Faye and Miu (Elvin Vale)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dakath lowered his head to his princess "I would be nothing if I were not here with you my Princess" He said to her simply. "There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you." When she reached her Quarters he bit his lip...he didn't want her to be inside by herself this time "If...If you wish...I would like to accompany you inside your room...I am not 100% On the status of this Castle as yet and I do not want you to end up...like your father" he finished hesitantly. He was never going to take his eyes off her until further notice.But then again if she didn't want him to follow her inside then he would be stuck...The enemy could be anywhere...the Dark Elf's were sneaky creepy and crafty creatures and he wouldn't be surprised if they were still within castle walls hidden.

Kharis wasn't sure what he wanted her to do. She was a girl after all but then again she also was a guardian for a reason and had been protecting him for two years now. "I wont force you to do anything against your will....If you want to follow me you have to promise to be as loyal as possible...never betray me and most of all never apologize when giving me your counsel" He smiled at her. A solider appeared in the doorway "Your Highness.....The Dark Elf King is still intact and untouched....for now....we had soldiers standing Guard the entire time." He said to him. The Prince Frowned.....The Dark Elf King was still there.....something wasn't right...but seemed they had fled for now and he had meant to follow. His father was out there somewhere probably being hurt in someway and retrained.Something they had come for in the city they couldn't find....and he wanted to find what they were after first.
"Sanya....pack my belongings...When Joegen gets here tomorrow we are leaving. will you follow me?" he asked.

Faelwen blushed heavily at his request, but...why should she? Yes, he was a man, but he was her servant and guardian first. It wasn't as if he'd just take advantage of her. She forced the color away from her cheeks, and allowed a bright smile to cross her lips. "Of course. I understand your concerns." She unlocked the door, and stepped inside, holding the heavy wood open for him. "Please, come in." She was still nervous though...this would be the first time she allowed a man into her room. It wouldn't be the first time a man had been in her room, but the first that she was the one that invited him. Ugh, her brother mentioned summoning Joegen. Fae could only hope she'd miss his arrival.

Sanya curtsied to him, "Yes, sire. I will follow you...my life is for your use only." And that she was sure of. She would never serve another, nor would she abandon him. Upon his request, she summoned her clone and made it rush away to pack his things. She, herself stayed at his side. "Is there anything else I may be able to do, Sire?" It seemed that most other things were taken care of. Perhaps he'd like to bathe or something before travel. Or eat. That was a very high chance. "Shall I prepare dinner for you?"

Kharis sighed but smiled at the thought of food. She knew what made him happy....he only hoped that when he did decide to Marry the woman would know how to make him happy too. "After what happened to today food would be most welcomed" he told her.The soldiers looked all over the castle as a percussion one more time before he seated himself at the High Dinning table. Even though food was coming he couldn't help but dwell on what the Dark Elfs were up to and where his Father had gone...He had to keep a strong mind and calm demeanor in front of his subjects at least and when Joegen arrived he would keep his Castle and his sister safe from harm when he was away."Sanya appeared again with a variety of his favorite foods and as usual tried to set them out in an orderly manner until he grabbed everything with his hands and began eating. "When we leave there is a temple on the outskirts we need to visit...that old Oracle should be able to tell us what those Dark Elfs are after and pinpoint my father" he said to her as he stuffed his face. "I want to wipe out every last one of them if I can...not incase them in a prison....they need to die." He stopped for a moment to look up at Sanya "Don't tell my sister I am leaving....even if she asks..."

Dakath felt so very nervous to walk into her room.He had never stepped foot inside before and when he did he was surprised at how large it was. Though most of her time was spent on the desk she had in the corner it looked like...papers were piled high, she had herbs and medicinal items all over and small glass vials as well.She worked to hard he thought to himself but it wasn't his place to tell her so. "Princess please rest now...I will stand by the door all night...you had a eventful day." She was very lovely to look at....as she lit her candles her eyes shone with the light of the candles dancing in them.It was then he felt his heart beat harder and his face growing hotter.Why must he think these vile things? especially now? he did fine for two years but only now he realized how much more beautiful she was? how graceful she was? and kind? how her smile alone made his entire day? Dakath turned his Green eyes away from her face.His long black hair swished as he turned and he looked into her mirror.It was times like these he wished he never looked....he hated to see himself....his black hair made him look odd to everyone else.

Joegen practically flew through the night on his Horse. His drive? Princess Faelwen. He hadn't seen her for years now but his last memory of her was when he had come to visit Kharis.They were playing a game in the gardens when Kharis played a trick on him and he slipped an fell in the mud, Princess Faelwen was the first to ask if he was ok and to help him out of the mud while Kharis laughed and laughed pointing at him. They were Teens at the time but now they were adults....Faelwen was fit to wed and her father had gone about setting up marriages for her but she was stubborn as a mule and avoided it until when her mother died two years ago.Her father the King left her alone when finally this year he had enough and was determined to wed her to a good family...that when he had come to his father King Soegen.It would be better she married a childhood friend he told him and Joegen was more then happy to oblige but that was a couple months ago and he hadn't herd word about it since. Now that the King was missing things weren't looking as good anymore...Kharis wouldn't allow other men to even look at his sister let alone speak to her...how would he explain this to his best friend?
He barely stopped for breaks unless the horse its self was tired.He allowed it to drink by the river and graze.At the pace he was going he would make it mid morning to the High Castle and to Princess Faelwen.

Sanya did try her hardest to at least arrange the food before it was gobbled up. After a few minutes, she gave up that task for simply refilling his cup or empty plates. She listened quietly to his decision. The tone of voice he used chilled her to the bone. Eradicate an entire race....just like that....it would take a much longer time to be rid of them. And certainly it would be a death wish if he tried to do so. But...if that were his wish...she would be sure to sacrifice herself before the bastards could kill him. That was her duty, at least in her mind it was. She curtsied again as he ordered her to keep quiet about this to his sister. "I will keep my mouth closed on the matter, Sire. Your bags should be packed in a few moments, and I will have them ready the carriage. We shall be ready to leave the moment Prince Joegen arrives."
Her clone had done as it was charged. The prince's bags were packed neatly, enough clothing for a long while. The clone had also packed her own bags, bringing along her two extra outfits, one she kept but never wore. It was a simply maid uniform, one that looked exactly like the other maids in the castle. Short skirt, and a little too much skin exposed to view. Sanya hoped she wouldn't be made to wear it. She had also packed a few other knives and extra poison, there wouldn't be a time where she left those things behind. The clone had also made the horse master prepare a carriage. That was all the clone accomplished before it vanished.
As soon as the tasks were done, Sanya let the clone go. She couldn't help but feel very worn out. Ah, she still needed to work on keeping her clone around for a longer time. Her chest heaved with a few deep breaths as Sanya desperately hid her fatigue from the prince. She would follow him, even if it meant going in secret.

Faelwen had just begun to light a few candles when Dakath spoke up. She just smiled and finished her task. He said he would stand by the door? She only shook her head. It wasn't until she finished lighting the candles and saw him hide his face that she decided to speak. "I'm sorry, Dakath, but I can't rest now. I'm so close to finding the cure...it's right in front of me...I know I'm just missing something obvious." She pulled out the chair from her desk, intending to seat herself there. Her bed was rarely used, often times she fell asleep at her desk. She turned to him before sitting down. "And I won't have you standing there all night. Please, I have another chair in that corner...." she motioned to the rocking chair by the head of her bed. That was her reading chair, which she also tended to fall asleep in. "Or, if you want...you can...can use my bed to rest on...." She swallowed hard, burying her face in a few papers, pretending to read them.
The words were out now, she couldn't take them back. Oh, how bold that sounded....as if she had just invited him to sleep with her. Not that she was, but....wait, why did she think about him sleeping with her? Surely she was just tired, and....no, she wasn't all that tired just yet. Her gut twisted with anxiety, what would he think of her now? There she went again...making a fool of herself. First she had touched him without permission, and now she had invited him to sleep in her bed. Surely she must have lost any respect in his eyes. Her face burned as she remembered the shocked look on his face when she had begun healing him. His soft skin.....deep green eyes....jet black hair....and the most perfect....kissable lips she could remember seeing....
Fae sat up quickly, flushing a much deeper shade of red. Had she really fallen in love with the man? During the two years he followed her, she always remembered admiring him from afar, secretly hoping he was some sort of noble in disguise. His soft voice....and the way he always seemed a little awkward. She just couldn't get enough of seeing him. And now he was here, in her room...no one else around. The princess forced herself to focus on the papers. She just had to find that one thing, then she'd go to sleep. Though, who knew when she would find that key ingredient.

He knew she would say that, she hardly slept in her bed she was constantly figuring out different methods and equations for her ingredients.Then she offered him a seat....or to rest in her bed....her bed....as in the princess's bed....HER BED! Dakath felt as though he was going to faint at her door. It was too much to comprehend at the moment so he steadied his breathing and refused to move at all. "No...I am find here Princess" he told her hoping he didn't sound too offensive at her offer.He stayed quiet as he watched well into the night and until she finally fell asleep on the desk, he walked towards her and brushed a hair from her face smiling "I would stay with you forever" he whispered and returned back to the corner of the room until morning.

---------------------

Next day

------------------------
Kharis woke up in the Dinning room confused and a little cold. Some how his hair had sauce in it and his hand was clasped around a lettuce wrap.He resumed putting into his mouth before scratching his head "where am I?" he asked to nobody but then Sanya was at his side. He figured he fell asleep at the table and he had told her not to move him all night. "Did you watch me all night Sanya?" he asked her in a sly tone. Suddenly a Soilder appeared at the other end of the table "My prince....Prince Joegen has arrived" he said. Kharis brightened "Show him in please and summon my sister if she is awake"

Prince Joegen walked into the room head held high and in is strapping white outfit with gold trimmings. He saw his friend and made for an extra low bow "My Prince and Future King" he said in a long drawled sarcastic voice "I am honored that you have allowed me to come in your time of need" he finished. Kharis laughed loudly "Cut the formalities friend you still look as dumb as the last time I saw you! have you improved your swordsmanship yet?" he asked still laughing. Joegen turned red "Yes! actually!" he snapped back at him.They both met for an embrace "Brother its good to see you after so long" Kharis said to him in a serious tone. "But I must fill you in on the details and what I want you to do for me...." Joegen listened to his friend about the events of yesterday and kept calm and quiet until he was finished. "Well then Kharis what do you want me to do?" he asked. "I know about my father and your father's agreement to wed my sister and I cannot trust anyone but you to man the Castle while I am gone" he told him. "If you were to hold the Castle with my sister and I find my Father and bring him back with whatever those maniacs are looking for first we can probably be rid of them forever."
Joegen pondered a little "well its tough but if it is a direct order and its what I can do to help I will do it....I will also send some of my men here as well to help with the city being rebuilt" Joegen Offered. "Thanks friend" he told him. "My sister should be along in a moment I am sure she would be glad to see you.....I am not telling her I am leaving....she would get worried"

The sun hit the widows and lit the room in a hazy orange. Dakath stood watching her breath slow with her head on the desk. She was like a sleeping angel....he didnt dare wake her up until a knock at the door sounded. He snapped his fingers emitting fire in one of his open palms and opened the door just an inch. "Speak" he said. "The young prince has summoned the princess if she is awake....Prince Joegen of the south has graced us with his presence." the solider said. Dakath could here the confusion in his voice....it was obvious he was wondering what he was doing within the princess's room. "She is sleeping...When she awaken's I will inform...." he herd her stirring slowly.

Sanya could feel herself nodding off at some points in the night, it was a slight force of will for her to remain awake when the prince slept so soundly. She had managed though, and had been able to get a few hours of sleep when two guards came in to ask if they should carry the prince to his room. Sanya told them not to move him, and only to keep watch while she slept. That had been nice. And she did still wake earlier than he did to dismiss the guards.

She smiled slightly as the prince woke, but his question made her blush. "I did for most of the night, my prince. I did manage to catch some sleep when the night shift guards came it." He had been quite beautiful to watch sleep as well, it was really too bad he wouldn't consider her as a partner. She snapped to attention when Prince Joegen came in. Who was he again...oh that was right. She smiled and quietly dipped a curtsy to him out of respect. Her eyes kept a look out for any sort of trouble this morning.

A sudden knock made the princess stir. Ah! She had fallen asleep again! Her mind raced to remember what she could of the prior night, only to really focus on Dakath refusing to even sit. Was she that repulsive to him? Her heart twisted at the thought, with any luck she'd at least be able to regain some favor from him. Voices told her that they were no longer alone together. She lifted her head, and brushed back a stray hair. Turning slowly, she looked toward Dakath and the door, masking the pain she still felt when she remembered how he refused to sit. Maybe next time she would order it. That would make her feel better about him watching her. She blinked a few times, still sleepy. "Who is it Dakath? What do they need?"

She perked up a little when she was told. Well then, she had to get ready. "I'll be out in just a moment." She called, making the soldier bow and disappear down the hall to tell the prince. Without fully being aware that Dakath was standing right at her door, Faelwen stood up and hastily began unlacing her dress. She stopped with a heavy blush just as the fabric cleared her shoulders. There it was held by her as she found her voice. "Dakath....you can leave now....I'll finish dressing in just a moment...." she said this quietly, thoroughly embarrassed that she had made the mistake of showing skin to a man. True to her word, it didn't take her long to dress, but she did remain red-faced as they walked to the dining hall.

The princess jumped up at the mention she was summoned. She obviously wasn't thinking though when she began to unlace herself infront of him making his face crimson."Yes....of course....right..." he fumbled over his words. He flew out of the room quickly and waited for her outside. When she was ready he followed her to the Dining room where both Princes were speaking. He caught wind of the end of their conversation and wasn't pleased at what he herd but said nothing as he stood in the corner to watch her. He saw Sanya doing the same thing....so she really was a Guardian....they both took this upon themselves to lay their lives down for these two Royals. Dakath had never seen Joegen before although he had herd of him and his wealthy family...one of the princes's of the vast land.

"Sweet sister!" Kharis shouted at her smiling and getting up to give her a hug. "I hope you are well rested....you remember Joegen? my old friend in the south?" he asked her? Joegen smiled and bowed to her before approaching her. "My my you look as beautiful as I remembered" he said to her. And she was....she looked just like her mother and had some traces of her father too. Joegen took her hand lightly in his and kissed it "Your brother has summoned me to stay here with you....as...as you know your father had agreed with my father to arrange a marriage between us and I humbly excepted." He kept smiling. "But first and foremost I will do everything in my power to get your father back" he explained. Kharis looked from friend to sister hoping it would put a smile on her face.

Dakath coughed an elaborate and deliberate cough which caused everyone in the room to look up at him. He would be hated by the maids of the castle for sure as they were all swooning over Prince Joegen but he didn't care at the moment. "I'm sorry your Highness's but the King himself appointed me Princess Faelwen's Guardian...in being so I must inform you...politely that she isn't a sack of meat that can just be traded.That is all." A silence hit the air for over a minute.Most of the people in the room were shocked he even spoke and some were shocked that he spoke to the Princes's in that Manner. Joegen stood up from where he was and made his way to the tall Elf. "I could have your head for that you know" he said simply. "Try it" Dakath said to him quietly.

"COME NOW PEOPLE COME!" Kharis yelled at them both "I need you both to get along....now if you excuse me I have to go fetch something...if you would please have breakfast with my sister Joegen?" he called as he exited the room."Come Sanya"

Faelwen smiled to her brother and nodded at his question. "Of course I remember Joegen, how could I forget?" Yes, how could she forget each of his motions that garnered so much of her attention when she had been younger. He had been fun to be around, and he was quite handsome, but something about him seemed to keep her from thinking too much about him as a suitor. Her father had mentioned that this southern prince would be her husband should she not find another to spend her life with. She still blushed though as he took her hand in his own and kissed it. She wished that she could have the freedom to just take her hand back, but being a proper princess, she didn't and just smiled to hide her discomfort. "I am aware of that fact, Joegen....and I am quite surprised to find that my brother asked you to come up here to babysit me. You must be one of the few men he trusts." And if her brother trusted him, she had no choice but to comply with a smile.
A sudden cough made her jump. Dakath? What was he doing? His words caused her blush to double. He was defending her honor. But why? Didn't he think of her as a worthless woman that threw herself at a man? Could it be possible that she had just misunderstood his words last night? A happy warmth made a true smile work its way across her mouth and into her eyes. She hoped that Dakath would be able to see how grateful she was for him interrupting. She grew concerned as Joegen marched over to the dark haired guard and threatened him. Oh, she would not have him saying such horrid things. Before she could say something to the prince, her brother had interrupted.
Again a false smile was given as she slowly sank into a seat. "Yes, please sit and dine with us Joegen. I'm sure you'll enjoy our food, my brother sure does." she added at the end. She thanked the servant as they brought her a small breakfast. After her brother exited, she decided to speak again. "Dakath, please go get breakfast for yourself as well. I know you haven't eaten much since yesterday afternoon." Part of her hoped that he would stay and dine here, but that wouldn't be very proper.

Sanya glanced up momentarily as Faelwen and Dakath entered. She listened quietly to the whole thing. Her jaw dropped though as Dakath spoke so sternly against the prince. He could be killed for that! She looked around to find the other maids horrified at the comment, and looking rather jealous of the princess. She kept quiet through the entire scene though, and soon followed after the prince. Again she made a clone to gather their packed clothes and take them to the carriage. She added hers as well, intending to go with him whether or not he approved.

Joegen sat across from Faelwen taking out a crisp white napkin to place in his lap. "I am sorry my Princess...I shouldn't have said that to your Guardian...but tell him to mind his tongue" he listened as she told dark haired Elf to eat something which was a little absurd but perhaps it was just her custom.When she had finished he tried to direct the conversation to something else " I hear you are a very good healer, I should like to learn some things from you if I may....If we are going to get married it would good to do don't you think? he asked. The food was delicious and he didn't doubt that it was as the High King got the best meat, fruits and vegetables around.A solider appeared and whispered in to Joegen's ears that Kharis had left leaving a huge smile on his face."So Princess....since your brother has left me in charge of you and his subjects I will do all I can to ensure everyone's safety...." he smiled up at her "And no I will not be babysitting my future wife just keeping her safe....therefore I expect every morning and evening you have breakfast and dinner with me....you cannot leave castle grounds....failure to do what I ask will have dire consequences..." He said to her in a slithery tone. "Are you threatening the princess?" Dakath snapped.
"This is between Royals...a swine like yourself has no place to even speak...when I am married to her she will have to follow what ever I say anyway....why not start now?" he laughed.

Dakath wasn't laughing....and he didn't like the Idea of Joegen being left here to Man the Castle, he wanted to leave but he couldn't...he didn't trust him with the princess as well. She seemed busy trying to keep up her etiquette and manners by smiling with him but Dakath wasn't smiling.He watched the Prince from his corner.If he gave Dakath any reason to he would spill his entrails over the floor, he hoped he was just pulling an act in front of him just because he could and nothing more.

Prince Kharis was already in his carriage and watching his home Disappear in the trees. He already missed it and his sister but it was for the best.He had faith in Joegen and his Guards to do their job and keep her safe.She would find out soon enough that he was gone and probably not coming back for a long while. Sanya was beside him in the Carriage as they went a long.It seemed she really would go anywhere he was going "I'm sorry to have to drag out to do this" he confessed to her. "I have never left the city before....have you seen the world?" he asked her curious.He never really asked about her past....what she did before she came into his service, suddenly he kind of wanted to know but wasn't so sure how to ask so he kept his mouth shut instead.On and On and On they went until it was almost nightfall when they reached a little clearing in the woods and set up camp. Kharis didn't know how to light a fire at all but he did bring water. "Sanya...how do you make fire?" he asked and half demanded.

"I am not sure what I would be able to teach you...most of it is names and uses. I believe you would find it a rather boring task." Honestly she didn't want him anywhere near her greenhouse or room. And the way he asked...it made her stomach churn. She quietly ate as he laid out his demands. It would seem that she wouldn't be allowed to pursue an herb she didn't have. Maybe she would send a few servants out to find her new plants. Breakfast, and dinner with him. Thank god he didn't ask for her to wake next to him and fall asleep beside him. She wasn't quite sure if he would have, but then she would have had to answer no. She gulped down her bite of food as he mentioned consequences. Oh, no...what would he do to her if she didn't to as requested... She didn't have time to think on that as Dakath again came to her rescue in the matter, and once again Joegen snapped back.
Fae didn't have someone to interrupt this time though, and she didn't wish to allow anyone berate any of her servants. "Joegen. If you would please, refrain from using such fowl language when there are women present. It is not fitting for a man of your ranking to even be bothered by something that comes out of the mouth of a servant." Here she smiled slightly, almost teasingly in a way. "Unless it really bothers you that my guard is simply doing his job as ordered." She continued eating quietly, not quite sure how the man would respond to that. Perhaps he would enforce that punishment. If he did though, she was sure she'd never regret her words.

Sanya smiled slightly as the scenery melted away through the carriage window. His sudden question caught her off guard. Was he really taking an interest in her life? She slowly shook her head, "No, I've only seen a few villages around the capitol, not much." She quietly wondered at it for the remainder of the trip. Did he find her interesting? Or had it just been an odd question that occurred to him. Both were flattering, but she hoped it was because he'd taken an interest in her. The ride was peaceful, aside from that. I only seemed that mere moments passed until they stopped in a clearing.
A smile lit her face when he ordered her about a fire. That was the prince she knew. "If you wish to learn, Sire, I will gladly show you." With that she set about making a stone ring, and clearing the area around it of dried or tall grass and flowers. Then she gathered some kindling to lay at the bottom. Larger stick and branches were placed close by. She took out her tinder box, and showed him how to strike the flint together, and cultivate a spark thereby creating a flame. This flame was placed in the kindling, and larger sticks laid on top in a cone fashion. It didn't take long at all for the fire to be blazing merrily.

Joegen pursed his lips together at her retort. She didn't approve of his jest to her servant and it seemed he was falling from her graces slowly with every word he uttered.He hung his head and finished his food in silence and at the corner of his eye he could see the tall Elf who was watching the both of them intently.He cleaned the corners of his mouth lightly "The herb names will suffice for now....I have learned many things Princess but healing wasn't one of them and I intend to learn what little I can...It shall not bore me for knowledge is never boring" he explained to her. "And also I am sorry if I offended you and your servant...I am not used to them speaking out of turn like that" he admitted. "I have pressing matters that your brother left me in charge of...I must see to it that it is done... Join me for dinner tonight" he said then bowed and left the room leaving her sitting there. He wanted to go to the King's room but instead went to the bird room and sent a letter to the south informing his men to ride here at once.If he was going to do this his men had to be around him first...so that he wouldn't be interrupted. They would reach in time tomorrow....

Dakath was relieved when the Prince finally got up and left the room. He didn't want him around the princess ever again if he could help it but knowing her she wouldn't want to upset anyone and would make appearances like he had asked.It wasn't his place to voice his opinion on the matter and she was a grown woman who didn't need to hear advice from a lowly servant... or Guard.So he just stood by her side like he normally would in silence and waited until she was finished eating.The princess seemed alittle unhappy at the fact that her childhood friend was now in charge of the goings on in the castle "My princess" he ventured to speak "I am sorry for speaking out of turn twice this morning....I do not mean to be a burden to you" he told her in an apologetic tone.

Kharis watched her as she went a bout fixing a fire all the while explaining it to him.It was fascinating what she knew about the outside world when really he knew nothing except what was in books.When the fire was done and burning warmly Kharis took out a few preserved meats and handed it to Sanya who would know how to cook it.As the fire danced in the cool air he watched her going about seasoning the meat and then placing them over the fire."It was the first time he noticed how very womanly she was and how careful and graceful she did everything.It kind of made him happy....when the neat had been cooked he gave her a clean cup and poured cold water into it. "Here you go" he said happily, then stuffed his face with his own share of food and it was very good. "Your cooking is excellent and your pretty cute too" he said bluntly "You need to find a husband after we find my father....I will see to it that you are Happy one day Sanya" he promised as he took another piece in his already full mouth. "I bet you never really noticed how pretty you are" he grinned a stupid grin. No atter how tough a woman was they always got flustered when called pretty he thought to himself. "Have you .....ever loved someone?" he asked suddenly serious.

Faelwen continued eating quietly. At least Joegen was a decent enough man to apologize when it was needed. She didn't mind it so much if he would just act like the prince he was. She smiled slightly, glad they had worked it out. "I will teach you what I can then.....when you happen to find the time." Which she still hoped was never. Few people ever entered her greenhouse, her mother and brother had been two of them....she could only recall perhaps one servant that had been allowed in there to care for her plants if she had been sick. Then of course, Dakath had been allowed, even if he never did enter her space. She would do as requested though, she wasn't so much of a child that she wouldn't share the knowledge she held. As he bid her farewell, she nodded her consent. "I will see you then, my lord." Perhaps a little too soon to say such a thing, but it would be true while he was in charge.
Delicately dabbing the stray crumbs off her lips, she finished eating, and scooted her chair back. At that point Dakath had spoke and apologized as well. She turned as she was seated and gave him a small smile. "Please don't apologize about that....I was very grateful that you spoke up. I have been raised to simply accept the orders of those above me, no matter what the thought behind them. I was very glad when you defended me." She stood and faced him fully, her smile never once leaving her lips. "However, in light of the circumstances, it may be wiser if you hold your tongue. I wish that you live a long life, rather than loose it over a silly thing like speaking out of turn. Please though....if you sense that I am being threatened or mistreated in a way I cannot handle as a female, it would do me the greatest pleasure if you came to my rescue."
A small blush rose to her cheeks when she finished speaking. Could she have been any more clear about how he made her feel? That she wanted him around. Of course she could have brashly declared it....but she didn't think that would have gone over well. After a moment, Fae turned toward the kitchens. "You still haven't eaten anything. Please...I insist you have breakfast before I return to my room." She would accompany him of course, just to be sure she didn't cause any worry about him not knowing her location.

Sanya felt overjoyed to be able to show the prince how well she was able to survive out here. She wasn't just some maid, but a woman who could handle a woman's life alone. It made her happy to do this for him. The food was plated just as a glass of cool water was handed to her. Sanya blushed slightly as she thanked him for it. Since when did he serve her? She could have gotten a drink herself.... Kharis seemed to eat as usual afterwards though, causing Sanya to simply log the act away as some random act he felt he could do. Again she thanked him when he complimented her cooking, but when he said she was pretty.....Sanya had to remember to breathe in that moment. He thought she was pretty? Gods she must be as red as an apple now. Just when she thought she wouldn't be able to be embarrassed more, he began speaking of finding her a husband. She wasn't sure what to do. Of course she was flattered, but could she honestly say that she only wanted to serve the prince? Finding another man to serve felt wrong somehow.....who else would be there to enjoy her cooking?
His last question nearly made her choke. She quickly took a gulp of water, wishing she could douse herself with water to put out the fire in her cheeks. Where did that question come from? Why did he suddenly take an interest in her? The hidden affection for him poked through, and urged her to just state the truth. But she couldn't, it wasn't right...her love. She took a few breaths before carefully answering. "I believe I have....and I still am in love with that person...." Her mind told her that would be an appropriate answer. "May I ask why the prince has found an interest in a lowly maids life?"

He bowed respectfully at her when she explained that it would be wise to keep his mouth shut in the Prince's presence. She was still concerned about his breakfast and he had not choice but to follow her into the kitchen's. There he had a generous meal of toast, large boiled eggs and thick sausages which tasted heavenly. "Thank you...for your kindness" he smiled at her....his Green eyes lowered to her delicate hand then snapped back up again, how foolish he was to again think the way he did. When he was about to direct the conversation to suit her tastes Joegen had appeared out of the shadows once more with a large Grin on his face. "May I have a moment with you Dakath?" he asked him cheerfully. "Dakath stood from the table slowly, his eyes narrowed and he wore a frown "Talk" he practically barked.That was when he had remembered the princess telling him to hold his tongue, he bit back an insult and instead apologized "Sorry....your Highness...of course you may have a moment" he said to him walking forward. "If you will excuse me Princess" he said.

Joegen ushered him out of the room but not before smiling at Faelwen "Since you trust him so much I should learn to trust him also....I will need to borrow him a moment" and left the room. "What is it you need?" Dakath asked crossing his arms impatiently. "I want to show you something" Joegen said sounding very important. "I will have a Guard stand here to make sure the Princess is safe rest assured". And so they walked down the hallways and down some stairs, deeper and deeper under the castle they went. Joegen smiled to himself thanking the God's he remembered the passageways under the castle from playing around with Kharis.They reached a large black metal door and Joegen opened it and walked in first " This is what I wanted to show you...this is what Kharis has intrusted to me while we await his return." Joegen said. Dakath peered inside but it was pitch black so he walked in to take a better look and walked even further when he still saw nothingness "What is this about....I see nothing here" he snapped and turned around to face Joegen but all he was met with was the large Black metal door. He rushed to the door just when he herd a loud click and tried to open it, it wouldn't budge of course, his mind ran towards the Princess...."What are you planning to do!" he shouted "Let me out of here...don't you dare lay a hand on her!" he snarled. But his shouting was only met with laughter. "HAHAHAHA! sooo! It has finally shown its self...your feelings for the princess...she isn't yours to have...." with that he laughed himself all the way up the stairs and it echoed as he went. Joegen breathed slow and opened the Kitchen door where the Princess was waiting. "ah sorry to keep you waiting for so long....Dakath has a small errand to run by order of the Prince.... "Shall we go for a walk? It has been forever since we walked the town together Faelwen"

Kharis grinned his silly grin "You are not a lowly maid...I never thought of you that way or any of the girls in the Castle. You are doing your job's and I hope I have never made you feel insignificant" He said to her.He finished his share of food and rubbed his belly feeling good before asking "What is he like?" It would be interesting to understand his Guardian a little more but it was cute the way she blushed and shifted nervously when he asked these questions. "To be Honest I am and have been interested in someone as well....but women are hard to understand....I cant ask my sister because well.....I'm too embarrassed" grinned and scratched his head nervously. "But since we pretty close I thought I would tell you"
The sun had suddenly disappeared behind a large black cloud making the place go dark. It was only afternoon but you would think night was coming.The birds had stopped singing and it grew very quiet and meek until they herd footsteps in the distance closing in on them. One shadowy figure appeared then two more...they were surrounded by 3 Dark Elf's. Kharis unsheathed his double swords with a wide smile and Sanya having her own back to him, he liked that...alot.

Faelwen only nodded, she couldn't say why she had insisted on his eating. Dakath was important to her. That she knew. His dark hair....how he seemed to tower over everyone....no...just how he had to look down ti meet her gaze. His vivid green eyes...All in all, she couldn't imagine a more handsome elf. She realized that she had been staring softly at him after a moment. Thank the gods she averted her gaze when Joegen entered the room. Nervousness bubbled in her stomach as he smiled sweetly. It was almost too sweet...but why would he want to cover anything up?
She watched sadly as Dakath disappeared from her view. Within moments another guard stepped forward to watch her. This wasn't right. Dakath would only be gone for a few moments, so why did another guard take his place? Just as she was about to try to follow the two, Joegen returned, alone. Her question was answered without her having to speak it.
"I see....have you any idea when he may be back? My father requested that he stay nearby at all times." Ok, so maybe she made that one up, but Joegen wouldn't know that. Of course with the king gone, her brother courage requested that Dakath do something. She nodded quietly, knowing she wouldn't have an excuse for not joining him. "I would be delighted to join you...though, I'd much rather wait until Dakath has returned."

Sanya poked her food around her plate as he inquired further. "I...well...He's very handsome, even if he doesn't follow the normal traditional way of dressing. He's incredibly kind...and doesn't try to take advantage of me. He acts childish at times...but I think that is the best side of him." She stopped there before she made it too obvious who that person was. Her heart sunk into her stomach as he spoke of loving someone. "Oh, I see." So he really didn't see her as more than a servant. And he had his eye on someone else as well. She forced herself to finish her food rather than start to cry. She had been so sidetracked by her feelings that she didn't notice the elves until they were surrounded.
Her daggers were quickly pulled out, and she watched for their first move. Sanya backed up against the prince...mmm, he was warm. She shook her head just as the first dark elf lunged for Kharis. Sanya quickly threw a dagger to hit the elf in his stomach. She had put extra poison on her blades to be sure they would at least damage the dark elves. It was her job to protect the prince...During the fight, she made sure none of their blades touched Kharis, even when it meant taking a hit for him.

Joegen frowned a little "He will be along soon I promise" He took her by one hand and wrapped his other hand behind him in a gentlemanly fashion and kissed her on the hand again.The Kitchen Maid's blushed and giggled quietly at the gesture clearly wishing they were Princess's and Joegen help her out of her seat and led her to the Castle grounds.In that moment he almost lost himself....He remembered when they were young and how much they had played and played.He and Kharis with run as fast as they could while poor Faelwen was still in her skirts and couldn't run as fast. Joegen would climb the trees an call out that he could see his own castle if he went to the very top, which couldn't be true.Then they would jump into the water fountain and splash water on each other...steal bread from the kitchens and release the horses from the stables just for the fun of it. All the while scolding it still made Faelwen laugh and he missed that. "I am sorry for my my behavior Princess...I was in over my head....do you remember when we used to play here?" he asked suddenly when they reached a large and beautiful blossoming tree. "I used to climb as many trees I could just to prove to you guys I was the strongest" he chuckled."

Dakath herd the low beat of dripping water, the place was very damp and smelled of old moss and stale water. How had he not seen this coming? it was only be because he had a small faith in him that maybe he wasn't so bad and just an arrogant prince but he was wrong... he was more then that.Dakath tried yelling and banging on the door and even threw fire from his fists at its hottest but nothing happened to the metal door, not even a scratch.He thought about shape shifting but he needed to reserve his strength encase of if he did get out to protect the princess at his full strength. He sat on the cold stone floor trying to figure out what to do, he would have to hope for the time being that the princess would notice his absence longer then usual and keep asking for him but then again what good would that do? he was far beneath the ground, she wouldn't think he would be down here. Dakath slumped miserably...why was he feeling so anxious? and so fidgety? why was it he just needed to be by her side with or without the rank of Guardian?
No...no...he shouldn't get too ahead of himself, not to mention even if he was gone she could easily replace him with another Guardian.She could get someone who has fair skin and not brown like his own, she could get someone with long blonde hair and not Black like his own and he would be from a renown family and be brave and very handsome and keep her safe..."

Kharis was amazed by her speed and grace as she delt out her poison daggers when they had gotten too close.She was a full fledged Guardian for real he thought to himself as he dealt one Elf a heavy blow between his eyes. Sanya's daggers poisoned the rest but he left just one with out it "I need him to answer some questions" he told her when she went around pulling her weapons out of hearts and heads. Grabbing the dark Elf by his neck Kharis pushed him against a tree "Where is my Father King Arbellason?" he snapped. The dark Elf laughed hysterically so Kharis Punched him three times "WHERE IS HE" he shouted again but was only met with a grin. "What are you after?" he decided to ask now, the dark Elf smiled once more and Kharis's patience was getting thinner and his anger rising "TELL ME SOMETHING OR I WILL BURN YOU ALIVE" he snarled but the Elf said nothing. The Prince forgot that Sanya was even there now and he only got more angry and he dropped the Elf and went for his arrows and lit the end of it in the fire and pointed it right at the Elf's chest. "You will tell me or you will suffer..."

Faelwen nodded, and allowed him to lead her outside. It wasn't like Dakath to just leave her. He'd been a constant companion for two years now...what would her brother have asked him to do? And how could she find out? She looked around the grounds, remembering the happy times as kids. Joegen had been a constant presence here, or so it seemed. While he usually hung out with her brother, he did always look to her to see if she was happy. He had been nice, a good friend...another brother. She knew what she felt for him wasn't anything romantic....but if it came down to it, Joegen would probably be one man she would be able to at least tolerate. She looked up at him when he started to speak. It seemed that he was reliving memories as well. "I do remember...that one time you had fallen out of the tree....I ran over to see if you were alright, and managed to heal the few cuts. You never did stop trying to reach the top."

She smiled up at the blossoming tree. Fae remembered the times the petals would blow across the courtyard to cover her mother's grave. Dakath would stand there an watch her as she wept, sometimes she could find comfort if she held his hand. It was odd, she could see Dakath all over this place, where he would stand watch over her as she mourned or enjoyed the sunshine. He had always been there. Now...now it was just lonely. She glanced around hoping to suddenly see him walking over to her, saying something about how casually Joegen was touching her now. She sighed when she didn't see him. An errand should have taken only a few minutes, what was keeping him? "Do you know what my brother was having Dakath do? It's different when he's not around...." She couldn't admit that she missed him, but she did want to know that he was all right.

Sanya had managed to get away from the fight with only a few cuts, but nothing serious. The good news was that Kharis was entirely unharmed. She panted heavily as she retrieved and cleaned her daggers. Thankfully this poison had worked. It wasn't anything that would make the dark elves suffer, she didn't like seeing any creature in a lot of pain. She didn't realize that Kharis was beating the tar out of a dark elf until he yelled a threat. She turned to look just as Kharis lit a flaming arrow and aimed. She carefully walked over to him, and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Kharis....if he won't talk we should just deal him a swift death. There's no reason to torture him." She really hoped he wouldn't notice how she hadn't used his title again. Could she really be that stupid that she would let herself forget that he was the prince. Part of her was frightened. Usually when the prince was angry, she just let him rant and let it all out, she had never before stepped in. "Please...my prince...don't do this...." And if he did, Sanya was ready to throw a dagger at the elf as well, just to save him a small amount of pain.

Joegen frowned slightly, he was hoping that she wouldn't ask anymore questions about him but it seemed she felt insecure without him running around at her heels. "Nothing you need concern yourself with Princess...as I said...he will be along soon..." he urged in a voice with a hint of annoyance in it.They walked around some more well into the afternoon and by now he could tell the she was worried and antsy. "I will send some people to look for him I'm not sure where he could have gone...." he trailed off barely caring. He tried to change the subject again by getting her to talk about the plants and the names and uses they had, but again he could hear the uninterest in her voice...she was answering out of politeness.He walked with her a bit more until he was really tired "Princess" He yawned "Have you any Idea what the Dark Elfs were after? if not their King?" he asked. It was odd....they had left the Dark King sitting in the bottom of the Castle but have ravaged the city looking for something else.... and he wanted to know.

Dakath breathed slowly through the stale air and meditated. Every time he stopped he would think of her face so meditating was the next best thing for him to focus.Nothing came to him though...he looked for cracks in the wall earlier and any loose stone but to no avail.No light came into room except a torch light on the other side of the door.....Torch light...Dakath stood up and walked to the metal door. Peering through the small bars he could see the torch light and it was on top of YES! Metal! some sort of Metal but it was all the same to him.Slowly he concentrated on the fire before him until it was blue hot and had it melt the Metal that confined it.When it was all twisted and bent he molded it into a blue ball and shoved it into the the keyhole on the other side of the door.It took a few minutes but the metal ended up busting the lock making a small combustion sound. Dakath's eyes flickered as he stealthily climbed the steps into the main part of the Castle.He had enough and was going for his sword now....It had been times of peace for so long he never brought it around him anymore but this was different. He slipped by some Castle Guards and went into his small room which he hardly went into and pressed a stone on the floor with his heel which shifted a few stones aside and revealed his Long sword. He fastened it to his belt and stepped back out into the castle hallways intent on finding them when he passed some windows and glimpsed the both of them under a lovely blossom tree.The Princess looked so radiant....he couldn't mess up her afternoon but cutting the Prince in half no.... that wasn't good of him so instead he was going to appear as if nothing happened.

Kharis was breathing heavily now...arrow still pointed at the Dark Elf's chest, he sort of heard Sanya but he was too angry to move from where he was standing. The Dark Elf smiled again " Trinity....stone" The dark Elf drawled. When an Elf had become dark not only did their appearances change a little so did their voices and it was a whispery snaky kind of voice. Kahris stared at him a few moments before letting loose his arrow.He turned to Sanya and gave her a look of disgust before he shoved past her and went to one of the Elf's she failed to kill. "If you are not with me....you are against me" He said to her and stuck and arrow in the poisoned Elf's chest killing him off. He left the rest and sat down by the camp "Never presume to call me Kharis again" was what he ended with as he put his hands in his face to hide from view.

Joegen waited to hear the Princess answer when he looked up past her horrified. Dakath stood directly behind her sporting his sword and dangling one hand on it's hilt.The wind blew past them as Dakath smiled at him, his green eyes fixed on his then finally spoke up to have the Princess Ackknowledge his presence. "Princess Faelwen...forgive me...I took long in my errands that the good prince sent me to do...rest assured I am back now and I must inform Prince Joegen that I will not ever...(He let the word linger for a minute) Leave the Princess's side unless she orders me to.I apologize for the inconvieance but you will have to find someone else" He finished and bowed to the Princess and Joegen.The princess seemed pretty happy to see him and his heart leapt as he smiled with her for once.
Joegen wanted to scream and yell and hit him in the face but didn't....instead he forced a smile and excepted what he had said. "Pardon me I suddenly feel very tired Princess....I will retire in my room for a while" He kissed her hand once more and retreated to the Castle leaving the two alone.

Faelwen had gone over the names and uses of a few plants as he asked. Each time she asked about Dakath, she got a clipped answer. It was obvious Joegen didn't want her thinking about him. She just couldn't help it. Of course she'd be upset if any of her servants went missing like that, but this bordered on something more. She tried to hold back the urgency and plea in her tone, but it would slip. Hopefully Joegen didn't come to the conclusion that she actually ahd feelings for her guard, for that...she didn't want to know what her brother or father would say. She had been about to ask yet again, where the prince had sent him when a familiar voice soothed her fears. Her face remained calm, though her eyes spoke volumes of how relieved she was that he returned unharmed. As he continued speaking though, a smile was brought to her lips. No, she didn't ever want him to leave her side again. She'd have a cot brought to her room if that's what it took. Fae did manage a small pout when Joegen stated he was retiring. "Good night then, mi'lord. I pray your dreams soothe you. I shall be retiring myself in a moment." She watched him go, maintaining a look of dignity.

That face was dropped after Joegen was out of sight. She turned with a breathless smile at Dakath. Her feet carried her over to him, until she stood only a foot away. Her face was lined with worry, her eyes gazing sadly up at him. "I missed you....What happened? Why didn't you come? I....I was...was afraid you had....left." She bit her lip as she tried to swallow the lump in her throat. Why did that last word send unspeakable pain through her? She stared at the ground for a short period of time to gather herself into her cheerful self again. "Have you been injured? I can tend to any wounds if you like...." She couldn't cry over his absence while she was still in the open. She couldn't show how much she had missed his presence. It hurt to hide this....but as a princess, she had to. Perhaps she would retire....and simply order him to watch over her again. Maybe then she could let out some of her tears.

Sanya had only barely heard the words the elf spoke before the arrow was released. As planned, she also threw a dagger giving the elf a less painful death. She didn't have to look at the prince to know he was displeased. Part of her braced for impact if he were to strike her. She was simply pushed aside though, as if she was no longer worth his interest. He truly didn't care. He never did. Those questions...the interest, it was just for his amusement. She didn't try to stem the flow of tears down her cheeks as he spoke again, his words cold and cruel. Yes, she had known better than that. Perhaps she would get a second chance to at least be an honorable servant of the prince. She silently watched as he burried his face into his hands. She curtsied, forcing her words to remain calm and unaffected by her tears. "As you wish, Sire. It will not happen again." After that, she proceeded to drag the dead bodies out of sight where they could rot in peace. She made sure to clear every sign of a scuffle out of the clearing they would be staying in. Sure it was hard work, but nothing she couldn't handle. Besides, it gave her a way to fight past the sadness and tears. It had been a one sided love...she had to convince herself of that. The cuts on her body stung as she works, blood caked the small areas around those cuts making the fabric of her shirt and skirt stick to the healing wounds. Her mind couldn't think on her own pain right now, she just wanted to be sure the prince would have the best place she could make for him to rest.

Kharis let her go about her business as he tried to think about what the Dark Elf had said. He herd about the trinity stone somewhere before but couldn't put his finger on it.He would have to see the Oracle and ask about it then to be sure and then get to them first before the Dark Elf's did. Before long Sanya had cleaned the area and packed away the supplies and doing little things around the camp as he watched in silence. It was his anger that did this to her and now she wont even look at him...he felt ashamed and didn't know what to say as sorry wouldn't be enough.She had told him she would go anywhere he went and he was grateful for that but what grounds did she have to follow him now? "I...I umm....welll" he stuttered, she looked very sad and was concentrating on what she was doing so hard that is seemed she was holding back tears. He walked over to her and put a hand on her arm lightly "I'm very sorry...that wasn't very good of me....I....I was someone else......I don't deserve you but I really do want you with me." He told her sheepishly. Kharis went on his knees and bowed his head real low "I ask for forgiveness...and I ask that you slap me an withdraw my food if I ever act this way again towards you"

Dakath saw the worry in her eyes when Joegen left them together. He didn't want to upset her so he never mentioned what had happened. "No Princess I am unharmed....just a little errand was all...I am sorry to worry you." He smiled down at her.He wanted to touch her hair and tell her he would never leave, he also wanted to hug her tight but it was all he could do to restrain himself.Instead he stood directly over her and leaned close to her face smiling still.The blossoms blew all around them and the sun was still hanging in the air, shining on her beautiful hair and crown.Her face was just inches from his own and he placed a hand on her cheek "I wont go anywhere...not again unless I am with you Princess." He stood there a moment...he thought he could feel her cheeks getting warm so he moved away from her and rested one hand on his hilt again "Shall we go inside?" he asked her.

Joegen kicked some soldiers and yelled all the way to his room and slammed the door.He had to get rid of that smart mouth Elf for good....somehow make it look like an accident....with him gone Faelwen was his for the taking....Once his men got to the Castle tomorrow he was really going to be on top of the world he thought to himself."Just you wait and see!" he shouted.

Faelwen nodded, purely relieved that he was all right. She allowed herself to calm down. He was unharmed and with her now....she smiled softly as he bent down to lean closer. His cool hand on her cheek felt nice against her pink skin. It was nice to hear his words, hear him pledge that he wouldn't be going anywhere. Her eye lids had been about to drift closed, the smooth touch of his breath against her skin pulling her into a separate world. She would have crossed that line if not for him straightening up again. She glanced curiously at the long sword strapped to his waist now. He hadn't ever carried a weapon before, so why now? Fae quietly passed him on her way inside the castle. "I do believe it is getting late...we should retire. Will you be watching me tonight as well?" The princess tried hard to keep a straight face as she gracefully walked through the halls. Elation at his return was still a keen emotion. She didn't want to hide what she felt for him, but what else could she do? Soon her room was reached, and she opened the door. "I can have a cot brought here if you wish to stay. I can't have my guard sleeping on the floor."

Sanya clenched her teeth as Kharis first began speaking. She couldn't look at him....not yet. She hadn't buried her feelings deep enough....they had to go deeper still. She ignored him as best as she could for the time being, only making sure he wasn't going to do anything to harm himself or create a mess. Then a warm touch on her arm stopped her. The maid did her best to control her breathing and make it appear that she was alright. His words just dragged up those feelings again though. He spoke of being sorry, she could forgive him...he spoke of being another, she could believe him....he spoke of not deserving her, here she wasn't so sure. He deserved a princess, a beautiful woman who could rightfully lay claim to him. He then spoke of wanting to be with her, that broke her. He couldn't possibly mean that the way it sounded. Tears had begun to flow anew down her cheeks as she glanced over at him. He really was sorry. She gasped as he bowed. "My Prince...I....you can't...." She knelt down as well, keeping her head below his. "Sire, please, the one who should be beat is I. I have spoken out of turn on several occasions and haven't received any sort of punishment. It is not my place to hold anything against Your Highness."

She paused, thinking over what else she may say to ease his sorrow. Touching him would be out of line, and using his name was clearly off limits. She could only stay there hoping she was understood. "If it would please, Your Highness. I have already forgiven you...my tears are simply for a silly thought of mine. Please do not stress yourself over it. I shall be well by morning." And she could be. She would use the night to bury this love for her master until it would not see light again. The burning pain of her cuts had melted into a slight ache in her body that was ignored, not until the prince retired would she care for them. "It is late, sire. Please get some rest."

Status
Not open for further replies.