• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Jade knew how her boyfriend always kept his promises. It was something she loved about him. He was earnest, loyal, and never broke a single promise he made to her. Sometimes, she thought he was too perfect, and she thought that something had to have been wrong with him. But really, there wasn't. He was the perfect boyfriend, and she couldn't believe her luck that she happened to have him. What had she done to be blessed with such a boy? Smiling brightly, she nodded. "Alright, that's fine. It doesn't bother me none."

Later that evening, Callum was laying in his bed. He wasn't ready a comic. Instead, he was jotting things down in a black notebook/ He had headphones over his ears, that was plugged into a walkman. Yes, a walkman. Callum preferred walkmans over anything new like cell phones or iPods or anything you could listen to music off of. He liked making playlists on certain tapes. He liked popping them in. He just loved them. It was like he was from a different time.

Jotting down lyrics from a Beetles song in his notebook, his body lightly swayed with the music. His hair was done today. It was adorably slicked back with gel he managed to steal. Yup, he stole, but no one knew so it was okay. He was actually...Handsome. But he didn't think that. He felt as though he was ugly, not good looking at all.

As promised, Evan turned up with his mother-- though not entirely to help out around the orphanage as was first assumed. He had told his mother that he'd help clean up and do a few chores, but his intentions were now very selfish. He had no intention lifting a finger about the place (unless his mother demanded he do that), and instead, he was entirely focused on arriving just to spend time with Callum.

He had arrived at Callum's bedroom a minute ago, but spent that time watching the other teenager lounge out on his bed, tapping his foot occasionally along with the music. He wasn't entirely sure why he found the sight so captivating, and was only aware of how long he had stood watching him when a full minute had passed. Nervously smiling, he finally flopped to the bed and gave his new friend a quick nudge, holding the promised comics in his hand.

"You ain't got an iPod?" He asked casually, motioning to the walkman with an arched brow. "I mean, you must have one? Not even one of the older models?"

Pulling the headphones down, they rested around his neck as he gave the other a friendly smile. "An iPod? Nah, I don't really like those. It just takes all the fun out of making playlist and all that. Now you can just download them. It was more work to it back in the day...I just find it cooler." He mumbled, taking the comics, grinning a bit at them. "Thanks, man, these are great." Flipping through them, he got off the bed, and crouched down, pulling out the shoe box to place them in to be able to read them later. He then pulled out something from the box, before sliding it back under the bed, not letting Evan see what he pulled out.

Flopping back onto the bed, he glanced at the other, before grinning brightly. "...Wanna come out with me? I'm heading out tonight." He stated as he grabbed a small pocket mirror from his nightstand. He then pulled out the eyeliner he grabbed from the box. Looking in the mirror, he put the eyeliner on, but only on his bottom eyelid. It was a little messy, but it made him look...unsettling, cool and kind of like a rockstar.

"I mean, sure, that isn't a problem. My Mom will probably like that, she says that I should hang out with you-- that's not why I'm doing this! I like you, Callum, I think you're ace, mate," he quickly rectified, grimacing at the position his own words had led him to-- though the mere fact he got so awkward about it at least signalled he was telling the truth.

"She just thinks you could do with a friend, that's all-- and I'm totally happy to be your mate, I think you're fun, so... so yeah, let's head out," he shrugged, trying to regain back some coolness, even if it changed into swift curiosity at the sight of the eyeliner. He had nothing against it, nothing at all, but he hadn't met any guy who wore the tiniest amount of makeup before.

"Eyeliner, huh? That's different. Pretty cool, though. You can definitely pull it off," he praised, leaning a little closer to examine it properly. "...Yeah, it's cool. Do you always wear it?"

He glanced at him and shook his head. "Not always. Only when I'm going to where we're about to go. It's a rocker joint kinda place...It's a bar, but like a lot of rockers and those weirdos who wear all black go there..." He answered, instructing the other to come closer. "You need to wear some too. It's kind of their thing there, the eyeliner. They also have slicked up hair and shit like that, but the eyeliner should be enough to blend in."

Grabbing his face, he began to put eyeliner on the other's lower lid. He watched as the dark black lier brought out the other's incredible green eyes. His green eyes already contrasted with his bronze skin, but now with the black liner outlining them, they just popped. He stared at him for a moment, before smiling. "Nice. You're eyes literally pop." Standing up he went to his dresser, before pulling on some black hoodie that read, 'Fuck You' on it. Then he pulled off his pajama bottoms and pulled on his jeans. He was more than used to getting dressed in front of other's so he barely even flinched.

"Alright, let's go...I should probably tell you what will be doing at this rocker's bar thing...Well, they're having a contest there. Like a karaoke contest. Whoever wins gets a hundred dollar cash prize. I'm looking to win it."

Never had he seen another guy wear makeup, so to be wearing it himself all of a sudden was admittedly a bit of a surprise. Again, he didn't have an issue with it - not when glancing in the mirror and arching a brow at how much his eyes stood out. They were his favourite feature about himself, so to have them highlighted like this was definitely a factor he favoured. Makeup wasn't exclusively for women-- and it was only a little eyeliner. If everyone at this club wore it, he of course wanted to fit in and blend with the crowd.

"A karaoke contest, huh? You've got guts to do that, I'd never have the confidence to sing in front of people," admitted Evan as he adjusted his bomber jacket, casually pulling at a thread until it broke off. "I mean... yeah, it'll be fun though! I'm sure you'll win. I ain't even heard you sing, but you look the park."

"Just because I look the part doesn't mean I'll win." Laughed the boy. Evan was so simple. He thought so simple, and it was nice to be around. "I've got to sound the part too, ya goof. C'mon." He grinned, before taking the other, and leading him out of the house in a hurrying, before anyone could ask them where they were going. That night, Callum led Evan to a bar as promised. Everyone was wearing some shade of black or red, and they all sung rocker songs. Some people voices were bad, other's were terrible, and a handful was actually good. Some people were so drunk that they danced along to every song, thinking it was the best thing ever.

Callum's voice...Callum's voice wasn't perfect. But it wasn't bad. It was...raw, and different. Untamed, and untaught. Much like how he was himself. While he only showed Evan his good side so far, with only knowing him two days, he was still very much Callum. He still got in trouble with cops. Still stole. Still fought. Still hated the world. But he could control that when Evan was there. He could be...A better version of himself. He didn't know why he wanted the other to think highly of him, but he did.

Callum didn't win first place. But he did win third and got fifty dollars with it. With the money, he bought them both Mcdonald's and now they sat out in the park under the stars eating cheeseburgers. He was laughing as they thought back to some of the performers and just how terrible they were. "Damn, they were fucking bad, huh? Jeez." He chuckled, grabbing a cigarette from his pocket, having got a pack earlier. Glancing at him, he offered one. "Does the good boy smoke? Or no?"

Evan hadn't known what to expect from his first ever visit to a rocker's bar-- hell, it was his first visit to a bar full stop. He was sure his parents wouldn't be very supportive of the fact their son had managed to get into a bar and actually sneak himself a beer to drink, but he wasn't going to tell them about it. Besides, one beer was hardly that bad. Many other kids his age would have used the opportunity to get shit-faced, but Evan was responsible enough to have one small beer and stick to that. The last thing he needed was getting home drunk and having his mother tell him he couldn't hang out with Callum anymore.

Because he really did like the boy. They were different, completely different in fact, but they got along incredibly well. At the bar, as Callum sang, Evan was the loudest cheerer in the room, grinning up at his best friend with genuine pride. He'd only known him two days or so, but he was glad to vocally support him... especially when discovering Callum was actually pretty decent. He had a unique voice, and that was what he liked best. He could listen to him and know immediately it was Callum, rather than have to struggle to identify him. He wasn't generic, and that really was a good thing.

"I don't smoke, I mean... nah, none of my friends do, but... hey, you go ahead," he quickly encouraged, licking some ketchup hungrily from his own lips. "...Tonight was great, Cal. Like... I never do anything like this, so it was-- it was fun."

He lit his cigarette before leaning back on his hand as he smoked his cigarette. Glancing at him, he allowed a slow smirk on his face. "Yeah, it was pretty fun, hmm? We should do something like this again." He muttered glancing away from him. He wondered what else he could do. Callum's idea of fun mostly wasn't legal, but like hell did he want to get Evan involved in his tactics. Sure he took him to a bar tonight, but that was pretty harmless.

"Hmm, I'll think of something we can do together some other time." Evan was nice to be around. Evan was...Different from other people he hung with. Inhaling the smoke from his cigarette, he looked up at the sky. "We need to get back soon. Before Tegan freaks out about us being late. Plus you got school...What's it's like?" He asked, tipping his head back as he looked up at the school. "...I mean I've been to school, but I haven't been there in a long while."

"School? It's... alright, I guess. I have a few friends, but I'm nothing special. I have a girlfriend, Jade-- she's real cool, you'd like her. She's... way more popular than I am, but not in that horrible way. She's popular but she's really well-liked and she's pretty and... I kinda love her, so hey, you should meet her one day," he grinned, doing his best to keep the atmosphere as upbeat as was possible. He didn't want to linger on the fact that Callum hadn't gone to school in a while, because he was sure the reason wasn't that happy. While he was glad to talk about anything on Callum's mind, or parts of his history, he did want tonight to end on a high.

"My Mom will fret out, yeah. I mean... I have two older brother who caused her enough stress, and a sister who's always out partying even if she's just 18. I'm kinda the good kid in the family, so I wanna keep that reputation."

Evan had that high school life. The basic one that was...Just so perfect to him. It sounded like fun. Pretty girlfriend, friends, just...Hanging out every day. Must have been cool. Thinking about it, he wondered how his life would have been if maybe h was born into a different family. "Sometimes, I wish that I could have been born into a different family. Like I wish everyone was granted one wish when they turned sixteen or something. I would wish to just be born into a normal family." He mumbled.

This was the only time Callum's eyes looked distant as if he wasn't there. Like he was somewhere else. He wasn't in that park eating McDonald's. He was in his head, having the perfect family. A normal mother, a normal dad...Maybe a baby brother or sister, a girlfriend, friends and going to school, with Evan. They'd walk to school together, they'd have lunch together, they would just be friends in a totally normal setting.

"...If you were born into a normal family, we wouldn't be friends right now. We wouldn't know one another, not really. Everything happens for a reason, that's what my Mom says. I... know you've had it tough, Cal, but things will get better, y'know? You ain't a bad guy. You'll be 18 soon and you can make a life for yourself, and I'm... always gonna be your friend. You can't get rid of me, not now," he teased, leaning in to playfully nudge him, trying to take him out from that distant hole he'd suddenly fallen into. This wasn't how he wanted to end the night, discussing the bad elements of Callum's life. Tonight had been far too fun and carefree to allow it to enter this dark space.

"Seriously, don't think like that. I think you're great and your experience mould you and... god, I sound soppy, but it is true. You'll be fine, dude. You're mature and smart and you'll turn out great, I know it, so... so don't think you'll not achieve anything just 'cos you had a bad start to life, yeah?"

The boy glanced at him, out of his trance. Smiling at him, he nodded."I guess you're right. I'll be eighteen in just three years. Then I'm out of that orphanage and free to make a life for myself." He smiled, standing up as he crumbled his cheeseburger wrapper. Everything happened for a reason. That was a saying he truly hated because...Why was he raped then? Repeatedly from a young age? Why didn't his parents love him? What reason could that have been? He only agreed with Evan to keep him happy. He felt he had a duty to keep him happy. While the other was a year older, he felt he had to protect Evan. Protect him from the harsh reality of the world.

"Come on. Let's get goin' back. We can hang some other time hmm?" He asked, nudging his new, and basically only friend. He didn't hang with a lot of people. The people he usually picked as friends tended to be bad people, and he was trying to get his life on track.

"Tonight was really fun though, Cal. We should do this again and... and hey, maybe next time I could sing? I ain't the best singer, but... hey, it's about giving new things a go, right? Not that I'd try cigarettes or... or strong alcohol, but that's different," he murmured after a moment once realising the own hypocrisy in his words. He was up for trying anything, yet had turned down the chance to try smoking - but he felt like that was different somehow.

"Anyway, tomorrow I'm hanging out at my friend's place so I won't be able to come with my Mom, but the day after that I'm probably free."