ESE - My Dream World is an MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, good question. Um... One item associated with each skill.
Was wondering about that too. Will work into next post in a way I hope is humorous.

Also, another question: is ESE pronounced "ee-ess-ee", "ease", or "eese"? Or some other way?

And... how do we connect things to spell skills and something like 'evade'?

Yeah...that's a good point. I know Kyla's been a loudmouth so far, but does she really have to carry her voice in her inventory? :P

Is this still accepting??

For pronunciation: rhymes with fleece.
And... how do we connect things to spell skills and something like 'evade'?
Another excellent question, and one I don't have the answer to. I was considering a fishbowl for Nimfa's Summon Water, if that gives you any ideas.

@Sol-Et-Luna It is not, I'm afraid. I'm not confident in handling a group larger than this.

Chris is the one that change the least... so you'll be easier to spot in real life ^^

Chris is the one that change the least... so you'll be easier to spot in real life ^^
Haha, yeah. The only difference is the ponytail and it's not really noticeable unless he's running around.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

In my experience, MMOs have some kind of teleportation system to allow you to poof to a previously explored place. Does ESE have this and if so, how does that work? If we're going exploring, we need to know if we're marking a map or able to teleport back to the guild hall.

EDIT: Also, what are the rules on sparring, can we select and destroy trees, and lastly, are we posting in rounds [as in you can't post again until everyone has posted] or as often as we're addressed/we feel like it?

Ok, I think that will last me for a little while longer!

Last edited by a moderator:
On that account, I'd like to ask: can we blend magic skills with other types skill (for example enchanting void with bow or something else)? And: do we have a sort of map in our corner field of view?

I'm no MMO expert by any means, but key items or spells that can return you to a safe location seem to make sense, provided you don't take damage while channeling them, so you can't get out of fights for free. (That's what MOBAs do at least.) And I also think the map question is valid. Drawing a map feels more realistic, but I imagine that if the players have health bars hovering over their heads, it wouldn't be a stretch to give people minimaps in their peripheral vision either.

Oh, idea! Perhaps something like Cartography could be a skill, so that anyone could try to draw a crude map as they wander, but people with the skill would draw an accurate one. When the skills start leaking into earth, their sense of direction would vastly improve.

Also I think you got one of your questions answered a page ago...?
Will we be posting in rotation or whenever the mood hits?
It's open game now. Post when you wish.

Yeah, but I'd like it stated clearly. I thought she meant we could post whenever, but so far people are posting randomly within rotation-- if that makes sense.

In my experience, MMOs have some kind of teleportation system to allow you to poof to a previously explored place. Does ESE have this and if so, how does that work? If we're going exploring, we need to know if we're marking a map or able to teleport back to the guild hall.

EDIT: Also, what are the rules on sparring, can we select and destroy trees, and lastly, are we posting in rounds [as in you can't post again until everyone has posted] or as often as we're addressed/we feel like it?

Ok, I think that will last me for a little while longer!
Teleporting uses special orbs. It's always possible to return to an activated orb for 10 Sol, or to travel from one orb to another for free. Orbs are dropped by Boss Beasts.
Don't kill each other sparring, and remember pain is real.
If you have a form of attack capable of bringing trees down, then it's possible to destroy trees. There's no such thing as 'target' and 'not targetable.'
We are NOT posting in rounds; it's inconvenient and unrealistic, and it would require that I create all the action. Post as often as you wish.
On that account, I'd like to ask: can we blend magic skills with other types skill (for example enchanting void with bow or something else)? And: do we have a sort of map in our corner field of view?
Naturally you can blend skills together. Creative combos are encouraged.
No minimap in view. Your map will be in your journal. The better your Cartography (:heart: @FiliaFlammae ), the more accurate and detailed the map will be.

There's one more item I wish to bring up: ESE isn't a game, it's a world. Most anything that you would find in a game (status window, map, inventory) is in the journal, not hovering in peripherals. If I took away the Heroes' journals, any semblance of a game would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.