EquinoxSol x Dedtoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn blushed slightly as Zar'Le asked her if her people ate meat or not, but still she shook her head. "Um...no. Only in times of famine, but we haven't had one in at least twenty years. I've never...never eaten meat..." She looks away, still blushing, hating if she inconvenienced Zar'Le's family because of her beliefs. "And...if at all possible, I would prefer not to...eat animals."

Zar'Le put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, nobody's gonna force you to eat anything. I'm sure mom's got nothing against getting a bit more varied stuff on the table." He reassured her, before turning towards his mother. "Hey mom! Could you start serving a bit more than just... meat?" He asked loudly.
Startled, she turned towards the sudden noise. "Oh hey you two! What'd you say? Serving what?" She asked. "Serving more fruits and stuff." He replied. "More...?" She looked from him, to her, then back again. "Ooooh. I get it! Yes, yes, of course! I'll make sure you won't go hungry Evelyn." She closed her book and got up. "I've got something in the oven right now, but I've got plenty of time to make you something while I wait for that." She said before getting up and walking towards the bench.
"Told you." Zar'Le simply said.

Evelyn smiled gratefully as Zar'Le reassured her that his mother wouldn't be off-put by her customs. As his mother said that it wouldn't be a problem, she turned to her before saying, "Thank you. I'm sorry if I'm inconvenienced you." Smiling at Zar'Le as he spoke to her, she nods, then says, "Thank you. I wasn't sure how to say that..."

"Oh, its nothing dear. As I said, nobody is going hungry in my house!" Pelz'Dre replied over her shoulder with a smile. "I'm used to feeding eight kids and a husband! And I tell you, making a special meal for one is nothing compared to that!" She said, before turning back to the food.

"With my mother, its simplest to say it as it is. And to say it simply, she's a great mother. And while she gets done with dinner, I could show you the last room." He said, before he turned around and walked towards one of the other doors in the main hall. The hall had half-walls and lead downwards, circling around the house a bit before entering it again, thourgh a door to the floor below it. First they got to a small room with some benches and a door leading to the next room. And as Zar'Le opened it for Evelyn, it showed a hall, much like the main hall above them, except that this one didn't have a floor. It had a large pool of water. A large pool of hot water at that, with some benches in the middle and around the edges.
"This... Is the bath. Probably the most expensive part of the house, yet also the one worth it the most. Nothing beats coming down here after a hard day to relax." His smile was in place as always as he spoke. He was proud of this room, as it proved what his people were capable of doing here, up in the trees.

Evelyn's eyes flew wide as she saw the last room. She had never been able to take a hot bath, her people would bathe in a nearby lake in the valley, careful to keep drinking water and bathing water separate. It almost never was warm, even in the summer, and during the winter it was nearly unbearable. Amazed that such a thing could be so high above the ground, she found herself staring.

"Zar'Le, how does it work? It's so high up, and I can feel the water's heat even from here. Something like this shouldn't be possible..." She looks to him, smiling widely.

Zar'Le laughed lightly. "I don't know exactly how it's done, but from what I know, it's really simple. The water comes from the tree itself. The tree pulls water from the ground for its own needs, but we've taken a 'vein' of the water that passes through this branch to fill the bath, and to keep it filled and fresh." He said proudly. "It doesn't harm the tree itself though." He quickly added. "It just means that this branch won't have as many leaves grow on it. Which also helps us, since we don't have so much work maintaining the house then. And the heat comes from those rocks." He pointed to four rocks scattered around the pool. They were all so big that they stuck out of the water, and they all had a odd symbol on them, looking a bit like a circle connected to two half moons, connected by a line. "They were made with the help of the shamans and emit heat at all times. Not so hot that it becomes uncomfortable though. Heh, we spend a lot of time down here during the winter..." He rubbed his neck a bit as he finished, slightly awkward. She probably didn't need to spend a lot of time in a heated place during the winter, like he did. But then again, from her reaction, it didn't seem like she would mind it.

Evelyn listened as Zar'Le told her how the bath worked with great interest, smiling as she did so. It was all very interesting to her, and something she would definitely love to relay to her parents the next time she saw them. Smiling, she said, "It's amazing, Zar'Le. My people have never been able to make something so wonderful..." Her eyes alight with awe, she took in the entirety of the room, grinning. "It's so beautiful here," she says wistfully, turning to him, talking about the whole of the city that she had seen. "I'm glad that I get to live here now..."

Zar'Le smiled back at her, glad to see her so happy about his home. "And we're glad to have you." He replied happily. Right now, he felt like a lucky man. He was by no means poor. Or rather, his parents was by no means poor, but then again, they weren't exactly keeping the money from him. And he was going to get married to a beautiful woman. Well, some would probably not call her that, with her hair and whatnot.

"We could give it a try, if you want?" He paused briefly before quickly adding "We've got towels to cover up with, of course." He had heard that her kind sweated and stuff, so they had more reasons to clean of than just dirt and loose scales. Or skin, in their case.

Evelyn could feel a blush appearing on her face, but she related it to the warmth of the room, and said, "Really? Zar'Le, that would be wonderful." Her smile grows wider, and she feels excitement building within her. Her father had told her of a hot springs in the mountains south of the valley where he had visited the Nymphs that had lived there. She had always been left to imagine what hot water would feel like, and the thought that she would finally be able to experience it firsthand was truly exciting.

"Hey, we don't have much better to do before dinner, do we?" He asked, cheerfully. "As I said, nothing beats coming down here after a hard day. Heck, not much beats coming here after a good day either. A good end to a good day. Anyways, the towels are in the room we came from. You want to change first, or should I?" He asked. The thought of Evelyn in a towel didn't exactly repulse him, to say it mildly.

Evelyn replied, "I'll change first," before stepping past him and going into the adjoining room. Untying the ribbon in the back of her dress once she was in the room, she then began to unbutton the clasps in the back. After that, she shrugged the sleeves off her arms, taking off the rest of the dress easily. Folding it, she laid it on one of the benches before removing her undergarments. Picking up a towel, she wraps it about herself. Holding it with one hand, she steps out of the room, into the room with the bath. "I've changed," she tells him, smiling.

Zar'Le stood outside, waiting while Evelyn changed. And when she came back out, he couldn't help but to stare and blush a bit. "Yes. Yes, you did. And I guess I should too." He said, as he walked past her, giving her one last look, before closing the door. He opened the clasps on down the front and pulled the robes off him. He then removed his undergarments, before taking a towel and put it around his waist, tying it on the back, so his tail came through the crack. He made sure to keep his tail low as he walked through the door again. It was the first time he'd been in there with any females not in his family.

After Zar'Le went into the other room, Evelyn took off the towel, leaving it by the edge of the water, and stepping into the bath. She gasped at the sudden warmth surrounding her, before sighing and leaning against the edge of it. It was beyond wonderful, and she closed her eyes gently. Hearing the door open behind her, she sank into the water more, so that more of her body was underwater. Turning to him, she said, "It's better than I imagined, Zar'Le." She smiles, though a blush dusts her cheeks upon seeing him in only a towel.

Zar'Le stepped out of the wardrobe, and saw Evelyn there. In the water. Naked. He blushed deeply. "Yeah, it is, isn't it?" Sure, he couldn't see much more of her than her head, but he could see the towel she had worn. And that was more than enough to make his mind wander into places it probably shouldn't be. At least not yet. Well, maybe not even later.
He stepped into the water, not removing his towel before the water was high enough to cover him. He moved over to the edge and put his towel in a lump on the floor, before turning around and leaned against the edge. Sure, the water wasn't clear, which meant he couldn't really see anything, but he still tried not staring too much at her. The key word being 'tried', as he wasn't all that successful.
"I, eh... It's the first time I've brought a woman in here..." He said, a bit awkward about it, with his blush not fading.

Evelyn nodded. "I've never taken a bath with a man before...It's weird for me, too." She didn't add that it was more so because they were to be married soon. However, before she said anything more, she shoved it down and instead told him, "But I don't mind too much. This might become a regular occurrence." She smiles, trying to make him feel more comfortable, even though she was also feeling rather awkward. Taking in a breath, she dipped her head beneath the water, before coming back up right afterwards, her hair wet.

Zar'Le couldn't help but to grin, his blush fading slightly as he got to know she was as 'experienced' as little as him. "Heh, I wouldn..." Was all he could say, before she dipped under the water. She didn't stay under there for long though. Giving her a moment so she could hear again, he tried again. "I wouldn't really mind that." He said, still grinning. Heck, with time, maybe he'd get to, no, don't think of that now. Could make the situation a bit more awkward. He moved himself slightly closer towards her and slid his tail towards her foot. He just hoped she wouldn't be scared by it or something.

Blushing worse as he came closer to her, she covered it up with a smile. However, she jumped when she felt something touch her foot, before realizing it was only Zar'Le's tail again. This made her curious, and she had to ask, "Why do you keep doing that?" Her voice was without accusation, simply innocent wonder. "You've done it a bit recently, and I'm just wondering why...Is it a cultural thing?"

He pulled his tail back for a moment as she started speaking, though as she didn't seem to mind it, he slowly slipped it back. "Well... I guess it's a cultural thing. It's something you do to people you... that you like?" He paused slightly, feeling a bit awkward. "You don't do something like that? I mean, you don't have tails, so you probably do something else like it?" Obviously, there was a bit of a cultural difference between them, which made him curious. If they didn't twist tails with others they liked, what'd they do? Hold hands or something? Wouldn't that be inconvenient?

Glancing away as Zar'Le says that wrapping his tail around her foot was something his people did when they liked one another, the embarrassment clear on her face, Evelyn was quiet as he told her about the mannerism. "When we especially like someone, we...kiss. And when we just like someone else, Nymphs would hold hands." She pauses, wondering if she offended him by asking. Then, she says, "I don't not like it...I like you as well, but knowing that you do that when you like someone, it's just different, so I thought I would ask..." She trails off, before giving him a small smile.

He smiled back at her in silence for a moment. "We are kinda different. But we kiss too. It's just... You know, we twist tails before that... I mean, I'm guessing you'd hold hands with someone before... kissing them, right?" He asked, shuffling slightly closer to her again. "I... I could hold your hand, if... if you preferred that..." He suddenly felt more embarrassed for some reason, and pulled his tail back a bit, yet the tip still lingered against her skin. He didn't know why he did it, but it could have been his mind suddenly registering that she didn't have a tail, and her having different customs than him or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.