Essential Beings

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
This rather gittery gentlemen awoke the merchant from his rather lulled state and he slouched up.
His question, if anything was rather annoying.

"of course I f•cking sell medicine stupid"

he didn't say it, but conveyed it in an sharp look.
He'd conjure up some odd medication to lull this man into a drunken state and rob from his limp body later.
But he decided against it.
This would be a professional day, and besides. He had just cleaned his cloths and his hair was the most brilliant of blues today.
He wouldn't spoil his good looks for some slum rat.
So. He opened a drawer grabbed out his big index book and asked him.

"what ails you...?"

His voice, was none the less smooth. Like a snake slithering through the morning dew. Giving a sweet chill through the spine.
He peeked behind the mans leg, the people where swinging through town. And the shopping season was in full swing.

"blek...."

He was upset, this by all means was going to be rough, stressful, and talkative. While this gentlemen took his time, he smugged a ugly look and slipped out some smoking herbs from his chest pouch. And grabbing a pipe from one of the shelfs he lit it.

"speak...."

Matchtal, Dismorigan

Arsenic's uncle came out of the store in time for the young woman's somberness to finally be gone. She despised being in the mood of sorrow, and she couldn't snap herself out of it even if she tried. She just wanted it to stop and leave her alone for the rest of her life. But how can one tell their own brain to quit having random emotional occurrences when the brain is in total control of your body? Damn it all.

"Arsenic?" Her uncle asked her for her attention, making her look over to him.

"Yes?" She asked, curiously wondering what he had to say.

"Were you aware of the group that formed just off the distance over there?" He asked as he motioned over to the large group with one of the paper bags he held.

"N-No actually... I had a random emotional occurrence and I didn't notice it before..."

When she was in the state of depression, absolutely nothing mattered to her except living and breathing. That was part of human instinct automatically. But if you were bleeding out right in front of her, and she had an emotional outbreak, you would receive more assistance asking the vultures. No one would matter to her but herself, and that was the reason she hated it.

Curiosity struck her as a small child broke through the crowd, dashing off with what looked like a copper coin. Who had given the child such a generous offer? Those who were starving would brutally attack the child for such currency, even if it was just one. That was how much one needed to be careful when having money. Both she and her uncle were trying to look over the crowd, unable to due to their lack in height. The uncle sucked his teeth, seeing that whatever happened was most likely over and they should be headed about their way.
However, they needed to get past the crowd in order to head to the area of their next destination. It was gradually dismembering like a large swarm scattering to go about their separate ways. But if they stood there, they would have to say good bye to their money and supplies sooner than moving now.

"Come Arsenic, grab hold of the currency bag and don't let go of it." He told his niece as he began to move forward into the crowd, earning some looks as Arsenic quickly caught up with him.

Her slender hand grabbed hold of the money bag in an inconspicuous manner, so those around them would believe they had nothing of value on them. They silently prayed to themselves that they could navigate through the large crowd without any trouble.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

Krye finally finished with the small group of the wealthier, who were always eager to show off excellently handcrafted items from a 'personal friend', and began moving through the crowd. His height had a serious advantage; he often looked for areas where a group or something formed, and then tried to, perhaps, get a job out of Matchtal, to some distant land. So he spotted a group forming, of hardier, tougher people, if what he could see could be trusted. He surveyed the surrounding area, taking note of the regular 'lanes' of foottraffic, and then spotted a particular duo moving in the group's direction, two shorter people.

So, he pushed his way towards them. Well, really the crowd gave way for him, so he just strode towards them. After several moments, his longs legs carried him next to a girl [whom could be older, he isn't good at telling a human's age], and an obviously older gentleman, who appears to start to grey [what an odd habit, my scale doesn't grey.. I think.].

"Good evening, dear sir and madam. Do you need help navigating the crowds? I am not here to harm you, I assure you."

Lune Quian

Rem, Basul

Lune grunted as he walked into shop after shop, unable to find the type of oil he's been looking for. He quickly comes to the realization that the closest thing he could get to polishing oil was a barrel keg of vegetable oil... and He didn't want vegetable oil, besides, it was seeping through the cracks in the keg. Still looking around for a weapon shop, he cant help but eaves drop on the chatter around him.

"I know a messenger that could help with the-"
. . .
"Not that one"
. . .
"-mean, the business is ok, but I'm not sure my wife would like the Idea of-"

Lune accidentally bumped into an old colleague. He couldn't quite remember the face and continued toward yet another shop. Finally, one with blades in it...maybe there'll be some darn oil. Lune walks in and waves at the cashier. He then finds and buys b-grade polishing oil. Upon leaving the shop he hears the train taking off yet again, and decides to go back to the inn to clean up his trusty sword.

"I'm back" Lune says entering the inn.

"Welcome back Sh-... Quain"

Lune smiles. "There you go, good job kid." He waves and heads back to his room.

Reactions: 2 people
Previous Weithala

Rem, Basul
Isuza started a bit but quickly composed herself and brushed invisible wrinkles from her dress. She was made silent by his appearance but a smile managed onto her face. "Neither of us are in need of anything to be mended," she said, her tone soft and calm as if she were speaking to someone familiar. "Really?" She eyed the tool in his hand. "Your essence is useful for this type of work. Have you ever used it for anything else?" The question sounded innocent enough in her mind but she realized the error after hearing it aloud.

"I have a few questions to ask, if you don't mind," she said quickly. "It's nothing terribly troubling nor is it about your craft, but I know a lot of people who would be grateful it if you answered just one or two." Isuza stood a few feet back withher hands clasped in front of her.

Tasu Village
Demaus listened to her advancing and straighened up when she pulled back the curtain. He gave her a smile but she looked a bit stressed so he just said, "hi." He stepped inside quickly when she offered, not wanting her to be any more stressed than she needed to be. He had never really seen her around the village and had grown curious about the little snow leopard. Even the vultures emerged to socialize every now and then, though it usually resulted in a short lived brawl ever other time.

Seeing her now he understood why she didn't show herself to the outside. The heat was almost unbearable for the snow leopard blood running through her. "Come in, Cougar. I dont have much, but there are places to sit, and water to drink, neh." Her hesitation at water made him suddenly feel as if he was imposing. Maybe he would do better to leave? She fetched a chair and set it at a table further inside for him. Demaus hated how he felt like a jerk for letting her do anything. When they finally sat down and she handed him a cup of water, he stared into it for a little while. He felt even worse when she finished her water before him. "I'm not very thirsty," he said quickly as he put the cup in front of her.

"Actually, I came to see how you were doing," he said nervously as he tapped his claws on the table gently. "I don't mean to be a bother but I have never really seen you about and no one comes by, do they?" He looked up from the table. It felt a little nerve wracking talking to her and he wasn't sure why. "You know, there are places where you can go outside any time of the year and it's nice." Now he was just talking. It was a sad for him to think about- out of all the companionship they had for each other that she got none. So he tried to reach out. Hopefully she would not reject the reaching Cougar.

Tym, Dismorigan

The man blinked slowly at his question and his expression questioned a tangible thought. "Oh... Well... You see- my... Uh... I have a..." He fumbled around with words and minute long pauses trying to find the right words, or at least the ones that would satisfy him. There were quite a few. After a few minutes he took out a worn leather pouch and shook the contents onto the ground in front of him. There were about ten coins that he counted with a thin pointing finger. "What do you have for aching joints for this much? And my head hurts an awful lot... And my body ches aall over." He gestured wildly as he spoke. "There's only one doctor here and he says there's nothing wrong with me but I know. I know..." He nodded slowly, eyeing the merchant.

Matchtal, Dismorigan
Ariette stood next to the cart until she could no longer stand the wait. Hopefully Calix had not gone off and done something stupid. She ran a hand through her bangs and let them fall back into her face. "I had better go find him. He's been left alone long enough." The crowd that she watched agther earlier seemed to disperse back into the streets now. Whatever had happened she only hoped that it was not caused by the red headed man she knew to stick his nose often where it shouldn't be. "I am going to kill him if he's done anything to endanger our assignment," she said under her breath, eyes narrowed.

Calix stared down the guard with his arms folded over his chest. His hands had began to shake with anticipation of some attack, as he was not sure if this man was acting on his own or if he was under the influence of another. He hoped sincerely it was not the latter. A few minutes passed until the angry guard released the boy none too gently. When he approached the woman Calix instictually moved closer to her. "Be very careful, traitors always get what is coming to them and all I need is one slip up." He relaxed and let his hands drop once the man had turned and left.

His attention was then set on the boy as he moved to stand next to the woman. He smiled in his most friendly manner as she scrutinized his person. "I make it my business to help when I see someone in trouble," he replied to her nod. The amount of relief he felt from seeing the child unharmed was overwhelming; he had been seriously worried for the boy's life. This town was within Dismorigan, border city or no, and there was nothing kind he had heard about this place.

Calix watched the exchange between the woman and boy with amusement. It vaguely reminded him of the duties he had left behind in Weithala. When she made him face Calix to thank him he chuckled and pat his head. "They will all be the death of me. Years of fighting and this is what will do me in." I've had that exact same thought many times myself. The next thing she said doused his excitement effectively. "Thanks again, I did have much of a plan for ending that little confrontation. Although you should probably keep your head down for a bit, Grimar doesn't have the most influence but he is a guard."

They moved out of the way of the crowd onto a small corner where he could effectively use a building for support. "She is going to give me an earful for this," he groaned. "So you are from Weithala." At first he just stared at her then he smiled again. "You can see it? Yeah, I am and yes I am here for the caravans. Well, I'm traveling with the caravan. It's a friend of mine who's actually got one." He sighed and stood from the building. "It's a lovely name. They call me Calix so I'm assuming it's my name if everyone is agreed upon it." He shrugged, smiling at his own humor.

• Love
Reactions: E.T. and Azzy
Thiele Misu Vantera(Kayetta Misu)

Tym, Dismorigan

"You, Miss... You are not from this sad city, that's plain to see. How did you come to be in our humble little spit of land?"

The sudden question to Thiele caught her unaware while she was half-listening to the conversations around. Her face shifted suddenly into a cold, heartless expression. "I am... merely passing by- ...No, I have unfinished business here." Glancing towards the woman who had invited her, Thiele couldn't help feel a pang of doubt to the purpose behind the question. Was she luring me into false comfort before questioning me? Why did I tell her that... Oh well, if she was a spy... Whatever...

Dismissing any paranoia as best she could, Thiele returned her focus to her task at hand. Stomach aching with hunger, Thiele couldn't wait to finally start eating. She still wasn't sure what she was doing in this place again, but maybe something was guiding her to here for a reason.

"Good evening, dear sir and madam. Do you need help navigating the crowds? I am not here to harm you, I assure you."

Both Arsenic and her uncle turned to the voice that spoke to them, but their eyes only met a torso when they looked directly forward. The back of their heads pressed against their backs as they had to tilt their heads all the way to be able to meet the man in the eyes. Both the young woman and the older man could not believe one was blessed with such a gift of height. They were almost envious as they felt like mere children looking up at an adult. The curse of being shorter than the rest.

"Yes actually. We're just trying to get past, good sir." He told the taller man.

Krye raised his hand, palm towards them, stopping them.
"No need to call me sir. I'm content enough with being treated as an equal, please. I noticed your heading, so I will continue it, and just let me know where to steer towards, miss." With that, he began moving again, through the crowd, towards a particularly open spot with a few of the odd pass-through travelers, figuring that might be where they wish to go. Who knows, I might find something to do instead of play with metal all day.

He was only being the kind hearted man the village knew him to be, but Seriph wasnt accustomed to the attention, and so as she sat there in her chair, and gazed at him from across the table, she wondered if this were all just a ruse. Her ice colored eyes gazed at him intently as he spoke, and it was soon apparent that he was genuine in his actions. That still didnt answer her silent question of why anyone would want to visit her now after so many years of solitude. The little cub gave him a small smile, the corners of her lips turning up just a bit...clearly not a frequent action from her as it seemed she really didnt know how to smile.

Seriph grabbed his cup as he set it in front of her, but she didnt drink it, she poured the water back into the bucket, and then placed the cup back on the table. Her own nails danced upon the table top as they sat in silence for a moment. She then made an effort to answer his question, trying to be friendly as it seemed they both werent really in their comfort zone. "You would be right, not many people come to visit me. Im mostly burdened by Shana, but sometimes the mouse's company can be nice, nyah." She paused for a moment, and then looked him in the eyes,"Its not the way of the animal kingdom to come tot he aid of an orphaned cub, I am aware. So you dont need to give me charity, or your time if you really do not wish to be here, Cougar. I do not wish to burden you, neh." She nodded her head as if to say that she wouldnt be hurt, or even surprised if he up, and left at that moment. In all honesty, none of the village came by to check on her for fear that she might paralyze then too. Her "gift" was confusing to them, but what they didnt understand is that it also confused her.

She sighed, the tip of her tail flicking against the floor as she let her gaze fall from the cougar's own. "I know there are places outside I can go, but id rather stay here in the saftey of my home." She nodded her head then, arms crossing over her chest.

She? So this man, Calix, was not traveling alone. Rora had little use for the information at present but she took note of it simply out of habit. It had been years since she had been a "working" mercenary and yet those habits that had been imprinted into her looked as though they would be the last to die. With a raised eyebrow she watched as Calix collapsed against the wall though she offered no help or word of comfort. True if they did encounter this other person and Calix did get the scolding that he was predicting she would most likely say something in his defense, as before she owed him. Maybe not the deepest debt but she could hardly let herself fall into any kind of debt.

When Calix cracked the subtle joke her mouth twitched with the hint of a smile and a rush of air excited her nose. It was not quite a life but it showed that she was not displeased with the humor. "Flattery will not get you very far in this town." She said leaning slightly against her draft's shoulder. Though her face looked pretty serious the fact that it followed on the tail of the laugh made it far less credible than it normally might have seemed.

"Your friend's caravan. And I guess you are just along for the rise." Rora said another ghost of a smile crossing her face. So much humor in one day she would have to check that she wasn't catching anything. Not that she would admit it, but a little laughter would most likely do her some good.

"Well as it seems that I owe you a favor would you like a tour or a drink?" She asked taking a step forward. She had not planned to linger so long in town but truth be told, she had nothing planned but she would rather not have to have to add another name to the list of people she owed something to, albeit a short list. Beside it would help take her mind off of the essence that buzz uncomfortably at her fingertips.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

"Certainly, sir. I can make one with these designs. They're beautiful, but tricky, so it might take a while." Leo told the customer that came in with drawings for a fancy pen knife. A small trinket, as with most of the orders he receives. Decorative items is all he's good for in this town, apparently, since the townsfolk all go to Krye for actual weapons and regular tools. It's no surprise, his items are high quality, and he creates them much faster than Leo ever could, which is really a good thing for both parties. Leo doesn't like it when he gets too many orders.

Just as the old man left the shop, a young boy entered, carrying a broken sword with him. "Can you fix this?" The boy said with a shaky voice as he showed Leo the detached hilt and blade. There was fear and regret in that boy's eyes, probably someone else's sword he broke.
"Ehh, probably." Leo said whilst scratching his beard. "But if you're in a hurry, I can recommend Krye the blacksmith, he works much faster than I do. Passed here not too long ago. Can't miss him, he's 7 foot tall." He added, which was all the boy had to hear. He dashed out of Leo's shop into the direction Leo said Krye had gone.

The door shut with a loud bang, and everything was quiet again, though not for long. The blacksmith set back to work on the relatively many requests he's gotten in the past few days. In his hand appeared a brown pair of pliers with which he retrieved a glowing hot piece of metal from his forge and put it on an anvil. In the other hand now appeared a hammer with which he hit the metal.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Weithala

As Kamina walked when he would see a person panicking he would veer from his path to cheer them up and give them a few encouraging words before he clapped them on the shoulder and walked off. He knew their queen didn't want to hide this news from them because later on if it would have been found out that she was hiding something from the kingdom there would be chaos. Kamina had never actually seen the queen but he figured she was a nice enough person since the island was always at peace with its neighboring kingdoms. He sighed as he continued down the walkway as his tail swayed and he examined various products but he wasn't fully there, his mind was wandering to several ideas.

If the corrupted were back then war would brew all across the land and ruin the peace. People would fight to protect their homeland and some would die for that cause, he never liked death and he didn't want that happen to anyone around him. If need be he'd join the war so no one else had to, he would keep his friends safe even if he had to ruin his peace and call on the beast within him as much as he didn't want to. His entire body shuddered from thinking about being taken over but at the same time power coursed through his body and his muscles rippled. It would be a day in hell once he lost control and reverted back to a monster, he shook his head, snapping himself out of his thoughts he started to walk again.

His ears perked then turned behind him as he heard someone rapidly approaching so he slowed down his pace to accommodate their running. When someone ran in front of him and held out their hand to stop him he realized it was the little fox girl he helped often. "Hello. A present, for me?" He bent down with a smile and placed his hands on his knees. "Yes, I have seen the papers. I don't think a corrupted could fight against me, I'm too strong." He joked then dramatically flexed his arm and chuckled.

Somewhere near Tasu Village

"Tis a lovely tune is it not?" Spoke a voice, gentile and calm. The sound of hooves on hard packed dirt road seemed the only song this land had sang, save the occasional howl of the wind over the dusty wilderness. "Hahh..." The voice sighed heavily. "Sometimes I wish you could speak, my Marie... Hah, always have I envisioned yourself as a bit of a gossip; eager to blab anything to anyone willing to listen... Alas, you are not but a horse, a noble mare of a tireless trot,"

Mounted on the beast sat a man of humble attire. An unhumanly light golden hair was barely visible beneath the layers of earth that clung to all visible portions. In his arms a lute, strumming the same few notes
of an unfinished tune. He was dressed for the weather, wearing a long tattered and dusty overcoat to shield him from both the sun and dust bearing wind of these desolate plains. Tied loosely around his nose and mouth a cloth to stay the unforgiving arid dust. Barely visible beneath the cloak was the end of a sheathed rapier. The man was Shieran, though it would be near impossible to tell as he was guised in human form. There was not a thing conspicuous about the man, any who saw him would recognize him as a bard as he were. His fine clothery were tucked neatly in one of the two saddle bags hung over the mount's side, the finery would only draw the attention of bandits or other ruffians. The man's name was Reyn, Reyn Crocell.

Today seemed fortunate. Clouds blanketed the sky partially holding the cruel sun at bay. A moisture lingered in the air, a most welcome change to the prior day's dryness. "It seems it likely to rain," He once more spoke to the horse. The expression on his saddened, for the past three days he had been attempting to make idle talk with the mare, almost expecting a response. Still strumming the same few notes, he knew he was lonely. This was a profound lonesomeness, it would take more than a passing day or two in passing town to rectify it.

"...Such a lovely tune..." He spoke forlornly. "I do wonder what it shall be, Weithala. T'will it be a paradise most true? Or shall it be no better than a place like this? And of my family... Hahhh..." Reyn leaned forward and stroked his mount's mane. "Our destination should be close, Tasu Village. Once there, should luck remain be with us, might be able to stay for a spell, rest and regather ourselves." The lady of luck had been with him so far, not yet had he been successfully robbed, mugged or threatened by anyone; He had been fortunate enough to find enough wild vegetables or other edible plants not matter how meager the sizing. The one commodity he was short on were water, and should he be fortunate enough to be blessed by the gray clouds overhead, that may be rectified.

Off in the distance he could see the humble Tasu Village, place of his birth. Reyn had little hope any would remember him let alone recognize him. His family had only lived there for five years before they had to move, thinking themselves a burden on the community should they have stayed in the long term.

He looked at the coins that patted the wet ground. Then he eyed up back at the man again.

He was a drug addict.

Skinnier than a rail, his motions where jumpy, edgy and he seemed so scatter brained like his brain was fried by drugs years ago.
And this garbage had the nerve to come to his stand and beg for some medicine. It such a horrible price as well.
He scrapped the coins together and counted.

"...... ten? That's all....?"

He heaved out a long huff of smoke and grasped his own forehead in frustration. He should just take this gutter rat out on a deeper part of
An ally and kill him. That why he might have something to eat later. But maybe this would be a good opportunity to grab a drink with this mans money.
So, he stood, grabbed a fist full of mushrooms and put it in the mans hands.

"that'll give you a nice high... now f*ck off..."

All and all he was pretty pleased. Not even ten minutes and he would get a good drink to loosen up and at least enjoy himself.
But coming to the edge of the ally he notices something that might be a bit off.

This whole city had a gray look to it. And he was in a bright orange and blue jump suit. And his hair was almost a neon blue.
He'd stick out like a soar thumb.
Just the way he liked it as well.

He lowered his pants to show some of his lower abdomen. Straightened and adjusted his hair and turned on his usual feminine swagger.
If he was really a she, and he wanted to truly pull it off. He might as well do HER best to look attractive.

So she left the ally way and didn't spare doing her best to look as good as she could. She made it through the crowd rather easy with swing of the hips, a gentle excuse me every now and again, and to top it off with a sweet charm of her literally magic voice she had secured a entire barrel of booze. All for one single coin.

So, he hauled it back to the ally way and slammed it down on the corner. She sat on it, and started her drinking, and people watching.
She'd return to her merchandising later, she had all this amazing honey whiskey to herself.
True utopia.
Although she was pretty oblivious to the passing eyes.

Weithala

The girl smiled at him. "I think so too! When I get big I'm gonna be strong just like you, Kamina. But still be careful because the queen cries when people die." She pat his hand then went into her bag. "The present I have for you... I made it with my papa. It took a loooong time to make so take care of it okay?" She brought out a box with intricate markings carved all over it and held it out to him. "Papa says it will keep you safe if anything bad happens. You travel around the island a lot so we wanted to make sure you were safe."

She was excited to see his reaction to the little handmade bracelet she had placed inside. Her father had told her it was a charm. You hug it really tight, kiss it, and then give it to someone as a protective charm. She was so proud of her work. "There is something inside for you too."

Tasu Village

Demaus listened with tight lips to her speak. Her voice was so soft, or small was it, that he leaned in a little bit to hear her better. It was a nice sound. "Its not the way of the animal kingdom to come to he aid of an orphaned cub, I am aware. So you don't need to give me charity, or your time if you really do not wish to be here, Cougar. I do not wish to burden you, neh." Demaus sat back in the chair and continued to tap his nails nervously. "As much as I don't agree with the way humans do things, we are also part of them. It's not the way of the animal kingdom, no, but my human side makes me concerned for you.

"I want all of us here to live as best we can and so does Haela." It sounded ridiculous even to his ears. Saying they were anything like the humans made his ears itch. It was true though, whether they liked it or not. "It's not charity, I don't believe in charity, but if someone needs something and I can give it then I do believe in the strength of a pride. If one of us is weak then we are all weak." He offered her a smile and stopped tapping on the table. "If I am bothering you though, I will leave."

Tym, Dismorigan

The woman watched Thiele's face when she answered. "Hm, well, whatever business brings you here you might as well leave it. There's nothing worth coming all this way for." She looked back to her task and continued with overly forceful movements. A man came to the door of the house and called inside, "it looks like rain tonight! We'll have to make some changes to the festival."

"Rain! Finally, we need some- haven't had rain in months." That did mean they would have to hold off on the festival or do something else to keep it going. "Will you be staying to eat with us? We don't have much, but it doesn't mean we should be rude to someone passing through." This woman was younger than the others and seemed to hold a brighter disposition than the others. "You can eat with my family if you do," she said with a smile.
At the alley the man watched the merchant with hungry eyes. If he didn't take his small amount of coin then...he would... Well, he wasn't sure what he'd have done. He wasn't much of a fighter and he knew he wouldn't get far trying to grab something and run. So he wasn't sure what he would do if he refused his coin; he'd probably just walk away.

But the merchant didn't refuse his coin and he didn't necessarily give him what he was looking for either. He gave him a handful of mushrooms. The man stared at the mushrooms for a moment but said nothing. He took them and returned to his shabby little house where no one waited for him.

Matchtal, Dismorigan

Ariette kept a brisk pace as she made her way through the crowd in search of her redheaded partner. "I almost wish to find him doing something regrettable now," she mumbled to herself. "Leaving me alone in a place like this. I am still a woman! Where did his..." That was when she spotted him standing beside a building with another woman. This had her both worried and intrigued. His humor did win him quite the audience in Weithala. Somehow those women found him "charming". She narrowed her eyes and approached the pair.

Calix smiled and nodded. "I didn't think it would and, uh, yeah. I'm just here for the ride at present. There's actually some business I have in Tym." He was glad to see her ease up so easily. It was no good being uptight all the time.

"And what business would that be?" Ariette asked as she came to stand beside him. Ignoring his loss of words and his sudden tight lipped expression she turned to the other woman. "I apologize if he has caused you any trouble, as he is known to do." She then turned back to Calix and shook her head. "Thank you for leaving me like that. We are supposed to stay together, it is too easy to get lost here with the caravans drawing people out."

Calix covered his face and peeked out between his fingers at Rora. "I'm sorry, Rora, this is my friend." He put a hand on Ariette's shoulder. "It's fine, she was just inviting me out for a drink. We haven't gotten to sit down since getting off the ship so I was going to accept her offer. I'll pay for yours if you stop fussing." Ariette narrowed her eyes and looked at Rora then back to him. She was feeling a little fatigued so she sighed, knowing he'd take that as her consent to drag her wherever they were going.

Crisis averted, the playful smile returned to his face and looked back to Rora. "Where did you have in mind?"

Weithala

"I have no doubt in my mind, I'm sure you'll become a strong, young woman. I'll make sure not to perish so our kind queen doesn't have to shed tears for this haggard tiger." He chuckled. Kamina watched he curiously as she patted his hand before she dug into her bag. When she brought out the box and offered it to him his ears folded against his skull and he gently took it from her with a warm smile. It was an impressive piece of craftsman's ship and he could tell she was certainly improving as he didn't notice any flaws on the box. "That's sweet you and your father were thinking of me, I'm sure it will keep me safe."

He was taken by surprise when she told him there was more to his present. "There is?" He asked. His tail moved until it was under the box and used itself to hold it up as he used his hands to open the lid. Once the lid was fully up, his smile turned into a grin as he gingerly picked up the bracelet and looked it over. "Wow, its amazing. Thank you." Kamina beamed as he slid in hand through the hole and let the bracelet wrapped around his wrist. He closed the box and placed it into his bag before pulling the girl into a hug and lightly kissed the top of her head. "I'll make sure to always wear and treasure it."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Lune Quian
Rem, Basul

When Lune finishes polishing up his sword he suddenly realizes something; He's bored, really bored. He sighs looking at the window. "My god... I'm bored... I suppose I could just start going home right now, although That could prove risky." He knew that during night time, mindless beasts grew more active, more feral, and would practically attack anything that wasn't one of it's own. Perhaps he could go into the forest, practice his attacks on some trees... and ruin his sword's durability again. It was it pretty decent looking evening, past Basul's polluted sky, so at least going for a walk would give him an idea on something to do in wasteland-like border of Basul, if decides to go out into that hell hole. I should probably stay in the city, catch a mummer show... then go to sleep. Lune leaves his room and apologizes to the Receptionist, leaving yet again.

Upon his exit he noticed a larger crowd than earlier, It was also noticeably darker than it was a couple minutes earlier. He disregarded his suspicions and headed up to an auditorium. He couldn't quite lead himself away from the crowd, being constantly bumped back and forth. Surprisingly enough he ends up at a show, not the one he meant to get towards, but still, shows are shows.
150 coin a play huh... I guess that's not too expensive. As he was to pay for the show, a horrifying sight stole his attention. An Octopus! It was a bloody octopus! Lune froze and gazed at it with wide eyes.
"Hey, buddy, are y' ok?"
Lune shook his head in a "No" gesture. "Yeah, Yeah, Just...." Lune's eyes trailed toward the octopus again. He quickly turned around. "I'm!... just reconsidering... as all, sorry." Lune recomposed himself and left, unfortunately getting sucked back into the crowd.

Matchtal, Dismorigan.

Rora had been about to open her mouth to voice her own thoughts about Tym when another woman appeared at Calix's shoulder. It took her only a second to figure out that this was almost most definitely the companion that Calix had mentioned only a few moments before. She was almost started when the other woman turned and addressed her, but thankfully she managed to keep her expression neutral with one eyebrow only slightly cocked. Again her she opened her mouth slightly as though to speak but the woman had already changed her focus back to Calix so Rora refrained from saying anything. watching the two interact was almost enough to bring a smile to her face, not quite, but very darn close.

When Calix finally got around to introductions Rora gave the woman a polite nod but did not make any other attempts to further the relationship, if she was taking them out for a drink that might very well come later. With a gentle sweep of her hand a few slow steps she made it very clear which direction they would be traveling in before she pointed above the heads of the crowd to a sign that depicted a great serpent being pierced with a spear.

"Dragon's Blood, not the quietest tavern but it won't make you deaf. And the ale is pretty good, if you know the bartender." She said with an affirming nod. She choose not to mention the fact that it had been one of her favored spots when she was still an officer so there was usually at least one or two soldiers from her company hanging around. It was almost guaranteed now that she had spoken to Dale, the old goat, had probably been telling everyone he could that she had emerged from that little farm of hers. But like she had said there was also enough white noise that conversations could be private without having to shout into each other's ears. Once outside the establishment she quickly dodged around to the back to the stable, bedding down Bree as she had no idea when she would be coming out again. Walking back to the front she pushed the front door open, holding it there for the other two.

The inside was simply done as was the style with most of the city. Against the far wall was a large hearth that filled the room with a pleasantly dry heat, and the smells of soup from a large pot that hung nearby for those willing to pay for a bite. Adjacent to that was a long bar with about twently seats or so, with just over half of the seats already taken. All along the walls were tables, as well as a fair cluster spread evenly throughout the bulk of the room. As they walked in Rora gave a small wave to the burly man behind the bar earning a nod in return. There were enough tables open that they had fairly diverse choices, but she did not know what the other two favored so she was content to let then choose. While that was under way she found herself descretely scanning the room from under her hood, another pesky habit but not an entirely unwanted one.

The Lion Feathers inn sat near a popular merchant road in Basul, and tonight there was new entertainment. Isaac followed his usual routine of juggling five small balls, finding the card a person picked, and then afterwards he played on his lute and sang songs that were requested by the otherwise drunk or tired audience. After he finished, he was paid a decent amount of money and he threw it in his satchel and sat down. Ordering a pint of cider and a half loaf of bread.

''My routine is getting old, I'm playing the same songs all the time and juggling those balls and creating that illusion with my cards is absolutely boring.'' With a sigh he sits back and closes his eyes, only to be shocked awake when he hears the glass and plate sat onto his table. ''Ah, thank you.'' Nodding politely he begins to eat, washing it down with cider. ''Bloody good cider, I'm impressed. Around these parts it usually taste like piss!'' Laughing loudly, only to be told by people around him to shut up. ''Oh.. sorry..''

Matchtal, Dismorigan

The man rose a hand at the two, "No need to call me sir. I'm content enough with being treated as an equal, please. I noticed your heading, so I will continue it, and just let me know where to steer towards, miss."

With that being said, the taller man began to move again, the uncle and young woman following suit. It would be impossible to lose him in the crowd, but it did intrigue both Arsenic and the uncle of how one could be blessed with such a gift of height. Shortness was a trait that ran within the family, so seeing someone who could easily look over them was rather intriguing. What was it like to be tall? Was there any hassle that came with it? Arsenic's icy blue eyes looked up at the man.

"Thank you for your kindness, and to whom do we have the pleasure of acquiring assistance from?" She asked him.