Can you?

• Mos Def

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a thing to wake up to. Gwazi posting blatantly racist shit and the Kooryu fighting back with... fashion?

Akso, Gwazi, stop acting like a /b/ reject, goddamn son.
Yeah, I don't know why I'm surprised by the disgusting blatant racism, but I am. What the fuck.

@Grumpy
pls

Oh is that what it takes then?

Yes, I am also hurt feelings in the tumblr way. Please close thread.

Fun Fact: Spamming threads with off-topic shit is against the site rules. Crude humor is not.

I would add a 'the more you know' gif here, but it's too much bother on a phone.

I would add a 'the more you know' gif here, but it's too much bother on a phone.
giphy.gif

Here. It's topical too.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jorick
Fun Fact: Spamming threads with off-topic shit is against the site rules. Crude humor is not.

I would have thought pages of shitty racist macros and links to runway videos would count as 'off-topic shit.'

• Love
Reactions: TheGreyWarden
I would have thought pages of shitty racist macros and links to runway videos would count as 'off-topic shit.'
The runway videos certainly are. The racist nonsense might not be, given the topic of the thread, though those are more a case by case thing. An image with the word nigga in it could be entirely on topic, whereas that one Gwazi posted that refers to slave chains as bling isn't really on topic. Volume of off-topic material is also important to consider to deem something spamming or not.

However, the point I was getting at was spamming to counter crude humor is generally not a smart tactic since it's breaking site rules to combat something that isn't inherently against site rules. If someone gets into shit for it, odds are it'll be the spammer.

Nah. We're /b/ now. It isn't "Racist" it is "Non-PC" and "crude".

FYI. This is clearly topical given the apperent guidelines.

Reactions: Sidhe
Nah. We're /b/ now. It isn't "Racist" it is "Non-PC" and "crude".

FYI. This is clearly topical given the apperent guidelines.
Don't get your titties in a twist, I was using a broad term because the concept applies to more than just racist humor and this " spam it until it dies" shit has been used elsewhere recently. The same applies to sexist humor, for instance.

@Hellis (Because I respect you and think you'll listen to what I have to say, whereas others might not.)

giphy.gif

First, let's define racism, because that's become just as much an insult to someone's character as it is a word that actually means anything. Let's use the dictionary definition, I think we can all agree that the dictionary is a fairly unbiased piece of documentation, yes?

w3XXK5X.jpg

A. A belief that one race in particular is superior to others, or inferior to others.
B. A policy or doctrine that discriminates on the basis of race.
C. Hatred or intolerance of other races.

What Gwazi has been posting is tasteless humour. He in no way, shape, or form, has expressed a belief in the inferiority of a race, a desire to create a policy or doctrine that discriminates based on race, or expressed hatred and intolerance of other races. By no stretch of the imagination do I like his humour (seriously? A slave? In chains? Seriously?!) but I don't have to resort to calling him a racist to show discontent for his humour. In every thread in which he has expressed a genuine political opinion about race, he has always professed a desire for equality between all races with no prejudices or discrimination barring the way for anyone to accomplish whatever it is they wish. If anything, he's mocking slavery and suffering in particular. He's mocking black stereotypes. It's no different than if I made a joke, like, say...

"What's the difference between Hitler and Usain Bolt? Usain Bolt can finish a Race."

That joke is offensive as fuck and I wouldn't use it in casual conversation with people I don't know well. On the other hand, it does not in any way, shape, or form, imply that I view any particular race as lesser than myself--it implies that I'm laughing at the macabre nature of the joke. It's a play on words. It's just as cruel and brutal as making a prison male prison rape joke, for instance.

If anything, you can express disgust for Gwazi's actions because they are inflammatory and offensive as shit. You don't have to label it as racist to be disgusted by it. I'm disgusted by it, so therefore I'm not engaging it directly.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
@Brovo
'Racist' is an adjective as well as a noun.

"adjective
of or like racists or racism:
racist policies; racist attitudes."

Also from the dictionary, which I am too lazy to screencap.

I don't have to think anyone is a racist (noun) to acknowledge that they are using racist (adjective) humor, which is what those tasteless jokes were. They are inflammatory, offensive, and racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.