Expect The Unexpected

Heather smiled at him a bit before walking over to him and hugging him lightly, nuzzling her head against his cheek.

"Hmm...Thank you, That was very nice of you to do. I think dinner out will be best, especially if your parents will be joining us. We don't have a dining set and with my mother being a fashion designer...well, even she will know that the house could use a face lift. Also, that way we won't have to worry about any possible fits at dinner, because she won't want to look rude in public." She said simply before pulling back.

"Anyway, they said about being on a plane at noon, so they should arrive in time for a late dinner. I'm gonna get dressed, give your parents a call and tell them they are welcome to come to dinner but it won't be until late because my parents will still have a bit of a drive from the airport after the flight...If we are lucky my mother might actually be telling me the truth this time as well...She has a bad habit of telling me one time and some how arrive hours earlier than possible." Heather mumbled the last part before walking over to the closet.

She shuffled through her clothing for a moment, trying to find a nice outfit to wear for her parents as well as something to hide her small baby bump so they wouldn't notice right away. She eventually pulled out a blue dress and black maternity tights. The dress was designed to not cut around her waist, therefore hiding her small bump and not allowing any hints as well. Of course, she did still look nice in it as it had long tight sleeves, a high collar and also was tight at the bottom so it wouldn't blow to much in the wind. After changing into it, she wandered into the bathroom and started to do her hair, brushing it and straightening it out as before braiding it and letting it hang over her shoulder. You can take the girl out of the city but you can't take the city out of the girl. Even in pregnancy Heather had style.

He smiled when she came over and nuzzled her head into his cheek. She had just the way of saying or doing something that made him feel like the luckiest man in the world. When she hugged him lightly he returned the favor, wrapping his arms around her small waste. He listened to her as she spoke. First she thanked him then agreed with him it might be best to go out to eat. The last thing Ethan wanted was to be told his kitchen and dining room needed what Heather called a "face lift." Right now it was more important that he save his money for the baby. They had not bought a single thing for the child to come and if they had to make renevations before the baby got here their budget would crash. The cafe would be sure to please. The service was fantastic and the food even better. It was certinly the heart of the town. A lot of people went there in the morning to get their morning coffee. It was a common sight to see many people down there eating, talking, sharing stories. It was friendly and warm...a place that he often went when he lived here.

Ethan snapped back to attention when she pulled away and mentioned that her parents flight was to take off at noon. So it would be at least five to six hours before they got here. He nodded and slipped cell out of his pocket, listening to the rest of when she had to say. As he dialed his house phone he walked out of the room. After speaking breifly to his mother he talked to his dad, making sure his mother would be ready on time. He was always so good at getting places in a timely manner. Then he turned on his heel and went back into the room, peeking into the bathroom his eyes widening in suprise. Heather was dressed in a blue dress that had long sleeves and collar with black tights. Her baby bump had disappeared in her dress and her long red-hair was braided over her shoulder. The woman looked very beautiful. Ethan smiled widely and quietly wrapped his arms around her waist. The country boy buried his face into her neck, leaving a brief kiss upon her neck. He then pulled away and looked at her through her reflection in the mirror.

"You look beautiful...as always. You can take the girl out of the city but that don't mean the city is gone from the girl. What's next my City girl?"

Heather smiled as Ethan walked over to her and held her from behind, a giggle slipping out as he kissed at her neck. She smiled at him through the mirror before turning her head to look back at him.

"Well, we have a few hours to kill and my parents are no speed demons on the road. Why don't we check out the hardware store? You know, just looking at paint colors and flooring options. No major purchasing yet. After all, my mother will want a say in it if she takes a gander at the mess of a dining room we have. I also want your mothers opinion because I like how she has her house as well. Besides, I think we both need to keep our minds busy, or else will both work ourselves into a nervous fit while waiting for my parents to arrive."

She turn in his hold and wrapped her arms around his neck lightly, giving him a small kiss before pulling back.

"Also, I really do want to look at paint and such, I know money is a little bit tight but I just want to make this house a home for the baby...and I'd hate to put a newborn though any major changes. The sooner we are done...the better. Even if our time is limited."

It was just impossible to say how much he loved her smile and laugh. He could survive off them. All he ever wanted was to see her happy and to have little moments like this in his life with her. Though he had always eventully wanted children if it was a child or her he would pick her. But now he had one and the other was on it's way Ethan McCoy Felt like the luckiest man in the universe. This simple life made him the happiest. It wasn't a bad thing living in the city but...he wasn't going to lie...it felt nice to be back home. But in the end as long as Heather was happy so was he. She turned and looked at him suggesting they go on down to the hardware store so see their options for their future kitchen and Dining room. He was going to second guess it because his payments for the shoots had been going directly from check to house payments and Baby savings. Only one of his smaller shoots had gone into the savings for a new Dining room. But then she assured him there was not going to be any major purchases today because she was sure that the mothers would be practically commedering the renevations of the Dining room. Then the woman turned in his arms and placed a kiss on his lips, wrapping his arms around his neck as she did. It was a small kiss that tempted him to change that but she pulled back and looked at him. The beautiful mother to be told him that she just wanted the baby to come home to a house that didn't need any major changes. A sutible house where it would be happy and safe. He smiled warmly and leaned in again, returning the kiss. Ethan pulled away after a few long moments and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Sounds like a mighty good Idea to me. I am ready anytime you are."

He moved one of his arms to take her hand after she realsed him and took her out to the car. Ethan opened and closed her door for her before getting in the drivers seat. The man started the car and drove less than ten minuets into town to a bigger building styled like a old wood cabin. The inside was just as big as the outside and there was everything from wood floors to every color paint you could think of. No one would think of a place like this being where it was. As they walked in he saw the two people from the photoshoot. It was His Californian Ex Girlfriend and her husband to be that introduced themselves as the owners of the place. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he pretended to only know them from his photoshoot, introducing them to Heather before gently pulling her along to go look at whatever it was Heather wanted to see first.

"I am ready as I can be." Heather said with a grin.

She let Ethan take her hand and lead her to the car, grabbing her purse along the way out the door. After slipping into the car and driving a bit, they arrived at the hardware store, it being a decently sized place much to her surprise. It was even a homey place as a couple introduced themselves as the owners, both of them awfully pretty, especially the woman. It seemed that Ethan knew them though, having just worked with them in a small shoot. Well! Weren't they such nice people! Heather was only able to give a quick hello to them before Ethan pulled her along, moving towards the paint section near the back of the store as she gave a small wave to them. Once the paints were in her site though she moved on them like crazy, smiling as she started to pick out plenty of color cards, most of them green though their were a few light purples and tans and even a bit of red to add a variety of choices. She also wandered away from Ethan, letting him look around on his own as she looked over the type of paint they had.

Ethan awknowladged Heather as she wondered away. Not too long ago she had picked out several cards with just about every shade of green and half the shades of purples. He just smiled and let her go about looking at the options she had paint wise. The man just wandered off towards the flooring area, not too sure what to do with himself. He started looking at the linoleum's. They looked rather tacky. The first years of his life were spent in his home with very ugly looking flooring. His mother changed the flooring over to real wood floors after the twins were born but that was something he remembered. Later on he leaned the name of the stuff and jad not been too fond of it ever since. He hoped Heather shared the same option...or at the very least did not pick it. Next he saw the tile and wood floors. The tones the two floors had avalible was good and he even liked some of them. But with a baby on the way Tile was best reserved for kitchens at times and bathrooms. Wood was a possibility because though it was just as hard as Tile he felt it to be more safe. After all it was wood and not as breakable. It wasn't like the child would, until a suitable age, be left in the kitchen or Dining room unattended. But the down fall was that the people they would have to hire/pay to put in the wood flooring would have to lay it and stain it the desired color along with more things. It would take time to do and they would be out of the house for at least a week or more because of the smell and such. Not to mention it would have to be before the baby was born or shortly after. Either way it would be with a very pregnant Heather or a Heather who had barely given birth. It seemed to make sense to get the major changes done with before the baby came so wood didn't seem like a very plausable choice right now. Though he would much prefure wood floors in the dining room Carpet was another option and MUCH more baby friendly and easy to install. As Ethan went to look at the carpets he yet again met up with Julie. Her husband to be Steven had gone off with another customer to help them find the wood stain they were looking for. She turned around and smiled at Ethan, tucking her long hair behind her ears.

"Hey Ethan...It's been awhile."

He bit his lip considering his choices in this situation. It was already too late, he might as well endulge her and let her be on her way.

"California Julie....Yeah it has been. Well I'm still here, too bad for you. Not as much as a liability as seen in the ads eh?"

She smiled a bit sadly and nodded, her eyes reflecting sincerity. The woman knew he was referring to the break up over something so petty and shallow.

"Yeah...I know. I did hear about that though. You stopped the medicene and almost lost that heart."

His eyes widend in suprise. "Who told you that? That was supposed to be..."

"Secret?" She finnished for him. "Oh come on Ethan, you know this town. Everybody knows that by now. They were worried about ya until you came back. That city girl of yours keeping you in line?"

He blushed a bit and smiled. "Heather? Yeah, she does. If it wern't for her I would be six feet under by now. I met her in New York when I went there for school, was taking pictures on an assignment and low and behold she was the journalist that I had to turn the pictures into."

Julie laughed and smiled. "Sounds like a regular old fairy tale to me. Glad you found someone Ethan. And I found mine as well so the breakup wasn't such a bad thing after all..."

Ethan nodded. "Looking back now...no. But I won't lie to say it was very awkward meeting up with you again afterwards. Anyways Heather and I are doing a total renevation on the dining room. Would you mind giving me a professional opinion? She is looking at painting it either purple of green I believe."

"Sure thing, follow me Mr. McCoy!" She said as she went to show him the floorings in more depth.

Heather found herself wandering out of the paint section after she had collected a series of color cards to compared to the kitchen and room. She had also looked into possibly doing the work themselves, they would certainly save on money if they were the labor. Also, Ethan's brothers would certainly help out as well, though Heather would pay them if they did help. However, they would have to buy the supplies to do that, unless they could borrow them from someone. After wandering over to the flooring, she found Ethan talking with one of the owners, the woman she had only been introduced to quickly.

She smiled a bit and walked over to Ethan, standing next to him and smiling at the woman. She didn't feel any need to be jealous, like some women might. Heather was confident in her looks and her mind, also, this woman was engage, there was no way she would have any interest in Ethan relationship wise.

"What are we looking at?" She asked she glanced over the flooring, rather curious to hear what it was.

Ethan followed her back around to the beginning of the flooring's. She showed him some Linoliums that were impressive for what they were but still he express his dislike of the flooring. It had cause many of his first pains as a child. The first time he slipped and fell was on that type of flooring. He still held the spite for it nonetheless. Then she showed him the areas with tiles and wood and they stopped. A great shade of wood caught his eyes once again as she showed it to him and explained all it's benefits. The father to be wanted wood flooring, weather it was about his personal taste or the familiarity of being back home he knew not. But as soon as she finished he cleared his throat and looked at her.

"Umm...Except I have one thing to tell you. Heather and I have to pick a safe flooring...something we could possibly install ourselves. We don't have the funds for anything excessive or expensive. Heather is Three Months Pregnant..."

Her eyes widened and she smiled widely. He tensed as she hugged him. After a few moments she let go and looked at him.

"That is fantastic Ethan! I am so glad to hear that, you starting a family? I didn't think you would have a child this soon but the sooner the better!"

"Well the truth is...We didn't plan on the baby. Not at all. So we came back down here to near family. Anyways carry on with that in mind."

She went on to take him over to the carpets and he remembered some of the colors Heather had picked out as a possibility. So he pointed some carpets out that she might like and as they were discussing what would match and would would work He heard her voice. It was Heather and she asked what it was they were looking at. Ethan wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to himself gently. Julie turned and smiled at the couple.

"Well...Ethan suggested something safer for the Dining room. These are the types of carpet that would work in that type of room. I don't know what you would want. Of course he also mentioned that you two were just looking right now..."

Ethan looked up at the clock on the wall. It didn't seem like it but they had been here a little over two hours. The time was ticking down. By now Heather's parents would be on their flight to Colorado and to tell the truth even with them this far away a knot was beginning to form in his stoumuch. But he tried to refocus as they continued to look, Following Heather and Julie around the store as they discussed the possiblities for the house as the time ticked away.

"Oh~ Those are nice." Heather said as she looked over to the carpet, reaching out and touching it lightly.

"Yes, at the moment just looking. I'm very interested in things that are easy to install though, something that we can do on our own if hiring workers is to much for us. I'm also eying up the wood flooring...but current circumstances are keeping me at bay a little bit. Wood flooring is still hard, even if it is no like linoleum. Do you have wood floors designed for personal installation? Something pre-made that doesn't have to be make to fit a kitchen? " Heather asked as she looked to the woman.

Heather followed Julie around the store as they talked about options and costs, Julie being quite the fountain of information. Heather was starting to like the idea of getting new carpeting for the whole downstairs, just because it seemed the the equivalent of that was around the same price for the dinning room to be done in any custom like wood flooring. Also, There was mention that if they bought enough carpet, installation was free, satisfying the saver in Heather quite a lot. Not only would the whole house look better, but they would be rid of the old and dirt embedded carpet that came with the house. Then they could splurge a bit and have the kitchen done in wood. This was all still just thoughts though, nothing would going to be bought that day. Looking at her watch, Heather realized they had been there over two hours, enough to at least mean that her parents would be on their flight.

"Hmm...We should go. The house could still use a quick little clean and I need to make snacks for my parents." She said as she glanced to Ethan before looking at Julie.

"Do you have floor samples? Something we can take home and put into the room, just to help picture things? I'd love to see how some of the carpets would look in the dinning room before buying."

He was pleased to find out that She had the same Idea that he did. If they could install it themselves then it would be much cheaper than if they hired someone. Heather also expressed her want, just like he had, in getting wood flooring for the house. She wouldn't say it besides saying "Current circumstances" but Julie knew just what she meant. When Heather asked about wood flooring for personal installation Julie showed them what they had to offer. Then he fell more quiet as the two woman discussed prices and an array of options. Some were more appealing than others but also they cost more. He thought about picking up more jobs and putting more into the renevation savings while putting the same amount of money into the baby's savings fund. Because the more they looked around the more he was convinced that they would not be getting away without spending hundreds more than they had set aside. Then Julie suggested that they re-carpet the entire downstairs and it seemed that Heather liked the idea. Especilly when Julie told her that if they bought enough that installation was free. He understood because it seemed like a logical idea. To get something fresh and new that was who the couple was. It would be a place they would be proud to raise a child in. And there was also a mention of the kitchen being done in wood. Ethan smiled about the possibilities but he also wanted hear about what Heather's mother thought. After hearing all this information both of them agreed it was time to get going. She was right about the house needing a bit more cleaning and she said something about making snacks for her parents. Before they left Julie handed Heather a sampling for every flooring she wanted. Finally they managed to get out of the store. When they got home he went back to the guest bedroom. It was a rather stylish room that looked as if it had been given special care by the previous owners. He went and retrieved cleaning supplies such as the vaccum and duster. Ethan took special care to make sure the queen bed was made carefully and the room being made spotless. Then he washed his hands and went out to the kitchen to see where he could further be of help. Ethan found her there and went over to her.

"So...tell me. What are we making for your parents? Anything they particularly like?"

After collecting the floor samples that she liked and saying good bye to Julie, Heather left with Ethan to get back home. When they arrived. Heather wandered off into the dinning room and kitchen, placing out the floor samples in strategic places. That way it couldn't be stepped on but her mother would see it, guaranteeing that her input would be given instantly upon noticing it. She also used some clear tape to hold up some of the cards on the wall in the dining room, having no guilt in ruining the wall as the paint was still so ugly. Once that was done she started to get to work on making snacks. Her parents never liked eating at the airport, found it just to expensive and repetitive to be worth the money. With also often left them terribly hungry by the time they arrived at their destination. She had heard the stories more than once through emails and the occasional phone call.

So, walking over to the cupboards, she pulled out a box of butter crackers. Along with that she grabbed a simple smoked sausage that she had been given by Ethan's father, recommending it for when she got her salt protein cravings as it had been what Ethan's mother ate during her own pregnancies. Finally, she pulled out a block of cheddar cheese and started to pull out a cutting board and knife. When her boyfriend wandered in after cleaning up stairs, she had a nice snack tray made up of sliced cheddar, sausage and the crackers. At the moment she also seemed to be working on a dip of some kind that was made with cream cheese and powdered soup mix.

"Nothing fancy. I made a cheese and sausage plate with crackers on it. Now I'm just working on some dip so that they have something else to much on. Mom likes variety." She said with a small smile before looking over to him

When he walked into the kitchen she was making a snack tray. Ethan went over and leaned against the counter as she described what she was making. It was a snack tray with that smoked sausage that looked and smelled so familiar. He knew it as the sausage his mother ate when she was pregnant with him and then the twins. It was very funny though. When mom had his sister she couldn't stand the stuff. His father wasn't much of a talker unless you got him talking about something that interested him. But it was a silent knowledge...like he understood what you meant when you didn't say anything. Being away from home made him more thankful for his big family. They could be annoying, bothersome, and nosy sometimes but he loved them just the same. Then she had also sliced up some cheddar cheese and brought out some crackers. He watched her silently made the dip before going over to the fridge and pulling out some tomatoes, lettuce, turkey fresh from the in store deli. As he walked over to the bread box sitting on the counter he glanced over at his girlfriend.

Pulling out a knife from the knife block he opened the box and cut himself two slices. The man then spoke as she brought them back over to where the other things were. He cut up the tomato then started compiling just a sandwich for a light lunch. Ethan didn't feel like eating much but eating regular meals was important for his health or so advised the doctor as she bombarded them with information as they left the hospital. It was okay though she was just trying to help...and she had a thing for Jackson. A phone call on the way to one of his shoots confirmed that when his mother called to talk and ended giving him every piece of information she had on her younger son's love life. He had told her to leave it be but she still fussed about it here and there. Then he spoke, asking her a question.

"Anything I can get you for a light lunch? I know were having a later bigger dinner tonight..."

Whatever and if she requested something he gladly made it and cleaned up his mess from making lunch. After that he wondered upstairs and dozed off after making the mistake of going anywhere near the bed. He didn't know why he was so tired lately. It didn't worry him too much though. It was a lot of stress between working and the preparing for the baby not to mention renovations. They had to come up with the extra money and that meant longer hours working during the week. It was also probably side effects from the medication. After all he was just starting to get used to it after not taking it for so long...

Heather soon finished what she was making around the time Ethan started to make himself a sandwich. He had the right idea though. Dinner would be late and probably very large, if he wanted to make it until after they chatted with her parents then he would have to eat now, and so would she. After wrapping up the tray and dip and placing them in the fridge she smiled a bit at her boyfriends offer. After requesting and sandwich like his own she made her way into the living room, started to straighten up the place by wiping up the dust and opening up the windows to let in some natural light. She then went back into the kitchen and thanked Ethan for making her lunch, giving him a small kiss on the cheek before he wandered off upstairs.

While sitting in the kitchen quietly, she ate her sandwich and read the paper for awhile, catching up on the news and clipping some coupons to put into her little envelope that she used to store them in. She then recycled the paper and wandered into her office to do some more work, unable to get herself to relax like Ethan had some how mustered. For the longest time, there was only silence, the two just doing their own things as they waited for her parents to arrive. It was very nerve wracking for Heather, mostly because she was probably going to be the one to answer the door as Ethan was dead asleep in the bedroom. At the same time though, she was happy. She had not seen her parents in person for almost a whole year, they hadn't even celebrated Christmas together since she left for college! To see them again after so long would be nice...She just wished that she didn't have to drop such a bomb on information on them at the very first visit.

Eventually, some time after six at night, the house phone rang. Picking it up Quickly, Heather answered.

"Hello."

"Heather! Honey, we are about half an hour out. Just letting you know. I hope you have something to eat because your father and I are dieing, there hasn't been a gas station in miles! Alright, see you in a bit dear!" Her mother chatted quickly before hanging up on her.

Heather sighed a little and hung up the phone as well, making her way up to the bedroom to wake up Ethan for their arrival.

Ethan didn't wake until Heather came and stirred him. He looked up at the clock. It was a little after six o'clock, about ten after. She informed him that about ten minuets ago she had recieved a phone call from her mother that they would be there in a half hour. Now it was twenty minuets. He slowly stood up and went into the bathroom, fixing his hair that had become a bit messy from the nap. Ethan just looked into the mirrior and rubbed the sleep from his eyes before going and sitting on the side of the bed. He looked up at Heather, picking up his cellphone.

"What time should I tell my parents to be at the Cafe?"

When he had recieved an answer he dialed the number and his father picked up the phone. He told him the time and talked briefly before standing. Before going back downstairs he yawned, streched, and smoothed out his clothing. He spotted Heather when he got down there and greeted her with a small kiss, taking her hand gently by lacing his fingers with hers. Ethan smiled gently at her.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep for so long..."

He glanced at the clock. It would be anytime now.

Heather go upstairs and woke up Ethan gently, telling him that her parents called and would be there shortly. After he woke up and cleaned himself up a bit in the bathroom, she smiled at him and spoke to answer his questions.

"Tell them about 7:30. That way we have some time for the news to sink into my mother so she isn't freaking out at dinner." She replied before she headed back down the stairs.

She first wandered into the kitchen and pulled out the snacks she prepared earlier, placing the bowl of dip and small snack tray on the table in the living room in front of the couch. She also moved some of the lounge chairs closer so that they all didn't have to sit on the couch together. When Ethan came down and kissed her she smiled at him and held his hand gently, shaking her head a bit at his statement.

"It's alright, I kept myself busy with work. Don't worry about it to much." She grin before she looked to the clock as well. They should be here any-

DING DONG

-minute...

Heather started to speak to him, telling him they would be here anytime. Then he heard the doorbell...a distinct Ding Dong. With each beat of the door bell his stoumuch fell to the floor. The man's heart started to beat a bit loudly in his chest. It was as if he could hear his heart pounding a millions times a second. He looked to her and swallowed a lump in his throat. It was clear he was nervous, trying to make a good impression on Heather's parents. Even still to him it seemed that it should have been opposite. First meeting her parents and she meeting his. Then the hopeful engagement and marrige. Followed by children, eventully. But it was in reverse order and he didn't know how her parents would react to that. He hoped that they would at the very least not forbid him from seeing her or the baby. The man had enough faith in her family and the justice system that he would remain alive. Slowly he walked over to the door with his girlfriend and opened the door. Standing there were her two parents. He smiled warmly at them, almost not realizing that he was still holding her hand. Ethan stepped aside, allowing them inside. After everyone was inside he shut the door and joined them in the living room. He walked in and almost instinctivly reached out to shake her parents hands as he introduced himself. As he spoke, he couldn't control it, his country accent slipped. It embarresed him a bit to have it slip around people he didn't know that well.

"The Name is Ethan McCoy...Heather has sure told me a lot about you. It's sure a pleasure to finally meet her ma and pa."

Heather wandered over to the door with Ethan, still holding his hand as they opened the door. Upon looking at them you'd know that they were her parents. Her mother was almost a replica of Heather, just older and with bright white hair. They seemed to share everything from their smile to the way the walked so tall. Her father though seemed to be the one she got her striking red hair from, as his bushy beard has streaks of red in it though his head was all grey. They both seemed to be in great health as well for their ages.

In a rather attractive and expensive looking pencil skirt, sleeveless sweater and high heels, Heathers mother seemed to make the first move.

"Oh my baby! I'm so glad to see you. I have seen you since you left for college. That's what I get for being a traveler at heart, isn't it?" She said in a happy joking tone as she hugged her daughter with one arm and stepped into the house, her coat on her arm as she strutted in, her husband following with to large suitcases and placing a kiss on his daughter cheek.

"Hello, pumpkin."

"Hello, Daddy." Heather said with a grin, her mother having once again pushed the hard labor off on her father.

After having her father leave the bags by the door temporarily, Heather lead her parents into the living room along with Ethan. Heather smiled as her boyfriends county accent slipped, making her hold in a laugh as her father smiled and took his hand and shook it.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Danial Moore. It's nice to finally meet the man who's gotten his hands on my little girl. It's nice to see that she found a nice man like yourself." He said before pulling back, her mother was a little more aloof though.

"Helen Moore, it's a pleasure really." She said from across the living room, already inspecting the place with her designing eyes. "Hmm...the carpet could use some replacing...it certainly isn't worth saving." Her mother mumbled as she looked down at the ground, her husband leaning over to Ethan and whispering.

"Don't mind my wife...when Heather mentioned a house her fashion flare kicked up and she's been going on about housing ideas the whole time since. Trust me she's happy to meet you as well." He said with a chuckle before looking over to Heather. "Now where are the snacks? I'm dying!"

"On the table, Daddy. Don't it too much though, we'll be going out to dinner with Ethan's parents after we get you settled."

"Oh really? FABULOUS!" Heather mother said in a happy voice before moving over to the couch to sit. "I could use a drink though sweetie...Something strong if you don't mind. We had to book community because of last minute notice, it was a night mare!" He claimed as she took a seat.

Ethan eyed her parents carefully, taking in their apperence. Heather was DEFINITLY her mother and father's child. Everything about her mother read Heather. She was tall, and wore expensive looking clothing. Ethan knew the prices on some of his girlfriends clothing...and after seeing a few he would have just rather not seen the price tag. The man just wanted to enjoy his lady enjoying her clothing. Looking to her father he had streaks of red in his bushy beard, Ethan sure that was where she had gotten her red hair. Her father left the bags by the door until they were further settled in. When Ethan reached out his hand and introduced himself her father took it, the father to be shaking his hand firmly. Her father introduced himself as Daniel Moore. The man seemed friendly and he smiled as he thought about how well his father would get along with his. Certinaly her more talkative father would manage to get something out of his silent/strong type father. When he turned to greet her mother she was on the otherside of the living room looking over and commenting on the things that he knew needed to be fixed. If only they knew why the modifications had not been made. Then Mr. Moore leaned over and insisted that his wife was happy to meet him. She had just been excited to jump on and help her daughter renevate.

He chuckled then asked about snacks, Heather informing him and warning him at the same time to not eat too much. Her mother went back over to the couch and sat, rather pleased the dinner would be with his parents. She asked for a stronger drink. Ethan knew that his father had some expensive "drinks" hidden away for special occsions when he did drink. Pa wasn't the type to drink cheap alchohol. If he did it was good, strong, alchcohol...and he watched just how much he drank. Ethan looked over at Heather, giving her a look that she would know what it would mean. She had left it to him to break the news to his family members. Now it was her turn...he wasn't about to tell her parents...people he didn't know well that he had been making love to their daughter and she had become pregnant with his child.
He went over to her and wrapped an arm around her waist, her against him. The man didn't know when she exactly wanted to tell them but at the Cafe...everyone in there would find out. It was up to her and a small smirk formed on his lips as he let her know that he wouldn't take this oppertunity away from her.

"Sorry mom, we don't have any alcohol in the house at the moment. It's a little out of our budget. We're saving up for a lot of stuff-"

"Oh right! Your renovations! I wasn't thinking, I'll drink something at dinner then. Sit! Sit and talk with us! We have a lot of catching up to do." Her mother said quickly, cutting her off and motioning to one of the other chairs.

Heather glanced at Ethan who had wrapped and arm around her before walking over to one of the chairs and taking a seat. For a moment she thought about just slipping it into the conversation, but felt that they would only react worse to a trick like that. So instead she decided to ease into it, no need to just say it right away.

"Well...A lot has happened since we've last talked. We decided to move here for financial purposes, and also to be closer to some type of family. Figured it be a safer thing to do since we've been together so long, you know?" She said with a small smile, her parents just nodding their head as they waited for her to continue. "Also, we've been saving up for a lot recently, like getting the house fixed up and such for certain things..."

"Anyway, the real reason I said we had something important to tell you is...that I'm pregnant." She said slowly.

Her parents were silent for a moment, her mother and father looking at her with wide eyes. Thankfully, it was her father who was the first once to speak.

"Honey! That's great! I mean, I know you aren't married but kids are a blessing as my parents would say. How long are you?" He asked happily, the obvious joy of being a grandfather the dominate emotion at the moment.

"Three months." Heather said softly before she looked to her mother slowly. The woman did not seem to have the same joy on her face.

"So...pregnant. Hmm...interesting. Ethan, mind if I have a small word...privately."

When Heather told her mother about not having the budget for strong drinks she then insisted all of them sitting down and catching up. Heather moved to go sit down, her boyfriend right behind her. He sat next to her, or near to her as it really was. As the man sat he somehow felt the feeling of some impending doom. He didn't know if it was just him or the feeling of reaction he felt he would get from her mother upon hearing her only child was pregnant. Even still he wanted to like the woman, she seemed pleasant enough. Then Hear began talking of their move out here. Both of them had decided that raising a child in the kind of environment they were in was not what they wanted. Plus the house payments out here cost less then the place...apartment they had been staying in. Raising a child in this town would be much simpler. There were people, honest people he had known his entire life that would do anything for his family and they in return for anyone of the families in this close knit circle. Heather had plenty of support systems out here....now he just had to help her along in that plan.

Let her get to know some of these people. Ethan than watched he parents nodding, encouraging Heather to continue. Then the woman explain they had been saving money to fix up the house...and here it was. The man carefully examined the expressions on her parents faces as she dropped the bombshell that was her pregnancy. It was an expression that conveyed their surprise but her father seemed to be more accepting of the idea than her mother. He was the first to speak and express the joy he had been hoping for. Ethan let go of some of the tension in his body as he told them children were a blessing...that this was a great thing. At asking how far along she was they were given the answer of three months. Both Heather and Ethan looked to her mother at the same time. The woman had fell far too silent for the father to be's tastes. The tension returned as she looked to him, asking him if they could speak privately. Even if he didn't wish to he would not turn down her invitation. Ethan looked back to Heather briefly before moving his line of sight back to her mother.

"Of Course Mrs. Moore..."

He stood up without so much of a resistance and waited to follow her off into a separate section of the house so they could talk privately. He had a feeling that this was going to be a rather tough run in with this woman.