Faye and Miu (Elvin Vale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She fell asleep in the carriage. It must have been an exhausting day for her and yet she was always more worried about him then herself. Kharis stabbed at the meat with a stick and slipped it into his mouth and chewed while pondering his actions earlier, his mouth definitely moved faster then his brain.He frowned and stared into the fire, his skin grew warm as the light danced in the pit spitting sparks here and there.He had no leads and no clue where to begin looking for his father...if anything he should go back home and start the search from scratch...he had been too hard headed in the beginning but now that his head was clear it all made more sense, what would Sanya think of them travelling back home after reaching nowhere in two days? she got wounded by an arrow because of him. The bushes behind him began to rustle loudly which provoked him to snatch his sword and as soon as he did the young Elf from earlier trudged in again. "What are you doing here stupid" whispered Kharis hoping not to wake Sanya. "I was turned back after a couple hours walk....when I had asked for more directions they said it made no sense since the Kingdom is on a lock down....no one can go in our out...something about the Princess is missing." He told him. Kharis dropped his blade onto the grass, his heart began to thump harder in fear as he swallowed what the young Elf was saying.His voice was trembling now but he tried his very best to keep a calm head "What do you mean my sister is missing..." The young Elf's eyes grew wide with more fear then Kharis as he dropped to his knees "No...no...your not....Prince Kharis are you?? she called you Khai earlier...."but the realization set in on the boy and bowed so low his head hit the grass "Your Majesty....oh your Majesty....I am soo soo terribly sorry.....I just happened to hear she had gone missing a couple hours ago and Prince Joegen hadn't come back to the Kingdom yet so they aren't letting anyone in."
Kharis kicked a rock in his anger "WHERE ARE MY GUARDS?" he snapped. This was too much, he had to go back now with nothing in his hand but he wasn't going to loose his sister no. "Joegen will pay if a hair has been harmed on my sister's head I swear it" he snarled.

Dakath held her close and took a finger to wipe away her tears slowly from her beautiful face. "I am fine, I wouldn't have gotten through if I didn't have you and having you is all that matters to me." He held her closer still. Finally he let her go enough to look into her eyes "I read your letter Princess and you are not to blame and that man doesn't deserve you....I'm going to ask you to do something but I want you to trust me." He looked around the room and found a brown sack in the corner "pack your things....we are leaving and going into hiding until we can locate your brother....you are not safe here" he told her. The window was wide open which he had forgotten and he could see some curious Guards watching them, then some yelling and the sound of alarm.The door burst open and there was little Alena clutching his sword in her hands and panting heavily "Here...I will hold them off" the little girl said and shut the door again. Dakath wasted no time to grab the sword and jumped to the ledge. His body changed once more, his talons grew his eyes changed bright yellow and large white wings grew on his back unfurled and ready to take wind, he held out a hand to her "Do you trust me?" he asked.

Sanya had been dreaming peacefully for what seemed to be a decent amount of time. That was, until a loud shout woke her. Her mind was racing, Kharis just snapped at someone! But no one had been here a few moments before, right? She was instantly alert to the sounds of camp, but didn't hear any sign of a struggle. Did they already kill him?! Gods no! Sanya groaned as she shifted herself in the carriage to open the door. The arm that had been pressed against the back of the seat was numb and tingling. The limb must have fallen asleep after being pinned underneath her for so long. Getting out of the carriage proved more difficult than she had imagined. Her body had lurched forward too quickly, being still weak from her wound and disoriented from being startled. Her foot slid forward just in time to make her fall back, and land on her rear on the floor of the carriage. Her heart was still pounding from his shout, but after she got a look around, it was only the young elf that had made the poultice. The maid shifted her weight until she was comfortably sitting down, and not in any danger of falling over. From what she caught of Kharis's words, Joegen must have done something bad. Masking any pain she did feel at the moment, she smiled brightly as the prince turned to her. "I'm all right...I just thought there had been some trouble of sorts. You had shouted, and I wanted to be sure you were alright, Sire."

It was soothing. The warmth that seemed to radiate from his body, his heartbeat, the gentle caress to her cheek. She found herself calming down as Dakath reassured her. He did feel the same way, that thought alone made her wish she hadn't been so cold to him earlier. She followed his gaze to the bag in the corner. Leave? They were running? But Joegen wouldn't harm her would he? Sudden shouts startled her out of these thoughts as she quickly rushed to the bag, and stuffed two slips and an extra plain dress into the bag before tying it shut. Her fear stained eyes softened as Alena claimed she would hold them off. "No, child! You must run to the kitchens, and be sure they don't see you here." Stars forbid the child got harmed while trying to help them. Fae wouldn't be able to forgive herself if the girl were injured. The princess placed her hands on the small one's shoulders as Dakath went to the window. Staring into the younger one's eyes, Fae made sure her point was clear. "Listen, it's important to me that you stay safe. Please, tell no one what you have done to help us, and be sure to watch for my brother. Tell him everything, and only him." Dakath beckoned her to come, and Fae looked up to smile gratefully at him. Her attention returned to the girl in time to tell her to run. Fae then fled to her desk and snatched the letter to her brother. He would know something were wrong since she left off in the middle of writing it. A bird could be found later. The small bag was swung over her shoulder as the princess stood beside her now winged guard. Her grey eyes sparkled with life and love as they gazed into his own lavender ones. "Yes...with my life." She took his hand, and shifted as well. Her hair grew a little darker than it's usual pristine grey, as her facial features became sharper and angled. Long black talons replaced her fingernails as large black tipped wings erupted from her exposed back. How lucky was that? Her maids that helped her bathe actually chose a dress that would allow her the freedom of wings. She was ready. Ready for this next part in her life. This life she had chosen to live out with Dakath.

"There is trouble....but you are hurt so I wont trouble you....but we must leave tonight Sanya...my sister is missing and Joegen must answer for it." He tossed water onto the fire making a large puff of hot smoke rise into the air and finally threw on his tunic and fished around inside the carriage for his warm coverings. "Where will you go?" he asked the young elf "With you I hope?" he sort of asked. "Fine you steer and I will stay with Sanya" and so they did just that and soon they were were on their way back to the castle."I brought us on a meaningless journey and now my sister is somehow missing and that bastard Joegen is off somewhere not protecting her" he said sullenly to Sanya "And don't think I didn't see you struggling to get out of the cart just to see if things were ok...you can't just keep moving around like that...you life is important to you know" He put an arm around her "I hope this is ok....its a bit chilly and I want to keep you warm enough" He pulled her in closely and allowed her to lean against him.She was still slightly pale but much better looking and if she kept still the poultice would do its magic and she would be fine.They cart swayed and bumped along causing the young Prince to fall asleep leaning on his Guard. He dreamt of porridge and hot baked bread while he slept....and then the Dark Elf woman loomed in and he woke up with a sweat. Was the dream telling him something? he wondered. He considered abandoning the carriage and flying ahead only...he couldn't control the form like his land form. Still if he flew there...he would be there by the afternoon."Sanya?" he whispered in the dark "Sanya...I am going to go ahead....I'm going to try my air form and get there faster" He hoped she wouldn't disapprove.

Joegen and his band of solders were coming back from the east not so far away from the Kingdom. He was clad in gold armor and a large helmet just for the hell of it. underneath was her Emerald tunic to match the rest of his Emerald Guard.It wasn't long before they reached the Kingdom, he upon his white horse coming in to such quiet and confusion.."What was wrong with the towns folk? what was wrong with everyone? he thought. It didn't matter, Faelwen was waiting for him at home and when he took his meal and bathed he would send for her.So they marched still all the way to the castle and finally he was safe and sound inside except for the servant who had come forward with the news.
"WHAT" he snapped, Joegen was to angry to speak he just slapped his servant causing him to sprawl on the ground "HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? I WAS AWAY A FEW HOURS" he yelled again. Two Guards came forth bringing a struggling elf girl to his feet and forced her on her knees. "Sir we are led to believe she was aiding the Princess's escape." Joegen looked down at her angrily "What is your name little girl" He snapped. Alena's eyes stung with tears, it was Faelwens wish that she wasn't to get caught but it was wishful thinking....while they escaped they asked her what she was doing and she lied and tried to keep the door closed as long as possible but they took her before she could run and hide. "Alena..." she whispered. Joegen slapped her bitterly and a small trickle of blood ran from the girl's broken lip. "She was my one hope to rule this Kingdom and now who knows where she is gone....your going to pay for this little one" he said. Alena grew scared, all she wanted to do was help but the crazy eye'd handsome Elf had gone mad.

Dakath took her hand and as she transformed they both caught the wind with their wings and lifted off from the window. He herd yelling and angry shouts but they flew faster and faster away from the palace soaring over houses and the rest of the kingdom.Further they went together and soon the Kingdom was covered by forest and they couldn't see it anymore, Dakath searched for what he was looking for, his eyesight now much better and saw it. He led her to the ground and transformed back into himself, it was getting much harder to breathe, he felt so tired but he tried not to show it. "We will be hiding here" he told her as he placed his hand on a gigantic tree and moved it around looking for a crevice and pulled it back which opened a large hole like doorway into the tree."This way" he explained and took her hand to bring her inside. Inside was mostly wooden Items but it was a large space.One large table was in the center, two bed rooms further down, a decent size kitchen in the corner with two knobs that could only mean hidden windows.Four wooden chairs, wax candles, an cooling box to keep food cold and a small study. "It isn't much for now but I was told if there was ever an emergency I was to take you here....No one knows about this except me and the High King himself." He told her.Finally he collapsed into the nearest chair feeling very tired "Soon I will hunt and get us food...I'm sorry you had to make a rash decision like that....this is not really a princess like place." He beckoned her to come to him and even smiled up at her "My life hadn't had much happiness until I met you" he sighed "If I had died in that cell today I would have died happy but regretful...I wouldnt have gotten to tell you how I feel."

Sanya's face betrayed her thoughts, confusion and concern the most evident ones. Why was the princess missing? What was Dakath doing in that case? He should be with her, and if that man was with her, there would likely be no danger with the princess being away. That she was sure. She had been so intimidated by the other guard for a reason, and not just because he was built like an oak. She did understand the prince's worry though, he and Faelwen were very close, especially after the queen passed. Her thoughts were stopped when she overheard Kharis telling the other elf to drive while the prince rode inside the carriage. Again his recent past actions all seemed to point to something that Sanya wouldn't allow herself to believe. It was just a passing whim after traveling together. That's all. She struggled to get herself back into the carriage, and managed with a little help from the prince. They were soon off, and Kharis seemed to be apologizing for taking time out of her life. "Please don't speak like that, my prince....This has been a rewarding journey in itself..." she wished that she would have been able to clarify that, but given the current circumstances it would hardly be proper. Another blush took hold of her cheeks when Kharis gently reprimanded her. She nodded, and understood his concern, but even so, she wouldn't have done anything different. He was her concern, and she would be sure to fulfill the High King's wishes.

A warm weight settled around her as Kharis put his arm over her. Her body stiffened, as if expecting him to begin teasing her about how red her face was. The prince always seemed to enjoy making her blush and stutter. This is just a passing whim...he means nothing by it. It's just a whim Sanya. She found it harder and harder to ignore the presence of warmth seated in her belly. Why had she been doomed to fall for the one person she couldn't have? Her head lay against his chest before she even thought of resisting. Her eyes closed softly as a sigh relaxed her body. "No....i-it's alright....If it ma-makes Your H-highness happy." Her trembling voice hardly a whisper. He fell to sleep first, the steady beat of his heart and shallow breaths soon lulled her into sleep as well. How many times had she dreamed of sleeping in his arms? And now it was happening. Even if he felt nothing for her, she still couldn't deny her own love for him. There wouldn't be the possibility for another to steal her away. Something pulled her from her light rest, an uneasy feeling of sorts. Blinking a few times, she was able to note the pattern of Kharis's breathing was irregular and his body was slightly clammy. She looked up just as he woke. It must have been a bad dream. Her name was called softly in the dark, and she softly hummed in answer. His words made her hesitate. If he went ahead she wouldn't be there if something happened. She wouldn't be able to keep up if she went though. "Sire, please don't....I've sworn to guard your life with my own....on that oath I cannot allow you to do this, and I apologize for being the one to be a burden. If I weren't injured I would have simply gone with you." She checked herself before she began upbraiding him. If his mind were set on this....she wouldn't be able to stop him. "Please my prince....choose carefully. If you will stay, I would be more at ease. But I know your sister means a great deal to you. I ask that you'd go with caution....and not allow your emotions to cloud your judgement. I feel there is more going on than what we know of. The princess hasn't had much chance to reply to your letter...." She brightened at this thought. "Sire, if I may be allowed to offer a compromise." She awaited his permission before speaking. "If, in your flight, you see a raven bearing a responce from your sister...Please return here to read it. Then we may have a greater knowledge of what is going on. Has this pleased his majesty?" Sanya kept her head bowed, being sure she didn't overstep her bounds again.

Faelwen found sleep eating at the edge of her mind as Dakath led the way to someplace he knew of. She was sure it wasn't just her either. Orion had mentioned that a bearer would sleep a long while before being able to wake again. Dakath couldn't have slept long, and he was still healing. She would need to check him again before she retired tonight....just to be safe. Now that she knew the truth of his feelings she couldn't allow him to slip away from her again. Her form shifted back when they landed, and Fae couldn't help but notice a small change in the way Dakath was breathing, he must still find it painful to exert himself. She would definitely check him again before the night ended. As they entered the hidden home, Fae couldn't help but stare around in wonder. This was so cozy....as if it were made for a young couple just starting their....first...years...together....Her grey eyes peeked up at Dakath before she hid her blushing face. Concern drove the color away though as Dakath sat heavily in a nearby chair. "No...it's lovely here....much different than the palace..." A shy smile was brought to her lips, "I like it..." Perhaps one day she would have a small place like this that she could go to on those days when she couldn't stand the heavy palace walls encasing her. That was a nice thought.

Her eyes rested warmly on his face as she stepped closer upon his silent request. Fae listened quietly, her heart swelling with a yearning to always be able to have him well and near. If she had one wish...it would be to live out her days by his side. She brought her hands to gently hold his face as Fae pressed her lips to his forehead before pecking his lips as well. "I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if I had allowed you to die...You fill the shell of a life I had been living after my mother passed. I'm happy as long as you are living." She stayed like that, her forehead resting against his, their breaths intermingled. The princess gently released him and straightened up once more. She had to be sure she had gotten everything patched up, but first the letter to her brother had to be sent. The sooner he heard of what was happening, the better it would turn out. "Please stay here while I finish my letter to Kharis. He should know what has happened. Rest for a while..." And I will tend to any wounds I may have missed after I'm finished.

Faelwen strode over to the study area, and soon found an old quill and a small bit of ink. With it she finished her explanation of her promise to Joegen, and also added that she had escaped with Dakath's help. Her brother would worry if he didn't know she was safe. She was sure to include that they were in hiding until it would be safer for her to return. She gently blew on the new ink, and allowed it to dry before the papers were folded. Her feet carried her to a small window which opened to the air away from the castle. Whistling a small tune into the wind, a raven dropped down to accept her letter. Fae watched as the paper was carried off in the black beak, hopefully it would reach her brother soon. With a small sigh, the window was closed, and the princess returned to Dakath's side. She allowed herself to sink to her knees beside him, enjoying for once being the one at a lower position of submitting. Turning slightly, and raising herself up on her knees, she placed her hands on his chest, allowing the blue glow to break free again. She slowly searched the area for anything that may have been missed. Her prior fatigue hadn't been taken into account though, and Fae soon found herself asleep across his lap.

He knew she wouldn't allow him to go on his own, after all she was his sworn Guard.She did however come up with a clever compromise, if he was to fly and see another bird with a response he was to come back to read it and figure out a proper move.But would he be able to control his Air animal? he thought to himself swallowing hard, it would be difficult but he had to try...for Faelwen at least. "Yes ok I will do that...but only if I see the bird he warned her, If I do not come back then I am at the castle....the guards know you and should let you in if I am inside already." He opened the back of the moving carriage "This is where we part ways Sanya..." but that was as far as he got as a foot came from nowhere and slammed into his chest. Kharis staggered and held himself straight, it was the young Elf who had said he would help them get to the castle.He made for a grab at Sanya but Kharis kneed him in the face causing him to fall backwards and on to the dirt.The horse was running now scared to stop as the carriage swayed this way and that. The Elf somehow caught back up to the runaway carriage once again jumping onto Kharis making hissing noises and clawing at him. He was a Dark Elf! Kharis thought bot how? he never showed signs nor did he look like one until now. He reached for his blade and tried to slice at him with it but the young Elf dodged out of the way and pushed him out the moving Carriage. Struggling on the ground the both of them tossed and punched and clawed each other until finally Kharis stabbed him in the belly and ripped him open. The bloody body rose steam into the cool night air and all over his blade, the carriage was out of sight now and he had no time to call for Sanya's name before the Dark Elf stormed them both.While the Elf lay bleeding on the ground he cleaned his blade on his tunic before sheathing it and looked around deciding what he should do next....and he had made his decision, he was going to fly to the castle. Slowly his form began to change, his face turned into that of an eagle and his wings sprouted on his back...before he knew it he was up in the air soaring high above the trees."I should find Sanya" a part of him was saying tugging him to go back for her...in the end he he went back for her looking among the trees in the direction of the horses foot tracks and wheels.Soon enough he came upon it and swooped down and landed on top. "Sanya? Sanya I am here" he shouted.

Joegen sat in the throne room looking down at three different elves brought to him. His armor was off now but he was wearing his green tunic and had his woven crown resting on his head with a large Emerald in the center of it. The three elves were kneeling in front of him, one kitchen girl a servant boy and a maid was brought forth to him. "What did you see..." asked Joegen to the Elf maid "I had brought her meals in the dinning room is all my prince...I saw nothing more I swear it" she said frightened."And you?" he asked the servant boy " I only took the meals she wouldn't eat away your grace...and nothing more" he replied trembling.He finally turned to the kitchen girl....Alena "You were last seen with her....what were you doing in her room?" he asked her angrily. "I....I had bid her good night your grace...."
"LIAR" he snapped.
"No!" she wailed
"Take her to the cells....she will be beaten until she comes to her senses"
It wasn't long before he had all the able bodied out to look for the Princess...he refused to accept that she just disappeared with out a trace and warned everyone who didn't come back with a clue or better yet Faelwen would die.

Dakath was more happy on the inside then what he was showing on the outside.So....she had loved him all this time, she cried for him and protected him with all her strength and he would do no less for her.Slowly she went down to her knees and pressed her hands onto his chest trying to heal what was left to be healed, when she had finished though she was exhausted and fell asleep on his lap. He was beyond tired now, his body ached in exhaustion and he wanted to sleep but he refused and watched over her as she slept. Her breathing could be felt on his palm and he let her rest a while before lifting her up softly and taking her to the bed in one of the rooms. He layed her softly on the lush pillows and covered her with a light blanket before leaving the room and sitting on the chair once more. Try as he might he was still very tired and slowly but surly he slipped into a deep sleep which he couldn't have know he wouldn't wake up from it in the morning.

Sanya smiled and nodded as they agreed. When the prince opened the door though, he was shoved back. Sanya immediately stood to help, but cringed at the sudden strain on her tired body. Gritting her teeth, she attempted to get a knife into the fight but a sudden lurch as the carriage careened out of control knocked her back. Her breath rushed out of her body as the edge of the seat connected with her tender back. Was she really so useless now? Before she was able to assist again, the two males were already out of the carriage. Sanya tried to ignore the pain that had spread fire over her shoulders. She pushed herself up to the door, but was again thrown back. She had to get these horses under control. Again she was up, and made it to the door. With some effort she had been able to reach the reins as the dangled from the hook that held them in place. "Hoe....boys...whoa...." they weren't listening. Upon looking up, Sanya noted a large tree in their path. Before she could think, she pulled one side, and forced the horses to turn, sending the carriage crashing sideways into the large trunk. Her body was thrown from it's place, and limply skipped several times across the ground. So much for healing.

The horses had broke free upon the impact, and took off, leaving the damaged carriage behind. Sanya could see the object a few feet away from where she had landed. Her chest rose and fell with labored breaths, her back was entirely numb at this point, her body unable to handle the strain it presented. After calming herself enough to think clearly, Sanya did a quick check on herself to see if she had broken anything with the fall. It was painful to move, as if the poison still lingered in her joints, but aside from that, she was sure nothing had been broken. In that case she was lucky. A scraped knee and arm were the only areas that needed tending....As of right now, she was unable to tell what that had done to her back. She imagined that it was likely bleeding again. Slowly she managed to push herself up, and from there stood. Her body swayed as if a gentle breeze would knock her over. A large form was soon back at the carriage, and she attempted to get into some form of a defensive position. The voice was quickly recognized though, and the guard took shaky steps closer to him. "I'm here...I...I think we lost our ride though..." She tried to hide her wincing every time she took a step with her left leg. She must have landed on her knee when she was thrown.

Kharis rushed over to her as soon as she answered and helped her on to her knees. "What is important is that you are alive....look at you....we need to go to the castle where my sister can heal you....that way you can move, it seems like its just going to get worse." He told her holding her up.This time he saw her cheeks flush, it made his laugh out loud "After all this time you still get red?" he asked "Come on...on my back, I am flying us to a spot to stay for the night...we have no choice lets rest somewhere safe. He gave her no choice as he hoisted her on to himself and changed back into a eagle like bird.He had no proper control over his form so he was going to have to make the flight short and sweet. He found a small undercover with his eagle eyes and headed over, when he reached he made a makeshift bed out of the softest leaves he could find and ordered her to lay in it while he checked her bandages.Thankfully she was ok.

Sanya did flush, badly. Why did he have to be so close? It made it hard to breath, or even think properly. "Sire...re-really. It's n-no problem. I c-can handle th-this much." He wouldn't have it though, and she was soon situated between his wings as he soared over the trees. Her mind was still mushy, but she tried her hardest to keep to herself. It wouldn't be like her if she were to press herself into him, even if she wanted to. Something in Kharis had changed since she got hurt. She liked it, but it was very different, and only made her position as a simple servant worse. She was made to sit and the prince went over her bandages himself. "Re-really Khar...My prince. Yo-ou need rest....We c-can talk about m-my injuries to-tomorrow." Her voice tried to convince him that she was feeling better than she really was. It was hard enough to continue to use his title as well. Why couldn't he just leave her be? He'd made it obvious that he felt nothing for her. He shouldn't be this concerned.

"Hush you" he told her. Why was she always so stubborn? He thought as he put back down her shirt.Wasn't he decent enough to help out? He frowned to himself now as he edged away from her "Yeah your right...It isn't my place to even touch you...but I thought you would have gotten injured more....forget it" he snapped a little. "We need rest go to bed" was all he said before trying to make a bed himself with whatever was left and snuggled in for the night. What was he doing? he was prince...so of course he didn't have to concern himself with anyone but himself.He closed his eyes and tried to sleep, there were more pressing matters come morning.

When the morning sun shone through the bushes and into Khari's face he woke up yawning and once again called for a bath. He was met with the silence of the woods and the blowing through the trees, he wasn't at home yet and hi anger resurfaced when he thought about his missing sister. Standing up he stretched and walked out of the protection of the bushes to look around when he saw a small raven hopping back and forth with a letter in its mouth."SANYA!" Kharis shouted excitedly "Its a letter from Faelwen!" he grinned waving it around, her wax seal glittered in the sun.He rushed to show her and opened the letter so they could both read and soon, his face dropped as he read the explanation.The only good news was that she was hiding away with her servant and that Joegen seemed to be taking over.He crunched the message in his hand "Once we eat we leave" he told her and proceeded to search around for dead wood and leaves for a fire.
When they had finished eating he forced himself to change form again "Are you going to be stubborn and walk or climb on my back?" he asked.

Sanya woke early, as she was used to. Slowly she pushed herself up, wincing at the pain of her back. Now that she had the benefit of daylight, she pulled her shirt off, and examined her arms and what she could of her legs without being too indecent. She was bruised more than anything. Small scrapes were left on her upper arm and her knee. With a small sigh, and biting back a groan, she stood and limped out of their hiding place. She had heard running water last night, and it would be helpful to wash away some of the grime. Her trek was a slow one, but worth it in the end. She looked around to be sure she was alone, and took off her torn clothes and the bandage around her chest before easing herself into the water. The cool liquid felt wonderful on her arrow wound, which was actually closing nicely. In a couple days it would only be a scar. Finally, thinking Kharis would be up soon, she stepped out of the water, and slipped her dry clothes over her wet body.

SANYA

His shout came just as she was slipping her shirt on. She left the fabric to settle itself out, and gathered the dirty bandages. As quickly as she could she jogged back to him, only to find him excitedly reading a letter. Peaking over his shoulder she too read it, and found herself gasping at this turn of events. So...the stones were placed in people...who were the other two then? One of them almost seemed to describe the princess herself, but Sanya didn't want to worry Kharis anymore than he already was. His orders came out as a growl, and Sanya jumped to obey. She hurried with breakfast, ignoring the fact that her damp shirt may have been see through. The prince was in a hurry, so she would do her best to hasten as well. Again she hesitated, pondering if it would be proper for him to carry her. No! It wasn't proper. Why was she even thinking that? His reputation and honor would be smeared if he returned to the castle carrying a mere servant girl. "I-I'm sorry, Sire...." She painfully knelt down to bow. "If-if your Highness w-were to be caught with m-me....in s-such a position..." She chewed on her lip, hoping he wouldn't be angered at her choice. "I-I can't stain y-your honor...like that." She remained on her knees in front of him. Either waiting his approval of her traveling alone in her condition, or waiting for his wrath upon her refusing his help yet again.

Faelwen sighed softly as her mind slowly returned to the world of the waking. Her eyes fluttered open as she looked at her surroundings, wait...this wasn't her room...She sat up quickly, alarmed at the discovery of a new area. Her body relaxed as she remembered running away from the castle. But she had fallen asleep on....a hot blush rose to her cheeks as she recalled being to tired to move from Dakath's side. He must have carried her here then. She noted her bag in the corner, and a sleeping robe hung on the peg. Hmm, perhaps she would just slip into that...it would be more comfortable. That idea was quickly shot down as she reminded herself that she was alone with a single man. It wouldn't be right for her to step out of the room in just that. The princess smoothed down the wrinkles in her dress and quietly stepped out into the main room. Her first area she expected to find Dakath was the chair he'd been in last night....if not there, she would see if he happened to be in the other room.

Kharis had enough of it, he turned on his heel to face her.She was kneeling on the ground and not looking at him in the face like a normal servant would. "What is wrong with you?" he snapped harshly "If I do something nice its always the same answer with you....I'm a human being before I'm a prince...when are you going to realize that? I'm no scum bag Sanya...the amount of times I ignore your lack of clothing, your face turning the color of a tomato, your constant will to distance yourself from me..." He stopped for a moment to calm himself "If you can't see that your important to me too then forget it" he waved a hand to show he didn't care anymore. He should have known better then to get to close to anyone...every time he did some disaster would happen anyway....Joegen....his first love...it was something that couldn't be avoided and if she expected him to be all the prince he could be, cold and cruel then he would oblige. "Stand up" he told her "We are leaving" His bird form was at the ready but this time he didn't wait for her to protest he lifted her under his neck and sky rocketed to the clouds. He knew he would only be able to fly for about an hour before they walked so he took advantage of it and flew as fast as he could.He could feel him self changing...a couple days away from the palace and he already ceased to be a joyful joking Prince he had always been. Thinking about it made him sad but it was no good to change now at least not until he saw Faelwen.

(Dakath is still asleep)

If you can't see that your important to me too then forget it

Sanya felt her stomach drop at those words. What had she done? After being so caught up in her own feelings for him, she had lost sight of what he was feeling. Why didn't she see that before now? He was hurting, and she was being two faced. Comforting him when he wanted it, and then pushing him away when she needed help. The way she had been treating him changed.....that night he told her that he loved another woman. True said woman died...but had that really hurt her enough for her to be so cruel? I'm sorry... It's what she wanted to say. It was only because I tried to only think of you as my master...I... Any justification of her actions now wouldn't help her case. She'd pushed him to hard, and broke that one tie of friendship they had. As ordered, she stood, feeling as if she should just curl up and die. In her haste to forget her own feelings, she ruined what she did have with him. Without the ability to say a word otherwise, he lifted her up, and held her while he soared over the land. She was glad her body was sore now, it gave her an excuse to shed tears.

They flew on for a little over an hour before landing. Sanya waited to be released from his hold before turning to walk quietly a few steps behind him. This was her place, in his shadow. She had been trying to serve him this way the entire time, and now that she was here, she didn't like it. It hurt. To see him so different from his usual cheerful self. Was she the one to cause that? Had she forever driven away the gentle prince she fell in love with? She continued to walk behind him as a proper slave would, silently, head bowed, and regretful of everything she had done. She hadn't been given permission to speak at the moment, and Sanya was sure she would need it before she said a word. It wouldn't make his view of her any better if she began begging for forgiveness.....or would it? Should she take that risk? What if they were attacked on the road? Could she live with herself if something happened to either of them in a battle? No, she wouldn't be at peace then. But she couldn't very well just confess her love for him either. "I'm sorry..." She spoke quietly, looking up at the back of the man she had once called her crush. Would he strike her? He had said he wasn't scum...but now...after she treated him as such...perhaps his gentle nature had been chased away as well.

Faelwen smiled as she spotted Dakath sleeping in the chair he'd been in last night. She quietly walked over and gently pressed her lips to his forehead, whispering a quiet, "Good morning." Perhaps she would make their breakfast today? Hmm, she didn't have much experience in the kitchen, but hopefully it would be enough. She walked over to the ice box and found some fresh fruit. That would be good, so she pulled it out. Maybe if she were able to find some bread...oh....that would probably have to be baked. The fruit was set on the counter, and Fae began her search for ingredients for bread. But would she be able to produce something? Her studies hadn't included home economics, as a princess she hadn't needed any of that.

Kharis herd her apology though it sounded almost like a whisper.He smiled to himself.So....he couldn't stay mad after all could he? He spun around walking backwards now and facing her "I am still mad at you" he said in a whiny princely voice "You have got to make it up to me somehow" he told her pushing his nose into the air. If she was apologizing he wanted to make sure she was sincere about it. He smiled and winked at her "Now that's enough of your silliness Sanya" his voice changed into a snotty high lord "We have a mission to accomplish, you can start making it up to me by trusting me" He grinned again. He was happier this way, teasing her when he could and laughing at her antics. It wasn't long before they came across the village that had been attacked, the farmers and simple Elf maids were busy rebuilding what was left still and he spotted the young female Elf who was granddaughter to the Oracle. "Hey!" Kharis called to her. She waved back happily and ran to him in a huge hug "You came back!" she smiled up at him. "Yes we did, I have urgent business back home...might you have a horse?" he asked. "Yes!" she pointed the way "That way...pick your favorite I will come with you!" she bubbled."She turned on Sanya "I hope you are doing well....The Oracle knew you were coming...go speak to him" She told her and led Kharis away.

Kharis was brought to the stables, the only places the Dark Elf's didn't damage and looked at the pickings. He decided to choose a regular horse and left the best ones to the villagers."That girl would die for you" the young elf said to him quietly "I can see it in her eyes....my grandfather says she might be the end of you" She said darkly. Kharis raised an eyebrow curiously at her "What makes you think I wont die for her?" he asked. "Oh because your a prince....she is supposed to die for you....your a highborn and she is low" The girl explained. He pondered that a moment "Yes...I suppose she would die for me but I wont let her....Ive known her for over 2 years now and she is my closest friend" The elf girl wrinkled her nose "Prince's do not keep lowborn friends." Kharis laughed "I suppose not". The young elf frowned knowing it was useless to speak to him like this "well I will get your cart ready my Prince" she said and turned to leave.

The Old Oracle was seated on a comfy chair when Sanya had appeared in the doorway. She looked much better then when he had seen her last. "My child..." he coughed " I hear you are going back to the palace....I urge you not to go...for your own good an the Prince" He told her. "There is a dark force arising from the North...I can feel it and It isn't safe for you to be there" He took a feeble hand and stuck it into his robes to produce a power like substance and threw it feebly into the fire next to him. "Look into the fire child" he beckoned her over " Prince Joegen has acquired one of the stones we have spoken about...I cannot help but think that maybe you...."

"OLD MAN! LONG TIME NO SEE!" shouted Kharis barging into the house "Can we eat some before me an Sanya leave?" he asked. The old man startled lost his vision in the fire and nodded miserably at the prince while holding his chest in fear.
The young girl elf immediately was in the kitchens "Hey Sanya...if you don't mind...can you help me here? I mean if your well enough....it is the least you can do other then following the poor prince like a puppy everywhere he goes" she said with a hint of coldness.

Dakath's eyes fluttered open, they felt as heavy as bricks and he felt so weak.What had happened to him last night? he thought as he made to get up slowly. He looked around with groggy eyes and noticed the back of Faelwen busying around in the kitchen.He stifled a laugh which was threatening to come out, He knew she couldn't cook but it was cute of her to try anyways. He stood up and crept closer to her, her hair smelled wonderful and her neck was slightly exposed as she went about her task.He kissed her lightly on her exposed skin and slipped a hand around her waist "Thank you for last night my Princess, I feel a lot better thanks to your healing" Her warm and soft touch brushed against his own muscular hard one. He didn't want to let her go, he closed his eyes trying to see a life with the both of them in it without being chastised when the Dark elves faces loomed in and the pain of the removal of the trinity stone etched into his brain. He jumped back as if he got stabbed by something letting her go quickly. "Princess...explain to me this Trinity stone ordeal....I regret to say I haven't been listening when it was brought up with you Joegen and your brother and the time when we saw the old Wizard....forgive me.

He listened intensively at what she had discovered and what was said and when she was finished he had a horrible feeling in his gut.He was the first of three...and they were hunting for the other two stones.They need a royal's blood to do the extraction he herd her say and for a second he almost knocked her over grabbing hold of her shoulders "Tell me they didn't hurt you while I was down there? Tell me princess....TELL ME THEY DIDN'T CAUSE YOU TO BLEED"
That was how they did it...they had acquired her blood or.....Kharis...he could have been in a fight recently and they took his blood without knowing or even...The High King himself...what if he was locked away for this exact purpose. Then there was that unusual link with the stone and its bearer.He stared at Faelwen for a very long time before he realized it......She had one of the stones.

Sanya felt a small blush rise to her cheeks when the prince suddenly spun around. His energy was contagious, and she soon found herself smiling back. "Anything you desire, my prince." He would give her another chance. That thought alone made her heart soar with happiness. His second tease made her giggle a little bit, "Yes, sir." This was the prince she missed, and he hadn't been lost. The soreness of her body was forgotten in this upbeat pace Kharis set. Sanya found herself grinning stupidly as they entered the village. The instant the she-elf embraced Kharis, her smile faded and her eyes went dull. That's right...they were only back to friends now...She couldn't do anything about other women fawning on him.

Sanya watched as the girl led Kharis away before she walked toward the house. Why did she have to get so jealous over the prince? He shouldn't like his servant that way anyway. It would be improper. She forced the thoughts away as she entered the oracles presence. His words were of warning. How could she find a way to convince the prince to abandon his quest? The vision concerned her most. If it were true, and she were one of the stone bearers...then she was a causing more danger to come to the prince. Her gaze dropped to her lap as the vision disappeared. What would she do? The she-elf called out to her, causing the guard to instantly look up and quickly follow after her. Yes, this was good to be doing something. She quickly helped cook a small meal. " Thank you for caring for us. It is a huge help."

Faelwen had been trying to think of a recipe. She had gathered eggs, flour, water, and other various items. Something soft pressed against the exposed skin of her neck causing her to blush as a shock of pleasure passed through her. His hand snuck across her middle. Her heart instantly sped up as she closed her eyes and leaned against him. Mmm, his voice was heavenly...especially when it was laced with a sleepy tone. She tried hard not to look disappointed when he let her go. Her eyes were concerned at the tone of his voice. She quickly explained everything she could, even adding on to the knowledge with what she had seen with his experience.

Fae found herself frightened at first when he suddenly grabbed her shoulders and freaked out. She placed a gentle hand on his cheek and smiled softly. His concern for her safety made her feel warm. "Dakath...they didn't harm me. You can look yourself if you doubt my word. You won't find any bandages. I...I think they may be using my father." Her voice quieted as she pondered about that possibility. That could be why they took the king. Not just for information....but for his blood. Tears threatened to fall as she thought about that more.

The young She elf slowly chopped veggies and handed it to Sanya to wash and throw into pot of boiling broth."Yes...its the most I can do while you guys are out there risking your lives all the time...compared to that, its nothing" she smiled grimly. "So my prince" she called him "What noble woman are you going to marry when you go back? who will be the lucky lady?" she asked him curiously. Kharis laughed "I refuse to be tied down to some snotty and stiff Noble Elf...they are so boring....I will marry who I want when I get back" he told her. "The She elf daintily giggled as she thinly sliced some meats to have Sanya sprinkle herbs over. "Then my liege....why not wed me?" she said suddenly. It grew quiet in the room but she didn't stop slicing "I saw the way you looked at me first time you saw me at the well...Have I become uglier since my prince?" she asked concerned. Kharis was shocked but tried not to show it "I..With you? No I'm sorry" he told her. "Might it be because of someone else?" she glanced up at him and he nodded. "How unfortunate" she responded sullenly and gave the rest of the sliced meat to Sanya roughly and began to stir the pots contents. Dinner was soon served and the young elf seated herself beside the Prince and happily tried to spoon feed him his meal. He refused however to her disappointment and shot Sanya an angry look.The old man wasn't pleased but said said nothing as he was still deep in thought about the fire's vision.

Dakath was relieved, if they had done something to harm her he would have taken the prince life or die trying."I think....I believe you might also be a stone holder Princess...." he told her quietly."You can never leave this place until I make sure Joegen perishes...." It would kill him to see her the way he was, he could never live with himself and there was only one way he could think of protecting her."I'm going to go back and end this Princess....with your leave, I must end his madness....if you lift the order of unsheathing my sword.

Sanya tried to ignore the coldness in this she-elf's voice. Surely she must be imagining that. The vegetables were rinsed and placed in boiling water. The guard listened quietly as the woman began speaking to the prince. Her thoughts were quickly darkened as once more a pang of jealousy struck her through. She too wished to know...the prince would need to choose a bride soon, just who was he going to choose. His laughter and answer were just as she would expect of him, it made her smile and blush as the rest of the vegetables were placed in the water. Her happiness was sullied as the she-elf wasted no time in recommending herself. How vain....to have no restraint. However when Sanya thought on it more, she did see that this woman would make a wonderful wife. She was good at all the menial household chores, and much more attractive than herself. Her hands slowed in their task of cooking as her ears strained to catch his answer. Her body was rigid, and her face an empty mask. She felt as if the longer he didn't answer, the more he would see how wonderful this elf would be as a wife. Surely he could see it too. Her heart began beating once more as she heard his answer. She tried not to appear too relieved, but a smile once more graced her lips. She didn't pay much attention to the rest of the conversation as she began cooking the meat.

As they sat down to their meal, Sanya once more felt that pang of jealousy when the she-elf placed herself beside the prince forcing Sanya to sit opposite her next to the old man. It wasn't so bad though, she could have had to sit next to the woman. It seemed that the she-elf found some fault in her as a hot glare was directed toward her. The guardess smiled politely though, already having an answer. "I'm sorry, but the prince doesn't allow anyone to feed him. I believe it may have something to do with his eating habits. Why, he'd need a servant entirely dedicated to feeding him if he wished to be fed as a child." She said this with a fond glance at the prince. It was in no means an insult, but something to jest about and hopefully allow the maid to willingly give up her endeavors. She quietly began eating her own food, no longer bothering to look toward the two. Kharis had declared that he wasn't planning to marry this woman, and that he would choose his own bride. It still didn't give her a chance, but it did make her happy at the moment. Her mind again turned to the fact that she may be endangering the prince's life at this very moment. Perhaps she should separate from him...but her oath. She'd sworn to the king to protect his son. With this stone however...had the king known she was a bearer?

Sanya unconsciously had set her fork back down on the table and been staring at her wine glass. Her thoughts forbade her from eating more. She couldn't be the cause of harm, but he would likely not turn back. There had to be a way to speak with him. He had the right to know. With a quiet swallow, Sanya slowly stood up, and managed another polite smile to the others at the table. "I'm sorry. I will return in a moment." Her eyes lingered on the pair in front of her. The she-elf looked almost triumphant, while the prince looked concerned. "It's nothing....I'm just feeling a little lightheaded. Nothing some fresh air won't fix." Sanya made her way outside and stepped around to the shadowed side of the house. What was she doing? Now wasn't the time to be doubting anything. She should run...run far away. It was the only way to keep unneeded danger from the prince. What would he say if he were here now? Of course he'd deny her. Always so stubborn. It could be why she had become stubborn as well. Feeling short of breath, Sanya leaned against the wall and began rubbing her shoulder. It still ached there, she should ask for ointment to help with the pain there and her knee and back. How could she stand the sight of the she-elf and prince though. They would make a nice couple....he could find happiness here...and she would be happy knowing he were safe.

It was Faelwen's turn to cling onto Dakath's arms now. She clutched the fabric of his shirt sleeves, balling it up in her small fists. "No!" She exclaimed, not giving him the chance to finish. He wouldn't stand a chance against so many....and without being able to be there to heal him...Joegen wouldn't hesitate to kill or torture the man. Her body trembled as tears threatened to fall. "No...don't leave me...I've lost too many dear people. I can't loose you too. Please....just until we have word of my brother, perhaps if they came here....we could find a solution to this." Her mother was gone, and her father may be as well. Then her brother left her side...she couldn't allow him to leave yet. The ingredients for something were left forgotten on the counter. All this talk of leaving was starting to take it's toll on her. If he were going to insist though, she wouldn't be able to stop him. "Just wait a couple more days...you said we were safe here. Can we just stay like this for another day?"

Kharis frowned at her teasing "Heey! I may be a prince but I can feed my self!" he joked with her.As he downed two bowls at the same time only pausing to stuff some meat in between. The food was very filling and he figured he would be able to travel and reach the castle before nightfall the next day.A spoon clanked onto the table and Sanya stood up explaining that she was going to step out for fresh air, he was a little concerned but let her go, it wasn't like her to leave his side even if she was sick so something rubbed him the wrong way. When she had left the Old man shook his head gravely "My Prince...may I advise you not to go back to the castle...I feel your in Grave danger" he said to him. Kharis wouldn't hear of it though "Oracle....my sister the Princess has written to me all the bad deeds he has done...he has not done his duty, not to mention replacing my men and ripping one of those trinity stones from Faelwen's trusted Guard...I am going and that is that" he said angrily. "Ugh I need fresh air too" he snapped as he finished his fourth bowl of food."I will be back" he called as he opened the door to find Sanya, it took him ten minutes to look around the entire farm to realize....she was gone.

The day was getting warmer still as she got closer to her target.Sweat coated her skin making her blackened clothes stick, which she absolutely hated. Closer and closer still she got to her target trying her hardest not to make a sound...her target was of a Guard class always protecting the prince from danger, but the dark elves sent to them were after one thing....Sanya.
The leader had sent them out three times to capture her but none could do the job until he decided to let his elite solider finish the job. She had seen them before...by the stream, she had watched them for awhile until the young Prince noticed her presence and she disappeared from view.Something wasn't right about him though it was the first time she even seen his face...something familiar about him gave her a horrible feeling. It didn't matter now, she was close enough by the house to take advantage of her prey and she meant to do so. The attack was swift and clean.She jumped behind the Guardian and pressed a knife into her neck "Move or the prince dies" she demanded.Slowly she etched around the side of the rocky home and pulled her captive with her all the way to her getaway wagon. Two other Dark Elves were waiting for her not far off and once she was spotted they came over to shackle Sanya to the inside of the wagon so she couldn't escape."Lets go" she snapped at them and the wagon trudged off to the sound of hooves. "Allow me to introduce myself the female Dark elf said taking off her black rag mask to reveal her darkened and sullen skin underneath."I am called Imryll, an elite solder of the Dark Elves...I was sent to get you since my men were incompetent....though i believe you would have been a formidable opponent if you weren't still healing...." She smiled wickedly. "You have something that we need girl" she said simply "When you arrive we will just take it."

Dakath was reluctant but gave in "If her highness wishes....I wont go yet." he bowed "But I will be going sooner or later....I would need to find your brother too and fight along side him, he has to be very angry right now" he pondered for a while.
"well If I am to stay here I had best make my self useful" He kissed her lightly on her forehead "I am going for a quick hunt...my woman needs to eat to keep up her strength." And out he went as quick as a shadow into the forest in search of something to please her. It had been an hour when he got back with rabbit and one hog over his shoulder "He carefully lifted them onto the table and looked at her "I have no Idea how to cook" he told her almost smiling but serious.When she took the reigns though he sat and thought about her actions earlier, how she didn't want him to go just yet...how she looked when she thought her father being in danger and wanted her brother back....he needed to bring her happiness but the only way to do that was to leave and do what he had to to get it.She wouldn't allow him though and that in itself he would have to break past first.

Sanya pushed herself away from the wall, and began to turn back toward the front of the house. She should just go in and tell the prince what was going on. The dark elf behind her wasn't noticed until it was too late. A cold knife was pressed against her throat, and a feminine voice spoke. If this were all that happened Sanya would have easily just put up a fight, but the threat against the prince was not something she would chance. Accepting her fate, Sanya allowed the she-elf to drag her around to a wagon. Sanya was put in shackles and gagged before the woman went on to introduce herself. The guard recognized the face after a few moments. That had been the same elf at the stream! The one Kharis had said looked like his dead lover. Sanya found herself in a rather tough position. In her condition, she wouldn't be able to do more than kill herself. Fear began working it's way into her mind as she thought of what the princess had described in that letter. Would the same thing happen to her as it had happened to Dakath. The princess had been there to reverse the damage with him. Could she survive the extraction? Had that been the last time she had been able to see her prince? Kharis...what was he doing now? It was likely he would still be eating, especially if neither of the two said anything to upset him. What a twist of fate. So it would appear that her feelings would forever be hidden from him. It was better this way though, at least she wouldn't cause him unnecessary pain by burdening him with her love. He would be able to move on. Or so she hoped. At this moment she had nothing better to do than pray to the stars that Kharis wouldn't come to any harm.

That made Faelwen happy. He wasn't going to leave her...yet. She nodded as Dakath mentioned leaving to help her brother. Yes, her brother was most likely taking the shortest route he could to the castle. Her grip on his sleeves relaxed as she calmed down. A hard blush colored her cheeks when he called her his. Yes, they were official now in her mind. Mutual love and respect...if only her father would approve of them...then they could announce engagement. Oh, but that seemed so far away. And she wasn't even sure if her family would agree. She watched him go before turning back to the spread of ingredients on the counter. Ugh, she'd watched the cook make food several times, but was never really allowed to help. Hmm, she'd just have to go on her memories then. Being careful to not put in anything unneeded, Fae began mixing a dough for bread. It looked right, and felt like the right consistency, now to bake it. The more she worked the easier this seemed to go. Memory served her well, and quite soon the delicious smell of bread wafted through the air.

When Dakath returned with his kill, the bread still had a little while to go. Fae felt herself grimace at the sight of the dead animals. It was necessary, sure, but it still almost pained her to look at them. One thing she wouldn't have a clue about was gutting and skinning the animals. Cooking them, she could almost remember what to do. With a happy smile, Fae gripped Dakath's arm. "Can you skin those, and do whatever else to them...I can try cooking them." She didn't want to admit that she really didn't have a clue as to how to cook either. That was a woman's job, to cook. And with Dakath unable to help, it should fall to her. The princess wouldn't allow herself to fold here. Maybe after their meal, they could discuss when Dakath was able to leave. Right now, she wanted to enjoy this space she was able to share alone with him.

The atmosphere was nice, it almost felt like they were newly weds him and Faelwen. He obliged her request getting up and skinning the animals carefully and washing them clean for her, then cutting them up so that she can season them and begin to cook. The large burly elf would look odd to other elves looking in as he didn't look like the type to be in a kitchen. His long dark hair was now up into a pony tail and felt he was in need of a proper bath since the night before was hellish. "I be taking a quick wash Princess" he told her after all the skinning was done "I wont be long" he told her and went into the room which had a deep stone hole in the middle. Water could be poured in from the outside by pulling a small bamboo lift but he had to start a fire to keep it warm enough.Once that was through he sat in the steamy hot water, it felt good against his skin and he closed his eyes a moment just taking in the serenity of it all. Faelwen seemed happy just being with him and he with her, but the danger still hadn't passed he thought to himself, its when he laid himself to rest is when bad things happen. His eyes snapped open something was amiss....something was near but he couldn't put his finger on it. He got up quickly draining the water from where he stood and picked up his sword by the door. Water dripped down his copper tone skin to make a pool on the floor but he didn't care about the mess.The towel was at his waist as he opened the door and called for her "Faelwen" he said loudly but calmly, but when she answered he knew the threat wasn't inside.....yet. He walked out into the kitchen sword in hand slowly etching closer to faelwen who looked at him shocked. The danger he sensed went away randomly and he sheathed his sword "Sorry my Princess...I thought I had herd or felt something close by....I was never going to actually use the sword." But it wasn't that at all....he had forgotten he had no clothes on save for a towel on his lower half.
".........................Excuse me while I kill myself" he said embarrassed.

Alena lay bloody on the floor, too weak to move and was crying. The Prince's men felt no pity towards her though "Little wench....if you know what good for you you will tell us where she is! she is the High Princess...she can't just leave the castle" they snapped but no matter how they pounded her and kicked her, she wouldn't speak. Joegen was getting impatient with her though, but still couldn't bring him self to do real torture to her body so he left her in the cells with one meal a day. Alena sat in the corner, her braid sprawled around her face tucked into her knees. "If only the princess were here...or sir Dakath...I should have went with them...." she wept to herself. Joegen came to visit her today in his long emerald green cloak rippling across the stone steps as he walked. "Hello child...I hope you have some news today?" he asked her brightly. Alena snapped at him "If the Princess were here she wouldn't allow you to do this...You cant do this! you just want her for yourself! shes, good and has a pure heart and....and..." but she stopped gaping up at him. Joegen's eyes were wide now with a sudden knowledge of something she was sure.What had she said? she thought numbly.
Joegen grinned now "Pure of heart....immeasurable healing.....so...Dakath knew" He said quietly "New plan...kill the girl and double the search...I want her brought to me....and since she is hiding...I want you to take mages with you" he finished.
Alena screamed as they came for her and then the steel came down.

Kharis immediately looked to the dirt and saw some foot prints but no sign of struggle? he scanned the area but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.....had she left on her own accord? he thought to himself.No she wouldn't something had to have happened, she was no coward. "Old man!" he shouted walking back into the house "Sanya is gone". The old man reached into his cloak and pulled a pouch of powder from it and threw it into the fire.For a moment he was quiet until he said "They have taken her..." Kharis grabbed his blades "Taken her where?" He asked angrily "To the castle....underground is where some of them reside now....they are in alliance with Prince Joegen." The old one said.That was enough to hear as he ripped open the door, but the old man tried to call after him "Prince do not go to the castle!!" but it fell on deaf ears as Kharis found the horse he had chosen earlier and went into the direction of the castle.

Imryll took her time feeling around in Sanya's clothing taking out her weapons where ever she may have hidden them. It was alot of them she kept and when she was done she threw them out the back of the wagon. "Your life belongs to me now...I expect you will do anything to stay alive....well then just follow my orders once we reach the castle." She said in a monotone voice. On and on they went never stopping for a break, when it was night time though they did stop to water the horses for a while. They kept Sanya chained up inside the wagon though while they ate meat by a fire and could keep an eye on her at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.