Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If I'm right, about a week. That correct, Siegfried?" Arturia held a set glower on her face. Siegfried had run after the boy when he saw her eyeing her sword. The lanky man responded, "Umm...right, right? Since our last mission. So, how have you been Miss Arturia? Who's the kid?" Arturia brushed past him, "None of your concern, monster. Do not make the mistake of thinking that we are friends. And do not worry, I'm letting you off the ship right now, regardless of if we've stopped or not." She leaned against the wall, and with quick movement, whipped her sword up to Siegfried's throat.

"Be a good boy and shut the hell up. Wouldn't want the blood of your body on this kid or on this ship." Siegfried surrendered, hands above his head. "If...If I may interject," he turned to Otto, much to Arturia's distaste, "I am Siegfried von Holte. I'm an Animal fur Trapper, and.....er, friend? To Miss Arturia here." Arturia laughed, shortly, "Lies. You are no ones Friend, monster. Now shut up." She stared at the floor, but the point of the blade had gotten closer to piercing Siegfried's Adam's apple.

"Did I not just say that pops wouldn't like it if you killed someone on his ship?" He turned to the pair. "And I could care less if he was your friend or not, but you can't let him off in the middle of nowhere, because we're passing the mountain range now. You might as well just let him stay until we stop at Xerxes." His gaze redirected to Siegfried. "And it's nice to meet you, my name is Octavius Risas. I'm a mage." Siegfried nodded best as he could.

Otto sighed. They were passing the mountains now, and the scenery looked just wonderful. But when he looked back, he began to seriously question his partner's ability to function with other people. He walked over to a seat and lied down. "I'm going to try and shut my eyes." He pointed to his partner. "Arturia, you need to keep an eye on him." Then he lazily pointed to the bridge door. "And there's a training room down the hall and the fifth door on the right. You could both either train there, or stay in here." He turned his head to the wall. "Honestly I don''t care."

So this place did have a training room......Arturia nodded as her partner became silent. Out like a light. "I don't want you here, And mountain range or no. If you don't give me a good reason in the next five seconds, I'm throwing you out the window." Siegfried nodded, "May I speak?" Arturia grunted, releasing her tight grip on her sword, and swinging it back down to her side. "Go." Siegfried, "Well, after we caught that monster, I took it back to my bosses, who took it, and I got really tired, so I went back to the shop where that old man-"
"His name is Lovino Frances."
"Right, where Mr. Frances worked and ended up falling asleep in the first ship I saw after I couldn't find him."

Arturia stared at him, "Tell me, are you the reason the ship is devout of food?" Siegfried didn't answer right away, Arturia began to go for her sword again, "Yes!! I got hungry, there was food, what'd you expect?" Arturia growled, "How much money do you have on pocket, Siegfried?" The man's eyes widened in horror, "Hey, wait a second. Please, Miss Arturia-"
"How much?"
"......little over 700 mon." ARturia clicked her tongue, "Nice pocket. Congratulations, those harassment charges have finally disappeared from your record." She stood up, "As has all the mon in your pocket. Hand it over." she held out her hand calmly. Siegfried tried pleading again, "C'mon Miss Arturia I didn't know how young you were then-"
"I'm letting you make up for it. This pays for all your sexual harassment and for your stay aboard the Starbound Destiny. Good doing business with you."

Otto wished he could go to sleep faster than most people. Even though he was extremely tired, he couldn't go to sleep. He tried really hard to, he did, but the conversation going on on the other half of the room kept him awake. Sexual harassment? This guy was beginning to sound like more trouble than he was initially worth. And why would Miss Arturia take his money? Otto was the one who wanted to pay for the supplies, not this guy. If he payed for the food, where would he go when they dropped him off?

He closed his eyes tightly. Maybe if he forced himself to sleep, he would. But, he couldn't just let his partner harass this man, even if he did the same to her. Otto groaned lowly, and sat up. Turning to Arturia, he tilted his head sideways. "What the hell, Arturia?" He stood, and dusted himself off. Guess he wouldn't sleep during this mission either. He was going to crash soon. He looked over to Siegfried. "How much did she get from you, 700 mon?" He walked over to the tall man.

"I-uh...yeah..." Siegfried stammered, looking back and forth from Otto to Arturia. Otto stood in front of Siegfried, regardless of the height difference and fished out his wallet. "Here." He said, handing him a bundle of cash. Siegfried's eyes seemed to widen and bulge out of his head. "H-How much is this?" He asked, staring at the mon in his hand. Otto raised an eyebrow. "Hmm? I don't know..." He slurred, "1000 mon?" He shrugged, and walked to the bridge door. "I'm going to sleep." He said, "wake me up when we get to Xerxes."

Arturia got up, "Stay with the kid." she ordered to Siegfried, the familiar growl had risen in her throat. She half-stomped, half-marched out of the room. Forcing the door shut with a loud slam. She tried to keep her growling to a minimum, but the longer she marched, the more angered she felt. She finally found the training room, and immediately went to work. Arturia did not care what she hit, how she hit it.....she just kept on hitting.

He wants to stay out of my business......? she thought, barraging a poor defenseless dummy,...Oh, but he gives the monster money. Ha....fucking idiot. She continued hitting and slashing the dummies until they were nothing but a battered mess, tattered pieces on the ground. The noise that was made as she attacked wasn't even getting to her. She just wanted to get all of her anger out of the way. She couldn't blow up at her partner, not lil she wanted to. And he was probably back in the bridge, being fed lies by the animal killer. Why shouldn't he believe him? How many times would a punk like that get out anyway? HE doesn't know nor need to know why she was angry. He just had to be happy she didn't take it out on him.

"I call upon the forces of this land, and the other....bring to me my weapon....." she summoned the only weapon she wanted to use. Given to her by her own methods: Full Starbuster. She continued to slash as the strikes became more powerful and even louder. He can do whatever the hell he wants.

Otto wanted to burn Arturia to a crisp right about now. Why? Why, when he specifically asked to be left until they reached Xerxes, when he wanted to go to sleep so badly, did she tell Siegfried to follow him? Could he not be left alone? He groaned loudly, and stayed in the bridge. There was no way he was going to a bedroom with a accused Sexual harasser. He looked out of the window on the bridge.

Siegfried stayed in place, and then looked towards Otto. "I thought you were going to sleep." He said, still holding his new gained mon. Otto rubbed his forehead. "I was...but I'm not now." He sighed, putting his head in his hands. Siegfried walked over to Otto and sat beside him. "Thanks. I'm sure Miss Arturia would've killed me, if you wouldn't have helped." Otto grunted in response. "Yeah..." Otto kept his face in his hands, but that didn't mean he wasn't prepared to kick this guys ass if need be. Siegfried seemed to keep silence. "So, you guys have a mission together?" He sat back o the couch. "I feel sorry for you. She's got a temper.

Otto scoffed. "Really? She does now?" He heard a chuckle through his hands. "Yeah, I guess you've noticed." Otto gave a small smile. He looked up, and turned to see Siegfried relaxing on the couch beside him. "So, what's your mission?" Otto raised an eyebrow. "...Retrieval." Otto's eyes narrowed and he glared at the other. "Why?" Siegfried just kept his eyes closed. "It wouldn't matter to you, since you're not coming with us."

Siegfried chuckled, "Well, who knows when you may need a trapper?"

Arturia released her summoned Full Starbuster, and began to walk back to the bridge. After her little stress release spar, she walked as she would have many days ago, had she not been assigned to mission after mission. "Maybe I just.....need another drink?" she was poised, her steps were light and fast, long strides. Not the stomping, marching she had been doing earlier. Arturia made it to the door of the bridge when she could hear laughing. They were laughing. She hesitated, almost barely touching the door with her hand. No, she was already getting riled up standing there. She would not see them until they reached Xerxes. Maybe she would go exploring.....

Arturia, with new goal in mind, turned on her feet to walk around the vastness of the Starbound Destiny. She chuckled softly, Funny, The Starbound Destiny, Full Starbuster......Stars are a completely relevant subject in my life..... Arturia placed one hand alongside the wall and began her stroll. Certainly nothing but dark skies ahead......especially with the way this mission is turning out. She couldn't help but think that they were swapping stories about her, talking about her attitude.....about her temper, about her methods.... Things people always talk about. Arturia suddenly slunk next to the wall, legs curled up against her chest. This place reminds me of home..... so shiny and empty........ So huge! She smiled slightly, putting her head on her knees. This is going to be the longest trip of my life....

She looked around, immediately jumping up, They can talk about whatever they want. I'm not affected by their little talks. She nodded, resuming her little side quest, often stopping to sit down and think. Not about the guys, up their spouting lies, but about the sheer vastness of the vessel. She needed to find......some place that she could sit and disappear when she needed to. Just like at her house, a place where no one could find her.

Or maybe she could just pick one of the dozens of rooms in the vessel and make it her own.

Otto felt a presence at the door, but then it left. Must have been Arturia...He stood to his feet. "What's wrong?" Siegfried asked, sitting up. "Nothing." He said, walking over to the steering wheel. "I think we're closer to Xerxes now." Otto glanced over to the door. He wondered why Arturia didn't want to come in and sit with them. Because of her old partner? He huffed. This mission is already going to Hell.

He saw houses pass by through the window, they were entering Xerxes. "Hey." He turned to Siegfried. "Can you steer this ship to the harbor market?" He asked, walking over to the door. Siegfried stood to his feet. "Me?" Otto nodded. "Yep, you need to take this ship to the harbor. I'm going to go get Arturia." Siegfried stared, "Wait, what?" Otto just continued to the door, watching it slide open as he approached it. "You have to do what I said, "Otto said sharply, "I paid you, you owe me." He said, disappearing into the hallway, leaving Siegfried by himself.

Not knowing what else to do, he steered the ship.

She was taking another sitting break, in what felt like the southern most hallway of the Starbound Destiny. She smiled, the cool air flowing in from the ventilation around her. Arturia's eyes snapped to attention, her hand quickly going to her satchel around her waist. She pulled out......a pencil, and a small piece of paper. Arturia looked around, then without hesitation, she drew what she could smell. Rough mountain cliffs, rushing water, some sort of bridge, most likely. The vessel, built for sky was grounded, they couldn't be flying above it. Or were they? Had Otto heard Lovi's warning?

He probably knew they shouldn't be flying around yet. It was going to be fine. Arturia looked at her drawing. The scenery was perfect, as usual, and she had sort of messed up on the water, but it was getting there. Letting out a content breath, she got up to continue her walk. Arturia put away her satchel, put away her pencil, she didn't need anyone knowing she could draw. She hated the fact very much herself. But she liked to draw scenery. She had thought about drawing the interior of the Starbound Destiny, but hadn't really gotten into the feel of drawing such metallic, lifeless surroundings. Maybe if there was a beautiful in wall aquarium....? After I get paid for this mission, I'll see if Lovi could let me buy the vessel.....yeah that'll-

Someone was calling her name. She growled immediately, it was the boy, Otto. She didn't want to see him, but running away seemed just, if not mores, cowardly. She stood straight and tall, "What do you want?" she called out, letting her voice echo off the walls.

Otto was surprised in how easy and quick he found his partner. His searching magic was better than he originally thought. "We're reaching the harbor. I let your pal take the wheel, so we need to get going." He called, no way was he going to continue walking in these halls. Who knows how many other 'friends' of Arturia could be lurking in the shadows. He made his way back to the bridge, not wondering if Arturia to follow.

He didn't really care if she did. He just wanted her to know that they were near the port. It's not like he wanted her to come with him into the harbor. Besides, with the way she was wanting Siegfried to go, he thought that she would want to send him off herself. Maybe if she did that, she would finally become pleasant. He groan loudly as he walked down the hall.

Arturia glared after Otto's retreating frame. She was clenching a piece of paper so hard in her hand that it tore and crumpled. She let it drop, following the boy to the bridge. Arturia overtook Otto, running sat hi to get to the bridge first. She found her way back to the bridge, Siegfried was sitting there hands on the wheel, looking perfectly content with himself. "No. Get away from the wheel." she spoke harshly, making the trapper back up abruptly. Siegfried glared at her, but his face relaxed somewhat, "Not hurting anyone by driving around, Miss Arturia." She rolled her eyes, sitting down behind him. "Move, you're blocking my view." Siegfried, snorted, not really in anger, but like a sort of show-off.

"You think you'll be needing a Trapper on this Retrieval mission of yours?" Arturia looked at him like he was the devil, standing before her in human form, "You-....Who told you I was on a retrieval mission?!" Siegfried, sensing that he had accidentally backed himself up into a corner tried to calm Arturia down, "Your little partner told me. Look, if I wasn't supposed to know-" Arturia stood up, "No, you weren't. Listen to me you idiot, you are going to swallow your tongue, I don't need you, and if you don't leave when we get to port, you'll leave in a casket!!" The door chose to open somewhat at that exact second. "What the hell, Ottoman?!"

Otto stared blankly at the pair in front of him. "Why is it every time that I come in here..." He said, making his way over to the wheel. "...You're always looking scared to death." He said, pointing to Siegfried. "And you, "He pointed to Arturia, "You're always yelling at someone." He frowned. "My gods, just say what you have to fucking say. That way this mission won't go any easier if every ten minutes you're yelling at somebody." He said, then looked back to Siegfried. "Have we gotten to the harbor?" He asked.

Siegfried had shook his head. "Not just yet..." Otto nodded. "Okay, and speaking of saying what we need to say." He looked back to Arturia. "You're staying on the ship. Only I'm going to go get supplies." He realized that this was a bold statement, and that Arturia was being very volatile, so he could be treading on thin ice. He walked over to the main door, that led to the deck. "You need to stay here."

"And why pray tell do I have to stay here?" she sneered, he had seriously taken the monster's side over her own. Maybe she was yelling, maybe she needed to yell, "Is it so I don't embarrass you, Octavius?" It wasn't her yelling that should concern him. When she wasn't yelling, that was what should worry him. "Last I checked, this was just as much my mission as it was yours. And I refuse to stay behind, when there are things to be done concerning this mission." She turned to Siegfried, "How it is you get everyone on your side, I will never understand." She walked out of the bridge. "Do not touch anything, monster."

Arturia was being benched, he thought that he could bench her! Amazing what boys think will make a woman roll over. He can talk as big as he wants. She would not be stopped from touching the Harbor. She shook her head, those two are going to make her pop an artery. She turned, trying more and more to calm down. "What reason does he even have to try......to try and keep me here. OH, I would love to see him just try it!" She tried breathing, walking aimlessly around the hallways. She would not be kept from going to the harbor. Anything he wanted to keep from her, he would have to get over. Any secrets that could hinder her mission were fair game in the world of.....intervention. Divine or otherwise.

What the hell was she talking about? On his side? Why, when Otto wanted to make sure that no one died, he was on somebody's side? Just how paranoid was this woman? He took a deep breath. "It's best you leave this ship and try to get as far as you possibly can." He said, as he began to open the doors leading to the harbor. Siegfried gave a dry chuckle. "Yeah, sorry you have to deal with that." He said, his face an exact mirror of his emotions: Sympathetic. Otto sighed again. He was going to die from sleep deprivation, especially with this partner. Do it for him, Octavius... "Yeah, but it's my mission too." He stared at the doors.

There was no way he was going to allow his volatile partner to roam the poor harbor. "Step outside please." Siegfried did as he asked. For a sexual harasser, he was very polite and cooperative. Maybe it was a part of his ruse. Otto also stepped outside of the ship, to see something he hadn't seen in at least 12-24 hours. The outside world. Taking a deep breath, he chanted. "Protect thy holy area, preventing demons and danger from going in or out." An invisible area covered the door leading to the harbor. Sure it wouldn't stop her for long, but it would stop her.

Arturia sighed, she was going to leave, maybe it was just the ship's closed spaces that was getting to her. She paused in front of the door, maybe she should stay behind....get used to the ship..... No, she would not be left in a ship just because a pansy boy sides with a womanizer. She almost touched the door, and it burned. Arturia jerked her hand away. "Oww~!?" She looked the door over again, that boy...! He had cast on the door. To keep her inside. Did he seriously think that the way she acted towards pigs was the way she would act around the general populace!? Maybe she would have let it slide before, she needed time to calm down, sure.......but this......no way. She growled "I...call upon the Forces of this and the Netherworld....bring to me my weapon, Full Starbuster!!"

Arturia growled angrily, her sword in hand. Full Starbuster was nothing short of a Longsword Claymore mix, needing both Arturia's hands just to hold it. She struck the door, the backlash of the cast trying to push her away, sparks flew as the magic collided. Her hands seared from the pain of the spell breaking. She would need to buy a new door after this. Unfortunately. The door blasted off its hinges, flying somewhere in front of her. Arturia laughed somewhat, Full Starbuster in hand. "Using cheap magic and tricks to keep me aboard the ship...... Stupid move, Octavius, a very stupid move." She walked down off the ship as normal as any other person, approaching the first person to make eye contact with her.

"Excuse me, have you seen a somewhat young boy, light hair, light eyes as well? He was walking with a taller man...? Yes, he's sort of my cousin, and I wanted to make sure his first time in the big city was great......Oh he went down this way? Thank you sir, please some mon for your trouble." The man she spoke to asked her about the door, "That? Oh.....the door was jammed for some reason."

Otto didn't understand. He had made sure that the loose ends were tied, he was sure of it. But, in the end, he guesses it wasn't enough. He heard a loud sigh coming from up behind him. "What do we need to get now?" Siegfried asked. Otto bit his lip, he wasn't sure why the taller male hadn't left town now. And following him, what did he expect to get out of this? Otto looked over his shoulder. "We're going to get some potions. Then we're going to head back." Why didn't he tell him to go away?

Sure, he was asking Siegfried to hold his stuff, but that was only because the guy had been following him around! He felt someone tap on his shoulder. "Aren't you going to get beer?" Otto tilted his head. Beer? Did he know how old he was? "I'm not buying beer, I'm not old enough." Siegfried raised an eyebrow. "Then, let me buy it. I'm old enough." He stated, holding his hand out. Otto glared at him. "No, I don't need to have a drunk partner, she's bad enough already. What we need are potions." He began to walk faster. "Besides, shouldn't you be going?" Looking over his shoulder again, he asked. "You don't expect any money out of this, do you?"

Siegfried laughed awkwardly. So that was what he wanted. Well, he's not going to get it. "I'm not paying you anymore than I already have. You might as well just go ahead and leave." He said bluntly, leaving Siegfried behind. To his dismay, the taller male began to catch up to him again. Just what did he want now?

Arturia sighed, it had taken a while to find anything that looked like the right direction, and though she was being nice about it, she didn't want anyone to think that she was a hinderance. She had stopped at what she hoped was a cafe or pub. She was desperately hungry. she growled, along with her stomach. "My search can wait......" Arturia felt bad, all her anger had left her, and now a door on the Starbound Destiny was obliterated. She sighed, it hadn't been her fault in the slightest. Otto had decided to test her when he blocked the door. And she had proven that she hated test. As well as the door, apparently.

Walking into the mysterious building, Arturia could see from the amount of children and drunkards that this was a family establishment. Arturia ordered a small nonalcoholic drink and some grub to go. The woman had laughed at little at Arturia when she came in though, "I gotta admit to you missy, I thought for sure you were a big bad knight woman!! Not some little girly in armor, and light armor at that!!" Arturia shrugged, "Yes.... Is my food ready yet?" She had felt uncomfortable they whole wait for her food, and just when she was about to sit down to eat. She remembered.

The Ship!

It had no door anymore, anyone could just waltz in. Arturia took her food out of the door quickly, happy that she had only walked two miles away from the ship and no further before realizing her mishap. Her heart raced the entire time she ran, until she could see the ship, in one piece. Arturia took seat in front of it, partaking in her meal. "I'll go after them right after I finish eating." she decided, "I'll have to give back these dishes I took too...."

Otto and Siegfried had all the supplies needed for Otto's mission. He was thankful for the other to stay near him and carry the supplies, but he still had a small feeling that he wanted something. Otto sighed internally. Maybe the headache and need to sleep would go away soon. So, he could operate properly enough to save Prince Aaron and go home. He reached the ship to find Arturia. Outside of the ship. Alongside her, far to the left, was the door of the ship.

She didn't care that pops really liked that ship. Why couldn't she have just stayed behind? Did she think he was trying to detain her? He growled, while Siegfried laughed. Otto punched him in the arm, walking ahead. "Help me put these away, then go away. You didn't need to be here." Siegfried rubbed his arm, "No, but its fun here..." He followed Otto carefully. He didn't need to be in Miss Arturia's wrath. Again.

Arturia had begun to drink her drink, which had actually been mistaken with a sweeter, colder and thicker drink, most likely for one of the children in the restaurant. She lifted her head slightly to see both Otto and Siegfried walking up to her. She might have been wearing a weird expression, because Siegfried called her out on it, "Geez, I just want to hang out where the action is. Why is everyone acting like I'm such a bad person." Arturia jumped up, irking her drink away from her mouth, "Because in the end, you are a bad person!! Why are you still here? Leave!" She felt herself growling again. Sometimes, it wasn't hard to believe she might've been more wild dog than girl.

Arturia took a deep sigh, "Ottoman, "she started, her voice quieter than she had ever managed since she'd enjoyed the company of these two last, "Why did you find it necessary to lock me up inside the ship? Thanks to your error in my judgement, the hatch to the Starbound Destiny is broken." She turned from him, slightly annoyed, "You will be the one to explain to Lovi why you felt it so imperative to try and use magic to lock the door. I will be explaining that you should have never done that." Arturia leaned to pick up her meal, "Truly, now that we have actually managed to make a short stop, Siegfried, go home before I castrate you. Ottoman, get on the ship. And if you even try to go against me again, you're waking up with no balls, boy. Regardless if they've dropped or not!"

Arturia walked into the ship, she stopped, mentally slapping herself, "Oh, and I'll fix the door right now!"

Otto turned to Siegfried, signaling him to put the supplies on the ship. He looked at the ship, head tilted. He called to his partner. "No, I will not be explaining anything to the old man, you will." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I feel no need to explain something you did, even though I told you not to do anything pops wouldn't like." He began a slow trek to Arturia. "And go against you? Please! You're no older than I am, and you're definitely incapable of giving orders. What, with your drinking and all. You're likely to get me killed." He turned back to Siegfried. "Follow me!", he barked, becoming angrier. How could he be put with such an insufferable person? Siegfried followed him without uttering a word.

He walked over to Arturia, "Let me remind you. No drunk, impulsive, annoying little girl will come up to me and pretend she is my leader. First, you will learn the world doesn't bend to you." He walked past her, to the bridge, calling over his shoulder. "And I cast a spell on the door because I had hoped you wouldn't tag along. I'm not a child you need to look after!" He yelled at the end, walking off onto the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.