Expect The Unexpected

Heather blushed ever so slightly when Ethan kissed her forehead, her cheeks flushed as she smiled at him. He always knew exactly what to say to make her feel confident in herself. She stepped to the side so that he could pass with his arms full of equipment, putting it all into the car as she watched from the doorway. With a small wave of her hand, the fork now sitting between her lips as she had just taken another bit of her craving, she sent him off before closing the door. It really was hard working with only one car in this town...just one more expense to add to their list of things to buy. She could walk places but when it came to errands she always had to wait for days Ethan wasn't working or for when he got home, but some days he got back late and at that point she might have been too tired or her feet might be aching from sitting all day long.

She wandered back into the kitchen putting what little was left of her snack back into the fridge, at this point she noticed something. The fridge was very very empty. She blinked a few times before blushing and groaning, rubbing her temples in aggravation. She had forgotten to go shopping yesterday when she had the car! It must have been because she was finishing up the months article and had gotten overly focused on that. Heck, it was a miracle she got any chores done that day, now that she thought on it more. With the fridge empty, and the cabinets suffering a little as well, she needed to shop that afternoon, or else she'd have to make Ethan wait for dinner or worse...make him eat take out. Though both idea would be alright two months ago, that wasn't the case now. She had Ethan on a diet of low salt and fat while he got back onto his medication, also timing his meals for the best times to eat. Heather didn't want the schedule getting messed up!

As she wandered into the living room, she passed the dining room. After the hospital incident, the house had been put on hold. It was mostly done, except for one very important room...The dining room. It was still that horrible yellow and as empty as could be, neither of them having previously owned a dining set. It had been bothering her for days now, more than her thoughts about taking up a novel project. She'd love to have Ethan's family over for dinner one day but she just couldn't being herself to invite them when the dining room was so...ill prepared.

At that moment she was given a small idea, a smile spreading on her face. She trotted over to the phone and started to dial it quickly, her eyes lighting up as it rang. The moment Ethan's mother answered she started speaking quickly.

"Mrs. McCoy? It's Heather, do you think you and the boys could come over today with the truck? I had a bit of pregnancy forgetfulness and didn't get groceries when Ethan was home yesterday...and I also have a little idea that I'd think you'd like to help with."

The shoot was only about an hour away. By the time he got there it was eleven O'Clock in the morning. It didn't start till noon so he had plenty of time to spare. He only knew that his Clients name was Steven Wilks. When trying to ask for more information over the phone he said that all would be clear once he arrived at the location. It was a beautiful place, fresh pines that looked more alive then dead. And it had just rained in the area last night so the ground and air were fresh. He unloaded his equptment and set it up accordingly in the best the site had to offer. By the time he was finnished setting up he heard someone walk up from behind him. Ethan froze for a few moments before turning and seeing a tall man walking up to him. He had fair skin, brown hair, and deep blue eyes. His smile was a bit crooked, almost like he didn't smile that often. The Man stopped right in front of Ethan and reached out his hand to shake his. The photographer reached out and shook his hand in return.

"Ethan McCoy...it's a pleasure to meet you. Do you happen to be Mr. Wilks?"

The tall man nodded and his crooked smile unwound most of the way. At least enough to make him not look so tense.

"It's a pleasure Mr. McCoy, I heard a lot of good things about you from a friend of mine. Curiosity won me over and I had to hire you atleast once just to see if your reputation proceeds you."

Ethan chuckled, letting go of his hand and smiled warmly.

"Well, I do my best. Everyone has to make it by somehow. Anyways, how can I help you today?"

Mr. Wilks looked off into the distance with a warm smile on his lips.

"I just recently became engaged and I need pictures for wedding announcments. Thought there was no better person to take the pictures than you. She is just up the hill."

Then he turned and called for a woman. Ethan watched as she came down the hill. The closer she came, the easier it was to recognize her. It was the same blonde hair...the same green eyes and tanned skin. When she came to a stop next to him she smiled at him, taking Stevens hand. She was about to introduce herself when her eyes widened. Ethan tensed up and his green eyes also widened a bit. It was her...it had to be. She had the same smile and mannerisms he remembered.

"California...Julie."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan's mother smiled to herself as she saw Heather's number on the caller ID. She quickly picked it up and awnsered with a perky hello. It was her, sure enough and she was asking if she could come over along with Jackson and Alden with the truck. She needed to get groceries and had another idea in mind. Well, Jackson was gone at the time being, gone to meet some girl or another. So she would bring Alden. She ushered her son out of bed and agreed, coming over with the truck. She arrived there after not too long. Alden frowned and sighed as he climbed out of the truck, wiping sleep from his silver eyes. Mrs. McCoy was dressed in red and white sun dress, her hair done up all neat but pretty. She walked up and called out.

"Good morning Heather!"

As soon as she caught site of the woman she greeted her with a warm but gentle hug that was so characteristic of a mother. And she turned her head and looked at Alden then back to Heather.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring Jackson with me, he left very early this morning to go meet some Girl...Dr.Hyde or something I think he said. But If you need more help I can call my husband."

Once the call was done Heather hung up the phone and moved into her office, grabbing a pad of paper and a pen before shuffling back into the kitchen again. She was taking inventory of the kitchen when Ethan's mother called, smiling as she stood up and set the paper on the counter before wandering out into the entry way to greet her. The two women shared a hug happily and Heather gave Alden a pat on the back, seeing as the boy was still half asleep. When Ethan's mother offered to call her husband she shook her head.

"No no, I just have to pick up a lot of stuff from the store and figured someone could help out with the heavy lifting when we got back. Also, I know that you haven't seen it, but I figured if anyone would have an idea of where to start it would be you." Heather said as she motioned for them to follow. The dinning room was in the back of the house so it wasn't visited often, allowing for the horrors to stay hidden. "Ethan and I have sort of been putting it off but with things stable and the hospital bills paid for the moment...I figured we could squeeze in some home decorating...or rescuing in this case."

Heather entered the neon yellow room, the strangely black painted trim making it resemble a bumble bee for one reason or another. If Alden wasn't away when he entered the house he would be now. It was also rather barren, and the carpet was a dingy beige, meaning it was probably dirty than they realized.

"This only thing worth saving I think is the carpet...if I can find a professional cleaner." She commented lightly as she looked to her boyfriends mother. "I mean, I know it can't be done in a day but I'd like to start it, or start planning. Ethan's be giving it the eye and I think its because he want you to come over for dinner finally, and not have all the big meals at your house." She said lightly.

Once they arrived the woman laughed lightly as Heather patter the grumpy, still half asleep eighteen year old on the back. He looked at her and he knew he was expected to be friendly but he was trying for how early it was for him on a weekend so close to graduation. His mother noticed the list in her hands. It was a list of everything they needed, grocery wise. Ever since the incident at the hospital while he was on a job, Ethan's caring girlfriend had done her darndest to keep Her son regularly taking his medicine and eating healthier. She really appricated the girl Heather was for her son. She took care of him and it was apperant that he did the same for her. His mother wanted her to stay around for a awhile...Heather definitily was a keeper. If they were not having a baby right now she would be pushing her sometimes irrisponsible son to marry this intelligent, level-headed woman. Not only that but she tried her best in everything she did, she was a hard worker and soon to be great mother. It would be new and scary but the older woman was sure Heather would do just fine as a mother. When the older woman offered to call her husband she said no, that Alden would be enough to do the heavy lifting. It was true though...her Twins Alden and Jackson could carry something at least twice their own body weight. Her own father used to raise horses so the twins before her father died were lent to him for the summer to help him out. Ethan staying home to focus harder on his studies.

Then she began asking her about something else...something the pregnant woman thought that she would be able to help her more on. Something that Ethan and her had put off. She followed her through the house into what was supposed to be a dining room. Then she saw it and it was perfectly horrid. The walls were painted an insanely intense shade of yellow, striped with black. Carpets were not too bad...a dingy beige color. The room was...very, very unappealing. Alden blinlked wide eyed, looking much a perfect combo of the his mother and father. She looked around the room then to Heather as she stated the carpet might be able to be saved...also that Ethan was eager to get this fixed. It was just like him...he was so quick to change something if he didn't like it, weather is be someone's attitude or the color of his bike in Middle School. The older mother chuckled lightly.

"Of course...that is just like Ethan to be so eager to change it. He is always so eager to change something that he disapproves of. But as for this room...Unless you prefure carpets I think hardwood would look lovely...seeing as the paint is replaced. It would depend on the shade of wood for the walls if you went that way. These carpets could be saved with a lot of love but It might also be worth it to just change it out...Renting a machine to clean these carpets might cost more than just replacing them. Its up to you though. If you wanted to stick with beige... you could consider bringing the color on to the walls and putting some darker hard wood on the floor....there is a lot you could do with the room...Beige also goes well with orange...cream...white...maybe some blues that are not so over powering...certain colors will bring certain feels to the room. Yellow while it brings a lot of energy to the room isn't the color for a dining room. Probably should not be used as the main color of any room either. Orange is a warmer color along with dark brown. Black would make the room have more of a sophisticated feel...Is it all depends on what you want Heather..."

She smiled to herself. It had been awhile since she got to help decorate a home. She had to drop out of schooling for interior designing because Ethan was a handful when he was little so there was no time for her son and a career. Then she glanced back at Alden.

"Whenever She is ready to go you don't let your brothers pregnant girlfriend life a finger at that store you hear me?"

Alden nodded.

"Yes...Ma'am."

Heather couldn't stop herself from smiling as Ethan's mother quickly started to spout out ideas and colors, she had been right to ask the woman for help. However, price still had to be kept in mind. Even with health insurance dealing with Ethan's medication, she had to keep in mind the amount of money she would have to cover for the baby bills. Plus they still had to get clothing and bottles and all types of supplies for the young son or daughter that would be coming out of her.

"I do like the idea of hard wood floors, though I'd be worried about the baby being in here and getting hurt. Along with that, real wood flooring has to get stained and sealed, we'd be out of a house for days. If we were getting would floors it's have to be a quick install, something that is just a say of work for some installers and all I have to do it sit in my office and be out of their way....As for colors, I've always liked green, maybe a light green so that it reflects light well...And some white trim, no more black." She said as she walked over to her boyfriends mother, turning to look at the room in thought.

"Anyway, I've only asked because I felt you'd have an idea about this kind of stuff, especially with the way your own house looks...It's the kind of stuff from those home magazines...like the one I write for even." She laughed a bit before looked at her again. "I'd appreciate your help with this if you are willing, I'd also have to pick out furniture as well since neither Ethan or I own a dinning room set...never had any space for one in New York. But that is all for when we have time and such, right now I suppose I should get shopping before the store gets crowded." Heather laughed a bit more as she moved back into the kitchen.

"Just let me grab my purse and the coupons I printed out and I'll be ready." She called back to them as she shuffled along. "I'll just be a minute."

Ethan's mother smiled at the same time Heather did. She was happy to be of help, though she knew that price still needed to be considered. Though it could be expensive. The older woman had designed her house on a budget as well, on the budget of having to buy Ethan's medicene and buying a few new supplies for the twins when they needed them. She had redesigned her house when she finally had time to do it. It was after Ethan's heart transplant...the twins being several years younger than Ethan slept a lot. He was recovering so a careful eye was needed but in between she was fixing little things here and there. The bigger projects had to be put off until she was sure Ethan was well on his way to a healthy life. Her house wasn't too old so much of the products in the house were newer. And they had a baby to buy for as well...though the gender should be known before they delved into buying supplies for the baby. Ethan's mother was very excited to know weather she would be getting a grandson or granddaughter and what name would be picked out for him or her. It was good to see her baby become a father...start a family of his own. That he would feel what it was like to hold his own child for the first time. It was an indescriable feeling that can only be felt when you and your spouse held your baby for the first time. The woman listened as she spoke saying she liked the idea of hardwood floors but would worry about the baby falling in there and getting hurt. She also expressed concern in how long it would take for real wood floors that it needed to be a quick fix. Then Heather mentioned green walls...light green with white trim...no more black. Both of the women turned to examine the Kitchen, looking over the room. She could picture it, assuming that she chose wood flooring. A light colored wood would look simply Gorgeous with the walls if they were that color.

Then the mother to be spoke, saying that she had asked the older woman because she had a feeling she would have an idea about this stuff. Even before she said it, she guessed that it was demonstraited in the house she called home. Heather spoke of buying furniture as well for the house...including a dinner set they never had room for in ole' New York and getting to the store. With that she went to grab her purse and coupons saying she would be back in a little while. They waited there until she was finnished then headed towards the truck, Alden opening the door for his mother and Heather sliding into the middle, between them with his mother driving them to the store. Once they were there Alden took half the items on her list and ducking off to go get them. The older woman stuck with Heather smiling warmly to herrself as she helped the woman with the shopping.

Once they all arrived at the store, Heather took her time shopping around, looking over the deals and glancing at her coupons. She had gotten quite savvy with coupons and also worked on paying off most of her credit card debt. She didn't want to worry about anything when they baby came along, she wanted to be prepared, to be able to work the world to her advantage so that they could live happily. She was getting very sneaky with her coupons as well, looking some of them up online just for the deals. Unlike some women though, Heather wasn't going crazy with it. If it was something important, like laundry detergent or dish soap, she'd buy as much as she could with a coupon and stalk up.

However, for most everything else she bought a knock off brand. Ethan and her were not picky people, there was no difference between having Frosted Flakes or having the store version of it. She was also making sure to buy healthy foods, avoiding lots of salt or unneeded sugars. Currently, Heather was standing in the froze food section, looking over the bagged vegetables and seeing what she should get. She had become rather fond of frozen vegetables, they were rather healthy and were easier to keep on hand then fresh vegetables. As she stood there she also seemed to be thinking of something else.

Her mind had wandered back to her novel idea, it just seeming to pop into her head again and again. She already had a story in mind, having had it stashed on her computer form her college days. Now that she was working form home and saving money just by sitting on her bottom in the house, she had the time to spare to work on it. Even so, she was still cautious, she didn't want her writing of a novel to cause her to forget about her job. A novel was a good dream, but her job at the magazine actually paid her on a regular bases....

Ethan's mother smiled warmly and followed Heather around the store, directing her here and there when there was a slight confusion. She had been coming to this store since Ethan was a newborn. The older mother knew it inside and out. If you asked her where something was she could tell you the exact location without even being at the store. What she knew even better was the people here...especilly Sharon one of the cashiers who had been working here since she had been coming here. The older cashier had seen Ethan grow from a newborn to the man he was when he left this quaint little town for New York. The mother had almost forgotten completly to remind her son to come by and see her since he had finally returned. Then they went down the frozen Isle and she smiled at all the memories that came rushing to her. Like when Ethan was four years old she had brought him here and he toddled off. When she realized he wasn't at her side she panicked and looked all over. He was found in the frozen food section, sitting on the floor with an open tub of Ice Cream...eating it with his tiny little hands. That same year he climbed inside the big freezer and started on one end, crawling inside the freezer trying to avoid being caught. There were many more memories in this Store but those were the two in this Isle that always made her smile. Sure they were emberrisng at the time but Ethan had grown up healthy and happy.

That was all the mattered at the time being...now because of him a new baby was to be born to her son's new family. However perfect or imperfect family seemed to be they were tied togeather by blood so to her...it was worth it. She loved her family for who they were and figured that loving someone also meant coming to love their imperfections. The older mother had done that for her children...husband...and would now do that for Heather and the baby in hopefully many trying but true years to come. Ethan's mother noticed that Heather was staring off into space while looking at the vegetables...or at the very least looked as if she had something on her mind. She stopped right next to the mother-to-be and looked to the frozen vegetables as well.

"Dear...I do not know what you are thinking about but whatever it is it must be a choice. And I don't just mean the vegetables. For whatever it may be just remember. Yes you have the hard descions but you also have to treat yourself kindly as well. If I had raised Ethan or any of my children by myself...I think I would be bald, wrinkled, and stressed out by now just trying to keep up with everything. There is a season for all things, You work so hard...Ethan tells me a lot about that. We are here too to help out. It will be my grandbaby so naturally I will help with the cost of supplies...heaven forbid my husband would never let you and Ethan pay for everything by yourselves. We are not far by phone, care, and foot..."

She smiled and looked over that the woman and waited to see if she would respond. When they finnished the shopping they went to the front where they were greeted by a woman with grey hair, peachy skin riddled with age, dimples, and too top it off had warm brown eyes. She smiled and they talked a while as they checked out...Sharon was all too pleased to meet Heather and learn that the boy she had helped raise was back in town with his expecting Girlfriend. Ethan's mother slipped in and handed the woman her own debit card. She ended up paying for at least half of it despite any protests. The older mother had not been able to help much since her son had retuned...she just wanted to be of help.

Heather looked over to Ethan's mother and blinked a bit, smiling as the woman told her that they were there for them and would help them out in anyway they could. It seemed that her thoughtful expression had invoked the woman's caring nature. Of course she didn't mind at all, the woman was a very big help, much more than her parents where were somewhere in the Swiss alps at the moment skiing. She had yet to get a hold of them and they were still uninformed of her pregnancy, a worry that was growing slowly in her like the baby. She sent emails to the almost obsessively now, constantly asking that they call her, but the words are the same, "Sorry, about to get on plane" or "Sorry, about to hop on cruise boat." It seemed their free time was also just their time.

"Thanks, I appreciate that. I've just have a lot on my mind. With Ethan's heart stable again I've been thinking a lot more on things that I could be doing and I've found that I'm just...just really bored." She admitted before sighing. "I don't know many people here and I've got cold feet about meeting the neighbors...especially with how I'm having to dress now...I've actually had to give up on my favorite pants..." She said with a small laugh.

"I just...have a lot happening in my head and not a lot around me to keep my brain busy."

When they headed to the check out, Heather had handed the woman the coupons first, before shuffling for her wallet. It seemed that her boyfriends mother to be had other plans though and slipped her debit card to the her newly befriended cashier, Sharon. Heather tried to convince Ethan's mother to accept a pay back but it seemed the woman had no intention of doing that. With the trio back together and all heading towards the truck Heathers phone started to ring in her purse. She stopped near the truck and pulled out her phone seeming to get shocked as she recognized the number...

It was her mother.

"Oh god, Oh god of all times you call me when I'm in a parking lot!" She grumbled out loud, though mostly at her phone as she seemed to become stressed...The last thing she wanted to do was tell her mother she was pregnant over her cell phone in the parking lot.

When Ethan's mother heard that he had not introduced her to the neighbors she frowned. She would need to say something to her son about it. It shouldn't be up to just Heather to go greet the neighbors. It was hard for her to be here and Ethan knew practially everyone in town. Then she said that another factor of the embaressesment of meeting neighbors was her clothing situation. She laughed lightly.

"Heather, Dear...It's okay. Your pregnant, people here are very understanding of that. No one will judge you for that here..."

After they paid for the food and other things Heather offered to pay her back. She refused to take her money but helped her with the bags and handed the other half to her son who carried them easily. Then as the trio reached the truck Alden began to load the bags. She heard someone's cellphone ring. The red-head reached into her bag and pulled out her cell-phone. Sure enough it was her phone and the reaction was not what she expected. Once the mother-to-be saw who it was her eyes widened and she grumbled a bit loudly to her phone. From what she heard it was about someone calling at a time that was certinaly not convieant. She looked over at her and the young woman looked rather distressed.

"Who is it? What's wrong...is everything okay?"

---------------------------------------------

Ethan stared at her in disbelief. There was no way...It had been over seven years. The woman smiled widely and let go of the man and came over to him. She hugged him tightly then looked at him happily.

"Ethan, your still alive! And your still here! I can't believe this! What are you doing here? Other than to take pictures of us of course."

Ethan froze when he hugged him. He nodded, gripping his camera tight in his hand.

"I-I came home...to be with my Girlfriend I met in New York...Just came to be closer to home..."

Heather looked over to Ethan's mother, glancing at Alden for a quick second before stepping over to the woman, her phone still ringing.

"It's my mother...And I haven't exactly told my parents about my condition yet." She started to say softly. "But, They travel for their retirement and It's always hard to catch them. I wanted to tell them over the phone and I've been emailing them constantly to pause a minute and call me but...they always forget, and half the time I don't have a phone number for them and neither answer their cell phones. I wanted to have this in a private place...Not in a parking lot." She mumbled before looking down at her phone again worriedly.

She sighed before answering quickly, picking up just before her messages could grab it.

"Hey Mom!" She said happily.

"Honey~ I'm so glad you could pick up! Lost your phone in you bag again didn't you?"

"No No, just getting some groceries into the car." She said simply.

"Oh! You're busy! I can call you back later. We're in the states again!"

"You...You are in the states?" She said slowly.

"Oh yes! I'm sorry I didn't email you about it! Your father was getting a little home sick and so was I, so we decided to cut the trip short, saved us a bundle that we can use for a nice little retirement condo. I did see that you moved though! Colorado? Really? Well anyway, we're coming to visit, you have a guest room right?"

"Visit?" Heather's voice cracked as she became more stressed.

"Yes! I want to see the house and my baby girl! Anyway, you said you had something important to say to us so I figured in person would be a lot better. We're stopping at the house here in New York for the night and we'll be on a flight to Colorado tomorrow afternoon! Anyway, I've got to run, we have another short flight into the state and then we'll be seeing you tomorrow night! Don't worry, we'll rent a car, Love you hun! Bye!" And at the end of her sentence was a very quick click.

Heather was silent and in shock, her hand pulling back so she could look at her cell phone. She blinked a few times before looking to Ethan's mother.

"I guess...You get to meet my parents..." She said slowly.

Ethan's mother looked at the woman and blinked in suprise when she told her that she hadn't told her parents about the pregnancy. She had figured that her parents knew already, the woman knew she would have if her daughter was pregnant. Then the older woman wondered about the red-head's mother. She wondered what kind of person she was. The older woman knew that her parents traveled alot...or so said her son but that was the only thing she knew about them. Then Heather anwsered the phone and Ethan's mother listened to her reactions as she spoke to her mother. At first it was a typical conversation but then a bit of panic enterd her voice when she repeated that her parents were back in the United States. As Heather said visit as well her voice showed more stress and panic it even cracked. After that the converstion winded down rather quickly and her mother hung up on the other end. The poor lady looked as if she had seen a ghost...terror, panic, and stressed all wrapped into one package that was her son's pregnant girlfriend. Then Heather looked back over to her and said slowly that they would get to meet her parents. Ethan's mother smiled, she reached out her hand and gently touch her arm in reassurence.

"I'm sure everything is going to be okay...Like my husband they may have a hard time accepting it at first but they will get used to the idea. They are your parents, they did a wonderful job raising you so I can tell they love you. Me and my husband will be there tomorrow if you would like us too..."

She moved her hand and walked around to the other side of the truck, placing the groceries on her side before getting inside. After Heather got in Alden climbed in next to her. He looked at her and brushed his shaggy hair out of his face.

"I know I'm not the most talkative of the younger twins but if it means anything to you Heather I'm glad my brother has a good taste in women and I'm happy for you and him. I am excited too for the baby..."

With that they began to drive back to the house, Alden bringing them all in as the woman put them away. The older woman smiled softly as she glanced at Heather. She was already beginning to show so whatever would go on tomorrow would certainly be intresting.

------------------------------------------

During the whole shoot there was an awkward feel to it. Not for the couple but because of how much she tried to keep eye contact with him. It felt like she was trying to flirt with him and tell him something but he would make it sure that it wouldn't happen. Not only did he not want to see her again he didn't want to have a full on conversation about what exactly he was doing down here. After the shoot he spoke again to her fiancee briefly about payment and when he would recieve the pictures then packed up his stuff before she could have a chance to engage him in a talk. Quickly he went home and when he arrived he hugged her before placing a kiss on her lips. He smiled in relief setting his stuff down. The man sighed and looked at her, the baby bump now visible. Hearing his mother in the kitchen he wondered if she had gotten a hold of her own.

"So..." He asked. "How was your day...? And Speaking of parents, since I hear my mother in the kitchen, have you gotten ahold of your parents? I know it's hard to seeing that they travel so much..."

Heather smiled at Ethan's mother, glad that the woman was there with her at the moment. She seemed to know what to say and exactly when to say it to make her feel better. She turned to look at the older woman and nodded her head a bit.

"Thanks, I'd like that...I'm sure my parents also would like to meet you as well." She said.

With that said Heather got into the truck with the other two, smiling at and thanking Alden for saying something so sweet. While the young man brought in all of the stuff, Heather and Ethan's mother put it all away, preparing some of the fruits and vegetables for snacks that could be eaten on the fly. By the time they were done, Ethan was home and she quickly trotted to the door to greet him, hugging him tightly as she nuzzled into his chest. She really needed that hug, as the news of her parents surprise visit had her on edge, mostly because she feared the reaction of her mother...The woman had a habit of being over dramatic. When Ethan asked if she had spoken to her parents she pouted a bit before nodding her head.

"Sort of...I got a call from mom today...But I couldn't get a single word in. They are back in the states...and will be on a plane for Colorado tomorrow..." She said, letting the ending hand a bit as she knew that even Ethan would understand what that meant.

Ethan felt a relief wash over him as she hugged him back. It calmed his rapidly beating heart to hold her again after a long day. He did not want to think even a little bit about the run in shoot with his ex-girlfriend. When he finally did ask her about her parents she nodded and pouted a bit. She told him that she got a call from her mother and that her parents were back in the United States...and were on a plane to Colorado tomorrow. His eyes widend and his heart started beating a bit faster. Was she kidding? Tomorrow?! That was really short notice considering. The whole time they had been dating he had never met her parents. The man pulled away and looked at her in the eyes.

"They are coming here? Tomorrow?"

When she confirmed it he sighed and leaned in, kissing her forehead before picking up his stuff again.

"I will reschedual my photo shoot tomorrow and we will figure it out...if there is anything I need to know before they get here please fill me in. "

After that he took care of his camera and other supplies before going upstairs. He sat down on the bed and ran his fingers through his hair. He couldn't believe this...they were going to be here tomorrow. Not only was the kitchen of his house hideous and in desprate need of remodeling he had not even started to buy baby supplies or maternity clothing for Heather. Also, how would they react to know that their daughter was three months pregnant by a man they had never met before. He sighed and undressed before walking into the shower and turning it onto hot...cold water would shock his heart too much. Ethan closed his eyes as the water drenched him and washed him clean of the dirt of the forest. It was almost as if he could hear his own heart beating. After the shower he came down stairs and didn't wait long for dinner to be finnished. He was rather quiet through dinner and he helped clean up before bidding his mother goodbye. She looked rather worried for her son but left quietly by herself. Then Ethan went and took his phone, reschedualing the photo shoot before going to Heather with a tierd smile.

"So...What do we need before tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Once mom makes up her mind there is nothing I can do to stop her...She probably already has first class plane tickets bought and printed." Heather said softly as she looked up at Ethan, happily accepting the kiss on the forehead before continuing. "I'll tell you more about them after dinner though alright? I'd rather not give you a run down on how to survive my family in front of your mother." She said a little softer.

They parted after Ethan put away his equipment, heading up to take a shower as Heather helped finish cooking dinner with his mother. by the time he was done the table was set in the kitchen and the three of them ate together, chatting lightly here and there. Dinner was soon finished though and the two said goodbye, watching Ethan's mother leave for a bit before the two of the stepped back in and closed the door behind them. Heather looked up at Ethan and smiled a little before taking his hand and pulling him towards the living room couch to sit and talk.

"My parents...Are a lot older than yours. I wasn't born until my mother was in her thirties. So, she's in her late fifties at this point, My father just in his early sixties. They are pretty could with technology though, my mother having been a model and then fashion designer and my father a good business man. Mom's protective though, and dad is relaxed. Dad will be a lot more easy going about this than my mother...But I don't think either will be mad...disappointed about the lack of a wedding, yes, but not mad. We just have to make sure mom is sitting down before I tell her." Heather said simply.

As he looked at her she looked at him with a little smile. Then Heather took his hand and led him over to the couch. They sat down and she looked at him like they needed to talk. He sat back a little bit and nodded, indicating he was ready to listen to her. Then she started talking to him, he listening to her. She told him that her parents were a lot older than his. That she wasn't born until her mother was in her thirties so her mother was now in her late fifties and her father in his early sixties. And unlike many of their generation they were pretty technology savvy. His eyes widened a bit as he heard her mother had been a fashion model AND a fashion designer. Her father a prominate businessman. Heather was a city girl through and through. He however was clearly a more country boy...this town being far from any other civilization. At least 2-3 hours in any direction. It was quaint and isolated from most of the world. Though the photographer had been in the city for a few years, now that he was back in his environment it had cancelled it out. The man had reverted back to some of his homely ways. What on earth would her City parents think of her country-born boyfriend who had gotten their only baby girl pregnant? He swallowed a lump in his throat and continued to listen.

Heather in discribed her mother as protective and her father as more the laid back one. It was kind of funny just how opposite their parents were. His were younger and had more children and hers were older with one child. And their personalities, his mother lighthearted and outgoing his father more serious. It was just the opposite for her father. But they were alike in the manner that both sets of parents both wanted a wedding first. Then she added her mother would need to be sitting at the time they she told her. He smiled and chuckled a bit.

"It seems they are quite opposite but alike. I'm excited to meet them, nervous too not going to lie. As much as we should be prepared for tomorrow...I want to ask about your day? Glad to see my brother and mother over here...but it might help if you knew the neighbors. I am sorry I havn't introduced you as long as we have been here..."

Heather listened to Ethan and smiled, understanding his nervousness and also glad to hear about his excitement as well. Her father would get along with Ethan, even though he was a business man he loved the outdoors. It was one of the reasons she had gotten into the idea of starting a food garden. Her father had one back at their old house as a child, he'd share was was grown with the neighbor hood or have a friend pickle it for him. She also shook her head and laughed a bit when he said sorry for not introducing her to the neighbors yet.

"It's alright, you've been working and so have I. Also, I have so many plans for the house that I've been doing research nonstop, so I've been keeping busy. However, some days are lonely...I'd love to meet some people. I mean, I'm a apart of this town now, I don't want to come off as rude just because I stay in the house so much. I'd rather no invite people over though...not with the kitchen and dinning room as they were. The kitchen just needs some new appliances and the Dinning room...just needs a wrecking ball through it." She finished with a small laugh.

"Oh Ethan, look at us...Three months pregnant and trying to renovate a kitchen and dinning room while saving for a baby, all wrapped up in also telling my parents who are clueless. If we don't go insane now, then we must already be." She sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder. "But if being insane means sticking with you...then I'd take that over sanity any day."

When he apologized for not introducing her to their neighbors she lightly laughed and told him it was okay. That they had been both working very hard while trying to save for the baby. But then she said that some days were lonely and that she would love to meet some of these people in their little town. Heather expressed that she didn't wish to be seen as a rude shut in but was embarressed to have people over other than his family. She let out a soft laugh and smiled the same way. He listened to her and laughed too. They were three months pregnant and trying to save for rennivations and the baby on top of the stress of her parents not knowings. She was right, they must have been insane for taking all this on at once. But like she said he agreed...he would rather be insane and with her than single and sane.

"I definitly agree. I don't think we will ever be sane again...but that's okay. As long as I get to be with you and our child."

Then he yawned and kissed her cheek before standing up and streaching. He turned his head as he walked upstairs, speaking and slipping into his old accent for a few moments. It was an accent he had mostly gotten rid of when he went to New York but slipped into it here and there. It was an accent that came with living a bit too far from a big city.

"Now...If you don't mind I need some sleep so I don't make a bad impression on you Ma and Pa."

He almost didn't realize he had slipped into it but blushed a bit in embaressment when he realized that he slipped. The man just went upstairs and laid back on the bed, exausted. Slowly he drifted off into sleep. When he woke it was nine in the morning and he got up and went into the the kitchen where he took his medicine everyday at nine twenty five a.m. It was bitter and he hated taking it but he had to be here for Heather and the baby. Mostly out of stress he began to make sure his house appeared decent as it could with the hideous dining room and kitchen in desprate need of updates. Then he went back into the room and pulled off his shirt and got ready to get dressed. Ethan didn't have a clue when they would be here.

Smiling at him as he kissed her cheeks, she also made a move to stand, though moving a little slower than Ethan. When he slipped into his accent she giggled and followed him slowly up the stairs, teasing him as she was a few steps behind him.

"Hmm...Is it wrong of me to find your country accent terribly alluring?" She said with a teasing tone before laughing it off lightly and heading into the bedroom.

Heather changed into her pajamas and soon joined him on the bed, falling asleep just as quickly as he did right at his side. Being a heavy sleeper now, she did not wake when Ethan moved around, still staying sleep until she heard him shuffling about and getting dress. A yawn slipped from her lips as she started to sit up, rubbing her eyes and trying to get her tangled mess of a hair style out of her face. Pulling the sheets off of her she sat on the edge of the bed, not even looking at Ethan as she spoke.

"Ethan...Did you?" She asked softly, another yawn taking over as she stood up.

He smiled as he looked over and saw Heather still asleep. The house looked decent now so she didn't have to worry about that. He guessed there wasn't much left they could do to prepare to greet her parents. There was the matter of dinner but he would clear that up with his girlfriend before they got here. They really had two options but he wasn't sure about her parents meeting his right away. Ethan took off his shirt and went over to the dresser and began digging through his clothes. Pretty soon after he started quietly rummaging he heard something behind him. He turned his head and saw Heather open her eyes. She yawned and sat up, rubbing her eyes, trying to fix her hair that had become tangled as she slept. The woman didn't look at him as she pushed off the sheets and sat on the edge of the bed. He turned back around and pulled out some pants and shirt that was about as formal as casual was going to get. As Ethan shut the drawer he heard her speak. She asked an open ended question to him. He finnished undressing and pulled on his pants, zipping and buttoning them before awnsering her question.

"Everything down stairs is cleaned up, the guest room is almost ready and I took my Medication."

He put on his shirt and turned around. She yawned and stood up. Ethan ran his fingers through his hair, knowing it needed fixing too before he tried to impress her parents.

"I've thought about dinner too... We can have Dinner here, have my mother cook, or there is a very good cafe in town. It's the Big Horn Cafe after the Big Horned sheep that used to be pretty famous around here. I will let you decide..." He sighed. "Is there anything else?"