Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sevvus of course *chuckles*. It's very rare that you'll encounter a GM who will not let his players resubmit a character sheet after they have cleaned it up for errors and the like.

and see, that;s another reason why i believe that the history section is so important. A history section, if done right, is supposed to explain every aspect that you have shown about your character in the CS beforehand. SO, if your character is seen wielding a bunch of weapons that normally you wouldn't expect to see fit together on one person;s arsenal, it will seem odd, until you learn that said character comes from a family of weapon masters and that pretty much his entire childhood was spent training to become the perfect living weapon, but that as a result he had next to no social interaction and is thus socially crippled, incapable of making connections to other human beings on an emotional and psychological level. An explanation like that suddenly makes the fact that this character can wield so many different weapon so proficiently. Oh, and that;s another thing to keep in mind that is very important when creating a character, time resource management. Every skill that your character has at his disposal required time for him to learn, and all the time spent learning the skills he has was time not spent learning other skills. so a character who spent most of his life learning how to fight and use magic would, conversely, usually not have much social skills, or be very much lacking in survival skills that would allow them to live on their own (skills like cooking, managing a budget wisely, doing household cleaning, etc.), or would be bad at studying in school because they are used to learning everything through hands-on experience, etc. Now, some player like to try and 'cheat' this system by creating really old characters ("well, because he's lived so many years, he's had time to become good at everything!") but i can tell you;re not an idiot despite being new to RP so I know i don;t have to worry about that with you. The one piece of advice i can give yo though, and this is something I try to use with my own characters as well, is to keep him as close to 0 as possible. By which i mean, if you look at your character, and examine each and every one of his positive attributes (all of his weapon and magic skill, all of his strengths in school, or social settings, or physical bonuses over normal humans like immunity to poisons or ability to fly or anything like that) as a +1, you should try and give him enough negative attributes (fear of heights, being a racist, not knowing how to live without depending on someone else, being mute, having a strong weakness to sunlight, really, the list goes on forever), which count as -1, so as to bring him back down as close to 0 as possible. this will ensure that you have created a balanced character that, even if he is really powerful, his weaknesses and personal failings still don't make him seem overpowered.

With your character, it;s true that he and his race are very powerful, and now that you have explained in more detail how his race works (something i think you should add into and expand upon in his history section) his seemingly random weapon skills and magic abilities make more sense, though I personally still think he should have something of a more obvious general weakness that could be taken advantage of in battle, such as being very arrogant and too confident in his abilities for example, which would make him likely to fall into traps, or a weakness against a specific type of magic. I know his core crystal is kind of 'hit his weak point for massive damage' thing, but i usually find those a bit too obvious for my likings, simply because if the weakpoint is too weak, it;s almost guaranteed that no one will be able to hit it unless you;re willing to have your character be killed off/removed from the rp for a while (It's like with human characters, where our weak points are clearly our heart and brain, but those are pretty much insta-kills so no one lets you hit them in rp fights). for your guy I think that a good way to bring him back down towards 0 would be to take advantage of his really long life. Time can be a good thing, letting you learn lots of skills and meet many new people, but it can also be a bad thing, letting you see many horrors, and experience incredible pain emotionally, physically, and psychologically. I think a good way to offset your character's very strong '+1's would be to take advantage of his long life to tell a story of how he was constantly betrayed, used, and abused in his life, and as a result he has crippling trust issues that would last throughout the entirety of the roleplay. Or maybe he has seen so much war and slaughter that his mind has become somewhat warped and he believes that the purpose of all life is to end other lives or sth like that. Or maybe he has seen so many people die simply from the fact that their race aren't as long lived or resilient as his own, so he's gotten a nihilistic view on the world and other people, considering it pointless to grow close to anyone since they would all die eventually anyways, and he doesn't want to have to bury anymore loved ones (this would actually explain well why he doesn't have his matta stone yet after 2000 years). Really, anything will work, and it doesn't even have to be one big thing, it could be a bunch of small things that have all piled on over the years, the creative possibilities are nearly endless.

So yeah, I say you shouldn't be afraid to really sit down, look at your character sheet, and think to yourself 'ok, so how do i write a history section that is comprehensive enough to explain how all of these points I've listed up here flow together naturally?' and if that history section ends up being realllyyy long? well, good, he;s been alive for 2000 years, it makes sense that he'd have more than a few stories to tell ^_^ (though, of course, you shouldn't feel forced to put down more than is necessary either). and if you ever worry about writing too much and making your CS take up too much space, just write [ spoiler ] -insert message here [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces in the brackets) and it will hide all that text under a spoiler button and reduce the length of your sheet so as to not clutter up the OOC, like so:

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

CHORUS
Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see (CHORUS)

CHORUSCHORUS
(Ooh give you up)
(Ooh give you up)
(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give
(give you up)
(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give
(give you up)

We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it (TO FRONT)

@Buio
Dang you're amazing! ;D I never thought of looking at a character sheet like that. I do like to give them fears to make them more real, but how do I explain psychological issues without just listing them? Should I just make a list and add that in there?

it's a good thing I was making his past go down a more sad road. I already had ideas of fears and problems I wanted to give him. My problem is mentioning them. For instance his separation issues, well... The best way to explain them is separation issues. Once he cares for someone I.e. his parents. He hates being far away from them in case something should happen to them. He's used to a place where it was easy to see your family one day, go out and play, and then find them dead when you got back. Not saying that happened to him, but he's worried about it a lot, and it makes him lose focus.

Thanks for telling me how to do the spoiler thing, I was curious about that. haha, I kept looking for a secret button or something. XD

@Sevvus

So Sevvy.... I've got a lot to say and not all of it is bad. First, I'm gonna agree with Buio on your weaponry; class-wise, you're a blademaster and having a bow just isn't gonna work out. However, I don't necessarily agree with him on the skillset; most of it appears to be psionic based and so long as we use a power baseline for it, which you seem to have, it's all good. However, Umbraportation doesn't fit with either psionics or with his hysteria so that's gonna have to go.

Also, I've been checking out the history and I realize it's not quite finished but from the looks of it, his skill with a bow would have deteriorated given the long years away from it as a main weapon so I'm reinforcing my decision on that. For the record, I'm fine with the History and the way you're handling it right now. Like Buio says, when it comes to extremely aged characters, the history should reflect that but only so far as necessary. EA's Head Librarian has close to eight centuries under his belt but most of it is irrelevant to his powers and how he came to be. Similarly, there are some characters whose backstory needs to be kept secret for whatever reason. So far so good.

Last, I'mma be super selfish. Being the nosy person that I am, I've a proposition for you. At a story point later on in this RP, I'll be bringing in a certain character of mine who will be, shall we say, NC-17 in spirit. Now if my snooping is accurate, you might be open to some yaoi and I'll be honest, I'm dying for some good yaoi. Care to do a little AU 1x1 and then bring the spirit of that here?

@Sevvus
Personally, I have a character that is well over 2000 years old, he's 2397 to be exact. His name is Virgil Khadistasya. For the most part, Virgil seems nihilistic, knowing anyone he befriends will die, while he cannot. Essentially, Virgil is a regenerater, not to be mistaken for a healer. He has lived through wars, revolutions, periods of slavery, and witnessed the fall of even the greatest civilizations (Rome comes to mind). However, he only appears nihilist, as he has exceeded even that point. He puts on the facade of being a total nihilist, but he follows history in high positions so he can observe everything. In his life time he has seen war, slavery, famine, domination, tyranny, among more unspeakable acts. However, eventually, when those become commonplace to him, he stopped seeing those and started seeing the other end. With every conflict, humans always manage to do acts of complete bravery. He witnessed men giving their lives to protect what was important to them, he has seen people stand up for the better of man kind even with guns pointed at him. Virgil distances himself from people, but at the end of the day, he wants to be close to them. It's a vicious cycle, so he often finds himself getting closer to someone else than he would like to. At one point he even managed to have a daughter, just to outlive his own children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, so on so forth. As such, he doesn't just distance himself, but he loves humans, for even in the darkest deeds of men as a race, men as individuals are good men. He sees people as his "children" in a way. The entire theme of the character falls under one simple quote. "We are always much more human than we wish to be."

To top it all off, Virgil is in all senses, powerless. He can regenerate, but it's slow, far from instant. He can regrow a whole arm, yes, but that takes years and is an extremely painful process, imagine regrowing nerves that you were connected to, then bare muscle growing on them. It's hell. He can still do things that many humans can't, but he's still as limited as most humans in the long run.

That's just how I played mine off, though, just an example of what @Buio is trying to say as well. The good thing about characters over 1500 years of age is that usually they have been broken in their minds, but have become so numb to the evil that the good is within sight.

@Buio
but how do I explain psychological issues without just listing them?

This is something that, honestly, is really, really hard to do if you aren't yourself familiar with psychological ilnesses or at least psychology in general, so I honestly won;t blame you inf you chose just 1 main psychological issue of his, go on wikipedia to find the other issues that usually accompany it (it is very rare for someone to suffer from just one mental disorder since pretty much everything in the mind is interconnected), and list them off like that in the personality section, only touching on them briefly in the history.

But, a mantra I like to keep in mind when figuring out my characters' mindests is the following: "What are we if not the sum of our memories?". While it's true that you can have a genetic predisposition towards mental disorders, that just means that your mind starts off with lower HP than someone else's (to put it in rpg terms), no one is ever born crazy or sociopathic or depressed. It is the events around us and, more importantly, how we PERCEIVE those events, and the memories that we form from those perceptions, that define who we are. In turn, who we are, then defines how we will react to certain events, how we perceive actions taking place around us, and how the memories of those events will be formed in our minds, and those added memories then combining with the ones we already have to contribute to the evolution of 'us' as a person. It's a great interconnected, interdependent cycle.

so, to put it all in very simplified terms, say you have character A who, for whatever reason from his past experiences, is awkward and anti-social. Character A then receives a letter from a schoolmate confessing her affections for him. Character A's anti-social and awkward behavior would make him hesitant and confused on how to respond to the news, but the general desire of humans to connect to other humans would likely make him happy and excited about the news in a way, causing him to seek out the person who is confessing her affections for him and try to see how things will turn out. Now, we chave character B, who starts off just as awkward and anti-social as character A, and B gets a love letter too. However, unlike A, B was previously victim of a cruel prank where someone sent him a false letter just to humiliate him in front of his peers. So B reacts negatively to teh love letter. A was excited and happy, even if confused and probably scared of this unknown territory, but B is convinced it's another trick and, as a self-defence mechanism openly rejects the person who confessed to B, trying to spare himself more humiliation in a 'fool me once' mentality. This has the unfortunate effect of making B seem like a complete asshole for being so harsh to a girl who summoned teh courage to confess to him, alienating him even further from his peers, worsening his anti-sociality. B then progressively becomes depressed at the dilemma he is in, instinctively craving to connect with other humans, but his fearful and hostile personality driving everyone who even attempts to get close to him away. so now he is both anti-social and depressed, which frequently leads to severe stress disorders. B eventually gets so caught up in his own depression that he grows nihilistic/paranoid towards other people, believing he can't trust them at all and its best to just withdraw from social interaction altogether, convincing himself that he's better off without them. Of course the base instinct to connect is still there deep within, tormenting him. After a certain amount of time B is exposed to let;s say anime, and becomes a huge fan of the medium. All the time he isn't spending hanging out with friends or socializing he now sinks into his new obsession, using it to distract himself from his longing feeling, filling the void with escapism. His anti-social behavior, reinforced by his nihilistic tendencies, drives him to foregoe any unecessary social interaction and sink yet more time into his new passion, which he feels helps him relieve his stress from day-to-day life like nothing else can. Eventually he becomes a straight up hikikomori and withdraws from society completely, save for what little outside interaction he needs to have in order to survive (going out to work so he can earn a wage so he can feed himself) or is required to feed his obsession (going out to buy model figurines of his favorite characters). Through his lack of social interaction and constant immersion into fantasy worlds, his grip on reality begins to waver, his mind choosing to favor his happy delusions over the harsh and bleak reality of his existence, and it;s entirely possible that he begins to think hat he's legitimately dating his favorite anime heroine, and eventually begin to believe he is an anime character himself, his mental unhinging reaching extreme levels at this point. So while Character A most likely went on to become pretty much every character played by michael cera in any movie ever, character B ended up becoming Takumi Nishijou from Chaos Head (that's his imaginary girlfriend with him in the picture, she is a delusion of his trying to convince him that reality itself is the delusion. Also he says stuff like this a lot), despite both of them having nearly the exact same origin. That is how minds and perceptions work, and more often than not, negative pasts cause us to create negative situations for ourselves, which further amplifies our negative mentality, and everything snowballs from there.

I hope all of that helps you think of how youre going to attribute more psychological issues/imbalances to your character, but liek i said, that is really the kind of thing that is hard to pull off well if you aren't familiar with the mechanics of psychology, so i don;t think anyone will blame you if you decide to not go 'too much' into detail about how your character progressively got to the point he is now, psychologically. Usually, a few lines like "He lived in a society where it was considered normal to find your family killed over a stupid fight with a more powerful being while you were out, but because he experienced the traumatizing loss of his sibling at such a young age, he developed a fear of losing people, so he couldn't adapt to that reality and see it as normal like the rest of his species did. As a result he became incredibly clingy and dependent on other people out of fear of losing them, which is why he has issues being by himself now" will be considered more than sufficient in explaining a character's mental state by roleplaying standards. Everything i wrote above concerning the domino-like effect of a person's mentality having a big impact on how they will continue to psychologically develop is really just something to keep in mind if you have a strong intention of deeply exploring your character's psyche.

Last edited:
@Yaoi Master Gavin aster gavin Awesome I 'm glad you like him so far, I hope to finish the history well enough for a good grasp on his character.
As for the no goes... easy enough to get rid of the bow and umbraportation, I have no problems doing so, I may ask if i can turn that empty slot into something else later though.

Also in reply to your proposition, I would love to! I havent had a good yaoi in an rp since..... about a year and some months ago.{give or take a month.) It would be fun. So I assure you, snooping approved. lol

@Buio hmm thats really helpful! I think Ill use google to search up some of the symptoms I gave him and see what can come of it. :D

@Squee Thanks for that, it's nice being able to compare a little bit. Helps me think of better ways to approach it.

Last edited by a moderator:
By all means. I'm assuming you intend to add in summat along the lines of psionics so it should be all good.

And you just made the gay cheshire catboy squee with that answer. I'll be sending you a few things via PM in moment or two.

Gavin is using my name for the sake of yaoi again...

A better purpose it could never have.

Also is the final roster of mission attendants ready?

well, yeah, it seems that, for the moment at least, Chaike has joined the ranks of our AWOL group, so the roster i last put up should be the one that incorporates all of our charactes if I am right.

I suppose i should put up a post IC soon, but I can;t very well say I've got much inspiration to do so as the 2 main players that my characters were interacting with have gone AWOL. At this point any post i would make with marco, bobby, or grimm would just end up being filler. Would it be unacceptable if i just waited till the missions were underway before posting as any of them?

@Yaoi Master Gavin cool thank you!

lol I'm glad I could help! Making cat boys happy is a talent I always have possessed, and lately please don't laugh. I use it on behalf of the miserable lonely and depressed! lol sorry my friend was singing it....

huh, you know, there seems to be a surprisingly high amount of openly gay/bisexual guys on iwaku compared to other rp sites i've been on, which i find surprising considering iwaku has one of the smaller memberships i've seen.

not saying it's a bad thing mind you, just an interesting observation.

-Raises hand- I'm a part of that number!! ^_^

I like it here. I can actually be myself!

What i find is most surprising is that, in my experience at least, I usually encounter a lot more women who are open about being gay/bisexual when online, but so far i'm 4-0 on the male-female ratio of gay/bisexuals i've personally met on iwaku. I wonder if the site just has a tendency of attracting more guys (which is actually pretty possible, back on RPG id say a good 75% of the players i met were female, but here it's a more 50/50 split between genders), or if there's something about the site's atmosphere that makes guys just feel more comfortable than girls when it comes to being open about sexuality.

I think it's nice to have so many differnt sorts of people. It sort of get's boring when the majority is one or the other.

Name: Isamu Masami

Race: Kitsune (See Nogitsune Hibiki for details, PG. 1)

Class: Sword Dancer – Sword Dancer's are magical dancers that can bring downtrodden allies back to their feet with a single step, while bringing enemies to their knees with a single slash of the dancer's sword.

Title: Stutdent

Sect Study: Dominus - Blue

Appearance: Masami looks relatively human. Aside fom his sealed tails, his oddly colored (Natural, mind you) red hair. when I say red, I mean RED. Like, full on scarlet/crimson mix. He does, however, have black streaks of fur spaced out perfectly along his hair. He has multiple, horozontal streaks going across his ears and all over his head. His tails, when seen, have black rings of fur around them, leading up to where the very tip is black, the rest being the odd scarlet/crimson mix. His cat-slit eyes are a deep, mesmerizing shade of violet. A great contrast to the color of his hair. He doesn't mind, however. It brings on more attention to him while he dances, exactly what he wants.

He wears semi-tight clothing that is actually quite comfortable and airy so that he doesnt die of heat stroke while he dances. His t-shirt is the same shade of violet as his eyes are, and it is tight enough for you to nitice that he does have some slightly muscle, but it isn't tight enough for you to decipher each individual muscle. His pants, however, are tight enough for you to notice everything. A dancer's best friend is their legs and he is more than proud of what years of dancing has done to them. He wears tight, fingerless, black and purple gloves that are made form the same fabric as his pants. Half because he likes them, half because it helps with the gripping of his swords. He finishes off his clothing by going around barefoot everywhere. Sure, his feet are quite important to him, but his body refuses to stay hurt and will heal as fast as possible. Besides, he hates shoes.

Masami does wear just a bit of make-up as well. He wears black guyliner, only to bring out his eyes. (It's all about appearances for these dancers.) And his finger nails are painted black. To even further set off the odd colors of this Kitsune, he has a completely pale complection. Despite all of the time he spends out in the sun, he still remains the ghastly white color he has always has been. His features could be percieved how ever he wanted at the time. He can make hismelf look feminine or manly whenever he wants, often confusing some pople on his actual gender.

Personality: Masami is quite the timid little Kitsune when he is around and meeting people he doesn't know or hasn't met before. But, when Masami does know and gets along with someone, heis a really nice and helpful guy. He loves to help out hose he cares about. He will be the first one to jump out of his own way to make sure that someone he cares about stays safe. He hates seeing people without a smile on their face and does whatever it takes, sometimes taking it a little too far, to make them smile, even if it's only a little bit. Masami is also very protective of those he cares about. The moment that one of his friends are threatened, don't be surprised when you see the threatener turn into a long string of fleshy ribbon.

He is incredibly loyal and would never do anything to intentionally hurt someone he really cares about. If he does hurt someone like that, he instanly feels terrible and treies to do everything in his power to make them feel better. He really hates making anyone feel terrible for any reason.

Masami may be oaky with his being a male Sword Dancer, but he still gets embarrassed when he is caught practicing. When he does, he gets all flustered and embarrassed, one is even able to notice the slighest hints of a blush on his pale complection.

He has an intense fear of someone being angry with him. He gets scared the moment he sees any form of rage or anger in soemone's eyes and he will instantly cower away and leave, like a scared puppy.

Weapon(s): Dual Katanas, which he holds back-hand.

Abilities/Magic:

- Sword Style: De~yuaru-gatana: The art of using two katanas in perfect unison, the strikes and slashes flowing like a river. This style is less common because of the use of two Katana, whereas, the more common style consists of a Katana and a Wakizashi.
- Sword Style: Bakku Katate Ken: The art of back-handing dual katanas. This sword style is rare because of it's dificutly to learn. Only true masters of the De~yuaru-gatana style may become practitioners of this style. This style takes years of rigorous training and practice to even become usable.
- Sword Style: Sododansa: The art of mixing the uses of dancing and twin katanas in such a way that the movements of the blades are so fluid and the movent of the wielder is so enticing, the opponent doesn't know they have been cut until they are on the ground, gasping for life. This is the most well-known style for Sword Dancers and is used by all of them.
- Dance Style: Miryoku-tekina dansu: The skill of raising one's level of dance to one that it entices all intention around to focus in on the dancer, focusing only on him/her while they dance, becoming oblivious to everything around them. This skill is attained by all sword Dancers and is the most common form of dance for serious dancers anywhere.
- Dance Style: Odoru Maho: The skill of attaining the ability to use an array of different magical abilities whilst one dances. This skil is only attained by those of high magical capabilities and is much rarer than the Miryoku-tekina style of dancing. This skill is only mastered by those who's lives are devoted to dance and the study of magic.
- Sword Dancer Style: Bakku Maho no Dansu no Ken: The art and style of all true Sword Dancers. Sword Dancers themselves are rare, but people of this style are even rarer. This style embodies the fluidity of magic through the dance and the blades of the Dancer, all being channeled into a fighting style that is matched by close to none. This style requires precision and focus while still being able to keep the enemy's movents noted, combining magic, dance and dual katanas into a flurry of death and beauty that entices all so well, that they don't even know that they are being attacked.
- Foxfire: Yes, he has foxfire, but he rarely, if ever, uses it. Because of his other techniques, he never really bothered with this. He hasn't ever really needed to use anything other than his dances, so he doesn't bother. Yes, he knows how to do so, he just chooses not too, unless the situation absolutely calls for it. He doesn't have great power over it because of his lack of use. Therefore, he can only use it to create a small fire. It is not nearly good enough to be used as spells.
- Samba 1: Counter Samba: Masami makes quick, confusing steps that distracts opponents that attack his allies, allowing him to strike at his enemies; weak points. While maintaining this dance, every time an enemy within a two steps strikes one of his allies, he may move adjacent to the enemy that made the attack and make one melee attack against them.
- Waltz 1: Regen Waltz: Masami makes slow, fluid steps that restore vigor to allies that see this dance. While maintaining this dance, Masami and allies that can see him are healed a moderate amount.
- Tango 1: Attack Tango: Masami makes swift, energetic leaps that raise the morale of allies that can see him. While maintaining this dance, allies that can see him gain a minor bonus to attack damage.
- Samba 2: Chase Samba: Masami makes staccato like steps that baffle enemies, allowing him to follow his allies strikes like a mirror image. While maintaining this dance, every time an ally within two steps strikes an enemy, he may move adjacent to the enemy that was struck and make a melee attack against that enemy.
- Waltz 2: Refresh Waltz: Masami makes dramatic, long steps that mimic the movements of a swan. While maintaining this dance, he and allies that can see him gain a morale bonus, making them minorly resistant (Or moreso) to spells and spell-like abilities.
- Tango 2: Guard Tango: Masami makes slow steps while twirling his swords around his waist, giving the appearance of a guard standing post. While maintaining this dance, allies that can see him gain a magical bonus to their natural defense.
- Samba 3: Trick Samba: Masami readies his sword swhile twirling gracefully, allowing for openings made by his allies. While maintaining this dance, every time he strikes a creature with a melee attack, allies within 10ft of him may make a quick strike on that same creature.
- Waltz 3: Freedom Waltz: Masami makes great leaps and twirls, dancing freely across the battlefield. While maintaining this dance, he and allies who can see him are able to get out of and win any hand-to-hand activities.
- Tango 3: Energy Tango: Masami throws his swords in the air multiple times while doing small transversals. While maintaining this dance, allies who can see him gain energy resistance to an energy type of his choice.
- Samba 4: Rush Dance: Masami adds rhythmic steps to the passion of his Samba's, adding an extra affect to his dance. While maintaining a Samba, he gains a minor attack increase, but his accuracy is also dropped minorly.
- Waltz 4: Healing Step: Masami adds steps like that of a dramatic dance, telling a tale that lifts the pain of his allies. While maintaining a Waltz, allies that can see him are healed a major amount of health.
- Tango 4: Wide Dance: Masami adds long, separated steps that push his allies to move faster. While maintaining a Tango, allies that can see him have the effect of his Tango doubled (i.e. Masami's Guard Tango would have double the effect on allies that could see him)
- Samba 5: Mist Dance: Masami adds mystifying, angular steps while he rhythmically fans out his seven tails to his Samba, baffling enemies when he strikes them. While maintaining a Samba, anytime he makes an attack due to his Samba, he adds a stunning effect to his attacks.
- Waltz 5: Peace Ballad: Masami adds short, sweet steps that grant allies a sense of Succor. While maintaining a Waltz, he and allies that can see him gain a slight feeling of rejuvenation. Not a heal in the slightest, but a wave of ease roles over them, helping them to perform better in battle, despite their injuries.
- Tango 5: Gaia Weaponary: Masami adds odd, tribal steps that grant allies weapons elemantary strength. While maintaining a Tango, allies that can see him gain a minor attack increase of an energy type of his choice to attacks made by their weapons.

History: Isamu Masami was, of course, born into House Isamu. Yes, the house of the seven-tailed Kitsunes that Hibiki just loves so much. Masami was born normally. He was loved by his mother and father both. His mother, she was a saint. She was always there, ready with open arms when something happened to Masami. Sure, some may have considered him a momma's boy, but his father made sure that was never the case. His father was his hero. While his mother took the time to comfort him when something happened to Masami, his father took the time to deal with whatever dared to harm his son.

Masami lived a very happy life. He was pretty far down in line to be the next ruler of the house, so he stayed a lot of his time with his mother, his father being a major character in the higher ups, doing stuff that not even Masami knew about. He never really like getting involved with politics He felt as if all of the feuds were just stupid and that there shouldn't be any. This was the main reason as to why he never knew, or cared to know, about what his father did with the ruler of the Isamu house and all of those higher up in the political hierarchy.

His mother was a dancer. An uncommon one, at that. His mother was a rare and amazing Sword Dancer. Since he stayed a lot with his mother, he had eventually been half-forced, half-willing to learn it himself. His mother felt that it would give them more 'bonding time.' Although, they were already as close as can be. As he got older, he became more and more embarrassed when his dancing was brought up in conversation. I mean, you would probably be embarrassed as well if you were like the only male Sword Dancer in the history of ever.

As he entered his later and close to final years of developing his tails, which happened to be Discipline, Wrath, Conviction, Amelioration, Intrepidity, Passion and Reflection, he started to notice something, a change, in his father. The man that was once so kind and loving soon became cold and gradually began growing a heart of stone. He had started ignoring Masami and his mother, as if they weren't there and had never existed in the first place. This change hit Masami hard, he lost his hero, but he had to stay strong. He was all that his mother had now.

His father grew more and more distant each and every day. Then, one day, when his father left... he didn't come back. His mother brushed it off, saying to herself that he would be back soon. That he just had a lot to deal with and he had to stay up there to work on it. His mother didn't stay that way for long. She was hit hard with the responsibility that she was all that was taking care of Masami, so she had to be strong.

She was finding it harder and harder to support her and her boy. She worked herself to the bone, leaving before the sun rose in the morning and coming home after it had fallen day after day, with barely enough to fill her pocket.

His mother worked herself so much that she had fallen ill. Terribly ill. She was bedridden and could barely breathe without hurting herself. This had brought Masami to a life he never thought he would be doing: Thieving. He was stealing food, money and water for his mother. He barely thought about his own health, all that mattered was that he could do anything to help his mother, his world, feel better.

He had been stealing for months without being caught, but he did have quite the name for himself. No one knew exactly who it was, but there was no other thieves around, so if they found one, that was their man. Masami was event on one of his escapades for some food and money. He was caught and, because it was found inhumane to kill children, Masami was sent to work as a slave for the Kohaku House.

Shortly after his transfer to the house, he learned of what happened to his mother who was left all alone. She was dead.

He worked at the Kohaku House as a house-maid through all of his sadness. Doing everything. He was forced to cook, clean and do whatever they wanted. He was terribly abused there, the worst he got was beatings, but they occasionally left him with some broken bones that he forced himself to work through. He was a perfect little slave; always doing his best as to minimize the amounts of beatings he would receive.

Through all of this, he had finally heard of the feud between the four-tails, seven-tails and nine-tails. After he heard of this, he just sighed and continued working. He hated unnecessary conflict and he figured that his was a useless fight, so he saw no need for it to be there.

In his free time, he still danced a little. Feeling like it was the one thing of his mother he had left. One day, he was dancing a little bit and one of the members of the house was fetched to get him to do something or other and noticed his dancing. The young lady, of course, told the rest of them and then, along with his other duties, it was then Masami's job to be their entertainment.

He was expected to do every dance perfectly, and was punished harshly every time he messed up even a single step. No matter how minutely it was. When he messed up, he could practically feel the waves of anger flowing out of the many people that decided to beat him. From this, he had sprouted an immense fear of making people mad at him or seeing anger directed at him in any way. When he is directly shown anger by someone, he cowers and is left completely defenseless.

His routine stayed the same for years: Cook, clean, everything else, dance. This was his life for years upon years. In all of this hell that he was living in, Masami did have one person who was actually kind to him. he didn't know the old man's name, so he just called him Grampa. Grampa was a kind and caring old man. He was the only one that actually cared about Masami and wanted so much better for the young Kitsune who showed so much promise and offered so much potential.

Masami was still working under the Kohaku House during the assassination of the Nogitsune heir. As this happened, Grampa, who felt eactly as Masami did on the feud, helped the younger Kitsune escape during all of the commotion. He was told by Grampa to find a way to the Eureka Academy. He was told that he would be safe there and that he would be able to hone his skills and make something great of himself. He was handed a letter, written by Grampa himself, and was told to give it to someone so he would be able to enroll. He didn't know of Eureka before this and he didn't know how Grampa supposedly knew of some way to get him there and out of this hell hole, but he took his opportunity and ran.

He had traveled for a long time. Stopping along the different town in an attempt to make some money, get some food or find somewhere to stay for the night. He danced here and there, actually making some pretty good profit off of it. He had been going about this route of searching and dancing for about a year and a half before he had finally found out about where he was to go to find his way to Eureka.

He was overjoyed to finally find the place that he was told he'd find salvation. He quickly found someone and gave them Grampa's note and he was soon enrolled into the Academy.

That first day of when he stepped off of that airship is a memory he will never forget. Now, here he was, a Blue Rank in his Sect. He was so greatly looking foward to this year, hoping that it would be on e of his best.

Good... God... I worked on this thing... from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. ... That was a lot of work. Well, I'm off... peace

*chuckles* google translate japanese HO!

Good to see we have another sexy Kitsune going on in here and not in PM. Get those furry tails in RP land.

@Buio I've actually always been openly gay. At least on the internet where I don't have to worry seeing as I live in the American South. Like incubus says, we can be our selves without real fear or repercussion and anyone who tries to troll us just comes off as a jealous douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.