Essential Beings

Rora's farm, outside Matchtal

"The name's Leo Miltall. And the only trouble I'm afraid of is the Gifvoshu, so I don't know how safe I can be around you."
Leo said. Already, he was thinking about the letters of apology for the customers that had ordered some trinket or another, and he had to deliver that sword he finished just the other day. Would they be walking to the capitol, or move by horse? "I don't know anything about the capitol. I reign from Basul, and I've never been outside ever since I moved here. How far away is it? Will we be moving by horse, because the one I came with here is rented."

Afternoon, orange
Rem Basul, red
Arx rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"He will most likely put us out should he discover we meant to decieve him," Isuza replied calmly.

"Or we could tell him the truth and let him come to his own conclusions. He isn't likely to believe our story either," Arx said with a sigh. "Perhaps we should save this for another time, when we have more to go on than our word. He'd rather believe we started the fires ourselves elsewise." He shook his head sadly. "We can only hope that the Gifvoshu stay hidden until that time."

Isuza took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. "So we should wait for another attack?" She shook her head. "I think our course should be just as we have planned. If all else fails, then we let the queen speak with him. There is little time and he has been idle for far too long."

Rora's Farm, purple
"The name's Leo Miltall. And the only trouble I'm afraid of is the Gifvoshu, so I don't know how safe I can be around you."

Ariette gave a small smile at that. "In that case I understand your fear. The only thing I can promise from that point is that I will do all that I can to give you a chance at surviving the encounter should we be in another situation like that." It was all she could offer at the time. They had a task to complete before returning to Weithala's shores. Then they would be safer than anywhere else.

She nodded slowly as she thought over what Rora said. "Surely it will be easier planning if we could see this place," she said after a while. "I will make sure Calix is well enough to travel tomorrow. Make sure you have everything ready. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

Weithala, lightblue
Laverne quickly took his measurements and charted them. "The seamtresses should be doing this but I have to give you a clean certificate of health so it goes out with that to the record keeper," she sighed. As she finished writing she went into one of the many drawers her desk contained and brought out a small sphere that just fit in the palm of her hand. "Alright, I need you to work up a sweat. Do you train at home? What do you do? Whatever it is, do it until you've worked up a sweat."

She held up the sphere for him to see. "This little device is called lïmpach(lee-m-pah-ch[as in lochness]), which is Quampo for drain. Give it a little squeeze and it will extract a small bit of your essence. This is easier to do when you've worked out some of your energy. It's just pouring out after a good workout." She sat down in her chair and placed the lïmpach on her desk to wait for him to tire himself out, which hopefully wouldn't take long.

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

Lune squints his eyes a little." Yeah, waiting would most definitely conflict with whatever little time there is..." Says Lune unintentionally harshly. "But as you said, perhaps trying the first option, honesty, after a while wouldn't be too bad. If he at least allows himself to, The King, could hear the genuineness of the words you need to say." He scratches his head. Still on the chance he didn't, and on the chance he doesn't let Weithala's queen talk some sense into him, the inhabitants would probably revolt upon learning what's going on... "... And what if both appeals fail?" Lune asks, hearing a slight choke not soon after.

Asuza crosses her arms. "If both requests fail, then Basul, and maybe all of it's lower land's governments, will crumble, and that is all to it."

"It really depends, the king would surely react upon himself being attacked, but by then, it'd be too late I'm afraid."
"Gifvoshu are really like the stories huh... Then..." Lune halts at a lost for words, something inside of him wanted to ask Then why are we even trying? But he knew why, he almost felt daft for even thinking It. Survival, it's always been because of that. Perhaps he really had mellowed down in those two years. He closes his eyes for a few seconds"Tis a shame, If the Lord's flame wasn't so damned stubborn, We'd still be allies and this would truly be far too much of ease..."

Voranimor smiles at Laverne as she measures him, becoming complacent as she takes his measurements, having become accustomed to such activities throughout his line of work. Of course, having become accustomed to this, he also knew that this was odd, he had never been measured for uniform by a doctor. He nods as she speaks, "Ah, I see. That makes much more sense." He says, rolling his shoulders to relax as she finishes and he watches the small sphere, one of which he did not like the sight of. He had never been measured like this, due to the fact he was a mercenary and they trusted that he could take care of himself. It was his life after all. Weaker people were rarely ever in his line of work past a single war, they were always killed quickly. "I train at home." He says simply.

He nods as he considers what to do, he wasn't used to sweating through a simple, self workout, normally he would sweat in workouts involving more than just he. Spars and the like, those were the cardiovascular workouts that he was most involved in. He scours his mind as he explains the sphere, what the name means, and how to use it. He nods and emerges with an idea. His arm workouts would work a sweat on him if he was spontaneous enough.

He drops down to the ground, landing heavily on his hands, extending his body lengthwise as if he were a plank and he lowers himself, almost as if he just went weightless, though, dropping at the same speed as any man due to the laws of gravity. He falls until his torso is almost a centimeter from the ground, almost touching before he suddenly forces himself back up, but instead of stopping at his full extension he jumps up, flipping himself over and landing on his hands again, having down a full rotation. He continues to do this for several minutes before he changes his maneuver. He throws himself up again until he is standing and he forces himself to fall back down, repeating this over and over again until he begins to struggle, growing tense even. His muscles tremble and buckle as he begins to sweat and he keeps moving, he was used to over-exerting himself, even forcing himself to go past his breaking point through his combat experience.

He stops and stands up, feeling the sweat on his legs, unable to free itself through his leggings. His breathing is harsh and sharp, his chest heaving now as he watches the doctor, his large muscles tense from the workout and he looks at her, "So, is this good enough?" He questions, unsure to how long he had been workout out, though it must have been ten or twenty minutes of just pure arm workouts. He holds his breath to calm his breathing and heart beat, which he can feel thudding heavily in his chest and he can hear it in his ears. he keeps holding his breath, feeling the strain on his chest and he hears and feels his heartbeat slow down to a normal tempo and he lets out his breath, breathing slowly now. He was quite good at this, taking only a minute or two to calm down before re-entering the fray.

He crosses his arms over his large, burly chest, watching her as he does so, trying to stay relaxed so that he will be able to participate in any activity as if he were still fresh later. A mindset adapted from his line of work. A fresh fighter lives, a tired fighter dies. It's a simple enough law as this, but one definitely worth following and evene volved into one's day to day life if they could. Being tired could kill you, almost indefinitely it could, it could cause you to grow clumsy, or inbalanced. He had seen it, carpenters, masons and smiths who all harmed themselves due to rushing themselves or growing tired on their jobs. It was uncommon to see from experienced workers, because they would not have lasted long if they were not experienced, but among apprentices, people were wounded quite often.

"I have an old cart and a horse." Rora said in answer to Leo. "It shouldn't take us to long to get to the capitol. Longer than I would like but not to long." With a nod to Ariette she got to her feet and headed towards the door, grabbing a cloak as she went.

"I am heading to the next farm over, I will not be gone long." And with that she left. It would be nearly an hour before she returned. Her nearest neighbor was an older man that lived in a small wooden house with his two sons. Since she had a feeling that she might be gone for a while she had simply asked him to watch her small flock until she returned. The man had been a little grumpy but Rora paid well enough that he had readily agreed. When she returned she bustled around the house and barn, organizing, straightening, and packing until finally she found herself once again in the kitchen. Moving one of the far corner she banged her fist firmly against the far most plank. The strip of wood sprung free from where it had been wedged and from the hollowed space behind the board she drew out a long parcel wrapped in a brown cloth.

Bringing it to the table she unwrapped it to reveal an assortment of weapons. Most were standard bladed weapons, daggers, swords, throwing knives. However among the selection were two pike heads, a weighted ball attached to a long chain, and a long very fine piece of wire. All but one of the daggers were very plain and should signs that they had seen heavy use. Rora's hand first found the hilt of the sword, and lifting the heavy blade she pulled it a few inches from its scabbard, testing the edge with her thumb. Satisfied with the edge she placed the sword off to the side and began going through other blades.

It had been a while since she had last used these weapons, for all technical purposes most of these were supposed to have been confiscated but two silver pieces had proved otherwise. For a long while she would stand there going over each weapon, sharpening those blades that were duller than she wished and separating out those that she wouldn't bring. If they met that Gifvoshu again she would be prepared even if he could steal her essence.

Rem Basul, red
"They are even worse than the stories," Isuza said as she looked between the two men. "I say the truth or nothing. Now isn't the time for deception and distrust. He must see the truth for himself or not at all."

Arx nodded, already mentally preparing himself for the ordeal. "I agree. We need to head for the castle as soon as possible. He must have time to prepare himself and call upon allies, should he have any left. There is no way for us to know when the Gifvoshu will next attack. We head for the castle in the morning."

Isuza nodded and once they were in agreement she finally dropped her shield. "Well, Lune, was it? We are in your debt for taking such a risk with us." She inclines her head then stands up straight.

Weithala, lightblue
Laverne watched him for a time until he stopped and folded his arms. This was likely running longer than Tala would have liked but he should know that she could not do a routine checkup in five minutes. "Here, take this," she said as she held it out to him. "For some it makes them dizzy, others feel nothing, but let's be careful," she said, pushing him toward a chair. The orb slowly grew cloudy as it absorbed his essence through his hands. A cooling, airish feeling comes over him as his essence is pulled through his body.

It ceases after about thirty seconds and Laverne takes it back, now wearing gloves. "This will be analyzed and the data sent to the Queen's record keeper if your essence is at the level it should be,"
she explained as she placed the orb on a scale. "As that is being tested, let us get some questions out of the way." She sits down to her desk and picks up a book and opens it to a blank page, writing his name at the top."I need this information but if you do not remember something tell me and we will move on." She cleared her throat and began to ask the questions slowly, waiting patiently for each answer.
1. How long have you had use of your essence?
2. How often do you use it?
3. How does it manifest?
4. Where does the most strain occur when using it?

Rora's Farm, purple
Ariette returned to the back room and knelt beside her partner. She closed her eyes and pressed a hand over his forehead. She focused her worry into her touch then quickly pulled back when his eyes opened. Calix slowly sat up and rubbed the back of his neck. "What's wrong?" he asked groggily. "Did something happen?"

She stood, looking down at him and sighed. "We leave for the capitol in the morning to seek an audience with the king. Both Rora and a man who witnessed the attack by the Gifvoshu at the tavern will accompany us. You need to get up and make sure you are ready for the journey."

Calix shook his head but got to his feet. "Good to know you are so confident in my healing abilities," he groaned as he stretched his back.

"You are not dead, missing a limb or have broken anything, you would have been fine after a night's rest," she retorted.

Calix shrugged, knowing not to bother trying to keep that conversation going. Ariette explained what she had talked about with Rora and Leo. Basically, they would be in the dark about the layout of the capitol until they got there. Once she got Calix caught up they talked over how to approach the king with the news of an impending war. He was not one for uninvited visitors, if they believed the reports, and so they would have to be clever about it, however they approached him.

There was a smidgen of hope that he had already been visited by the Gifvoshu so that it would not take much convincing. With the darkness that surrounded the kingdom it was a likely hunch and therefore not so rude a thought. Calix suggested getting to the point, but Ariette did not wish to sound threatening. A status report from the outside, maybe and then slowly lure him onto the topic. If all else failed, one touch and he would be compliant enough. Once that was settled she took Calix to the front to see if there was anything they could do to help prepare, seeing as they were going with whatever they had on their person.

Lune nods, subtly smiling."In truth your thanks is not necessary, still, I appreciate the thought ma'am." Lune gets up off the bed and stretches. "I guess I'll go and pay for one more day 'en. Sharing rooms isn't really my thing." Lune cracks the door and points . "Incase you need me my room is second to the end, on the right... although for now I'm going out for some fresh air, and dinner."

"Lune" Arx hastily says. "The alleged time you'll you be back. You won't be too helpful if something happens and we don't know." Arx seemed a little worried to Lune, he assumed the man thought that just as easily as the found him, a more aggressive Essence user could find him as well... though that probably wouldn't make any sense as they would be able to detect him or her... right?

"But what if......" Lune stops and corrects his thoughts. "I mean, I'll be back at dusk Mr. Arx, so no worries yes?" strangely enough the room falls silent yet again. "What? should we all stay in for the night?"

Voranimor watches her and slowly reached out to take it, nervous already about the results as he reaches out. He grasps it and holds it in his hand, instantly feeling lightheaded and dizzy, actually having to refrain from teetering as it sucks out a portion of his energy, already growing corrupt, though not to his knowledge.

Voranimor had already known that his essense was in serious need of a rest, though, of course, like many he dismissed the tale of negative essence and took on the idea that an overused essence would just hurt and might even fade completely if the use did not stop, this false idea
had opened him to the dangers of not using his essence properly, and the beast of it was ready to swallow him.

He nods as she speaks, "How long until I am told?" he immediately asks, still very worried, not wanting his essence to fade, not yet aware of the true severity of the matter at hand.

He nods as she speaks, "I began control of it when I was about 13, though, full control is much more recent." he replies, liking this question much more than he would the others. "I...I use it daily.... Sometimes more than that." He says, lying about the usage, though it was still very
high for essence as far as he knows. "It manifests when I touch people. Skin to skin contact can cause it, but it works best when it's my hand rather than my arm or something of that nature." He says. "Definitely the hand." he says, glancing down to ensure that his hands aren't in the
darkened state they were before.

Weithala

Laverne nodded as he asnswered each question, writing them down as she did so. "It doesn't take very long, I should have the results within a few minutes," she said as she wrote down his last answer. "You are in use of your essence often," she said as she looked over what she wrote. "I'm sure you are aware of the risks of using essence, especially one as potent as the manifestation that you have, and the way it wears on your body. If it is used too often you may end up losing control and either being consumed by it or run a risk of becoming corrupted. The later is increased right now because..." The words were lost on her as she shook her head then stood. "You will have to start using your essence sparingly. If you need something to help you control when it is used then we can have special gloves made for you."

She read back over the questions and answers once or twice before returning to her desk to look at the lïmpach, glad to see that it did not look to be corrupted. "I need you to come by the infirmary every week so that I can monitor the amount of stress you're put on your body. I will keep a file here for you so that I can keep track of things," she said. Laverne kept him a few extra minutes for the physical before letting him go. She did let him know the results would be sent to be recorded and he would know once they were. The uniform would be sent out a week later, should the results be satisfactory.

Time: 2 Days Present, Evening

Tym, Dismorigan

Dark-Castle-1800x2880.jpg

The earth beneath their feet slowly changed from brown to a lifeless grey that seemed to spread out with no definite pattern. The closer Leo, Rora, Ariette and Calix drew to the capitol the darker the skys became and the colder it became. The city itself seemed void of color, the constant overcast too strong to allow much sunlight through. The people watched from the homes and some gathered in the street at their arrival. It was as if they had stepped into some morbid, draining portal.
Ariette could not help looking around as they walked through the city. This is far worst than I could imagine, she thought. There is a barrier of some kind here, there must be.

They did not stop, Ariette did not think it was wise to do so. She told them of the feeling she got as they moved through the town. It was another long hour's travel to the castle where they were greeted by many of the king's guards pointing javelines. "Hault! No one is permitted inside the court of King Truitt," one of the guards said.

"We have business with the king," Calix says. "Has he been made aware of the havoc at the border city?"

"No one is allowed inside the court who has not been summoned," the guard replies once again.

Ariette exposed her Weithala marking for the guards to see. "This is a matter of great importance and refusing us an audience with the king may be the beginning of your downfall."

"Is that a threat?"

Calix steps forward beside her, showing his mark as well. "If this isn't enough for you to believe us then you aren't keen enough to understand the situation right now. Take us to the king."

One of the guards took another to accompany him, telling the others to stay with them and not to hesitate to take action should they move. The guards quickly made their way to the throne room where a conference was being held and stopped at once when the doors were opened. They dropped onto one knee and told the king of the visitors.

"They have markings we do not recognize," one said. "They carry no weapons but do not appear to be beggars. They say they came from Matchtal."

The king grew red in the face, from rage or something else all together was not apparent. "Send them in. I need more men, the more the better," he said.

Ariette looked to Rora and Leo worriedly. The guards returned minutes later and escorted them to the throne room where the king sat alone but for an advisor at his right. Calix glanced at the hour glass sitting on a table. They were all made to kneel before him. "My guards tell me you do not bare the mark of my kingdom and yet you have dared to journey into the heart of this land and demand my time?! What set of fools do you deem yourselves? Show me your marks!"

Ariette and Calix brandished their marks. "Your Majesty," Calix spoke up first, "We have come to warn you inspite of our own lives. The risks were known but there is much more at stake should we not come to you. There was an attack in Matchtal only a few days ago. A tavern was heavily damaged as was I. We believe it was an Gifvoshu."

There was silence as all eyes were on the dark king, awaiting his response. His eyes were set in a dead stare across the room and sweat visibly rolled down his temples. He swallowed hard as he turned to look at the hourglass on the table. "The shadows began to speak to me in the night... They said that I knew why they had come and this was left in my chambers. The sand falls as if it time has slowed to a desperate crawl..."

Rem, Basul

zamek-mrok-noc.jpeg

The path to the castle was found quicker than they had expected but getting anywhere near it was another task all together. Guards were all over the base of the earthen castle and so they made their way from the back, where they found a hidden entrance in the ground. It was barricaded from the outside so entering meant not being able to close it again. Isuza made a shield to quiet the noise of their entrance. Once they had gotten inside she dropped it. The dungeon was a formidable size, with most of the cells being full.

Isuza tried not to look at the prisoners as they made their way through. Some of the prisoners called out to them asking why they were sneaking into the castle. No one ever snuck into the castle. The king woud know someone had arrived and they would be executed promptly. There was no audience, at least not for very long. Arx stayed close to Isuza as they approached the opening into the inside of the castle.

There were two guards on watch, neither aware of the presence behind them. As much as Isuza disliked it, Arx and Lune had to knock out the guards in order to move past them. There were more guards outside and they were introduced to the same fate. Arx put the guards in the dungeon and closed the door. Next was finding the armory. They carefully searched the hall for an armory, being sure to avoid the few guards patrolling.

"There are guards everywhere," Isuza whispered. "Will we find the armory before we are discovered?"

"Focus on finding the armory," Arx said. "It may be higher up, he would be wise enough to keep weaponry from the dungeons."

The sun set bathed the corridors in orange light and gave way to shadows, which were used in their ascending to the next floor. The armory was found soon afterwards and they changed into fine suits of armor. Isuza was less than pleased, as the armor wore loose on her less than masculine frame but it would only have to be endured for a short time. Lune lead the way to the throne room as Arx and Isuza followed silently behind him. Every hall seemed the same but for a slight difference that they would have missed had they been anyone else.

The hall leading to the throne room had a distinct aura about it, one that made them well aware that they were being watched and had been since entering the castle. The reason as to why they had not yet been aprehended was lost to Arx but there was no mistaking the lingering sensations of a very strong essence. If they had not been wearing the armor their bodies woud have been given a soft glow from their essence coming in contact with another. They reached the hall where the throne room ended the hall. Guards lined the length of the hall and five stood at the doors.

"The king is expecting you," one of the guards at the opening of the hall said.

Arx narrowed his eyes and the moved to walk almost side by side down the hall, the silence deafening with so many bodies surrounding them. Isuza was already mentally preparing to talk their way out of whatever trouble they had walked right into. The guards parted and the doors were opened for them to enter the burgundy and silver toned throne room. Their entrance was echoed through the grey stone floors, off and through the archs decorating the elaboratley made up room making it feel all the more immense. Tapestries hung in both burgundy and silver bearing the mark of Basul, as well as a black tapestry for their ally.

The man they had come to see sat brooding on his throne with his eyes locked on the intruders he had long made up his mind to deal with. They stopped and knelt respectfully. Isuza readied her mouth for an apt apology but as soon as she opened it to speak she was cut off by the woman who sat at his left. "What are the men of a former ally doing in our lands without a warrant," the queen said, her voice eerily calm.

Isuza removed her helmet and lowered her head. "Your Majesty, we have come from Weithala on a very important mission, anything we may have done in the time of our stay is nothing compared to our mission," he says quickly before she could be cut off.

The queen narrowed here eyes but King Garret sat upright on his throne, silencing everyone. "I have been watching the both of you since you arrived. Weithala was a great ally to us once but our trust was betrayed. We have not been in contact since that time and now I have two of her own sneaking about my inner city and breaking into my castle. What am I to believe of this?"

"Believe what you will, My Lord, but we have only good intentions for you and your kingdom," Arx said, looking between him and the queen. "The times are no longer peaceful."

King Garret nodded, touching his lightly bearded chin. "Yes, I agree. In fact, there was an awful fire in the city just a few nights past. The two of you were seen in the area...using a forbidden art."

Isuza lowered her head once again, her fears slowly coming into reality. His arrogant tone and prideful demeanor was not lacking at all as they spoke despite him knowing all the details they were going to use in their favor. They were meaningless now, looking into his cold, bemused eyes.

Weithala

A strange fog began to roll through the small towns, making Shiera children and those weak of essence fall ill with a fever. After the first day of increasing illnesses, masks were given to the people to protect themselves. The news was shared with their allies, Quampo, and Ambrosia was once again throw into a frenzy of worries and headaches. So many of her people were suddenly down she was in bed a day before she could resume her duties. Once she was mobile again there were new concerns.

"The fog is not natural," a medic told her. "It does not infiltrate the lungs but it has a stunning effect on those who inhale it. It spreads through the body, having the most affect on the mind and stomach. Those effected cannot eat and others are in what seems to be a deep sleep. They respond to nothing. The people are starting to panic- if we do not find the source quickly then..."

Ambrosia sighs frustratedly, rubbing at her templees. Things were only getting worse and still there was nothing she could do to stop it. Their enemy was not exactly sitting a ship ride away to be cut down. She retreated to the one room that no one else was allowed to enter besides herself. It was a room she often hid away to when she was feeling overwhelmed and the one place she could use her essence freely. She knew she could always find guidance there.

The walls were dotted with mirrors of assorted sizes, one in particular, a large circular mirror set against the adjacent wall. She quickly approached it and drew a name onto the surface in light blue glowing letters, Jija. The mirror rippled like the surface of a pond when she removed her finger. The image of a woman sitting in an eastern styled room appeared in the mirror. She was dressed in a loose, pearl white gown designed with a dark green vine that covers even most of the sleeves.

Her face was lightly covered in a white powder that made her green eyes stand out. Her hair was up in a large, black bun atop her head and held together by a green net but for four strands, two falling behind her ears and two near her temples. She inclined her head respectfully towards the queen and Ambrosia did the same. "Empress Jija, I am in need of your aid."

The camp was also effected by the fog and the soldiers were moved into the shelter provided closer to the castle. The results of Voranimor's tests had been given to him as a letter. They were indeed worried for the sake of his body. He was at high risk for corruption especially now with the Gifvoshu coming back. There was time to fix things before it got too much worse, but he would have to almost cease his use of his essence. It was just too much strain on his core and his body.

Tala paced the room uneasily, his fangs showing every time he opened his mouth while mumbling to himself. He stopped at some point and turned to address the others, "That fog out there in the forest is not a natural fog. You can all feel it can't you? It's a dark aura that's attacking the people. Be ready at any time for a Gifvoshu attack, this could not be any other's doing. Be ready. If you must go out then do not forget your masks. It may make those weaker than us ill, but we may be tainted by this aura."

Lune stood up, head down at first, then at the king and queen. "Lord Osw-...." Lune cleared this throat as he was close to saying the king's first name "Sire and Majesty Garret, the words they say are genuine, it's in the kingdom's fav-"

"Quain." The king sternly says, forcing Lune to shut his mouth "I know what I did to the other family, I know why you left from under my rule, and I know that you wish for the best, upon Basul." The king's tone rises. "Even then, before you give some pointless speech, allow me to know WHY it is you brought two adherents from that traitorous land of Weithala."

Lune makes a brief grimace. "Milord... This has nothing to do with ties or usurps, it's about.. It's about Gifvoshu! They're the ones who burnt down Dain's Tavern. There's a possibility-"

"It was Dain's, likely for the better. I didn't trust his like" The queen tells the king.

"Still, he says it was Gifvoshu" The king replies with his hand on his chin. "If so..." The king mutters to his majesty.

"And what if he's telling a lie?"

"Lune here doesn't have the will, he's weak... too merciful. He couldn't even kill a rat if need be, it's such a waste of skill. He is a worthless peasant. The Quain family deserved what they received, for that's all they were: useless wastes of ability."

Lune clenches his fists and whispers to himself. "How dare you.." The lord's family was just as worthless. Lune himself could easily strike him down. He is the closest blood The Lord currently has! He could possibly even take the throne under such circumstances! "Lord and Lady Garret" Lune says muffling his dis-ease. "As I was saying, these two are sent by the queen of Weithala, not as a trick or appeasement, but for a just means. If any of the kingdoms fail, there is a possibility the numbers of Gifvoshu will increase more and more until naught shall have the ability to hold them back." Lune was beginning to pull reason out of his arse this time around.

He listens to her speak and nods, "So I have heard. Though, I thought the corruption was just a children's tale, used to frighten people out of their use of essence." he says in a gruff tone. He frowns, not sure how the gloves would affect him, "How long would it take to make gloves, and would it dampen my essences power any?" He questions, seriously fearing the later, not wanting to lose his potency. If the use of gloves did indeed dampen his abilities, he'd not wear them. He would rather run the risk of corruption rather than lose his power's abnormal abilities.

He was addicted to use of his essence, and would likely never fall out of his heavy burdens caused by using it so frequently. He listens to her speak and nods, "Alright. I assume this means that my risk of corruption is not as serious as you had feared??' He questions with a tilt of his head and a rise of his brow. He curiously listens to her as she tells him how he will need to show up weekly to the infirmary and how that he will be kept on chart, to monitor his stress caused by the essence. He agreed to the terms and nodded, "Alright, I will see what I can do." He would answer before leaving the area, moving off towards the door and exiting, looking for the General so that he may become familiar with what it is he shall do as a soldier, or at least, where it is he shall venture.

Rem, Basul
Isuza looks to Lune, her expression sympathetic.

"If you do not believe us, perhaps you would be willing to speak with our Queen," Arx said, quickly trying to move the conversation along. "We have a way to communicate with her."

A guard was instructed to take his communication device, a small mirror found under her cloak. Arx had to activate it which was done by pressing a finger to the Weithala mark at the bottom of the frame. It wrippled as his essence was taken and tranfered into the mirror. The queens image slowly came into view until she could be seen with a very distraught expression. "Is everything alright?" she asks, her voice coming through with little interference.

The guard turns the mirror toward the king and queen, allowing them to see her. "This is a surprise," Ambrosia says, masking her previously troubled expression. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Two of your people have snuck past my borders, broken into my castle, attacked my men and now they are here telling me this was all done with good intentions towards us," Garret explains.

"I understand things may seem a bit off, but whatever they have told you is the truth," Ambrosia states. "The Gifvoshu have been reincarnated once again." She was not happy with the faces she saw on the other side of that mirror. "There was an attack in your city recently, yes? It was the act of a few very suspicious beings seen in your town that night. That same night my scouts were trying to fend off one of those beings.

"They have come to warn you that your immediate action is required should you wish to remain ruler over your land. The Gifvoshu will come, I cannot tell you when, but they will and when they do everything your father and his father have worked so long to see flourish will be devastated like nothing even you have seen before. Whether you believe me or not will not stop the impending war on your lands."

There was a silence in the room as her words were left to float in the air for consideration. Ambrosia looked to the Queen and saw the distrust in her eyes. The king looked much more contemplative than she had hoped and that made her feel much better. "I apologize, but I cannot linger here with you," Ambrosia says softly, but Isuza recognize the hidden panic in her tone. "Should you make your decision, you may contact me and we will send you the information we have on this enemy. There is more than our kingdoms at stake."

The mirror ripples again and returns to it's reflective surface. King Garret takes the mirror and looks into it, his unsettled expression is reflected back to him. "What kind of fool do you take me for? If there was such a threat I would have known long ago. Impending war..." He looks to the three standing before him. "It seems she has only grown more cunning with age. Take these three to the dungeons. The sight of them makes me ill."

Isuza looks to Arx, her eyes wide in disbelief. The guards surround them, clasping their wrists in irons they had been holding all the while. Arx gives Lune and Isuza a look that tells them there was nothing they could said. He was a stubborn man. King Garret looks back to the mirror as they are led out into the hall and back the way they had come.

Weithala
The island of the Weithala Kingdom was slowly covered in the fog and soon it could be seen from afar. Tala put on a mask and took one other soldier out with him to venture out and search for anyone who may have gotten lost. It was not the best of ideas, but his animal instincts told him something was going on outside. They drudged through the fog which appeared to start having an effect on the environment; Plants and the unfortunate animals that hid in the forest were slowly dying. The trees had changed color and begun to wither.

Tala glowered as he made his way through the fog, feeling weaker himself after being exposed to it only a few minutes. This is much worse than I thought, if anyone is still out here they may be long gone by now. He started when his companion touched his shoulder. "We should head back, I can see that you are struggling to keep upright as well," the man said. "There is nothing we can do right now."

They ended up turning back around before getting very far. As they closed the door behind themselves, another figure emerged from the fog dressed in a long coat and hair unruly atop his head. "This is what has become of the capital of the greatest kingdom in the world, how sad. So much potential, sad to see it all go to waste on a woman..." He sighs heavily as he starts casually toward the castle.

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul: Throne room.

"Damned fool." Lune says in his distress. He hardly struggles as guards restrain him and the others, it'd only make matters worse. "You don't know what your in for." Lune moderately conveys, his voice tuned in a hostile nature. Lune knew that Basul wouldn't last, he had learned that from history and folklore. Many a time would a ruler arrogantly disregard a warning, and many a time would their kingdom fall in their name. Alas, that was Oswell's choice, and despite Lune's naivety to the theory of Essence and the power of Gifvoshu, it was likely the king would regret the choice he had made. A guard clamps cuffs upon Lune rather roughly, and they begin to leave the throne room, Lune looking towards the king with a piercing glare.

Finally out of the throne room the three are taken to the dungeon. "Fie.... Why... am I. of all people..." Lune disregards the imprisoned, although he can't help but hear their insane "banters".

"Eh! Throw the lady in with me!"
"That's what you get for sneaking in, you idiots!"
"Guards, let me out of here, I d'aint do no wrong!"
"Hey, they we're those daft ninnies that came here."

This was pathetic, Lune realized that he was to be thrown in to rot like these sorry sods. "Damn the lot of it." Lune was jerked over as he slowed down.

"Shut up your mouths!" a guard yells at the the cells.
"It's pointless to try, they'll keep yapping 'til it's night time." another reassures. They finally arrived at an empty cell. "it's your lucky day, no one's occupying this one."

Lune sighed, maybe he can think a way out of this madness, maybe... he could invoke his essence. "They said, accept it..." No, not yet... not while he was unsure of it's capabilities. Lune stayed quiet while the guards decided to put who where, it was best he didn't attack armed guards without himself having any equipment.

Voranimor exited after several minutes, having no luck and he walks into the ominous mist, encompassed in it in moments. He begins to walk down the road as he hears the voice of the coated man and he frowns, turning and searching before spotting the faintest of outlines, he was feeling small bits of fatigue by now, but his training was much more rigorous when compared to this. He stares at the male, as he could only assume by his voice and his prejudice towards women and steps closer, his hand closing in on the knife he wears on his belt. He was prepared to fight or kill the individual if needed, but he'd rather not ruin his reputation before it even began, such a thing was bad luck, and he'd need to flee if he was persecuted for it.

(Sorry for small post, not much to respond to. )

Basul's Dungeon
Isuza had been repeating a Quampo incantation in her mind as they were led back to the darker chambers of the dungeons. Not once had she ever imagined herself in a dungeon cell, not once had she ever thought she would have done anything to cause incarceration yet here she was, being locked away on the basis of being a spy. All she could do now was obediently take up residence in a cell occupied by two others who looked at her as if she had some oddity protruded from her head.

Arx was put into another cell across from her. She tried to look down the path to see Lune, but couldn't. "What have we done..." she sighs.

"You're not from around here. No one would willingly come into the castle. What were you thinking, sneaking in here of all places."

Isuza looked at the man and shook her head. "It does not matter now, we had our chance to speak to the king. That's what we wanted."

He watched her sit beside the barred door. "Once his mind is made up it does not often change. He's notorious for being formidably stubborn."

Arx took the situation as it was; they failed this task which was probably the most important. Only an attack would get his attention and he did not count on there being one any time soon. He paid no mind to the others in the cell and sat back against the wall by the cell door and kept to himself as best he could. He could not be bothered with their pestering while in a moment of crucial planning.

On the other side of the dungeon door, the king and queen were returning to their chambers under the escourt of four knights, the knights suddenly stopped them and surrounded them with swords drawn. "Who goes there?! No one is-" Before he could finish speaking he was forced against the wall and the guard beside him was thrown back into the king. The queen screamed as all four guards were put down in seconds. She slowly stepped back, unable to see who or what had attacked them.

"Whoever you are, if you kill me it will do nothing but bring down the wrath of many powerful kingdoms," she called into the darkness.

She stepped back until she stood beside a lamp light. Laughter echoed from the dimly lit hall and sent shivers up her spine. "What do you want! Whatever it is, I can give it to you, I can get it for you. But please, don't-" Her words were cut off as a hand gripped her throat tightly and lifted her into the air. She could only see the person for a moment but they appeared very young with short cut hair and fierce eyes that hid none of his contempt for her.

"Just shut up and go to sleep! Master didn't say anything about having to talk to anyone," he said, his tone impatient as he glared up at her.

The queen went limp in his grasp and he threw her over his shoulder then went to retrieve the king from the pile of so called knights then vanished from from a nearby window. When the others would finally reach them after hearing the queen's screams the would find that pile of guards and an hour glass sitting there as well.

Weithala
The stranger could feel Voranimor's presence behind him and stopped. "I'm surprised anyone could stand to be out here right now. A normal person would have suffocated by now so I assume you are in control of essence, therefore you are one of the queen's soldiers." He turns toward him, the fog clearing just enough to get a clear view of him. His frame is slender, gentlemanly and average in height. He appeared to be in his early thirties and still youthful in appearance. The black coat he wore was reminescent of upperclass Dismorigan taste with long coat tails that ran the length of his dark grey trousers and touched the back of his plain, matching boots and a front that just covered his vest when buttoned. He also took notice of the stature of the man standing before him. There was an aura about him that intrigued the stranger.

As he spoke he kept his eyes locked on Voranimor, "If I were you I would not stay out in this fog. Even those well trained in their essence can become corrupted if exposed to raw, corrupted essence for too long." He glanced at the hand reaching for his belt and likely a weapon. "There is no intent to fight," he says, the fog parting even more from his words and the air between them rippling as if it was heated. "I have only come with one task and that does not include a confrontation."

He smirks and takes a few confident steps toward the only other person outside besides himself. "This is only going to get worse so I suggest you find somewhere to take cover. It would be a shame if you missed the main event because you were stubborn and died here. It isn't a very well thought out plan of yours if you do intend to fight me here though I suppose it is your duty as a member of the queen's guard." He gave a few minutes of wait to allow him to decide what he would do.

Lune Quain
Basul's Dungeons

Lune wasn't sure if he was lucky or purposely given special treatment. After being literally thrown into the cell, Lune was given a while to think. It wasn't that he hated the king and queen, but he felt it was his place to make the calls, as he was the one planted under the name of Quain. Lune sat in silence for a while, if he had a sword or a knife he could possibly break the shackles... Or be stuck until he found a key or was released for whatever reason. He positioned himself so that his arms were in front rather than behind him.

"Now that that's done... How do I get out of these without a key?" Lune tried to stand up but slipped when he saw a bunch knights running toward the dungeon entrance. After struggling for a while, he realized that he had little to no chance of getting out of the cuffs. Lune looked to see if Arx or Isuza were nearby, only to have no luck. Lune laughed to himself in self pity "How degrading... It's funny, usually I'd be afraid of this place, but now that I know I'm not going to be personally tortured..." Lune's mind cuts him off. Speaking of his fears, He thought back to his essence. He tried to focus. He began to feel more than what he originally felt. In fact the significance of what he would call his essence felt far greater than he could possibly imagine, and then his nose began to bleed. Lune stopped all he was doing and touched his nose, but it wasn't just his nose, his right hand was bruised as well "Just as I thought... Something is holding me back..." Lune brushed the blood from under his nose with his sleeve then stood up as he saw even more guards running toward the entrance. "What's going on?"

Basul

Arx was suddenly jolted from his thoughts as the dungeon door was opened and all of the guards exited, slamming it closed behind them. His thoughtful expression changed to one of concern. The other prisoners suddenly began to speak loudly across cells to one another.

"I heard something hit the side of the castle! It sounded like-"

"We're underground, how could you have heard anything?!"

"I heard it too! Like glass breaking-"

"I heard screaming..."

Arx only half listened to their shouting, taking note of his own undeniable fact: he had felt a very strong presence moments ago. He stood from the floor and activated his essence jut enough to up his strength to break the chains holding his wrists together. The others in the cell stared on with wide eyes as he gripped the iron bars in his large fists and separated them to step through. He then did the same for Isuza and looked back to the cell. "I advise you all to take the opportunity to leave this place now. It is not safe here any longer." The prisoners slowly started to go out and run for the doors.

Isuza nodded then they went to retrieve Lune. Arx made an opening in the bars and Isuza went in to help him out. "There was a very strong presence in the castle moments ago. It may be time to alert the queen of the situation here and move on ourselves," Arx said they emerged from the cell. He broke through the secret entrance they had snuck into earlier and directed everyone out.

As they quickly melted back into the crowds, Isuza took out her mirror and pressed her finger gently to it. The surface rippled and the queen appeared, wearing a mask over her nose and mouth. "Your Majesty, the situation here is now crucial," Isuza reported. "We could not convince the King and Queen to action but soon after a strong pressence was felt in the castle by Arx and myself. I fear there is nothing more we can do here, Your Highness."

"Very well," Ambrosia responds, her voice muffled by the mask. "I shall send a ship for you immediately. The captain will explain things further once he arrives. He will arrive at the coast, meet him there and do not be late."

"It will take the ship a while to get here, maybe five days," Arx says.

The mirror faded back to it's reflective surface and Isuza put it away. "I did not think there was a coast to be had here," she sighs. "Lune, if you know of one, can you take us there? For now we cannot stay in this city..."

Lune Quain
Rem, Basul

Lune cringes a bit holding his arm, the pain still hadn't settled yet, which was odd for him since he'd taken beatings that would only be sore at this point.
"Uh.." Lune thinks for a while, shaking off his discomforts for a brief moment. "Southeast from here, theres a town called Gassah. Rem Relies on them for certain material sorts, as well as seafood. Though if you hadn't noticed the only types that make it here are.." Lune silently grunts. "of Octopi origin... Gassah isn't really taken note of though, likely due to the trains not directly going there, and the fact that it's practically a top-opened cove doesn't make it any more alluring, but since it's closest to the ocean, I think that's where your cronies are going to dock." He adjusts a bag filled with some equipment he... "borrowed" from the barracks before leaving.

"On terms of how to get there, we can take the train to a neighboring city, like Sen for instance, then buy some horses, or some sort of machina if they have them. It'd be a long walk otherwise... and It's practically surrounded by desert.... oh, and don't worry about train pay, I've got you covered." Lune goes into his shirt and pulls out a somewhat regal looking sack. "I atleast kept this hidden." He puts it back in his shirt suddenly feeling the pain in his arm again. "... Just what the hell did I try to do?..." Lune mutters to himself. He looks for a clock. "Luckily for us, The train for Sen should be here within a half hour. We should hurry to the station."

Last edited by a moderator: