Empire of Remanus (OOC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's see where I left off. Some characters need approving, some people need welcoming, and some first mission details need to be solidified. I think we should be able to get this started very soon. I don't want momentum to stall, but I also don't want to launch it while some people are still trickling in, so, I hope to be getting another CS or two before the IC goes up, but I'll see where that leaves us, time-wise.

Yeah my char needs divine favor skill Son of Mars.

@Shattered♦Secrets™, Tiberius looks good, but I do want to talk about your custom for a moment. It's basically just the equivalent of the infelix trait, Scrappy, right? The more beaten up he gets, the better he does in combat, but wounds aren't healed, they're simply ignored in the heat of combat, yes? I can allow it as a burst power for now, as something that will only last for a bit of time, and that can increase as time goes on and as our battles will likely get longer and more complex.

As for your Divine Favor:

Tempered Steel: You have the ability to infuse any weapon you touch with a fighting energy that will make it nearly impossible to break, which means that your spears, shield, and armor will be much more resilient than most, although not entirely unbreakable. This power also works on metal objects. This process takes a moment or two, and does wear off with time, so best to apply it before battles.

@Taco Mako, Aquila is accepted and his custom checks out just fine. The OP is updated with all of the new characters.

We're getting a lot of monster hunters, which isn't a bad thing, but it's definitely surprising me.

We're getting a lot of monster hunters, which isn't a bad thing, but it's definitely surprising me.
"Hello, yes, I'd like to be the Faun that collects herbs while everyone's gouging the eye from a Cyclops. Thanks."

"Hello, yes, I'd like to be the Faun that collects herbs while everyone's gouging the eye from a Cyclops. Thanks."
Well, I just figured more people would want to be gladiators or demigod heroes, or something to that effect. And hey, there's nothing wrong with Fauns who like collecting herbs in the middle of a bloody battle. They, too, will have their uses.

* Makes a dick move by posting link to a roleplay in the sign-up section. ( Sorry ) *

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threa...eries-knowledge-required.103596/#post-2085716
What would compel you to do this?

Sure, my roleplay isn't to your liking. That's fine. I'm glad that you stopped by and considered it, and also happy that you're making a roleplay of your own that suits your needs. But how rude do you have to be to advertise it here? Usually, when someone bows out of a roleplay in which everyone was nothing but helpful towards them, and who wished them luck when they were leaving, they tend to go off to do their own thing, not promote themselves.

Please don't disrespect me or my players, Iallcsz.

You're so straight when you're being assertive. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Awake, dear heterosexuality, awake. Thou hast slept well. Awake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, I'm gone one day and this is what happens. :P

FWIW, my own intent was always to play this game as "more than just a monster-hunting RP," but I wanted to cover my bases since that was the most explicit label given it. My general ambition will be to play the RP as something not unlike the TV series Rome.

Also, for whoever wrote Aquila (Tacowhosit?), the military would not traditionally purchase slaves. Slaves don't make good soldiers. They might serve soldiers (in several capacities), but they'd lack the training and general trustworthiness for anyone to march them into battle.

Jeez, I'm gone one day and this is what happens. :P

FWIW, my own intent was always to play this game as "more than just a monster-hunting RP," but I wanted to cover my bases since that was the most explicit label given it. My general ambition will be to play the RP as something not unlike the TV series Rome.

Also, for whoever wrote Aquila (Tacowhosit?), the military would not traditionally purchase slaves. Slaves don't make good soldiers. They might serve soldiers (in several capacities), but they'd lack the training and general trustworthiness for anyone to march them into battle.
Eh, the unit i made up isn't exactly a traditional military unit, it's a suicide squad. Plus, a nation and it's military practices are shaped by the world around them. It's a fictional world with supernatural threats, it's not the same as real life Rome. Who's to say military isnt using slaves to pad their ranks against powerful beasties?

Also, the use of slaves in the military has been a semi-common practice throughout the world for most of human history. Usually it was children who then spend their lives in the military (like Aquila) but even for adults, going from slave to soldier was seen as an elevation of status in most cultures.

@Taco Mako

I take your first point, that's definitely fair enough and actually a pretty cool idea.

However, we are still playing in a setting inspired by and modeled after ancient Rome, where it's more or less that in name unless we're told otherwise. So it would be a good idea, generally speaking, to try to play in that spirit and not get too removed from the culture we're imitating. I, for one, definitely got pulled in because I want to write a PC living in a Roman world, even if one that's not called that and has some crazy monsters. :P

@Shattered♦Secrets™, Tiberius looks good, but I do want to talk about your custom for a moment. It's basically just the equivalent of the infelix trait, Scrappy, right? The more beaten up he gets, the better he does in combat, but wounds aren't healed, they're simply ignored in the heat of combat, yes? I can allow it as a burst power for now, as something that will only last for a bit of time, and that can increase as time goes on and as our battles will likely get longer and more complex.

As for your Divine Favor:

Tempered Steel: You have the ability to infuse any weapon you touch with a fighting energy that will make it nearly impossible to break, which means that your spears, shield, and armor will be much more resilient than most, although not entirely unbreakable. This power also works on metal objects. This process takes a moment or two, and does wear off with time, so best to apply it before battles.

@Taco Mako, Aquila is accepted and his custom checks out just fine. The OP is updated with all of the new characters.

Yeah it's like the demigod version of adrenaline, he would have to have some one up type power when it comes to battles, since his father is the God of War. I like the divine favor, it's pretty freaking cool.

@Foxxie! Confused by wording again. Does Healing Touch require water (and if so, in what quantity) to function properly?

Tiberius is accepted, with that clarification of the custom in mind.

As for Healing Touch, water is required, but I realize I didn't make it super clear. In terms of basic bodily stuff, using the water inside of the body (the laying on off hands) should be enough to cover scratches and cuts and whatnot, but removing hexes needs outside water. I swear, there was a version of that trait I'd written up where it was definitely better explained.

I am somewhat intrigued. Will need more time to decide however.

As for Healing Touch, water is required, but I realize I didn't make it super clear. In terms of basic bodily stuff, using the water inside of the body (the laying on off hands) should be enough to cover scratches and cuts and whatnot, but removing hexes needs outside water.
Ah, I see.

*cough*

Wow, is that canteen just laying on the ground there before the roleplay begins?! That's a fire hazard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ozferatu
Hello again, all. Just wanted to stop by and say that a major assignment of mine is almost all finished for school, and what that means for you is progress on the IC post. I will post the first mission details for you all tomorrow (3/26), and it'll appear basically as a little bounty blurb, but it should give you a general idea of what you're going to be up against. From there, it should only take me another day or two (depending on when I hand in the essay) for this RP to begin.

So, try to get your characters in and completed and such. I will accept characters after the IC goes up, of course, but they might not be able to drop in right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.