Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, there we go. Well, we'll just pester a Squee to make certain you get your updates on time.

No problem. Now that I know everyone is ready and posting, I will definitely be checking more often. No need to pester Squee. : p

But yeah, as for understanding about school, I'm graduating college in 2 months, and going into graduate school, so I've got a lot on my plate. Lol. I appreciate the leniency this one time.

Don't worry, I have my moments of leniency just as I have moments of ultimate hard-ass-ness. Just ask my boyfriend. But congratulations ont he college and grad school. Going for masters or straight to doctorate?

i thik teh less we ask your boyfriend about teh state of your ass, be it hard or soft, the happier we will all be gavin. lol

Going from Bachelor's in Psych to Master's in Mental Health Counseling. : D

Sounds awesome. I'm working on a psych degree myself.

This is applicable

I'm actually thinking of going to study for a psych degree as well lawl

also, is it just me or is Orin taking those goblins hilariously seriously? He's talking like we're gonna walk into some camp of cannibalistic little nightmare demons. To me it always seemed like the mission made them out to be more mischievous and annoying than outright dangerous and bloodthirsty.

Ya know... I really don't know. Perhaps it cuz I was half-asleep, perhaps it was because I was just being stupid, perhaps it was because in most d&d games that I've played in, this DM likes to make goblins a lot worse than they are... I really have no idea!! ^_^

well, it doesn;t help that in fantasy goblins can be anything from this
9eb1c86bd1230ec5ad8190c26c681ee3.jpg

to this
goblin-king.jpg

depending on what the author WANTS them to be.

so i guess the best we can do is ask Gavin himself what HE envisions goblins as in the world of eureka, because clearly i was thinking of the more funny harry potter-styled critters, while you were leaning more toward their LotR depictions.

I find them scary now... Our group was litterally surrounded by goblins and we were about to be completely killed. Good thing I had Firestorm... Ah... Fire. Oh, how I loveth thee...

I'm a bigger fan of lightning myself. more destructive but more precise, easier to control if you know what you're doing.

Indeed. I prefer a healthy mix of the two, but, lately, I've only been able to use fire :( (I can use it, but it's a miracle and I'm all like 'AW, HEYL NAW'). But yes... Lightning... Brings back memories from the Tales series games. Indignation = death to all.

lol, i'v enever played D&D myself, though i would love to. I've always wanted to play an actual oldschool tabletop rpg game

Too often do people write the powers of sound too poorly. My Sonokinetic character will beat you both!

funy, i actually have an ichokinetic (the proper term for sound controling characters) in another RP of mine.

I wouldn't call Mystro a "sound controller"...His powers are...different. Most people often forget what sound actually is, which is vibration, so if one can create sound, one can vibrate essentially anything.

not... exactly...

the thing is you can't actually control sound itself, not if you're implying any form of realistic means. 'sound' doesn't even really exist. like you said it's all just vibrations (the majority of them through the air) and we just so happen to have evolved organs that can capture those vibrations and encode them as electronic pulses and signals that our brain then decodes as situational information which we then have grown to lable as 'sound'. sound itself though is shapeless and formless, it doesn't exist as a standalone entity or even within a contained medium (unlike light with its photons, or gravity and its gravitrons). So you can't really 'create' sound, you can only 'produce' sound by manipulating is medium.

it's less "if one can create sound one can vibrate pretty much anything" and more like "one needs to be able to vibrate other objects if one wants to create the illusion of sound manipulation".

Same concept, I just phrased it poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.