Fighting the Losing Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl wasn't going to go with her, just as she expected. Lowering her hands, she let out a deep sigh and shrugged her shoulders.
"Great, make me out to be a bad guy."
She muttered before flicking her hair over her shoulder while she examined her surroundings. She saw who was where, and tried her best to guess what power everyone had from the bit of action which she had privilege to witness. It was obvious that this human was used to being around and fighting none human beings.
Once she had gotten her surrounding planned in her own mind, Miyu looked straight at Evelyn in the eyes and flashed a sly smile before suddenly moving at great speed, the same speed she used against the vampire woman but this time, she was faster and within a blink of an eye, Miyu had drawn out a long Katana from the wooden box that sat under her bag and was standing behind Evelyn, the blade pressed up to her neck and her hand rested on her shoulder.
"I really… really need to talk to you, girly."
She still spoke in a casual tone, no word out of breath and no fear of her surroundings as she grabbed the girl by her arm and screamed out.
"Anyone who dares try and interrupt a conversation, I will slice her throat open and give her away without any questions."
Miyu eyes screamed out that she was serious. After all, she had no connections here, it was all just a big coincidence that she had walked in to all this. So why shouldn't she kill a little girl?
"Now, come with me, and using your skills will only get us both killed."
Miyu moved her footing, seeing if the child would now follow her as well as let the people behind her inside of the burning building exit.

The man choked, gagged, then felt himself drift into the darkness of death. He wasn't able to process her reply, he could only sense pain in his last few moments of life. As he passed on, his thoughts drifted to his children, to his friends and family, and how he knew that- if the non-humans weren't stopped, they wouldn't be far behind him in death. Then...
Blackness.

Walking around from the outside Scrubz and Pandora walked round to where the ramp was. Scrubz noticed there was still people inside the burning building. Scrubz went to the bottom of the ramp and looked up to have a better look. He see's another Human with a blade to Evelyn. He had to do something but he knew the human knew he was there. Scrubz froze thinking *Human smell familiar but don't recognize her. Need to save Evelyn" He whispers "Wind". With his hands round his back whirlwind started to form on his knuckle dusters.

Jouc quickly jumped from his spot and hit the knuckle duster with the blunt side of his sword. As he landed he crindged under the pressure to his hurt foot, "Don't." He went down to a knee waiting for the stinging pain to lessen. He didn't say anything else after that, he just stood keeping most of his weight under his unharmed foot. Slowly looking away from Scrubs his eyes wondered over to the unexpected guest that was holding Evelyn as hostage. He didn't know what she was trying to accomplish but she seemed to have some absolute need to talk to the little girl. He just watched her calmly, attacking her would only result in a death and, as everyone knew, he wanted to prevent as much death as possible.

Last edited:
Rachael had heard the snap and knew he was dead, however she had noticed that it had required more force than it should have. More than that she was sure she had heard something sound. She glanced up and stepped back a step. A young boy was standing there, whether he was human or not was unknown to her, and she backed up a bit. "Who are you?" Her voice lacked the darkness it held when talking to the man and sounded more calm. After all, she would not bring herself to harm a child even if they were human.

Pandora notice's that the woman she was talking to on the tree branch had a Katana at Evelyn's throat and after speaking to her Pandora knew if anyone moved she wouldn't hesitate in cutting the young girls head off. The first thing she had to do was stop Scrubz, luckily Jouc had got there a knocked scrubz's dusters down. That's when Pandora grabbed his wrists and pulled him close to her body and whispered in his ear "she wont hurt Evelyn unless you give her a reason don't ask me how i know i just do so don't move please. You have to trust me." *I really do hope she doesn't hurt Evelyn i really do.Or this guy will hold me responsible and that wont be a nice fight it never is one you have two people of the same kin fight*

Juvo looked at the woman as she turned and looked at him, instantly he was struck with fear and fell backwards. Even to her calm tone and lighter speak he still covered his head and curled himself on the ground. After a few seconds he figured out what she said and replied, looking up at her slightly, "Juvo..." Slowly he sat up and looked at her thinking she would have killed him already if that was what she was going to do... he still didn't really didn't feel safe however but he didn't really have many options now.

Rin froze at the woman's word and tried to not be overcome by anger. How dare that woman threaten one of their own? She knew however that she needed to listen, the woman didn't seem to have any qualms about killing poor Evelyn if anyone interfered. More than that, she couldn't use any of her skills this close and remain unnoticed long enough.

~*~*~*~

Rachael just remained where she was and gave the boy a questioning look as he fell back. When he finally answered her question she looked slightly amused. Did he think she was some deranged murder? "Hm...well Juvo I am Rachael. Don't worry I am not going to hurt you-or kill you if you were wondering. Not generally what I do." She wasn't actually lying. Her leader tended to have her remain off the field and do her natural work instead of helping with raids. While that didn't mean she didn't have to kill every now and then, it did mean that it wasn't as frequent as others.

Evelyn was watching the woman, unsure of what she meant about making her the bad guy. The woman was looking around and before Evelyn could realize why, the woman was gone from in front her was instead behind her with a katana drawn. Evelyn gasped and could feel the cold metal edge on her throat then shuddered. She glanced around to everyone who had now made it out of the building with large eyes, knowing none of them could help her. She flinched at the woman's loud shouting that came from right behind her, she never really did like loud noises, her cat ears would just magnify their volume. Evelyn nodded and tried her best to walk steadily with the woman and avoid tripping as best as possible because if she did, she knew the blade would cut her, even if just a bit.

Alex reached the window and dropped the human outside, planning on just rolling him down the hill. He may be injured but she was pretty sure it was his fault the attack took place which destroyed their home and killed Oliver. She froze however at the sight of the little cat kid being held hostage by some random human woman. She clenched her fists and would have attacked if she had not heard the woman's warning of any attacks resulting in the kid's death. So she had to simply glare at the woman, "Let her go! What do you want with a little brat anyway?" She shouted to the woman angrily.

The boy slowly regained consciousness, wobbling to his feet and suffering another coughing fit. He startled when Alex yelled, and put his hands over his ears- everything sounded so loud! He stumbled, then managed to focus on following Alex; coughing all the way.

Miyu saw one man standing; he had it in his right mind to not attack Miyu as she held the girl hostage. But then there was on blue haired jerk trying to be all heroic. Her eyes narrowed and she tightened her grip on the girl, her cold blade pressing closer to the girl's skin to start drawing blood from a small cut. Thankfully, no-one came to attack her. Standing straight while still holding the young girl in her grip, she nods her head and goes to speak but then Alex started to scream out at her. She groans and glanced over her shoulder.
"My business, not yours."
She then looked back at the vampire woman, just winking at her before returning her gaze to the girl who was forced to come willingly with her.
Miyu grabbed the girl's wrist and swung her round so that she sat on her back with her bag, her arms reached round to grab her waist so she was steady and with one giant leap, she shot off the ramp and rushed towards the trees. She knew the others would try and follow, so she needed to get as much speed in front of her as possible.
Once she felt like she was at some distance, Miyu dropped the girl, not caring if she landed on her feet or her butt, and then spun round and pointed the tip of her sword at her so she couldn't make any sudden movement.
"Okay, answer me quickly and your life as well as your friends can be saved."
With her free hand, Miyu pulled out some papers from her bag and dropped them in front of Evelyn. There were pictures of her and some documentation.
"I was approached just a few hours before by a man. He wanted me to get you, be it dead or alive. Now, don't think I am being all soppy because you're a child and all that crap, I have and I will kill children. But for this case, I thought I would investigate before I thought about taking the job, and seeing that fancy little battle scene back there, made me quite curious. And what I want to know is this; what the hell is going on here and why the hell is there a battle between humans and super naturals? Why am I being hired by some obnoxious prick to kidnap or kill you?"

Juvo looked around shaking a little but didn't see anyone else, why was she here alone? "B-but, you killed the man." He said though it might not even have been audible. He looked down slightly realizing he shouldn't argue it, if he did he might end up changing her mind and quite frankly he wanted to live. He didn't notice it before but he was shaking slightly and tightly hugging his legs while he just watched Rachael, tears were in the corners of his eyes from sheer fear. "N-nice to meet you."

Jouc didn't even move as the strange woman jumped away with Evelyn. He felt bad for the girl but this was her fight now, depending on what she does depends on if she lives or not. She was young, yes, but it was in her hands and that was all to it.

Last edited:
Rin cursed quietly and ran over to Alex when the woman disappeared with Evelyn. "Alex. We need to follow them. Even if we can't attack it would be better if we don't lose them completely." She grit her teeth and tried to calm herself down even more. Evelyn was so young, and nothing like this should happen to her regardless of her fighting capabilities.

~*~*~*~

Rachael sighed, figures the kid had to take it like she was a horrible person. She had to figure out how to fix his and still get to her destination. "That man has just hurt a lot of people, if he had lived he would have continued." She frowned slightly and then her face was calm. "I will not kill you, I promise. Okay? And it is nice to meet you too Juvo." She smiled slightly, an act that was very rare for her ever since she was orphaned.

He looked down again when she said what the man had done, he wasn't sure if it was true but she really did seem to want his trust. That ment she probubly didn't want to kill him. Slowly he looked back up as she started to speak again and she gave him a smile, it was a warm and kind smile. He felt beter and was about to stand before he noticed something flash over him, all he noticed was a black figure for a split second but ignored it. Again he went to stand again and said, still with his soft voice, "Okay." He wasn't sure what was going to happen now so he just looked at his feet and waited for her to say something or leave.

Evelyn whimpered quietly when the katana cut her but otherwise did nothing about it, she couldn't. She then yelped in shock when she was swung onto the woman's back and grabbed onto what she could she so she wouldn't fall off at the great speed this woman was going at and Evelyn knew, this woman was definitely not human, at least not fully human. When she was dropped after they stopped, she easily landed on her feet but froze when the sword was once again pointed at her, barely moving her head to see the papers. Once she took in the information on them, her eyes widened and she gasped, these papers… were all about her. That woman had been following her… She swallowed nervously and looked back to face her. "W-well, the battle happened because the humans have been killing and hurting all the supernaturals cus they want power o-or think we're a threat or sumthin but we never did anything. So that's O…Oliver lead this resistance, to stop them! Cus humans are evil and kill everyone!" She ended up shouting with a glare, unable to help herself, she truly hated the humans that kill everyone and it seemed like this woman was one of them. "And as for them wanting me… There's a lot of reasons why humans would want me dead or captured…" She said sheepishly, "M-my family and I had been captured by humans when I was really little and they did really mean stuff saying they 'wanted to figure us out' or something… but then some of us escaped…" She said, and a few tears escaped her eyes at the memory of her family and she looked up at the woman, hoping that would be enough so she could leave.

~

Alex took a deep breath and glared at Rin, but her anger was not truly aimed toward her, she just had so much fury at the moment and Rin was her usual rival so it just… fit. "You think I don't know that?!" She said sharply back then sighed, grabbed the large axe she had used earlier and was about to go down the ramp to go after them but, passing by the human she quickly stopped and glared at him. "You're going to stay here, got it?" She said, her voice like ice. "And just to be sure…" She said then practically dragged the human who she viewed as the reason for Oliver's death down the ramp and looked at the others, "Who want to volunteer to be this' guard while we go after the brat?"

Rin matched Alex's glare, just for the sake of normalcy in this situation, and replied sharply, "I am just enforcing the idea Alex, don't get snippy." She then looked at the human. She didn't feel like watching him, she just anted to help find Evelyn. However, if no one offered she would have to do it.

~*~*~*~

Rachael also saw the flash of black over head and tensed as it disappeared. She then glanced at Juvo and hesitated. She needed to go but when there were other people here that were obviously evil....she wasn't so sure if she should just leave him. "Juvo, would you like to travel with me?" She waited patiently for him to reply and glanced up again quickly. Whatever had passed earlier had bothered her slightly. It had been to big to be just a simple animal.

The boy dusts himself off, finishing another coughing fit before trying to push away fro Alex. Then, the boy raises his hand, trying not to meet eyes with her.
"I can guard myself!"

Alex rolled her eyes at Rin but said nothing and instead turned back to the human and grabbed the collar of his shirt thus making him face her, "Listen, not that kind of guarding, personally I don't really care if you get mauled by a werewolf as long as you can still answer our questions. I mean a guard to make sure you don't try to run away before we can get some answers out of you. Got it?" Her grip on his shirt tightened as her glare intensified. After a moment she then pushed him back roughly.

He fell on his can, fixing his collar with a huff.
"I came for help, not an interrogation- some 'good guys' you are."

Status
Not open for further replies.