Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
woud have gotten a post in today but the ice storm's knocked out the power in my nieghborhood. at hotel room now

aaand if ever there is a time skip, i just found the perfect picture for an older marco

Cool_Scientist_105589_900x700theAnimeGallerycom.jpg

Reactions: Silvir
I've used that picture for a steam punk character of my own before, actually.

FINALLY DONE WITH SARRUS!! take him lol I hope this is way better, i felt I could have added more but....by then i would just be making a story XD so yeah i wrapped it up in certain key points instead.

he will be posted when approved.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol holly shit, kind fo had forgotten about this guy, but that's a pretty damn lengthly history. I will be sure to give my review of him after posting tomorrow ^_^

thanks I took it off here first so it could get approved i should be able to repost it soon lol just making sure i don't have to change something again!

it would probably be a good idea to put that history in a spoiler button though, just to keep the OOC clutter free ^_^

i tried! i couldn't get it to work..I'm pretty sure i was doing it wrong...lol

I completely forgot, since I have a teacher, I'd like to know who all will be taking the armed combat class, since that's what Arukab teaches. That way I can get an idea ahead of time.

[ spoiler ] history [/ spoiler ]

without spaces

You're fine @Sevvus Go ahead and post it so I can link it.

As for you @Squee That's up to the fine people you're playing with.

I belive you're doing the elementals so it's Buio's.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silvir
Name: Sarrus Sazveratii

Age: Actual age: 2000 years old (young for his race) = looks equivalent to 20- 25 in human years
Race: Core Demon: Close cousins to the Dragon Demons, The Core demons have a difference that stems into their very being. Each individual of this race has a "Core Crystal" that's embedded into their chest, right above the heart. It comes in many different shapes, sizes and colors, but it is guaranteed to always be there since they are born with it. This crystal is their life force, their soul, their power, their very essence. If it is destroyed they will die, If it is only broken, but everything is there it can be fixed. Same goes to if it is only cracked. If broken or cracked, it will drain them of energy, and they will be weakened until the damage is fixed.

Depending on the severity they can be put into a "healing sleep" that puts a protective barrier around the body, and puts them into a self-induced coma. If it is taken out of them; but still whole, they can take over the body of who is in its possession, and make it their own. If they are weak, the takeover is as easy as changing your clothes. However if the person is stronger than them, they have to wait until the possessor of their stone has used their power enough to be tainted by their "Core" once that has happened, they are able to integrate themselves into the host until it can be transformed into their own body again.

Though their "Core" is their power it is not elemental based, Core Demons may not get elements to fight but they have energy all on their own. They like to call it "Hystaria" not to be confused with hysteria. This is what they call their brand of magic, it gives them a single specific ability to master which could range from anything. They have noticed certain patterns with the colors of their "Core Crystals" but have yet to fully understand the connections.

Throughout their life, three more stones shall appear on their bodies at certain points in their life, they are not "Cores" though they are directly under the "Core" but instead they are called "Sepa-Spheres". They are circular crystals or "Spheres" that can be detached ("Sepa") Separated) from the body to be used for their purpose. One of these spheres will appear when they have found and decided upon their mate. (Matta-Sphere)They will then give that Sphere to their intended, and it will attach to them to show their claim, and to give their mate an added lifespan that will last as long as they are alive. It's like a shared lifespan except when one dies, the other can choose death or live out the rest of their original lifespan until they die or find another mate. This race in particular, though they have severely long lifespans, only believe in being with one mate for life, and they often choose death when their mate is killed.

Though this is fact, they can mate with any other race, so it's been known for their other to move on. The second stone gives them the ability to change into their "Dragon Form" (Shiffa-Sphere) if the grip the stone in hand and call out their "Dragon's" name. Unlike normal Dragon Demons, Cores can't automatically do so, they first need to gain enough power and experience before the Stone appears, and once it does, they must fight their other half and defeat it, to have control of its power.

After the tasks are complete the stone will turn the color their "Dragon" represents and from then on can be used freely. The Third and last stone, will appear when they are on the brink of death for the first time. It will heal all their wounds and then leave behind an egg. (Falia-Sphere) They must protect and carry around the egg until it decides to hatch. If something should happen to it beforehand they will lose the opportunity to have that third crystal. It can be stolen, broken, or even eaten, but the main thing is you must have it when it hatches or the stone will disappear forever. Inside the egg, (that will go through many different stages while in their possession, from size, color, pattern, and even shape.) will be a familiar made specifically for them, it will be their greatest companion, asset and friend. Once it accepts their companion it will transfer its energy into the Sphere, and the sphere will then glow a color that represents that familiar.

Calling upon their familiar for the first time gives them a unique weapon they can summon from their third crystal like they can summon their familiar. (It's optional for them to call their familiar back into their Sepa-Spheres, most like to let them roam whenever possible.) Losing a familiar, (especially one with a strong enough bond to understand each other.) is like losing a piece their soul. Should it die, it will severely weaken them, though they may regain their strength by years of retraining, it will never be the same and they will always feel that broken connection.

Class: Psychic Demonic Twin Blade

Title: Student

Sect Study: Ultris: Blue

Appearance: Taller than most, he stands at 8ft 5" with a tail about 1 foot longer. He has a muscular build, lean but lightly bulky with skin as dark as midnight. His hair is on the opposite spectrum, being a shining silver blue; His thick messy locks cut in an A-line, frame his face nicely. Two sets of thick black curved horns spiral backwards from his head. The second pair of horns is smaller, and centered directly underneath the first set. His eyes blaze a bright golden yellow; with slit black pupils with a silver ring along the edge, the distinction of his eyes as they ley upon black sclera, makes it seem like they pierce your very soul. Next; were large black scales the protruded off his shoulders, tail, and smaller ones going down his forehead, following down until they met the tip of his nose.

Lastly was a feature that his entire race had, however not one was ever the same. Along his body were deep purple swirls of intricate design that eventually stemmed to his heart. There lay a rounded amethyst crystal stone that shone brightly with a warm glow. Only some of the markings could be seen since he was covered in a tightly fitted, dragon scaled, black armor that covered his chest, legs, and tail. The strongest point of the armor was the point where it covered the stone.

Personality: Cold on the outside, caring on the inside.

He's a very tactical and analytical person, always thinking things through before he does them. He hasn't had anyone to open up to so he's not very talkative, but every action he does has meaning behind it. Growing up with his race made him develop a mask of sorts. On the outside he seems to be cold and unreachable, but inside he will care, and will show you through the actions he does for you. He's one of the kindest people you will ever meet, though most who encounter him tend to be afraid of him at first site, since he has a very intimidating look about him.

Though he won't show too much expression until he completely trusts you; if you learn to read him, the signs he always gives you are clearly painted on his face, whether it's a twitch of his brow, or crinkling of his eyes, or even possibly just tensing of the shoulders. Even if you don't see them at first, they're in there. It explains more when you sum him up in single words. He can be… Caring, Soft, Kind, Sweet, Smart, Sarcastic, funny, Slightly Childish at Times, Giving, Cuddly, Protective, Fierce, Ruthless When Needed, Strong, Brave(though he has a fear of the ocean/dark deep waters.), Deadly. He can be all these things and more, but you'll only find out when he trusts you enough to show you.

Weapon(s): Two double-sided blades that he can summon, Small Dagger, Bow/Quiver full of arrows, Tail, and His Familiar. (Does not have his Matta/Shiffa-Spheres.)

Abilities/Magic: Core Demon Hystaria, Psychic Abilities ("Core" Ability), Skilled with His Summon Blades, Decent Archery Skills, summoning, Dragon form.

Hystaria: The ability to manipulate a mater closely resembling gravity. Using it gives the user the ability to stick others to walls, crush them with enough force to the point of immobility, or create a dense ball of energy. it's looks like an inky ball of black with sparks of the individuals "Core" color.

Core Abilities: (If used too much (more than 12 hours or excessive use) becomes exhausted for around 6 hours before recharge.)

Aura reading: Perception of energy fields surrounding people, places and things. (Basic/Mastered)

Divination: Gaining insight into a situation, most commonly through a ritual. (Basic/Mastered)

Psychokinesis or telekinesis: The ability to manipulate objects by the power of thought. (Basic/Mastered)

Enhanced Strength: Automatically augment's user's strength once achieved. (Basic/Mastered)

(Basic/Mastered)

Object Manipulation: to alter an object's inner workings, e.g. unlocking a door. (Basic/Mastered)

Bilocation or multilocation: Being in multiple places at the same time. (Advanced/Mastered)
Telepathy: Transfer of thoughts or emotions in either direction. (Advanced/Mastered)

Transvection: Bodily levitation and flying. (Advanced/Mastered)

Empathy: The ability to read the thoughts of animals and nature. (Master/Mastered to a degree can't understand all animals yet.)

Force Fields: to condense the air around oneself in order to make protective shields, e.g. deflecting bullets. (Can hold for only 10 minutes before he's exhausted)

Illusion Manipulation: The ability to manipulate what others perceive is real or not. (Can hold for only 10 minutes before he's exhausted)

Stasis Field: to slow an object's molecules to the point that it stops all motion. (Can only hold for 1-5 seconds, did it on accident the first time.)

History:
When he was born, his parents were proud. They had a son, and the healers said he had the potential to be great, and powerful. If it was one thing Core Demons loved, it was the knowledge of birthing a strong offspring to continue their line. His mother doted on him as he was growing up and his father a reserved affection. He was happy, and he loved his parents with all his heart, which his parents noticed.

Now, you may think that's normal, but for a core demon, it's more common for the child to glare, feel detached, be rebellious, try to challenge their parents authority to be the "Top dog" as you would say, or just give them looks of reluctant acceptance knowing they only had to deal with it till they became of "Adult" age.

Sarrus wasn't like that at all, he enveloped the attention of his parents with open arms, always followed orders, never lifted a figure out of line, always tried to impress his parents, or tell them that they meant everything to him. They thought it was odd, but assumed he would grow out of it, or was simply taking a different strategy to appease them and their coddling.

They left it to the back of their minds for the most part, only being surprised every once in a while if the child said, he loved them, helped injured animals he would find around the forest when they allowed him to explore around their house. It was away from the citadel, but its close enough to get there when they needed to. No one would be able to find their house unless they've been there before. His parents found themselves appreciating this fact more and more as time went on, not wanting anyone else to break the delusion their son was only a little odd.

They realized with no small amount of disappointment, that their son, for all his ability and future strengths, was too gentle. They wanted him to grow out of this phase quickly, but would soon realize that would never be.

At the tender age of 500 years old was when the reality of it really hit home for his parents. That year was when a war broke out. It as between their kingdom, and the one in the east, all the cities and towns that resided on either side were viciously attacked without mercy. There were raids, fires, randomized attacks, murders, rapes, kidnappings and even tortures.

To think all this happened because one of the Kings insulted the others taste in decor. You probably can't imagine how much can get done in a place that takes defense at such a small thing one moment, and starts a war the next, but somehow they manage. It's usually their mate's that keep them and their egos in check, not wanting to lose their other half anytime in the near future.

Sarrus's father was part of the kingdoms military. So Like the good mate his mother was, she decided both he and his mother needed to help his father with the fighting. It was at this point they realized he wouldn't grow out of peaceful nature in time, nor was he reluctantly accepting their lavishing him with attention. When they got to the other kingdom, Sarrus was terrified but determined. Then his father had asked him proudly how excited he was to be able to make his first kill at such an early age, when Sarrus replied that he didn't want to kill anyone but help them, it was plain to see it was not the answer his father or mother was looking for. He managed to keep himself alive during their rime there before they took him home. He was in shock with how much blood and death he was made witness too.

His parents explained he needed to get used to it, because this was how their world worked, being a secluded little boy made it hard to accept that what he thought was a peaceful life was full of fighting like that all the time. He had nightmares for a few months; it didn't help his parents left him alone during the raids to go fight. Knowing he would be useless. They would return covered in blood and laughing about the looks on other's faces as they died. He eventually got used to it, but he was determined to not join in the fighting.

The war only lasted 5 years. That was a very short time for a race that can hold a grudge for a good few hundred years at the least. It was thanks to a piece offering to both kingdoms that times were peaceful once more. Well it would have been for Sarrus, if his father hadn't gotten fed up with his soft personality. After the war, his father decided he needed to learn how to use weapons, needed to be able to hunt and kill like a normal child of their race would love to do. His father thought that maybe starting low and killing animals would break the softness that had a hold on his son, and bring out the ruthlessness that was in all of them.

His father drilled him for years. With all the strictness he used to teach his subordinates, he never when easy, teaching him survival skills, basic self-defense combat that he would later need to build on when came into his powers, taught him how to use a dagger, and his weapon field of choice, which was archery.

However his son showed little interest in the archery field, taking more interest in the dagger then the bow. His farther decided he should try learning swordsmanship. Sarrus was taken to a weapon shop where he had to look around the store until something caught his eye. That was the day he got his first double ended sword, it was simple in design, and small enough for him to use, and when his father finally began to teach him in the art, he exceled brilliantly. His father's hopes for a fierce and strong offspring were renewed, thinking he just needs the right outlet he began to train his son into the ground.

96 years passed before his powers finally manifested for the first time, His father had been sparring with him. It was common knowledge to him at this point of his father's views on getting hit. "If you get hit you deserve it, you're still too weak if you can't even block" his father would say to him every time he got an injury in their not so friendly "spars", whether it be small or severe it didn't matter. It was still weakness.

His power appeared when he missed an attack on his father because of a feint, still being slower from lack of experience; he accidently left his torso open. He was about to be impaled on his father's sword before something in him snapped, the sword was thrust out of his father's hands and stuck into a tree. They both were chocked for a moment, before his dad smirked and told him congratulations. By now he knew not to show it on his face, but it didn't stop Sarrus from being ecstatic at his father's praise.

They finished his weapons training that year. He was now 601 years old, and that age, marked one of the most long and grueling parts of his life. His father had upped the ante with his training, becoming one of the most ruthless and heartless men he had ever known. He kept telling himself it was because his father loved him and wanted him to be strong, to protect himself and survive their worlds… but some days he wasn't so sure.

99 years was spent testing his limit, surpassing said limit and figuring out how it could best be used. Unlike most children that manifest their power, who find all that they can do at their limits and learn a little in each, before going to the next stage.

Sarrus was forced to master each and, every ability he had found, only working on one until he got to the point of it being second nature. After that has been done, then he was allowed to move on and learn another. He mastered three out of the six basic skills he could learn. It may seem like a long time to only learn three, but usually it takes years of one's life and experience they have all the time in the world to master them, so it was quite an accomplishment to get to the level he was at with them. Although when your father doesn't seem to mind if you die during training, it's quite the motivator to keep going.

IT was around his 700 birthday Sarrus started noticing his parents seemed to be drifting away. Before where he was showered with love and affection for his mother, was now small smiles and pats on the head and leaving him to his own devices. Things that used to me small rituals between them started to slowly trickle away till they no longer happened. She stopped reading to him about his family line and what they accomplished, stopped making sure he came in for dinner, or that he was patched up after spars.

His father was harder to notice at first, always being strict and reserved. Then Sarrus realized the personality he was used to for training never left his father any more, he continued to act like a commanding officer to him even when it was time to go home and relax. Where the used to sit in the study and make small talk, or create battle plains together. Though Sarrus still didn't like the idea of fighting someone to the death, not counting his training, he still enjoyed the time strategizing with his father. He also stopped giving him little compliments here and there. When they started training for the first time he would occasionally through in a gruff compliment in to be encouraging, or to let him know he did well. Now it was grunts and glares.

He decided to see if he could figure out the cause by looking in their library, he found a book titled "Familial Behavior and Stages of Life with Your Offspring." It offered a lot of information to first time parents, and some things he probably didn't want to know till later, but it also answered his question. Finding out your parents stop loving you after 800 years, is pretty traumatizing for someone like Sarrus.

From then on he continued to worry about losing their love, trying to keep a hold of it any way possible. Scheduling outings with his mother; helping her around the house, whenever he wasn't sparing with his father, training harder than ever without complaint to show his father he appreciated the training. He wanted to make them proud, and he wanted them to love him, but as he spent nights lying awake in bed from nightmares, he subconsciously knew it was already too late. There was nothing he could do.

Age 800 came and went; his fears came true than he would have liked, as his parents told him to find his own place when he was still 798 years old. Back then, and now he refused to leave completely, afraid something would happen to his family and he couldn't be around to help. Instead he decided taking residence in the forest of his old home was a better idea, making a small house and a small garden to keep him from the cold.

He likes to think, his parents still loved him deep down, and that's why they never chased him off their land, because he knew that they were aware of his presence there. But truthfully, they were just fine that he was out of their immediate vicinity. Though, he wouldn't come to terms with it for some time yet.

He spent another hundred years trying to master his other 3 basic abilities, while stopping by his old house to converse with his parents. They always greeted him with a glare {by his father} and a tight smile {his mother}. Although conversation is stiff it goes well, and they have yet to tell him to stop, so the small little child him that still dares to hope is put further in denial of their "lost" affection. Books and scriptures be damned.

He began to think that maybe his parents were just set in thinking he will turn out like all the other common children, that he will start to hate them, that's why they distanced themselves. It was so they wouldn't be hurt by his juvenile animosity. This conclusion gave him a reason to hold onto, and he was resolute in finding a way to prove he would never change into such a hateful son. From then on he tried to do anything to make himself be accomplished in this world, hoping to impress his parents enough to get them to talk like they used to.

It wasn't until he was 900 years old that he knew what he would do to get the recognition of his father. Another war had broken out, way worse than the first one he was witness too when he was younger, all four kingdoms were at war this time. Someone had assassinated the mate of the Northern king, he blamed all other kingdoms until the culprit was found, and would not rest until they were. It would seem he wasn't ready to die with his mate just yet, revenge being the forefront of his mind he managed to push back his grief and start one of the longest wars their race has ever seen.

No one was safe from the northern king's rage. He sent armies to slaughter people in the dead of night and it was pure terror everywhere you looked. Sarrus's race was prideful to a fault; they didn't even think to ask the other regions if they could help stop the war, even if that meant the expense of their people. He started to think, that maybe they didn't mind. So many of his race loved to slaughter others, when wars happened, it was the only time they could fully let loose without repercussions.

Despite that thought, he made the decision to join the ranks of the military. This war meant his family was in danger until it was over, and he would do everything in his power to protect them. Hopefully when it was over, his parents would realize he wasn't going to give up on them so easily.

This year was the same year other people besides his parents noticed his oddities. It happened when he was sent out for the first time. One of the other recruits, around his age got sliced in the back of the leg, and was about to speared in the face. Sarrus was close enough to stop it, so he did. The look of shock on both the recruit and their attacker was only a little disconcerting. But he quickly disarmed the attacker and blew him across the field. He then turned around to check on the other recruit, asking if they were ok and needed help. Sarrus wasn't sure if they were male or female till they spoke, but even then it was touch and go. They asked why he would leave his post to help someone weaker than him. Sarrus was confused, but answered the boy anyway. "It was the right thing to do" was all he said before helping the other up, supporting his weight and fighting through the rest of the horde till they could get to safety.

The recruit moved to a different section around two days later, during those two days Sarrus checked up on him causing looks of confusion and mistrust to be sent his way, but Sarrus felt drawn to him for some reason and he couldn't place it. It was a little saddening to see the other recruit go. It didn't help that afterwards everyone began to whisper about him.

If the recruit had stayed and they became mates, that would be one thing, but the fact the other man didn't give him the time of day and left this section made it clear he just helped a random person. To him that wasn't a bad thing, but to others, they saw it as a weakness, or oddity, that someone would take the time to help others at all. It didn't stop Sarrus though, he continued to act the way he always was, he would help anyone who needed it.

Sadly he found out later, that by doing what was right to him, caused others to be angry with him. Eventually they started to become a bit physical with him; pushing him around at lunch break, or when they had some free time, even if that was close to none. When it happened, they would jeer at him and shove him about, saying things like "what's next? You're going to start helping the enemy?" or calling him "Defect" or something of the like.

Until one day a few years later, he was the age of 915 and he met what he thought was his first companionship. The man was taller and more muscular than he himself problem ever would be, but it never bothered him. The day they conversed for the first time was a normal one, they had just taken care of some raiders in the south west area that had been attacking homes, before they came back to freshen themselves up and heading back out. So after replacing his chipped armor he was going to head to the meeting room when he was cornered by a few other recruits.

It was a group that constantly bugged him, because they thought he was a disgrace and should "accidently" die so they wouldn't have to put up with his defects any longer. They sure know how to make you all warm and tingly inside right? Sarrus was getting ready for a few blows before a large form toward over the group, causing them to freeze and turn around slowly. He told them to get going, or face the consequences. They glared but complied.

Now, it's not just because he was large and intimidating, but this man happened to be a captain, just one rank higher than a recruit, but you had to do a lot and be quite strong to get the title. The point is though, he can command you around if he wants to, and you must comply. Sarrus's race is a stubborn one, but they do keep to the chain of command quite strongly.

Sarrus quickly thanked the captain for assisting him. He replied with a no problem and told him to refer to him as Zentrice. He then explained how he had been watching how the other recruits have treated him, and how Zentrice was sick of seeing it. From then on he told Sarrus to stick with him and showed him the ropes. It was only a year later when the top general came and upgraded Sarrus to rank of captain.

So at age 916 Sarrus had become a captain. He had told his parents when it happened, he was congratulated by his father but other than that there wasn't much, so Sarrus began to try even harder, perhaps if he made general like his father was he would earn back their affections. And he had Zentrice to thank for how far he has come. Now they go on missions together, and all they have to worry about is each other. Sarrus has got to the point of calling the man his friend, and was told by Zentrice himself that it was mutual. Over time they become a very formidable team, they were a part of the top rated partners in their entire section. It wouldn't be long before they become generals themselves.

As more years began to pass by, Sarrus began to fancy Zentrice, it appeared to be unrequited at first but when Zentrice caught on, he began to show Sarrus small bouts of affection when they were alone. Not everything was as it seemed though, and if Sarrus knew then what he knew now he wouldn't have let it go any further.

What Sarrus was unaware of was that Zentrice was a very horrible person. He only acted like a friend because he realized he could use Sarrus for his own gain. Zentrice could see he was a formidable and powerful opponent, and he wanted that on his side, it wasn't hard to see Sarrus's longing for someone to be close to and Zentrice would be damned if he missed his chance. So the opportune moment arrived and he befriended Sarrus, and when he began to realize the younger one was falling for him it couldn't get much better. He now had a powerful man on his side that would risk his life for him no matter what the cost.

Sarrus would be the key for Zentrice to come out on top. He was going to use Sarrus until he was no longer needed, than simply throw him away. It was a foolproof plan on his part, go on a dangerous mission, "accidently" lose his footing and Sarrus would burst to his rescue. Then he would make sure Sarrus would die. He had to wait till they got to the enemy's leader though; he didn't want any ambushes on the way back to camp. Now all he had to do was thoroughly seduce the other male.

When the time came to go on their last mission, before being up'd to General status, Sarrus was 923 years of age. He at this point was very close to being in love with his partner, He would not let himself fall completely though, he wants to hear Zentrice say he loved him out loud first, since if Sarrus let himself fall in love and it wasn't felt back to the same extent he would die. It was a delicate situation and something in him said not to let it happen, but he didn't understand what could be wrong. Zentrice has done nothing to hurt him, and has always been there, but he couldn't shake the feeling like falling for him wasn't right, like he was meant for someone else. Who else would even try to know him though? He was a defect, as most would say, and his ability to care was one of the biggest turn offs for all his race….but as him and Zentrice started on their last mission he felt like something was going to change. However, Sarrus was unsure if it was a good or bad change.

As they entered their enemies camp Zentrice had stopped him for a moment. Telling him there was something he wanted to say after this was all over and kissed Sarrus roughly before quickly letting go and going to the left to sneak across the camp and start their surprise attack. To say Sarrus couldn't wait to be done with this mission was an understatement. They fought for hours after the initial attack started. There were only two of them, and hundreds of their opponents. They fought towards each other. Going to the middle and killing all in their path. He hated killing but it was necessary, and as he got closer to Zentrice was determined to kill everyone around them, he had something he was fighting for, and it was right in front of him.

They had managed to get it down to about five now and they were back to back. They separated quickly to finish off the last of them, Their were screams in the air in seconds, but what made Sarrus's heart turn cold, was that one of the screams sounded like his Zentrice.

He turned around to find Zentrice on the ground clutching his side. He ran to his friend getting in front of the downed body and ready to fight the leader with everything he had. The battle didn't take long; his anger fueled him on, making it pretty easy to dispatch the leader who by the looks of it wasn't used to his position as general yet.

The General went down, obviously not as experienced as he should have, since it should have been harder to take him down, even with Sarrus being as angry as he was. He quickly turned and went back down to his friend asking if he was alright and where it hurt besides his side. Sarrus was going to move Zentrice hand but decided to get out the medical wraps from his back first. While his attention was elsewhere, that's when Zentrice stuck. He had been clutching his dagger in his other hand and quickly thrust it towards his "partner" Sarrus sensed something coming towards him and dodged, being to close to get away fully it still managed to slice his side with a long but thankfully shallow cut.

Sarrus quickly looked around but only found Zentrice, He became shocked and his heart started to constrict in realization. Zentrice just tried to kill him. He got up completely uninjured and tsk'ed at Sarrus. Going on about how he should have just made this easy on both of them and died quicker. Sarrus couldn't believe what he was hearing, all he could ask was why and that's when Zentrice explained his scheme. He replaced his dagger with a sword now, it was silent for a while before Zentrice shot forward ready to impale him as soon as he got the chance.

It was a long fight; both were exhausted, and knew so much about each other it was easy to predict the others move. It came down to one last blow. Silver blood splattered across Sarrus's face, but he didn't feel any pain. He opened his eyes, having not noticed he had even closed them, and stared in shock. He had impaled Zentrice in the heart. Zentrice had accidently missed him by an inch aiming to far to his left side, in the end his sword just passed harmlessly under Sarrus's arm.

His body fell, and Sarrus fell to his knees. Sarrus watched him in a morbid sort of captivation, as Zentrice coughed up blood and gasped for air, feeling numb and unsure what to do. Zentrice turned his head and said in the most hatful and clear voice he could muster "Why couldn't you just die you little freak." It was then breathing became too much of a chore for the man and he died.

Just like that, Sarrus thought there should be more to it, but he was just gone, no longer breathing. He didn't understand how he could have been so foolish to get close to the man; of course it was too good to be true! He was defective and he could only hope for his parents to love him, but even then…the childish voice that's always been so far in denial, is now unsure that's even true.

It's only been a year, and he already had to deal with something he wasn't ready for, he was still very much hurting about losing his partner the way he did, wishing he could have just plain lost him to death, not betrayal. That's how it was though, and now he was being told to do something he just wouldn't do.

He was a general now, had been since he returned from his mission a year ago. They simply said it was too bad his partner died, since they had been such a good team, but he would do well solo now as a general. See there is two kinds of general, once who get promoted for their tactile skills and become leaders to groups and then there are those like him, who get promoted by their strength and skill and work on more dangerous mission by themselves or with a partner, which 99% of the time is mates.

Seeing as he was alone, and the person he would have been partnered with is dead, he is a solo act. No one ever told him he would have to be an assassin as well though, yes the typical go kill this person assassin sure, but not go kill an innocent family to get to one of your enemies kind of assassination.

He had refused, and it didn't do him good for his reputation, and even if that stung a little since he was sure his father would hear of it. He would not kill an innocent person. Another thing people found to jeer at him for. Through the years they kept asking him to do such mission and it was getting quite bad when he refused. Eventually he managed to talk them into a compromise, He would kidnap them and hold them for ransom, but would not kill them, they added that he must take two other people with him so if the ransom was not met their person would still die. He grudgingly agreed, and told them if that happened he would leave and come straight back to base, for he knew if he stayed he would have not let them die.

It was the best option he had, and it worked for the most part. Until a few months after he turned 950. They had gotten sick of him not doing everything he was told so, instead of outright saying the people didn't do anything or "innocent" as Sarrus called them. They told him there was a group after his mother and father. He was instantly mad and said he would take care of them. But he wanted to know what they were after and why. He wasn't going to be rash just because he was about to be thoroughly pissed off, his father taught him better than that. They showed him a picture in response; it was of a family they looked happy in the picture, a mother father and two twins by the looks of it. His leader explained that this family; despite their looks, were one of the northern kingdoms top assassination team, it even included the children. Which was really hard for him to believe, but he continued to listen.

They told him that his father and mother managed to find out some information that could help in the war and that because of this the north is targeting them. They think his parents are actually hiding the information and don't want the northern king to find out who killed his lover. Sarrus didn't really understand how the north would think that, but he should take the fact the king is basically insane with his grief that it's plausible.

In the end even as he got a few doubts during the explanation, he took the mission. He snuck into their house in the middle of the night and easily killed the father, who was alone in the living room. He stalked through the house till he found the rest of the family in their study. He quickly killed the children, not wanting them suffer even if they were some crazed small killers. He turned and went after their screaming mother. Sword sliding out of her chest as she hit the ground, the only thing she could do before her death was ask why. He felt horrible, even if his family was in danger, he couldn't stand that he just killed a family, killed children. All he could think of is what if the roles were reversed.

He got back to base, and met his father who was heading home for the night. He told him about his mission and was wondering if he needed help acting on the information his father had gathered. His father had no idea what he was talking about, saying he had any big mission in a while, since there were a lot of raids going on in the west.

Sarrus ran then, he realized he had been tricked a second time. But this one felt even worse than the betrayal of his friend. He had killed a family, a completely innocent family. He killed children!! He quickly wrote a letter announcing his mission was done, and gave it to a passing recruit ordering him to hand it to the leader. He then left the base and went home as quickly as he could. He couldn't' stand to be at the base at the moment, he couldn't stand to look at his hands, covered in silver blood splatters, or his sword that had the same blood dripping off the end.

That night as he lay in bed, he didn't get a peaceful sleep; it was filled with horror and images of the family's death, the final words of the mother as she breathed her very last breaths. After that day, his dreams became a sea full of nightmares that even his betrayal from Zentrice couldn't top. The difference was the guilt. He did not feel guilty of killing his ex-friend, just extremely hurt and ignorant not to have noticed. This, this was so much more horrible than anything he could have ever done.

He would never forgive himself.

Again more years passed, but through those years he continued to carry the guilt of the family he had killed. He was now 970 years old, or at least he has been for a few months now. He was actually on a mission with a decent sized group of recruits and another general, who was the leader in this mission. The mission was to stop all the opposition from attacking the main central part of the kingdoms biggest city. It shouldn't be too hard, but there would be casualties of civilians.

The battle had lasted around four days. Civilians had run on the first day, some hiding others running as far as their legs would take them, others…didn't make it. Sarrus was tired, but it was their job to look one last time to make sure no enemies got away. During his search he found an ally, which he could hear whimpering coming from the back. He stopped his search then, he decided to make sure it wasn't someone who needed help. Sadly it was.

In the ally was a little boy, the dark skin of their race hid him in the shadows well, he was covered in scratches and a few bruises. The worst wound was on his arm, I long gash that went from his elbow to his wrist, it was bleeding profusely and if something wasn't done the child would die. Sarrus, as gently as he could, quickly picked up the child, racing back to their temporary camp and into his tent. He laid the boy down, and started treating the wound. After he finished wrapping it up and cleaning all the other wounds he sat by the child's side.

The child woke in the middle of the night, Sarrus having left a few times earlier to give his mission report and get essentials had managed to be there for when the kid awoke. The child messy ink black hair covered his head in a birds next like way, his bright green and blue eyes were filled with caution as he took in his surroundings. Sarrus asked if he was hungry or needed anything. He had nodded towards the food, so Sarrus gave him some, as well as water. Sarrus filled the child in, and told him about how he had fixed him up. The child gave a smile that reminded him of himself when he was younger. It was filled with actual pure gratefulness, unlike how most would be even as child.

Maybe, Sarrus wasn't the only one who felt differently towards others? Could this child be like him? He was determined to help this kid, if he did turn out like Sarrus, at least he could be there for the child. Sarrus smiled inwardly shocked since he hasn't done so in such a long time. He tucked the child in, and told him to get some sleep because they would head out the next day, and he was welcome to stay with him if the child wanted. The kid started to cry, which apparently besides Sarrus is very unheard of, the child said he would love to live with him. He explained how he was an orphan, and that his parents had died in the last raid before this one. Sarrus patted the child's hand in comfort and told him to get some rest.

The next day was probably the worst one to date for Sarrus. After helping the child (which he discovered was named Teruuna) with getting dressed in some smaller clothes Sarrus had found the other day when he looked for the rest of the essentials, they stepped outside the tent. Everything was packed back in his satchel and all he had to do was disassemble the tent and head home.

If only he knew how the other general would act, he would have left earlier when everyone was still asleep. Everyone was outside when he came out of the tent. They stared in shock at the child that stood next to him. Teruuna came closer in fear as he saw General Cerca come stopping over with an angry look upon his face. Sarrus turned around quickly feeling the dangerous situation starting. He stood in front of Teruuna, protecting him for others view and stood to his full height. Cerca yelled at him to get rid of the child, and for being idiotic enough to pick of a stray saying he could be a spy from the north. Sarrus protested saying he was just a child, and the other general reacted by grabbing Teruuna roughly out from behind him. Sarrus was too surprised by the action to act in time as a shield.

Cerca put a sword to the child neck and told Sarrus if he couldn't take care of a potential spy, then he wasn't deserving of his title. It was like time froze as Sarrus met Teruuna's scared tearful green and blue eyes. In their depths was prominent fear; but there was also acceptance, acceptance he was about to die, and reassurance, reassurance that he did not blame Sarrus for what was about to happen. It was just how their world worked.

Time unfroze, and the child was killed in front of him. Sarrus heard a scream; it took a moment to realize it was him screaming. He was devastated, and angry, and everything in between. Another person he wanted to protect is dead because of him.

He doesn't remember punching the other general; he does remember getting suspended for a while however. Something his dad was openly disappointed in him about.

Sarrus was off his suspension a month later, than for the next 30 years they put him on as many assassination mission he could be put on, in order to e=teach him a lesson for hitting another officer that was protecting their kingdom. He was not allowed to refuse, or he would be kicked out of the one place he could make his parents proud.

It was during this time, he started to change, Hardened himself on the outside, so no one could say he was different, so no one could see how much pain doing his missions caused him. Sarrus stopped talking to others, stopped trying to help everyone around him because he finally realized, that as long as he is on this planet, no one wanted his help, or wanted him. The only thing he had left to hope for was gaining the love of his parents. Even though now his hope was starting to dwindle to nothing.

It's been years and it seems as he's gotten nowhere with his parents, everything he's done, is doing, seems to be for naught, but he was too afraid to give up. If he gives up, then…why is he here? What's the point of continuing on? Sarrus didn't know and was too afraid there would be nothing to give up the last strand of hope he had that his parents really loved him. Even if he is starting to think he's foolish himself.

He'd finally hit 1000 years old a while ago, it felt strange to him. He honestly felt so much older, with everything he's done, seen and been through…how is he only 1000 years old? Sarrus woke up screaming again, hearing the mother's screams, flashes of blood, seeing Teruuna's eyes full of fear, everything stayed in the back of Sarrus's mind as he woke up. It was routine by now, he always did this, but today is different. Today was the day Teruuna was killed, and he honestly doesn't feel like he can handle it any longer. If Sarrus were to think clearly, it was a dumb idea from the start, but he felt so small, and he wanted his mother's comfort like he used to have when he was younger.

He had found himself at his old family home before he knew it. He knocked on the door and his mother was the one to answer. She stepped aside allowing him in but said nothing till they sat down. She asked what he wanted, that he should say it quickly because she needed to start chores around the house before it got too late. Sarrus took a quick glance outside to realize it's been a few hours since he woke up, he must have spaced out longer than he thought. It didn't matter though, because now, looking at his mother he couldn't stop remember how she used to be, her warm smile and love she gave him. How safe he felt when he was home was overwhelming, and before he knew it he began crying and telling her everything that's been on his mind, finally ending with a unsure question he's been afraid to ask since he turned 800 years old.

"Mother, do you still love me?"

To say the woman was shocked when he had started to cry was not giving enough credit to the situation, she was completely unprepared for such a thing, slowly though the shock went away, replaced with disgust that such a weak and whiney demon could have ever been related to her. Then he asked if she loved him? Where had he gotten such a ridicules notion? "I could never love such a disgrace such as yourself, you are no son of mine" that was her reply.

It was the last break for Sarrus, he didn't know what to do with himself, everything he worked for meant nothing, everything he did, those entire families he killed….was meaningless.

He was too distraught to see his mother take a sword from another room and return with it out at her side. She and her mate would simply try again, for a better offspring to bring their name places. This one was not worth letting live; it was disgusting how it kept sobbing on the ground like a babe. She would put it out of its misery and relieve her of such a disgrace to her good name. He had finally looked up when she spoke again "The only one I can and will ever love is my mate, you were just a way to keep our line going, I don't know how you became so…defective but rest assured, mother will fix it." She said with a sneer. She quickly raised the sword and struck.

As instinct he moved, but he was still stabbed in the stomach. He stumbled backwards and caught himself on the chair he was sitting on previously. He looked up at her again in shock and slight fear when she began to walk calmly towards him again. She told him to stay still, but he did the exact opposite. He Ran out of the house, clutching he stomach, as it bled out. He ran well past his small house, running deeper and deeper into the forest until he could no longer walk. He fell to the ground, blood still coming out of him in thick rivers that slid of the hole in his stomach.

He lay there, thinking this was it, he was going to die, his eyes began to dull and all he could do was staring as his blood began to pool around him like a shimmering silver puddle. He realized then, he didn't want to die. There had to be a reason he was the way he was and what if…Flashes of Teruuna appeared in his mind. What if there were others like him, scared and alone, with no one to care about them, thinking they were defective. He wanted to help them; he couldn't be the only one could he?

His vision was blackening, and he was feeling numb, yet at the same time he knew he should be panicking. He didn't want to go yet, he found a new purpose!

It didn't matter what he wanted he knew, because everything went black. Or at least it did, until everything became super bright white. He gasped as he opened his eyes. The life returned full force into his golden orbs and he looked to his chest, where a warm feeling was coming from. His hand reached for it and he moved his clothes aside to see a clear sphere has positioned itself to the right of his core. "Falia-Sphere…" he had muttered to himself. His eyes looked to his wound, to find it gone, but he did see there was something next to him.

Lying next to him was a large oval egg. Its base color was pure white and seemed to be speckled with silver and black spots; it had a strange cerulean blue spine along the back of the egg leading to the top most part of the shell. The blue was protruding out more than anything else, like it would detach from the egg. The last thing he noted was that it gave off a glow and the size was about as big as his head.

Sarrus carefully moved forward, still sore, but gently taking the egg into both his hands and hugging it to his chest. He would protect this egg with his entire being. He knew it was special and he loved it already. This will be his first, but hopefully not only, true friend that no one would ever take from him.

It took around a year of care, and his egg change plenty of times, its finally form was basically the same as it's first, but the blue eventually did come off the egg, but not in the way one would think. The cerulean blue turned into to long silk like matter that looked similar to ribbons that wrapped around the egg protectively. Also two black skinny horns peeked out the top of the egg, and the black speckles gained a scale like texture.

Not much difference but it was quite the strange little egg. Well maybe not little. It was that day when he was 1001 that his egg hatched. Apparently they would be sharing a birthday he had thought as he watched something he bigger than he assumed come out of his egg.

A Beautiful almost pure white bird emerged out of the egg. From the looks of it, it was a baby, for it was sure to have room to grow, but even then it was bigger than the egg it came out of. Its white feathers adorned its entire body, small black, silver and cerulean blue speckles looked to be spattered down hits head all the way down the front of its neck, the blue showing up in tips of the feathers and most amazingly its eyes.

The eyes glowed fiercely with pure color; outlined with black plumage, no pupils could be seen in its beautiful orbs. But what was most unique about the bird, were the black skinny horns protruding from its head. They had ribs all the way up their length, and had a sharp tip at the top. Then last but not least the blue ribbon like appendages came out right under the horns. Each one split into two, the longest strands extending far out towards the back of its body with two smaller ones framing it face.

It was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. Sarrus could tell it was a boy, it was a feeling he just couldn't place, but he knew it to be true. The horned phoenix came over slowly, touching the clear stone that represented the Falia-sphere. It glowed for a minute before settling into a bright cerulean blue with a black ring around the outside.

"Welcome to the world, Feyorei"

It was from that day on, that Sarrus, and his familiar where completely inseparable. It was also the day he started his journey to search for any others like him. Now that Sarrus didn't have to worry about his egg, he could take off. He made it a point to help innocent people, no matter what side they were on, and continued to train his skills and powers as he went. It was during his journey he started hearing rumors of a place off his world, that had a school to teach you how to control your powers, and they gave you mission of all sorts.

Through the years he starts to hear even more rumors. The rumors continued to tell some amazing things about the school, and he admits he has become quite curious about it. But he has not given up on finding someone like him just yet; he has only traveled through two kingdoms, and has two others to go.

Sarrus is now 2000 years old, and he finally after searching his entire planet gives up on finding someone who is like him. He's just too odd for his planet, but he at least still has his familiar. Sarrus doesn't believe he would have gotten half as far without him. Now though the only thing he could think of doing is seeing about that school.

It took him a few weeks, but he finally found a place that could get him a ride to the nearest space station. What that meant for him is he found a demon that could teleport him to the planet that could get him on a shuttle that can get him to the school. Yes there planet may not be advanced in such a way, but that's what we had magic for. Plus other races had other sorts of powers. Planetary transportation is one of them, even if it's rarer than a three headed child to have such a gift.

So he was off his planet, and the rest was just history.

god, fucking... I can't post tonight guys.

I'm sorry, just...

shit is going down...

Sokay man, I know the feels.

i put up some quick posts so no one would be waiting on me anymore

sorry for the delay

No worries about eh delay! I'm sure we all understand. Life gets in the way for all of us from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.