Fallen Feathers OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean "ends up"? Everyone is going to start in Oak Village.

You are certainly free to try again. :heart:

Unfortunately, I've only got two open spaces right now, because I have another four people (who have yet to post) who followed me through to this thread. That means that either you, WarriorHeart, or Zeraj is going to have to sit out, at least until I get a sense for how active everyone is in posting, and whether or not it makes sense to bring in another person. I still highly encourage you to make the sheet, though, because I get the impression people are going to be coming and going a fair bit.
Okie dokie. I'll sit out first seeing how WarriorHeart and Zeraj were before me. Still working on CS though ;)

Can't wait to see it.

Can't wait to see both of them.

Name: Corban Lovegaard
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Appearance:
579a6ed9-07f5-410b-95d5-a3edb84a433d.jpg

Personality: Corban is quiet and good. He was raised to believe in justice and order; morality above all else. He was more jovial as a younger man but such is the way of life. He seeks to use his skills to help others. Death before dishonor.

History: Corban was born in a line of knights going back centuries. His father died in battle as all men in his family have before. Corban followed in the footsteps of these great men and became a soldier at White Valley Fort. Through many trials and training, he was able to reach the rank of Guardsman Elite.

A certain noble tried to bribe Corban to throw a tournament and found himself on the cold end of an insult. This did not sit well with the man who used his influence to convince the leadership of WVF that Corban's family honor was a sham. He delved into elaborate tales and produced forged documents to show that Corban's ancestors fought with Plague and not against him as his patence proclaims. Thus, Corban was stripped of rank and honor.

Several months of deliberation went by discussing the fate of the young prisoner. Corban was beaten every day; humiliated in public and scorned by his former friends and colleagues. Several elders who rode with Corban's father and grandfather eventually won out and Corban was set free. He was banished from the Fort under penalty of death.

Corban was simply a shell as he passed through the gates for the last time. One shining star guided him. He sought the Knights Errant to right the wrongs of the world or die trying. He felt there to be no honor in becoming a mercenary.

One of the elders managed to sneak Corban's family sword and shield out of the walls. He met Corban in secret and gave these things to him just before the young man was to wander the world. He wished Corban well and disappeared never to see the image of his long dead friend again.

And so he wanders, Corban seeks only to fill the hole inside of him; to have purpose.

Magic: His training at White Valley Fort forbid magic. However, Corban has picked up a few tricks in his travels but nothing special. He was given a TinderSpark* and can use it as a muse to duplicate the flame to set his blade on fire for a brief period [1 min]. He also carries Anefel's Tear** which he uses to refill his canteen.

Notable Skills: Elite fighting skill with sword and shield.
Road Survival [has the chops to make it while traveling in most areas; exceptions being the extremes of desert, tundra, jungle]
Intermediate Archery
Whittling [has made some coin carving chunks of wood into various items/figurines]

Possessions: Scelesta Malo - Family Sword: high quality long sword with extended hilt bearing a single ruby. Name means 'The Bane of the Wicked'.
Ultima Persto - Family Shield: high quality heater shield. Name means 'Final Stand'. Shoulder width at the top. Bears Lovegaard family crest; red field for Sacrifice, purple X for Justice & Resolve, rampant white horse for Readiness & Duty.
TinderSpark - Dwarven version of a lighter: A 3" cube with a single plunger that creates a flame within. Can be opened and used to start camp fires, or can be closed and used for a portable magic source [when closed, oxygen depletes and the flame dies after a minute or so.
Anefel's Tear - An amulet containing an ounce of water from the Southern Lake. The water was purified and trapped within a blue crystal. It's a portable magic source. It always feels cool to the touch and has a very attractive cut to the gem and setting.
Armor - A steel barbute helmet. Plate gauntlets, poleyns, greaves & right pauldron w/brassart. Leather shirt, pants, boots & gloves. A heavy cotton tunic that can be manipulated [w/o magic] for different purposes i.e. hooded cloak, head & face wrap, blanket etc. Thin white linen shirt [3]

Alignments: Wishes to find and join the Knights Errant

Last edited by a moderator:
I have edited my character and no I don't mind if there is another member of The Road. That might make things more interesting. My character's silencing magic might have been explained wrong. In my thinking I was going off the principle of increasing or decreasing the strength of affected objects. So the sound would be decreased to something smaller. You can correct me if I was wrong in any of this thinking. But your canceling waves idea makes more sense.

I'm also curious to learn more about The Road's inner rules and tradition such as secret signals, how to spot a fake, and maybe a general outline of the hierarchy. Do I consider everyone as family and call them sibling or perhaps merely comrades of the road? I'll come up with more questions later, and thank you for considering my character. Please feel free to tell me to change anything else or if my current changes are off.

Name
Tandara
Tandi for short

Race
Changeling

Nation
She is a type of drifter, like a gypsy

Class
Archer

Weapon
Bow & Arrows, Knives

Racial Ability
The ability to change form

Biography
Her family and their families before them roam mostly the desert areas but have been known to inhabit other areas and have been mostly traders but also hire out as sell-swords and also tell fortunes and basically whatever is needed to survive. Tandi is no different in that she hires out for hunting parties because she is an excellent huntress, having been an archer as long as she can remember.

Personality
Tandara is a level headed woman that knows what she likes and goes for it when she wants it. Men follow her around but for some reason she is rather cool towards them and doesn't show much interest at this time. She loves a good joke and enjoys dancing and parties but it's all business when she is hunting though.

Last edited by a moderator:
@WarriorHeart I'll look over your character more thoroughly once you complete him. However, I'll give you a little tip. If you want to impress me, figure out what is wrong with your magic and fix it. :heart:

@Zeraj ... I'm starting to worry that my magic is a failure. No one seems to understand it. Magic doesn't directly affect things. It only creates a duplicate that can then be influenced and manipulated. Silence magic might be able to overwhelm noise, but it is hard to find silence when there is a loud noise. It isn't possible to use magic to affect a noise that already exists, unless you cancel it out, or use silence to overwhelm it.

You are going to have to tell me at this point, because I honestly don't know. Is the system of magic I created unintelligible?

As far as the Road... why don't you tell me? Send me a PM with all the intricate details, and I'll read it over. If it is good, I'll stick it in.

@lynzy Did you not want to use my handy-dandy fancy new character sheet? :sad: It's ok, just please take the ability to change form out of the magic section. It is a racial ability, not a magical ability, and there's no reason to put it there. Would you also be willing to give me her actual age, as well as her apparent age?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Gah. It seems I've misunderstood your magic system. I'm completely sorry for that. I don't believe your system is intelligible. I was probably trying to fit your system into systems I'm more accustomed to which usually has magic directly affecting the physical world. I like discovering new magical systems and exploring their possibilities, so misunderstanding your magic means I've encountered something new.

I'll send you some of my ideas about The Road tomorrow.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
I have a good idea of where I went wrong. (thanks to your brief explanation) I will rework how I word that section. I hope to find a decent image but I'm feeling extra picky about this guy.

I am uber excited for this rp!!

<---fantasy nerd.

Edit: Question

How does one invoke magic? Simply by thought or should an incantation be used?

I think I got it...

-eye twitches as he overthinks the magic stuff again-

@WarriorHeart ...@lynzy Did you not want to use my handy-dandy fancy new character sheet? :sad: It's ok, just please take the ability to change form out of the magic section. It is a racial ability, not a magical ability, and there's no reason to put it there. Would you also be willing to give me her actual age, as well as her apparent age?
I don't know her age off the head is going to show up as I go along...

I feel like I was part of the first time this RP was made, then I never got alerts and then I saw a reboot for it and planned on joining, but I just never got to it and now another reboot o.o

What I'm saying is, I might join this when a spot opens.

@Zeraj Thank you for the PM. I'll read it over when I have a bit more time. And, yes, this magic is undeniably different from the types of magic that are most commonly presented in fantasy worlds. I did this to keep magic as a more subtle element, and also to make a fascinating contrast to the fallen feathers, when they finally arrive. I'll want to read over your character one more time, but he's accepted. Thanks for putting up with my nit-picking.

@WarriorHeart As long as a user has sufficient will and energy, the spell will be cast. Many people may choose to use an incantation because it is a good way to focus will, but it certainly isn't necessary.

... You are a fantasy nerd. I mean that in the best way possible, but you gave such fancy names to such potentially mundane things. I can certainly go for it. :) Just remember that there needs to be some sort of fuel in the TinderSpark, and it will need to be refilled occasionally.

When it comes to drinking magicked water, just remember that your character will need to maintain the spell for quite a while after drinking, so that it has time to take effect on the body. It won't be hard, it just needs to be noted. Good job, though. Accepted, pending final read-over!

@lynzy That's fine then. Let me know what you eventually decide, and thanks for making the edit. I'll add her into the accepted characters thing shortly.

@Urdnot Grunt Yeah, it has changed quite a bit since that first run through. You were a Paladin, if I recall correctly? Feel free to submit a character sheet, if you like. I'll add it to a separate list, pending an open space.

Thank you everyone for your interest in and commitment to this idea. I'll have my own characters up soon, but I've had a really busy week, and I'm probably going to have an equally busy weekend. We will get started soon!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Yutoul Dragonmaker

Race: Dwarf

Class: Warrior/Smith

Appearance:
26df9310-18fb-48f2-9bf0-edf76e556d89_zps791870ce.jpg

Personality: Yutoul is a stubborn little man that gets what he wants. Despite his gruff nature of pushing away everyone, the man can be nice if you get on his good side and interest him. Mainly great warriors and smith's grab his attention because he wishes to learn from them, but he is a nosy man and may become interested in something new. His temper is as short as him, easily set off if you so much as touch his stuff or look at him the wrong way. He is also secretive and bargains out a proper deal on an item.

History: Growing up as a Blacksmith in Silver Falls was common among Dwarves. The only way to make a living was to be tough, yet show that you had the skill to outmatch any other Smithy within the Capital, or you had to make your prices low enough that helped you barely scrape by through life. The only time one could sell their equipment for high prices was for tourists that knew nothing of Silver Falls and the many Blacksmiths. Several scams have been made to tourists, but not all. Many tourists head to the Shops that hold "The Craftsmen" symbol on a shop. Yutoul was not favored enough to be born into a family of "Craftsmen" but some low rate smithies that scammed anyone they could. It made him sick to his stomach to see they rather stoop low and make crappy equipment, rather than honing their skills to become "Craftsmen"

Yutoul would train and make on his own time, using scrap metal at the start so he could get the feel of the forge and how to truly craft a blade or simple silverware. Even jewelry was made in his families Forge. The little things, such as silverware and jewelry was made by his Sisters and Mother, while the men worked on the heavier and more dangerous equipment.

As he began to hone his ability at crafting Blades, Axes, Shields, and sets of armour. He began to become fascinated by the Warriors, Archers, Adventurers, etc. That entered the shop to get repairs. In the downtime that he wasn't sweating over the heat of the forge, he was practicing on a wooden dummy with an axe, sword, or anything he really could craft and test out.

Over the years of training and smithing, Yutoul wanted to explore and adventure. He wasn't like the rest of his family which was content on living within the stone home and forge for the rest of their lives. So he left home and never looked back. Before leaving, he gathered enough money from his works to buy strong, sturdy metal for a good axe. The axe was crafted for him and him alone (though others could wield and steal it, but it was made for him).

With what little money he had left and the clothes on his back, he left home. There on his travels he met many adventurers and tourists going across the land, taking rides and even helping with what little work he could do on damaged equipment. It mainly involved dings in armor and small ones, damages that didn't involve a forge.

Upon his travels, he came across a man who was traveling in search of precious and rare metals. The man was known as Fror, a Master Smith looking to make something that topped all of his other works. Yutoul begged the man to teach him how to forge something at the level he was at and was rejected. Yutoul never gave up on asking and followed Fror for days on end until they returned to his shop in Marble Cliff. Finally, Fror agreed to teach Yutoul as long as he did whatever he was told, as well as other errands.

After years of studying under the Smith, Yutoul learned all he could and was given the choice to expand his knowledge by leaving and moving on, or staying with Fruor and becoming stuck in a wedge of permanent knowledge, never expanding. In a way, it just sounded like Fror wanted to kick Yutoul out, but he left on his own. Wishing Fror the best to his shop before leaving Marble Cliff. In his times of working with Fror, he crafted a new, better axe. One that had his name carved into it.

Now he continues to travel, looking to craft something new, better, and stronger. He just has to find it now.

Magic: None

Notable Skills:

-Master Craftsmen-

-Proficient Fighter-

-High Stamina-

-Meager Aiming (Throwing)-

Possessions:

- Yutoul's Axe -
- Pipe -
- Random Metal -
- Survival Gear -
- Coins -

Alignments: The Craftsmen (Isn't part of them. . . yet)

Last edited:
Looks good, Urdnot. If a spot opens up before our characters leave Oak Haven, I'll want to know the reason your character is responding to a bounty request when he is looking for information on smithing.

Speaking of that... @Zeraj why is your character at Oak Haven, and joining up with a group of... what basically equates to bounty hunters?

I'd say my characters reasons are partly because he happened to be there, partly because he has no important tasks to occupy him, and partly because he doesn't want to see more people die senselessly when he could do something. I'd say he is mostly doing this on a whim.

..Okay. If it is in your character's personality to risk his life on a whim, I'm willing to go with it. However, if you want, I can also offer a GM created entry point that would fit your character pretty well.

Hmmm sounds interesting. Tell me more.

I have some questions if you don't mind.
For illusion magic, is it based on what the caster currently sees or is it on what they have seen? If the former, then my Fey character would have to be constantly changing forms right?
I'm thinking to change her age to around 20 years or so and a former Northern Badlands slave (although I'm still working on how she was freed).
As I really want to keep the healing aspect of her I just want to make this clear
Can you heal while doing other things? As in walking, eating etc. As long as you keep the channel going?
Sorry I'm a bit slow at this :P

Status
Not open for further replies.