Fallen Feathers OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
o,0 you changed your name?

O,o' what for? You runnin' from the cops?​

Yeah I'm still around if you are :)​

Sorry for perhaps striking down as a bit dumb, but I have read most of the information and it looks quite splendid. Wanted to say that instead of just dropping a like.
And I had the cheeky question to ask if I can drop a CS just here or if it would be preferred if I would pm it. My apologies for the cheeky and dumb question, as I had read that it is sort of closed, but I thought it would be better if I would ask instead of just turn away.

Gah! No notifications!? Oi... -_-

Hey, everyone! Apparently I haven't gotten any notifications for this thread for nearly a month! O.o I thought everyone had abandoned it completely...

So, lets have your (seriously awful) GM play a bit of catchup.

@Gerontis You are perfectly free to submit an application, even though there are no open spots. I'll review it no matter what, and we can talk about ways to incorporate your character that don't directly relate to the main plot line. If, of course, you still want to. I've left you hanging for long enough that you have every reason to believe I'll be no better a GM in the future.

Speaking of waiting-lists... @Felicantus , since WarriorHeart no longer has the time for this story, Carlin can join the main plot line, if you like! When I write the GM post (it really is coming. I'll be good, I swear) I can have Carlin sneak out of the city with one of the... three groups that currently exists. He'll get to go look for the source of the undead as well. Let me know if you have any specific plans for how he leaves, or if you are done with this story as well.

Since Incubus seems to have left the site altogether, that leaves us with one more open space in the main party. @Edge seriously, PM me. We need to talk. Otherwise, I'll open up the last space to general recruitment.

As for everyone else, I'd like to do a roll call to make sure that people I haven't heard from are still invested, despite my flop in paying attention. I need to know how many characters I need to kill. :)

@Zeraj @mahigan @Manhattan Project @lynzy (I know you and Sin are still in on this, I just wanted to let you both know that I'm getting alerts again)

I'm still interested!
I'm the last post in the IC thread after all (IIRC) :>

I am also still in! I've just been ridiculously busy with homework and tests... Ugh. Studying to become a teacher requires phonetics. Ever heard of that? Test is coming up in like... 3 weeks and yet, I'm far too busy! Now, however, I actually have two weeks of holidays so I has time!

As for my joining up the main group, I would love to. I'll drop you a line right now as to what I had in mind.

Cheers!

Name: Felix Amurin

Race: Human

Class: Rogue

Appearance:

Personality: Felix is a disciplined individual, taking great care in his studies and keeping a firm sight on his goals as he moves through life. The one thing he allows as a distraction in his life is his cat, Nixy, whom he treats as the queen of all cats. He can be a bit intense, especially when he's enthusiastic about something. He disregards personal space and he finds himself using a raised voice without even noticing it. It is not unusual to see Nixy go along with this behavior, a thing which goes a long way in getting Felix even more excited than he already was. As you might have guessed, he's an excitable man. He's more of a child at heart than anything else. Felix is also quite the scoundrel, compulsive thief and rogue extraordinaire, at least according to himself.

History: He doesn't talk overly much about his history. His story, as he tells it, is short. He was born someplace, then grew up and wandered off, now he's with you. Which of these is most important to your current state of affairs?

Magic: None.

Notable Skills: Skilled and experienced poison mixer, trained swordsman, street-trained fighter, can roll a cigarette one-handed while arm wrestling with the other.

Possessions: Nixy, first of all. He never leaves behind his grey and white-streaked kitten. If he did, she would find and follow him soon enough, regardless, probably eyeing him meanly with her green-yellow eyes. He also has a seemingly endless supply of cat nibbles about his person. Anything from dried meat to crunchy cookies seem to wander about on their own in his coat pockets. As for weapons, he carries several throwing knives about his person, as well as a long, curved sword, a pair of knuckledusters and a small stout club studded with steel. He also has a large satchel, usually carried at the small of his back tied to his belt in which he carries a mind blowing amount of things. Vials with dried out branches, small bundles of leather with leaves, potions, you name it, he has some in that satchel.

Alignments: Money, himself, Nixy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why, but I can't get the picture to get any smaller... Meh.

Like we talked about Peregrine, Felix the Rogue, ready for things! ^^

@Peregrine Is it okay if I submit the application through PM? I fear that I may have some difficulties creating a character fit for the universe due to the mechanics and such. I will try my best to make sure I understand everything the first time though, but if I were to be put on a waiting list of some sort, I'd rather have my character all good to go before I put them up here and get official approval when spots are open.

That's just fine! I await your PM expectantly.

First of all, Happy New Year! The best of luck and fun to all of you for the new year!

Down to business. Was there a new post coming up to roll things along? I realize it's been the holidays over the past time but I'm just wondering. ^^

Reactions: falk
Hey, Felicantus, and happy holidays to you as well! Thank you for your patience, and I'm going to reward it with complete honesty at this point.

I am starting to learn more and more that I am a bad GM. I'm not good at being the omniscient power for this story, for you guys to push against and be guided by. I'm far, far to used to writing one on ones, where I'm a partner, not a director, and I'm making the adaption far too slowly for my tastes, and for the needs of this story.

If you guys push me, I'll respond. Don't be patient with me. Get frustrated when I ignore you. Post here, PM me, slap me in my profile page. I give you my permission. That will get me going, if simply because I hate being a disappointment.

Alternatively, take control of your own story. I know that Iuitl is waiting on the Road group and I need to kill Corban, but no one else really needs anything from me yet. Hook up, start looking for the undead. Follow their tracks, get in trouble. As questions, push the limits a bit. If you go too far, or break anything important, believe me, I'll let you know. When you start getting close to the source, then I'll start making some planned, plot-related problems.

Alternatively to the alternate, someone volunteer to Co-GM with me. I'll give you some hints, and give you some writing to do. :)

Well, here goes!

First of all, *slaps Peregrine*. Yup, there, done.

Secondly, I am kinda of in love with this story and as such I would also love to help by GM'ing part of the story. Feel free to drop me a line on this. Granted, I am busy with my bachelor and my internship is starting again soon, so time will become an issue. However, a few hours a week is a definite amount of time in which I can work on this story.

I am busily writing up a post for Carlin, and, just to give you guys a heads up, he will be staying in town and working an angle from there. I am waiting for Felix to be introduced but if you prefer, I can introduce him myself as well. I do have some fun banter set up between Carlin and Felix, so just let me know which you prefer and I will work from there.

Finally, is everyone still here? The roll call is done but I can't see everyone having reported in yet. Unless they dropped you a pm, Peregrine, then perhaps a few new players might be a good idea. Time is always an issue but lack of posts kills a good story completely and that can be avoided by adding fresh, precious blood. I kinda want to see this RP through to the end so, despite severe horrifying test week stress, I am uploading aforementioned post on Carlin this week, before midnight on Sunday. If you want me to take Felix off your hands and introduce him myself, let me know and I will add him in there.

Good. Keep doing that if I ignore you for too long. I don't mind being pushed. As far as what too long is... I'll leave you to decide that.

Give me... three days. In three days I have to return to school, and if I haven't gotten my butt in gear and posted by then it probably won't be happening for a while. I may have you introduce Felix anyways, simply because I don't really feel that I know enough about him to post for him yet. There's a spot for him to jump in about saving a drow, I'll leave you to decide if you want to follow that or not.

Incubus (Freedom) and Zeraj are both gone, but their characters are going to be sticking around for a bit, because of their relationship with Cirdan and Connas. I'll be controlling them, since those four are all together already. You took WarriorHeart's place, and Edge (Darth Revan) took Zeraj's. I thought Alexa (Ray) was going to be filling in the last one, but it looks like she is pretty much gone. So, yeah, we've got an open spot. I'll try and find another person to fill it.

Last edited:
Sorry everyone! I've been really sick and very busy. I'm feeling better though so I need to if I can jump in still and what would be a good time to do so.

Well, I had Tandi run into Ruthgar, simply in an attempt to promote character interaction, so you two are free to do whatever you want. As for Ayakashi, he is yet to be somewhere, so you can put him almost anywhere.

@lynzy

We need to do something crazy Lynzy-kins. >.>

@lynzy @Shadow's Intent Something crazy this way comes?

@mahigan What do we want to do with our small band of misfits? Pretty much everyone except Abel would be primarily worried about getting the "child" to a safe place, so how is she going to convince them to let her stay?

@Ornstein I can't see your profile, so I have no idea what is going on in your life. I'll give you about another week, but then I'm going to let @Felicantus hijack Amal to keep the scene moving forward.

Everyone is kind of wandering in a random direction at the moment, because no one is quite sure where the source of the undead is. There will be something to draw them all in a single direction soon, but I'd rather give everyone a chance to post before my next one.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and put up a banner for us, to try and draw in a few more applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.