Faye and Miu (Elvin Vale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faelwen nodded as Dakath announced his intentions. She would try to have some sort of meal done when he returned. She recalled a few seasonings that the cook used on the meats, and soon had them sizzling away. The bread was finished first, and that she pulled from the warm oven to set on the clean counter. Ah, she felt as if she were running her own household here. It was so nice to do this for herself. She just flipped the cuts of meat what a familiar voice called out to her. "I'm here, Dakath." She called back. Mmm, something about calling to each other so casually, it made butterflies take up residence in her stomach. A small bit of confusion showed on her face as she heard wet footsteps hitting the floor. Surely Dakath would have dried himself. Upon turning she was met with a sight she hadn't even considered. Her mouth opened slightly in shock as a sopping wet Dakath stood a few feet away, sword drawn and in nothing more than a towel. Fire seemed to cloak her body in a hot blush. The first time she had seen so much of a man...she quickly turned away with a small squeak. It seemed Dakath hadn't been aware of his lack of clothing until several moments after.

After he left, Fae quickly fanned a hand in front of her face, trying desperately to quell her blush and racing heart. The image of Dakath's near naked body was burned into her mind. The way his long dark hair hung down over his face and shoulders. The sheen of water on his powerful tanned chest, accentuating the lines of his toned muscles. Oooo, she got warm just thinking about that. The smell of char and smoke wafted into the air, pulling Fae from her thoughts as she suddenly remembered she had left the meat over the fire. Quickly she pulled it off, and set about pouring wine for the both of them, and plating the fruit and meat. Hopefully Dakath wouldn't mind her first attempt at cooking. The bread could be sliced after he emerged. Speaking of which...she should probably make sure he was still coming to eat with her. He had definitely been embarrassed by the ordeal, and she wasn't entirely sure how to approach him now. Pushing those thoughts away, Fae walked to his door and gently knocked on it. "Dakath...I've finished cooking...are you coming out to eat?"

Sanya couldn't help but protest a little about being groped for weapons. Did this woman have no decency? She remained silent, thinking, calculating....how could she escape, what if the prince came for her, did she really want to live? Wouldn't it be easier if she were dead? There wasn't a reason for her to live any longer. Defend the trinity stone. Yes, she needed to do that. The stone couldn't fall into Joegen's hands. She was in irons...it wasn't possible to get out now. She should have struggled before they had put these on her. The guard found herself quietly looking around for any sign of a possible escape route. Just one loophole, that's all she needed. But now her weapons were several miles back, and they were resting in a clearing. She needed to think of something.

Beads of water were dripping on the floor as Dakath stood in the room with the door closed. He had made a complete fool of himself in front of the Princess and didn't want to show his face to her again but he knew he had to get out there.He dried himself off and put on some fresh clothing. A white tunic with black pants and a leather belt to hold it in place.His hair was still damp but he left it alone and it fell down his back wavy and free. The Princess called for him after awhile asking if he was going to come eat "Yes Princess I am coming" he called back. He tied his sheath to his belt, it wasn't very respectful to have a sword at the table but the presence earlier bothered him and he wanted easy access..though the Princess hadn't given her consent to even use it as yet. Dakath stepped out from the room and saw that Faelwen had prepared a generous feast with what they had. Fruits and veggies and herb'd meat was on the table waiting to be consumed."This looks wonderful Princess....thank you" he smiled at her. This is what it was like to be happy he thought to himself "This is what my life would have been like if I hadn't been sent away from home" he told Faelwen after taking some food to his mouth. "I would have had a chance to make a family...but my hair" he quietly "Its abnormal...not even my parents wanted me" He ate some more food and it was delicious, she would improve as time went on and he was looking forward to it. "By the way Princess....your food is very good." Yes he would stay like this like she asked....at least for a couple more days, he enjoyed the peacefulness the snug home had to offer and the fact he had her to himself, he was happy.

Imryll finished her food and sat by the open wagon, she refused to sleep while she had a hostage in her grasp and not to mention a Prince's elite Guard. She was not to let loose until they were at the castle and Imryll intended on just that. Her men tried to stay up but Dark Elves needed some sleep too and soon drifted on snoring loudly and horribly stinking of wine. Imryll stayed wide awake watching her captive strung up like an animal chained and waiting for her fate. Would that Prince boy come after her? she wondered silently, They had enough of his blood for Sanya but when they captured the Princess they would need to take more from the Prince.The Dark Elf King was only getting stronger inside his encasement and very soon will break free from its power, he even gained the ability to converse a little telling Joegen what he needed to do. A baby bird fell out of a tree just in front of her and the noise it made thrust her from her thoughts.She wasted no time in stepping on it until she her a crunch under her foot.Turning she saw Sanya watching her still....so she wasn't asleep yet
"It was the kinder thing to do" she simply said and leaned on her tree again to resume her watch.

Faelwen smiled when she received an answer from Dakath. Good. At least he was still willing to come out to eat. She soon seated herself across from where she had Dakath's food set out. Her smile widened as he complemented the look of everything. "I think I burnt the meat some...and I'm not sure if I got the bread right...I just hope it tastes good." For her first time cooking, Fae had to admit that she was proud of what she had accomplished. It was almost as if married life came naturally to her. She slowly lifted a bit of food to her mouth, and chewed slowly. Hmm, it wasn't what the cook at the palace could make...but it was edible. She soon cut two thick slices of bread and handed one to Dakath. His comment about starting a family...her stomach twisted at the realization he could have begun his own family. She was very grateful for the king to have put the stone in Dakath's body, just so he would have the dark hair. Not only did she think it was beautiful, but it had also driven away other females that may have vied for his attention. But the past was the past, and now, Dakath was hers to claim.

"I'm sorry you had to be put through all that...I really am. But....if you had started a family, we wouldn't be here right now. I'd likely be with some other guard, or even back at the castle marrying the prince." She finished the vegetables on her plate before continuing. "I think everything worked out all right...and...I..." Oh, dear, could she say it? Could she honestly admit that she wanted to be the one who helped start his new family? A dark blush covered her cheeks again as she recalled the way he had appeared earlier. She couldn't deny that she wanted him...to be married to...to love and cherish...to be the one that...bore his children. Her breaths quickened as her train of thought continued down that path for a few moments. She suddenly snapped out of it, and cleared her throat before taking a long sip of wine. Never before had she been attracted enough to a man to even consider breaking her promise to her mother. They couldn't do that, now though....could they? It was still taboo for them to be together in the first place, but...sharing a bed. No, she couldn't ask that of him, nor would she break that promise. Not now. Faelwen left off what she had been about to admit, perhaps he would figure it out on his own, or maybe it was best left unsaid.

Sanya kept a sharp eye on the dark elves. The two men quickly fell asleep, and no wonder. With the amount of wine they consumed, she was surprised they had stayed awake as long as they did. Her eyes closed just a moment before she opened them again. She had to keep herself awake. If something happened to allow her freedom, she would grasp it. A small peep made her look toward what she only saw as a dark shadow on the ground. Hmm, with the small sounds it made she assumed it had been a baby bird that fell out of it's nest. The poor thing. It would be possible to put it back into the nest, but instead, the she-elf stood and crushed it under her foot. Sanya tried not to gag as the sound seemed amplified in the night air. She only glared at the heartless woman. How could the prince see her as someone to hold dear? There must be some mistake there.

Dakath nodded "Yes...true, I am glad it's like this now" he added, there was no sense in thinking about the past when he had a whole future to think about ahead of him and hopefully Faelwen wouldn't be apposed to the future with the both of them in it together. He finished his food and asked for seconds and then thirds, and wondered if his father had done the same thing when his mother had cooked for him before he was born of course until they had gotten distant with each other. "Princess Thank you again for making this meal for me, I greatly appreciate everything you have done for me." He smiled at her.He wanted to spare her the knowledge of him witnessing her random deep blush and changed the subject "I know your a healer but I wanted to ask....do you know any concealing enchantments at all? to hide our living here....I felt an evil presence while I bathed and I think its best we have an enchantment around this tree." He said seriously. Perhaps she had packed a book or two that would help them some or perhaps she knew enough to get them by, but whatever it was he needed to think of something before nightfall. "While you think on that I will prepare a bath for you" he said to her getting up.

Imryll sighed after a few hours before deciding to talk. Her voice was hollow and deep slither "That...Prince you were with back there....what is your relationship with him?" she asked bluntly "Why do you follow him around? the information I have on you tells me nothing but your companions....do you please him at nights? is this your role?" she asked. She couldn't shake the feeling she knew the Elf-male from somewhere but no matter how she racked her empty memories she couldn't remember.She looked up at the shackled girl, quite surprised she hadn't tried to free herself although she was injured and Imryll would probably catch her if need be. "I believe you should know your fate...all Elves should know their fate before they perish." She said in a drawl. "You have a Stone....that the Dark lord needs to get back his strength. We will extract it from you and it will be very painful and you may die if your body doesn't hold up....You will scream and no one will hear you" she stopped a moment to watch her captives face. "Nothing personal" She added.

Faelwen couldn't help but be amazed at how much Dakath had been able to consume. Her cooking was not that good. No way, was it that good. Eventually she wrote it off as him needing energy to recover from his prior wounds. Or...perhaps it was just him being a man....her brother ate as if he'd never eat again in his life. Yet, he didn't gain a single pound. There had to be some reason behind their monstrous appetites. She pushed her wonderings away as he thanked her for the meal, to which she replied. "It was nothing...I enjoy doing this sort of thing for you...." Especially him. She'd only get frustrated if she had been made to cook for her brother, and Joegen....ugh, she didn't even want to think on that. She was very thankful he didn't mention her blush. Stars! What would she have done if he'd asked? Probably stutter and move off to clean the mess she made in the kitchen...again. The kitchen was currently spotless since she had a little extra time to wait while Dakath had been changing. Or could she have mentioned why she had suddenly become the color of a tomato? Well, that didn't matter.

For the moment, it seemed she was being asked about concealment magic. When he explained the situation, Fae found herself appreciative that Dakath had put her own safety above decency for that moment...it was his own way of caring. She shook her head at his questioning. She hadn't learned much magic, and really only focused on the healing spells, or shield spells. Nothing that could conceal their presence. His announcement at starting a bath for her at first made her stand up to protest. However, when he gave her a questioning glance Faelwen dismissed him with a small wave. She felt another blush rise to her cheeks when she noted she knew very little about caring for herself without maids. If she were ever to be able to live life back at the castle, she would be sure to learn these 'homemaking' skills. The princess was definitely wishing she had some of that knowledge right now. As she waited for the water to be ready, Faelwen busied herself with the task of cleaning their dishes, and placing the untouched food in the ice box. This could always be used for a stew later, or something of that sort.

From there, Fae waited for Dakath to return with the news that her bath was ready. "I can't think of any spells that would help us stay hidden...I'm sorry. That wasn't an area that I paid much mind to." And what a foolish decision that had been. Just like not wanting to learn home skills, and being cooped up with her useless scribblings. She had yet to find that one missing piece to her puzzle of the dark elf poison. Just one piece, that's all she needed. Before she stepped into the room, she did take into consideration that Dakath had so far still kept her command about putting his sword away. If he were right though, that would be a large hindrance, and may get him hurt. She smiled up at the taller man. "Thank you for your help. And...I'll lift my order to you...Do as you like with your sword....I trust you with it." She stood up on her tip toes to be able to reach high enough to peck the man on his cheek before walking into the bath room and closing the door behind her.

Her relationship with him? Why would the dark elf want to know? "I am merely his maid..." she answered honestly. The she-elf continued pressing her though. She nearly choked when the mention of keeping the prince company in the evenings. Her face turned a dark crimson that was thankfully mostly hidden in the night time shadows. Part of her crumbled with the truth that she'd secretly wished for that to be the case, but never could be. "No....I'm just a maid...and a guard..." Her head hung in the shame of her own thoughts. How could she possibly be so selfish as to wish for more? She had a wonderful job, and a kind master. There was nothing more that a person of her status could wish for. In her state of mind, Sanya paid no attention to the nature of these questions. She didn't entertain the thought that this cruel woman was once a lover to her prince. The subject changed quickly, allowing Sanya to pull herself out of a weak spot and again keep a poker face. Her own death wasn't something she feared...especially now. The prince would likely be angry at her for leaving....he would find another woman to fall in love with him....and he would be happy. She didn't doubt for one moment that Kharis would prevail against Joegen and the Dark king. But when it came to having no hope of rescue...that did sting quite a bit. Kharis said she was important to him...but just how important was that. She was a maid. Born into one of the lowest classes of the kingdom. Her life couldn't be that important to anyone. Perhaps in some sick way, the stone hidden inside her was her only worth. Yes...that is why she was wanted now. No matter what, even if she were in the worst of pain...Sanya decided to hold her screams for as long as she could. Giving this she-elf the pleasure of hearing her own words come true wasn't high on the guard's list. She wouldn't scream or shout...or even try to escape. It was her own way of revenge on the people who captured her. Though...she also decided that if a way to escape presented itself, she would take it. At least it would keep the dark king from breaking his imprisonment.

It was a relief to hear the Princess tell him that she lifted the order of his sword use. It would be good to use it again he thought to himself.But when Faelwen had said she knew no magic he had to figure out what to do next...yes they had a clever hideaway and if push came to shove he could lead enemies elsewhere but he didn't like the idea of her being stuck inside the Tree house day and night. Still... he couldn't chance it and have her outside at any point and time with out him watching her...she loved to gather herbs so he would have to keep a close eye on her.She kissed him lightly on the cheek before heading to the bath and closing the door shut.A thought crossed his mind as he stared at the closed door....he wanted to look....but turned on his heel and walked away back to the table and chair. Calming himself he took a drink of water, there was no room for thoughts like those right now....he had to remain diligent...besides they hadn't slept in the same bed as yet and he was too nervous to bring that up....he would just sleep on the chair like last night or in the other room he thought to himself. Dakath clutched his sword close to him as he sat back and closed his eyes a moment to rest, his body was still achy and tired from the other day but the bath had helped considerably.Soon he was day dreaming about bath...and how steamy it would be, swirling with rose scents and Faelwen in the middle of it soaking in the bath, her skin a shiny glow and her wet hair sprawled around her lovely face and into the water. She looked beautiful in his dream but he smiled because he knew nothing beat the real thing.

The shackled Elf-maid and answered her first question...she was just a simple maid....why did it even matter to her? she thought miserably.She didn't believe her for a moment when she did claim she didn't please him at nights, for some reason she had a feeling in her gut that he was a ladies man of sorts but the maid could be telling the truth. However the maid didn't answer her last statement....yes it sounded grisly but she thought the girl would have said something or squirmed at least but no...she kept a calm cool look that showed she wasn't even afraid......or was that a facade? Imryll turned her back on her and went for a skin bag and took out the meat they had been eating earlier and tossed it at Sanya's feet. "You need to eat girl" she told her in the same hollow voice. She took out a key and approached her "I am letting one hand go so you can eat....if you give me cause to kill you I will" she told her slowly. She pushed the key into the slot and clicked it open releasing one hand for Sanya to use.

Kharis's horse ran until it couldn't run no more...the beast was beyond tired as Kharis made it run to its limit. "Come on..come on!" he urged it, couple more hours and he would make it to the castle he was sure, but the horse collapsed in a heap, heaving and trying to get up again. Kharis tried to keep calm as he looked around hoping to see a stream or anything in the distance. Nothing. So he petted the horse continuing to talk to it and urge it but it just wouldn't get up, so he had to stop for the night. He made a makeshift bed and huddled against the warmth of the animal as it breathed and fell asleep. He hoped Sanya was ok...as long as Dakath was around his sister should be fine but he had to find his faithful servant and friend.As he slept he thought about her blushing face when he taunted her in the castle, her surprised face when they first met and he was eating. He laugh and her smile and her diligence at always being there at the right time....he missed that.He fell into a deep slumber thinking about happier times.

Joegen was alone in the large room with the Dark Lord still trapped inside the High King's imprisonment. He stood and looked on as he decided what he should do. As the days passed the lesser people of the Kingdom started rioting...complaining that they wanted their true Prince and Princess back to them.It was annoying really... but the kingdom had to be ruled by someone and both had abandoned them. The lesser elves and nobles who had rioted against him and slandered his name had been arrested and some had even been slain by his men.But bigger and more pressing matters were at hand.... the Dark King was moving a little inside his casing and it was all due to the stone in Joegens hand. He had made a pact with the Dark elves to revive their king and he would have both Faelwen and the High Kings throne. It was something he dreamed of so much though his parents told him he was mad, he would prove to them how powerful and smart he could actually be. He stepped closer to the frozen King and the stone began to glow red and as it did he pushed the stone inside the casing and it slipped through with ease. He released and the stone fused with the Dark Lord's Body, after a moment it seemed as if nothing had transpired when suddenly the Dark King's eyes flashed red and his mouth began to move. "Who are you?" he boomed in a raspy and unsettling voice. "I am Prince Joegen...I live in the south...I have made a pact with your loyal servants and wish to break you free from your Imprisonment if you make me High King in a world only you can rule." Joegen Bowed. The Dark King was silent a moment " Agreed" she said to him. "Where are the other two stones..." The King asked. "On their way" Joegen smiled.

A dark elf assassin concealed himself in a dark corner after Dakath had finished drawing the princess's bath. The dark elf had actually been scouting out the tree house earlier, hence the presence Dakath sensed. Of course that had only been a decoy aura. Yes, this elf was very skilled with his power, and often used it to his advantage. He could hide his aura, and manipulate parts of it to manifest elsewhere. Of course now, he was only supposed to capture his target. His superiors would have his head if he were to harm her. Ah, well. That was what this sleeping concoction was for. He'd taken the time to place it on two darts for a blowgun. He was certain he'd only need one dart for the princess...but if the guard found him too soon, that would be when the second dart was used. The man slowly pulled out his blowgun and loaded a single dart.

Faelwen had soon stepped out of her clothes and sank into the steamy water. She let out a slow sigh as her body sank into the bliss of a warm bath. Ah, this was delightful...She allowed any tension to seep away. Unknown to her was a lingering presence in the shadows. She simply allowed herself to soak a few moments and allowed her mind to wander. Unsurprisingly her mind soon settled on Dakath....especially since the shape of his body was no longer much of a mystery. Her eyes popped open as she realized where her thoughts had been headed...them...in the bath together....and not necessarily washing themselves. A wet hand came up to rub her eyes. It was then that an odd shadow caught her sight. Grey orbs met yellow eyes as the dark elf poised for his attack. "DAK-aathhh..." She felt a sharp pain before finding that she could no longer remain awake. Her body slumped further in the water, most likely about to drown if not removed.

Crap! He'd been seen! The dark elf hastened with his gun, and lifted it to his lips just as the princess had turned to call out. At least he'd been able to silence her quickly. The blow gun was tossed aside as the elf rushed forward to keep the princess's head above water. He grunted a little as he lifted the woman onto his back, and got to the window. A sly smirk was directed toward the opposite door where the guard would likely appear. With that, the elf hoisted himself and the princess out of the window, and took off toward the horse and cart he had waiting. He put the girl in the back as gingerly as he could with his current haste, and mounted the horse to move it into a swift canter. He would make sure he were a safe distance away before actually covering the bare girl behind him. It wasn't as if it mattered to him if she were exposed. However, he'd likely get reprimanded harshly if she were brought back like this.

Sanya simply looked blankly at the meat thrown at her feet. She didn't feel hungry. A small smile was quickly hidden as her arms were unbound. Hmmm, so it seemed the dark elf had some of a heart. Perhaps that would be a weakness she could exploit later. For now, Sanya simple bent down slowly to pick up the piece of meat that was tossed to her. She ate very slowly...watching for any moment when she could possibly have an advantage. The ache in her knee was still there, but with a bit of movement, she was sure that running wouldn't be a problem....then if she used her ability, she'd have a stunt double to possibly loose at least two of the elves. Perhaps....perhaps if she shifted at just the right moment into one of her animal forms...she could loose the chains all together. Her bird form would be the best option...but that would need to wait until just the right moment. She didn't entertain any thought of what would happen to her arrow wound if she suddenly shifted forms. Right now, she saw a way out, and that was enough.

Dakath felt as though he rested enough, though it didn't look like Faelwen was ready to come out yet. He wasn't really sure what he should do while she was bathing so he grabbed their clothing's and barrel and decided to wash them clean and then lay them out so they could dry.Upon filling up the basin with water and stuffing the clothes into it to soak he thought he heard his name being called.Odd...he was sure she wouldn't call him while taking a bath, she was very modest and he just couldn't see it, though if that was her she might have need of something like more wood for the fire that heated the large bath. He got up and walked over to the door and knocked on it lightly "Princess....did you call me?" he asked. It was silent "Ahem...princess?" he asked as he knocked a little louder and raised his voice...nothing.He swallowed nervously and pushed the door open a crack trying his best not to deliberately look straight at her encase she was stark naked. But the Bath water was still and unmoving...no one was there.He pushed the door wide open now frantically and scanned the area, she was no longer in the Tree house....her presence completely wiped from his senses. But how did that happen? he was an elite Guard for a reason...and now he had lost the woman he had sworn to protect. He checked around the area for some sort of clue, no signs of struggling....but her clothes and towel were hanging near by....dry...they took her naked he realized in shock.She would be at the castle for sure but there was no way he could get in without having to fight his way through....it would sadden her but he had to do it. The two days of bliss was over just like that, now he had to find her no matter what. Dakath walked to the door and ripped it open with brute strength.The fact they had taken her and hadn't bothered to clothe her was making him very mad.The coward who had to sneak in to get her would receive a death like no other he thought to himself as his eyes changed color and whiskers began to form on his face.His teeth were becoming larger and pointed almost giving him and over bite.His skin was getting striped and finally he was ready to go. He flew out of the Tree running as fast as he could...This time he was going to put an end to Joegen.

Joegen grinned as he twirled two golden spheres in the palm of his hand as one by one his men had presented him with a new Noble or peasant who would complain about what was going on in the kingdom. Joegen never really cared about the petty things that happened though it was his job to listen and then send them away."I'm thirsty...Complained Joegen...bring me wine." He called. The beaten an bloody Alena had come out slowly and shamefully with a pitcher of Wine in her small hands. The Guards began to laugh but the servants kept their heads bowed making no noise. Instead of killing her at the last minute he decided he wanted to shame her instead and had cut her beautiful long hair clean off leaving her with her hair up to her ears.She shook as she poured the wine into his goblet careful not to look at him as she did so and scrambled back to her corner. What was taking that Elf Imryll? he thought as he sipped his wine and the next peasant came to drone on about something.

Imryll watched her closely. If she was smart she wouldn't try to run away but looking in her eyes told her she might be in for it. They were just a couple hours away from the castle and she wanted to get moving again, So she approached the little maid girl and grabbed her by the other arm roughly. "I do not like the way you look around the wagon or at me little one "she said to her.Imryll wasn't one to smile or anything, she had such a dead an miserable sullen face it was easy to feel miserable just looking at her. "So you wont get any Ideas..."she said simply as she took out a small jagged dagger and stuck it into Sanya's thigh slicing through flesh like meat and then took it right out. "Now....try to run" she coaxed.

Ah, the prince would be so thrilled to have this woman back! The dark elf smiled to himself as he rode on. He had stopped a couple moments ago to slip the bare woman into a night gown of sorts. It was entirely back with lace around the edges and a red ribbon woven into the lace of the neckline to allow it to either be pulled over one's head or simply allowed to slid down the body after the ribbon were loosened. Truly a treat for Joegen. The elf wasn't so sure why the light prince was so obsessed with her though. She wasn't that pretty, he'd definitely seen better forms. With a shrug the dark elf drove on. Imryll was likely heading back to the castle with her catch as well. Hmm, he'd probably be behind her whether he tried to catch up or not. Even if he were a little late, the beauty in the cart behind him was likely enough to lift any sort of punishment.

On he went, unmindful of the sleeping woman behind him. Any road blocks were quickly moved out of his path by the emerald guards. He would be making good time to the palace, able to arrive withing a couple hours should everything go smoothly. His nerves about possibly meeting her most likely angered guard vanished after they past the first couple blocks. He was definitely moving too fast for that black haired elf to catch him now. On to the palace, and on to see Joegen's reaction upon seeing the princess in such seductive garments.

Sanya gritted her teeth as she was roughly grabbed. Ah, she'd been too obvious then. It looked like escape wouldn't be possible until this woman had her back turned. She saw the flash of a blade, but still couldn't prepare herself for the fire that sliced through her leg. Tears instantly lept to her eyes as she struggled not to cry out. Her body bent forward, but was quickly brought upright as the knife was roughly pulled out. A sudden intake of breath had her choking on what had been in her mouth. Red soon coated her skirt as she bled out. Recovering from the inhalation of food, Sanya tried to work quickly to bind her leg. She wasn't sure exactly what that knife had cut through, but she did know leg wounds like this could be fatal. Running now was out of the question.

It was dawn by the time Imryll could see the outskirts of the Kingdom in the distance. They were close to the castle now and she was getting anxious, the maid girl was injured inside which was good for her because she hadn't felt like chasing anyone and at least she brought the girl alive which was better for retrieving the stone. The wagon rolled along for a while until they reached the gates of the city and were chauffeured in,up to the castle gate they rode and finally Imryll jumped out of her seat to face the Prince. "My Prince she said with a weary voice, I have brought the maid girl who posses the stone... she hadn't caused any problems and Prince Kharis didn't know we took her" She said in a drawling voice.
"Good good" Said Joegen happily as he came to inspect the captive.He drew back the draped on the wagon to reveal the little Maid who had followed his friend everywhere he went without hesitation. "Well girl....Prince Kharis will not suspect that I have taken you so do not expect him to be coming for you anytime soon." He stated simply
Imryll bowed respectfully when he came near "Good job Imryll you may take her down to the cells and prepare her for her purifying." Was all he said before he turned and left them there. "Come" Imryll said as she yanked at her chains and opened them with her Keys "Lets go. Her two henchmen held on to poor Sanya as she limped with her hurt leg all the way inside and down into the depths of the castle where she couldn't be seen. Alena watched as they took the poor maid to the dungeons, she remembered her always by the Prince's side, always so reliable and so diligent...what had happened? she wondered.

With the Horse Well rested Kharis was on his way again at the break of dawn coaxing his stallion to go as fast as it could.His pale golden hair whipped in his face as he rode toward the castle causing small tears to well up into his eyes. What were they going to do to her? he wondered and why did it make him feel very very uncomfortable almost....protective of her. Joegen Had changed and he had to see what was going on before he made any crazy decisions. Closer and Closer he came to his Kingdom and when he reached, it was not what he expected. The Guards standing outside of the city were not his own and when he approached they looked at him curiously. "Where is the girl...." The Guard asked suspiciously. "Shut up and let me through Im the High Prince you fools" he snapped. The Guards looked at each other and laughed "He is away on a lengthy soul searching trip boy....I suggest you don't lie..." Kharis sighed impatiently " You have two choices....Die or stay alive and If I were you---
"Are you threatening us boy?" One Guard pulled out his sword.The other Guard wasn't so sure "Hey are you sure its not Prince Kharis? I mean...he has short hair.....if it is him pulling your sword on a royal is punishable...you can loose an arm" the other Elf said frantically. Kharis stared unblinking at the both of them "Make a choice...then tell me where Joegen is." The Elf Guards were not sure still of this stranger until quite easily Kharis had jumped at least a foot in the air and when they had stopped to look up he slammed their heads together knocking them out. "Finally" He huffed and continued down the dirt road through the town and up to the castle.

The night and next day of their travels were torturous for Sanya. Any jostle of the carriage made her leg throb. The binding she had done did nothing to close the wound, only adding pressure to keep the bleeding to a minimum. Blood soaked the bandage before scabbing, preventing her bandage from being removed without ripping the wound open again. She felt sick...weak...that meat earlier last night hadn't done anything but make matters worse. She actually had something to expel from her stomach. Her eyes squinted and blinked as the curtain was pulled back to reveal the prince behind all this. His words were ignored. Kharis did know she was taken...she was sure of that. Never once had she gone missing like this without at least a note. And Kharis had been with the oracle, perhaps the old man told him something. If he were coming to get her though....that she wasn't even sure herself. My prince, please...stay away. My life shouldn't be of consequence to you...this is my duty. To protect you at the cost of my life. She silently prayed to the heavens, hoping someone could hear and keep the prince away. That was all she wanted. If he didn't come, she wanted him to be safe.

Her chains were unbound and she was pulled from the carriage by two sets of strong hands. Sanya wasn't even able to process where she was as fire again shot up her leg. At least they had a hold of her, or she would have likely have fallen. She limped as best as she could into the castle walls, and didn't struggle as they led her to the dungeons. Her eyes remained downcast, hair covering most of her pale face. No, she wasn't feeling at all well. She hadn't slept the night before for fear of missing an opportunity to run. Not to mention leaving the woman on her own with absolutely any way to kill her as she slept. Was this the end? Would her life end here? In the castle dungeons like some criminal? Tears leaked from her eyes as she thought back on the time she spent in the princes service. She wouldn't see him again....he'd never know...he wouldn't know that she loved him far better than even her own life. Perhaps that was the way it should be. A servant and a prince were to never be in that position.

As dawn rose, the dark elf found himself only a couple hours from the palace. They would probably arrive just as the princess woke. No chains had been placed around her limbs as she slept. Glancing back, the dark elf almost smiled. In the morning hours, this princess was something very beautiful to look at...angel...that's the word he could have used. One that had been just tainted in darkness enough that she was appealing. He turned back to the road, now seeing the castle walls in front of him. As they bumped over the drawbridge, the elf took notice that the princess was stirring. He pulled up to the front entrance just as they hulled away a plain looking elf. So the last two stones were embedded in women. Hah, he could already relish in their screams. "Prince Joegen, my lord." He hailed the male. "I have her highness, Faelwen. She'll be waking soon, lord. I've used that sleeping inducer, so she may be groggy, but other then that she'll be fully recovered and energetic." As if to prove his point Faelwen sat up with a start and nearly jumped down. She was stopped though, by the dark elf holding her arms.

Faelwen felt herself getting jostled and started to wake up. Where was she? The last thing she could remember was the dark elf hiding in the corner as she bathed. She picked up the sound of wagon wheels and what sounded like a large estate or castle. Then she heard a male speak to the one prince she'd been trying to avoid. She listened a little, realizing that the heaviness in her limbs was likely due to whatever drug they gave her. She didn't want to hear more, she had to get out of here. Faelwen shot up and was ready to spring out of the cart when she was held back. "Release me! Joegen this is treason." She shouted at no one in particular as she struggled to free herself. Then she caught sight of black silk, and stopped only a moment to examine what she wore. Who had dressed her? Her face flushed bright as she hurried to cover what the night gown didn't.

Joegen grinned slyly at her sudden outburst and realization of her revealing dress.She really looked exquisite enough to eat....he licked his lips lightly thinking about her in his room but then had to shake the thoughts from his mind. "Thank you for your services Elf" he turned to look at him "You will be paid in full....take her to a separate dungeon...I do not want her near the other Host" He told him and turned to walk away.Everything was coming together...his plan was unfolding before him and not one person was going to stop him....especially if he freed the Dark Elf King from his imprisonment. Faelwen screamed at him and struggled behind him but he paid her no mind....after the stone was removed he was going to marry her when she was healed....if her body could take it that is. "SILENCE" he barked at her "Your duty is to your people....If I do not have what lies within you I will have heads of your people scattered around the city...all because the princess wanted to save just herself" he told her.He paused to watch her delicious expression and finally left.

Dakath had reached the outer Kingdom, tired and breathless but at least he reached. His land form had disappeared now as he had no energy to keep it, which he should have thought about before he came to the Kingdom. He leaned on a tree trying to decide his next move.It would have to be discreet and careful....he was widely known by his black hair so it would be easy to spot him, so he would have to go below ground if he was to get anywhere.Slowly he staggered to the east wall where usually garbage was poured out and was taken away so the Kingdom remained clean and stepped into the dirty sludge.Further up he went through the waste until he reached a wire door, Somehow it was open so he went in with no problems. Up he went until he reached a landing which was the base of the dungeons and went inside. "Princess..." He whispered into the darkness. It was a feeble attempt but he wanted to try anyways, the cells were all empty here as he passed....that was odd...there was usually one Guard that was sent to check every hour on the hour.

Imryll followed her men who had roughly taken the Maid down to the dungeons, she wasn't struggling as much anymore to Imryll's satisfaction.Once they reached to the lower levels, they had picked a cell and threw her in onto the damp stony floor and slammed the door shut immediately after. "We will come for you later" Imryll told her and walked away. Not far though she stood down the hall from Sanya's cell hiding behind a stone wall in the crevice...there she would be hidden as she waited.

Kharis reached the castle walls and did a running leap and clambered over it. It seemed as if Joegen's Guards were everywhere....where was his own Guards? he wondered. He didn't like the aura he was feeling around the castle but he went forward anyways and slipped in through one of his secret passages he found as a kid. Once inside he went straight to the throne room and was stopped by two burly looking Elves wearing the south Kingdom's signature green colored cloaks and armor. "JOEGEN" Kharis shouted. Joegen knew that voice.....so Kharis came back to claim what was his. "My dear friend....how was your journey? I say you left for about a week and now your back? I trust you are well?" he asked in a amused voice. Kharis however was pissed "Step down Joegen...I am High Prince and Faelwen is High Princess....I asked you to help protect her and the Kingdom while I am away....to help run it but she had complete authority over you..."
"Good that did her" said Joegen calmly. "I wont be stepping down...I require a stone.... and you little pleasure girl has one that I need" He smiled tossing his long golden hair with one hand. "Kharis could see he wasn't exactly the same...his face had grown darker and his eyes were duller. "Where is she?" He asked quietly "Where is SANYA" he began to shout. A guard hit him with the but of his spear knocking Kharis on his belly.He looked up with cloudy eyes "San...ya...where...." he spluttered. "Joegen stepped down from the throne and stood over him "I will bring you to her."

When Kharis woke up he was chained to a wall. It felt weird as he tried to move to scratch his nose but couldn't and his eyes was still trying to get used to the wet darkness around him.When he did he was horrified, there was a table laid out in front of him...empty but it had leather straps on the side and two Dark Elves standing nearby. Did they want to torture him? he thought trying to struggle free, but nothing worked. Suddenly the cell door opened and his heart dropped....in came Sanya...injured an tired looking.They were bringing her to the table.

Faelwen had the most shocked expression she could muster. It stunned her, dungeon? She'd only been down there once, and even then...what she'd seen...terror struck her through. It wasn't until the dark elf behind her began to drag her off that she regained enough of her mind to begin protesting. "Joegen! My brother will return! And he won't be happy about this! You've betrayed your own people! And...And I'M SORRY I HAD EVER MET YOU!!" She hadn't been able to think of anything else at the moment, and it was a nearly true statement. His threat made her blood run cold. The dark elf took this as his cue to drag her all the way inside. She felt as if she could cry. How could he have lost so much emotion? His threat couldn't possibly be true for the sweet boy she had known as a child. Yet, she couldn't see how it was a lie. He'd changed so much...and that made her sad. She was easily pulled along and led down to one of the better cells. This one was fairly dry, and still had a barred window that allowed sunlight through. She was thrown in roughly, and stumbled to the ground. Her hands were scraped and bloodied, but nothing that she couldn't heal herself of. The click of the lock was sickening, making this moment all too real.
Dakath...what was he doing now? She tried not to give up as she looked around for anything that would help her escape. The window seemed like the best option, but these bars were double crossed, as with the bars around her cell. This prevented anyone from being able to slip through in their animal form. Even so, there was enough ledge by the window to stay there in her bird form. She shifted, shrinking into the smaller form of the white and black bird. Her wings outstretched and beat against the air, sending her up to the small windowsill. Here she stayed for the moment, giving soft chirps and longer trills in some hope that someone would hear her, and come to her rescue. Dakath...what happened to Dakath...Just to see you once more.... Her heart pounded in rhythm to her yearnings. Her calls took on a slightly more melancholy tone, as if she had begun to loose hope.

Sanya was easily taken and shoved into a damp cell. No light was seen, other than the lamps they used to light the way. Thankfully she was able to gain her balance before falling into a stagnant puddle. She looked around the small space, noting the hanging cot in the corner. With a few grunts she staggered over to it, and sat down. Once there, Sanya bent down to try to see her leg a little better in the dim light. The piece of her skirt there was caked in dried blood. This would hurt...but she had to bind it better than that. But what would she use to bind it later? Her skirt was dirtied and not the best of things to cover a wound in, her shirt wasn't in much better condition. She would leave it be then...it was likely they'd kill her anyway. In the end, she was glad to not mess with it. It wasn't long before more guards came in to take her away. She wouldn't have had time to bind her wound properly. The guards seemed to be chuckling to themselves about some surprise. What could they mean? No one was coming for her...or so she hoped. Oh, please don't let them be speaking of the prince... She knew he would get impulsive, but she really hoped he hadn't come here. Who knew what they would do to him.

She wanted to run, to break free to find him, but it would be better if she passed without seeing him. She couldn't imagine that Joegen would willfully kill either the prince or princess. But exactly what he would do, was beyond her imagining. This would be the end for her...and she wouldn't regret it. It wasn't as if she had the strength to go far on her own even if she wanted. They led her further into the dungeon, down to a separate cell. She lifted her dull eyes to examine where she'd likely spend the last moments of her life. The table and two dark elves didn't seem to faze her. It wasn't until she noticed the body chained to the wall past the table that fury ignited in her eyes.

Kharis was chained to the wall in this room. To subject him to such a gruesome sight was going too far. Even if she was only a maid to him, she knew the prince didn't like harming those who had done no wrong. Unable to control herself, she sprang forward, pulling away from the guards that held her. "Kharis!" Then she stepped with her bad leg and faltered. Was that as far as her strength could get her now? Summoning what was left, she summoned her duplicate. With her energy level though, she wasn't able to hold it for long. It would have been wise to have rested on the road. "Unhand the prince! This is treason! Any of you who value your lives should release him at once!" Her voice still remained strong as she struggled against the hands holding her, lifting her up, and tying her to the table. As the last strap was tied, she stopped her struggles, knowing it was futile to escape now.

Before the dark elves began their blood chanting, Sanya turned her head to look the prince in the eye. Tears were silently streaming from her brown eyes. In a choked voice, she spoke. "Forgive me, Prince...I've failed..." She managed a small smile, that only added to the now frightened look in her eyes. Yes, she was scared, very scared. In her mind she knew nothing could be done now. But even so, she did have the chance to say the one thing she had longed to say to him. "My Prince....Your Highness....K-Kharis....I-I...." The dark elves had begun the process now. She was too late as the hands of one elf plunged into her bosom, sending fire and electricity through her body. At first, the shock stunned her...pain not really registering in her mind. She looked dead at that moment, frozen pale and scared, still staring at the prince with her lips slightly parted. When her mind returned, the pain was unbearable, causing her to border on the brink of unconsciousness. She forced her eyes closed as sweat instantly appeared on her furrowed brow. Forcing her head to turn away from the prince, Sanya let out an almost unearthly screech as the pain became too much to stay silent. The piercing noise was enough for any to feel pain as they listened, so was a woman's scream as she was subjected to a pain far greater than childbirth.

Dakath had to stop to think for a moment about where they might have taken her.If they were still going to give her a decent cell then it wouldn't be where he was now...he would have to go up two floors.He climbed up the stairs as silently as he could and noticed no one was keeping watch to which he was thankful for as he still hadn't completely recovered his full strength back yet. When he reached the floor he wanted he did see a Guard down the dark stone hallway, standing straight and looking ahead of him. Dakath cleared his throat and the Elf-Guard looked over startled at the sight of him, before he could react with his spear, Dakath had him by the throat and pulled out his sword to his neck "Point the way to the Princess cell or I will point my sword through your belly and make you eat what comes out" he said with a hiss.The Elf dropped his spear and spluttered "I can show you the way...p..p..please....spare me..." Dakath pushed him forward "Go then"
If a hair was harmed on her head....if even a scratch came to Faelwen he would not hesitate to bury the culprit 6 feet under...Alive.

Joegen watched blissfully as they begun their blood chant loudly to the roof. They had a small blood vial again which one dark Elf had poured over his own hand in order to the the extracting. Waiting for his brothers cue to plunge his hand deep into her chest and pull out the stone of bravery.Deep down Joegen wasn't sure he wanted to do this to Faelwen....it would hurt him greatly if she was in pain, but yet he came too far and he had to finish.....she was strong so she would make it....as for this woman he wasn't sure nor did he care.

Kharis watched her come in with sad eyes.When she called out his name he had the urge to go to her and hug her close but he couldn't now...he couldn't move and she was hurt."Joegen please...you do not need to do this...she...she doesn't deserve this..." he pleaded to deaf ears. It looked like his old friend was enjoying the spectacle before him.They shoved her on the table and strapped her in. "STOP!! STOOP IT!" Kharis yelled again rattling the chains loudly then suddenly she looked at him with tears in her eyes....she wanted to say something...but her eyes said it all. An earth shattering scream escaped her lips when the Dark Elf pushed his filthy hand into her chest...searching for the stone. "STOOOP ITTT YOUR HURTING HER YOUR KILLING HER" Kharis bellowed trying to break free, but the chains were extra thick and he had no choice but to watch her in pain...Sanya who had come into his life two years ago, nothing short of a perfect maid and wonderful friend who never judged him and laughed at his stupid jokes....cared for him and never hesitated to do anything he asked.She was above and beyond what he could ask for....she was perfect...brilliant....awesome fighter and beautiful....what made him think all this now? He never knew but tears were flowing openly from his eyes now, he was sobbing as he could do nothing...if he changed into his land form he would break free and kill everyone including Sanya....he didn't want to risk that.Finally it was over. The Dark Elf who had his hands in her was dripping now with blood. The stone gleamed in his hand as he made his way to Joegen and handed him the rock. Sanya lay still on the table.
"Joegen...I ask for nothing from you but this...please....I beg you this once...I wont run...I wont protest...I wont resist I wont do anything....I just ask you to please....find a healer for her...please...keep her alive." He begged him "For old times sake....please" Kharis said....His body shook uncontrollably "I love her so much" he whispered.

Joegen twitched a little it took him a long silent moment before he came up with a decision "Fine...this once....you will never see her again though...I will get a healer and send her packing from the Kingdom....If she comes back I cannot guarantee a thing" and with that he waved at Imryll by the door and she came in unstrapping the bloodied girl and hoisting her on her shoulders. From what she could tell it was internal bleeding and she needed to get medical attention right away. Imryll nodded to Joegen when he whispered what cell to find Faelwen in and she spared a glance at the Prince.His head was down and he was still sobbing....how disgusting she thought as she left the cell. Down the hall she went and up the stairs and finally through a door in the wall that led down another stony hallway and at the very end was the cell. Opening the door with a key she put the girl carefully inside so not to injure her further and looked around.She didn't see the princess...but there was a small bird tweeting softly on the sill. "Your Majesty...." Imryll said in a drone like voice "She will die if you do not tend to her...." Imryll had a thought to let her know her brother was here but decided not to speak what was unnecessary and locked the cell door again.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sanya couldn't recall much of what happened. Fire had been set to her chest, and she soon found it hard to breath. Her throat was raw from her screams, and still the pain continued. She could vaguely hear Kharis begging for them to stop. Finally relief seemed to come just before she began to black out. Her body felt wet and chilled. Was she dead? Black crept up to the edges of her vision and finally took over. The last thing she remembered hearing was the prince's voice begging for Joegen to save her. No, Sire...you need to escape...I'm past saving...past saving...and I still haven't told you... Her mind and body went numb. She never felt herself being moved or how the conversation ended. She assumed she was dying...that she wouldn't see the face of her dear prince again. Why hadn't she just been able to say it? She still remembered how horrified and outraged the prince looked when they had begun the process. That was some comfort. At least he still cared for his servants. Was she dreaming? Or had she passed? How much time had gone by? All she could see was black, no other sensations could she be aware of. Only the visions of her times with the prince served as companions here.

The tern cocked it's head to the side as the cell was unlocked. The door was open! She could escape! The bloody corpse made her stop though as that was placed on the floor of her cell. It reminded her too much of the way Dakath had looked. Faelwen flew down, shifting midway, and knelt by the girls side. This was her brother's maid...oh, what would Kharis think if he saw the woman now? She quickly placed her hands over the clothed woman, now knowing that there would be no flesh wound. She concentrated on her power, again feeling the hungry pull of energy flowing through her hands. It almost seemed like there was more damage here. Perhaps because this girl had a smaller body...or, no...It was just because of added injuries. Faelwen allowed herself to give a quick sweep of the woman's body, picking out certain wounds and putting together some picture of what had happened to her. There was a wound at her back that wasn't healing well with the poison there, but it had been wrapped well and cared for. It should be fine now, she wouldn't expend her energy on a wound that wasn't threatening. Her body seemed riddled with small marks from scratches gathered in battle. Apparently her brother and his maid had not had the easiest of times. Finally the pull of energy abated, allowing Fae to move down to the girls leg. Whatever knife was used had done some bad damage. If this had been left alone, Fae decided that this woman would likely not be able to run or walk well anymore. This wound was also tended to, and Faelwen found she still had the energy to go on. Was this the stone helping her? Quite possibly. The warm glow of her hands slacked off as everything seemed to be done. Now she would only have to wait for the maid to wake up.

A soft warmth replaced the tame echoes of her torment. What was happening? And what was going to happen with the prince? She had to find him. He and the princess both needed help. The black veil seemed to lift and change into a bright pink or red covering. She felt like she could breath now, which she did hungrily. "Kh-Kharis..." Her voice wheezed the word out, but for some reason...she felt as if she couldn't wake. Again the black ate at the edges of her vision. Though rather than unconsciousness, this was simply a deep sleep to make up for all the time she'd lost before. Faelwen had been elated when the maid inhaled, but seemed concerned when she didn't wake up. What went wrong? Could she really be that tired? Well, she had been through a lot. Perhaps she would simply let the girl sleep then. It would be far more pleasant there than where she would wake up.

Joegen Faced Kharis who was still chained to the wall and smiled at his old friend sweetly."You gave me your word"
"Yes..." Kharis said weakly
"You wont resist"
"No"
"You wont run"
"No"
"You wont do anything to stop me"
"No"
Jeogen wanted to skip and jump in the air for joy....If Kharis wouldn't stand in his way then he would be king and marry his sister and cast him out of the Kingdom. All this he would throw away for the life of that little Elf-Wench.Other then the stone there was nothing appealing about her. She looked average to him...not like Faelwen, she was the most beautiful he had ever seen and he wanted to have her no matter what. "Take him down and cuff him, I want him in the cell the wench was in...he gets food twice a day and no more." He called to his men who began unlocking the chains. Kharis was weak with the sorrow he felt all over and let the men drag him to a cell deep below the dungeons.His own dungeon....his own castle....he hadn't herd from faelwen yet he felt like she was somewhere close by, so many things ran through his mind he wasn't prepared to be flung into the wet stone like he did and have the door slam shut in his face. At least Sanya would be in a healers hand...at least he hoped, he couldn't risk doing anything until he knew she was alright...but how would he know?
Alena came bounding down the steps with cold soup and stale bread with a cup of water in her hands.She had tried to get fresh bread and warm soup but was beaten bloody for her insolence and now she had these to give to the poor prince. "Here...I'm sorry sire" She said as she pushed it under the door for him to grab. Kharis didn't make a move for it. "How is Sanya...my maidservant" he asked her quietly. Alena bowed slightly "I...Iam not sure...I can find out for you sire..."
"Yes little one discreetly" he told her. and off she went.

Dakath winded his way through the wet hallways with the Guard in front of him leading the way.Anytime they met with another Guard Dakath would take him out and continue on.They rounded a corner when he caught sight of dark lace and pushed the man further until his eyes rested on Faelwen sitting on the ground wearing....a revealing dress and a girl laying in her arms clearly tired. Dakath turned and stabbed the Guard in his belly and allowed him to bleed out on the floor in agony. How dare they put her in this filthy cell he thought to himself."Faelwen...are you ok? are you hurt?" he asked her slamming the lock open with his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.