Excavation/Exploration Crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mango

Original poster
GROUP RP IDEA
queue adventurous theme music

Excavation team heads to the arctic to find what they believed to be 'frozen eden'. Everyone awaited their findings with shrewd skepticism, almost glad when questionable reports returned that the entire crew had 'disappeared/died' during a fatal (collapse, mechanical issue, etc)., no one was found by the allegedly sent out scout team. But they sent a cryptic message on an odd server to (main cast) before their disappearances, just briefly touching on their progress, and their beliefs that the government would take them out before they could reach their destination. Determined to discover their findings, (our cast) begins a project to set out for their last known location.

Everything the government has done to try and stop (main cast) has only solidified their convictions. Cutting the funding, censoring communications, death threats ( arresting one of the protagonists on indefinite, false charges that would soil their reputation and severely damage the ties with those that they loved; character idea, really.)

Fueled by determination and vengeance, the crew flees to the Arctic, not capable of imagining just how much had been kept secret for them in the frozen waste lands...

This super vague and semi rushed plot can go so many ways:

- Attempts to debunk the globe earth
- To find a lost civilization
- To seek unknown creatures to fortify Russia's army
- Government has been set up there doing the typical disturbing things governments do
- To even to find "Frozen Eden" which is, originally, what I intended to have this lean towards.

These are mostly based off what are labeled "conspiracies" and could have potential biblical references depending on how we take this. I'm also open to include, for the sake of conflict, theories like "Hollow Earth" (aka, dwelling place of the cast out giants), 'other forms of life', I don't know -- we can discuss it as a group. The origins of our own characters (who/what they work for, how they came to be here, etc.) is all to be discussed as well, as I'm looking for ideas outside of my little mental box.​

I'm looking for extremely dedicated individuals who love to brainstorm, and can aid me in exploring all kinds of ideas. I'd prefer this be a small group of individuals, perhaps 4-5, maximum characters (at least whilst we're getting started) will be two per person. Romance is permitted, but not the focus. I'd really love it though if we could all discuss ties between characters, a bit of history, etc.

Posting requirements: I'd say it'll be a casual/detailed mix. Would prefer everyone post at least every other day, but the least amount conceivable without harming the story would probably be three posts a week, minimum two paragraphs per response.

If anyone's interested, please say so below, and I'll strike up a group PM (we could use discord as well) so we can properly discuss a general plot (though this can have tons of side things and distractions as well). Then, if we need more people, I'll post a better looking Interest Check. If a few people are down though I'll just get onto creating an OOC/IC/Sign Ups/etc.

Thanks for reading!(:​

Yea this could be pretty cool...count me in.

Reactions: mango
Status
Not open for further replies.