Fallen Feathers OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah. Now you are making me feel guilty.

@Edge @Willstar I'm going to give you guys a chance to get in on this. I am quite insistent on my limits for the characters in the main party, and that isn't really going to change. But... If you guys wanted to paint the story from a different location, add a bit of depth to the world that isn't directly connected to the main quest, you could. Maybe.

Send me a PM, and tell me what your characters would do if I let them into the story right now. If it is good, you can do it. Don't be afraid to be bold. Boldness is good, so long as it isn't stupid.

Well. I already told you what Amal is doing and why he is near or in Oak Haven (Probably not in since he is a Drow)

My Dwarf...well I have an idea but I will PM it to you.

Just to let everyone know, double test weeks are coming up for me so I'll be running on low temp for a while. Also, I am in the process of writing my introductory post which will hopefully be up sometime this weekend. It is on the large side but I'm sure you won't mind.

I get internet in my new house tuesday... Will post wed or thurs.

Hello, everyone. I'm very sorry for the delay, and my general lack of attention to this as a GM. I have my excuses, but that doesn't really mean much.

All the same, this is still a thing! Thanksgiving break, for me, starts the 26th. On or before the 30th, I will be hijacking all of the characters in this story and making things happen, if it hasn't been done by that point. There will then be two weeks for you guys to do whatever you want and drive the plot forward, before I will make the time to write another hijacking post.

If you have any questions about deadlines or anything, just ask!

I am totally in agreement with this! I will try to get a post up this weekend. I too have my reasons as to a prolonged silence but, as Peregrine said, those are unimportant.

A post will either be up this weekend, or a post in this thread saying what's going on.

Half-orc_barbarian.jpg

Name:Ruthgar

Sex: Male

Race: Orc

Height: 7'6

Class: Barbarian/ Gladiator

Appearence: To say this orc is 'massive' is quite an understatement. His greenish-gray skin is scarred and calloused from head to toe. And he has several tribal tattoos as well. His arms are as big, thick and muscly and comparable in size to some human heads. His ears are some what long and pointed, he has a scraggly beard which he scratches with his long nails of his meaty fingers, out of habit. Just as fearsome as his sheer build-- his under-bite with two noticeably large tusk-like canines that jut up to his surprisingly small nose and his his scared eye orbits.

Weapon: If his size didn't scare you enough, his weapon would seemingly be grateful in causing you to be unnerved. A massive 6 foot long "bearded" axe. Most men couldn't lift this damn thing, let alone swing it around like they were going for a pinata. The blades been purposefully 'chipped" so that it doesn't make a clean cut--so much gouge and tear you apart

Bio:(I'm leaving this open for now.)

Personality: Ruthgar can be known to be surprisingly...intelligent for an Orc. Can be. That doesn't mean he always offers up intellectual advice when he's ripping you apart. But when he does give insight, its from the mind of a skilled hunter of all things. Beast and man. He follows his leaders orders without hesitation or exception. If IronTusk says "kill" he asks "What, where, and how". If the leader says let them pass--they had better know how grateful he is. While definitely a diligent member of the tribe, Ruthgar loves to fight. Even for an Orc his yearning to punch, kick, bash, hack, or even bite out the throats of his enemies--is a bit more so than most. But he's not entirely an animal. He can be quite lewd towards women he likes. But what Orc can't be? He also enjoys training youth in fighting--often participating in wrestling matches where he is clearly out numbered. It gives them the feeling of attacking something much bigger--which he generally is.

qPL0fqE.gif

A dutiful, and skillful man who is both highly trained in body and mind. Rin, or as most know him by his family name Ayakashi for there are only a few that he allows to call him Rin the utmost being his commander. He extremely disciplined Few have walked away from confrontation with this man, unless he allowed it to happen. He beheads fallen foes and presents them--often several at a time to his commander. Some would see this as barbaric, others an honorable offering of a decidedly defeated foe.

Bushidō or "Way of the Warrior" is a term of common usage as of the late 19th century. It describes a uniquely Japanese code of conduct adhered to by samurai since time immemorial, and loosely analogous to Western concepts of chivalry. Bushido encompasses a system of moral principles. It embodies a code of daily living for the samurai. Those instructed in the code are expected to discipline themselves according to it. The seven principles of budo are:

01sJ8lf.gif
Correct judgment or procedure for the resolution of righteousness. "To die when it is right to die, to strike when it is right to strike."

ANibm1D.gif
A virtue only in the cause of righteousness. Death for an unworthy cause was termed a dog"s death. "It is true courage to live when it is right to live, and to die only when it is right to die."
BSGt8Dg.gif
Love, affection for others, sympathy and nobility of feeling are regarded as the highest attributes of the soul. "Benevolence brings under its sway whatever hinder its power just as water subdues fire."
RqTFfRj.gif
A poor virtue if it is actuated only by a fear of offending good taste. Rather it should stem from a sympathetic regard for the feeling of others. "In its highest form politeness approaches love."
8oWWo4w.gif
"Truthfulness." Lying was deemed cowardly, and it was regarded as dishonorable. Indeed the word of a samurai guaranteed the truthfulness of an assertion. No oath is necessary. "Propriety carried beyond bounds becomes a lie."
YF98LTv.gif
A vivid consciousness of personal dignity and worth is implicit in the word honor. "Dishonor is like a scar on a tree which time, instead of effacing only helps to enlarge.
c1xzOhJ.gif
Only in the code of chivalrous honor does loyalty assume importance. In the conflict between loyalty and affection the code never wavers from the choice of loyalty. "A samurai was obliged to appeal to the intelligence and conscience of his sovereign by demonstrating the sincerity of his words with the shedding of his own blood."

ivyrose_bar.gif

Vega8kZ.gif

pokkIl1.gif

rPmB6Bw.gif

ivyrose_bar.gif

BgYBtiq.gif
47-ronin-samurai-warrior-1280x1024.jpg

vbe0FaG.gif

176486.jpg

ivyrose_bar.gif

8BWPSmY.gif
The katana is characterized by its distinctive appearance: a curved, slender, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands.

yInccYD.gif
The wakizashi was used as a backup or auxiliary sword; it was also used for close quarters fighting, to behead a defeated opponent. The wakizashi being worn together with the katana was the official sign that the wearer was a samurai or swordsman. It is decorated the same as the katana it is paired with.

aZAJczJ.gif
The tantō was designed primarily as a stabbing weapon, but the edge can be used for slashing as well. Tantōs were also used to commit Seppuku, a ritualized suicide given on the behest of ones lord

XRsD5gk.gif
Kanabō Kanabō and the other related types of these club like weapons were constructed out of heavy wood, or made entirely from iron, with iron spikes or studs on one end. one purpose of the kanabō type of weapons was to smash enemies' armor, bones and the legs of their warhorses. The art of utilizing this cumbersome weapon, consisted of a mastery of both balance and strength; it required great skill to recover from a miss with the heavy club, which could leave a wielder open to a counter-attack.

HffHTHn.gif
Naginata can be used to batter, stab or hook an opponent', but due to their relatively balanced center of mass, are often spun and turned to proscribe a large radius of reach. The curved blade makes for an effective tool for cutting due to the increased length of cutting surface. In the hands of a skilled practitioner, one 5-foot (1.5 m) tall wielder could conceivably cover and attack in 484 square feet (45 square meters) of open, level ground with a 5-foot (1.5 m) shaft, 3-foot (0.9 m) blade, 3-foot (0.9 m) reach.

Naginatas were often used by foot soldiers to create space on the battlefield. They have several situational advantages over a sword. Their reach was longer, allowing the wielder to keep out of reach of his opponent. The long shaft offered it more leverage in comparison to the hilt of the katana, enabling the naginata to cut more efficiently. The weight of the weapon gave power to strikes and cuts, even though the weight of the weapon is usually thought of as a disadvantage. The weight at the end of the shaft and the shaft itself can be used both offensively and defensively. Swords, on the other hand, can be used to attack faster, have longer cutting edges (and therefore more striking surface and less area to grab), and were able to be more precisely controlled in the hands of an experienced swordsman.
1LwR9L3.gif
The Yumi was an important weapon of the samurai warrior. The Samurai bows are of impressive thickness, and they are constructed of a combination of bamboo and other woods. There are four types of bows; long bows, half bows, small bows and short bows. The hankyū Ayakashi uses is five feet long and their structure it is different than that of the long bows. The half bow is thinner than the long bow and its bowstring is attached to the side of the bow that is bent. The bowstring of the long bow is attached to the side opposite the bend. The grip of the half bow is located almost at the middle, a little lower than the center. It is covered by leather.
ivyrose_bar.gif

samurai-swords_00311068.jpg

Thanks for getting them up!

Everyone else, I'm going to give him a couple more days, probably until the end of the week, to get a reply up. This is your last chance to post before your characters will be hijacked. I don't want to hijack. Please post. O.o

I don't know if I'm allowed to post or not

Not yet, if I recall correctly. You never actually told me what you were planning to do. I asked, and you just left me hanging.

Oh. I don't remember that, well let me think of something and I will PM you.

Due to a change in the workplace schedule.. [my bosses being assholes and forcing 7/wk on everyone] I am dropping this RP.

Sorry, y'all. Hijack away, Peregrine.

Is @lynzy still here? I need to know if she still wants to hang with my Orc.

Are we just picking up where we left off or are we starting fresh? @Peregrine

We started fresh. Have you not looked at the IC yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.