Essential Beings

Was she sure? The truthful answer was no but she could not go back on her word, once the sentence had left her mouth it had become concrete and most definitely binding.

"We they have a plan for convincing the King. And while our King is many things I do not think he is a complete fool, hopefully will we will be able to make him see some kind of reason." Her voice had a hint of that same dry humor, although she tried to hide it by taking another sip of tea. Carefully she watched Leo trying to gauge what his next action would be. Would he turn them in? No, most likely not he was as guilty as they were. Would he run? Much more likely course, very few in Matchtal wanted any more trouble than they already had. In the back of her mind she weighed a third option, one that she was hardly considering because she believed it even more unlikely than the first option. That he would accompany them. Yes it was a long shot but she had to think of the possibility, besides, it would be nice to have another ally.

"That is all we have planned so far, so what about you? I guess you will be going back to your forge now that all your questions have been answered." She broached the topic carefully, testing the waters to see what Leo's reaction would be and see whether or not he was actually thinking of following this through.

Weithala
The queen messaged her forehead with her fingertips as she tried to remain calm about the whole situation. Things were not looking very good. She leaned over the chest high wall to the outside structure and looked out over the forest. When she looked toward the guards at the front gate, feeling the dread of telling them the situation, she saw two others speaking to them. She recognized one of her Generals, Tala, but not the man with him. Her mind went to the worst possible place all at once and she rushed back into the castle.

At the gates, the guards looked at eachother when Voranimor suggests waiting.
"Oh, I see.. Well, I suppose I can venture to another city in hopes of work, though... It'd be unfortunate to war with a city that I was trying to work with. All because her majesty's guards would not even allow me the chance to have an audience. Good day."

They looked to Tala, unsure what to say and he hurried after the man. "Hold on, perhaps there is something we can do."
As he finished the gates opened to a small crowd of soldiers clad in light armor. They rushed up to Voranimor and surounded him. There were swords at their sides but they remained sheathed. "The queen wishes to see you, stranger, and General Tala at once." Tala complied and followed the circle of men as they led them both through the gates and into the heavily guarded castle. Every hall had guards on each end and the hall to the throne room was lined with guards.

Tala opened the doors and they showed them both inside. The soldiers spread out so that Voranimor could walk up the gold and royal blue aisle. Queen Ambrosia sat on her throne in a forced calmness that was obvious in her tense shoulders. I have never met this man before... "Who are you and where have you come from?"

Rem, Basul
"Yes, come in," Arx called.

Isuza shook her head and opened the door. "I apologize, we realized that we hadn't told you which room we were staying in." She closed the door behind him.Arx nodded and she took a deep breath. Isuza sat down in the middle of the room and closed her eyes. When she opened them again they were glowing an almost white blue. An orb of the same color appeared between her hands and expanded until it covered the room in a light film, giving it a lamenated look.
"Anything said henceforth will be distorted and uneven," she informed Lune. "Unless they are in this room, nothing can be made out, the door cannot be
opened nor the windows. We are secure for a time."

"This is Isuza. As you can see, she has the use of her essence. She can create barriers between herself and the environment. Where we are from the use of one's essence is encouraged." He showed the mark on his upper arm. "We are from Weithala. If there is anyone you could trust in this entire kingdom, it is us. We are not here to force anything from you, but to simply offer a proposition in your favor. Whether you accept it or not, you may leave this room with something."

If he accepted it would be beneficial to both parties yet, should he refuse, would at least leave him with some wisdom of his essence. He could feel the potential in this one and it is a sad thing to a teacher to see a student with so much of it to belittle themselves.

Rora's Farm, Outside Matchtal
Ariette sat in a chair pulled up beside Calix's sleeping form. She had said what she needed to and that was that. She trusted that Rora would come to a sensible decision. Whether she took it as truth or not she would be involved in this impending war; however, she was much more likely to survive on their side. People were too afraid of the unknown to do anything elsewhere. Those from Weithala knew how to push out fear in order to use their essence.
That isn't to say that she had not been scared. She was scared last night when that Gifvoshu had attacked. He, no, it had completely overpowered them. Calix could have been killed and all because she had been too weak. Calix... What are we going to do? We cannot protect these people on our own. She pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind and tried to focus on the other presence she sensed in the house.

It was another person with a readable amount of essence and so she returned to the front of the house. She peeked outside the room and, seeing no one there, she snuck out into the living area. Since there was a slight pulse of essence she assumed them to be friendly but still paused to listen out of sight.
"We they have a plan for convincing the King. And while our King is many things I do not think he is a complete fool, hopefully will we will be able to make him see some kind of reason."

"We?" Ariette gave a relieved sigh before walking into view. "We would appreciate all of the help we could get. It is a heavy risk, but there is no going back to how things were now." She stood at the threshold with her arms folded, gazing hopefully at the man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

Lune sighed and looked away deep in thought, while it was true that he could just go back to his old life and become a scholar, he just couldn't shake the feeling that he was needed gravely and these two being here just added on to said feeling. Constantly he would be reminded of those who died by the use of their essence, and constantly would he attempt to forget, but how could one possibly forget such? It's the very reason Lune chose not to pursue the life of essence manipulation... However... If he we're to instead change his views perhaps his ability using arms could help him use his essence far less, or maybe he could simply instead pass as a strategist....
And here he was, already considering something he'd originally thought ridiculous...

"Alright..." Lune mutters.

"Hmm?"

Lune looked in Arx's direction, gripping his bag... "Alright... Even if I were to decline, something, whether it'd be boredom, or a spiritual message or what ever else would cloud my head until I gave in..." He says almost as a complaint. To at least using my essence, he thought.

Arx shrugged "Curiosity kills these days, just be sure that you're sure." Lune nods. "... Very well then."

"Off to Weithala then?" Lune asks. "We'll have to check-out to avoid not getting fined...Obviously... It's not the kid's fault, The monarchy forces that kind of thing..."

A smirk plays upon his lips as he hears the man call out to him, asking him to wait and he actually starts to turn as he hears the marching of soldiers, his knife becomes unsheathed quickly and held in his hand as he crouches, not one to appreciate the matter of being surrounded, an animalistic growl swelling in his throat as he watches before noticing there are no swords and he slowly straightens himself, frowning, "Hm, such a quick change in tune." He says, peering at Tala, "I thought she wasn't taking audiences?" He questions, showing a level of insolence that is wanted in a soldier, it meant he'd die before surrendering himself to an enemy. His blade is slowly sheathed but his bright eyes wander, the green in his eyes bright and the blue flecks appearing to circle around the pupil.

As he is guided through the castle's halls he stares around, eying the guards as if at any moment one might leap out and attempt to take his life. Of course, he feared such a thing anywhere he ventured, he was a very suspicious man, especially towards those with power, they always seemed to commit themselves to getting into troubles that no normal person could possibly escape.

Voranimor quickly notes the increase in guards, counting them all, likely for telling another kingdom if this meeting did not go well. Information was always sold at high prices, especially with such a war brewing. He watches Tala open the heavy throne room doors and steps inside accordingly, listening to the beautiful Queen as she speaks and he notes a slight, fearful tone in her voice, this woman had best rely on her generals in a time of war. She lacked the spine a warring leader needed. He drops to a knee slowly, as an elaborate show of respect and he drops his head, facing the ground as he speaks, his posture rigid and perfect as he sets his second knee down, his fists on the floor in front of him, tightly pressing his bulky muscles into a rigid display of physical prowess. "My name is Voranimor Anduras, I ventured here from Basul in hopes of assisting your cause." He says simply, ending his loud voice as abruptly as he began to speak.

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

Lune sighed and looked away deep in thought, while it was true that he could just go back to his old life and become a scholar, he just couldn't shake the feeling that he was needed gravely and these two being here just added on to said feeling. Constantly he would be reminded of those who died by the use of their essence, and constantly would he attempt to forget, but how could one possibly forget such? It's the very reason Lune chose not to pursue the life of essence manipulation... However... If he we're to instead change his views perhaps his ability using arms could help him use his essence far less, or maybe he could simply instead pass as a strategist....
And here he was, already considering something he'd originally thought ridiculous...

"Alright..." Lune mutters.

"Hmm?"

Lune looked in Arx's direction, gripping his bag... "Alright... Even if I were to decline, something, whether it'd be boredom, or a spiritual message or what ever else would cloud my head until I gave in..." He says almost as a complaint. To at least using my essence, he thought.

Arx shrugged "Curiosity kills these days, just be sure that you're sure." Lune nods. "... Very well then."

"Off to Weithala then?" Lune asks. "We'll have to check-out to avoid not getting fined...Obviously... It's not the kid's fault, The monarchy forces that kind of thing..."

Arx nodded, glad that he had come to his own senses. "Well, not quite," he said. "We still have work to do here and you would not be much help to us as you are, and I do not mean to offend when I say that. You have a lot of potential and much physical strength which is how I assume you have been going about your life. Once we have completed our task here then we can head back. During that time I hope you will allow me to teach you how to use your essence instead of running from it."

"Arx is an excellent teacher of nurturing your essence," Isuza said, not moving to even look in his direction. "I would take the opportunity to learn with him. You must get over your fears in order to unleash your full potential."

"For the moment, I am sure you have recognized that something is odd here. The secrecy of your king, his paranoia, and the attack on the city just the other evening. It is my task at this time to ask if you saw anything that night." Arx picked up his hood once again and covered his arms.

A smirk plays upon his lips as he hears the man call out to him, asking him to wait and he actually starts to turn as he hears the marching of soldiers, his knife becomes unsheathed quickly and held in his hand as he crouches, not one to appreciate the matter of being surrounded, an animalistic growl swelling in his throat as he watches before noticing there are no swords and he slowly straightens himself, frowning, "Hm, such a quick change in tune." He says, peering at Tala, "I thought she wasn't taking audiences?" He questions, showing a level of insolence that is wanted in a soldier, it meant he'd die before surrendering himself to an enemy. His blade is slowly sheathed but his bright eyes wander, the green in his eyes bright and the blue flecks appearing to circle around the pupil.

As he is guided through the castle's halls he stares around, eying the guards as if at any moment one might leap out and attempt to take his life. Of course, he feared such a thing anywhere he ventured, he was a very suspicious man, especially towards those with power, they always seemed to commit themselves to getting into troubles that no normal person could possibly escape.

Voranimor quickly notes the increase in guards, counting them all, likely for telling another kingdom if this meeting did not go well. Information was always sold at high prices, especially with such a war brewing. He watches Tala open the heavy throne room doors and steps inside accordingly, listening to the beautiful Queen as she speaks and he notes a slight, fearful tone in her voice, this woman had best rely on her generals in a time of war. She lacked the spine a warring leader needed. He drops to a knee slowly, as an elaborate show of respect and he drops his head, facing the ground as he speaks, his posture rigid and perfect as he sets his second knee down, his fists on the floor in front of him, tightly pressing his bulky muscles into a rigid display of physical prowess. "My name is Voranimor Anduras, I ventured here from Basul in hopes of assisting your cause." He says simply, ending his loud voice as abruptly as he began to speak.

Ambrosia attempted to remain indifferent but her voice had given away even more of her unease. "Voranimor Anduras," she said softly as if it offered all the answers she needed. "So you have come from the industrial kingdom of Basul. Well, I apologize for the welcome, these are dangerous times for traveling between the kingdoms. If you have truly come to aid our efforts then please, tell me what you know of the legend of how these kingdoms came to be."

Last edited by a moderator:
Voranimor raises a brow, though unseen and clicks his tongue against the roof of the mouth, frowning deeply. His scholarly intellect was minimal and he scrambles to remember something, "T'was once a man who ruled the 5 kingdoms...." he says, hesitating as he struggles in remembrance of a story he hadn't heard in years, "And due to the growing violence and the struggle... The struggle to maintain the lands, he split it up into territories... Giving them to people he believed to be... Capable..?" He asks the last bit, far from sure of his answer and he kind of cringes, thinking he got something wrong. "That's all I can recall.. I am not a scholar.." he says in a soft tone, admitting his negligence to learn the legends.

Weithala, lightblue
Ambrosia nods and a small smile comes to her face. "It is not a necessary knowledge I was only asking for my own comfort. If you want to aid our cause then you will need to understand that first, we are not warring with any other kingdom. That is not my goal. Second, I need to know if you have use of your essence. It will be quite useful to you should you encounter trouble." The queen chose her words carefully, now that she was thinking straight once again. A warrior from Basul would be a great addition to their defenses though one was not enough to change everything. The help would be appreciated.

He nods and he grows slightly less tense, glad that such a thing was not so trivial as to decide his placement on an army or not. "I can indeed use my essence." He says, "It manifested quite some time ago actually." he says, once again ending his voice as abruptly as it began as he is now calmed down. He slowly raises his head, "May I now stand?" He asks, not used to staying at a kneel for extended periods of time due to the fact that most leaders would have already asked him to stand at ease.

Weithala, lightblue
Weithala, lightblue
"Ah, yes, please, do stand. As you may be able to tell I am not very settled with this situation. This battle- this war- will be one the likes of which none have seen." The queen stood then and approached Voranimor. The guards lining the walls closed in on them about a sword's length as she did so. "Anyone joining my ranks must first make a...pact of sorts, with me. There are no words to be said because the pact made here is one forever. Your life will be yours, but pain and death shall be shared. My essence allows me to "entwine the fates" of others with mine, if you will. I can share thoughts with you, know where you are at all times and if you should leave this world, I will know." Ambrosia held out her hand and waited for his decision. Not everyone was welcoming to contact with her once they knew of her essence but in times of battle it became useful in knowing and sending help where needed.

He stands thankfully, having not liked kneeling and he stretches out his knee by leaning to the side slightly before straightening, his posture firm as his muscles ripple tightly as he goes to the position of attention, though a relaxed one. "A pact?" He questions, his eyes narrowing as he watches her he looks at her hand, "And, with this pact. Does this make me a soldier or a leader?" He asks, not daring to move his hand to hers until he learns, not trusting such a thing as this. He hated not being able to hide and didn't enjoy the idea of her knowing what he was doing, it seemed particularly troublesome that she had power and he clicks his tongue, remembering what he thought of those in power, they always got themselves into such magnificent trouble, such troubles of which a normal person could not ever hope to escape from. Now though, he adds a thought, such troubles will cause those in power, to drown.

Ambrosia smiled up at him. "That depends solely on your skills, which General Tala will asses himself. This is simply for my own benefit so that I know where my soldiers are and just what is going on when they are away, nothing more."

"If I may, Your Highness," Tala interjected. She nodded. "Seeing as you are not someone I could vouch for you are very likely to be a soldier. If you show exceptional skill, however, you could be working very closely with one of the generals as his second in command. Now that you know, your decision can be made without any uncertainty. " He nodded toward him then stepped aside.

The queen smiled once again. At least he was honest and in these days holding back for someone else's well being was just going to hurt them later on. Still, she hoped he would still consider it regardless of how binding the whole thing was. As she had said, it was only for her own peace of mind.

Voranimor watches her, his eyes dancing the entire time with such brilliant shine that suggest an advanced intelligence, one of which surpasses that of a scholar's mind and is thus filled with specific intelligence. A mind that was always thinking, constantly contemplating the outcomes of every movement, every word, every possible lingering effect as he listens to her speak, "So, you are empathetic?" He questions, "Such a thing is very, very unfortunate for one in power, surely you know this?" He questions, his voice soft despite the severity of his tone and his eyes linger to her own for several seconds as the General speaks, letting her know that he is already learning her, tearing apart who she is meticulously so that he can do things without worry of the outcome and he then allows his gaze to flicker to the General.

Voranimor nods as the General finishes speaking and he hesitates, "So, you mean to tell me that you will indeed fully assess me to the furthest of your capability?" He questions, slowly reaching to the Queen's hand, taking it into his own, knowing that he wont receive any further reassurances, "As long as you can understand me faster than I can you, I think we'll get along nicely." he says simply to the General before locking eyes with the Queen once more, his eyes seeming to unlock as the blue flecks spiral around his eyes.

In truth, he had several specialties of his essence, most of them psychological, though strengthened upon touch. His eyes always unlocked as he explored the inner reaches of the one he is touching, not learning who they are, but rather, what they are. This ability gave him such uncanny prowess over those he had come into contact with that he could often play them without them fully understanding that it's occurring. His eyes continue to quickly swirl until the contact is broken and then they lock back into place, growing significantly less bright as well. This was his intelligence, far from scholarly, but far surpassing most people's knowledge of others.

"...hopefully will we will be able to make him see some kind of reason. Keyword being hopefully." Leo thought to himself. He remembered what he had heard about King Truitt back when he lived in Basul. Sure, they were allies, but that didn't stop the commoners from making fun of the king, there was hardly a good word as far as he knew. But rumors will be rumors, and there is a big threat within his kingdom. Perhaps he might just listen.

So what about Leo? He was about to give an answer, when Ariette spoke. It was a heavy risk alright, and maybe it would be best for more eyewitnesses to confirm the existence and raw power of the Gifvoshu.

"Ok." Leo said, regretting his decision, but there was no turning back, at least to him there wasn't. "I'll come with you." He didn't have anything else to say, and just stared at his hands, still troubled by the decision.

Weithala, lightblue
Voranimor watches her, his eyes dancing the entire time with such brilliant shine that suggest an advanced intelligence, one of which surpasses that of a scholar's mind and is thus filled with specific intelligence. A mind that was always thinking, constantly contemplating the outcomes of every movement, every word, every possible lingering effect as he listens to her speak, "So, you are empathetic?" He questions, "Such a thing is very, very unfortunate for one in power, surely you know this?" He questions, his voice soft despite the severity of his tone and his eyes linger to her own for several seconds as the General speaks, letting her know that he is already learning her, tearing apart who she is meticulously so that he can do things without worry of the outcome and he then allows his gaze to flicker to the General.

Voranimor nods as the General finishes speaking and he hesitates, "So, you mean to tell me that you will indeed fully assess me to the furthest of your capability?" He questions, slowly reaching to the Queen's hand, taking it into his own, knowing that he wont receive any further reassurances, "As long as you can understand me faster than I can you, I think we'll get along nicely." he says simply to the General before locking eyes with the Queen once more, his eyes seeming to unlock as the blue flecks spiral around his eyes.

In truth, he had several specialties of his essence, most of them psychological, though strengthened upon touch. His eyes always unlocked as he explored the inner reaches of the one he is touching, not learning who they are, but rather, what they are. This ability gave him such uncanny prowess over those he had come into contact with that he could often play them without them fully understanding that it's occurring. His eyes continue to quickly swirl until the contact is broken and then they lock back into place, growing significantly less bright as well. This was his intelligence, far from scholarly, but far surpassing most people's knowledge of others.

She nodded with a sad smile. "Yes, I know it is. I have experienced the consequences of my empathy many times yet I cannot force myself to not care for the men and women that run into battle for us nor their families."

"We'll have to see about that." He smiled at the other man, showing off his large canines.

When Voranimor took her hand, a low light originated from her hand and a passed into his. A
small, soft blue light rose from their clasped hands and into the space between them. "May your days be long here, with us, and wherever you chose to rest your head. I hope for your triumph in battle and your return as well." Once the contact was broken the light faded and The queen took a deep breath and closed her eyes. They were slowly opened to gaze upon the large man and she gave solemn nod. "Now, if we are done here then please, follow the guards out and Tala will take care of anything else you may need. I have more pressing to attend to."

Tala inclined his head then turned toward Voranimor and the guards near the door moved to allow a smooth exit. "If there is something you would like, should it be food or drink, 'less you are frail from starvation, it will have to wait." His tone was almost mocking, but the look in his eyes was far from offensive.

Rora's Farm Dismorigan, purple
"...hopefully will we will be able to make him see some kind of reason. Keyword being hopefully." Leo thought to himself. He remembered what he had heard about King Truitt back when he lived in Basul. Sure, they were allies, but that didn't stop the commoners from making fun of the king, there was hardly a good word as far as he knew. But rumors will be rumors, and there is a big threat within his kingdom. Perhaps he might just listen.

So what about Leo? He was about to give an answer, when Ariette spoke. It was a heavy risk alright, and maybe it would be best for more eyewitnesses to confirm the existence and raw power of the Gifvoshu.

"Ok." Leo said, regretting his decision, but there was no turning back, at least to him there wasn't. "I'll come with you." He didn't have anything else to say, and just stared at his hands, still troubled by the decision.

Ariette smiled and nodded. "Your help will be very much appreciated. I look forward to working with the both of you. My companion, Calix, is still recovering at the moment. Perhaps he will back on his feet by the morning. I can only hope that we have seen the last of the Gifvoshu for the time being." She clasped her hands behind her back to hide their slight shaking.

"Ah, where are my manners? My name is Ariette. I have no intention of any of us getting into trouble that we cannot get out of. I swear you will be safe as long as you stay with us."
She looked at them both, then quickly folded her arms. "Now, what can you tell me about the capitol? Perhaps I can come up with a way to get us inside."

"Right..." all he really saw was the fire but maybe he could give details. "Uh... There was a man named..." Lune crosses his arms. "Darn it... What was it?.." Lune mutters. "Oh.. Dain, his name's Dain Galihern, he and my uncle were friends, They partnered the place that got burnt down for a while, Heard his body wasn't found though. So maybe he escaped." Lune sits in silence for a while. Of course What he said was true but perhaps he could give at least a little more information. "He and I looked into what exactly caused the twelve year calm, so I assumed that's why the pub was attacked. However...I didn't go there that night, so I'm afraid I know little about what actually happened. So perhaps The monarch's blades, or Gifvoshu, or god forgive Galihern himself are to blame for the attack." Again he was reminded of that night. It's best If he didn't speak about that right now. Lune stretched in place, trying not to yawn. "Sorry about that though, I'm regretting not knowing anything else, it's been a while since I've been working as a knight, so I'vent any idea what the talk is around here. I was Pretty sure Truitt would still execute me soon enough out of fear."

Arx sat still holding his chin in thought. "That's fine enough, maybe we can find a connection between the attack on his pub and the mechanic's shop."

The room is suddenly quiet.

Lune exhales, He'd like a little elaboration, but whatever, that can wait. Lune closes his eyes. He found the whole situation strange. His uncle calling him to central Basul, yet not being here, the attack, Dain's disappearance, that dream, and these two supposed spies, all in two days. "Aw man.." Lune frailly says under his breath, his voice filled with worry "I wonder if I'm in over my head for once..."

Voranimor watches her as the information floods into him and a small, teasing small presses on the corner of his lips as she closes her eyes and it fades as her eyes open. "Alright, thank you for seeing me, your highness." He says and he steps back, turning on his heels to face General Tala, his eyes gleaming momentarily before he squints a bit and scratches his fingers against his hand, the nails scratching it. A burning, ripping sensation tears into his palm and the veins bulge against it, his palm turning a deep, dark red. He'd been using his essence daily, multiple times a day even, and it was taking his toll, he could feel the strain on his hands, but he didn't care, he needed the information on people, he was compelled to do it. An addiction to knowledge.

"I believe I must call you sir now, correct?" He asks, his eyes shining with a terrifying intellect and he smiles wryly. "Now, where do we go from here, sir?" He asks the large man, smiling a bit and shrugs, "Food and drink? I have money, Sir. I am a mercenary, I have plenty of money." He comments with a sly grin and watches him, his eyes shining, what he'd give to be able to look into this man's head was short from anything.

"Tomorrow it is then." Rora said in agreement. There were things she would have to take care of if she planned on leaving, there was a man that lived up the road, heading towards the city that could watch her animals, make sure that they stayed fed and healthy, she also had some items that she would have get before she was willing to set out for the capital. However as she was thinking of what she was going to bring Ariette brough her back to the present.

"Hmm." She grumbled at the question. "The capitol is a maze and a tomb. The houses were not built with a plan, there are more back allies and dead ends than ten people could count." Pausing she drummed her fingers on the table trying to recall all that she knew about the city. It had been a while since she had last visited the strong hold, and it had not been the most pleasant visit she could remember. Now most of her information came from friends that she pried for details over a large mug of ale.

"The king is paranoid, and if rumors hold true the city will be crawling with guards at this point." Rora gave a slightly frustrated huff as though she was already seeing problems with a plan that had not been made. As she thought she tapped the edge of her cup against the table her frustration echoing in the hollow tap of the mug. "The might be some old friends that I can persuade to help us but we shouldn't get our hopes up. Few are foolish enough to invite trouble into their house." Here she almost smiled as she cast Ariette a side long glance, the irony of her words did not escape her. Switching her gaze to Leo she tilted her head to one side, curious to see if he had anything to add.

Rem Basul, red
"Right..." all he really saw was the fire but maybe he could give details. "Uh... There was a man named..." Lune crosses his arms. "Darn it... What was it?.." Lune mutters. "Oh.. Dain, his name's Dain Galihern, he and my uncle were friends, They partnered the place that got burnt down for a while, Heard his body wasn't found though. So maybe he escaped." Lune sits in silence for a while. Of course What he said was true but perhaps he could give at least a little more information. "He and I looked into what exactly caused the twelve year calm, so I assumed that's why the pub was attacked. However...I didn't go there that night, so I'm afraid I know little about what actually happened. So perhaps The monarch's blades, or Gifvoshu, or god forgive Galihern himself are to blame for the attack." Again he was reminded of that night. It's best If he didn't speak about that right now. Lune stretched in place, trying not to yawn. "Sorry about that though, I'm regretting not knowing anything else, it's been a while since I've been working as a knight, so I'vent any idea what the talk is around here. I was Pretty sure Truitt would still execute me soon enough out of fear."

Arx sat still holding his chin in thought. "That's fine enough, maybe we can find a connection between the attack on his pub and the mechanic's shop."

The room is suddenly quiet.

Lune exhales, He'd like a little elaboration, but whatever, that can wait. Lune closes his eyes. He found the whole situation strange. His uncle calling him to central Basul, yet not being here, the attack, Dain's disappearance, that dream, and these two supposed spies, all in two days. "Aw man.." Lune frailly says under his breath, his voice filled with worry "I wonder if I'm in over my head for once..."

Isuza closed her eyes and began to take meditative breaths. "That connection is not one of our concern. What is of our concern at the moment is figuring out how to convince the king of this impending danger. The Gifvoshu do not care for lives and we may very well wake up to news of the king and queen both having met their end. It is not only for Wiethala's sake that allies be gathered but also the king's should he desire to maintain his kingdom."

The room fell silent once again and Arx stared across the room, deep in thought. It should be simple enough to get his attention but an audience with him may be a bit more difficult. His paranoia makes him much more difficult to approach. We could always try the straight forward approach. Or...
He blinked then looked at Lune, his eyes bright with intrigue. "Tell me, Lune, did you once serve here under the king? If so you may be our way into the castle. If not then I am sure we can find another way in. He is far too paranoid to except guests, especially from a kingdom most do not think exists."

Weithala, lightblue
Weithala, lightblue
Voranimor watches her as the information floods into him and a small, teasing small presses on the corner of his lips as she closes her eyes and it fades as her eyes open. "Alright, thank you for seeing me, your highness." He says and he steps back, turning on his heels to face General Tala, his eyes gleaming momentarily before he squints a bit and scratches his fingers against his hand, the nails scratching it. A burning, ripping sensation tears into his palm and the veins bulge against it, his palm turning a deep, dark red. He'd been using his essence daily, multiple times a day even, and it was taking his toll, he could feel the strain on his hands, but he didn't care, he needed the information on people, he was compelled to do it. An addiction to knowledge.

"I believe I must call you sir now, correct?" He asks, his eyes shining with a terrifying intellect and he smiles wryly. "Now, where do we go from here, sir?" He asks the large man, smiling a bit and shrugs, "Food and drink? I have money, Sir. I am a mercenary, I have plenty of money." He comments with a sly grin and watches him, his eyes shining, what he'd give to be able to look into this man's head was short from anything.

Tala nodded then lead the way from the room and down the corridor toward the entry hall. His strides were short for his long legs yet purposeful. He moved silently through the entry hall, pausing momentarily so that the doors could be opened then marched out. "Before anything you will visit the nurse so that your essence can be recorded and measured. This will serve to ensure that both you and I know you can handle it properly without being a danger to yourself or others as well as give us information on if you need any further training to obtain that level of control. It's a mandatory examination and will be over quickly."

The infirmary was located within the forest camp and close to the dining hall. The ruins acted as a boundary for the camp and those were scattered even into the forest. Most of them were away training but some were taking a break from early morning training. As he made his way through the camp some of the others shouted from yards off and Tala raised a hand in acknowledgement. A large white cloud rose from the building marked dining hall by the tables outside and wonderful smells wafting from the open windows. Tala turned in toward the one of the renovated ruins and walked inside. He knocked on the door marked for Doctor Morsette.

The door was answered by a petite woman dressed in light blue lab coat and glasses.
"Tala, this is a surprise. Did you finally break something training with your men?"

"This is Laverne, our resident healer. Laverne, this is Voranimor and he will be joining our ranks. I need a full once over done and quickly."

"Of course. Nice to meet you. Come into my office and I will begin by getting your measurements for your uniform."

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

Lune, silent, first puts his right hand against his cheek then covers the rest of his face muttering. "Damn it...He..." He relaxes a bit. "..." Lune grabs the bed a little. "He usually treats his knights in work as well as those retired with at least a little respect, I doubt he wouldn't let me inside, but if in any case somebody doesn't, there's a way into the dungeon basements"

Arx starts to speak. "And what happens when we walk out of those basements? If a guard see's two uninvited with a retired knight-"

Lune interrupts, apologizing in the process. "Most of them won't be a problem, and perhaps on the way we can find an armory and change, as distrustful as he is, Lord Garret never paid attention to the number of knights in his hold. I know it sounds elementary, but bear with me, you two could act like escorts while I lead to the throne room. Don't worry though, on the off chance he actually happens to let all of us in, you won't have to play dress up, or maybe if we made a believable enough lie.." Lune starts to ramble to himself silently.

He follows, matching General Tala's pace, so as to stand in stride on his left side, purposely giving him the seating of honor due to his currently being in a higher position than he. He frowns as General Tala speaks, knowing full and well that his essence is growing negative quickly. He had control of it, or, he thought he did, but surely he could hold out longer. He'd likely just be told to cool it, use it less. That must be it, surely he'd be fine.

He takes a deep breath, trying to fade his growing worry, "Alright, that shan't be a problem." He replies as General Tala ends his speaking and he watches around, counting soldiers as he steps through the ruins, moving deliberately, not wishing to make a false step and trip.

He watches the soldiers out of the corners of his eyes, making a personal note not to touch
any of them until he had his gloves on, it'd be bad if he learned too much about too many people at once. Especially with the already burning pain in his hands. Little did he know that his veins on his hand were black, but slowly fading back to a blue tint once more.

He takes an inhale of the smells and raises a brow for a moment, curious as to what makes such wondrous aromas in such an establishment. One of which sends memories of death and pain to Voranimor. He makes a personal note to investigate once he can, so as to learn what causes the wonderful aromas. He looks at the door, reading the name, pronouncing it to the best of his abilities in his head so that he could properly say it when the time arrived.

He watches the woman, his eyes flickering as he watches her, trying to think of what kind of person she is without using his essence. He smirks slightly at the remark and then looks to General Tala as he speaks. "Hm, it's wonderful to meet you on such good notes." he says, remarking that maybe he'll meet her when he's much less healthy and he slowly steps forward,
smiling brilliantly. "Yes ma'am. Of course." he says and walks towards her office, waiting for her to get his measurements, glad his essence has not yet been questioned.

The blue was steadily coming back now, leaving just the veins around his knuckles and oddly enough, the veins in his palm are evident, slowly fading from view but dark black at the moment. Voranimor had still not yet noticed this.