ESE - My Dream World is an MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one more item I wish to bring up: ESE isn't a game, it's a world. Most anything that you would find in a game (status window, map, inventory) is in the journal, not hovering in peripherals. If I took away the Heroes' journals, any semblance of a game would be gone.

So there's no green thingy on our heads? Aaaaand if we're hurt as in 'i just got my right arm cut away' (yes i love dramatic examples) how does it affects our real body and vice versa?

So there's no green thingy on our heads?

Maybe only the gamers can see everyone's health stats because they have journals? As a buff/debuff player it would certainly help Kimi out if she had something tangible to go off of in who needs help.

Alrighty. Guildmates share a connection that allows them to keep tabs on one another. It would take Observation as a skill to see an enemy's status.

If an arm is cut away, Aria will have to put it back on. The connection between bodies is mental, not physical. Take that as you will; if you think you can't feel an arm, you might not be able to use it.

There's one more item I wish to bring up: ESE isn't a game, it's a world. Most anything that you would find in a game (status window, map, inventory) is in the journal, not hovering in peripherals. If I took away the Heroes' journals, any semblance of a game would be gone.
That actually really helps to hear, so thanks! So if I read you right, it's more like the book is a catalyst, a magic implement that gives everyone a sense of familiarity/security by making their life here feel like a game and assist them with things in a game-like manner.

Oh, another question. Sustenance. Do you get hungry and thirsty in ESE? If so, what would happen (both there and back on Earth) if you starved? Do food and drink items replenish health and mana, or are they just normal food to keep you alive, and you have to use potions to get health and mana back quickly? And how do you perceive mana, anyway, if it even exists? Maybe "energy" would be more fitting... I imagine it would be more realistic if overusing magic made you woozy or headachy after a while rather than drawing off of some arbitrary pool of points you can't feel.

You read me right.

Yep, food and water are necessary. I haven't the foggiest about what starving would do; it never entered my thoughts.

Health is a measure of one's well-being. Think of HP as a reflection of your condition, not the cause of it. As you take damage, you lose health. When you rest, you restore health. It's a human's natural recovery, just accelerated for the players.
Mana isn't the word I would use to describe it (though I might in the RP). Energy is much more fitting: using any ability, magical or otherwise, will drain energy. If a Hero overdoes it, he'll begin suffering from fatigue and eventually collapse.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
@Enigs
Hey, everything all right? It's been two weeks since you posted last and I felt I should check in. Hope things are okay on your end. We'd love to hear from you!

Hey, so, quuuick question. Would it be better form for us to refer to our characters as their ESE names while in ESE? Just because I'm seeing some of both. I would assume so but I wanted to clarify that.

Reactions: Adira
I had the same question as upscalerat. Also I'm gonna apologize for Ivy/Koreo now. She's gonna be the annoying one in the group.

Whichever name you think is more fitting is the one you should use. For the most part, I'll be using "Nimfa" as it is Nimfa that is moving around; however, for some thoughts and judgments I'll use "Rebecca" instead.

I had the same question as upscalerat. Also I'm gonna apologize for Ivy/Koreo now. She's gonna be the annoying one in the group.
Don't mind, don't mind! ^3^ Ren/Tiwala is not a buddy-buddy one either ^^

I don't think any of them are really keen on being buddy-buddies. :P

And maybe learn a few more words than "Lucky me", eh? haha

I'm sooooooorryyyyyyyy!! Ren just has a bad paaaaast T^T she's not that baaaad *she goes patting Ren on the head*

I'm sooooooorryyyyyyyy!! Ren just has a bad paaaaast T^T she's not that baaaad *she goes patting Ren on the head*
Hey, I know she's got good reason to be distant! *pats her too* Chris is just judgmental. To be honest, I'm considering having him fall for her...somehow...might take a while. XD

Hey, I know she's got good reason to be distant! *pats her too* Chris is just judgmental. To be honest, I'm considering having him fall for her...somehow...might take a while. XD

>////< How so utterly cute

Status
Not open for further replies.