Essential Beings

Time: Night
Long after the evening sun had set and the darkness had come over the broken lands, rain pelted down onto the heads of those unaware of the meaning. Rain can be cleansing...but a storm consists of more than just rain.

Tym, Dismorigan
The rain was heavy and cold but the festivities were not stopped. It was the one time they could forget about their troubles. Houses were opened to the public and large gathering happened inside by warm fires. Paths were made by sheets and planks of wood to allow travel through houses with little exposure to the rain. Only laughter and the smell of good food filled the air that night.

The woman that had invited Thiele to the festivities made sure she had plenty to eat. Some people at at several houses before sitting to socialize in one. Even the merchants got some of their momentary kindness. Some of the women ventured out to give them blankets and even invited them inside to sit by the fire. Of course there was the ocassional "if any of my things go missing you had better be long gone by the time I realize", but otherwise it was all very pleasant.

Weithala
A large, dark cloud could be seen in the distance from the west. It moved as if alive, the rolling motion almost seemed like crawling with parts of the cloud moving one after the other. Ambrosia watched nervously as it crawled across the sky. It would reach her island that next noon. The winds were already disturbed and blowing enough to rustle the strong trees of her forest. "Tell the people to prepare for a heavy storm. Expect the worst." Roak bowed then left to fulfill the task. "Everday I hope that I am wrong..."

Night brought more to the vanished kingdom than to the smoke ridden city across the sea that night. There were warm feelings that night as the winds brought a chill to the homes of the content civilians. Hot foods were eaten, cuddling was a sport of sorts and gatherings abounded. The storm was miles away and no one was concerned with it's impending landing on the shores. The air was humid and that made it even colder for those out that night but not as cold as the happenings elsewhere...

Tasu
The rain had come and it was a lot more than Haela had thought but still the meeting would go on. She sat before the others in as a lioness with her head held high. The others had gathered and some were still on their way but she would speak loud enough for all to hear even as they came. Demaus sat behind her in his Shiera form as well. He had wanted to come with Seriph but he had to be at the front and coming late would have been disruptive and rude.

"I have called a meeting tonight to talk about soem rather pressing matters. As you all know, food is becoming more and more scarce in this area. Our hunters are wonderful for what they do manage to catch and return to us to food our children, but we cannot survive like this. Our best option is to move closer to the mountains where there are ram, buffalo, rabbits and other prey of the plenty." Murmurs worked through the villagers. She nodded solemnly.

"At the same time that I mention this, I will mention that the humans have been acting strange lately. Our worlds are different but they still affect ours, even if we have little affect on theirs. Without the intention to cause panic, I will state my speculations after watching them for the past week. They may be planning to increase their teritory and push us out."

Murmurs turned into panicked chatter and then shouting.
"We'll kill them first and take their land!"
"We should move to the mountains! We're dying here anyway."
"Do we have a choice?"
"We need to stand up to the humans and show them we're not afraid."
"Are you crazy?! Why risk our lives for this crap land? We should move to the mountains!"

Haela opened her mouth but Demaus stepped infront of her and roared just as thunder struck in the distance. They fel silent and their attention was on the smirking mountain lion as he returned to his spot behnd her. "The humans have put us through a lot over the years I would love nothing more than to repay the pain they have caused," he went on. "But we cannot be blinded by our grief or hatred or revenge or hunger. We have to think about what we are going to do. Right now... It's either the mountain or the humans."

Murmurs resurfaced and she let them talk amongst themselves for a while. She turned to Demaus and sighed. "I think they know what's best for them," he assured her.

"I hope so."

Rem, Basul
They had remained at the mechanic's shop, as the rain had come on before Isuza had fully gotten into conversation with the man. She did not hate the weather, but it never left her feeling as refreshed as it did for others. To her, it was a bad omen. Arx now stood inside but still by the entrance. He didn't want to crowd since the man was probably still working and Isuza lingering may have been all he could tolerate for the moment. They did not intend to antagonize the man and his presence often gave that impression.

"I apologize for staying so long," Isuza said softly, her voice almost on par with the rain pelting the roof. "But I would appreciate some information from you."
Arx stared outside at the people walking with umbrellas or hooded cloaks and coats. They huddled close together, splashed in the puddles quickly created on the ground, some rushed, some took their time crossing the small bridges connecting places. His old but keen eyes scrutinized the drenched passersby. One woman carrying a wooden umbrella approached the shop. "Excuse me, is the mechanic in?"

"He is busy at the moment, do you need something repaired?" he asked carefully.

The woman smiled and went to retrieve something from her bag. "If you could give him... THIS!" Before he had time to even react, Arx was hit with the full force of a backhand at almost point blank range. He was thrown into a wall and fell in a pile of parts. "Wandering around enemy territory, are we?" The voice that spoke now was an old woman's. As she stepped into the shop the old woman fell away, leaving a trail of sand behind the younger woman that stepped into the moonlight now.

Thick, dark hair fell past her shoulder where wrappings of white and gold tied into a dress to give her a floating appearance. She raised the hand that she had hit him with. Where her hand should have been sand hissed as it formed a large mallet. "I have one assignment and I intend to see that it is complete to My Lord's wishes."
Isuza sensed the waves of a very powerful essence surging through the building. She went up to the mechanic and put a hand on his shoulder. "An intruder with full intention to do harm has just entered your building," she said in a hushed, hurried way. "Please stay here and I will do my best to see that your building remains intact." Isuza urned and raised her hands to summon a soft blue aura.

Further down the street a commotion was occuring at a tavern that had been set a flame. People were running and screaming as guards stood nearby staring forward and walking around the catastrophe. Others had come upon seeing the smoke. "What the- What are you doing?! Get the buckets!" Buckets of water were brought and thrown onto the fire that seemed unphased by the rain. A man dressed rather nicely for the grungy side of town stood nearby eating an apple and watching the panic unfold around him.

"It is so sad and I do not think I am permitted to do so, but, deep down inside I hope they can put out the fire," he said over a mouth full of apple to no one in particular. Such childish antics weren't exactly his style but he knew that would be plenty enough to throw this place off kilter. It had already been rocking on the edge of madness; a king spying on his own people? "What has this world come to?" He sighed as the roar of other fires springing up in the distance blurred in with the hard pelting rhythm of rain.

Dismorigan Castle
Lit only by the light of candles and the rare beam of moonlight, the notorious King Truitt paced his chambers nervously. As he turned to face the window a flash of lightening startled him then the figure remaining made him go cold. A shadow of a figure seemingly thrown together haphazardly as there were many extra parts to this shadowy figure. Truitt slowly lowered his shoulders and straightened his back as if any quick movements would draw it to strike.
"How did you get in here?" His voice was masked well but his hands shook at his sides.

Two small orbs the color of moonlight appeared where a face may have been etched. "Formalities with simple minded fools... No. You know why I am here. You know why I have picked this particular night. I need not explain." Suddenly a ball of darkness appeared and touched his bed. It vanished quickly and an hourglass was left sitting in it's place.

Truitt's chest tightened.He feared many things at that moment but the most prominent was his impending doom at the tightness in his chest. He looked back to the window where the shadow no longer stood. He turned in circles and found himself alone once again.

Matchtal, Dismorigan
Calix looked around the building with genuine interest in both the people and the architecture. It was an interesting place to invite a stranger for a drink but she seemed to know the owner. The rain outside made it a little cozy for him, actually. Ariette was more focused on Rora. She didn't seem the type to entertain, let alone strangers. Calix had explained what had happened earlier but she had her own ideas about why she was bothering with his company.
"Thank you for your hospitality...Rora." She nodded. "I would truly hate to burden you any further, but we will be needing a place to stay while here," Ariette said. "Our company can not accommodate all of living arrangements."

Calix watched a few people come in from the rain. One man in particular towered over the others. When he removed his hood it could be seen that it was an older man. He took a seat at the bar then Calix averted his attention back to the table. The room was suddenly much less cozy. He asked a barmaid that came by for another ale. He leaned forward on his elbows and listened to Ariette try for conversation with a smile. Sleep would be real nice after such a nice atmosphere. To think he had been worried about not finding something like this in Truitt's territory.

The stranger at the bar asked for a bowl of hearty soup and strong drink in a low voice. He looked up and down the bar with little interest. He rubbed his gloved hands together and waited patiently for his meal. When it came he thanked the man and ate in silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matchtal, Dismorigan

It had been many lonely hours as usual. It was just Leo and the order he was working on. After shaping and sharpening the sword, and chemically etching a floral pattern into the blade, Leo opened up a little stone door near his forge that said "bright blue", then put the sword inside. The tempering would take several hours, and it seemed to already be dark out, so instead of starting to work on the pen knife, Leo decided to head out for a drink.

Outside, it was raining, but Leo had spent the entire day next to his forge, so it was a pleasant surprise. He did bring a coat with him for later, but for now, a nice walk through the rain in just a shirt was more than welcome to cool off a little.
Where to go? The owner of the Dragon's Blood tavern still owed Leo a drink, and it wasn't too far away. The ale isn't too bad, and it's usually quite crowded, so there might be an opportunity for someone to lose some money.

The front door of Dragon's Blood flung open to reveal a wet Leo entering the tavern. The smell of coal and hot metal still stuck to his body, though only those near him would smell it through the soup, like Rora, Ariette and Calix. Leo sat down somewhere close to the little group since there weren't many seats left, then winked at the man behind the bar with an ugly smirk on his face. The man rolled his eyes, then poured Leo a drink. After a big gulp from his mug, Leo leaned on the bar and scanned the tavern.

Kyrie0201full1514290-1.png

The night was welcomed as it came with the promise of cool weather, and cloud coverage. The meeting had already began, and she could hear the great Lioness' voice above all the others. She spoke of the food shortages, and then on to how the human's have been acting strangely. She'd noticed it too, and the fact that she thought the humans would push them out of their territory.....well, it wasnt so far fetched. Seriph slipped out of her chair, and moved over to her door, peeking her head out of her hut too gaze upon the meeting itself. By this time, the villagers were talking among themselves. The cub slipped form her home, and into the crowd. Bobbing, and weaving through the Shiera gathered in the village center, Seriph finally made it to the Lioness, and the Cougar.

She tugged on Haela's clothes.

"Neh, I'm not staying here anymore. With or without the villagers, I'm going to Weithala, nyah." He looked up at the woman before her, and then stole a glance back at the Cougar had had visited her earlier that day. She then turned her back to them, and disappeared back into the crowd, body bobbing, and weaving through the villagers until she ran into Shana. The mouse squeaked, but then hugged her when she realized who had bumped her. She was shaking,"Seri, did you hear? The humans are gonna push us out. I'm scared." Seriph didnt really know what to tell the mouse. Icy eyes looked into deep brown ones as Shana released her from the hug. A sigh slipped from the cub's lips,"I'm leaving for Weithala tonight. You are welcome to join me, neh." With that, she patted the top of Shana's head, right between the cute little mouse ears, and then moved passed her.

She wouldnt bring anything...she didnt have anything anyway. And so, her journey started that instant.
She'd leave the village, and possibly never return.​

For a long while Rora gazed out the grimy window, watching as the rain drops raced each other to the bottom of the pane. Rain always put her in a odd mood, bit she was quick to chase the feeling away with two mugs of ale. Now nursing her third glass her mood was almost joyful, a happy drunk if ever there was one. Her face still had that serious draw, and her brows were slightly furrowed as though in thought. The only real sign of how drunk she was could be seen in the slight blush of her cheeks. Having spent the last few years away from the city, only coming over once in a blue moon, she had hardly touched alcohol. So the fact that she was getting pretty hammered from just a couple drinks was hardly surprising.

"Think nothing-hic-of it." She said giving her chest a firm pat. "I don't know if anyone will have rooms open, the caravan tends to bring everyone out." It was pretty obvious that she had missed the point of Ariette asking her. She might be a happy drunk but that did not mean that she was also a quick one. After a few long moments of thought Rora leaned forward on her elbows a quizzical look entering her eyes as though she had thought of something very clever that she wanted to share.

"However if you two don't mind a bit of a walk, I have a place where you might stay. It's not much but you will be out of the rain and it will be warm." She said with a slow nod. The fact that she was inviting two almost complete strangers to stay at her place, and that she might regret this decision the morning had only briefly flitted across her mind but it had been followed by another drink of ale so it didn't really bother her. Besides there was something different about these two, perhaps it was the fact that from what she could tell there were just on a little joy ride, tagging along with one of the caravans. As far as she was aware Dismorigan was usually the last on the list of places that people wanted to go. But no there was something else something that her reason and aggravation had kept at bay but, now that she was drunk and relaxed, was now pushing up against the out reaches of her senses.

While waiting for an answer she let her gaze shift towards the door, occasionally locking onto a passerby and following them until they were seated. For a while she watched one man seated at the bar. Something about him set the hairs on the back of her neck on end but he looked normal enough, she did not recognize his face but she could see nothing that would give cause for alarm, just a twinge in her gut that could very well have been her stomach complaining about all the ale. Her gaze was drawn away again as the door sprang open and another man entered. Even with the rich smell of soup in the air she could smell the coal smoke and almost taste the copper it came off him so strong. She couldn't remember the man's name but she recognized his face or at least remembered it enough to know that he was a blacksmith, if the smell wasn't enough of a clue, that worked not to far from here. But she was distracted again as one of the barmaids came by to take her empty mug, and to offer a fresh one.

"No more for me, I plan of getting home tonight." She said with a wave of her hand turning back to the two sitting across from her once again.

Reyn had arrived at Tasu a good deal later than he had expected. On the village apporach, the man morphed as a pair of fuzzy rabbit ears sprouted from the top of his head. Long rabbit whiskers extended from his cheeks The dark scenery looked the same as he remembered, not much had changed in the little mud hut village. A dark blanket now covered the skies, and with it came a chilled rain. Thourogly drenched and effectively a stranger in his old hometown, Reyn noticed there was a gathering of sorts. 'Must be a matter of importance to hold a gathering in the rain.' Reyn gracefully dismounted and made his way to the crowd's edge.

He could only make out bits and peices of the discussion from his position, the deluge combined with the cacophony of voices drowning out a large portion of the discussion. Over the sea of voices, Reyn heard the speaker say something about humans acting strangely and the suggestion that the entire town relocate nearer the mountains. The second seemed a grand idea, Reyn had came from the mountains and he could confirm that everything said about the food supply was true. He could also partially confirm one other thing as well; many humans had the same idea.

Should he tell them? Tell them that several humans in the past three settlements he passed through spoke much the same? No. He couldn't do that... He couldn't see speaking of his own interaction with humans here in Tasu to end well, no matter how noble the intentions. He knew the laws, he wasn't about to go about how he broke them. This tore him up inside, but there was nothing to be done.

Hysteria broke out soon after, perhaps this was the ultimatum? There was likely to be high tension in Tasu for quite some time, Reyn knew this and did not want to stay too long. Reyn turned was about to take his leave from the gather, at least he was until he heard a tiny voice from the girl standing next to him. "I'm leaving for Weithala tonight. You are welcome to join me, neh."

This concerned him, Weithala was in almost the opposite direction as the mountains and the girl used "I'm", did that mean that she was intending to go alone? How foolish could one be? He couldn't let that happen, a Shiera child wandering alone? What sort man would he be to allow that? But making a scene about it wouldn't help either; he still wasn't even sure if she was to make good on her claim.

Reyn decided the best course of action would be to follow her for now. Inconspicously, he moved the same direction. Still leading Marie, Reyn's movement were not obvious to tailing her, most would assume he had some place to be and knew where he was going. If she seriously tried to leave knew he would have to try and talk her out of it and bring her back to wherever her parents were...

• Love
Reactions: Azzy
Once the moon had started to rise Kamina escorted the little fox girl home before he himself headed for his own home which was located in the outskirts of the city. He closed the door behind him then proceeded to gently place the small box on the table and smiled at it as shadows from his fireplace danced around the carvings. "It seems like many have forgotten how I was when I was a child, father would be proud." He whispered to himself before walking over to one of the cabinets and pulled out a dried piece of meat. Kamina stuck it in his mouth and chewed on the dried treat as he walked over to a leather bag full of sand hanging from his ceiling. When he reached out and barely touched it with his finger, the bag and its contents disintegrated. "What is wrong with me? Is it some kind of curse?" He frowned then finished his meal.

The night was cold but thanks the type of animal he was Kamina barely noticed the drop in temperature, he simply played with his new bracelet as he watched the fire dance. "Against my better judgment all my instincts tell me to prepare for the worst. Something is coming our way." Power emanated around him and crackled with energy as his amber eyes flickered.

Staring at the moon through the window, Thiele found herself wide-eyed and unable to sleep. The thought of some kind of rock shining from so far away in the night sky was absolutely fascinating to her. Unlike the harsh sun, the moon could be looked at directly. It must be enormous up close... It's almost like I can see the small holes on it... yet if the holes can be seen from here on the ground... they must actually be vast pits of darkness...

While imagining the possibilities of what may exist in such desolate, yet beautifully glowing places out of reach from any living creature in the known world, Thiele drifted off to sleep for the first time in awhile.

Reactions: 2 people
Previous Rem, Basul

Tym, Dismorigan
The night went on though some had called it quits early that night. Amid the celebration they knew not of the dark figure watching from the shadows. Pathetic beings. It is as if they know nothing of the world... But I shall show them. All shall see and fear and despair! With that the shadow vanished steadily with the rain's down pour. It would be a peaceful night for the inner city.

Weithala
The queen had retreated inside to her room where she had ordered one of her bird baths be brought. Well, it resembled a bird bath anyhow; it was filled almost to the top with water. Her fingertips glowed a bright blue, almost white, and she dipped them softly into the water, creating ripples that slowly changed the reflection. The image of fire and screaming people drew her eyes wide. "No... Where are they, where-" Her voice died when the scene changed to inside the mechanic's shop. The woman in wrappings was trying to wear down one of Isuza's force fields with a relentless assault. Her hair was disappearing into a wild tornado of sand circling tight on Isuza's defense.

Ambrosia raked her fingers through the water and the image now sat on Calix and Ariette inside the tavern. She sighed heavily. "I was right." Her tone was not jovial in the least. She hoped dearly that the two in Matchtal would avoid a confrontation. he could not call out to them, though her heart wanted to warn them of the danger. She left to retrieve Roak. She dragged him from bed and made him write down a list of duties to handle in the morning. By noon tomorrow there would be guards stationed in every town, no acceptions.

As the night drew on, the cold was not the only thing rustling the leaves. Dark colored specs fell from the sky like snow. In the moonlight they almost looked liked little shadows. Wherever they landed turned grey but had no other noticeable effects. They fell until nothing was left untouched in the island kingdom. Where the enemy was baring their fangs to the West, the tail kicked up brush for fire further east.

Tasu
Haela shook the rain from her coat only for it to be soaked through within seconds. She turned around when someone drew her attention with a touch. It was Seriph. "The snow leopard," she said, a little surprised. "Neh, I'm not staying here anymore. With or without the villagers, I'm going to Weithala, nyah." Her eyes widened and she straightened her back. There was nothing she could say before the cub walked away. Demaus walked up beside her. "She's leaving the kingdom," she said flatly. "Perhaps that is best..."

The cougar gave her a quizzical look. "The cub? She's going alone? She can't make it through the border alone."

"And none of us can take her," the lioness stated quietly. "She will have to make her own allies and the only ones to make outside of this village are humans." She looked at Demaus and nodded. "Wish her the best." Then she silenced the crowds chatter to speak once more. Their faces were soaked with determination and cold rain. "What say you all now?"

"We will follow where you lead," a man she knew to be a desert lizard spoke up. The others nodded and made sounds of agreement.

"Then we will go to the mountains...tomorrow. This will give you time to prepare or at least settle any issues you have with one another. A journey such as we are about to make cannot be done with a defiled heart." She stood and descended turned her back to them.

"This meeting is over. Be prepared to leave in the morning."

Shana watched after the leopard with large eyes. Was she really leaving? Was she really going to leave her and everyone behind? She may have been small but she was not afraid. Shana ran home, of which was a hut she shared with Haela and found it empty. She grabbed a dirty bag made of deer skin and threw a blanket and one other dress inside. That was mostly what she had. She was leaving that night... Hurriedly, before rushing out of the door, she scribbled a note.

I'm going with Seriph to The Sanctuary. I think it would be good for me and I know I will not survive in the mountains... Thank you for everything, Haela. Good bye.
She left it on the floor by the door then ran in the direction she last remembered seeing Seriph go. The rain was so heavy and she was so small, it was a pitiful look of her trying to run through the rain. Who knows how far out she had gone or if she had become a full beast and took off into the night. Shana's eyes began to sting and she tried to blink away the tears. "SERI! SERIII! I want to go with you..." She was honestly afraid of staying in the village. The mountains were no place for a tiny mouse.

Matchtal, Dismorigan
The man at the counter kept drawing Calix's attention and that was cause for concern. The barmaid returned with another mug of ale for him. Ariette smiled at Rora's invite. She could say she was most amused at the woman's demeanor now. Even here a drink loosen up the most seemingly careful. She glanced to the side when Leo came in and swallowed her worry. There didn't seem to be a need for worry in Matchtal just yet. Just as she thought this a shiver ran up her spine.

The man at the bar had finished his meal and seemed ready to leave. As he stood there was a rippling affect in the air visible only to those sensitive to essence. Everyone in the tavern standing or sitting fell unconscious instantly. The barmaids, the bar keep and the customers all succumbed to the unseen force. Those above normal standards would only feel a slight numbing sensation like stretching a limb that's been held in place to long. A light emanated from Calix's hands as he stood. He grasped the air and two dark green tonfas materialized in his hands.

The man removed the wet cloak and tossed it onto a table. Beneath it was a sleeveless black robe. He wore no shoes and the pants he wore looked to be in need of a tailor, they were loose around his legs. "I was expecting someone to approach me but I see that your deception is stronger than your moral code." He looked at the young man across from him as if he were only an image conjured by his mind. "Or has your inexperience caused you to let your guard down."

This made a vein in Calix's forehead throb. Ariette stood next to him and brandished three knives fanned between her fingers. "There is no conversation to humor you here," she stated as she flung the knives toward him. Despite his appearance he was very agile. Before either had time to react he had closed the space between them and grabbed one by the face, the other by the throat. Calix was thrown across the room into the bar and Ariette was smashed into the table they sat at, head first.

"The path you are on leads to only one end," he said as he held her face in the ground. "One wistful queen and a bunch of children cannot change that."

"And yet you're here," Calix shouted as he launched himself from the bar and landed a kick in his back. He fell backward but his adversary was not phased by the attack. He lifted his partner from the floor and threw her at him, sending both back into the bar. "If this is what I have come for then it is true, the next generation shall be the end of all days." He paid no mind to the others in the room as they were not his target and as far as he was concerned, posed no threat, much like his intended foes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Rora had just about had enough. When the stranger had first used his essence she had glanced down at her hands in mild concern slightly put off by the fact that they felt like she had been lying on them. That had changed to a deeper concern as the waitress just to her right had suddenly taken a nose dive towards the floor. Jumping up she had caught the girl before she hit the floor but as she looked around she was astounded to see that the girl wasn't the only one that had been suddenly knocked unconscious. Almost every single person in the bar was either slumped against their tables or on the floor completely oblivious to the world around them, almost everyone.

Now open mouthed Rora turned to look at Calix and Ariette, waitress still slumped in her arms, checking to see if they were still conscious, and if so if they had any clue as to what in the hell was going on. That was until she saw the two shapes that suddenly materialized into Calix's hands. In an instant her mouth snapped shut, her lips forming a hard thin line, her eyes transfixed onto the glowing tonfas in Calix's hands. Internally she was screaming, flashes of what had happened last time someone she was with was caught openly using essence darted through mind. It took her a few moments to snap back to reality and when she did her expression hardened even further. For someone who had been happy and drunk just a few moments earlier she moved quickly and coldly managing to get out from the table just as the stranger smashed Ariette into it. Carefully she placed the waitress out of the way, off in a corner where she would most likely remain unhurt, hopefully. Then she turned to face the attacker.

At least she was facing him, the tall man actually had his back to her something that both pleased and irked her as it meant she had an advantage but it also meant that he did not consider her enough of a threat to even bother looking at. Already her mind was beginning to churn, working through the haze of booze to prepare her for what she about to do. With a sudden snap of her hand all the essence that had been bubbling inside of her for most of that day sprang gleefully to her fingertips expanding out and taking the form of a grey boar spear. Experience told her that she wouldn't last long if she got in close with this guy, and yet the tavern was to small to accommodate something like a pike. So she settled for something with a bit of reach that was not going to get stuck in the ceiling. Even as she brandished the weapon she had called from her minds eye her mind was still screaming and yelling at her for even considering using her essence in a place like Matchtal, there was not enough contacts in the world that could bail her out if she was seen by the wrong person.

But Calix and Ariette looked like they were in serious trouble and this guy was really just starting to piss her off. Taking a low stance she thrust her weapon forward aiming for the man's shoulder before retreating back a few steps. She did not aim for a vital spot at this point, she would rather like to hear what this man had to say for himself, but then again she was doing her very best to slow the guy down. Carefully she positioned herself, paying extra attention to how she was balanced and what was around her feet. Drunk as she was she couldn't really afford having herself knocked off balance either by attack or by stepping on something unstable.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

It was the usual folks over at the tavern. Poor drunks who could barely afford their ales. Leo would know, some have tried to haggle items out of him, which was the reason he came here in the first place. But someone has to be the worst, and every city will have their fair share of poor people. At least it's better over here than in Basul.

Leo was overviewing the tavern when the man stood, and saw most of the people present drop to the floor at the same time. It was just him and four others still here, one of them had to have caused this. Frightened, Leo jumped out of his stool and backed away from the man next to him, bumping into an unconscious person. The poor guy promptly fell to the floor, spilling his own drink over himself as he lay there on the floor.
As Leo tried to open his mouth, he noticed Calix create two tonfas out of thin air. He didn't mind the essence manifestation, even if they were currently in Dismorigan, but a fight was sure to occur within seconds. While Leo didn't mind a good brawl, these people weren't your ordinary people and he wasn't skilled enough to conjure a weapon, so the best course of action was to hide behind the bar.

Some words were exchanged, but Leo decided he was safe behind the bar, crouched down next to the barkeep. The fight Leo had anticipated began. It made him feel better, knowing they weren't after him alone. Still, they might come for him later.
Leo crawled on the floor, looking for some sort of weapon to defend himself with, but found nothing. Instead, he snatched the barkeep's money pouch, then shot up when he heard something slam into the bar. Apparently, it was the two people that were with Miss Rora. Leo began to sweat nervously, hoping he wouldn't be next.

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

"Well that was Physically a pile of worthlessness... " Lune notices the smell of burnt wood. "What the hell?... who'd be burning wood in the rain?" Lune steadily rushes back to the inn. Of course, that was before he saw the flames that had engulfed a pub near by... the very pub he went to earlier. Lune darts towards the pub.
"Dain... Shit!" the Journal... I couldn't possibly go looking for them, the place is in shambles. Lune decides that it's best to let it burn. (unless, they've been stolen) From the look of things if the old tender wasn't dead, he'd be out. Maybe he took the journal with him, but Lune had no time to dawdle around. There had to be a reason the pub was set ablaze, but Lune wasn't one to get tangled up in lies and secrets, It's bad enough that he was mistaken for the likes of a traitor a year back.

Lune headed back to the Inn. "I'm going early in the morning, there's something I have to figure out" If Dain's body is found, then it's almost key that Lune finds the journal. An explorer from earlier times wrote it in a foreign language, similar to the foreign language he saw etched into the coffee table. The tender was able to read the language, said his great grandfather's friend found it, and assumed Lune a traveler. So Dain began to translate the language, saying something of essence being a rarity, but extremely dangerous. Lune assumed that being old talk as there are many more beings able to use their essence however, It was seemingly a rarity back then, and grew generally weaker over time.

Lune drew a conclusion. Essences may be separated as a network.
However, Something confused him. Why was it that some essences were stronger than others? Lune wrote his theory down and headed to bed. "Talk about a profession change... I know too much.."

Once the power surrounding Kamina finally died down he let out an exhausted sigh before getting up and feeding the fire more wood. He though about possibly going out tonight in his tiger form to do some night time hunting until he remembered his other side became rowdy at night so maybe it wasn't such a good idea to allow that side of him to taste blood; regardless of its origin. The tiger shiera raised his right hand, palm side up, and studied it as power emanated from it; begging to be used in some way. "I think I have heard stories about this but I cannot seem to remember its name. Maybe I should ask around the town tomorrow, maybe someone will know." Kamina mumbled then allowed his hand to drop back to his side. He looked out his window, gauging the time from the stars then yawned.

"I better get some rest then, who knows what tomorrow will bring for me." The young male mumbled then walked into his bedroom. Without even bothering to strip his clothes off, he simply curled up on his bed and drifted off to sleep.

Rem, Basul
The fires raged on as the towns people eventually calmed and actually tried to put them out. The guards staring into the distance finally came to their senses and helped as well. For now, the perpetrators were far from their city. They stood as shadows, one noticeably taller than the other.

"That was fun but I wanted to kill off a few of them at least, cause a little panick, you know?"

"Doing any more than what he said would only put you on his bad side and I would not defend you like before. This is nothing like before... Retreat for now. Mafuane will meet us when she has finished her task."
Isuza was doing her best to force the intruder from the mechanic's shop. She ran against Mafuane's skin tearing sand attacks and was pushing her slowly toward the open doors. "Arx, I would do with some assistance," she grunted as the other woman began to stir a wind around her. Isuza quickly put up a shield around herself. Arx charged past her and tackled Mafuane. She was thrown outside and dispersed in a splash of sand. Isuza let down her defenses and turned to look at her partner.

Arx's essence had manifested as armor that had quite a few scratches on it now. "This is not the end, but I have fulfilled my purpose." Mafuane had reformed her body but the rain had soaked her sandy form to the look of sand by the ocean. "You may consider this a victoryif you will." With that she was slowly broken down by the rain and washed away into the streets. The Weithalian's looked knowing at each other. Isuza returned to the mechanic, gave a swift apology and promise for repairs to any danmage from their battle. They hurried out into the rain just as the fires were beginning to die down.

Matchtal, Dismorigan
Ariette's head was swimming to say the least. She was slumped against the bar now, watching Calix attempt to put a scratch on the large, almost bearlike in her opinion, man. He was dodging his attacks easily enough. Her attention vaguely fell to his gloves. Usually this wasn't much of a thing to notice but this was not any gentleman. He wore no footwear and did not look a bit cultured, but he bothered to wear gloves as if he were someone acceptable to society. She made a mental note of this feature but that was all she could manage for a while.

Amidst Calix's striking and dodging, he caught a glimpse of a spear launching from seemingly no where to his eyes. He kept him distracted and jumped back just as the spear made contact with his should. The older man's body jerked forward in the impact but nothing more seemed to happen. He sighed then slowly began to remove one of the gloves. At the bar Ariette glared at the display.

This man strained himself reaching back with his bare hand and gripped the spear. He growled low in his throat as his the spear began to dissintergrate in his hands. As it did so, the wound sustained was healed. Calix watched with wide eyes. "That's not possible... You can't just take someone's essence like that."

"And I did not," the man said. "As I will not explain myself to lowly servants of a Queen who spouts hipocracy."

Ariette narrowed her eyes but her body was still aching from the impact earlier and her head ached so badly just from the gesture of her eyes. The man then turned to Rora. and reached out the ungloved hand. "You, however small your part, will not be left to interfere."

"Rora! Don't let him touch you," Calix shouted.

Ariette felt her own emotions line up with someone else's in the room. Besides the four of them, she couldn't remember seeing another. "You had better run while you can," she shouted. "You are not safe here. You should get out and get help, find a guard or something or other." Perhaps the sight of another would drive him off. At the moment he seemed bent on leaving one less person alive in this room and her body was not working as she would have liked.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

Leo kept looking for something, whilst listening to what was going on at the other side of the counter. It sounded like Rora's friends weren't handling the situation too well, only one of them got up after they hit the bar. Without a proper weapon, he'd end up just like them, but Leo only found a dull kitchen knife. No, that wouldn't do. Why didn't he just take his sword with him? Leo nearly slammed his fist on the floor in frustration, but that would probably reveal him.

Meanwhile, the fight had momentarily ceased again, it seemed, for more words were being exchanged and this time Rora was targeted. "Don't let him touch you? What is that guy doing? They're not safe, I must do something." Leo thought to himself, looked upon the knife, then sighed. He jumped up on the counter, standing tall in an attempt to be intimidating as he created a hammer in his right hand. It was slightly larger than what he usually works with, but still rather small for a weapon.
"Don't you dare touch her!" He yelled throughout the tavern. "I advise you to get out, now!"

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

The sound of rain was the theme pulsing through Lune's thoughts. Lune was dazed, as if he had just woken up. He couldn't quite open his eyes, they felt heavy. He felt like there was something pressing his eyes, trying to keep them shut. Then he heard a voice, no voices, that grew more and more aggressive the more he tried to open his eyes.

"Accept it... Accept It..."

Lune recognized the voices, but he couldn't quite remember from where. If only he could open his eyes. Lune grew frustrated and strained to open his eyes.
his eyes snapped open. Lune wasn't in Rem anymore, but he was in a familiar setting. He was on the cliffs... along with three others.

"The four children that sat upon cliffs."

"Three were chosen to die, so that one could live."

"Accept it Lune, Your essence"

Lune opened his mouth but could not speak. He wanted to say that by accepting his essence he'd open himself to self harm. But something wouldn't let him speak, he believed it was his nerve.

"Learn from the mistakes we made, Lune"

It was simple, Four foolish kids that had a foolish dream. The dream of excelling at the use of their essence. One failed, three succeeded, those three became grotesque beasts unable to handle their existence. The prosperous died, the unaccomplished survived. This is what scarred Lune. Why was he not one to die? He thought maybe acting as a knight would be his way to atone for unconsciously letting his friends die, but this message... maybe it's just a dream, or maybe fate, has been waiting for the correct moment for him to awaken his essence. Lune was conflicted, he'd heard stories of Gifvoshu entering dreams but never would he have guessed a dream featuring the dead to be this... pleasant. Oddly enough, yes, he found this dream pleasant, more pleasant than the dreams he usually have.
Lune, confused and generally nervous about the affair, started to turn around as he always does when contemplating things. The setting suddenly changed to the bed he was in.
"What in the name of Phaerin..."

Lune was in Rem, but not his Rem, not the everyday Rem that he'd come to despise (although It was pretty close.)

"Where did everyone go?"

Lune walked out of his guest room, seeing writing all over the wall "No further" and "Stop" written everywhere.
Yet another message for Lune, but he couldn't quite understand why he was getting two different messages from the same dream, until he noticed a pure hand touch his back. the hand was feminine and warm to the touch. The writing suddenly changed to more mellow colors. "Be careful, in your choices."and "They may inevitably end in your death.." were now on the wall. Lune froze as he heard the words: "Fear not, my dear Lune, for upon my death, I whispered your name. I will protect you, my son.."

Lune jumped awake from what seemed like an eternity. Rubbed his eyes and rushed straight to the window. People.. There were people. At least he wasn't stuck in that ridiculous temporary hell anymore.

• Love
Rora had been twisting the handle of the spear, trying to keep the pressure on so that he would be able to move, as the man reached back with one massive hand. What happened next astonished her, the second the man's hand connected with her spear it started to disintegrate. No matter how hard she tried the spear wouldn't keep its shape until finally it simply winked out of existence. Had she not been completely shocked Rora would most likely have been absolutely furious, whether with the man or herself it was hard to say but she could hardly believe what had just happened. Slowly she blinked her brain taking time to register the hand moving towards her through that continuing haze of booze. Thankfully she managed to react just as Calix screamed at her.

Throwing herself backwards, away from the reaching hand she collided with one of the now vacant tables that were scattered throughout the tavern. With one hand she gripped the side and spun it around so that it was in front of her, then lifting it up she tossed it at the man moving towards her. Two chairs quickly followed suit as she moved backwards at a stumbling pace heading for the door.

"Don't any of you die, and be ready when I get back." she said as she finally reached the door. In truth she wanted to stay but as it was there were not doing to well against this guy, a bit more muscle might level the playing field. That being said she hoped that they were all ready for when she did bring someone back, if they were caught using essence there would be hell to pay.

Throwing her shoulder against the door Rora bolted out into the street eyes narrowed against the rain as she searched for a guard. The weather had driven most inside, and had also muffled the sounds of their own struggle. Thankfully Rora had a pretty good idea where she would be able to find a couple of guards. Sure enough as she turned the corner about half a block from the Dragon's Blood tavern there were two guards standing under an overhang trying to avoid the worst of the weather. One of the guards was rather young, probably a new recruit, and Rora did not recognize him, the other one was an older guard member with salt and pepper hair and a square set jaw, he she recognized.

"Hey! Tain! there's trouble in The Blood. Some big bastard thinks he can smash up the place!" She said. Turning the guards started running towards her, the younger one complaining until Tain gave him a sound thump on the side of the head. Together all three headed towards the tavern, and as they reaced the door Rora just hoped that this would not end to horribly.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

He knocked the table away but then stumbled back from the chairs' follow up. Calix ran up behind him, got one arm around his neck and forced his left tonfa against his throat. The other's end was shoved into the small of his back and for a moment the large man was immobilized. He towered over Calix so he was just barely standing while holding the position. "Why are you doing this? Why show yourself now?"

His adversary reached back with his exposed hand and Calix jumped back. "I am Jaya the Sage. Where your youth fails you, my experience would flourish. If I was in your position I would have killed you."

"That isn't what I came here to do."

He stepped forward and vanished, leaving his voice to reverberate around the room. "Of course not. You came to talk." He reappeared behind Calix and grabbed him by the throat. "But no one has ever won a war by talking." His grip tightened until Calix's breathing sounded like nothing more than air being forced in and out of a tube. "Tell your foolish queen there will be a war and her people will die. She will watch her people die and the world come under The Master's control...then she will die alone." Jaya shoved Calix into the wall, both breaking a large hole in it and throwing him outside.

There were people just outside the door so he left through a back entrance. It would have been troublesome to be seen by anyone else. Ariette slowly made her way over to Calix. "Things are now in motion..."

The rain has passed and only puddles remain in it's wake. There is a heavy truth that no one ruler can deny. The time has come.

Chapter Two: Feigning Innocence
Time: Morning,
the day has yet to reach it's peak in heat

Tasu Village

Haela stood in the outskirts of the village gazing at their destination. The mountains. The decision was made to leave and so leave they would. There was smoke seen in the distance last night and it had made them all the more anxious. None could bare the thought or waking up to burning straw and wood all around. In the mountains they could be safe and there was more prey around the mountain's base and caves. It was better for them physically and mentally.

The village's few occupants gathered at the outskirts and Haela waited a little longer to make sure everyone had come. Demaus had not yet arrived. She did not want anyone going it alone. Demaus looked aroundthe town to make sure no one was getting left behind. He checked back through every home from one end to the other. "Looks like everyone's out..." An unfamiliar scent blew by on a breeze and he set out to find it.

Following the scent he ended up outside the village but not where the others were. It was the sent of another Shiera but not one he recognized. He assumed him to be from the city since he was wearing clothes that made him seem...better off. Though even that was hard to tell considering the state they were in. He was more likely from Matchtal. Then why would he be here?

Demaus approached the Shiera. "Hey, who are you? What are you doing here? I've never seen you around here before but the village is abandoned now, we're leaving. You're free to come along. I don't think Haela would mind. Either way, I suggest you get as far from here as possible." He knew he was late and the stranger was probably not interested, if he assumed correctly, so he ran to join the others on the other side of the village.

Haela was just about to leave when Demaus came running up. "I'm sorry, I was making sure everyone was here," he panted. "The village is empty."
She nodded. "Let's move out. Help anyone who can't to keep up. We're moving together and we'll get there together."

Weithala

That morning was not as bright as past sunrises and the queen saw this. Guards had been placed in every town for security purposes. Most people knew at least one of the soldiers so the atmosphere hopefully wouldn't be too tense. She had received a message early that morning from Isuza about the incident and the same from Ariette. The Gifvoshu had attacked but Basul and Dismorigan the night before. Hopefully they had managed to not reveal themselves during the encounter. Calix and Ariette were in more danger than Isuza and Arx but the wrath of either king was not easily dissuaded.

The clouds had dissipated into thin grey clouds now that they had passed over the neighboring kingdoms. It eased her quite a bit but she had seen the smoke last night. There was also a strange difference in her own kingdom. It felt...off. She could not put her finger on it but there was something different about the forest... Within the bearings of the trees there was a low mist or fog floating near the forest floor.

Rem, Basul

Debris and ash was scattered all over the large city by day break. Some buildings were obviously burnt while others had only been licked by the flames. The sky was still grey with smoke and despite their familiarity with smokey skies, it made life a fair bit harder on the citizens. Shops were forced to keep their windows lit even in the daylight. The buildings were being inspected now as a call had been put out for arsonist. This play of events, needless to say, has pushed their young king over the edge.

Isuza kept her head low as they walked through the streets, Arx looked over the scene with a frown. Things were not going well. They've made their move. We know they're here now. They had attacked so boldy, though there was a distraction. That woman had gone specifically come to them. What's our move now?

"Arx," Isuza spoke up suddenly. "I do think we should abandon our assignment as it is. It is not safe. We were supposed to find evidence of their return and we have. Staying her any longer will only expose us to further risk that can be avoided."

Arx may have been listening somewhat, but not completely. His mind was working over the situation. "This may come as a shock to you, Lady Isuza, but the most work is done with risks involved."

She shook her head. "If something happens we may not be able to get ourselves out of trouble." Isuza moved closer to him. "If one of the king's spies saw what happened in that repair shop then we may be in very real danger." Her expression was stern when he looked at her. "At least let us take refuge for a few hour's time. Allow things to calm and then come back."

"This will not be calm after a few mere hours, Milady. But if you need time then we will rest."

Isuza pulled him into the first inn she saw and paid for a room. The innkeeper seemed just about as troubled as she was. She called to Arx and he followed her up to their room. It wouldn't be too long, just long enough for things to calm a bit. She looked out the window and saw nothing but smoke.

Tym, Dismorigan

There were only two more days until the caravans would arrive and just enough food to last until then. The celebration had been successful in lightening their spirits. That is, until a rider on a black horse entered the city from the north where the castle loomed. The children were hurried inside and put away while the adults gathered in the square. No news from the castle was ever good new.

"The news of war has reached our shores. The king wishes for all men who are well and able bodied to report to the castle by nightfall. His Majesty has promised immunity and protection to those who join his ranks. Those who refuse will be left to their fate."

"What? What about a war?"

"What are you talking about?!"

"Immunity?"

"Why would we need immunity?"

The murmurs rose but the messenger said nothing more and returned the way he had come. The calm air had dissipated, leaving the people flustered and scared. They had no idea what has happening out in the world beyond their city. Talk of leaving for Basul was quickly brought to the forefront of the easily escalating conversations. It was rash and not the best of ideas, as most were not strong enough for such a trek, but staying there meant almost certain death.

The king would take the men and boys, to join his army and leave the women and children to fend for themselves. Without ever having met the man they were certain of his actions and intentions. He was not hard to read. They made plans to gather later on, once the situation had set in, and talk it over sensibly.

____________________________________________​

Matchtal, Dismorigan

There had been no damage to any other buildings so the Dragon's Blood Tavern was a site for excitement bit by bit throughout the day. Rumors were conjured up about the reasons for the wreckage but no one took it seriously or put much thought to it. The guards throughout the town were warned to keep an eye out for suspicious characters. Ariette had given them a description but knew they wouldn't find him. He was long gone, even before they had arrived. She honestly hoped it stayed that way.

Since sunrise the town was back to being a charming, lively place. The rain had left the streets wet and the vendors much cooler than the previous day. No one knew what terror had befallen them or the foreshadowing nature of the events that occured.

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

"Get over it.. it was just some silly dream!"
Sitting in the bed for hours, Lune was pondering over his dream. He was clearly asleep at the time but he felt like he was awake, he felt undoubtedly awake. Maybe all this pent up stress of his dead parents and his dead friends was finally getting to him, or maybe like he'd thought last night, Gifvoshu. He decided to try and avert his attention from those thoughts, he instead looked at his notes, then to the vanished flames. He suddenly felt horrible, what if Dain was in that fire? "Ugh! You're a fool Lune, Damn it all!" Dying in a fire is one of the worst ways to go, and all because of his anxiety. "I'm such a-" Lune sighs. "Alright.. calm down.. things happen.." Lune stomach growls lowly. Lune slowly trails into a laughter. "I guess I'm hungry... Time to head downstairs." Lune trips getting up, almost knocking over a lamp. "Ok, ok, you don't want to accidentally break something.." Lune holds his head for a while, getting out of the bed that quickly caused him to get a minor head ache as all. He headed downstairs to say his hellos and eat breakfast.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

The peaceful air that filled Rora's house was broken as the owner herself came stomping through the front door. She had woken before sunrise with a headache, the result of fair to much booze, and had wandered downstairs to find figures asleep in her guest beds. It had taken her a moment to remember why they were there, and who they were for that matter, once she remembered she wished she hadn't. But there was little that she could do now, so she had headed for the kitchen and after making a small fire in the fireplace she had grabbed some buckets from beside the door and had trudged outside to take care of her animals. The house itself was not so modest as she had made it out to be, with a kitchen, master bedroom, two guest bedrooms, and root cellar, not to mention the barn and paddock. All were furnished simply but cozily with thick woven mats on the floor and dark wood fixtures for every room. The kitchen was by far the biggest room and boasted a fair sized dinning table, large fire place, a counter, and rough stone floors held the dust that was constantly tracked into the house. There were even springs of herbs attached to the ceiling to dry before Rora would crush them and add them to whatever she happened to be cooking.

Morning was well and truly begun by the time she came back inside, her boots already dirty from the morning chores. Placing the buckets back in their spot by the door she headed to the kitchen table and sat down at it with a heavy sigh. She knew that she should probably go and talk to Calix and Ariette about what in the hell had happened last night but she needed a moment to decompress before she faced those strangers turned allies. And not to mention that other man, Leo, that had ended up being an essence user as well. She had walked past his shop many a time, even been inside once or twice but she had never suspected. Taking off her coat to reveal her grey sleeveless undershirt she tossed the bit of clothing over the back of her chair. Leaning forward she placed her forehead on the cool surface of the table and ran her hands through her hair. The headache was coming back again.

With another deep sigh she sat up again and pulled a strip of cloth out of an inner pocket and used it to tie her hair up and out of the way. Once that was done she got to her feet and headed towards the fire, breakfast was not going to be made by sitting with your head against the table. With her hair up and with only her undershirt covering her torso there was a very clear view of the mark that stained her shoulder. It was the mark of Dismorigan however it was marred by a large x shaped scar that shone white against the black ink.

Last edited:
  • Love
Weithala
Voranimor wakes with a start and immediately observes the area, memories flooding his mind of the night prior. He vaguely remembered drinking a fair amount of liquor before a man tried to get the best of him in terms of intellect. He had remembered causing the man to look like a fool despite his own drunken appearance and that the man had attempted to swing at him, past that all he remembered were blurs but he was fairly confident that he had beaten the man and was then kicked out of the pub, which would explain his present situation of being asleep in an inn room. All this being noted in just seconds he slowly sat upright in the small bed, it's covers dank, be it from his own sweat or some other factor of this peculiar place he was not quite sure. He sat there on the side of his bed for a few moments, arranging his thoughts before eventually standing, the covers falling off his nude and muscular body. He begins to walk over to his bag, which was set underneath a dresser in the corner of the room. "Odd." He says, "Perhaps I did more than just drink..?" He questions himself, saying it out loud so as to exercise his voice. He lifts the bag and searches through it until he finds a gray tinted tunic and breeches. He quickly pulls them on, not bothering with under garments as he was never the type of man to wear them and he pulls on his socks, which were needed for the rough insides of his leather boots. He then pulled the boots on soon after, arranging the rest of his gear as well, including a rather large knife on his hip and a knife holstered in each boot. He was not one to take chances.

He began to walk out of the room as a plant caught his eye and he peers at it, raising a brow, "Hm... I did have something else." He says, hinting at something before walking out of the room and closing the door, his coin purse in hand so that he may pay for another few nights in the inn. He quite enjoyed quiet inns like this one. He walked out of the inn and peered around for a few moments, wondering what activities he should partake in today, he quickly removed the idea of drinking from his list of daily events, that was something best not added until later that night.

Last edited: