Eralion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"We leave by noon. Ready yourself." Ellelunia withdrew a dagger from one of the many hidden compartments of her armor, throwing her arm backward over her head with deadly speed. A bar maid jumped as Ellelunia stabbed into an apple on the center of her silver tray, pulling it back to her mouth and taking a juicy bite. She watched the men as she chewed, her eyes narrowing at Eralion as if to push back at his frustrated vibes. If there was another body travelling with them, especially another man, perhaps it would not be so awkward between the two of them. </SPAN></SPAN>

The tense air got to be too much for her as she set her apple core against the table, lifting her boots off and setting them down on the ground with a 'thud'. Her own personal frustrations were building, making her unable to communicate. She got up from her seat next to Raeos, patting his head as if he was a dog.</SPAN></SPAN>

"I'm off to find Orion. Know this though, cross me and you will have no future to look forward to" She smiled, a hint of playfulness to her voice that made it hard to discern if she was serious or not.</SPAN></SPAN>

Eralion grumbled as Ellelunia walked away, he wanted to talk to her but knew anything he said she would just blow off. Pretending she doesn't care about anyone or anything, which can't possibly be true. As he chewed he looked at Raeos, still stuffing his face. 'He eats like a damned dwarf, maybe that's why he's so short.'

"These druids don't like either of us." He didn't know if Raeos would even care about what he had to say, but he had to get it all off his chest, somehow. "You ever do something, or start to do something, and then it all stops? Like Kollidan is telling you that you shouldn't do it, but you want to. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? It's like theres some higher power telling you to stop, telling you it's not a good idea, but it feels so right! Like there couldn't be anyone else, I mean, there couldn't be anything else in the world that matters but that ... thing, right then." He stopped himself because he was about to go too far. He already slipped and said 'anyone' instead of 'anything'. He also seemed to be making it out to be more than it was. All that happened is Elle got him drunk and teased him until they passed out and then she pretended nothing happened! Frustrated he said, "Forget it. I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about." He looked down at the table and ate some grapes that were on a platter next to him, sulking.

Raeos did his best not to give the druid too much outward attention as he spoke, though his ears took in every word and his brain locked them in tight. One spoonful after another of oats was shoveled in to his mouth, swallowing each with a jealousy and anticipation of the next bit. His mind raced as Eralion spoke, putting the pieces of his puzzling words together with quickness. It was incredibly obvious, between the timing, tone and structure of his words, that he was talking about a woman. Most likely, it was the woman who had just left.

He picked up his bowl and turned toward Eralion, pushing the rest of the oats in to his mouth and clearing it down his throat with a loud 'ahh!'. "If you didn't know what you were talking about, you wouldn't be able to verbalize it." Placing the bowl back on the table and scooping up his water cup, he continued, "The first step to success is failure. Always keep that in mind. Never stop trying, never give up on what you feel in your heart of hearts." It was uncharacteristic advice from him, but the entire past day had been rather uncharacteristic. In some ways, he had been in a fugue state, and this might have been the call he needed to rebirth his pheonician life once more.

The cup's contents were funneled down his throat and he placed it back on the table. He stood up, adjusted his pants and shirt, and gave one last look back down to Eralion. "You can call me Raeos." With that he took off, exiting the room. He left the building, returning to the room he had stayed in, and gathered his belongings from it.

He returned to the front of the large building and began stretching his body out. Noon was nearly here and he did not want to miss their departure.

Eralion listened to Raeos' advice with an open mind. Even though the little human had yet to prove anything but a nusance he decided that the advice did seem to ring true.

"Thanks... Raeos." Trailing off as Raeos hustled out of the room. Now alone and no longer eating, Eralion decided it would be a good a time as any for him to depart as well. He only had a little bit of time left before they were off on their adventure and he wanted to use that to think, so he went back to the room he and Ellelunia had shared. 'If I was Elle, what would I be thinking about me? Hmm .... I'd fake hate me but definitely want me, look at this body.' As he thought to himself he chuckled and flexed his giant biceps jokingly to himself. Sitting on the bed he laid back like he had in the morning, only this time his headache was abating, sated by the large breakfast of fruits and oatmeal he had eaten. A loud sigh escaped his lips. 'I have no idea what that woman thinks, and I can't even begin to figure her out, so I'll just have to keep being myself and hope she warms up. I guess.' With the final thought he stood up, gathered his things and began walking to the meeting spot where Ellelunia and Raeos should be for the beginning of their adventure.

A pebble darted across the cobble stone walkway as Ellelunia waiting patiently for her party. She had gone to the stables to find her horse and to find Orion, who was having a grand time chasing the screaming chickens and pigs. Ellelunia was forced to pay for some livestock that he had killed and devoured on the "hunt". She disciplined him, frowning and waggling her finger in his face as one would with a naughty child. After getting her horse from the stable master, she held the reins tightly, trying to forget the events of the night as she walked to the meeting place.</SPAN></SPAN>

The sun was high overhead, little floating puffs of white gently passing by over the surrounding tree tops. Though the forest was disguised with a dense fog, looking up was a spectacular treat to the eyes. Time seemed to be crawling slowly by, making Ellelunia breach insanity as her thoughts got the better of her. If only Eralion knew why she was so distant, why she didn't feel the need to make anything more than it needed to be. It was too complicated. Somehow, she had decided long ago that it was easier to avoid people instead of going through the pain of reliving her past over and over. Even her own half-sisters didn't know about the entirety of her past. She had Orion, Morial and Sven; they always seemed like enough.</SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia let out a heavy sigh as she squatted down, wrapping her arms around Orions strong feline body. She could feel his heart beating in his chest as Trellisa approached, Lamira directly at her side. They were both stunningly beautiful, like amazon goddesses fit to rule over any man. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Here is the map, as promised, and please Ellelunia take these supplies and be careful" Trellisa nodded regally at Lamira, who started packing Ellelunia's horse for her, fitting it with armor and reserves. Water, food, weapons and armor patches all given to her as gifts. </SPAN></SPAN>
"We have one more horse we can spare- we are assuming that the Druid you travel with will have no trouble keeping up…" Lamira said with a smirk. It took a lot of convincing for her to get Trellisa to release a steed to the human, but she had done it.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Thank you sisters- I will do my best work" </SPAN></SPAN>

With a broad smile and a very small, and hopefully unnoticeable, hop to his step, Eralion walked up to Ellelunia.

"Hey Elle...lunia! Where's the midget?" He nearly stopped his gait as he accidentally began to refer to Ellelunia by the nickname he had given her in his mind. 'Well that could have been bad.' He thought to himself, patting himself on the back for quickly making a joke about Raeos. Even though the man had helped him with his thought process and given him seemingly fantastic advice, he didn't want to seem as if they were best buds now. Especially not to Elle. He wanted to make it seem like nothing was different, and nothing had changed, or transpired, between the two of them. Trying to keep it light and happy he continued talking to her.

"My headache was pretty rough this morning, but I am feeling much better now, hope you are too." He winked. "Where are we off to next?" The smile never leaving his face for a moment as he looked at her beautiful pale skin and dangerous aquamarine eyes. He reached down to scratch behind Orion's ear. "Hey bud, hope you had a better night than the rest of us." He said quietly, not knowing if Ellelunia would hear him but knowing it didn't matter either way.

The sun was high in the sky and they were nowhere to be seen. Raeos ventured from the main building, still keeping it within view, and made his way around the town. Finally, he found them, waiting nowhere near what he thought to be an obvious spot. More specificity about our meeting place would've been nice. Long strides took him to them, mixed looks being shot his way as he sidled up to group.

Lamira's face was sweet, still beaming off their earlier encounter. Trellisa's gaze, on the other hand, was more cold than when he had first seen her. I wonder if Lamira spoke of our acts, he postulated. It was quite possible; he could feel the ice growing on his body from her subzero stare. Lamira opened her mouth, speaking honey to him. "We have a horse for you, and supplies that we've given to Ellelunia. Please watch over all of it." Raeos smiled and nodded to her.

Shifting his attention to Eralion, he questioned, "What of you? Is there a limit on how long you can pretend to be a bear?" He removed the three packs he held and began to fashion them to the bags on the horse. An image flashed through his head of perhaps he or Ellelunia riding on his back and he loosed a seemingly insane chuckle into the horse's saddlebags.

"You are absolutely hilarious Raeos. Thank you for everything Trellisa, you have done more for me than I could ever have hoped. The food was delicious and the bed most comfortable. It was wonderful to meet you, and you Lamira." He said with a bow and turned to Ellelunia.

"I am ready whenever you are." Nodding to her to begin their path. He was sure he could find his way out, but if she knew where she was going, that was all the better. The fog was a nuisance to him, though he definitely understood the reason why someone would make a place to live in the middle of it. It would be impossible for someone to sneak up on the druids in the middle of their fog city.

Ellelunia quickly mounted her horse, leaving little time for a heart-felt goodbye between her sisters and herself. Though they were blood, she couldn't trust them any more than her birth mother, who had sold her off for her own personal gain. She nodded her visage of perfection at Eralion, unrolling the map and quickly closing it again. </SPAN></SPAN>

"Let us be on our way then" She mused, taking the reins in her hands and starting off in a slow canter.</SPAN></SPAN>

Lamira frowned, hoping for more from her eldest sister. As the Druid followed after Ellelunia she walked up to Raeos, kissing him passionately, not caring if Trellisa was watching. Her warmth could have ignited him, a pseudo feeling of love and adoration coming from her as she stood close, gazing into his eyes.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Be safe, won't you?" </SPAN></SPAN>

Raeos' eyes closed as Lamira embraced him with a fiery passion. On the backs of his eyelids he saw a replay of the scene with Trellisa; imagining it being extended to either of her sisters he truncated the kiss, pulling back abruptly and gazing into Lamira's eyes. There was a sheen in his eyes not often present, some sort of connection that did not exist with the other women he slept with. Not only was she a Sahrian, but she had plotted to build a family off his seed -- it honored him and he reflected this inward thought in a soft smile.

"I will be." He leaned forward, touching his forehead to hers.

Not being an adept horse rider, he awkwardly swung himself up on top of the beast. He took a shaky seat on top of it, gripping the reins and directing it behind Ellelunia's equestrian trail. His attention dawdled on the two sisters as they left, mentally drawing a snapshot of their comically polar expressions, love and hate forever etched in to a part of his mind. Special attention was given still to Lamira, his eyes reflecting her own adoration. That feeling is so still so foreign...

"So, where are we going, Sahrians?"

His horse maintained a steady pace behind Ellelunia. If they were not traveling far, Raeos would have preferred to travel by way of his own legs; a beast was so loud and clunky, and especially awful at reconnaissance. Between the cat and the two horses, we'll have a hard time sneaking up on someone. His mind was forever on the idea of stealth, the practices of thievery so deeply ingrained in him.

"Ellelunia, would you mind holding onto my pack for a moment. If you can tie it onto me once I change..." Handing her the gear he took off his loose fitting cotton shirt and pants. 'Don't want to ruin another set of clothes...'

"I'll be right back. The transformation is painful and I prefer do it privately when I have the opportunity." Walking into the fog he stopped only about fifteen feet away from his two companions and Orion. Sitting on the ground he stretched his legs and arms, preparing himself for the pain. As it found him he groaned, his arm and leg bones getting larger, the hair growning over his whole body, his neck and face elongating, making a snout. Once the transformation was over he stood on all fours and began trotting over to the others. As he got there he shook out his mane and flicked his tail at his round rump, his dark brown, almost black, tail and mane standing out from the chestnut hair glistening in the fog. He walked over to Ellelunia and put his body in the same position as her mount so she could easily place his pack on his back, snorting at her when she hesitated.

Ellelunia's eyes grew wide as she observed his new form. It was the first time she saw him as anything other than a bear. She hesitated for a moment as he seemingly requested for her to place his back onto him. She was puzzled how to place the pack around him- it wasn't like she could throw the straps back around his legs like she could if he were a bear. She looked around confused for a moment, before turning her body and fixing his back to her own horses saddle with the others. </SPAN></SPAN>

"You don't have a saddle, it wouldn't be very secure" she said with a bit of puzzlement to her voice. "Though that form is very handy" She looked down at her horse, who was starting to have some trouble holding both her and the heavy supplies her sister had given her. </SPAN></SPAN>
"I guess I'll just have to ride you…" She blushed as she spoke, realizing how sexual the statement sounded. She quickly switched from her horse to Eralion, settling down on his back and tying the long reigns of her own horse to his neck. </SPAN></SPAN>

His eyes widened as the wild stallion came near, galloping alongside Ellelunia. With a distant curiosity he watched, the Sahrian woman speaking to it as though she were in tune with the nature of the thing. It wasn't long before the pieces fell together - this was no ordinary horse, no - this was that druid. This time, he was no ursine; what other animals could he become? Images raced through his head of the druid becoming small insects and large mythical beasts. I've underestimated you, druid. I'll have to keep my eye on you.

For hours they traveled, the day whittling away at them. The sun beat down on him and he bathed in its heat, reveling in its warmth after weeks spent under the canopy in the forested lowlands. Solar enjoyment, however, did not impede his vigilance. Constantly, his ears were open to obscene sounds around him and his eyes scanned and identified every speck on the visible stretch of the road. He and Ellelunia did not talk, and aside from occasional sounds made by one of the three horses, the party stayed silent. They rounded a bend in the road and the path opened up to a long straightway. In the distant horizon, Raeos could make out the very distinct shape of humanoids. There was not one, not two, but instead a large caravan of them, the outlines of horses and other belongings coming in to view.

"Sahrians, stop! There is a large group of travelers ahead of us. This does not look like a normal group moving between towns." At this point it was very possible that the two of them had also picked up on the visuals before them. His eyes swept either side of the road, piercing the treeline for a potential hiding spot. Off to the left he found a good spot, catching sight of a small clearing beyond the cover of low hanging branches. He moved up alongside Ellelunia and Eralion, who had stopped at his request, pointing in the direction of his find. "It may be best if we wait there and allow them to pass us."

Raeos directed his horse off towards the clearing, not waiting to see if Ellelunia or Eralion had followed. His heart was pumping at the idea of this large group; surely there would be one or two stragglers who would be easy pickings. Even if there were no stragglers, it would be so easy to slip in and snag something before anyone noticed. With a feline grace he dismounted the horse, not bothering to tie it up to anything. He grabbed only the two things he would need - his crossbow and the large pack that contained his bolts - and took off in to the forest in the direction of the caravan.

"I'm just going to scout this situation out. See if they have anything worth recognizing. You know, if they're dangerous!" He yelled in to the air, still not turning his head back to them.

As he neared the group his pace slowed to a crawl, shadowing them from his usual hiding spot of brush and shadow tens of meters from the road. There were far more travelers than horses, and the men who rode on the horses looked downright villainous. They sported jagged jawlines, ungroomed beards, shiny iron weaponry and grimy clothing. They seemed to form a tight compound around their cargo that moved between them, which was a mixture of large boxes and packs, carried by thinner looking men and women of varying races. Those who bore the burden of the groups belongings were chained together by the ankles.

"Slavers," Raeos whispered to himself. I don't really want to mess with this group, there are far too many for me to handle. I'd rather not get chased down and enslaved or beheaded. He took a quick glance down to his own body, looking over his attire and his frame, then returned to the group passing before him. Definitely enslaved. Probably for prostitution.

He took off again, his pace slow at first, until he was sure he was out of earshot and entered a full sprint back towards his own party. As he returned to the clearing, seeing that Ellelunia and Era-horse had heeded his advice and gotten out of sight of the main road, called out to them. "We need to stay out of sight and wait for them to pass. This is one group we definitely don't want to get messed up with."

A few twigs snapped as Ellelunia dismounted Eralion and walked stealthily over to Raoes, taking in the sight he was seeing. Within seconds of view the slavers and their disgusting caravan, Ellelunia was walking swiftly back to her horse and untied it from Eralion's neck. She reached into her pack, collecting her quiver and her bow pieces. She tucked her daggers into her armor and started climbing closer to the group- the idea of spilling their blood exciting her to the point where her body tingled. </SPAN></SPAN>

She thought about how she would kill them, possible an arrow through the head of the two men guarding the caravan, then she would take out the driver and discard her bow to take the others by surprise with her daggers.
</SPAN></SPAN>
She had taken bands of slavers on her own before-staying in the shade and attacking with the security of cover. Orion had joined her, crouching as he padded over. Their eyes met and he dug his claws into the ground, as if preparing himself for battle.
</SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia narrowed her eyes, getting on all fours as she heard the low rumbling noises of men speaking.
</SPAN></SPAN>
"Wa'nt much 'ah a good haul..." one of the men said in a gruff voice. Ellelunia stopped for a moment and gently touched Orions back, signaling for him to wait. He crouched low beside her, a low growl resonating from deep in his throat. A loud smack could be heard as one of the men smashed a long, wooden staff into the side of a rolling cage which held several women inside if it.
</SPAN></SPAN>

"Bastards" she whispered, looking down on the men. Springing up from where she hid, she pulled back on the arrow and held it steady, firing it exactly as she had thought out. The man fell instantly, the arrow landing right in his eye socket. His surprised companion called out, pulling a long staff from the carriage and began searching for where the arrow originated. The Druid of the group shifted quickly into a wild dog small in size but extremely fast and keen. Ellelunia let another arrow go, shooting it through the side panel of the carriage, getting the driver in the neck. She turned to Orion and smiled releasing him on the unsuspecting group.
</SPAN></SPAN>

When the druid had gotten close enough he hunched down and began to lunge toward Orion. The large cat roared, obviously instilling fear in the Druid by the way he waivered as he ran. Their bodies crashed together, sending the druid in the air several feet with a yelp, followed by the sounds of twigs breaking and leaves rustling as it rolled towards the bottom of the hill across the way.
</SPAN></SPAN>

Eralion was not sure what Ellelunia planned to do but since he was a horse, he couldn't just ask her. So he followed her only to the point where he wouldn't make too much noise, knowing the large group of men were close by. When he heard people begin yelling out and Orion roar he knew he had to intervene.

He galloped as fast as his hooves would take him and barrelled into the closest man, knocking him down, and stomped over his body with his thick hooves, crushing the man's bones. Eralion continued to do this a few times; running away, then running back in and breaking down one of the men. They quickly caught on to his tactics and didn't stand out and away from the group, so the last time he ran away, he came charging back from another angle. There was a little bit of a hill with a large fallen tree trunk at the top. As he crested the hill he jumped over the tree and whinnied, which quickly turned into a loud growl as his horse form changed into his favorite form, the giant brown bear. His hooves changing from their hard angled form to giant bear paws with claws seven inches long. The roar he let loose as he jumped onto two of the men, crushing their bones, terrified the others. The druid that had been travelling with them had been fighting adamantly with Orion, but he was losing. At the sight of the druid changing forms in midair, he took off. Hoping his wolf form could outrun the big black cat.

There were probably twenty men guarding the slaves in all, and by his count he knew Ellelunia had taken out at least two in the very beginning, and he was sure he had killed or trampled around five or six, he wondered how Raeos was faring. Without having the time to check around he just continued roaring and walking around, swiping at anyone who tried to attack him, or run away.

Raeos watched as the Sahrian woman moved from their hiding spot back towards the horses. The heat coming off her body was almost visible, a tightness present in her step that he had not seen before. "Please, no vigilante antics! There are maybe two dozen of them and only three," he stopped a corrected himself, remembering her pet, "four of us." He spoke low, so as to not draw the attention of the company of slavers passing nearby. His hand stretched out towards, fingers extending feebly in her direction as though he could somehow stop her.

It was to no avail. The woman found the perfect vantage point and stuck almost without warning, Eralion following soon after. Raeos stood, mouth agape, supporting himself against a tree as he took in the gravity of their actions. The druid charged in and out several times, finally becoming Bearalion and wading in to the thick of their unit. I suppose I should help. They're no good to me dead.

Raeos withdrew his crossbow, holding it in his right hand, and retrieved a bolt with his left. Circling around to the back of the group, he disengaged from the treeline and tumbled forward. During his tumble, he caught the curved end of the bow on his foot and skillfully pulled the string back in to a firing position. He stood out of the roll, using his forward momentum to spring himself up on to the horse of a guard in the back. He used his powerful thigh muscles to brace his impact and steady himself, while the arm which was holding his crossbow came across the man's face. Pressing his forearm in to the mans jaw he pulled the head back, right arm retrieving the large flaying knife and drawing the edge of it across his neck. Thick, dark liquid poured out and on to Raeos' arm, staining more than half of his sleeve with the stuff. With a jerk of his arm the dying man was tossed to the ground. In the same motion he extended the crossbow towards a slaver that had advanced towards him, loosing a bolt directly into his throat.

He dismounted the horse, keenly stepping over the two dying men towards a third. They had a small scuffle, the man stabbing thrice and only connecting with one attack on Raeos, suffering a small cut on his left shoulder. He ducked under the man's fourth attack, extending his knife towards the artery located in his arm, piercing it and sending waves of his essence to the dusty ground.

The three guard now taken care of, Raeos moved on towards the captives in the middle of the group. He moved to the door of the large wooden cage, withdrawing a small piece of metal from his sack and using it to pick the lock open. "You're all free. Leave!" Not bothering to follow up with any of them he moved to those who were unlucky enough to be moving the cage on the outside. They cowered in fear as he moved between them, one by one dismantling the shackles around their ankles. A few thanked him, but for the most part they were speechless. They had just watched a horse become a bear; it was a sight they had never seen before and were likely never to see again. He shrugged it all off as awe of the situation.

The battle lasted a little longer than Ellelunia had expected, but with the help of the druid and the human, it went well. Ellelunia was scuffling with the last man, a large bearded, scruffy looking Sahrian wielding a sword/dagger combination. Ellelunia was agile, spinning and dodging to avoid his heavy attacks. He caught her as she ducked, stabbing her clean through her side, not hitting anything vital, but enough to make her crumple to the ground. Her blood pooled on the path, and as the man reveled in his so called achievement, Orion pounced from behind, biting down with his large-saber tooth-like fangs, puncturing the man's neck and snapping his neck at the base of the spine with a loud crack.</SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia writhed for a moment among the dust that had kicked up as the big man's body fell limply next to her. She clutched her side, blood flowing over her fingers. She applied pressure and suddenly stood, her body closing the wound on its own, miraculously looking clean and scar-less; as if nothing ever happened. Ellelunia grunted while her body reacted, wiping her blood off on the dead man next to her. She hoped no one had noticed, knowing the only thing that would come from that would be annoying questions. </SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia found her bow amongst the destruction and scooped it up, making her way back to the carriage as if nothing had happened. The women were rubbing their wrists as Raeos began to free them one by one, all whispering grateful thank-yous and bowing their heads in respect. </SPAN>From the farthest back, a small girl walked forward, making the decrepit wagon creak and moan with age. The girl was small but beautiful, her small voice making Ellelunia spin around fast.</SPAN>

"Miss…" The small brunette held out a hand still staring at Ellelunia and her strangely hurt expression. As the small child stood on the back of the carriage and called out to Ellelunia, Orion looked up, tilting his bloodied head to the side past the women that were stepping out in front of him. Ellelunia's eyebrow raised as she helped Raeos with two women who were holding out their shackled wrists.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Ellelunia felt like her entire body was on fire, as if she could not move her limbs and could not blink her eyes. The young girls face was round and soft, splotches of dirt framing her large amber gold eyes similar to Trellisa's. She held out her arm and called to Ellelunia again. Orion's ears slunk back as he listened to the younger looking brunette, glancing up at them occasionally.</SPAN></SPAN>

"Miss… Thank you!" The girl wriggled with happiness and scampered back to the darkness inside the carriage. Ellelunia let out a sigh of relief and turned around fast, beginning to walk off with the blood stained Orion at her feet. </SPAN></SPAN>
Tears hovered in Ellelunia's eyes, her pain and anger surfacing. She wanted so very much to turn and gut every man that lay dead or unconscious on the ground, but she did not dare set that example for the young girl; Remembering the small tattered girl she had once been.</SPAN></SPAN>

"We should take their caravan for our own use- give these women a ride to the next town…"Ellelunia clenched her fist around her bow and detached the pieces and folded them like they had been in her pack, walking disconnected back to her horse, who was still waiting next to Raeos' horse, eating grass.</SPAN></SPAN>

'Well that was easier than I expected.' Eralion thought as he walked around to make sure none of the slavers were moving. If he saw one move he planned on bringing it to Ellelunia for questioning. Getting closer to her he saw the fight between her and the final, and probably largest, man. He watched the man stab at Ellelunia and then watched her crumple to the ground. At that moment Eralion began running over to her on all fours, but when Orion came over and snapped the man's neck, Ellelunia just stood up like nothing had happened. He slowed himself and continued to watch her from the corner of his eye as he checked on the rest of the slavers. 'Was that a feint? If so that was very believeable. I don't think I have ever seen Elle act that well.' Hearing her speak to Raeos about having the caravan take the women back he went over to the two horses, picking up their reins in his giant maw, making sure his teeth didn't pierce the supple leather. He brought them over to the caravan, thinking they would want to either ride on the horses or the caravan, but might as well get them all together now.

His body ached from the change from horse to bear earlier as he walked over to Ellelunia and looked at her with pleading eyes. He poked a sharp bear claw into her side where it looked like she had been stabbed, giving her a questioning grunt, then holding his paws out to either side of him, palms up. Wanting to know why there was blood on her shirt if she didnt get stabbed. He sniffed the shirt in the same spot and then shook his head with a grumble, it was definitely her blood. 'What the hell Elle? You definitely have your own blood on your shirt but that poke didn't bother you at all, and if you had been stabbed in the side you would still be writhing on the ground." He saw the near tears in her eyes and continued to wonder. 'If only I could see what you were thinking woman, my life would be a lot easier.' He nuzzled into her arm and hoped she would give him some answers.

Though he worked on releasing the captives, he kept his eyes on two thing; his partners and the slaver's packs. As Ellelunia grappled with another Sahrian, he bent down to one of the dead men and rifled through his things. Meat and money were all that he had but it was just enough for Raeos. Another slaver had nothing but coins on him. A third had coins and personal effects, likely things to remind him of his family. Men like this have no family. They are raised by wolves to be nothing better. He spat down on the man's pack and took a small idol out of it, placing it on the ground and crushing it under his foot.

His eyes flicked only momentarily from his companions, never straying from her or the bear for too long. He caught the assault on Ellelunia from the corner of his eye, body instinctively reacting a snapping towards her as she fell. However, Orion intervened and not too long afterwards the woman stood up, dusting herself off as though she had merely tripped. Raeos instantly shifted his attention to the still chained captives when Ellelunia began glancing about, not exposing himself as a witness to her odd deed. She came to him, helping him release the remaining few. Stomping off towards their horses, she called back to him about escorting the slaves to the next town.

"Forget that! We don't need to be encumbered with the needs of a few meek peasants." He moved towards Ellelunia, almost stalking her like he would a potential haul. I wonder...

"Besides," he began, quiet as a mouse, "we have more pressing matters." He shifted to the side of Eralion and withdrew a bolt for the crossbow from his satchel, griping it tight in his hand and thrusting out towards Ellelunia's shoulder blade. It would penetrate her skin if it connected, sure, but would not carry enough force to cause serious harm to her.

The impact of the bolt hitting her shoulder sent her spinning to the ground, landing face up, her hand instinctively going to the foreign object and pulling it out. A slight gasp came from her lips as she pulled, the bolt coming out in one piece, blood dripping off the tip.</SPAN>

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SHOOT ME?!" She screamed at him, throwing the bolt to the ground by his feet and covering the wound with her hand, her palm cupped over it as she clenched her teeth in pain.</SPAN>