Fallen Feathers OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last chance for any other player created races! The IC goes up tomorrow morning (because I left it way too late today. Bad GM).

I should just give up on that, shouldn't I?

Alright everyone! The IC is up, and only a day (or two) late. Go ahead and bring your characters in.

*NOTE* - THE CITY GUARDS WILL NOT OPEN THE VILLAGE GATES TO LET THE MERCENARIES IN. THEY HAVE NO SUPPLIES TO TRADE, AND THEIR OWN WOUNDED TO CARE FOR. OUR CHARACTERS ARE ON THEIR OWN, UNLESS THEY ARRIVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

Speaking of arriving with someone else...

@Freedom @Zeraj Would you like to write a collaborative post for our characters' entrances, since they are arriving together?

@Manhattan Project

If you could post Ayakashi in a separate post from Ruthgar, I'd really appreciate it. It'll help me better keep track of characters.

Also, if you'd be willing to give me just enough of a history on each of them so that I know why they are there, it would really help me if I ever need to hijack them. Thanks!

I just made my post. If anyone wants to use it as a start off be my guest :)

Oh. I want to clarify this, for everyone's sake. There's no need to go into the city unless you want to. All of the plot is going to take place outside of the city.

@mahigan I will not be entering the city but playing off of @lynzy 's post as one of the remaining party members. Feel free to jump in and help me out...or keep me alive. XD

Reactions: lynzy
Posted... kinda might've forced your hand a bit but since your CS said she mostly stays in the kid form... I rolled with that. XD

A fire? In the middle of a massive forest? Right next to a city that is almost entirely made out of wood?

Assuming a stray gust doesn't start a massive forest fire and kill everyone, no villager will thank you for that plan.

You've never burned leaves before have you?

Pretty much the only thing that will burn will be the parts coated with accelerant [oil]. Dead leaves in a pile compost quickly and become a wet sticky mess... and stinky. It burns very slow and creates a great deal of smoke.

No, I've never burned leaves, but this isn't a managed pile in someone's backyard, surrounded by healthy, heavily watered grass. If there are dropped leaves on a large enough level to burn for the effect you are describing, it would be near the forest. Any stray tongues of flame would catch onto undergrowth, and any undead that walked through the flames would spread it even further, potentially into the grass that surrounds the village. Then you don't have a leaf fire, you have a brushfire. And that spreads, fast, with even a hint of wind.

-shrugs- I have burned leaves in a forest setting [during autumn] and it tends to smolder more than anything. My grandma has a woods behind her farm that we clean out every five years or so around Thanksgiving.

If you want me to change my post, I will. I was assuming a clearing of sorts around the town's wall. I hadn't considered the thought of a burning undead running away, however.

It's your party. I'm just here to have a good time. XD

A collaborative post is fine.

My dad burned down the barn when I was a kid while burning stuff, the wind picked up and took control of it from him. Guess it just depends on the circumstances.

@WarriorHeart ...Ultimately it wouldn't have a highly dramatic effect, because the mages on the wall would put it out once it started to spread. But that would be their magic for the day, and it would leave the town with fewer defenses against the undead, and the soldiers would have to go out into the field again to beat the undead back. How many people survive, and even whether or not Oak Haven survives the attack, is still in the air right now, depending on how you guys all act. I won't force you to edit out the fire, but if you want to let it burn it will have an effect on the story. That's it.

@Freedom @Zeraj Great! I'll send you guys a PM with a space were we can write the post. Hop on over whenever you have time, and we can start building it up.

-silently watches-

Status
Not open for further replies.