Female Warriors of Feudal Japan (Yuri Rp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearance:
1039559-1600x900-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg

Quote:
"Sharp mind is the most dangerous edge."

Name:
Shiego Karachi

Height:
1,7m

Class:
Ronin

Hired sword

Personality:
Noble, (self)righteous, loyal, steadfast, thoughtful, idealistic, always keeps her word, proud, uptight, easily offended

Weaknesses:
Because of an old arrow wound, Shiego's left leg isn't as strong as it used to be. Better days, it just causes her pain and makes her limb a little, but sometimes, it hurts too much to even walk. She does her best to hide this and immediately shuts down anyone, who tries to point at her disability. The wound also caused her to loathe all ranged weapons. In her opinion, only honourless cowards use them.
Because of her proud nature, she also refuses the help of others even if it means losing.

Biography:
Shiego doesn't really like to talk about her past. She claims to be a daughter of not exactly wealthy samurai from north of Japan, who trained her in the way of bushido because he had no other heir. Truth is a little bit different, though. In fact, Shiego is as far from nobility as one can be.
Her mother was a naïve Japanese girl, who had fallen in love with Portugal sailor. Their relationship was a short lived one, but still resulted in Shiego's birth. Thanks to this mixed heritage, Shiego's childhood was a rather rough. Her mother's family shunned her and most people took her as a curiosity and nothing more. Shiego didn't let that to break her. She was always an idealist who hoped to become someone great. She used to watch students from nearby monastery, listening to their lessons in secret. She even made her own sword of bamboo and tried copy moves she saw them doing.
Chance to prove herself came when she was a fiftee. An old samurai, named Karachi, came to her hometown, looking for a promising student. There was a great competion held, so that youths from nearby could prove their worth. Shiego too, wanted to participate, but she wasn't allowed to. She was a just girl and half -nanban on top of that.
Still, she decided to show herself in the very end of competition, bamboo sword in her hand. She claimed that she was better than any other participant and that she has the right to prove it. People laughed, but samurai was impressed by the girl's courage and said, that he will gladly make her his apprentice if she prove herself by standing up to him. Shiego, although she knew she had no chance, agreed to his terms. The fight was one-sided, the samurai clearly had an upper hand, but she kept trying. He knocked her down a dozen times, but it didn't stop her from trying. She could barely stand, yet she still tried to hit him with her bamboo stick. The "fight" lasted almost hour, before samurai decided to end it. He was impressed by the girl's determination and decided to train her.
The training was hard, but she was a passionate student and a fast learner, quickly progressing in her studies. She learned what it meant to be samurai and devoted much of her time to study the ways of Bushido. She also learned how to read and write and how to ride and fight. A few years of training and she was able to match, or even surpass, her mentor's skill. When this time came, Karachi ended up her training, claiming that there was nothing more he could teach her.
Since then, Shiego tries to find her own luck.

Skills:
High stamina and endurance.
Trained with a variety of weapons.
Can ride a horse.
Literate

Weapons:
Long nagamaki

Equipment:
Kimono, lamellar armour, menpō, small pouch with money and little food, silver cross​

Normally I wouldn't care about weaknesses that cripple the character in some way, but she is going to be of very little use to the group if she can't walk. o.o Because a lot of their time will be spent walking, even though we have a carriage for now. We need hardy warriors! Also, I don't think that's three weaknesses. Everything else looks good.

I see. I will just make her limb a little after doing something really exhausting. She is a hardy warrior, she is just a lot hardier (is that even word?) when she doesn´t have to move :D
Not three weaknesses? I knew I forgot something.

I see. I will just make her limb a little after doing something really exhausting. She is a hardy warrior, she is just a lot hardier (is that even word?) when she doesn´t have to move :D
Not three weaknesses? I knew I forgot something.
Sounds great to me. :D

I added the third weakness. Its strange to make an honorable fighter for once. Most of my characters loathe fair fights.

Not being able to use a chained weapon isn't really a weakness. Saying, she isn't a good long distance fight would be a weakness, because she doesn't have to use a chained weapon.

She is not unable to use chain weapons (well she is, but that´s not the point), she has hard time fighting against the people who use them. She is used to fight with swords and she doesn´t really know how to defend herself against more unconvential weapons.

She is not unable to use chain weapons (well she is, but that´s not the point), she has hard time fighting against the people who use them. She is used to fight with swords and she doesn´t really know how to defend herself against more unconvential weapons.
Ohhh. I see now. That's better. Okay. Accepted. Post will be up sometime today. :)

• Love
Reactions: Justin
So basically, what you're saying is that she lacks experience in fighting non-swordsmen?

Exactly. She could do a pretty good job fighting someone with yari or naginata, but things like maces, axes and other not so common weapons woulde give her a hard time.

Never had to put down a peasant rebellion before? XD

Exactly. She could do a pretty good job fighting someone with yari or naginata, but things like maces, axes and other not so common weapons woulde give her a hard time.
You say that like everyone would have equal access to katanas and such. Don't dismiss axes and clubs: even these brutal weapons can give a master swordman a run for his money!

Now that I think about it though, I sorta wanna create a full oni-character. Can I create another CS?

See, I'm misunderstanding it then, meaning the weakness isn't very clear. :( I still don't think it's a viable weakness. I think creating another weakness would be better.

@Lucius not at the moment, but I'll give you the opportunity. Do you mean a full oni to travel as companions, or a villain, etc?

@Lucius Cypher count me in on plotting if you want when it comes to your full oni. It would be fun to have Ageha in trouble in some way. She's half oni after all

Huh. The party's getting pretty big, eh?

Never had to put down a peasant rebellion before? XD
Peasants never rebel, they don't need to. Feudal system is flawless!
See, I'm misunderstanding it then, meaning the weakness isn't very clear. :( I still don't think it's a viable weakness. I think creating another weakness would be better.
Okay. Let's spin the wheel of torture one more time and see, what disability will my character get this time. Although I still think that being unexperienced at fighting anyone who isn't rich or noble is a pretty big flaw... :D

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Hmm, maybe as a future travel companion? As a group we're pretty full up, but I wouldn't mind making a reoccurring character.

The idea is basically your average oni: Drunken Brute who would terrorize anyone unfortunate enough to cross paths with her. Maybe she's drinking at a bridge that we need to cross and won't let anyone pass, threatening to destroy it unless one of your guys beat her in wrestling. Of course she'd lose and run off, and later she might come back for round two, and depending on how you all react to her, could either start holding a grudge or begrudging respect for the group.

@dragonesper I certainly wouldn't mind a bit of choice banter between us. My Oni would have a sort of "Yokai are better than humans, dirty mongrel!" sort of personality. Overtime she might change or reaffirm her beliefs, depending on what sort of humans you all are. Still she see's humans as soft, pretty things better as pets than superiors. Not that my oni would have any solid facts behind this, but it's the mentality of it all.

Peasants never rebel, they don't need to. Feudal system is flawless!

Okay. Let's spin the wheel of torture one more time and see, what disability will my character get this time. Although I still think that being unexperienced at fighting anyone who isn´t rich or noble is a pretty big flaw... :D
My issue is it wasn't very clear. You don't need another disability, plz no more crippled warriors lol. You've elaborated and it makes more sense, and I suppose the possible bandits on the way would be a weakness to Shiego.

Hue, considering how many half-demon freaks we have here, you could totally make it a weakness that she hates those things vehemently, finding herself unable to focus properly when forced to fight alongside one.

Just like good ol' Darsean Hater trait in Valk Chronicles~

Hmm, maybe as a future travel companion? As a group we're pretty full up, but I wouldn't mind making a reoccurring character.

The idea is basically your average oni: Drunken Brute who would terrorize anyone unfortunate enough to cross paths with her. Maybe she's drinking at a bridge that we need to cross and won't let anyone pass, threatening to destroy it unless one of your guys beat her in wrestling. Of course she'd lose and run off, and later she might come back for round two, and depending on how you all react to her, could either start holding a grudge or begrudging respect for the group.

@dragonesper I certainly wouldn't mind a bit of choice banter between us. My Oni would have a sort of "Yokai are better than humans, dirty mongrel!" sort of personality. Overtime she might change or reaffirm her beliefs, depending on what sort of humans you all are. Still she see's humans as soft, pretty things better as pets than superiors. Not that my oni would have any solid facts behind this, but it's the mentality of it all.
That type of character does sound really good to have as a companion especially since we don't have any brute types. She can be a reoccurring character, and possibly join later on depending on how things go, like we said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.