember what I said. Don't make her mad." Olin waved his hand dismissively.

"Don't make me mad either." Otto warned. He could feel the heat rising in his hand.

Arturia was simply staring at her plate. She wasn't really sad about the deduction of food, no matter how good the food was. She didn't like that Olin still managed to sit there and act as if he belonged. As if everyone wanted him in that room. On her ship. It infuriated her to no end. If she had been the one in that position.....No, when she had been the one in that position, she could only feel hollow and angry for everyone resenting her. But, not everyone's like that, apparently. Arturia didn't know what she had planned to do when she walked out here, but she could only hope she would think of something soon. She was once again outside, sitting on the roof of the Starbound Destiny to clear her anger. She had even brought her art equipment to relax her nerves.

If all went well, maybe as soon as they got to Heloa, Olin would have to leave and never come back. Hell, maybe if she was lucky, when they got to Heloa the Prince would be in the frontier town and they could all go home. But with her luck.....With her luck, they would be stuck with Olin forever, ad the prince would be stuck somewhere within Agos' own capital city. Surrounded by guards, magicians and great warriors. And she would probably never get along with him, and would never know why. Arturia curled up staring at her old plate and drawings. She was just so lucky sometimes.

But that can't always be a good thing.

Otto walked onto the bridge, and looked around. There was no sign of Arturia around. He sighed, this meant she was probably outside on the deck. He turned behind, noticing Olin just now approaching. "Is Miss Arturia not here?" Otto nodded. "She's outside. We're gonna talk to her." He waited for Olin's response. The taller man, surprisingly, nodded. "That sounds like a good idea. And I'm just going to apologize?"

Otto, hesitantly, nodded. "Yeah, that's what you need to do." He walked over to the deck door. "Just, try not to do anything that will enrage her." Olin raised his hands up defensively. "I know, I know, you've told me like twenty times!" Otto glared at him. "Maybe because you keep doing it." He opened the door, pretending not to hear Olin, who was doing his usual "injured puppy" routine.

There was no way Arturia liked this jerk. And if she did, then he would have to convince her otherwise.

Arturia had ended up drawing.......Olin. She wasn't sure why, and she was pissed about it. Maybe she would be a little less angry if the pictures had featured the man's mutilated body in a burning pit, but no. It was simply Olin from what she could remember of him, which was surprisingly a lot. The thing that made her most angry is that she hadn't yet decided to throw the pictures out or tear them apart. "This is why no one likes art!" she growled through clenched teeth. She, as an artist didn't want to throw out her work. It wasn't some half-assed scribble, and had lots of great points to it. The art wasn't the problem, it was the subject matter.

Arturia sighed, rubbing the back of her head as she looked at the picture. It had the man's odd purplish hair, his well-bult frame, the clothes he was wearing, hell....it was even wielding the same giant's knife detail-for-detail! Arturia curled up into a ball, she still couldn't throw it out. She only hoped that no one ever saw it. And it was at that time, when she heard the ship's door open.

"Why does the universe go out of its way to hate me?"

"Arturia?" Otto called out. Surely, she would've been napping or drawing. He looked around the area. "Arturia!" He called again. When he received no reply, he sighed. Putting both his hands on his hips, he turned to Olin. "Can you find her?" Olin nodded. "I can sense her mana." Otto raised an eyebrow, then watched as Olin walked past. "She's somewhere high-up." He muttered, more to himself than Otto. Olin quickly turned back to the sandy blonde. "Is there any way to get to the roof?"

Otto gave Olin a confused look. "The roof? Maybe...why?" Olin looked up to the roof of the ship. "That's where Miss Arturia is." He walked towards the roof. Then he looked down, and reached in his pocket. Otto, still confused, just watched as Olin tried to fish something out of his pocket. But, then he backed up. Olin had pulled out a grappling shot. "What? What are you doing?!" Olin turned to Otto, and grabbed his arm. "We're headed to the roof."

Without waiting for Otto's reply, he shot the grappling shot to the roof, sending them flying to the destination.

Arturia literally jumped when she heard this loud "pop!" some distance behind her. She turned, it was some metal claw that hung of the side of the roof. Had to be someone like Siegfried or Otto. She quickly began to gather up the drawings that she had. Yes drawings, as in more than one. She quickly began to dash over to the other side of the roof so that she could get down before they got to her. She nearly got there before she heard some sort of noise, vaguely sounding like it was saying her name. She turned in absolute fear, which only got worse when she realized who had said it.

Arturia nearly had a heart attack when she saw Olin. Literally dropping to the ground to regain her composure. "What in the hell are you doing up here!?" She cried out, hoping that the man would stay where he was and come no closer. She wouldn't be able to regain herself from something like this if he saw her art. She simply would not deal, Otto would have to rescue the prince by himself.

Otto sighed happily when he saw Arturia. "Arturia!" He cried, releasing himself from Olin. He quickly ran over to his partner, putting her in a bear hug. "Thank god you're up here!" He said, teas forming at the corners of his eyes. He had never been so afraid in his life. He wasn't even given a warning. He was just grabbed and slung in the air. He tried to calm his racing heart so he could say more, but he couldn't. So he just continued to hug Arturia.

Olin just chuckled. "Were you afraid, Octavius? It wasn't scary?" Otto shot a glare at the taller man. But didn't say anything, and just turned back to Arturia.

Arturia wished to disappear so badly now. Not only was she unsure how to handle Otto's hug, but she had all of the pictures in her hands. "Umm....it's okay? You're safe now?" She was truly trembling with sorrow. It made no sense that she would be trapped in such a predicament like this. But she was, "So what did you two fine gentlemen need?" She knew it was probably the most suspicious thing that had ever come out of her mouth, but she was sort of trapped since Otto refused to let her go at the moment. "Fine gentlemen?" Olin questioned, stepping closer, "A few seconds ago, you were cursing at me." Arturia laughed awkwardly, "I did no such thing, Olin. I was surprised is all."

She scooted back the closer he got, bringing Otto with her, "You two are going to fall if you keep going like that." Arturia shook her head, "You would let us fall, my that's so cruel." Olin laughed loudly, still showing that obnoxious smile., "Do I really have to apologize? She seems great to me, Octavius."

Otto glared back at Olin, relaxing his grip on Arturia some. However, he didn't let go. "Yes, you do." Olin feigned pouting. Otto tried to hold back a scowl. "Olin, that's why we're here." Olin shrugged, "She's being nice, and I promise to be nice. Can't we leave." Otto felt the heat rising to his hands again. But knew if he didn't calm down, he'd burn Arturia. Keeping one hand on Arturia, he turned his whole body to face Olin. You need to apologize for being a douche. No, we're not leaving until you do so." Olin sighed, but then smiled again.

"What if there was something more important to attend to?" He asked coyly. Otto continued to stare. "Like?" Olin pointed to Arturia, his smile never fading. "Miss Arturia is on fire." He stated. Otto's eyes widened. Turning back to Arturia, he found that she wasn't on fire, but her art was. "Arturia!" He exclaimed.

Arturia pulled the burning paper out of reach before Otto could try and save it. "No, no! It's fine, let it burn! It was useless anyway!" She tried to back away from her friend, whose insisted on trying to help her was in fact not helping. She pulled the paper back so far that she rolled from Otto's grasp. Her hand held the papers over the edge, though she too had to look over the side. "Oh dear Fjorn...." She muttered, eyes widening in fear. She scrambled back throwing the papers on the ground. She backed up way farther than she needed to, an didn't stop until she felt something stop her.

Her day, in a sense, was sucking worse than it needed to. As she was now forced to turn and face the person who blocked her way. "Olin......" Olin stared at her blankly, the same smile on his face, "Are you afraid of heights or something? Come on, let me help you up." Arturia was much to shocked by the fact she almost plummeted to her death. She nodded, allowing Olin to semi-pick her up, and place her back down on her feet. "By the way, I'm supposed to say I'm sorry for this." Arturia nodded, "I know, and I forgive you, please go away." Olin nodded, "Fine, fine. But first." He walked past her to the burning papers, and proceeded to stomp out the flames with his foot. "Is there anyway we can fix these, Octavius?"

Otto didn't know what to say. But he did wonder why Arturia and Olin were moving up. He looked back to where Arturia was standing, his eyes widening. He reached out to Arturia or Olin. Whichever would make it first. He felt his feet leave the roof, and his body fall. All he saw from where he stood was Olin and Arturia running over to the edge. He still didn't say anything, but closed his eyes.

Oh, this is gonna hurt. His only thought. He closed his eyes tight, and braced himself. After all, if he wasn't ready for it, it would hurt worse.Holding his breath, he waited for his body to hit the pavement. Only for that moment to never come. His eyes opened, to reveal that someone had caught him. It was Olin. Otto furrowed his brows, how did Olin get down here so fast?

Arturia had screamed, like a woman. She covered her eyes, knowing that she wouldn't have been able to reach her friend in time. She saw Olin move like lightning to Otto's aid. He grabbed him quickly, and was hung over the side a bit as well. She didn't know what to do. Or how to do it. She began to run over to them, checking on Otto. "Do you have him?!" Olin grunted his response, the usual infuriating smile of his was gone when he looked at her. He has actually seemed so serious, like when they had been stuck in that slave camp. "Yeah, but....t-this is really uncomfortable." Arturia grabbed Olin's arm, the one that was holding onto the ship, "What are you doing-"
"Shut up and let go, Olin!"

Reluctantly, Olin released his grip on the ship, Arturia cast for Full Starbuster, and plunged it into the roof, locking onto Olin. She pulled back as much as she could. "D-Dammit!..." She pulled on the man until they were, all three of them, safe on the rooftop once more. "Ottman, Are you okay?!" She called over to her friend.

Otto grunted, not sure if he was able to respond correctly. He looked over to Olin. "T-Thank you..." Olin just smiled, a softer one than his usual. He shook his head. "We're friends aren't we, Octavius?" Otto raised an eyebrow, and chuckled. Then he softly punched Olin in the arm. "Yeah, you're annoying sometimes, but...we're friends." He looked over to Arturia. She still had a somewhat concerned look on her face. Otto tilted his head. Where had he seen that before? "...Ar~"

He heard Siegfried, call out to them. "Are you guys okay?" He said, running over to them. Otto sat up, "Yeah, I'm fine." He said smiling. Olin didn't sit up, but still gave an answer. "My arm is being squashed." He said blankly. Otto looked down, to where he was sitting. "Huh?" And on the other side of his body, was Olin's hand. Otto twitched. "The hell?" He jumped to his feet. "The hell?" He asked again, slightly louder. Olin sat up, unfazed, and stood. "Well, I think we should all go inside. Before someone else jumps." He walked past Siegfried, climbing the roof. Otto growled.

"Bastard!"

Arturia didn't move for a second, it took Siegfried shaking her to get a response, "Hey, are you alright Arturia?" She snapped out of her daze, "I....yeah........yeah, I am." She could see that Otto was fine, so her pounding heart could finally taking that break she'd been needing. "Olin had already disappeared again. She looked over to Otto, "He's okay, right?" Siegfried followed her gaze, "Yeah, he looks great. I'm sure he's just emotionally damaged." Arturia nodded, I know how he feels. She looked back over to the edge of the roof, "Is there any food left?" Her voice shook slightly. Siegfried sent her a curious glance, "yeah, of course. It's a good thing you used that sword of yours to save them."

Arturis stopped, "Oh dear Gods!! My ship!" She looked to where her baby Full Starbuster had punctured the flesh of her baby, Starbound Destiny. She ran over to it and put it away. "Dear lord! Why did I do that?! I mean, to save Ottoman, but...Why!? My ship!" She stared at the gash for a second more, before looking away as if the mark disgraced her. "I want some food now...." Siegfried carefully, draped an arm around her, "I do too."

"We should probably go and see if it's still there. You know Olin went down ahead of us, right?"

"Huh?....Oh, shit!!"

Otto found Olin already piling lots of food on his plate. Otto tilted his head. "Uh-uh, you have a food deduction." He crossed his arms. "You eat that much right now, you won't eat later." Olin's hands dropped to the table. "Why do I have a food deduction? I apologized." Otto jeered at him. "Yeah, good for you. Do you want a medal?" He walked to the table and began to make plates for Siegfried and Arturia. "Why didn't you save yourself?"

Otto paused, "What do you mean?" Olin shrugged. "With your magical abilities, I assumed you'd save yourself." He trailed off. "...until the last minute." Otto looked back to the food he was fixing. And shrugged. "Yeah, I should have." Olin tilted his head. "And you didn't? Why?" Otto was about to answer, Siegfried burst into the room. "Hold it right there!" He exclaimed.

Otto turned, and held out the plates for both him and Arturia. "Haven't known you long enough, but I knew you were hungry." He left the earlier conversation at that.

Arturia could hardly hold the laugh that left her lips at Siegfried's face, "Poor guy....Thank you, Ottoman." She bowed to him and took a seat, across from Olin at the table, "What are you looking so glum for?" Siegfried sighed, taking the left seat at the table, "Coming in here, trying to eat all of my food....pssht." Arturia shook her head, "......" She looked between her food and the man on the other side of the table. "Thank you for.....saving Ottoman, Olin." She continued to eat, leaving her gratitude at that. It was bad enough that Siegfried was now looking at her with the widest cat-like grin. "What exactly happened while I was sitting in here?" He asked, the haughtiest tone to his voice.

"I decided to bust your skull with the table. That's what happened." She growled glaring at Siegfried, who was much to ridiculous at the moment to even realize she meant her threat. "Aww, you're so adorable when you're shy, Arturia~!" She glared at him, nearly allowing her anger to boil over. But she thought of a better idea. Arturia took Siegfried's plate, pouring it onto her own. "Thanks." she said with a smirk. Siegfried protested loudly, but Arturia was too busy eating his food to care. She looked up from her food just a bit, and somehow managed to catch Olin looking at her. He seemed to be mouthing something, Arturia managed to see "Your Welcome." at the very least. Then he went back to eating as well. She looked back to her own food.

"Dear gods, I'm in so much trouble...."

Otto smiled. At least everything was (somewhat) normal. No one was trying to kill each other at least. He sat down next to Olin, and made a plate for himself. Surely this would be normal until tomorrow. How ever would he explain to Arturia that Olin would be staying with them? He shrugged, honestly, he didn't know that for sure. But it seemed that way. He looked over to Olin, who was just eating. Just exactly why did he want to be here?

Was he a spy for Agos? Otto's eyebrows knit. Hopefully, that wasn't the case. He'd saved him after all, why would he do that just to kill him later? Otto slowly began to eat his own food looking down to his plate. When he looked back up, he saw Olin smiling at him. With his usual fox grin. Otto looked at him in confusion. Did he mean to switch back and forth like this? This time, Otto smiled back. Until the moment that Oblivion was at his neck, he would believe Olin was good.

Arturia couldn't really think of anything else but the food in front of her. Be it because of present company, or because she was trying her hardest to get Siegfried to stop eating her food. She didn't really want to look up anyway. She finished the food she so graciously stole from Siegfried, then stood up again. "Do you need help putting away the dishes or cleaning up the kitchen, Ottoman?" She nodded her head in the direction of Otto so that he knew she was actually addressing him out of pure curiosity, and not just the want to get away from everyone.

"In fact, I'll take care of cleaning the kitchen when everyone finishes eating." Siegfried stood up, "That's great!" he pouted, sending a playful glare in Arturia's direction, "You had to make up for stealing my food anyway!" Arturia feigned hurt, "Stealing? Why, Siegfried....." She laughed as her elder brushed off her wry comment, and exited the kitchen, calling out behind him, "Then this floor better be spotless, Arturia! You hear?" Arturia waved her hand dismissively, turning to put her own plate in the sink. "What about you two?"

Otto immediately looked for Olin's response. Regardless of hi promise to be careful around Arturia, Otto knew that the giant wouldn't keep to his word. Surprisingly, Olin stood. "I think Octavius and I will leave you to your chores." He looked to Otto. Otto was a little shocked, he hadn't expected that Olin would leave. He cautiously stood and began to walk to the door. "Yeah..." He gave Arturia a small wave, and then walked into the hallway. He stopped to wait for Olin.

He watched the elder trail out, with a smile on his face. Did he have a conversation with Arturia? Did he say anything he shouldn't have? Otto opened his mouth to speak, but Olin quickly stopped him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Octavius, is there something you need to know?" Otto's eyebrows knit. He looked up to Olin, the fox grin once again covering his face. He began to lead Otto down the hall. "Walk and talk with me."

Status
Not open for further replies.