Fighting the Losing Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy, still gagging, manages to get a
"No..."out before succumbing to the blackness that unconsciousness provides, slumping down against the wall.

The assassins, now in full retreat, fire a concentrated barrage of bolts at Oliver in a last-ditch effort to kill him before retreating fully.

Looking at Evelyn he smiles *She'll definitely be fine* he thought. *Evelyn leader seems to be the target*
Scrubz fly's Over to Oliver and shouted "EARTH..WIND" With that he landed on the floor next to Oliver with the wind hand Hit the guy with the sword and he went flying into the roof.
Earth hand hit the floor to blocked the lightning bolt.
"Many hands make light work does it not"
Unfortunately with the rush to to block those attacks he didn't see the oil creeping up on them.

Alex has no choice but to crouch down, using the abnormally large axe as protecting against the bolts, and does her best to keep Oliver behind it as well. Once the assassins were gone she slowly stood back up and dropped the axe beside her with a short laugh. "Of course the little cowards retreat…" She then turned back around to face Oliver, thinking he was all right besides the injuries he sustained before she reached him. But, he was actually much worse than that.

Oliver was unable to move from his position splayed out on the ground, too injured to move. During the last barrage before their retreat, the humans managed to get him hit deep enough in his stomach that he would not last long. He was bleeding out. Alex fell to her knees beside him, unable to do anything to help him. She used her hands to stop the bleeding as much as she could but it would be no use. His entire left side was boiling from the oil and his right leg was badly hurt also, then his shirt was cut through by the hit that traveled deeply into him.

Alex shook her head in denial, "No.. No, Oliver! Do not die! You can't! You have to lead us! You're the leader of the resistance!" She shouted at him as his eyes were fluttering closed. Evelyn heard this and, after being sure the human wasn't dead, she ran over to them and simply stood in shock as Oliver bled out. Her lip quivered, after her sister had left her at the Resistance, it was Oliver that allowed her to stay and train with them and it was Oliver that basically raised her and had helped many others, including Alex after she wandered in to fight with them years ago.

As Scrubz dodged the attack of the bolts of the retreating Humans he landed in the oil, burning both his legs He screeched out in pain. but managed to get out. He looked over where Oliver was and it wasn't good. Alex and Evelyn are there and they definitely look upset. "Come on Scrubz on your feet". He said to himself.

His feet was in to much pain. He whispered "wind" and floated over to the girls.
Scrubz but his hand on Evelyn shoulder and his other hand reached for his bottle to take a drink.

"Alex There is a chance for me to save him" as sympathetic as he can "I can try and turn him its been a while but it looks like he's slipping but I'll leave that choice to you Alex, but soon it will be to late to even try. I'm Sorry for you both"

Jouc turned quickly to see Oliver had been hit by something, he couldn't quite tell what it was but he knew it must have been bad since Alex was shouting, trying to tell him he wasn't aloud to die... not yet at least. Quickly though, he turned back to make sure his opponent retreated as well before putting away his sword. For the first time he felt compelled to speak to them, not because he was forced to but because it was Oliver on the line. The one man he would freely talk to. "Turning someone who isn't human normally doesn't work." He turned to Scrubs, "Also he is a warlock, I'm sure you weren't able to tell since he didn't use any magic but as I'm sure you know, vampires and warlocks don't mix. Biting him would only end up being lethal." He sighed a little bit as he continually stepped away from the hot oil. "Listen, the only way to save him is to pull that bolt out and quickly cauterize the wound." He turned to leave feeling that he had said too much anyways. He didn't like to speak in the first place, Oliver was just luck he liked him... and would be even more lucky ,where even if the wound was treated correctly, he would live.

Jouc was about to leave the room when he turned around, "Cauterization is when you burn a wound closed, don't use the hot oil..." With that last bit he just turned and left, heading down stairs into the smashed up room. That was all he had to say and that was all anyone might ever hear out of him... unless he was trying to talk down an opponent.

During the fight between the the dragon lady and the being known as Jouc she quickly dropped to the ground as her wing was hit, but surprisingly she didn't stop moving, she moved forward and a loud screeching sound was heard under her as she seemed to be riding her shield towards her target. But quickly she flapped her good wing and with that she was sent towards where the ruins were where she first had appeared. Riding the shield she made her way over, leaving behind her sword as she seemed to vanish. The sword left no clue as to where she was hiding or where she had been, it was only a reminder of her having been there.

Pandora can't help but smirk at the humans coment "no my dear i was talking the nosy part, anyway i wouldn't nibble on you there is a strange smell to your blood that puts me off".
Spying at this woman and watching her every move Pandora notices that she can't seem to keep her eyes off of Evelyn.

with that Pandora shouts out in hope that the others hear her " COME QUICK THIS WOMAN IS AFTER EVELYN".
Turning to look at the odd human again she smiles and says "good luck my sweet sarcastic little b***h."

Rin shot a few more as they retreated and then rushed over to the others. She stood back a little but could see clearly what was going on. Oliver had been severely wounded. She heard the others begin to slightly panic as they tried to think of ideas. When Jouc shouted out she frowned, "Cauterizing it will only work if it wasn't poisoned. They were assassins so his chances are looking very bad..." She hated to say it but the others needed to know.

A dark-skinned man encounters Jouc in the hall, spilling the remainder of his oil out onto the floor in surprise.
"Oh... Shiet!"The man immediately backpedaled out of the room, struggling with the match it was his mission to light. The others in the fire team had already left- they had spread oil to most of the house; it was up to him to light the fuse and send the place to flames. There weren't supposed to be any in-humans in the rest of the house! Not according to plan... Oh gods, he was dead, wasn't he...

Evelyn was holding back tears but was hopeful when she looked up at Captain Scrubz as he said that he could help Oliver but that hope dwindled as Jouc then spoke and lastly Rin. She looked down at her hands, doing her best not to cry. Apparently there was no hope for him… Her ears then perked up when she heard Pandora's shouts form outside. She looked up and sniffled, "What…?" She heard her name so she slowly made her way over to the window and peered out to see what was going on. There were two women outside, Pandora and another woman who she didn't recognize.

Alex clenched her fists, she had been about to agree with Scrubz but then she was told it wouldn't do anything but cauterizing was the next best thing but then that too was squashed. "So there's nothing we can do?" She said sharply. Oliver had saved her life when they first met but now she couldn't even return the favor. She couldn't do anything as he died right in front of them all.

Rin hesitated at Alex's sharp tone but walked forward a bit. "We could cauterize the wound but...there isn't a guarantee he would remain alive." She saw the anger and sadness in Alex's eyes and even though she disliked her, she couldn't help but feel horrible for killing the slight hope of him living. It was just...he had already lost so much blood. More than that, assassins almost always used poison for the bolts and arrows. When joining she had wished to lessen these kind of occurrences yet it still happened.

Throughout the whole battle Alantriel had stood motionless. She had been about to help her human when Evelyn had assisted him. For a moment she was motionless and a little messed up. In the middle of the hubbub she noticed the assassins all aiming for Oliver. In an effort to trip some of them up she began to freeze the oil. Following after Jouc Alantriel had begun freezing all the oil to prevent fire. When they encountered the human she froze him from the armpit down.

After this encounter an idea struck Alantriel. Rushing back to the conference room she pushed her way to Oliver. "Wait guys! I can stem the flow of blood by freezing the wound. If I slow his blood flow enough it'll put him into a sort of induced coma and stop the poison from spreading too fast. It's a little risky though... Alex do I have your permission to do this?" She asked Alex, the second in command.

Last edited:
Rin felt sudden hope at Tenya's words but suddenly she saw something that once again killed her mood and hope. Tears began to escape her eyes despite her attempt to hold them back. "E-everyone...it won't work..." She paused before saying why. It was too painful. "O-oliver is already gone..." Why did she say it? Standing near the door of the office was a shade, she had been with the person for so long that it was evident who it was. Oliver's ghost was standing there watching them all, he seemed so...so sad. They had waited too long to take action and now he was gone. She didn't look at the others but rather at where his shade was. He made eye contact with her for one second and then disappeared. Whether he would return was unbeknownst to her. Quite quickly her eyes dropped to where his body lay and she took a step bad.

The man was frozen from the waist down, there was nothing he could do about that. But his fate wasn't set in stone yet. No. He would not lose honor by becoming a captive, he would not fail himself and his allies, he knew what had to be done- to stop the non-humans from rampaging and killing more innocents. The witch had frozen him from the armpits down, yet he found his hands to be more or less free. He twisted, turned, and managed to relight his match- barely. He took a deep breathe, whispered a prayer, then dropped the light into the waiting oil; soon, inferno took him, and he burned agonizingly. A scream escaped his lips, then was snuffed out as he inhaled fire. The fire soon spread to the rest of the oil, and the entire room was soon ablaze- and spreading.

The boy had settled into a corner, hands over his head and praying silently for things to end. He knew someone had died, and he bet that he would be the one blamed- and that they would execute him. He didn't want to die... Not yet...

It really was all cracking off, Miyu was torn, watching only half of the battle and having to talk to the vampire woman. Just sod off will ya? She thought, growing impatient towards the woman. A kid was dying or maybe even dead by now. Oil was being spilled all over the house and if they didn’t get out soon, everyone would be seriously hurt or even killed. It appeared that Miyu wasn’t even listening to the vampire any more, even to the remark on how she smells. Instead, My just raised her hand to the woman, putting her palm in front of her face.
“Yeah, yeah. I know.”
She grumbled as she went to take a step towards the house but the screech of the vampires words made Miyu come to a halt and spun round to give her the look of ‘oh come on, really?!’ before rolling her eyes, placed her hand on her forehead and let out a groan.
“What a pain.” She spun round to look towards Evelyn, the young girl was now looking at her and Miyu smiled at her and even waved as if she was teasing the young girl. “Hello, kitty girl, don’t go anywhere will you, please? I want to talk to you!”
Miyu knew that the vampire woman wouldn’t let her get anywhere near the young girl, or anyone else for that matter, even if she did ask nicely while a suicidal human was about to set himself on fire to try and kill everyone else in that building.
But Miyu would give it one hell of a try.
Moving her foot slowly to the left, Miyu placed her eyes back on the vampire as she leaned forward slightly and gave a little wink before suddenly moving at a un-natural speed for a human and charged towards the building just as the flames.

The smell of smoke filled the mansion. "Oh great" he said in frustration. He landed back on his feet. Then collapsed, his legs hasn't healed yet it was too soon. "Dam it" Scrubz shouted. Scrubz floated back up and stared at his free hand. "Everyone get out I can make sure the fire doesn't reach this room but I don't know about myself" He flew to the door he Thumps his knuckle dusters together and shouted "WATER...EARTH". Scrubz landed hard on the floor by the door to the office Scrubz screamed in pain.

With His hands together Aiming where he could see the fire "LOOK OUT BELOW". With water and earth mixed together an Avalanche of mud sprouted from his hands. trying to consume the fire. He's doing the best he can but with the lack of movement he's just slowing it down. He trys shuffling over doing the best to ignore the pains in his legs.

At least he's giving time for everyone else to get the hell out

*This human is annoying the hell out of me*, something bad is happening in the house or i would of hoped one of them would of come out to see what the fuss was about* sighing inwardly Pandora watches as the new woman almost flash steps away from her towards the building *ooookkkk not quit as human as you seam are you my Little friend*.
With a wicked grin Pandora jumps off the tree branch in pursuit of the woman heading towards the mansion.

Pandora's blood runs cold as she see the b***h talking to Everlyn *don't do it i may not be attached to everyone here but if we fight with one another we might as well give up now* she thinks to her self, out loud she say's to herself "strange how you have put this woman in the supernatural group when you don't know or trust her"

*Oh for gods sake what is it with this other vampire being all hero*
She know's this guy has grown an attachment to Everlyn so she changes direction in hope she can help him in some way. with that she calls on earth "i need your help put out the fire as best as you can" she can feel more then see that earth is doing just as she has asked as blanket's of dirt go through all the broken windows and doors and smoothe's itself over the worst of the flames .
*in same vain hope this should help him, and the others get out before any one else gets hurt.*

Jouc stood in the middle of the fire as it went to the oil around him, of course he knew cutting off his shoes would come back around to bite him but he figured it would just be stepping into the hot oil, not a blazing inferno. He still looked absolutely calm, really he was, after all his only goal was to protect Oliver and clearly he already failed. What more did he have to do now? Maybe protect the next head of the resistance? Slowly he looked around trying to see if escape was even possible before he noticed a couple of them were trying to put out the fire... "Hay, don't put out the fire, grab the documents from the drawers and whatever else you need and get out. No point in saving this place, we were already found." Already he could tell everything in the down stairs that had any worth was smashed to bits.

Jouc thought for a second before noticing the block of ice that the man had been frozen in was still there, melting, but there. Quickly reacting to the one rout Jouc could see he jumped over the short distance of fire and pushed off the block of ice to the broken down door. In the end Jouc wasn't able to jump quite far enough to clear the fire. Even still he made it to safe land with only a slight burn on his foot. With a smile he sighed.

Rin hesitated slightly before looking at everyone still in the office, "Everyone should start getting out now." She shot a glance at Alex, "I will grab some of the important documents. If we leave those behind we will be at a great disadvantage." She knew that despite her suggestion there ran the small risk of opposition. However, she had to have faith that they would listen and exited into the hall and quickly made her way to the door across which held all the files. The fire had barely entered the room and she quickly looked for some of the most important papers and detailed maps she could before it spread further into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.