Expect The Unexpected

Heather smiled at him a bit before leaning in and placing a kiss upon his lips. He made a good point to wait for when they knew the sex of the baby. It would save them from having to return any gifts that they could not use and also made shopping easier on the family when it came to getting gifts for the actual baby shower. She did want to get renovations done though and waiting another two months could be risky, especially if they wanted to be done before baby came along. Still though, she agreed with him and figured that at least waiting for the gender of the baby was a good idea.

"Alright, We'll wait...Though, that won't stop be from starting to do things myself you know...We could do small changes like painting the old cabinets and fixing them up a bit. We could also start taking out carpeting and such. You know, do what normal people can do well in a project, the demo. Also, if you're worried about me being alone we can always get your brothers or family involved. I mean, they all seem to be pretty handy with tools." She reminded him as she pulled back a bit.

"Anyway, We can talk more about it tomorrow. Lord knows my mother's gonna want to get her hands into the project."

With that said she sat up and made her way over to a dresser and started to change into her pajamas. She just pulled on an over sized T-shirt and put all of her dirty clothing into the laundry basket. Slipping back into bed she moved close to Ethan and gave him another kiss, holding him a bit before pulling back.

"Love you."

She then leaned in and placed a kiss upon his lips, smiling a bit as he did. Ethan did know that it would be risky to wait to see the sex of the baby was in order to see if they could start major renevations, but he did think it would make a difference. If it was a girl he knew himself enough to know that more money would defintly be spent. Just from what he had seen in all his years there were a lot more things to buy for baby girls than baby boys. If it was a boy then he would love the baby just the same and either way It would be expensive. But while most men wished for a boys as their first he couldn't help but hope it was a girl. To him he had seen something special with his sister and father. A bond that he one day hoped to have with his baby. Then he listened as she spoke and told him that she still wanted to start fixing things. Not major things but little things here and there. Just so the place would start looking better and not so much would have to be done when Heather would be heavier with child. And that when he would have to be away for work if he was worried about her being alone his brothers could come over to help her. After pulling back a bit she said that they would talk more tomorrow after her mother would begin helping her daughter with the construction. Ethan then laid back as Heather moved off it, going to get dressed. He then closed his eyes, the next thing to knew he was being Kissed. He kissed her back and she pulled away, telling him that she loved him. Ethan opened his eyes and smiled back at her sleepily.

"I love you too...now...shall we get some sleep? I have a feeling that tomorrow will be a long day..."

He closed his eyes again and quickly fell asleep. The day had been busy and he was exausted so he slept more than soundly than ever.

Heather nodded her head a bit as he asked about sleeping, soon falling asleep beside Ethan in his arms. She was just as tired as he was from the long day, especially since she had spent a good amount of it worrying about what her parents would think about the pregnancy. Thankfully all was well and she no longer had to worry about what her parents would do. Also, it appeared as if they also liked Ethan quite a bit, and his parents as well, which put her even more at ease. However, they were nowhere near being done with stress. They still had doctor appointments to go to and shopping to do and also extended family to inform. Along with that, She still had to work on her articles while he had to work on photo shoots. This was no easy road for them, but they'd make it just like before...somehow.

Morning came a little nosily, the sound of banging in the kitchen being what had awoken the sleeping mother to be. Curled up against her boyfriend, she yawned loudly and blinked slowly, still trying to register what that sound was. Soon, she could hear talking and the sound dishes clanking. Whoever it was did not seem to think about being quiet. It was around then that Heather remembered that it wasn't just them in the house, her parents were staying with them. Sighing tiredly, she debated if she should just sleep some more of if she should go and greet them. Though sleeping sounded nicer, she knew that if she didn't get up, they would come and wake her up...and that was something he did not want to make Ethan experience.

Standing up slowly, She shuffled around for a robe to wear, yawning softly as she slipped on her slippers and started to shuffle quietly out of the room. She'd wake Ethan later, since he seemed to need the extra sleep more than she did.

Ethan woke sometime after Heather had left the room. Not even bothering to sit up he glanced over at the electronic Alarm clock. The clock read almost nine-thirty in the morning. He had somehow slept in far past the time he was supposed to wake up in order to ensure that he would arrive on time for his client. Ethan liked to be there even before they were so the eqiptment was ready to go. But he had cleared his schedual for today and tomorrow but the weekend was going to be no walk in the park. He had six shoots this weekend. It was Because he had cleared the last few days that he had a crowded schedual this weekend. The man was not at all looking forwards to how exausted he would be this weekend. He sighed and sat up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed before pushing himself to his feet. Ethan undressed and put his clothes in the laundry basket before going to the ajoining bathroom and turning on the hot water. He stepped in and it hurt a little at first but quickly grew used to it. It was refreshing and it assisted in waking him up the rest of the way. After cleaning up he stepped out and towled off, going to the dresser for his clothing. He took his time dressing and fixing his hair, as to make sure he looked decent enough. But not until after he realized that Heather's parents were still here. Then he slowly came down the stairs streaching and smoothing out his clothes as he entered the Kitchen. There he found Heather. It looked like she had just gotten out of bed and was wrapped in a robe. Slippers on her feet. No matter what she looked beautiful...so he smiled at her and walked into the Kitchen.

"Good Morning Heather...Mr. And Mrs. Moore."

(SOrry it is so short! I wasn't sure what else to put! It will be longer next time, I promise! >.<)

Heather had been talking with her parents, both of whom were completely dressed and ready for the day. Her mother was in something more relaxed than her first outfit, a pair of simple jeans and a long flowing shirt of sorts. Her father was just in jean and a simple polo. They were planning for the day, her father having seemed to have it in his mind that there were things to see in this small town. After explaining that there really wasn't much to do on short notice, Heather found herself being hounded by her mother a bit to start the reconstruction of her kitchen that day. Ethan only happened to wander in half way through the speech her mother had been giving her...

"..And if you took out this wall here you'd have a nice flow into the dining room and then you could just have the sink on this wall and all of your kitchen storage on that wall. Oh! Good morning Ethan!" Her mother said as she turned after hearing him greet her. "Good to see someone that will listen to reason is up!"

"Mom...I'm not going to put a whole in the wall until I know we have funds! Besides, I'm not going to bring a child into the world if they have to come home to a torn up mess!" She defended before looking to him. "She's been on about this all morning since I mentioned that there really isn't much to do around here...She thinks I should start tearing the house apart today. Don't mind her..."

"Don't mind me!? Heather, you have such potential in this house and you'd save money if you took everything down for the contractors to look at! Besides, you can reuse the cabinets, they are in surprisingly good use!"

"Honey, your daughter is not you...let her rip apart her own house at her own pace. However, the backyard would be an easier task to take on. I mean, It's a pretty big space, a patio would be nice back there."

"Dad, not you too..."

"I'm just saying, if anything a little garden. I could help with that! I'll even do it for free." He said before chuckling a little.

When he walked into the kitchen there was already an conversation in swing. Heather's mother was analyzing the kitchen already, talking about removing walls and where to put what. It looked like she was in heaven, amungst walls that were in desprate need of design. Then when he did bid everyone a good morning her mother turned to him and greeted him back. She seemed to be in a pleasant mood which was a good thing. Her mother was dressed down today but in a way was still dressed sharp. She then said that she as glad to see that someone who would listen to reason was up. Ethan couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he continued to listen as Heather started to talk. She told her mother she didn't want to put a hole in the wall until she knew they had the funds. That she didn't want to have to bring the baby home to a house that was in shambles. He did agree with that but he wasn't going to tell his girlfriends mother that they were going to put off major renevations for atleast another two months. She then looked to him and spoke to him. Heather told him that she had been talking about this since the moment she had shuffled into the kitchen. That she wanted to start taking the house apart today and not to mind her. Well that didn't go over so well with her mother who thought that the house had so much potential. Her father then cut in saying that heather wasn't her, despite how much they did look like mother and daughter. That she could rip apart the house at her own pace. From hearing her father and him, himself experince it he knew that was best thing to do. Rushing Heather wasn't going to get her anywhere or to do anything. But then her father brought up a good Idea. The backyard was big space. And that could be on the last of the list to fix up but it would be easy. A patio was a good Idea and a garden was starting to look like a good idea after all. And eventully no matter the gender a playground would be a good idea for when they got bigger. Ethan looked to Heather and smiled.

"I think that would be a good idea...a patio, garden, and eventully a playground back there. We have a lot save away for the baby already and I have been putting a little extra from every shoot into funds for fixing the house up. If you want to start up the smaller stuff that you had in mind and do somemore planning that is fine. And we can get started on the backyard...plus I have six shoots this weekend that are all paying well so whatever comes out of the bank will go back in plus more...have fun."

He smiled and gave her a quick kiss before looking around.

"So what about breakfast...? It's probably best to get started the right way."

He was in a pleasant mood today and wasn't going to let anything get him down today.

Heather blushed a bit as Ethan gave her a kiss, seemingly agreeing with her father that getting the smaller things done and working on the back yard would be fine. Though she was still a little weary about working on the house, she figured that it would be something to do for her mother at least. Also, if the backyard was fixed up then at least the outside would look nice. Thankfully the front of the house was fine and didn't need any work, only the backyard needed some things and even then it was just some plants to liven up the space. When breakfast was asked about, Heather's father lifted his mug and smiled.

"I'm set right here, made myself some coffee this morning." He said before taking another sip.

"I just took some cereal, wasn't up for much." Heather's mother said lightly.

"They fended for themselves it seems, I still haven't had anything though. I'll probably just have some cereal." Heather said with a small smile.

"You should be eating more than cereal miss parent to be. I want a full plate in front of you." Her mother said as she gave her daughter the look all mother's gave their children. "Then you can go get dressed and we can head to the hardware store. If I can't tear apart your house then I'll at least tear apart your back yard. Besides, we can have a patio in by tonight."

Heather let out a small sigh as her father chuckled again and took once more sip of his coffee.

When asking about breakfast her father said he was satisfied with his coffee and her mother told him she had eaten cereal. Then when Heather mentioned just having some cereal her mother gave her that look that he was also familiar with. It was that look that mother's gave you when said something wrong. It was the look that mothers gave you to let you know she expected something more of you. It seemed that her mother wasn't too fond of the idea of her Pregnant daughter eating such a light breakfast. Ethan didn't either but he wouldn't object too much in front of her parents. Her mother had already covered that. After her mother said she wanted a full plate in front of her Ethan went over to the fridge and started to pull out breakfast items. He listened as she continued on to tell her daughter that after breakfast she needed to get dressed so they could all go to the hardware store. Ethan liked her parents, her father was so laid back and her mother just liked to keep busy. After a little while he finnished a healthy but delicious breakfast for her and him. Had her parents not already eaten he would have made more. But he handed the plate over to Heather before leaning against the counter to eat his own. After both him and heather finnished eating he cleaned up the kitchen and pulled out his medication from one of the cupboards. He bit his lip, looking at the bottle. He hated the stuff but if it kept him from an early grave then he would take it. The man measured out the liquid medication and took it, making a slight sour face as he swallowed it and took care of the bottle.

(Sorry I took so long to respond...I wish I had a better excuse but i've just been lazy...^^;)

Heather's mother continued to go on about what they could do with the back yard while Ethan worked on making breakfast for himself and Heather, the red head just rolling her eyes here and there as her mother seemed to come up with a rather lavish and expensive project in her head. Her father seemed to just chuckle softly as he looked to his daughter and gave her a smile that said he'd control his wife from going to crazy. When the food was made, Heather took the plate from Ethan and ate at the table, the meal rather filling and her plate being emptied rather quickly.

With her food gone, Heather slipped away and up the stairs to change into something nicer than pajamas and a house robe. Quickly she showered, washing herself up and then slipping into a nice maternity dress that looked good even without the baby bump. Along with a pair of sandals and her hair getting tied back, she made her way down the stairs again and paused in the kitchen doorway.

"Alright, I'm all ready."

Ethan continued to listen as her mother continued on about what they could potentially do with the back yard. She was right...there was an aweful lot that they could do and she had alot of good ideas. He might side with her mother at this point. The man was auctually excited to finally do something with the house. It would mean just one more step closer to their house being completed. He was very excited and was open to Ideas from either side even though her mothers options were more costly. After he finnished cooking both him and Heather ate. When they did finnish Heather slipped away and upstairs to change out of her pajamas. As he cleaned the dishes he heard the pipes go on as the shower turned on. He smiled a bit and washed the dishes throughly. Once he finnished he made sure the rest of the kitchen was in order. It the when he finnshed that his girlfriend finnished as well. She came back dressed in a beautiful Maternity dress that also looked good even if it wouldn't have been a maternity dress. With it she wore a pair of sandles and tied back her hair. Like usual she just looked amazing. He smiled happily and came over, taking her hand when she said she was ready.

As they slipped out of the door he grabbed his keys and led her out to the truck. The man waited until her parents joined them in their car and he started it. The truck humming to life he started down the road towards the hardware shop. It was the same place that they had come to look at their options earlier. Ethan was going to assume that her mother was going to love this place. It had everything for home makeovers that anyone could ever imagine. Once the arrived and parked he sighed and got out of the car, walking towards the doors looking towards her smiling.

"You think this is a good idea...?"

Heather walked with Ethan to the car quietly, her parents following them in their own car. She knew that today would be a long day, and certainly a messy one as well. Still, her mother had a point, even if she did not want to admit that to her, they could and should get the yard done. If there was a place they could escape to without going to far from the house, it would be the back yard. It also had to be safe for a hyper and curious baby once he or she learned to crawl and then walk.

When they arrived, Heather waited for Ethan to open her car door for her, mostly because she was still a bit tired from having woken up so early. Once she was out, she walked with him towards the door, her parents following after them a few steps behind as they had just gotten there as the moved towards the door. A small chuckle slipped out of her as he spoke and she looked to him out of the corner of her eye.

"With my mother around? Not really...But if it makes her happy and we get something done, I can't say it is all that bad of an idea."

(I hope this is not too much of a disappointment but I wanted to post something so the RP wouldn't Die...Forgive me for not replying any sooner. School has started again and a friend of my is going to have her baby soon..PLUS i've been working....I will get to posting again as soon as I have some free time. I am so sorry! And thank you for being such a good Roleplay partner. I really appricate it. So please have some more patience...) ),=