Fighting the Losing Battle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex crossed her arms, "You're a human. Human's hurt and kill all supernaturals and as soon as you 'just so happen' to stumble into our base, we're attacked and our leader killed. You really want to play that off as a coincidence? And you are still alive aren't you?"

Rin sighed and her anger dissipated, "Alex. If he got mauled by a werewolf then we wouldn't get any answers so be kinder. Also I doubt his appearance is affecting what happened here. Out on my mission I discovered some things that bothered me. The humans aren't in the dark as much as we would like them to be about the resistance's movements." She then looked at the human, "Please do ignore her. She is in a very bad mood right now. After we sort this situation out we will have to see what we can do for your problem. As I do recall it involved our enemy so we do have to technically view this as important." The las phrase was aimed more at Alex than the human.

He mimics Alex's stance, standing and crossing his arms as well.
"On her logic, you're all not humans, so you're savages that kill and maim humans- innocent or not. I doubt my coming would have changed your leader's fate either way, there have been rumors going around that he was to bite the bullet a while ago."

He turns back to Alex, letting out a small cough.

"And you're still alive, aren't you? I'm betting you could have jumped in front of him had you the willpower."

Alex clenched her fists at her sides and was about to charge at the human to do something she'd later regret but was stopped by Rin's words. Gods, why did she always have to be so logical and the voice of reason? She took a deep breath and started walking in the direction the woman went with Evelyn. "Fine, whatever. Do whatever you want with that human, I'm going to go after the brat…" She called to them, not looking back. Those that wanted to go with her would catch up, she just knew she wouldn't be able to control her anger any more if she stayed.

The boy sighed, shaking his head and turning to Rin.
"There's a way to get past racial differences, I'm sure, but right now- I can see why we're killing each other."

Rin frowned as Alex walked away and she turned back to face the human, "And why, dear human, is that? Because all I see is why we need to end this and fix this whole bloody mess." The whole reason behind Rin joining the resistance was to put an end to this war and to save innocent lives. The humans wouldn't let them live in peace and that frustrated her a great deal. For this human to say that this fighting should just continue irked her.

He shrugged.
"Irreconcilable hostilities, we can fix this mess- correct. But there are more people that know violence than people that know diplomacy. I have seen people kill each other when talking differences aside was a viable option. Humans, Non-Humans, we're both races that enjoy bloodshed. Ask any member of the resistance- they will say humans deserve to be slaughtered. Ask any human, they will say that non-humans deserve nothing more than death. Either someone forces both sides to stop fighting, or one side has to be wiped out. "

He looked up at her surprised when she asked if he would come with her, he never really ever had anyone ask if he would go with them... His eyes were wide as he met her gaze and thought for a second. He realized something was bothering her, that something was making her uneasy. He nodded slightly and looked around again trying to figure out what was it was but then again, he didn't really want to find that out either. He heard a sound behind him and quickly run and hide behind her but it was only a squirrel jumping from branch to branch running away. He sighed a little.

Rin sighed, "Unfortunately, you do speak the truth. It has been so throughout all of history and shall most likely continue to be so. Such is the horrible nature of life." She looked up at the sky, "Very rarely has a third party interceded, but despite that I pray that someone does so that the innocent may be spared." She closed her eyes at that and then opened them before speaking to the others. "I will stay behind and guard the human. You all should follow Alex and find Evelyn."

~*~*~*~

Rachael saw him nod and spoke up, "Alright then. We have to keep moving then. I was on my way to a place nearby before I stopped here." She shook her unease off so that the boy could feel a little more comfortable and then started walking in the direction of the base. She turned back to look at him,"Come on."

The boy shrugged, sitting back down and suffering through another coughing fit.
"It's disheartening that I don't belong to either side any more- but I'm glad you're not skinning me already."

"O-ok." He said quickly following her, though she seemed a little more at ease than before he was still a little tense and followed her closely, this hole thing was strange, he really didn't know what was going on and the fact that their were people in this forest made him all the more nervous. What if she was being hunted and got hurt? or got him in trouble? This was very very nerve racking but never the less he didn't want to lose her either. She was the first person to talk to him since he first started living in the forest... he was happy to finally have someone to be around.

Jouc was getting frustrated with this kid, he half wished the boy would ask him if he thought every human should be killed... then again how didn't the kid realize anything? He asked for protection and they gave it to him, even after he was thought of as a traitor to both sides! This kid was naive at best. Then again, what Alex said could have misled him, she wasn't one for loving humans.

Rin shrugged, "I have to give people a chance, as long as they aren't trying to kill me or my friends that is. Can't go skinning them as soon as I meet them, now can I?" She glanced at him when he coughed, she hoped he wasn't injured badly. The way he was coughing was worrying her. If he died and was severely injured they could lose or postpone gaining valuable information, and then they would lose gaining an advantage over their foe.

~*~*~*~

Rachael noticed he seemed tense, "If something is bothering you feel free to tell me. You are travelling with me now after all." She made her voice sound calm but she did actually care. She didn't know why, but she chalked it up to the fact that she had just dragged him into what she was doing. Also if he was nervous it could result in him being hurt if they ran into any trouble. She didn't think they would but rather safe than sorry.

The boy nods, his hand moving up to his throat.
"So... I'm guessing I have to be interrogated now?"

Pandora watched Alex, she looked at Scrubz and said right "I'am going to if your coming with please don't try and be a hero as soon as we get there i know the look in that woman's eyes just because Evelyn is a child it wont stop her from killing her"
She turned to Rin and said "are you going to be OK here with that?" pointing at the human.
With that said Pandora took off in the same direction as Alex and it didn't take her long to catch up with her, not knowing if she should ask Alex how she wanted to do this Pandora got closer and said "i am going to go around the other way that way when everyone else gets here we will have all side's covered."
As Pandora speaks she turn's to her left, to go around the forest.

He looked up at her as they walked along, she seemed to see he was tense and he looked down at the ground when she started to speak. He smiled a little bit though, he never got to talk to people about problems and if he did try to share they would just 'hmpf' him away. The fact that she asked was really something he had wanted for a long time, "Well..." He said not sure if he should bother her with details... "Well, I noticed you were uneasy before... and well, I'm not really sure why. And I don't want to get in trouble... well not that I have anyone to yell at me but..." He seemed kind of flustered, talking was not something he normally did but something he always wanted to do.

-------

Jouc sighed, "I will watch him." It was probably the best way to keep the kid alive anyways, and with his hurt foot he wouldn't be able to keep up with the others. Still a human wouldn't be to hard to contain, especially with his power.

Alex had been walking for some time now and it helped her calm down, now she wasn't full of rage anymore she just wanted to get the kid back so they could stop Cyrus Ryan. When she heard someone come up beside her she glanced to see that it was just Pandora and looked forward again. She nodded, "All right. That woman is fast so we probably have some time before we catch up to them." She looked up at the branches above them, her eyes sad which was something no one usually would see on Alex's face anyway. She considered being sad a sort of weakness so she always switched it to anger before it could set in.

Rin nodded in response to Pandora and then looked at the human, "Well honestly, an interrogation means you aren't willing to tell us information. considering you came to us for help I am sure that won't be the case. Am I correct?" She noticed his hands moving to his throat and raised an eyebrow.

~*~*~*~

Rachael looked at him expectantly, "I am not going to bite your head off so go ahead and speak your mind. If you have any questions for me it is only fair I answer them. After all you deserve to know what exactly is going on." She sounded slightly amused, he was very flustered which really hindered his sharp mind. She knew what he was going to ask but wanted to hear the question directly from him.

He continued to walk for a few moments before finally getting up the courage to ask something as simple as, "What are we doing?" He wasn't sure if she would be mad at him but then again she said she would answer that question and it was only fair for him to know. Then again everyone he asked seemed to get mad at him if he asked things like that so... he was still worried.

Rin rolled her eyes, "Your compliance does affect how well we can help you. Know that." She then turned to Jouc and was about to tell him it was fine when she noticed his foot was hurt. "Alright then. Thanks." With that she took to the skies to catch up with Alex. Considering she was flying it didn't take long and soon she landed near her. "Alex!" She jogged over to her.

~*~*~*~

Rachael glanced at him then looked forward again, she didn't appear angry but remained silent for a bit before speaking up. "I am Rachael Cheney. One of the top officers for one of the bigger branches of the resistance. I was sent out here to check on one of our branches. So I suppose you could say I am out here checking up and making sure that people are safe." She hoped he didn't take her answer poorly. Maybe she should have mentioned it earlier but what if he hadn't gone with her. That didn't seem good...especially when there were humans about.

Status
Not open for further replies.