• Mos Def

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, reading some above comments.

I finally understand how David Cameron feels when he has to talk to the working class.

Allow me to go bash my head into a concrete wall until the everything turns black.

CAh5dA4.gif

I think there was something about a superiority complex in there, I'm not sure.

I feel like you think Koori is always addressing you personally. But, like, y'know, she's not.

Pretty much. I admit not really understanding most of them either. I don't think I'm at that particular level, and if I'm to ever understand, I may either need a translator or for her to speak at my level.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Kooriryu Iwaku wgah'nagl fhtagn

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
@Seiji Well, not really. I'm just trying to figure out what she's saying. Because I honest to god don't understand. I'm not joking. The closest I get is "lol you're wrong because several hours of youtube videos" and "google is never wrong."

And that doesn't seem right. I must be misinterpreting something. I really do want to understand, from someone who has obviously spent a great deal of time and emotional investment into this subject. However, I seriously struggle to grasp with the way she writes. It's borderline incomprehensible to me, and I've yet to find a point in it. Is it to be intentionally confusing? Does she like making people not understand anything she says at all whilst simultaneously info-dumping so much shit, that nobody is ever going to read it? I don't want to make those kinds of assumptions. I want to assume she's trying to contribute to the conversation and I'm just entirely failing to understand it on my end, that it's entirely my own fault.

But I don't get a response when I ask. I just get all caps "lolololol" followed up with "2 bad u cant understand me, lololol". And that's only if I'm reading it correctly, because, again, it's really hard to understand.

Is... Is this satirical? Is she making fun of her own position? Is that it? Am I just not in on a long joke? :ferret:

EDIT

Also, yes, I'm opening myself up for a lot of potential mockery and ridicule here by not just engaging in shitposting mode and mocking everyone. But I do want to understand, so I'm going to at least try.

... I think she was toying with you mate...
Ms. Koori is silly like that, y'know...

Or maybe you don't.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kooriryu
... I think she was toying with you mate...
Ms. Koori is silly like that, y'know...

Or maybe you don't.
Maybe. Probably. But the optimist in me wants to try and understand, because someone doesn't vomit that much material without actually caring about the subject. Maybe she'll come back and mock me, maybe she won't give a shit. Or, maybe, just, maybe, I'll get a response to try and teach me something.

Every once in a while, I try to understand others. I make that effort. I know it makes me vulnerable, but I try anyway.

@Seiji Well, not really. I'm just trying to figure out what she's saying. Because I honest to god don't understand. I'm not joking. The closest I get is "lol you're wrong because several hours of youtube videos" and "google is never wrong."

And that doesn't seem right. I must be misinterpreting something. I really do want to understand, from someone who has obviously spent a great deal of time and emotional investment into this subject. However, I seriously struggle to grasp with the way she writes. It's borderline incomprehensible to me, and I've yet to find a point in it. Is it to be intentionally confusing? Does she like making people not understand anything she says at all whilst simultaneously info-dumping so much shit, that nobody is ever going to read it? I don't want to make those kinds of assumptions. I want to assume she's trying to contribute to the conversation and I'm just entirely failing to understand it on my end, that it's entirely my own fault.

But I don't get a response when I ask. I just get all caps "lolololol" followed up with "2 bad u cant understand me, lololol". And that's only if I'm reading it correctly, because, again, it's really hard to understand.

Is... Is this satirical? Is she making fun of her own position? Is that it? Am I just not in on a long joke? :ferret:

EDIT

Also, yes, I'm opening myself up for a lot of potential mockery and ridicule here by not just engaging in shitposting mode and mocking everyone. But I do want to understand, so I'm going to at least try.
Don't worry, you're not alone. I also literally can't understand what she's trying to say. I almost went ahead and asked before you did it for me.

I mean, I'd settle for not understanding all the fine details at this point -- I just wish I could at least get the gist of it. But every bit of it seems to be wrapped in so many layers of over-the-top-ness and sarcasm (or at least... I think some of that is sarcasm?) that I legitimately don't understand what I'm supposed to be getting out of it. It's just too far-removed for me to make any sense of it.

Kooriyu's particular breed of theatrics can be entertaining... when I feel like I understand what the point of her post is. Which, I sometimes do. But this is not one of those times.

I say let them overthink it. This stuff probably helps hyperactive minds get tired enough to go to sleep.

Besides, I'm interested in hearing about the schlep tomorrow.​

Everyone loves hearing about shit rolling downhill, Ser K. It helps pass the time.

Well, at least I tried. I'll know in the future not to bother, because nobody's going to try. But, well, hey, at least I get to use this neat gif.

HiDqhhn.gif

Always gotta think on the bright side of shit.

Well, at least I tried. I'll know in the future not to bother, because nobody's going to try. But, well, hey, at least I get to use this neat gif.

HiDqhhn.gif

Always gotta think on the bright side of shit.

Eh.

No worries, as you said, you at least tried.
But I dunno, take away the title of the thread and this seems horrifically similar to a shitpost bait thread.

Eh.

No worries, as you said, you at least tried.
But I dunno, take away the title of the thread and this seems horrifically similar to a shitpost bait thread.

It was an ethical question.

Status
Not open for further replies.