Faye and Miu (Elvin Vale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dakath bowed on instinct " I did only what was required to get the job done. I am no peace keeper...I do what i know how to do and that is protecting you." He said with a straight face. As usual he felt stupid for saying what he did when he could have said it was no problem instead. He would kick himself if he could.He followed to Princess until they reached a shabby looking Inn with a couple drunkards hanging about, he had half a mind to unsheathe his sword to get rid of the unsightly scene but thought better of it and just stayed very close to the Princess. He tied the horses in a nearby pen and fed them some hay before they both walked into the Inn together. There were a few people in side, some drinking and some paying for rooms and a couple gambling in the corner. "You there with the sword....you cannot have that in here...." the Inn keeper told him in a bossy voice. Dakath turned to face him giving him a cold dead stare and the Inn keeper took what he said back easily "Forgive me...I have no problems" he said at once. "My lady" Dakath whispered "Who do we ask about what or who your looking for...Just tell me a name and I WILL make it happen" he told her.

Kharis passed out on the floor beside Sanya's bed as blood trickled from his wound. By night fall he was all bandaged up and his fever went down a little. When he thought everyone was asleep he crept slowly to Sanya's bed side and looked down at her laying there. She had said his name earlier he was sure....she must have been scared of loosing him. He lifted a hand to stroke her hair but took it back after thinking about it longer....what a fool he was...making her come with him...she almost died because of him."Hey...Sanya" he whispered "remember when we uh talked about falling in love with someone the day before? I...I had fallen in love with a girl once....she was pretty and noble born and normal but there was something about her that I couldn't put a finger on...she was just different and I fell in love with her and she returned it....I don't suppose you know hard it is to love someone so much and they get taken away from you...." Kharis closed his eyes hoping to keep the tears in "She died and....and....I never wanted to be close to anyone again" he was shaking now and holding Sanya's hand tightly "I heard from the Oracle....I hit his granddaughter and almost killed you...I should be sorry..." He put down her hand to rest over her belly. Wiping his tears angrily he stood back "I killed the first woman I ever loved with my own hands.....I refuse to do it to you as well...forgive me" He bowed by her bed side.It had been the first time he told anyone about what happened in his past and for that he was grateful she was sleeping.

He made her feel special. The way he was always so formal, and only softened up when there weren't many around. After watching him tend to the animals, Fae stepped into the inn. She pulled her hood down lower over her face as a few drunken elves looked over at the newcomers. She jumped slightly when the innkeeper asked that Dakath leave his sword. At first she thought they would be thrown out before they had found the wizard, but it turned out that the innkeeper didn't want a fight. She looked over to the bar, her eyes settling on the man behind the counter. The man had the ears of an elf, and was finely built, but the structure of his muscles underneath the crisp sleeves of his shirt seemed odd. It made him look larger than he was, an intimidating presence to those nearby. His face could be considered well worn with the sun and other weather, definitely one who has seen quite a bit. His hair was slicked back in the style of those who sail on the large ships at sea. However his smooth voice spoke otherwise, seeming like that of a well educated elf. He chatted and laughed with the patrons as if he knew all about their lives. "He's the one we need to speak with...I do caution you however, Dakath. Please do not draw your sword unless I am threatened with a weapon."

With a final moment to steel her mind, the princess stepped closer, and sat at an empty stool. She made sure to leave several seats on either side of her open. The bartender casually made his way over to the new couple at his station. "Now what can I do for a pretty lady such as yourself?" He smiled brightly, trying to appear as friendly as possible.
The princess shook her head. "I need answers, Orion. I want to know about the trinity stone." Her voice was kept low as she said the last part.
"Orion? I'm sorry, miss, but I think you have the wrong man." The bartender smiled once more, and went back to cleaning the glass.
Faelwen pulled the charm out of her bodice as decently as she could, though failing to hide any cleavage from the men nearby. She held out the dragon's head to the bartender. "I have the right man, sir. My mother told me to come to you with questions."
The bartender quietly nodded, and walked out from behind the counter. "You two need to follow me. This isn't a conversation for here." He led them up to the room at the very end of the hall of upstairs. "These are my quarters, it is safe here, princess."

Faelwen found herself following the man without question, and soon seated herself in a chair provided. After the wizard had a change to light his pipe, she pressed her questions. "Tell me what there is to know about the trinity stone. How do we find the people who have one inside them? And how is it possible to retrieve the stone? What if all three pieces were possessed in one person, what happens then?"
The elder chuckled as the questions came. He shook his head and opened his mouth when she was finished speaking. He recapped what Joegen spoke about. "The three pieces seek each other princess. They are rarely able to be kept long distances apart. Finding if a person is in possession of one requires a certain knowledge of that person. It isn't always obvious who may have the stone. If they were all embedded into one being, that being would reek havoc on the area he were in. Many go mad even in possession of a single piece." He paused to give a few more puffs on his pipe. "Getting the stone out of the body is a difficult and painful process...it requires several mages, and one of royal blood. An incantation is chanted, and the essence of the stone is drawn out of the body to reform back together in a special container. It is a very painful process for the host..." He paused again, "Many are unconsious for at least a day, some never wake up. All of them are changed after that. They loose whatever ability the stone granted."

His voice was silent for a long while. Sanya couldn't be sure she heard it in the first place. It seemed to take a long time before she finally heard crickets chirping outside and the wind rustling leaves. Where was she? Kharis had begun speaking again. His warm hand enveloped her own. She stayed still as he recounted that hard blow. Now she understood. That's why the prince wasn't caught in his animal forms. She felt sorry for him, but at the same time wanted to show that she wouldn't be like that. And that he could trust her to always be there until the end. Her hand was placed on her stomach and the prince again began to cry. She waited a few moments after he stopped, wondering what he would do if she were to open her eyes now. She could just barely manage to open her eyes, and found she could only feel her arms and toes. The rest of her seemed too heavy to move. Kharis was bowing by her bedside, that was what she imagined she saw. Slowly, she lifted her hand and paced it on his hair, using her fingertips to rub through his short locks. "You could never be at fault, Sire..." Her voice was still raw and scratchy. "I don't hold you responsible for..." she had to pause and take a wheezy breath. "For anything that happened." Her tongue flicked out to moisten her lips. "You didn't kill me....and I won't ever think otherwise." She wished there was some way she could show him how much she wanted to care for him. She wanted that place in his life, to be able to touch and hold him when he was in pain. For now she just took advantage of the time she did have with him, and continued to run her fingers through his hair.

He had no choice but to follow her orders. He wasn't allowed to unsheathe his sword for any reason other then if they were threatened, so he nodded that he understood and watched silently while she looked around.It wasn't long before she found who she was looking for and the information she sought out. A man named Orion had the answers she needed about a certain stone, Dakath wasn't the least bit interested in it but it sounded almost the same as the conversation she had earlier with Prince Joegen. The Princess and the old man were in deep conversation so he dozed off feeling very tired from the lack of sleep recently. His mind swirled and wandered back to his child hood. It wasn't exactly a fun one for him though he tried to have fun where he could.As a kid he had no friends so he had to rely on himself to find something fun to actually do, his home was far south from the main land and he did grow up in a proper noble house holds too, so he got things he liked and were more fortunate then most. But at six he was taken away for training....his parents were insistent on it since he was the out cast of the town and wasn't guaranteed a good marriage to carry the family name.No one wanted him, but still he excelled in his overseas training and was hand picked by the King himself to Guard one of his children for the rest of his life. What more could he hope for...if he were to go back home he would be shunned anyway....his dark black hair sent shivers down anyone who saw him and so he agreed and followed the High King and that was when he met Faelwen...a sad she-Elf who had lost her mother and her robust brother who couldn't sit still. Dakath found a sort of happiness....They never spoke about how terrible he looked and even smiled at him time to time, he couldn't ask for more.

They had finished talking when he opened his eyes, it seemed the Princess was full of knowledge now and was eager for more but it didn't look like the Old man had anymore for her.He did however look over at him strangely though and Dakath stared back at him, he didn't like being stared at and would have pulled out the sword to his throat if his Princess hadn't officially ordered him not to so he just turned away "Are we leaving now my lady?" He asked getting up from the ground.Now that he was thinking about it she never really told him what she was seeking... and why, not to mention how she came across the Coin she thought she cleverly hid from him in her bodice. He snorted miserably, if she didn't hide it there the male Elves wouldn't have had a view.It made him mad but what could he do, this was obviously something important and secret to her...he had no business asking questions...he just had to DO.

Kharis froze when he herd her voice, it was soft but weak and croaky sounding but all the same it was Sanya's voice. Her soft hand reached out slowly and patted his hair.It was the first time anyone had rubbed their hands in his hair save for his mother and sister.She didn't blame him either for what he had done....just how long was she awake listening to his blathering? he thought wanting to laugh out loud.He allowed her to run her hands through his hair tiredly, it seemed it was comforting her when all of a sudden "PRINCE!" the young she-elf screeched "She must rest and so should you! come now with me" she protested. Kharis stood up at once and followed the girl back to his part of the room, she changed his bandages and gave him water to drink all the while humming a song.When she had finished the prince turned to her slowly "I wanted to say I am sorry...for hitting you...I wasn't myself...." The girl smiled warmly and took a cheek in her hand leaning closer to him then he would have liked.Her eyes glowed in the candle light and for a moment she looked very seductive, her simple woolen clothes were loose around the chest area and her hair was un-braided and dangling down the sides of the bed as she got closer to him. Kharis smacked her hand away from him "Do not ever touch me....I am still your prince heir to the throne of Elvin Vale and you do not presume to think you know me in such a manner...get out" he snapped. The girl lept from his bedding and gathered the bloody bandages and water in a rush and ran into the next room with out a word. He sort of felt bad but then again he wasn't very comfortable either....she was pretty enough but she was out of line, he sighed a huge sigh and fell asleep. Wasn't too long before he felt a sharp smack on his forehead by the Oracle who used his walking stick again. "OOOWWW!!! WHY MUST YOU ABUSE ME IM YOUR PRINCE....." but another blow was coming in which Kharis dodged it. "Get up boy it is morning!" the old man shouted. Kharis stole a look over at Sanya, she was still in bed but awake now.

Faelwen found the feeling of dread growing in her. If Joegen knew this...it was likely he'd hide it from her. She never did like causing things pain, and would take the pain away when she could. The only elf she had ever seen with raven black hair was Dakath....what if...he were the stone holder. He'd be in a greater danger than what his job called for. Should she send him away, just to try to keep him safe. Her heart ached at the thought. The better question would be could she survive without him now. Since he came, she had begun to picture him as her mother's way of protecting her. And then...she had developed feelings for the silent man. Sending him away would only postpone the chance of someone finding him. She looked up to Orion to find him looking at Dakath. So the wizard saw it too. She turned to go, knowing that she wouldn't get any more answers. "Yes...we'll head back to the palace now..."
"Wait, princess. I have a bit of advice for you." The man puffed again on his pipe, closing his eyes in pleasure. When they opened, he looked incredibly serious. "I suggest you take a different road back to the castle. I heard you caused quite a stir with those goats....take care of yourself, a pure heart can be easily broken and tainted." He reclined in his chair, not having a mind to get up and return to the bar. Yes...there were two of the stones....now, the third would show itself quickly. He already had a good guess where it had been placed. As luck would have it, the recent events actually helped to keep the stones locations safe.

Faelwen giggled a little bit at his warning. She stepped closer to Dakath and took hold of his arm in a sort of hug. "That's what I've got him for. Thank you for your time, Orion. I'll let my mother know that I found you easily." She was reluctant to pull away from Dakath. He was so warm...she could just hold onto him forever. If life were only that easy. She let go and quickly put her hood up to hide the blush that colored her cheeks. Why couldn't this feeling go away? She walked ahead of him out of the Inn, and around to their horses. She smiled softly as the little kid goat was suckling from it's mother. It's pitiful bleating wasn't heard any more. The ewe-goat lifted it's head to watch as the princess knelt down to give it a small pat. Both animals looked much more content since they were freed from their prison. Fae stood and dusted off her skirt. "Now, to find a road back that wouldn't take long..." She mused to herself. The princess chewed her lip until she finally decided on a direction. Ah! They had packed a lunch and forgot about it. She turned to Dakath with a bright smile. "I've got the perfect place in mind for our lunch." After mounting, she followed the road to the western forest area. The roads were cramped until they finally reached the town's limit. Then it opened up to beautiful flower fields on either side and the treeline right in front of them. The area she was thinking was a meadow not far from here. It held a vast veriety of herbs and flowers. All was watered by a shallow creek. It had to be one of her favorite places to go outside the castle.

Sanya found herself quite lost as she continued to stroke his head. She wanted to pull him closer and get both hands running through his locks. This was soothing to her...or it was. As the she-elf dragged him away, Sanya found herself wanting to laugh. So the prince had been ordered to rest, but watched her instead. She was happy he did. Her quiet chuckled turned into a wheezing cough that racked her body with pain. So her wound hadn't quite healed all the way. After her hacking subsided her mind thought back to the amount of time the girl had been with Kris in that room. Could they possibly... The female was rather pretty. Again she felt her heart crack as a wave of ice spread along her limbs. Suddenly the girl rushed out of the room. That meant that Kharis had possibly kicked her out. That was a nice thought. At least he wasn't doing anything with another woman. Warmth again took her limbs, she felt better than she had before. Perhaps the poison worked if the person's will to live was weak. Well, she'd be sure to desire life until the last. With these thoughts Sanya again fell asleep.

As morning came around she had no desire to get up. While she could feel all of her body save a small portion of her back, her limbs still felt heavy. A shout made her eyes fly open. Her prince! She tried to get up and rush to his side, but groaned in pain as the she-elf forced her back down. With that battle lost, Sanya settled herself with looking worriedly at Kharis's door. Finally he emerged, though a little grumpy it seemed. She managed a smile at him when he happened to look her way. This was how she remembered him in the mornings. Always sleepy and begging to be left in bed, especially when it was this early. She fondly recalled the memories of having to wake him up. This made her giggle, but those soon turned to coughs. She recovered much faster this time around though, and nodded to signal that she was alright. Her eyes turned to the old man and his grand-daughter. "Thank you both for caring for us. It is very kind of you to do this for strangers." Even if one of the strangers was the prince. She still wouldn't leave without thanking them.

When they had left the little Inn he led the Princess back to her horse and helped her to mount after she had stroked the Goats that she saved.She was cheerful all of a sudden and that made him happy on the inside. He mounted his own horse and she led them to a beautiful field of flowers of many colors. They swayed in the wind and the fragrance was swirling around them both, Dakath watched her dismount and unveil the basket of food for the day's lunch. It had an abundance of fruits and nuts and fresh breads, cheese and cold drinks wrapped delicately in cloth.His mouth watered when she brought out the food and sat down to set them out before him, He sat down across from her and they both ate. "Princess..." he began but yet he couldn't think of anything to talk about, his mind ran on her visit to the old man earlier "May I ask...what you went to see the old one about? he wasn't even an Elf..." Dakath asked sipping his cold drink. "It would probably be more interesting if she explained it he thought to himself. But before she could answer a band of mis-Matched Elf's appeared on the road by the flower fields and noticed them sitting there. They looked like an odd bunch and the leader was playing a small harp, another a flute another a ukulele and a couple violins and other instruments. They walked towards them and Dakath got up in a smooth motion to confront them before they got too close to Faelwen. He remembered that she hadn't wanted him to use his sword so instead he used words. "State your business or die" He told them in a bored voice. But the Leader was too happy to be scared or turned away "We come in peace! and Music young ones.... we see you having a lovely picnic and we were hoping to brighten your day by playing for you.I am called Sonaris and this is my Band the Starwinds" He said bowing graciously. Dakath looked at them curiously but let down his guard "Pleasure, do you by chance know the ballad *Golden Twilight?* he asked them quite suddenly. He could see Faelwen's face was curious as he never talked to other people much before. Sonaris strung his harp excitedly "yes we do!" Dakath smiled to himself, it was maybe his only chance.....he turned and walked to the sitting Princess, though she wore nothing to brighten her face or no crown she was still radiant as always.He bowed down and held out a hand "my lady....?" he asked hoping she would agree to his hand. He helped her to stand and the music played.His hand went around her waist snuggly and his other hand intertwined in her free hand and together among the flowers they swirled and danced lightly in the sunlight. Her hair shone and her eyes were glowing happily, for once in his life Dakath felt he was in a bliss.....
(The music lol)

Kharis was relieved to see she could talk a bit better now and turned away from her eyes to smile to himself, he didn't want her to see him too happy. "If you are able to thank them your able to get up right?" he asked her "We need to keep moving...you sit in the carriage you still need time to heal." The she Elf came out with breakfast in her hands and set them on the table but before she could poor drinks and put the food on plates Kharis was already at the table doing what he did best....eating. He snatched the food from bowls and stuffed his face and chugged water. The Oracle shook his head and the She-Elf was in shock. When he had finished the young girl brought separate food for Sanya to have and helped her out of bed to dress and pack some stuff for them to leave with. Kharis wasn't sure where he wanted to head to next, he had no clue where his father might have been taken to and it seemed that where ever they went they got attacked. If that were true he wanted to stay away from the castle if to at least keep his sister out of harms way. "Before I leave I should need a scroll and a quill......do you have a raven?" he asked the old man. The man nodded and sent his granddaughter off for the things he needed, once he gotten the paper he thought slowly what he wanted to say.

"Dear Faelwen it is I your dearest most beloved brother. How are you fairing? I believe Joegen has done everything in his power to keep you safe and I am confident in him. I found some interesting information about something called the Trinity stone, not sure if you heard of it but since your at the castle and your around books I was hoping you could find some info for me if any.Just send it along with this bird, he or she will know where to find me, Also do not worry about me and say hi to Dakath.

Love Kharis"

He finished the letter and sent it off with the raven, when he had done so he went back to Sanya who he helped to walk from the house to the carriage which was surprisingly not damaged. "Come...I think I have had enough of old Geezer for one day...." he whispered to her. A smack to his head came from nowhere once again.

Last edited:
Faelwen couldn't help but be happy as she set out their lunch. If only every day could be like this....picnicking with Dakath in a meadow like this one...gazing into each others eyes....leaning in and....No, Fae. You mustn't think like that. Dakath told you to think of your duty... Her duty, It seemed like such a hard thing now. The soft plucking of a harp was heard a little ways away, and Faelwen paused in setting out the lunch as she turned to look at the particular group of elves. Music! Falewen couldn't help but to be delighted as she heard that. It was always nice to hear music and dance to it, or even enjoy it with a quiet meal. She did hope that Dakath would allow them to stay. At the mention of the ballad she cocked her head to the side. They didn't play that one at the castle balls, how did Dakath know it?

A light blush rose to her cheeks as Dakath offered his hand to her. Did he really want to dance with her? She could hardly believe she wasn't dreaming. Her small hand fit perfectly in his larger one as he pulled her up. A delicate smile graced her features as she was held close and led in a dance she didn't recognize. The music went along beautifully, causing her petite feet to move along with the tune. With Dakath guiding her, she felt as if the world melted away. Her smiling eyes soon met his. She felt drawn to him more than ever. What if he really didn't want to tell her not to kiss him? Maybe he was just trying to be rational. It was a dangerous move to love him, it could prove disastrous for them both. But none of that mattered now, it was just the two of them dancing in a field of flowers. Even as the music slowed to an end, she didn't want to stop. That would require her to step away from him, but if anything, she wanted to step closer.

Sanya found herself chuckling softly as she watch Kharis do what he did best. Eat. It seemed to shock the girl and her grandpa though, poor dear. She may have idolized the prince until that point. A part of her was happy that he had dashed the girls hopes. Sanya finished her meal quickly, and set about changing with the she-elf's help. It was hard, but not impossible in any way. Kharis finished his letter and sent the bird off. Hopefully it would find everyone well. A blush rose to her cheeks as the prince helped her out to the carriage. She protested the entire way, quite flustered that the prince would do such a thing. "R-really, H-highness...I...I can m-manage on my-y own. Or th-the girl could he-help." Her voice was barely a squeak as she fought to control her raging blush. His whisper nearly sent her over. His lips were so close...and that voice...the sound of a sharp TWACK! interrupted those thoughts as Kharis hissed in pain for the third or fourth time in their stay here. That pause gave her the chance to lurch forward on her own, and quickly open the carriage door. Getting inside was a little harder, but she managed. Once there, she looked out the window, still red-faced and unable to look at the prince.

The music was played beautifully and the princess seemed to be enjoying herself as they continued , around and around they went until the music slowed to an end and the bliss ended with them. The band smiled to one another complimenting how they all sounded in unison and how beautifully the couple danced. Dakath gave them coin as payment for the music ballad and they thanked him graciously and bowed to the both of them before heading off down the road.When they had left Dakath turned to Faelwen "Thank you for the dance....you dance lovely I wish I could dance with you more often." He confessed to her.He sat back down by the food and began to eat some.After resting for what seemed like less then an hour he suggested that they start home. He would have to arrange with the animal master to keep an tend to the new goats the princess had saved. Dakath packed the rest of the food into the basket and once again helped the Princess mount her horse before his own and they started home. It was evening when they reached the Castle gates and were sent inside by the castle Guard and the animal master came to take the horse an goats away. It wasn't long before they got inside that Dakath noticed Joegen standing there watching them. He looked more then angry, his eyes showed Malice and he seemed a little different somehow but all the same Dakath went to his knees in respect "Good evening Prince Joegen".

Joegen had an eventful afternoon. It was intriguing that the information he found would eventually lead him here....the belly of the beast....here trapped in a crystallized state never to be awakened again was the Dark Elf King himself. Far beyond the reach of his men who had went into hiding but once more surfaced. It wont be long now... he thought to himself as he left the room and headed above ground. His most trusted Guard appeared as he approached and told him that the Princess had left the Castle....she had taken two horses and hasn't been seen since the afternoon. Joegen was furious....why had she left with out letting him know? it was that servant of hers trying to manipulate his future Queen.He snapped at his men to fetch her and when they came back empty handed he was even more furious. When evening came though he had received a letter by bird and it had the scribbly hand writing of his friend Kharis.He read the contents quickly and smiled to himself...."well well well.....Kharis was learning lots now isn't he?" he laughed out loud. "Take this and burn it he said to particuarly no one and so with out any hesitation the little Elf-girl Alena snatched it "As you wish sire" she said and quickly ran off.

Alena had slowly been monitoring the Prince. She hadn't liked the way he stormed the castle with more of his men and sending the Princess's and Prince's house hold Guards to tend to the city.It felt as if he was taking over. She took the letter and hid it in her clothes for safe keeping hoping that they would return soon.

It was announced that the Princess was back to Joegen's relief but he was still angry and when he saw them both coming up the Castle steps he stepped out to greet them. "Princess..." he said in a hiss "Glad you are home safe I was worried when I received no word that you were leaving this afternoon." He turned to Dakath and pointed at him "Arrest him"
A flock of Emrald Elf-men surrounded Dakath and apprehended him immediately. He made no run for it nor did he struggle and didn't take out his sword to resist. Joegen grinned "Come Princess....let us talk...terms"

Sanya had left him to get plummeled and cursed by the old man, it seemed she didn't want his help.He grinned sheepishly at the old man and his grand daughter and said his goodbyes.They waved at him as he left and once he got on top of the carriage he coaxed the horse to trot away. "Sanya..." he called "You can come out now I promise I wont bite" he smiled to himself. She always made him feel happier inside.But she didn't come out for a time so he kept quiet and watched the road. On and on and on they traveled, it seemed like they were going nowhere and fast....where were they going? what were they to do? he was really only coming for the Oracle....but he promised he would find his father. He had no place to start and it was bugging him, not to mention the stones....he didn't know where to begin looking.It was ok though he was sure the Princess would find something and send him information. They stopped by a small stream to rest the horses and have them drink and graze for a while. He jumped down and opened the carriage door to see his friend sitting there "Let me see your wounds Sanya....I might have to make a poultice"

The song ended too soon for Faelwen. Dakath's warmth was instantly missed as he stepped away to pay the musicians. "I would love to dance more with you as well, you led that one perfectly." She couldn't help but wonder where he had been taught such dances. She quietly finished her food, really thankful to have the time with Dakath. Sadly it all had to end, and Fae found herself back on the road to the castle. She smiled at the two goats as they followed behind. At least she'll have some other company now. A small bit of uneasiness grew inside her as they got closer to the castle. Something wasn't right...she could sense it. The feeling grew as they entered the halls. To top it off, there stood Joegen seething in anger. Her eyes widened in fear at what he may do. She felt the need to hold onto something to keep her from falling to her knees right there. Unfortunately, nothing was around aside from Dakath. No, she would have to stand, it wouldn't do to anger Joegen further. She bowed slightly as he first addressed her. "Forgive me, Sire. It was a whim of mine to go on a quiet picnic and get some fresh air. I'm so used to making these decisions on my own that it didn't occur to me to tell you." Perhaps it was a small lie, but she knew it would be believable enough. As long as they hadn't been followed that is.

Her eyes widened in horror as Joegen asked for Dakath's arrest. "You can't do that! You have no charge against him!" She tried to pull one of the guards off, but she was quickly pushed back. Fae could have sworn that everyone could hear her pounding heart. Why wasn't Dakath resisting? What was going on? Realization hit her. She commanded that he not touch his sword unless her life were in danger. And he had followed that, for the entire day. She had to bite back tears as Joegen demanded she come with him. "I demand my servant's release, Joegen. He isn't one of your men to dispose of at will. What will you gain by stripping me of the protection my father gave?" She was upset, yes, but part of her somehow knew this would happen. Ever since the news of the trinity stone had been found by him, she expected that he would target Dakath. Now she could only hope he hadn't found out the incantation to strip Dakath of the trinity stone. He must be the one to have it....Faelwen was worried, with her father and brother gone, she had no one she could trust if they also took Dakath. There had to be a way to call her brother back.

Sanya felt her face burning up as she tried to gather herself. Kharis had really been that close to her...holding her...and he was there when she was wounded...the sheer amount of close moments with him made her short of breath. All her feelings came rushing back. She couldn't think about anything more than how close his face had been to hers. The way he seemed to have howled in anger that time when she was shot. What if he did care....and just couldn't express it well. That did sound like him. She froze as he called to her from his position in driving the carriage. Ah, that should be her up there! The prince shouldn't be out in the open like that. What was she thinking? She should ask that he switch her places. The woman was about to push herself up, but again her limbs still felt heavy. There would be no way for her to drive like this. She didn't answer him as her thoughts consumed her once more. What would she do when they stopped? What if he tried to help her around like that again? Her hand wandered up to touch the bandages that covered her chest. The cuts on her arms and legs were minor, nothing that wouldn't heal quickly. Already most of them were shut and well on the way to be cured thanks to the she-elf. Stretching her arm around, Sanya pushed at the bandage where it held the poultice against her skin. She hissed in pain. The arrow wound on her back must still be tender...what did it look like? Sanya had never been injured like that before. She wondered if there had been stitches put in while she had been asleep. How deep had that arrow pierced? Would there be any lasting affects?

After what seemed like a long while, the carriage stopped near a stream. Ah, so at least the prince would allow the horses to rest a little while. She was smiling at that when the door was suddenly opened to reveal the face of the prince. She stared at him, shocked for a moment that he just asked her that. "I d-don't think th-that's necessary, Sire." She allowed him to help her down before standing on her own. At least the heaviness wasn't so bad anymore. She'd be able to manage to walk small distances on her own. Before taking another step though, she held out her arms for him to see. "Most of my cuts have already closed and are healing well." Sanya wasn't sure what she would do if he specified her arrow wound. That would require her to be topless in front of him. Her cheeks flushed a bright red at that image. "I'll b-be fine, Highness."

Dakath was shoved to his feet as the shackles dangled from his hands. He was a bit taller the the Elves subduing him and some were even afraid of his cold stares but that didn't matter to dakath. Faelwens protests were falling on deaf ears and it bothered him to watch her so afraid for him, what could he say to calm her down? "Princess....your Prince was worried for you....please stay safe and do not worry about your servant." he told her. She was already yelling at Joegen though demanding his release.
Joegen turn on the stone steps to glare at her "Excuse me? I am responsible for your safety as well Faelwen....if you are out there with out my knowing and your brother came back what would I have said? I said to come!" he snapped and the Guards escorted her away from Dakath and into the castle. Joegen led her to his room which had a study and made her sit across from him with his door shut and guarded. "My terms are simple....this man has done a terrible thing allowing you to just leave with out a word to your future husband I am prepared to do this...." he drew his hand through his blonde hair and cleared his throat "He can keep his life if you agree to marry me in three days, if not he dies tonight." It was simple but yet effective, her face was in shock it looked like and he leaned back in his chair to await her answer.

Dakath was shoved down the stoney wet steps of the underground prison further and further passed the cell he occupied a couple days ago. Deeper and deeper he went until the had him in a dark room in which he recognized as the imprisonment of the Dark Elf King. "What is going on here?" he asked but he received no answer as out of the shadows two dark Elves appeared. "This is one of them right?" asked the green eyes dark Elf to one of the Guards holding Dakath. "Yes and the Prince asks that you get on with it without him." The Green eyed Elf smiled wickedly and his brother pulled out a vile which had blood in it."Let us get to work" He said and Dakath was knocked out completely from behind, his world swirled into blackness.

Kharis grinned slyly "No Sanya....Your Arrow wound...I herd you got hurt pretty bad its a wonder how your up and....I might have hurt you also...I just want to make sure I haven't scratched you anywhere." He said in an apologetic voice. It didn't look like she was comfortable so he gave up "It's ok if you do not wish to I just..." he stopped and stared. Across the river was a person...it was only for a split second but he thought he saw someone he knew.He shook his head "It means a lot to me that your here....really...but I put you in danger and I don't wanna risk that again....always stay by me and if I decide to change please hide some where..." Though she was trained in the arts of combat and she was really good at it she was still a lady and it didn't feel right if he wasn't protecting her. He noticed she had been blushing a lot lately....it couldn't be that she...nah...
He stood up and went to fill a sheep skin flask full of water by the stream so she could drink. The person was there again, a woman...a dark Elf woman, clad in armor and menacing looking but still she looked familiar. He looked back at Sanya who had spotted her too but she was still healing to be in any fight, he would have to defend her if it came to a fight. The Elf didn't look like it was willing to fight though. "Who are you" shouted Kharis pulling his blade from its sheathe. The Dark Elf-girl turned and left saying nothing. Kharis dropped his blade feeling sick to his stomach and dropped to the ground near the blade. "No....no...no" he screamed. It was her"

Faelwen was terrified, she knew what the process of taking his stone would be like....she knew...and she couldn't let it be taken like that. Her tearful eyes looked back as her guard knelt on the ground. Dakath had never been one to lie....if he said not to worry....he'd find a way out of it. But, what if he didn't. She was ultimately the one to put him in this position. She should have made him run when they had been away from the castle. She didn't stop her pleas though, not until Joegen's harsh voice boomed over her own. He hadn't ever yelled at her before. It hurt. Her childhood friend was gone....replaced with this...this prince. She followed quietly, expecting the worst to come to pass. Tears fell from her eyes as she waited for these 'terms'.

A hand flew to her mouth as a gasp escaped past her lips. When had her friend been one to stoop to such means? She could hardly believe this was the same boy. All the differences she had seen up to this point made sense now. These were his true colors, and now, she had no choice. Her head nodded weakly, "I accept your terms...sire..." At least Dakath would live. "May I be allowed to see him again?" Not likely, but she did want to make sure the promise was kept. Faelwen felt weak, defeated. Here she was, agreeing to marry a stranger. Her brother couldn't have known about this, he wouldn't have left Joegen in charge if that were the case. That didn't seem to matter much now. She would marry in three days if she couldn't find a way to send for help.

Sanya found that she needed to lean against the carriage to keep her knees from buckling. The prince was really just asking for her to show him her back! No, he couldn't be allowed to do such a meddlesome thing. She would need to manage herself while he was asleep or something. He suddenly stopped speaking and stared off across the river. Her own gaze soon followed. What had he seen? There wasn't anything there. As he continued, she nodded along with his request. If it would make her prince happy, she would do anything....except remove her shirt. Not unless there was some meaning behind it. Ah, who was she kidding? That could never happen. She was just a simple maid and guard, he would never see her that way. Why couldn't she just accept that? Kharis walked off to fill a water skin, and Sanya made sure to keep an eye out for any danger. With her injury the way it was, there would be no way for her to be much more than a meat shield for him, but that would be enough. A dark elf was over there! No, she had to help. Before she managed to stagger two steps, Kharis had his blade drawn. The dark elf ran though. By the look of it that had been a female. Huh, Sanya hadn't really thought about the possibility of female dark elves...but then...where did she think the other dark elves came from? Her mind snapped back to reality as Kharis started repeating a single word.

She rushed to his side as fast as her injuries would allow and quietly knelt beside him. "My prince....please calm yourself....They are gone now...we aren't in any danger." Again she desperately wished that he hadn't ordered her to refrain from touching him. But....he hadn't said anything like that recently. And, he actually instigated a bit of touching on his own. Hoping that he wouldn't dislike it, she gently combed her fingers through his hair and down his back. Her hand worked small circles on the fabric of his shirt. "Sire, whatever it is...I'm sure it will sort itself out..." She wasn't sure what to say. A song her mother sang when she was little came to her mind. It was a folk song telling of a lost star who was searching for its path in the sky. With a small smile, Sanya began humming the slow tune.

The pain wasn't immediate. In fact at first he never felt a thing. Dakath woke with a large head ache and his hands chained to table along with his feet. His swords were nowhere in sight and it was still so dark that he had to wait a moment for his eyes to adjust to the room. His first instinct was to change form, it would be easy to get out and then warn the Princess and get her somewhere safe.He began to change but as soon as he did a sharp shock of volts when through his body and stopped him from changing.So he tried again and the shock went through again tearing through his skin making him grunt in pain. moment later two faces loomed over head grinning at him, one was holding a vial of blood like before and drenched his hand with it. The Dark elf beside him began to say something in a language he wasn't familiar with and holding his hands up high. The other Dark Elf licked the corner of the vial to taste the blood coming from it and shuddered excitedly. They were truly evil Dakath thought. He refused to scream and beg for mercy and refused to show them he was the least bit afraid so he stayed quiet while trying to recall what the Princess had spoken about with the old man. Chanting? Mages? He wished he had listened to the conversation better but he hadn't. The chanting grew louder now and the blood that covered the other Elf's hands began to glow a mystic color. Dakath was starting to get afraid now but kept his expression still as a stone while trying to free a hand and a leg at the same time. Louder and louder the Dark Elf chanted and finally he stopped "Do it now" he told his brother. The pain was immense, he had never felt the searing pain like he was being split in half and before he knew it he was screaming in pain. The Elf with the blood on his hands was deep in his chest pushing his hand around inside and pushing still further. Blood was gushing forth from his body and he was feeling weaker by the second, the pain seemed to never end and it had already been 20min since they started. Finally the Elf ripped his bloody hand from Dakath's chest and held a black glimmering smooth stone dripping with blood in his hand. Dakath was still blinded by pain and was breathing heavily.

Joegen was delighted in her answer and took her hands in his own "Do not cry Princess.....I will be the best husband you ever had...we have been childhood friends...you know me" He told her. She nodded to him and asked if she could see her servant.He sat back down and frowned, he had no idea why she was so fixated on this servant of hers but he did want to confirm if he was a stone holder."Very well Faelwen....I was off to see him myself...I need to confirm something." So he walked with her out of his room and led her down the stairwells. Down and down and down he went and the further they went the closer the screams were, it echoed off the stony wet walls and rang in his ears.Finally they reached the large door in which he was being kept. They could clearly see inside and it wasn't very pretty. Dakath was bathed in blood and the floor around him was crimson. He was breathing heavily and the Dark Elf stood beside him clutching the stone. "You have found it?" Joegen asked simply. The Dark Elf nodded and Joegen smiled "Perfect...well Princess....Not sure if he will live...he had something I wanted but now his life is in danger...." He said in tone that didn't seem as if he cared.

She was singing to him. Sanya had a lovely voice and it somehow soothed him. She was a jack of all trades alright, she could cook, balance all his foods, make camp, fight and make him laugh.Not a lot of woman had the gift like she did, she sort of reminded him of his late mother and how she used to be. "It was...her...the woman....she was... the Dark Elf woman was once the woman I loved" he managed to croak out. He was unsure how it happened... she had died....he did it himself and now she was alive? he had mixed feelings about it and was totally confused. He just sat and held on to Sanya who comforted him....he was pathetic....he should be comforting her, she was the one injured. After a few minutes he pulled away from her standing up "I'm sorry...once again I haven't been very manly, drink up" he told her handing her the flask of skin " Don't worry about me, let's get you better first" It was a feeble attempt but he couldn't get the woman out of his mind.

Faelwen felt as if she had just been stabbed, was this how it felt to betray the person you loved? But...Dakath had said it himself. He told her to accept the prince. Why did it hurt to do that though? She couldn't find any comfort in Joegen's claim to be a good husband. Did she really know him? She wasn't sure. At least she could see Dakath once more, that brought her a little happiness.

They wound through the dungeons, she was frightened. She hadn't come down this deep, the walls seemed to echo with the screams of past prisoners as they were tortured. Wait...The screams were getting closer. It wasn't her imagination. Her heart thunder loudly as she felt the urge to run and help the suffering soul. Her teeth chattered as the sound stopped, goosebumps covered her skin. She was sure the screams were coming from this room, but Joegen had said they were visiting....oh, gods no! Her mind had imagined it, but she couldn't keep a shocked gasp from passing her lips. The princess was instantly in tears, seeing so much blood on and around Dakath. She darted toward the table, slipping a little on the slick substance on the floor. She grasped at his shirt, oblivious to the other three in the room. She had to be sure he would live. He had to. She couldn't let him go. He was still breathing. That was a good sign at least. Her dress and hands were quickly drenched in the crimson blood as she tore his guards uniform away until she could see his chest. Her tender fingers wandered over his skin, unable to find a wound to close though. Her eyes flicked back to the man's face, tears still pouring down her cheeks to drip down and mingle with the blood. Her soiled fingers gently stroked his cheeks....She couldn't speak. This was her fault...She had brought this on him....If only she had made him go away after she learned. She shot a pained look at Joegen when he spoke. "You hurt him. He never did anything to you!" She paused a moment to wait as sobs racked her body. "The boy I knew as a child wouldn't have done this..." She barely finished above a whisper. Her mind still didn't entirely understand it. She regained some of her composure to move her hands back to Dakath's bare chest. There may be an injury she couldn't see. The least she could do was stop any internal bleeding. Her face grew serious as she concentrated on the bluish light glowing under her red hands. She couldn't let him go...he had to live...

Sanya continued her song, only starting the tune over when she neared the end. So that had been his late lover...Sanya almost felt the need to cry with him. He wouldn't be able to forget his first love...there'd always be that shadow in his life. She just hoped to give enough support to him to get through it. A bit of warmth knotted in her stomach as he held on to her. She tried her best to not flinch or stiffen with the pressure he put on her sore body. Ignoring the pain was easy enough when the prince drew so much comfort from her. She had been about to allow her mind to dwell on the warmth his contact produced, but he stood before she could. Her song stopped as he stood and handed her the flask. Thank goodness for that, she felt as if a rock had lodged in her throat. With a quiet thank you said she took several drinks from the flask before handing it back to him. "I couldn't have you serving me in such a way, Sire. Playing nurse to a lowly servant is hardly something the Heir to the throne should be doing. I shall change my own bandage after you have settled down for the night." Yeah, right. In her condition she wouldn't be able to properly place the poultice not to mention wrap herself in a decent bandage.

Kharis looked at her trying to be cheerful "What did I say....out here I am to be called Khai not prince and you are my friend, no waiting on me hand and foot while we are out here" he told her. It was evening now and he decided they should stay by the stream for the night."If you will change your bandages I am going to take a dip in the river" With that he strode over the the river bank and took his tunic off and pants with his shoes and wadded into the water. He was sure she didn't want him watching her as she dressed herself in the poultice, so he made sure he didn't face her. He found a smooth rock to sit upon and relaxed as the cool water washed over his dirty body.It was hard to believe a moment ago they were facing a Dark Elf who seemed to have walked away when they noticed her, it was burned in his mind....her face was the same except darkened and she could almost pass for another Elf except he knew.His mind ran upon his Guard/maid and friend.....he could have really hurt her the day before, it was unacceptable that he of all people he couldn't control his forms, he was the Prince and yet...Kharis shook his head and splashed cold water into his face.He stood up to leave when he noticed two Elven male's walking towards the carriage and to where Sanya would be cleaning and bandaging herself.Perhaps they were simple folk and would pass on by he thought to himself hopefully but of course not...they stopped and pointed and walked further to the camp spot. Kharis had no clothes on and no weapons by him and poor Sanya was still injured, this night couldn't get any worse.

Joegen watched her run to her servants side with tears in her eyes. She was more then shocked he knew but it was the only way to retrieve the stone. The Dark Elf passed her and walked to him holding out the stone for him to take. Joegen snatched it in his hands and told the brothers to leave quickly but to find the other two stones.When they had left it was just Faelwen the half dead servant and himself in the room, it was very annoying how she refused to move from his side, her clothes were sucking up the blood stained floors as she searched for a wound on his body. There was none on the surface at least....it had been a sort of dark magic that puled the stone forth and now he must be bleeding internally. Which as the Princess was well versed in medicine she deduced that quickly."You have five minutes Faelwen" he told her but she lashed out at him telling him he wasn't the same person she knew. "No" he answered "I am better.....five minutes" he told her again and exited the cell chambers and waited outside for her.

Dakath could not feel his arms or legs anymore because it was searing in pain, he turned and twisted but he couldn't get far as he was still tied up. He did feel however the cold sticky blood trickling down over his body, he yelped in pain once more when a hand touched him all over, probably looking for more of what came out of him.He opened his eyes slightly, it was a woman a beautiful woman and she was crying for him...she looked so sad. Faelwen! he thought and his eyes snapped open but the pain made him double back and she placed her hands on him after snapping at someone else and slowly her hands began to glow. The pain grew still in his chest as he screamed and yelled in pain but eventually the pain subsided and he was stabilized.He turned his face over to the very tired Princess and lifted a weak hand to her own bloody one "You....shouldn't.....have come......I....I'm fine........Princess" he whispered weakly."Th..Thank you for saving me" The energy to talk finished him off as he fell into a deep and tired sleep. He wanted to stay awake...the Princess would be tired too but his eyelids didn't allow it and so he passed out.

"Your time with him is up Faelwen" Joegen said storming in and taking hold of her arm. "Upstairs your filthy....and once your bathed and dressed you will join me for dinner, I will make sure he stays alive " He promised. After all he did give her his word, but allowing him to stay in the castle was another story. He dragged her away from the cells and the Guards locked Dakath inside again.

Sanya stared at him, bewildered that he would still hold to what he said back then. She had just assumed it had been for while they were in the village. She blushed yet again as Kharis clearly mentioned bathing in the river. Part of her told her to just go with it and head back to the carriage, but she watched him. What had happened that would make him so quick to want to help her? The red on her cheeks deepened as the prince proceeded in ditching his clothes to the side. This brought her to her senses as she made her way to their carriage as fast as she could. Sanya had to pause half way there to catch her breath, but she made it. The first order of business would be making a fire. That was quickly ablaze, giving Sanya enough light to work with. Here she paused a moment, looking around to be sure she was alone. It took her a moment to gather enough will to slip her shirt off, revealing the bandages winding around her chest. Her shirt was gently hung over one of the carriage wheels. She was still covered enough at the moment that she wouldn't mind walking around like this, as long as Kharis remained in the river. She heated some water, knowing she would need to wash the wound before bandaging it again. Oh, this was going to be such a pain to do alone.

With the water heated, Sanya brought it with the other supplies over to the carriage side. With her front facing the carriage, she sat down and began unwinding the tight bandage. The first thing she did once it was off was to take a deep breath. The she-elf had it just a little too tight. Sanya looked at the piece that had been covering the arrow wound. It didn't look like it had been bleeding much. That was a good thing. Hmm, now to wash the area off. The thought made her cringe. She dipped the end of the rag into the warm water only to hiss in pain as the rag touched the wound. It felt as if fire had spread over the area. Pushing the pain away, Sanya found herself too absorbed in forgetting the pain that she didn't hear the approach of the two men. It wasn't until she turned to toss out the dirtied water that she saw them out of the corner of her eye. A shrill cry left her lips as she quickly snatched her shirt and held it to her chest in and attempt to hide herself from their view. She stumbled to her feet, and tried backing away from the men. She pulled out the one dagger she still had hidden in her skirts and held it in front of her while the other hand held her shirt against her front. The sudden movement took it's toll on her though, and she soon felt light headed. She must have strained the area by her wound as well, cause that had begun to ache again. "You have no business here. Leave." She tried to keep the pleading tone out of her voice, but it was there nonetheless.

Five minutes....Faelwen heard, but didn't want to obey. She wanted to stay all night here....to be sure Dakath would live. He had yelped when she first touched him, for that she apologized quickly. He was still in pain....no wonder from the treatment he'd gotten. His shouts of pain led more tears to fall from her eyes as she continued to work. "I'm sorry...just bear it...please....you have to....I can't...." She couldn't speak as she found her energy sapped away quickly by his broken body. So there had been internal injuries. Many of them. The light flickered a moment, but grew stronger as she forced herself to use any spare energy she could. His shouts died away as she found fewer things sapping the energy from her. Fae allowed the blueish light to dim until it was no more. Her blood shot eyes snapped up to Dakath's face as he spoke to her. "No...you're not fine....they....they took your stone...and it's my fault..." She felt so tired. Her body sank down until she was on her knees, her head leaning against the bloodied table. She had to look terrible now, but she didn't care. Her mind felt foggy. She blinked tiredly at Joegen as he stormed in and took her by the arm. She didn't have the will to resist. Her mind was in a fog as she was dragged through the castle halls, probably trailing blood everywhere.

He took her to the bathing area to get cleaned up. Two maids rushed over to help their mistress with her bath. They were concerned about her, never had she been so worn out from anything before. Her clothes were taken and disposed of, while her body received a good wash in rosewater, and was rubbed down with her favorite scented oils. Her hair was carefully combed through and washed before they loosely braided it. Another maid brought out a clean dress for the princess to wear. It was low cut in a 'v' on the back, while the front came up in a halter style neck. The deep blue fabric shimmered in the light as if dozens of stars were embedded in the satin folds. Fingerless black gloves were pulled up to the middle of the princess's upper arm to cover a bit more skin. So the princess emerged before being guided to the dining hall. Faelwen stayed silent, still seeing images of Dakath's bloody body playing through her mind. The bath helped to wake her up, but her limbs still felt heavy.

The two Elves saw her trying to cover herself and curiously stepped into the fire light for a better look.It was a lovely Elf woman but she held a dagger in her hand warning them to step away from her. One of them put his hands up innocently "We are on our way to the kingdom of the highking, we were wondering if we were on the right road is all...." he said to her "by the way a lovely she-elf like yourself shouldn't be alone at night in these woods, someone might attack you or take you away." He said a little concerned. The older Elf pushed his friend aside "we cant just leave you alone pretty one" he said in a gruff tone and began to step towards her, he got close enough to realize she was injured and weak and made a grab at the dagger in her hand. "Ha...what is s woman doing with this?" he laughed at her and placed a hand on her shoulder's pulling her closer to him. The younger Elf wasn't liking it one bit "Hey she doesn't like that....you can't just do that to every girl you see..." but he was cut off "Shut up boy..." he snapped at him. Turning back to the girl he took his hand and began to pull on the shirt she used to cover herself with "I will keep you safe if you warm my bed tonight" he smiled, his breath smelled of wine.

Kharis was thankful they hadn't spotted him and made his way to the side of the river to retrieve his clothes. He could hear their conversation as he hurried to stuff his legs into his brown pants. It wasn't until he picked up his shirt that he stopped. One of them was telling her to warm his bed and that was enough to set him angry.He stepped out from behind the bushes and glared at them both, his chest glimmered with the cuts he got all over it. The older Elf turned to see him standing there "you there...whats your business here?" he asked.
Kharis was in a bad mood now "Remove your filthy hands off my woman" he snarled in a deep voice. The old man didn't budge "She is here on her own stupid and since I found her first she is mine" Kharis pulled both his double edge blades out of their sheaths and walked towards the man in full hurried strides. "Then you will simply die" Kharis said without any emotion behind his words. The older Elf let go of Sanya and stepped back "Curse you boy....shes only a wench....just a random wench on the road...she would have died if we hadn't found her." he cried. Kharis shot forward and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck dropping one of his blades and stared Icily at him "Stick out your tongue" he told the Elf. The Elf shook in fear, no...no please..."
"STICK OUT YOU TONGUE OR DIE" Kharis repeated.
The younger Elf ran to his side "Sir please...he was drunk, he knew not what he said"
Kharis looked disgustingly at the Elf boy but stopped and let the man drop on his knees begging and pleading.
He turned to see Sanya and helped her to her feet, still clutching the shirt to cover her front. "I trust you are ok?" he asked?
He knew deep down she didn't like to see killing, and if it wasn't for that boy he would done him through. "It's ok now" he grinned all of a sudden "your with me"

She was leaving him...deep down to his core he didn't want her to go but at the same time it was no place for her to be, he wanted her safe and she would be....away from him for now at least. He was unchained and made to stand, with Faelwen's abilities he was able to do this on his own now with out any pain, he was mended from the inside. Soon he was taken to a small area where he could bathe and dress but his weapon wasn't brought to him and he received no answer as to the Princess's whereabouts. One of the Guards met with him once he was finished cleaning himself and dressed "You are to leave the palace and this Kingdom never to come back...you are free now leave through that door down the hall and never show your face again." Dakath raised a brow "Or what? you will kill me?" he asked. The Guard stepped back a little bit but Dakath pushed passed him "Whatever I was just leaving anyway" he told him and walked down the hallway to the door. Outside he realized he was by the large dump where they threw away old things, dead carcasses and other nasty items behind the palace walls. He crawled out and breathed in fresh air, his next thing to do was take Faelwen away from this place an hide her somewhere safe for the time being, he would have to change into his air animal to do this. He found a tree nearby and plotted what he was to do, when he was going to do it and how.

Alena was standing by the dinning table waiting nervously for the princess to come in.What would she think? when she saw that her future husband had cancelled the dinner tonight? she thought fidgeting.The Princess was announced and out she came, a face still as stone and unsmiling.She looked weakened and pale to Alena but she never dared say that much, it was her job to explain to the Princess what Joegen wanted and hopefully she could talk to her alone.When Princess Faelwen approached the table looking a little confused as to why Joegen wasn't anywhere in sight Alena bowed very deeply her blonde braids just touching the floor and her peasant brown woolen dress hiking up showing her bare feet."Your grace..." she said "Joegen has regretted to inform you that he must cancel tonight's dinner...he has pressing matters on the east side of the Kingdom and has urged you to eat alone to keep up your strength and that he will alert you when he comes back later tonight." She told her. She kept her voice low now and her head bowed "When you finished eating....may we speak alone Princess?" she asked hoping she wouldn't get side kicked by one of the Guards.It didn't matter if she were a little Elf Maid...the Prince's Guards were rough on her day and night and somehow she became a little puppet...but if it was for the good of her fellow servant Dakath who seemed so dependable and the beautiful princess she would do what she could.

Last edited:
Sanya had allowed herself to relax a little as the younger elf had begun to explain. That was a huge relief. She wasn't quite sure what she would have done if they had been intent on taking advantage of her. Before she was too relaxed though, the older elf strode closer and grabbed her before she had a chance to swing her dagger. She struggled against him, but stopped after the pain of her wound was too much to ignore. She could feel something warm running down her back. Her wound must have torn when she struggled. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she imagined the worst. She held the shirt tighter, hoping that Kharis had heard them by now, and would come to aide her. Something had taken the elf's attention off her, and Kharis's voice demanded that she be let go.

My woman.... What did he mean by that? Sanya blushed as the words ran circles in her head. Everything happened too fast for her to realize what was happening. She had been dropped to the ground, and simply stayed on her knees. The prince was already threatening the man's life. She shook her head, not understanding why Kharis would have gotten that upset with the man. Or did she understand? It was almost like what she had wanted to do when the she-elf had gone into Kharis's room last night. But surely the prince had other reasons. Finally it was over, and Kharis helped her to stand. She was still a little shaken, and found it hard to not shake. "I...I think I-I'm alright...My p-I mean, Khai." She managed a timid smile before blushing madly. She was standing here, with minimal covering close to a shirtless prince. "K-Khai....I-I...Put something on!" She turned quickly, staggering away from them a couple steps. She didn't think about the now bleeding wound her uncovered back would expose.

Faelwen was a little confused at the empty table. Where had the prince gone so suddenly? She turned to the little girl, and listened quietly. Ah, so that was all...was it. Fae managed a tiny smile as the maid requested an audience with her. With a wave of her hand, she kept any guard from beating the child. "If I am of service to you, I will gladly hear you out, child." She spoke softly, her voice a hushed whisper. "We may speak in my quarters after I have dined. I'm sure the prince wouldn't be pleased if I just skipped this meal." Reluctantly she turned to seat herself, and ate in silence. It didn't take her long either, with the light dinner she requested. When she was finished, she stood and beckoned for the girl to follow her. "I will retire to my room tonight. If the prince wishes to speak with me, he may send a messenger." she declared to the guards standing close. Fae led the girl down to her room, and opened the door for the child. "We may speak privately here."

Kharis was still concerned but then totally forgot that she had no clothing on...He rounded on the two Elves standing there "DON'T LOOK FOOLS" he snapped at them. The older elf hid behind a tree and the young elf turned around and closed his eyes. Kharis also waited for her to slip on her clothes when he noticed her arrow wound.It had reopened and was bleeding a little. He needed to make something for her quick.The older Elf cursed them and decided to leave beckoning the young Elf to follow but he refused and made him leave alone. "I can be of use sir" the young Elf tried to smile "I am actually studying medicine and wanted an audience with the princess...I believe I have something that would help her research." Kharis found that most Elves studying Medicine could be trusted so he sent him out to make a poultice for Sanya while getting a small bowl and filling it with water and dipping a cloth into it. "Come here" he told Sanya but he knew she would refuse his help an be stubborn so he ordered it.Her back was to him now bare and wounded, and he washed it gently .It was odd...he never saw her bare back before now and all of a sudden...his face went red with shame.

Alena waited patiently for the Princess to finish eating. She ate so little that she was fearful if she would pass out on the way back. When she was finished though she cleaned the plates away and gave them to her other maids and followed the Princess back to her room where they could speak in private.She was fearful that she wouldn't get to speak with her alone but she seemed so willing that she was more hopeful and bolder now.Once in the room Alena looked around excitedly almost forgetting herself. It was packed with books and research papers, chemistry sets and vials,poultices and small potions.She had always herd that Faelwen was smart but she must be a master mind the little she Elf thought. "Sorry my lady....I forgot myself....forgive me please" she asked with a curtsy. Looking around suspiciously she pulled out a small folded paper from the inside of her clothes "My princess...a message from the Prince your brother....it came earlier and Prince Joegen read it and ordered it burned." She unfolded the paper smoothing it out and handed it to the Princess to read.

Sanya had begun trembling as she thought about how she may be ruined for marriage. Three men had now witnessed her without a shirt, not that much was seen. But these times...she knew eligible males would be choosy. It wasn't as if she wanted to marry anyone at the moment though, with her current situation it was impossible. She painfully had begun to slip her arms through the proper places of her shirt when the words of those nearby made her pause. Oh, stars no! Her face exploded in another dark blush as she hurried to slip the shirt over her head, which she managed, just in time for Kharis to tell her to come over to him. She turned and shook her head vigorously, noting that the prince had a bowl of fresh water and a rag in hand. Still she shook her head and backed away unsteadily, hoping he would just give in like the last time. He did no such thing. In fact, he ordered her to step closer and remove the covering. Now she had no choice. Hanging her head she defeatedly stepped over closer to the fire's light. If they insisted on helping, she wanted to be sure she could stay in one place, and not have them move her around too much. Still she hesitated with lifting her now bloodied shirt over her head. She pulled it over her head, but not off her arms, effectively keeping her chest hidden. Her arms crossed in front of her as she bowed her head. She felt as if she would burst into flames in an instant, so was the effect of embarrassment on her.

The water was cold to her heated skin, and she flinched away at first. The maid bit her lip as she bore the shame of being so exposed and in the care of men, one being the prince. He was gentle with the method, and didn't rub too hard on the tender flesh. Whatever poison that had been used seemed focused on destroying the area around her wound, thankfully resulting in some numbness of the area. Sanya wasn't sure if she'd ever get full feeling in her back anymore. There may always be an area that was entirely void of feeling. She was lucky the she-elf had been able to draw the poison out. A physical give away of the poisons current effect was the amount of cloudy grey liquid that oozed from her wound with the blood. The broken skin that had touched the arrow was graying as well, already looking dead. Sanya's mind was more focused on how the two would manage to wrap her torso in bandages again. If they stayed behind her, an accidental touch to her front would be unavoidable. She wouldn't cooperate if either of them were in front of her, and she wouldn't be able to wrap herself. Perhaps then, she would need to lend her aid, and simply bring around the bandage and hand it back to them. She would be the one to make sure it laid right in the front. For that though....she needed to rid herself of the shirt. Another wave of heat rose to her cheeks as she thought of being entirely exposed to any wandering eyes in front of her.

Faelwen giggled softly at the girls wonder. Yes, she did suppose it was a little overwhelming. Her eyes remained locked on the sparkling eyes of the child in front of her. The girl looked as if there were spies in the shadows. "Don't worry. The wards around the room keep any sounds inside here. The curtains are drawn, so no one will be looking in. And the door is only able to be opened with my permission. We are safe here." She explained this, hoping it would ease some of the girls fear. The princess's eyes widened as this maid produced a letter from her brother. Where did she get it? Ah, so Joegen had intended for it to never be seen by the proper eyes. She shook her head sadly, thinking about how far Joegen had fallen in her eyes. He was no longer someone she could simply accept as a husband. There were far too many things he'd done to make her doubt him. Fae took the note and carefully slid it into the bodice folds of her dress. "Thank you, young one. You risked a lot by bringing this to me. Now...would you like to help me?"

The princess walked to her desk and sat there a few moments. She gathered a blank paper and her quill and ink. She quickly scribbled a note to Dakath, and blew gently on the ink to help it dry. If she were right in guessing, the prince would likely not keep her guard around. Fae couldn't even be sure he was allowed to live, or if he had woken yet. But she had to explain everything to him, and apologize for getting him into such trouble. It wasn't in Dakath's nature to run, she knew that much. If he'd been sent away, he wouldn't go far....especially if she suspected correctly that he harbored feelings for her. Their time together in recent days had proven to her that each of them saw the other in a different light than what would commonly be accepted. With the ink now dry, Fae folded the paper into a small square, and handed it to Alena. "This is an equally dangerous task that may cause you trouble. Please do not take it if you wish to live without trouble. I need this to be brought to Dakath, if you see him. I believe he may be around nearby still. He may not appear as an elf though.....I only know of his land form...a tiger. His other forms, I don't believe I've seen them..." She thought hard for a moment, thinking back to when she had been summoned to Joegen's room. Dakath had been watching her, but where had he been? She recalled a small white speck sitting not far off in a tree, perhaps that had been him... "He may have the form of a white bird...but I am not sure. Can you do this for me? It would be a large help."

Here was the princess's letter:
Dakath:
I pray that this note finds you well. I worry that I may have missed something in my healing. If your reading this, that would mean the prince has at least kept his side of our deal. Yes, forgive me, but I had agreed to marry Joegen in three days time in exchange for your life. I do not regret this if you are living. That means more to me than the situation I now find myself. Consider it my way of apology. I knew you had possessed a piece of the trinity stone, yet I kept silent. I could have saved you the pain you endured if I had spoken up sooner. Forgive me. My lack of thought nearly cost your life. I ask that you not do anything rash, I would rather my bargain not be thrown aside. Please start a new life, that would mean a lot to me.

Forever grateful for your service.
Faelwen

When the wound was cleaned, the young Elf and sat in a corner and crushed hard at the herbs he had gathered and poured some water into it. It took him a while but finally he was finished and handed it over to Kharis to use on her back.He applied it carefully knowing she probably would be self conscious of her exposed skin. He grabbed at the bandages and gave her the roll to start and together they wrapped her in to it securing it tightly around her and finished with a clip to hold it together. When he was done Kharis stood up and called the young Elf over "thank you for your help, the HighKing's palace is this way" he pointed "It will take you two days from this point" he told him. The young Elf thanked him hesitantly and ran off in the direction, which to Kharis was stupid anyway as he was on his own and could very well die before reaching the Kingdom.It was no longer his concern though once he had left and he turned his attention to Sanya once more and scooped her into his arms and put her in the carriage where it would be more comfortable for her. "You should rest...if you move around to much you might reopen your wounds" he told her. Somehow he was exhausted but he proceeded to take out what was left of the meat to roast on the fire when suddenly it hit him hard like a ton of bricks.....what the hell did he say earlier?? what possessed him to say she was his woman? and why did it take him until now to realize what he had said out loud? he sideways glanced at Sanya and felt his face grow hot so he focused on the meat in front of him.He now felt very stupid.

Alena curtsied again and took the Princess's letter stuffing it in the lining of her clothes for safe keeping."Yes I will do anything to help you Princess" she told her smiling happily. "Before my mother passed away she always told me to be with someone who always treated me like a princess...if you ask me...out of the Prince and Sir Dakath....the prince shouldn't get to have you." The girl bowed graciously and slipped from the room quietly and down the hall. If the Princess really wanted to she could have hit her for her insolence...why had she said that? she wondered, either way it was true, Prince Joegen was becoming crueler and crueler every day he was here and she couldn't stand the way he was treating everyone and the Princess.The first place she checked was Dakaths quarters, it was very empty as everything had been moved.She checked in different places all over the castle but found no traces of him.She saw a couple of guards coming from the dungeons "Hello!" she dipped into her curtsy smiling "What happens to servants who are let go from the castle? if they are let go?" she asked them innocently. The looked down at her disgusted and shoved her a side with no answer for her, so she took her search outside and straight to the garden's. She figured he would be there since that was the place the Princess loved to go most. When she reached she looked all over and found not a soul save for a large wing she spotted in the bushes. It was a large white wing and as she walked closer she saw eyes glinting in the moonlight and talons large and sharp digging into the soil."D...D....Dakath?" she tried to ask it.She was afraid but the princess had mentioned a white bird of some sort. The bird shrank down to size and the wings were gone and slowly the Talons were gone as well, in its place stood the tall bronze Elf with the cold purple eyes looking at her with a frown.

"Who might you be" he asked her abruptly "I am Alena...I braided your hair" she told him nervously. Dakath gave her a warm smile "Yes thank you little one...why are you out here alone?" he asked.She fumbled with her clothing and produced a small square paper and handed it to him clearly happy to be of service.He read it slowly and crumbled it after he was done "Where is she now?" he asked simply. "She is in her room sir..she may be asleep by now...she looked mighty tired" she looked concerned at Dakath who was breathing heavily and was on one knee now gathering energy. "What happened to you!" Alena asked him. "Nothing...I will be fine...I need to get to her and bring her someplace safe...I refuse to have her under his control." He growled. "Do you love the princess?" Alena asked excitedly. Dakath said nothing and staggered up. I need to get back to the Castle If I can be any help send a bird to me I am usually in the kitchens and nobody cares about the kitchens" she smiled "Do what you must Dakath" she bowed and left. Dakath summoned as much energy as he could and turned back into the white snow owl he was earlier. If he was going to do this he had better do it now he thought to himself.

He soon found himself on top of the roof of the Princess's room and changed back into an Elf as he landed.He was now hanging off the side hopping to drop onto the window ledge.He did just that but the curtains were drawn and the window closed, he could see a candle light and the silhouette of Faelwen.He breathed slowly glad she was safe and sound and rapped on the window pane loudly almost like a bird would hoping she would come to shoo the bird away and see him. He rapped it again and again and he could see her coming closer and closer until the curtains flew open and they stared at each other for a moment. It all came rushing to him then. He wanted her and no one else, she looked as if tear were going to flow from her eyes and when she opened up the window....he leaned forward and kissed her....long...deep and passionate. "I love you" He whispered.

Sanya devoted herself entirely to listening to the elf crushing up herbs to be used as a poultice. She couldn't think about the prince sitting so close behind her gently wiping away the blood and grime from her wound. His hand was steady, comforting…much like the times they had been alone together back at the palace. She prepared herself for the sting of herbs when she noticed the bowl being handed to Kharis. Even with this he was overly gentle, as if he feared that he may touch her heated skin. Sanya blushed hard when she realized that if he had brushed by her skin with his fingers, she wouldn't have minded. If it were just him…she wouldn't mind being like this. She carefully slid the shirt off her arms and placed it in her lap so she could help him wrap her chest. Back and forth they passed it, anytime his fingers brushed her skin a new blush would rise to her neck and face. Accidental or not, it still made it hard for her to concentrate.. Her blush faded when her chest was once more covered in bandages and hidden from view. The shirt was painfully pulled over her head once more, and simply allowed to hang loose. The top band of her skirt was a little damp due to little bits of water that had run down her back. Here Sanya paused for a moment, trying to still decipher what the prince had meant when he called her his. Her hands balled up the fabric of her skirt as her face was again stained with pink. He couldn't have meant it that way could he? No, it had to be a slip of his tongue. She was his servant, and could be considered a possession. Yes...perhaps that was it. Either way, it was enough to allow her to ignore the rapid fluttering in her stomach whenever those words rang through her mind. Having made her peace with that, she decided to attempt to stand.

The woman hadn't gotten to stand properly when a pair of strong arms swept her off her feet. Upon seeing Kharis's face in the glowing light of the campfire, a pleasant warmth heated her body. He carried her to the carriage and set her down to allow her to rest in comfort. But without his arms around her, Sanya felt as if the air had become chilly. She curled up into herself as best as she could without straining the bandages or her wound. He had carried her...as if she weighed nothing...a small smile tugged at her lips as her love stricken mind took hold of the gesture as romantic. How terrible of her. She was Kharis's guard, and yet, she wished for the protection of his arms around her. He couldn't have meant it that way. She couldn't allow herself to hope like this. It had been made clear earlier that he didn't view her that way. Sanya forced herself to remember Kharis's ways, simply acting on his impulses. The will to carry her must have been a passing whim upon seeing a woman in need. He would have done it for any lady. She wasn't special in any way to him. She wasn't. The walls of the carriage seemed to creep closer to her as she lay there. She would always be a guard and servant to him, that was all. Hugging herself, she turned to lay with minimal pain in her back. Thankfully the herbs had begun to take away the pain. She toyed with the idea of sleeping. Here in the carriage she wouldn't be able to react fast enough if they were attacked in the night. The idea of sleeping outside beside the fire was thrown aside though, in her condition she would likely fall out of the carriage and injure herself further. Being a burden to the prince wasn't something she wished for. The maid resigned herself to accept the current situation, and allowed sleep to take her. Her mind flitted between awake and asleep for most of the night though, even if she were tired, she didn't want anything to catch them off guard in the night.

Faelwen found herself smiling sadly as the little girl left with her parting words. "So do I, child….but the world isn't always like that." The princess prayed that her letter would find Dakath well, and that the girl wouldn't be caught and punished. Having nothing else productive to set her mind to, she teetered over to her chair, slumping in it tiredly. Her brother's letter was pulled from her bodice and unfolded. With each word she read, Joegen's decision to burn it made more sense. If her brother could see this now, he would be furious. Another sheet of blank paper was taken, and Fae set about writing a reply for him. She first addressed his question of the Trinity Stones. The removal process, and likelyhood of all three being hidden in the bodies of various elves was mentioned, as well as the recent happening of Dakath's stone being removed. Fae allowed the question of how she was able to get such information to go unanswered. If her brother thought she went to the libraries that was for the best. A moment's thought, and the princess went on to explain the current situation, and Joegen's change. Time passed quickly for her as she became absorbed in her almost two page reply. The first round of tapping at the window was unheard by her. But while it continued, she grew irritated. Her writing was paused as she had been about to explain the agreement to marry Joegen to save Dakath's life.

Fae stood and turned to the window, the moonlight allowing a large silhouette to be seen. Fear clutched at the edges of her mind as she wondered who would be outside her window at this time. She no longer had Dakath here if she were in danger. Her mind told her to simply leave it, or call a guard, but her own curiosity won out, and the curtain was drawn aside. Her eyes widened as she recognised the large body and purple eyes of her guard. Turmoil raged in her mind as several emotions welled up inside her causing her eyes to tear up. The wish to not have Dakath discovered won out in the end. He could be killed if they found him at her window. Working quickly with trembling fingers, Faelwen pulled the glass panels open. A reprimand waited on her tongue, but went no further as soft lips pressed hungrily against her own. Heat blossomed in her stomach, causing her breath to catch in her throat. A soft breeze cooled the tears that had slipped from her eyes. She found herself savoring this moment, not wanting it to end. Her own response was to clutch tightly at his shirt, and lift herself to her tip toes to return the passion he gave in this kiss. Worry dropped away from her as they stood locked in time for several moments. Her knees felt weak as they broke apart, her lips still tingling softly in residual pleasure. Then the words filtered softly into her ear. She gave him enough time to step into her room and off the ledge before engulfing his large body in a needy hug. The rapid pace of her heart seemed to match his own irregular heartbeat. "I love you too...that's why I wanted you to leave...I can't handle you being harmed like that again. Not when I can prevent it…" She allowed quiet sobs to take over her voice. The nightmare of hearing his screams of torment when they neared the cell, and the sight of so much blood. What if she hadn't been able to heal him? He nearly died once, she couldn't live on if he were killed. His chest muffled the sound of her crying as her tears were soaked into the material of his shirt. The window was still open, allowing curious guards to peer into the room. Fae didn't notice though. She had truly believed that she wouldn't see him again, and here he was….exactly where she wanted him to stay. Nearby and in her embrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.