Eureka Academy: First Semester [SU/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, so you chose to have his negation of friction go the absolution route. This a powerful ability in many respects, and could be used rather creatively as well. It will also simplyfy training for him since he won;t have to worry about hurting his training partner with his ability.

as for his connection with kiku, i think a better way to word it is that kiku can communicate by pushing her thoughts into his mind, rather than saying she has a telepathic link with him, because even if he can;t communicate with her at will, saying she can link to him telepathically also implies she could read his thoughts when it suited her, which would allow them to communicate telepathically during battle because he would just have to tell her beforehand to pay attention to all of his thoughts before they enter a conflict and react whenever he consciously thinks something like "kiku, change into a scythe for me" of sth to that effect. It's important for the purposes of the character you;re trying to establish (as far as i can see anyways) that you make sure it's clear their mental communication can only go one way.

also, since you didn't actually describe a default shape that kiku took while filling out the weapon's section, i assumed that she didn't have a default state yet (as in, one she would have learned to assume as soon as they get into a fight, one that she knows from past experience he is comfortable using ) so that is why i suggested the arm blades *chuckles*. I'm assuming though, from reading the bio, that default shape he commands her to take is a katana then?

also, I will myself be submitting a dominus professor once @Chaike recovers from his persisiting computer problems and posts up his Magic professor, so I imagine my character (who has my same tendency to analyze every power and weapon he comes across in order to divine its most useful possible usage) will be more than happy to pass on some advice of his own onto Rever and how he should train to increase his abilities *chuckles*.

@Buio

Yeah, The absolution rule seemed much less overpowering. Fair points on the communication aspect, I should edit that in. As for Kikus default shape, I hadn't fully decided until I got a more personal grasp on Revers personality, as his concept is fully new to me. So far it seems more like a cutlass for him...For now. Eventually he will go hands free, probably using a chain system.

As for everyone else, once I finish this post, Arukab will be free to confront in the Arma commons, he's a new professor, so even if you simply want to ask who he is, that's fine.

EDIT, it's up now

Last edited:
Hey, gavin, something just occurs to me. Under what category would you classify a martial artist who uses ki techniques to go beyond the limits of their bodies? I'm not talking ridiculous shit like kamehameha or anything like that, but simply using Ki refining in order to pursue the concept of turning their bodies into a perfect weapon? (the kind of Ki techniques you;ll see in a manhwa like The Breaker or The Mightiset Disciple: Kenichi, rather than stuff like BDZ)

I wasn;t sure whether those would be classified as Arma or Dominus.

*chuckles* it's kind of bad that I'm already envisioning the perfect training regimen for Revers (btw, his first name is simply spelled Rever in his CS) in my head. Well, what can i say? the character concept interests me, not innately OP, but with deffinite potential for some badassery if used right. Those are generally my favorite kind of chars

holly shit i just realized something epic about kiku. she's his own personal byakugan.

think about it, kiku doesn;t have eyes, but she still percieves and reacts to things around her. since she isn;t limited by human field of vision, that must mean that she simply senses everything aroudn her naturally, like some kind of magical sonar. And remind me, what is kiku's primary method of communicating with her master? Oh right pushing thoughts into his mind. She doesn't have a mouth either, so the concept of communicating only through sound would be foreign to her, she communicates in concepts sent to the brain. The fact that her voice changes for the different people who come into contact with her, this further reinforces the idea she has no concept of 'her voice'. So, with that in mind, there is no reason Kiku shoudl not be able to push visual thoughts, visual concepts into Revers' mind, and let hims see the world as she perceives it. Through her telepathic communication, she can be his own personal byakugan (with a much more limited range of course)

That's the idea. The concept of Kiku turning into a small piece of armor largely comes into play, here, as well. Kiku can detect an attack from any direction within a short range and turn into his own shield around that part. The two aren't perfectly in sync yet, so images are hard for Kiku to push at this time, but the more and more the two learn to fight with one-another, the more helpful Kiku becomes. Its more than a weapon, it's an all around partner, always having his back, often playing the defensive role where Rever plays the offensive role. As if his weapon is the shield and he is the sword. Pretty ironic.

This would also be more reason for Rever to later turn his main weapon of choice into something hands free. Kiku could protect him without hindering his ability to attack, whereas in his choice of cutlass, Kiku would be changing shapes far too dramatically for Rever to adapt properly even if she had informed him. Granted he could still adapt, but not nearly as well.

*chuckles* how about having her become a solar disk like the weapon used in Okami? lol

I'm not familiar with Okami, really.

Hey, gavin, something just occurs to me. Under what category would you classify a martial artist who uses ki techniques to go beyond the limits of their bodies? I'm not talking ridiculous shit like kamehameha or anything like that, but simply using Ki refining in order to pursue the concept of turning their bodies into a perfect weapon? (the kind of Ki techniques you;ll see in a manhwa like The Breaker or The Mightiset Disciple: Kenichi, rather than stuff like BDZ)

I wasn;t sure whether those would be classified as Arma or Dominus.

It's still martial based techniques and therefore falls under Arma.

I'm not familiar with Okami, really.
Here's a short Okami Let's play clip. skip ahead to 3:30 to get to an in-game fight and see how the solar disk is used by Amaterasu (the white wolf) to fight.

Cool concept, but doesn't feel appropriate for Rever.

Also, added in some more depth about what we discussed concerning Kiku.

soooo, basically an omni-tool lol. nice

yepp pretty much a survival kit strapped to Alisa's arm ^^

hmm i guess i should make a post and place Alisa at the missions board to.
And then there is finding a professor good at magic that can teach her to control and use her powers hehe ^^;

lol, or you and @Squee coudl just state in here what missions you want your characters to take part in like i asked a few days ago lol. It's easier for everyone if all that information if kept in teh same thread until everyone''s got an assign position, that way there's no confusion as to who does what and goes where.

also, Squee, i was mostly joking about teh solar disk in teh first place lol, it just kinda didn';t translate wekl when i had to explain what the weapon was.

lol, or you and @Squee coudl just state in here what missions you want your characters to take part in like i asked a few days ago lol. It's easier for everyone if all that information if kept in teh same thread until everyone''s got an assign position, that way there's no confusion as to who does what and goes where.

also, Squee, i was mostly joking about teh solar disk in teh first place lol, it just kinda didn';t translate wekl when i had to explain what the weapon was.

hmmm i think Alisa would prefer the collecting stuff Mission. Yeah that one sounds the most interesting.

Oh, right. I had already spoke with Gavin about this on skype, I'm going with him on mission 2.

So, I had no idea that missions had been chosen outside of the roleplay thread. I sorta set myself up to join mission one. That's fine, right? (I was just told to pick one, so I did.)

so that's

Mission 1
-Orin (leader)
-Marco
-Ashling

Mission 2
-Hibiki (leader)
-Bobby the robot (who is actually a golem)
-Revers

Mission 3
-Soren (leader)
-Grimm

hmmm i think Alisa would prefer the collecting stuff Mission. Yeah that one sounds the most interesting.
which one? there are 2 that are about collecting things, mission 1 and mission 2

so that's

Mission 1
-Orin (leader)
-Marco
-Ashling

Mission 2
-Hibiki (leader)
-Bobby the robot (who is actually a golem)
-Revers

Mission 3
-Soren (leader)
-Grimm

which one? there are 2 that are about collecting things, mission 1 and mission 2

O_O i see. Was thinking about mission 2 with the plants and stuff
>.< the first one seemed more like retaking stuff and punishing beasts rather than collecting >.<

though looking at the list if we want to keep it even I can jump on the third mission on collecting those small elementals >.<

Well the second mission is much more dangerous and as a white student you wouldn't be able to adequately defend yourself more than likely; that's why is called for red or higher.

what gavin said.

Status
Not open for further replies.