Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Starbound Destiny, Ottoman, you would do well to remember it. " she smiled, it was more of a dangerous smile, but she hadn't meant any danger by it. Though she was rather annoyed by her "partner" of late. "So, while this journey will still be horrible and long, especially since we're waltzing around in secret tech........you bruise horribly easy, don't you Ottoman?" She wanted to know. He was a liability if she didn't know his capabilities, and she wanted to know what qualified him for this trip nonetheless.

Arturia was well aware of how harsh she sounded, but she could no longer afford to be nice. This mission could end with their lives. She'd rather that it ended later than sooner.

"Anyone would get bruised if you hit them in their eyes." He snapped at her. Honestly, she thought she was so much better than him. "And you. How do I know you won't leave me to die?" He asked, folding his arms. He didn't wait for her to answer. Even if she did try, he's better at magic then he looks. He wouldn't be so easily over come. He sighed, he was beginning to do that a lot lately. He looked back over to his partner's expression.

"How do I know you don't bruise easily? I did meet you in a bar, getting drunk." He added, looking away once again.

"And that's all I was doing.....when you get to be my age, you go to drinks to get you through. It doesn't let you bruise, if anything, it makes you harder to hurt." she growled, looking around the otherwise I'm not proud of it either, but better that we get all of this off of our chests now....less confrontation later. She sighed, resting on one of the small seats in the cabin. "You don't know it yet, but I"m a better warrior than the drunk you saw in the bar...."

Arturia suppressed the feeling of emptiness and happiness......she needed to drive this vessel out of Lazulis. "There's a map out on the deck outside, Ottoman. Go get it for me. We have to reach Heloa soon." She sighed, waiting for her order, though in all honesty she could've have said it nicely..... Ah no~.....Arturia clenched her forehead. Her impending hangover had kicked in. She sighed irritably, "Go get the map, Ottoman, then you take over. I'll lay down and tell you where to go."

Otto stood and walked out of the room. Doesn't she know that when you drink you're more susceptible to injuries? And she didn't answer my question! He stormed through the elegant hallway of the Starbound Destiny, which honestly made it look like a very over glorified cruiser. He let those thoughts storm aorund in his head as he walked. And how am I supposed to trust her if she's willing to let me die? He knew that she never said that, but she didn't really answer his questions either. He bit his lip. Uncle, this may be more difficult than he thought...

All his previous thoughts disappeared when he entered onto the sky deck. It was huge, obviously, and gorgeous. He almost forgot why he was out there. And why he was on the ship. It made him feel quite small, which made him wonder how he would find the map. Then, the idea came to him. He could use a finding spell. He just needed to picture the map. "Seek!" And, quickly as that, he found it.

I need to come back out here later, maybe when we reach Heloa. He walked back inside to the bridge, Only to find Arturia sleeping on a chair.

Arturia had her eyes closed, contemplating another drink, she must've have dozed off at least four times. She didn't want to sleep she wanted to lay down. But, the two were closely related for some reason. She let out a raggedy breathe, "I.....need to....drink some-....some water." she decided, whispering her thoughts to herself so that her head would hurt less. But she had almost forgotten something, "Dammit!! Ottoman~! Did you find the map? We need, ah~.....To get to Heloa!" she yelled, she didn't want to, but she had no idea where on the Starbound Destiny Otto was.

Arturia sighed, eye closed, "Everthing will turn out okay......finding this prince, everything......they...can't......possibly remember me from last time...." she muttered dozing off again, unaware of Otto in the room at all.

Otto stared down at his partner, whom he had thought was sleep. But when he heard her say something about a drink, he knew she was fine. Perhaps in a terrible stage of a hangover. Was there a spell he could use for that? He looked over to the steering wheel, and then back to Arturia. "Hey, are you ok?" He asked blankly. Maybe he should've put more emotion into his words, but right now, he thought she deserved it. Someone as young as her shouldn't drink, yet she does.

He thought about what to do. When do hangovers end? He rolled up the map into his hands. Raising it over his head, he added. "I'm not old enough to drive an airship." He slammed the piece of paper onto her head.

She snarled angrily, "What in the hell is wrong with you?!" glaring up at Otto through the paper on her face. "I was taking a nap, you heartless idiot!" She sat up, taking a curt breathe. "Your just rude, you know that." she wasn't angry, just annoyed, and had desperately long for that nap. They probably wouldn't get a sound sleep for a while now. She shrugged it off, leaning her head back down onto whatever it was that she had rested her head on. She sighed sitting up, "What was that even for, Ottoman?" she said, her annoyance building alongside her subsiding hangover.

Some people are just freaking weird..... she thought sadly, getting up to head for the steering wheel, map in hand. "Let's see what's going on here....Ah....heading for the seaside town of ....Xerxes.....great." She sighed as she took hold of the wheel, "Not nice to be hitting ladies, Ottoman..." she muttered under her breathe as she plotted their course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto scoffed as he sat back down. "I can't even consider you that..."He said, looking ahead to the scenery in front of him. Xerxes...huh? Then his eyes widened in realization. Why were hey heading to Xerxes? What was the last place this ship went to? He stood, as an even greater realization hit him. He walked briskly over to Arturia, and tugged on her arm. "Arturia." He said sternly. "I need to see the map."

She handed it over, and Otto looked all over the map. Luckily, the town of Xerxes had little security, and had a vast market place. Otto sighed, then looked in his pack. He, as usual, had enough money. He put the map down beside the wheel, and walked away.

Arturia stared out the front window of the vessel. She had taken the wheel, even though the ship practically drove itself, to make sure that they stayed on course. She was bored, and tired of sleeping as well. Arturia looked around the room for something to due, or something to say to the other passenger on this vessel. But as she looked over at Otto, she couldn't really think of anything to ask or say him. After what felt like an eternity of silence, and tension, Arturia finally thought of the perfect question.

But how to word it? She'd come off as pushy the entire time, and now that alcohol had finally left her system, she could apologize for earlier behavior.....but why? She meant most of what she said, and didn't feel the need to make friends in the first place. She, in the very least could find out more about the boy to be useful later....... No, there was no point in conspiring or plotting, she just wanted to ask a question. Why is it that she overthought the simplest of actions? Turning her whole body towards Otto, she sputtered out, "W-what are we looking for?....I-in Xerxes, that is. No! What I meant was-.... What are y-you looking for in Xerxes?"

Otto raised an eyebrow, and glanced over at his partner. Had her demeanor changed? He looked back towards the scenery ahead of him. "Supplies. Regardless of if we find the prince quickly or not, we're gonna need food." He gestured to the pristine yet empty area on the bridge. "Water? The necessities. We can't just go blindly into enemy territory without any supplies. We'll be killed instantly."

He turned around towards the door and began to walk for it. "I'll check what we may or may not already have in supply." He called over his shoulder. He didn't wait for a reply, before disappearing to look for any equipment or supplies they may have. He needed to escape the area anyway, Arturia's new demeanor gave him the feeling she wasn't used to the calm before the storm. Just what had happened to her to make her that way? He shook his head, that was none of his business.

All he had to worry about was the mission at hand. And...maybe, something else...

Arturia snorted, Try to be considerate..... First that boy had wanted her to be less of a pig, and now he was even more scared. Arturia had never been more annoyed than at that moment. She hated the thought of trying and being rejected, like what the hell? Nevermind, she didn't need to try, she was better off not trying. She nodded, more to herself than anything else. Arturia watched the clouds that passed overhead from her vantage point in the window. The sky was nearly pitch-black, filled with blinking stars, yet in the vessel it seemed almost morning. The boy hadn't gotten that much sleep either, she realized. Maybe he was just delirious from lack of sleep. Would explain his cockiness as well.

Arturia hated the silence more than ever, and it did nothing to calm her nerves, she felt like she wasn't alone. It made her skin crawl, was someone going to jump her? Was Otto alright?.......She was itching all over, and knew that if she checked she would find nothing to ease her growing suspicions. She sighed, every muscle in her body flexing to fend off the growing tension that built up there. In frustration, she threw her hands up in the air, "That's it!! I need to hit something!" she left the bridge to find a suitable target. If that Ottoman isn't careful, he'll end up on the business end of my blade too.....

Otto had seen that there were several room in the Starbound Destiny. Almost as if the ship were meant for more than they were allowing it to. He walked up and down numerous hallways, and found several rooms that could be useful while they stayed on the ship. For instance, he had found a training room, and a kitchen. Inside of the training room, no real weapons. Lots of blunt objects, and a nice obstacle course. He just nodded. That sort of thing would be useful for his partner. Better than alcohol, of course.

In the kitchen, he found that there was little to nothing. He sighed deeply. He didn't want to spend more money than he had to, but now he felt that he had no choice anymore. He searched through the cabinets, only to find a small amount of food. Definitely not enough for their mission. He was glad that he had asked (sorta) to stop in Xerxes. Otherwise, they'd both be dead before they found the prince. "Heh..." He chuckled to himself. Who said they wouldn't die either way?

*Crash!*

Otto jumped. Hopefully, he had just pretended he made that sound. He hadn't slept in a while, after all. He must have been hallucinating. He walked out of the kitchen, hesitantly. Even if he wasn't hallucinating, who else would be o this ship?

Arturia could've sworn that she had heard a noise far away, but really hoped that it had come from outside of the Starbound Destiny. She sighed, never taking her eyes off of the ground in front of her. She didn't know, nor want to know, if there was someone or something else out in the bowels of the vessel. She groaned, wiping her eyes with one of her hands. She would get nowhere trying to spook herself out. I need to calm my nerves..... she decided.

Arturia found herself in a large, long, and very empty pristine hallway. She looked around, trying to find evidence of some room that could help her out with her destination. Arturia felt her hand ease back towards her weapon, which stayed strapped to the back of her hip. She quickly pulled the weapon in front of her in a forward slash. Hearing the wind brought forth by the blade whistle. She began to strike and slash and stab repeatedly at the air.....until the motions were robotic, precise, and perfect. She slid to her feet, the exhaustion from swinging around her blade bringing forth unnecessary fatigue. "Maybe...maybe, training wasn't t-the best thing,,,to do..." she muttered, close her eyes to fight off the strain she felt.

*Crash!!*

Arturia's eyes snapped open. She looked around quickly, trying to hear whatever had made a noise. It had been far off, probably just Otto. But....She had to at least make sure he was okay, even if he felt that he didn't need her help.

Otto continued to walk, regardless of what he knew was someone stalking behind him. He didn't want to turn around. He didn't want to acknowledge that there may be someone behind him, waiting to attack him. But who could it be? Spies from Agos? He shook his head, now he was just being ridiculous. He looked around the area, how big was this ship anyway? He stopped walking in the middle of the hallway, closing his eyes tightly and kneeling down to the ground.

Calm down, Octavius. You're tired, you're delusional. He reasoned with himself. Surely, he had to be? The only two people on the ship, that should have been on the ship, should be himself and Arturia. And, unless Sari had stowed away on the ship, there should have been no one else. So why did he have this terrible feeling?

*Crash!*

He jumped. And involuntarily, cast a spell. He didn't know why, it was a defense tactic: Attack first, ask later. "Fire!" He yelled out, setting his area ablaze.

The crash from around sixty feet away from her current location was nothing if not unsettling. Arturia could hopefully make out the voice of the Ottoman. The little shit was casting on the ship! If this ship suffered damages, she would have to answer to Lovi, and he would probably beat her to death. Arturia growled, though she rushed through the hallways like she had seen her mother on fire. Arturia cursed, the smell of fire had quickly filled her nostrils, If that little-.....He better be dead. Arturia felt her grip on the sword in her hands tighten.

There was lots of smoke, Arturia prayed to Fjorn that is was just a result of casting and not of anything on the ship being burned. Maybe she shouldn't have promised. Her journey would be long and arduous, and she couldn't look out for the ship all the time. She touched a hand to the metal of the nearest wall, it was warm. Either the boy had missed his target, or he wanted to see if the ship was fireproof. Both were good reasons to destroy him. Arturia could see the back of her partner from where she stood.

"You better have a death wish, you maggot!" she snorted, walking up slowly, her sword ready to show Otto the other side of the Doors of Death.

Otto took a deep breath, looking around the area. Whoever was there, if they even were there, they were gone now. He looked at the burnt marks all around him. Thank the Gods the ship was unharmed. Why in the hell did he make the spell so powerful? He looked around urgently when he heard his partner's voice. He saw her run in, looking even more tired than before. Had she been training?

He opened his mouth to speak, but found no words coming out. What was he going to say? That he had been paranoid and thought he heard something? She would cut out his tongue and slice his throat. He looked around the area. At least nothing was severely damaged. That is, until he heard something behind him.

"Oww~" A voice groaned out through the smoke. "You could have warned me..." Otto's eyes widened. Someone was in the ship after all? Both Otto and Arturia had just stared as someone stood in the smoke.

Gods someone was in the ship. Inside of it! Arturia's heart began to beat louder than thunder. She wanted to move, react, anything right now. Push away the chump and finish off the intruder, before something terrible happened. She pulled her sword to the ready so that she could both kill the intruder and smack Otto with the hilt. Just because there was an intruder,it didn't mean that he got off the hook for burning the ship. It would take decades to clean these stains....... She growled, "Who goes there." Her voice had become cold, hard, and impartial. The voice she used when she talked to scumbags and dirt.

The person that came out of the smoke was tall, lanky in stature, didn't seem very threatening at all. She noticed as well that he also wore a fur around his neck like a trophy.....a very familiar one. ARturia gasped loudly, she knew who this was. She shook her head angrily, hoping and praying that if she shook her head enough, maybe he would disappear. With no such luck, Arturia could still see the man with olive eyes like a panda and hair like an oily mess that ended in slight curls. "Siegfried....." she muttered breathlessly, most probably earning a look from her partner. She knew the trapper's distinct furs anywhere.

Otto stood with a distinct look of confusion on his face. What was going on? The air had seemed to change into a heavy, dense air. One that meant that theses two probably knew each other from a prior arrangement. Otto wanted to groan, how was it that bits and pieces of Arturia's past kept creeping into the mission? He dropped his defensive pose, in exchange for one that was a lot more careless.

"I'm supposing that you know each other?" He asked, not caring if the exhaustion showed true into his voice. They needed to get a move on with their mission. And a whole country was at stake. No joker in animal skin should get in the way of that! Otto tilted his head to one side. "Please, just cut me some slack and give me the short version." He drawled, ending in a yawn. He turned away from the taller male, and walked in the direction that his partner had come. He was becoming very tired.

Arturia sent him a glare. "Well, if you had more friends, maybe then we'd be tired of hearing your history with them. Besides, "she sent a glare in the Trapper's direction, "Nothing to talk about here other than a wimp." Arturia shrugged, tapping her blade against the ground. She took a step towards the man called Siegfried, "WE can consider him a spy for Agos. Light him up, you inconsiderate magic bastard. I'll skewer him through afterwards. I've been wanting practice."

Siegfried, apparently awakened to his situation began, to of course beg for his life. "Whoa, hey...wait a minute....Hehe heh- wait, aren't you.... Umm~...something Felas. ...Arturia! Hey, it's been a while, how are you?" Arturia could not hide the glare she was giving him. "You know what? I'm just going to kill him now. Ottoman, go and make sure the ship stays on course. Now."

"How do you think pops would feel if you killed a guy on his ship?" Otto yelled over his shoulder. He continued on his path towards the bridge. "I thought he didn't like the whole blood and gore stuff, yeah?" He waited for a response from his partner, but then decided that he knew she wouldn't kill him. He heard footsteps behind him to prove his point.

Once he reached the bridge, he took the wheel. They were still on course to Xerxes, thankfully. He turned around to see the others walking behind him. "We're still on course, Arturia." He muttered, rubbing his temple. "And you," He directed his voice to Siegfried. "Who are you and how did you get on this ship?" He inquired. The taller man crossed his arms uncomfortably. "I just took a nap...I-uh...remember going to take a nap after goig on a mission. Next thing I know, the ship's moving and we're nowhere near Lazulis City."

Otto's eyebrows knitted. "You were sleep? For how long?"

Status
Not open for further replies.