Empire of Remanus (OOC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, Taco. Yeah, for mythologist and similar traits, I'll PM you if a roll comes out that would give your character a lot of info about a particular creature. Basically, it will be done on a dice basis and I will keep you updated on that.

Ah I see. That actually brings up another question. In what situations do we need to roll dice?

Basically, I will be rolling dice for stuff like persuasion (did you just squeak by or did your words move all of the enemy to come join you), combat (to see if your strike glances off or if it's a killing blow), to activate traits (especially for deciding when infelix will berserk and when to divulge information to players with mythologist and such). It's pretty standard. Things like Divine Infighting and luck are dice-rolled, too.

Basically, I will be rolling dice for stuff like persuasion (did you just squeak by or did your words move all of the enemy to come join you), combat (to see if your strike glances off or if it's a killing blow), to activate traits (especially for deciding when infelix will berserk and when to divulge information to players with mythologist and such). It's pretty standard. Things like Divine Infighting and luck are dice-rolled, too.
Funny how I was curious about this very thing and it's already being discussed. ^_^ So do you want us to write down when we want to use a trait, like in brackets or something, or shall we leave it to you to apply them as seems fitting?

I'll apply it as it seems fitting. I can make this process very transparent, if you would like. I'm still kind of learning the whole "be a GM who uses dice" shtick myself, so it might be good if I update the OOC after every "turn" so to speak with the results of your rolls and whatnot.

I'll apply it as it seems fitting. I can make this process very transparent, if you would like. I'm still kind of learning the whole "be a GM who uses dice" shtick myself, so it might be good if I update the OOC after every "turn" so to speak with the results of your rolls and whatnot.
However you like, Foxxie. I was just curious to know what would be expected of me as a player regarding this. Can't say having less to worry about upsets me any. :P

I know what you mean about GMing with dice for a PBP. Might be doing that soon myself. Doesn't seem like it'll be too difficult, though, and it'll add some spontaneity to interactions and encounters.

So let's say Aquila is trying to blind a Cyclops with an arrow. Would I essentially just write about how I shoot at its eye and you would say if I hit based on a dice roll? Or would I roll the dice, then get a pm or something if I hit. And do we get situational bonuses or minuses to the rolls? For example it might be easier to hit a target of it's movement is restricted.

So let's say Aquila is trying to blind a Cyclops with an arrow. Would I essentially just write about how I shoot at its eye and you would say if I hit based on a dice roll? Or would I roll the dice, then get a pm or something if I hit. And do we get situational bonuses or minuses to the rolls? For example it might be easier to hit a target of it's movement is restricted.
Just write your best, sit back and pray to the dice gods.

Reactions: Stopwatched
And an IC appears

Sorry for the delay. Basically, I figured giving you your first posts to get yourselves to Aesernia would be good. Once all of you have posted, I'll get us moving on the whole investigation/hunting stuff. Once everyone has gotten their posts in, I'd like to see if I can figure out a set day of the week that would be best for me to post a plot-moving-forward post for you all, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, enjoy, and thanks for your patience.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
If she is using a similar system to what my friends use...

Your post include [Action Attempts].

These can be anything from trying to pickpocket, persuade, searching the area for anything of note, making a strike at an enemy, defending something, etc, etc.

There are modifiers to your attempts based upon the situation, such as your likeliness to succeed, ie) are your enemies/you&allies working together, your stats/traits, how clear/obscured, how observant, etc.

If rolling against an enemy, they will often have a difficulty check with an [Opposing Roll] to determine their reaction. If they roll better than you, they very well might have mitigated your attack, saw through your disguise and even injured you.

But all of this can be usually be worked through by playing smart, using your resources and working with each other. If you go charging in alone and fighting blindly without using what the GM gives you, you will likely die. In the same instance, the GM is out to get you, trust nothing they give you and proceed with caution, trust only your fellow players. Yet also, your fellow players are dicks who are secretly working with the GM waiting to stab the team in the back, so you're alone.

But ya know, you gotta work with what you got. Which is a sadistic god and a bunch of assholes waiting to fuck you over for their own personal gains. Good luck.

Just putting this here to remind people that Latin died out for a reason, and that we shouldn't be using it in our posts, ESPECIALLY gratuitously.

Well my intro post is up hope everyone likes it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
First!
Well my intro post is up hope everyone likes it.
tumblr_m38i05mUuO1qhcbfy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Would a hug make it better? xD.

dr-evil-crying1.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Working on a post. If may ask, @Foxxie, can you provide details on weather, time of day and/or terrain?

Assuming everyone departed around early afternoon, it's getting close to sunset by the time Valens and Ianuaria finally arrive on the scene. Feel free to set your intro posts slightly before then, because it's probable that you've been there for an hour or two before the NPCs catch up. Pretty clear day outside, Marchish or Aprilish (I was going to give you a concrete date in this first mission, and I still might, but I want to get my timeline really down pat... not to mention the fact that those pesky Romans only had 10 months) and Aesernia is surrounded by small foothills and dense forests. As for the town itself, it's fairly flat and field-like. The houses aren't huge... think of a smaller, riverless Virunum, if that helps.

Thanks! Guess this is shortly following the Ides of March then, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.