Fighting the Losing Battle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn giggled at Miyu's words. When she wasn't threatening her or anything, she seemed pretty nice… so far anyway.

Alex made it into the clearing in time to hear Pandora's words and she stopped. They were talking about… cake? Did she miss something? She looked over to her in confusion and then saw that Evelyn was uninjured except for some remaining blood on her throat but she was fine. That's when her eyes landed on the woman that kidnapped her. Alex's hands formed fists and she was about to charge for the woman but didn't, instead glancing at Rin. Yeah, charging at her for no reason it seemed would be pretty stupid… Her hands relaxed back at her sides. "Are you guys seriously talking about cake? What'd I miss?" She asked incredulously.

As Pandora walks up to walk with Evelyn and knowing full well the sarcastic one in front can hear her say's "Wow what a shock she knows to put eggs in a cake i am surprised" and cant stop the laugh escape her lips.
Pandora know's that Alex and Rin are on there way and knows that the little group are walking in the same direction so they will meet up soon enough.

Miyu stuck her tongue out at Pandora and then leaned up against a tree.
"Well, I am no house wife, nor will I ever be one. So don't expect perfect cooking by me. So if you guys don't want to give yourself gut rot, I suggest you keep your eggs to yourself!"
Miyu looked over when she heard another come closer to them, pushing herself from the tree, she looked at her fists and just tilted her head to the side, was this person really considering on attacking Miyu?
No, thankfully not, she grinned at her question and walked up towards the other person.
"There is always time to talk about cake and other sweet food. The name is Miyu Kitzu, I am sorry to scare you in such a way about this girl, but blame that loud mouth vampire over there. You know what vampires are like, always so loud and in your face."
She glanced over her shoulder at Pandora and smiled innocently before looking back at Alex.
"I just wanted to confirm some stuff before I got dragged in to it all. But you guys didn't seem to be in a talking mood, so I took it in my own hands."

Pandora couldn't help the wink at the new woman now know as Miyu, *Yeah she may have just caused her some trouble but nothing that Pandora couldn't get around. At the end of the day a full on battle had started and she was just making sure that this Miyu wasn't anything to do with it after all at least one of them would hear her out.well she hoped anyways*

Evelyn smiled a bit to Alex and Rin when they came over to them but it wasn't big because, well Alex kind of scared her. She looked around the tow curiously, wondering where the others were. When Pandora sarcastically replied to Miyu she couldn't help joining her laughter.

Alex raised an eyebrow at Miyu, "Sorry for not being able to actually talk before, we were kind of, oh i don't know… being attacked." She said sarcastically and crossed her arms.

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Jouc sighed and looked over at Scrubs, "Sure." He leaned over hit the bottle into the air with his sword, clean out of Scrubs hands, and caught it. After opening it he tossed it back in such a way where the top would face up, of course it could spill but for some reason he didn't care. It always seemed Scrubs had whatever was in that bottle on hand. Most people in that situation might ask about it but as always Jouc seemed uninterested. This man was an outsider after all, so it was unlikely he would even say a word... he barely talked to people he knew for a while.

-----

Juvo looked over at the woman and thought for a second, "But humans never seemed to be mad at me... or attack me... and non-humans are pretty neutral around me too..." He looked down at his feet and walked for a couple of seconds before another question came to his mind, "So where are we going? Are we close?"

The boy crossed his legs, plopping down on the floor. There was a lot going on, and almost none of it seemed to relate to a building just burning down- or the fact that the Resistance no longer had a base of operations. He sighed, resting his head in his hands before suffering another coughing fit.
"So... May I go to where everyone else is, or am I stuck here with you? Mr. Easily?"

"Thanks" Scrubz started guzzling the contents down intill it was empty. "That hits the spot". With his mouth he placed the lid (which was attached to the bottle) just on top and shook the bottle. The lid came off and Scrubz peared inside, he smiled. *Thought that might work*.
Scrubz started drinking again *he knew this might start questions but lucky enough it was only Jouc and the kid here*
After emptying it again. Scrubz started to feel healthier. He wiggled his toes and moved his fingers around. He jumped up full of energy. He stretched and cracked his bones and walked over where his knuckle dusters were. He picked them up and placed them on.
He walked over to Jouc and patted his back "Thanks for stopping me earlier".

He turns to the kid "we're staying here till the rest of the group turns up kid"

Scrubz sat near Jorc watching the kid

*I wonder how the girls are getting on. They could be any where by now* he thought

The boy shakes his head, laying back in the grass.

"I sincerely hope the fire doesn't spread out from the house and kill us all. It would be a shame."

Rin had to admit she was slightly confused but yet she was glad. Evelyn was okay and the woman who had kidnapped her no longer meant them ill. Regardless of her confusion she found it very warming how they were all joking around.

~*~*~*~

Rachael looked at him, "We are going to one of the bases out here. We should actually be arriving in a minute." She glanced ahead and sure enough she could see the outline of a building up ahead. "Oh look, there it is."

Evelyn bit her lip in thought then decided to speak her question, to Rin anyway. "Um… where are the others? Are they still back at the… at what's left of the base?" She asked quietly but was clearly very curious about this.

Rin nodded her head, "Jouc stayed to watch the human and Captain Scrubz stayed behind due to injuries. Actually now that I think about it...they are probably wondering if we are okay. We should head back." If they didn't head back soon they might jump to a bad conclusion.

Evelyn immediately became concerned about the Captain, "What happened to the Captain? Is he ok?" From the little bit that Evelyn was able to talk to him, he seemed really nice and she took a liking to him. And when Miyu had first put the katana to her throat she was able to see that he was going to try to help her if he wasn't stopped.

Alex turned back to Rin and nodded, "Yeah, we should." She glanced to the others, "Come on Pandora, kid and you can too Miyu. If you promise not to threaten or hurt anyone else, that is." She added jokingly but there was a serious undertone to her words.

"Yeah it sound's like a good plan Alex." "It will be interesting to see if the human is still there or if his causing trouble. More then likely there all just sitting around talking about boring things, like men normally do" Pandora say's with a smirk.
Pandora could see the concern on Evelyn's face "relax little one, the Captain is fine or he will be i'am sure."
*With that said she starts to walk back thinking he must of been really hurt not to have followed me or his just being a typical lazy man* she thinks to herself

"Hmm?" Juvo said looking further up to the clearing where the 'base' was. He had walked past it a couple of times thinking it was just a mansion in the forest and paid no mind to it. Actually he kept his distance because if someone was going to build a house all the way out here then they didn't want strangers around. Slowly as they got closer he noticed something, the slight smell of smoke and an orange hue, "Its burning." He mumbled even quieter than usual. Unlike most people when something bad happens he finds it hard to speak instead of talking, or even shouting in a louder manner.

~~~~

Jouc just sat not talking to either one of them, Scrubs could do the answering. He wasn't here to baby sit he was here to make sure the kid doesn't leave. That was all their was to it. Some people find it hard to believe that he refuses to talk so much and seems so cold though at the same time he isn't able to bring himself to kill anyone. Because of this most people found him strange, but that didn't really mater to him. It was how he chose to live and he wasn't going to change just because someone else wanted him to.

Hearing the kid he has a point and since Jouc was so talkative Scrubz walked over to the burning house. He looks around to make sure there was enough distance away from Jouc and the kid, and there was.
He took a deep breath , closed his eyes and shouted with all his might. "EARTH.....EARTH".
Its been a while since he's done something this big but thinks he'll be fine especially since he was feeling fresh.
Scrubz span around a couple of times and the dirt around him started to spin up and raise until it reached his knuckle dusters.
As soon it reached it Scrubz opened his eyes looked at the burning mansion. The Earth under neath him rose quickly only a couple of feet which help scrubz jump higher above the flames. He looked at the size of the mansion then concentrated on the few feet of raised earth he made.
With a shout of the battle cry he place one arm on his shoulder while the other got ready to punch.
As he fell speed was picking up if you blinked you could of missed it.
His fist landed on target Scubz stayed they with his fist in the ground with his back turned to the burning mansion.
The earth and stone was rising around the mansion making a hollow cage to stop the fire spreading and cutting of the oxygen to the fire.
Scrubz breathed in heavily his eye's were turning black. quickly he grabbed his bottle and drank from it and took a deep breath.
Scrubz looked back at his creation.
"A little taller than planned" and takes another sip. his eyes were going back to his deep red.
There was a steep mountain/hill in place where the mansion was it was a couple of feet higher than the tree's but least the fire won't be spreading any more.

While still in the forest, away from the cabin. Everything now seemed okay between Miyu and every one. Miyu smiled brightly and rest her hands on her waist, letting out a sigh of relief as she turned to Alex.
"I know, i know. But that is why i wanted to wait things out. But hey, that is the past now and i am here... Kinda, and on your side for definite."
She raised her hand and took in a deep breath.
"But i cant fight just as of yet. I can. however, return to where I came from and get what information from the humans. Get what i can while they think that i am on their side only because i am a human. I will be back after two, maybe three nights. I know it is hard for you to do so, but please just trust me."
She adjusted her clothing and started to walk the opposite direction from the cabin. She thenpauseed and looked back over at Evelyn.
"And remember, do not judge a human for what abilities they can use. Treat every human like they have a trick up their sleeves. I won't be surprised if this attack was just a test to see what strength you all have and those humans were just pawns."
She winked a little and then vanished off in to the distance

((((Okay, as i said in the plot area, i am now away until sunday night/Monday morning. If anyone has any plot which i can return too in the time which Miyu can come back with some infomation, please do share. I am hating that i am going to be missing out on such thing, but hey-ho, rl comes first.))))

Alex smirked at Pandora's praise for her plan when all she did was agree with Rin. She chuckled then directed her smirk to Rin mischievously as she spoke, "Why thank you, i did have pretty good plan huh?" She said smugly to rub it into Rin's face, knowing she must hate how she didn't get credit. She then looked to the others again and listened to Miyu's words. She nodded, "I understand. Well then, safe travels and all that. And remember, if you turn on us when you get back, you won't be able to get away with simply stealing our youngest member and holding her hostage." She said all this with a small smile on her face and her voice sounded so casual it was like she was simply continuing to wish her safe passage as she goes back. With a final nod she turned and followed Pandora back to the others.

~

Evelyn bit her lip but managed a small smile, she was still worried about the Captain but knew he should be fine, whatever it was in his drink he always had seemed to help him somehow... she made a mental note to ask him about it because she was curious. When Miyu started speaking to her, she bowed her head slightly in embarrassment but looked up just before she vanished. She smiled to her and waved goodbye then she was gone so Evelyn turned and ran to catch up with the others but looked back to Rin and shouted with a smile, "Come on!" then turned back around and continued running.

Rin merely gave a forced smile at Alex, "I believe it was a very good plan indeed Alex." She heard Miyu's words and nodded, "Do be careful." When Miyu vanished she paused for a moment before looking over at Evelyn. "Alright, I am coming don't worry." She returned the smile and caught up with the others.

~*~*~*~

Rachael frowned, "Darn it. I should have arrived sooner." When she had visited other bases she had heard that they had all come under minor attacks but none were in comparison to this. She walked forward and didn't hesitate as a earthen hill rose up to enclose the building. "Someone is here...supernatural without a doubt." She frowned and walked forward quietly, her footsteps not making a sound.

Alex chuckled as she continued to walk and put her hands behind her head casually, looking around to be sure they were all going the right way.

~

Evelyn was walking beside Rin happily then looked up to her curiously, "Rin… where were you before? You were gone for like 2 weeks." She asked, tilting her head to the side a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.