Eternal War Saga: Awakening|OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradokUnbound

Original poster

f54f9ff39e57b38a0ed4a4d336f84ea1.png

bc773c24a1af2bd3d925d8eb377c90e6.png

"And so it was that the Lord of Death should perish in the Eternal War. Almearia had prevailed against it's terrible foe. Yet no songs were sung, nor feasts held. For his doom would breed a host of mortal progeny. Through whom his work would continue."

-Exert: Zebbarra's Chronicle of the Eternal War​

17a8e495d0ef6144b5d9760c2ef6235d.png

Before time became time and living things breathed first breath, there was war. Two immortal realms conjoined in their voracious struggle for supremacy. Almearia, the White Citadel, it's knights valiant and pure. The Nether Realm Raskar, with legions of unearthly horrors under it's domain. Through the void and across strange eons their contest would wage unabated. Yet amidst the destruction there wrought, new foundation was lain. Another plane would come to be.

The Mortal Realm drew wary eye from it's older kin. For millennia they observed from afar the queer machinations of these Humans and their fleeting existence. While the Eternal War tore across the cosmos a new battlefield was found in the lives of mortals. Agents of the militant realms descended, weaving intricate plots to influence the unsuspecting. Through this strength was gained. The Human soul revealing itself to be a potent elixir.

It was Almearia that first harnessed the soul's power. It was discovered that prayer shed excess energy akin to a soul. In the White Citadel this energy was gathered and bestowed upon Almearia's people. Agents withing the Mortal Realm would thus create miracles to incite further prayer. With this method Almearia had and advantage, and pushed Raskar into the depths of the Nether Realm.

Weakened, Raskar new it's salvation lay in the power of souls as well. Yet that was not so easy a road to travel. Almearia already gathered the prayers of Humans. Taking that from them would be a battle destined for defeat. So it was that Raskar devised it's own way to gather souls. It would not take prayers, no. Raskar's agents would offer mortals whatever their heart desired, in exchange for the entirety of their soul.

Thus the war began anew. In this era an Overlord would appear from Raskar to take the reigns of leadership. Known simply as the Lord of Death, this figure laid waste to Almearia at every turn. His ability was unlike any seen in the Nether Realm before, and his loyalists followed him zealously. For centuries he cut a swath of blood through Almearian ranks. So much so that many now foresaw an end to the Eternal War. However, this was not to be.

In the end it was not grand battle or fierce duel that ended the Lord of Death, but betrayal. The other Overlords of the Nether Realm, fearing what would become of them after the war's end, joined together with Almearia. Slaughtering all those that followed the Lord of Death before coming for him. Outmatched he did not resist their attacks. Hot flashes of steel and magic bore through him as his assassins completed their task. Yet no woe marked his face, nor tears his eyes. Only a crooked grin curled across his lips as his fading voice wove a curse. His death would bring final ruin to Almearia and Raskar both, and all whom stood against him.

a0a85f9b498ddcdd39e1fa8c9d90ebab.png

Welcome to Eternal War Saga: Awakening! A new Anime-Inspired role-play focusing on collaborative storytelling and character development. Our primary goal is to weave a cohesive and amazing story, that is both fun for our writers to participate in and onlookers to follow. Taking pieces of multiple genre, including Fantasy, Horror, Supernatural, Highschool, and more; Eternal War Saga provides and original environment for the creation of a wholly original story. Below you'll find an assortment of cataloged details about Eternal War Saga to better help you understand it.

• Season I: A Subtle Change
    Our story focuses on a group of young people and their growing realization that things aren't quite what they appear to be. Strange phenomena are occurring at rising rates, all seemingly centered around the city of Yoshaka and the surrounding areas. Odd sightings, disappearances, and even deaths spring up on media outlets. With summer closing in and the school year wrapping up there's a lot more than vacation on some student's minds. When the appearance of a red moon coincides with a classmate vanishing the race is on to unravel Yoshaka's mystery!

Episode I: What Is Lost
    To be filled in as role-play progresses.

• Branded

Humans

• Yoshaka City
    Yoshaka is a medium size city situated near the Japanese Alps. It has a large city-center comprised of office buildings, shopping districts, a subway system, and other odds and ends found in such places. Surrounding the city are smaller communities consisting of rural townships and suburbs. Further still a few agricultural hubs of farmland dot it's outskirts.

YC Highschool
    Yoshaka City High is a large school located centrally within the largest residential district of Yoshaka. It is the only public high-school in the city, the only other high-school being a private academy. Due it's status as the sole easily available educational establishment of it's kind, the attendance is fairly high. A wide array of student founded clubs are funded by the school in an effort to further focus the children in attendance.

• The Red Moon
    The arrival of the Red Moon came as a shock to astrologists the world over. A consensus was drawn that an unexpected result of Earth's orbit cast red hue over it's moon. Many thought it would disappear within the first day or so, yet it did not. Night after night an eerie red glow falls over the land. Heralding it's first appearance strange happenings began to plague Yoshaka. Sightings of creatures unrecognizable to man, people missing from their home, even deaths came in the moon's wake. Is the Red Moon causing these atrocities to come to pass, or is it simply another side-effect of a far more sinister power?

Psychic Awakening
    Some people claim that since the Red Moon appeared they had become something more. That somehow the red light cast down on them had unlocked some hidden potential laid dormant within the confides of the Human soul. Though as of yet these rumors are widely dismissed as another internet conspiracy theory, there are some that believe it to be true.

• General
    1. Respect your fellow writers.
    2. No arguing in OOC.
    3. Stay active. If you can't post contact a GM.
    4. GM's have final say.
    5. Follow site-wide rules.

Role-Play
    1. No Meta-Gaming, God-Modding, etc.
    2. Stay In-Character at all times.
    3. A minimum of one paragraph (six sentences) per post.
    4. One post per day, one post a week minimum.
    5. Inactive characters will be handled by the GM.
    6. 18+ scenes are to fade to black and be implied or RP'd on an outside medium.
    Rules are subject to change.

• Interest Check
    Advertisement
    Character Index
    In-Character
    Discord

Last edited by a moderator:
This will serve as our general OOC channel along with Discord. Don't post Character-Sheets here, they will go in the Character Index.

Updated the character index with accepted characters, HERE.

@AceSorcerer | @Alpha
Both of your sheets are looking great. Whenever you get finished just let me know on here or discord and I'll look back over them. Great so far though guys! Kudos!

@InkaDinkaDoo
Hey! Your character looks really nice, but unfortunately all the Branded slots were claimed. You can either wait until Friday and see if the people that claimed a slot eventually post a CS. If they don't your character will be moved up. Alternatively you can change your character to a Human and be accepted right away. Let me know what you decided here or on discord.

@BradokUnbound I'm officially done with my cs. I'mnot sure if the guys mind my character's appearance. I know there are some guys who gets pissed when he is like a macho looking dude.

Reactions: BradokUnbound
Thanks for remembering me, Bradok. Unfortunately I won't be able to commit to this after all... I hope it goes well for everyone, though!
Eru no.

Reactions: BradokUnbound
>:[
I don't need to explain myself to u, I have responsibilities and and homework and--
spaghetti starts falling out of my pockets as I back away nervously

No but for real, I've never been able to keep up with anything that's aiming for almost daily posting. :/
I ought to go update my profile about that really, looks like I haven't touched that in some time.

I saw this in the interests page and am too late to join but I am interested in joining once the Ark is over and you're accepting new players for future Arks. If you remember once the Ark is over you can PM me or tag me in a future post stating a new Ark is starting, whatever is easier for you and if not I will keep my eye's peeled for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.