EquinoxSol x Dedtoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Zar'Le placed his arm around her, she instinctively reached for his hand, figuring out for herself what was going to happen. Trying to brace herself, she forced her eyes close. A flutter of excitement went through her as he told her that the building above her was going to be her home, but even that didn't help her as the spider began going up the tree. Biting back a scream, she couldn't help but tighten her grip upon his hand, her shoulders shaking. It wasn't as bad as last time, but going almost vertical was doing nothing to help her. Her heart jumping in her chest, she felt for sure that she was going to fall. When the initial feeling passed, she was able to reopen her eyes a crack. Stealing a look down at the ground, fear flooded through her once more, and she cried out, forcing herself to look away.

As she cried out, he couldn't help but to smile slightly. He knew he shouldn't, yet he couldn't help it. He held firmly onto her and squeezed her hand in an attempt to comfort her.
It didn't take them long to reach the street-level, and the first thing that met their eyes, was the house. Or mansion, as some would call it. It was made of the wood of the same trees that it was on, but instead of full wooden walls, it also had quite a few walls made of cloth, to keep the temperature inside the same as outside. In front of the main door, there was a area with flowerbeds, almost overflowing with beautiful flowers and plants.
Zar'Le slowly removed his hand from her and stood up, yet he kept her hand in his. As he helped her down, he simply said "Welcome home." with a wide smile.

As they reached the street level, and Evelyn felt like she was able to breath again, she gasped as she was able to see the house. It was gorgeous, and so much bigger than any house they had in the valley. Even from there, she could smell the flowers on the beds in front of the door. As Zar'Le helped her off the spider, she couldn't help but smile down at him. Once firmly on the ground, she felt her breath be taken away from her as he welcomed her.

"Home," she breathed, thinking of the years she would spend here. "It's...it's perfect, Zar'Le," she tells him, still smiling.

He put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "I'm glad you like it. It's been my home ever since I hatched, and the home of my family for quite a few generations. I'm glad you like it." He said with a smile.

"I'll let you show her around son. I'll go make sure everything is going well at the farm in the meantime." Ahri said as he got off the spider, before he walked away, towards the farm.

"Let me show you around. Oh, and Thzan! Unload the spider, would you?" Zar'Le asked, before he started leading Evelyn through the garden, towards the front door.
He opened it with his free hand, to reveal a large, open hall, with cloth walls waving lazily in the breeze. A large pile of pillows were in the middle of the room, while some pools of water and more plants were spread around the rest of the large room. There were a few doorways around the walls, obviously leading to the other rooms of the house, one of which had the smell of meat being cooked coming from it.
"This is the main room, where we spend most of the time."

Evelyn was startled as Zar'Le placed his arm around her waist, some of her past fears coming back up. She almost pushed him away, but forced herself to stay next to him, listening to him say that he had lived there for his whole life, and it had been his family's home for generations. Smiling, she watched as his father left them, and Zar'Le led her into his home.

As they entered the main room, she took it all in with wonder, a smile upon her face. The houses the nymphs lived in were always just enough for a family to live in, and were almost always self-sustaining. Here, it was so different than what she was used to, and if filled her with amazement. Never before had she thought her world to be so big, yet here she was on top of a tree with the man she would marry in a couple weeks.

Zar'Le smiled at her obvious amazement of the room, and as he opened his mouth to say something more, a voice came from the opening smelling of food. "Oh you're back!" A Lizardkin woman with almost yellow scales stood there, clad in a small, purple dress, clasping her hands to her chest.
"Yes, Mother, we are back. And hello to you." He answered her simply. She quickly came up to the two and hugged them both.
"Welcome Evelyn! I'm so happy to meet you! Welcome to our home!" She said excitedly, before releasing her. "I'm Pelz'dre, and I'm the one who gave birth to this little thing." She said, reaching up and patting her son on the cheek.

As the Lizardkin woman hugged the two of them, Evelyn had to admit that she was surprised, to say the least, but found herself still smiling as she greeted her. "It's lovely to meet you, Pelz'dre. I am glad to meet you as well, " Evelyn said, smiling warmly. "Thank you for welcoming me to your home, I'm honored. Your home really is beautiful, on the outside and on the inside." Giving her a wider smile, she says, "I am very happy to be here."

"Oh thank you dear. I try to keep it looking good." She sighed slightly. "Used to be easier when I still had my daughters around..." A hint of sadness was in her tone, as she looked about the large room, yet the cheerful tone returned as she turned back to Evelyn. "But soon I'll have a new daughter, now won't I? Ah, but where are my manners? Are you hungry from the trip? I've got something cooking right now, if you want some?"

Zar'Le decided not to interrupt. He knew how his mother could become if he did, and that was something he preferred to avoid at all costs, so he simply stood there, smiling and nodding.

"Oh, no, I-I'm fine...Thank you, though." Evelyn didn't mention that she had never eaten meat in her life, because she would hate to inconvenience Zar'Le's mother. "We had a meal before leaving my valley, and I don't think that I can eat after feeling like I was going to fall off of the spiders, but I would love eating with you later." Evelyn smiles politely, trying to remember her mother's lessons she had given her about being polite among people she just met. She hadn't had those lessons in years, but was struggling to recall them. Smiling, she says, "Thank you, again, for offering, though. I truly appreciate it."

"Well, if you get hungry then, just come to me. I'm darn well not letting anyone walk around my house hungry!" She said with motherly love already. "I'll leave you two to whatever it was you were doing then." She said, flashing the two a grin and blinking at them, before turning and walking back to the kitchen. She was sure they had done nothing naughty. She knew she had taught her son better than to try such things so early. Yet the thought of it almost made her giggle.

Zar'Le couldn't help but to blush slightly at his mother's behavior as she left. After a few moments of awkward silence, he asked Evelyn a simple question. "Would you like to see what will be your room?" Then he suddenly realize the possible implications, hoping she didn't do the same. Or at least he hoped that she hadn't thought he had meant... What his mother had teased at.

"Of course," Evelyn replied as Zar'Le's mother told her that if she was hungry to go to her. However, she couldn't hold back a blush as she insinuated that she and Zar'Le had been doing anything. Even so, the redness only increased as he asked her if she wanted to see her room. Swallowing the embarrassment she was feeling, and determining not to mention his choice of words, she answered, "Yes, that would be lovely." Feeling the redness begin to leave her face, she clasped her hands in front of her, trying not to feel uncomfortable by what he had said.

However, she couldn't keep the redness from coming back as she thought that they might be sleeping in the same bed. Hopefully, she thought, not immediately, feeling slightly scared by the idea.

"This way then." He said, a bit awkwardly, before leading her through one of the openings. They walked upwards and the hall lead them to a walkway leading to a smaller part of the house, resting on a smaller branch. Inside there was a round hall, with doors leading to the rooms. He pointed towards the door to their right, closest to themselves.

"That's my room. You're room will be the one next to it. And the one on furthest from the entrance is my parents' room. The other four are empty. So I suppose you could chose any of those if you prefer. They are all the same inside, its just their placement that's different." Without waiting for an answer, he led her through her door.

The room they entered was a room fitting with the rest of the house, as it was of a decent size and quite a few flowers spread around. The walls separating this room from the others was made of wood, obviously for privacy, though the outer wall was more of a fence with curtains over it, allowing for a view of the swamp and surrounding city. In the middle of the room, there was a pit, filled with pillows, obviously being the sleeping area.
"I hope you like it as much as the rest you've seen so far." Zar'Le said with a smile.

As Evelyn followed Zar'Le to where her bedroom would be, she took note of his nervousness, knowing that she was as awkward as he was. When he told her where his room was, and that hers was next to it, she nodded, smiling once more. Stepping into her room, she was as amazed as she was about the rest of the house, elated at living in such a beautiful place. Stepping over to the outer wall, pushing back curtains to look out, she gasped at the view, both out of fear and wonder. She had never been up so high, and it was an awe-inspiring and terrifying thing. Turning back to him, she took in the flowers spread around the room and the sleeping area in the center, the smile apparent on her face.

"It's so beautiful, Zar'Le," she says, still gazing around the room.

He smiled once more. "I'm glad you like it. I figured you'd want a room of your own rather than sharing with me from the first night on. And since all my siblings' old rooms were free, and so, well, here we are. And yes, it has been cleaned since it was last used, so you wont be finding old scales in your bed." He said, chuckling slightly to himself.
Just as he was done speaking, Tzhan came in the door, carrying Evelyn's chest. "Haza ze ahl?" He asked Zar'Le.
"Zhe." He answered, pointing to a spot of the floor. Tzhan nodded and put the chest down next to the wall he had been pointed to, before leaving to get the rest of the luggage.
"So..." Zar'Le turned back to Evelyn. "Would you like to see the rest of the house now, or would you prefer to set yourself up in your room?"

Evelyn agreed with him as he stated that he thought she would prefer sleeping alone for a while. While she knew that she would be married to him soon, she wanted to feel for him before she would sleep in the same bed with him. She was grateful that the room had been cleaned, thinking that it would be odd if she had been sleeping where someone else had slept recently. As he and Tzhan spoke, she was silent, not understanding a word of the language they spoke. Smiling as Zar'Le asked if she would like to see more of the house or set herself up, she answered, "I want to stay here and set myself up. There will be time to look around later..." Smiling, she walked over to her chest, feeling slightly sad at the thought that all she owned was in it.

"Indeed it will. I will be going to visit another lady-friend of mine then." He said, as he walked towards the window. As he got there, he leaned slightly out of it and whistled loudly, before turning back to her for a moment. "My mother will most likely be in the kitchen or main hall if you need anything, and I will be back in not too long." He said, smiling at what was about to happen.
Suddenly, the sound of quick, skittering feet were on the roof, heading for the window. And then a large spider appeared in the window, hanging from the roof. It looked at the two for a moment before recognizing Zar'Le and started rubbing it's face at him, with him petting it in return. "This is my other spider, Xana, if you didn't understand it. She's more for riding than petting, but then again, she doesn't mind a bit of petting. But I'll leave you alone for now." He said, grabbing hold of her front legs. He gave Evelyn one last smile, before the spider pulled him up onto the roof. Once up there, he got onto Xana and rode off.

Evelyn watched as Zar'Le left through the window, smiling as he left. Kneeling in front of her chest, she opened it, showing her dresses and drawing materials. Organizing her things more thoroughly than she had when she left. At the bottom of her chest she found a dark blue-dyed blanket her mother had made for her before she left. Unfolding it, she laid it out on the bed, straightening it. Though she wouldn't admit it, she was a bit of a perfectionist, and liked everything to be just so, and as such she spent a couple moments making sure it was properly placed. Once that was finished, she changed into a clean, dark green dress, placing the other one in her chest, away from her clean clothes. Picking up the scraps of paper that had drawings on them, she placed them to the side, deciding to figure out what to do with them later.

Zar'Le rode across the roof before going upwards, towards Xana's web. Once they got to it, he started speaking to his spider. "Yeah, I know, I said I was gonna be gone for a few days. But what can I say? Dad told me it was a three day trip. But I guess it was a three day walk he meant." He chuckled. "And yes, Azyandra is safe. I take good care of her, you know." He tended to tell her when he was going away without her for a while.
"And, eh... I'll probably not be spending as much time with you in the coming weeks. Seeing as I'm getting married and all. Though, it might be the opposite as well, seeing as she seemed to want to learn to ride. So who knows?"

He spent some time up in the web before going back down to the house. He went back into the main hall, dumping down into the cushioned area. He sat there, relaxing for a few moments and closing his eyes. Then he felt something crawl onto his face. "Hi Azy." He said simply as he slowly opened his eyes, meeting the many eyes of his spider. "Happy to be out of your cage again, I see?" He asked cheerfully, before giving her back a rub.

After arranging her clothes the way she liked it, making sure the symmetry is just so, she places her drawing materials on top of her clothing, careful not to disrupt anything. Hearing someone in the main hall, she stood up, figuring it would be good to interact with her soon-to-be husband and his family. Going to the room, she sees him sitting down with Azy on his face. Going to the cushioned area quietly, so as not to startle the spider, she sits down next to him, gently stroking the spider's back.

Turning to Zar'Le, she says, "I've finished setting up. Would you show me the rest of the house?" She smiles, still petting the spider.

Zar'Le was distracted by the spider on his face, so he was startled when Evelyn sat down next to him. He held his hand up to his face so Azy could climb onto it before he answered Evelyn. "Well, sure. There's not really all that much more to show off though. Heh... Okay, there might be one more room that'll impress you." He said before standing up. "But let's take the closest room; The kitchen."
He lead her to the kitchen; Smaller than the hall. On the wall opposite of the door was a long bench with whatever necessities one could need for making food, along with a few cupboards for food storage and a stove. In the middle of the room there was a long table and chairs, most decorated with some symbols. On one of them, Pelz'Dre was sitting, lazily eating some roasted meat of some kind and reading a book.
"Um... I just gotta ask about something. I noticed you only served... fruits and whatnot back in the valley. And that you're teeth aren't... Well, as sharp as ours. So are you Nymphs some of those people who don't eat animals?" Zar'Le asked. It was something that had been in the back of his head since the lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.