Empire of Remanus (OOC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, all. Just wanted to stop by and say that a major assignment of mine is almost all finished for school, and what that means for you is progress on the IC post. I will post the first mission details for you all tomorrow (3/26), and it'll appear basically as a little bounty blurb, but it should give you a general idea of what you're going to be up against. From there, it should only take me another day or two (depending on when I hand in the essay) for this RP to begin.

So, try to get your characters in and completed and such. I will accept characters after the IC goes up, of course, but they might not be able to drop in right away.
And there was much rejoicing.

Hello again, all. Just wanted to stop by and say that a major assignment of mine is almost all finished for school, and what that means for you is progress on the IC post. I will post the first mission details for you all tomorrow (3/26), and it'll appear basically as a little bounty blurb, but it should give you a general idea of what you're going to be up against. From there, it should only take me another day or two (depending on when I hand in the essay) for this RP to begin.

So, try to get your characters in and completed and such. I will accept characters after the IC goes up, of course, but they might not be able to drop in right away.
Boooooooooooooooo.

Not fast enough. Booooooooooooo.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to it, Foxxie!

Also, had a bit of an offbeat idea that I could rewrite Musca's mother as still living and serving in some modest household in Remanus after some inveigling on her son's part. Just kind of like the idea of a monster-hunting slaver/con artist who's got a doting mother he supports. Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas and all that.

Functionally, it gives me some peripheral characters for him to interact with in addition to the PCs, and the possibility of plot hooks.

Looking forward to it, Foxxie!

Also, had a bit of an offbeat idea that I could rewrite Musca's mother as still living and serving in some modest household in Remanus after some inveigling on her son's part. Just kind of like the idea of a monster-hunting slaver/con artist who's got a doting mother he supports. Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas and all that.

Functionally, it gives me some peripheral characters for him to interact with in addition to the PCs, and the possibility of plot hooks.
Who the GM will inevitably bring in as as NPCs of their own and exploit for their gains.

Who the GM will inevitably bring in as as NPCs of their own and exploit for their gains.
Well, that's partly what they'd be there for. But that said, I've also played in games where GMs more or less leave these "side PCs" alone. Anyway, if Foxxie found some use for them, that'd be fine with me.

[fieldbox="Cavē, white, solid"]For the past few weeks, farmers around the small rural community of Aesernia, to the southeast of Remanus, have been reporting their flocks have decreased drastically in number, seeming to be the victims of grisly animal attacks. Claw marks and distinct patches of dead grass have been noted around the scenes of these slaughters. The news of the first human casualties on account of this beast has sparked the need for this warning to all citizens of the empire, especially to avoid the roads leading in that direction. Patrols will be dispatched to guard that path in case of unavoidable travel.

A reward of 150 denarii will be dispensed to whomever can bring back proof of having slayed the beast. Upon returning, the trophy is to be brought to Gaius Horatiī.[/fieldbox]

So, yeah, sorry for that being late, but it's indeed a monster hunting mission. Not all of your missions will look quite like this, as there will definitely be guile missions and all sorts of surprises in the future, but I do want the first two missions to be a taste of both sides of the coin.

I hear Cavē is lovely this time of year.

To be clear: Are we required to meet in the forum haha before accepting the mission, or are we all just starting the first one separately?

I think that it would make some sense for all of your characters to meet in the forum just so that there's a reference point, even if it's not totally realistic.

Now, just a word about this mission. Some of you might be playing characters who don't seem like they'd jump at the chance to hunt monsters. For the higher class citizens, particularly politicians, some in Remanus enjoyed taking on small missions to prove their dedication to the empire, as a form of voluntary ass-kissing community service, in a way. It's not even uncommon to see consuls on beast hunts if they feel they need to gain clout. In fact, they were sometimes seen as good luck charms, or motivation for the soldiers and former slaves who were scrapped for denarii and taking on these life-threatening tasks in the first place. Whether or not the others see them that way is decidedly not my call. As for lower class citizens, the money would definitely be good motivation, and while anima are not generally liked, jobs like this with high risk would not be seized from them immediately, because, hey, there's still a chance that a few anima will die if the empire doesn't discriminate.

I think that it would make some sense for all of your characters to meet in the forum just so that there's a reference point, even if it's not totally realistic.
Wait, hear me out on this.

What would the forum scene add? It'd serve as an introduction for each of the characters, which could and would be done as they meet naturally during the hunt. It'd give them the quest to begin with, which isn't necessary because, presumably, these bounties have gone up like gangbusters in the local area to catch this deadly beast. It'd give everyone a "hub" to return to after the mission's over, which can be solved if even one member of the party says "Hey, let's go to the forum to look for another mission! I know the way!".

It's ultimately your call, of course, and I'm fine doing it either way; Just worried about a slow start. In medias res and all that.

I'm inclined to agree with Stopwatched, but I'll roll with whatever. Maybe you've got something planned at the forum.

Choi, you are strange.

Updating the OP with some odds and ends, putting the finishing garnishes on the IC, and overall, we're very close to launch. I have decided not to start off the IC in the forum in that slow manner, as I do see your point about the difficulty of such a slow-rolling start.

Choi, since you changed Felix up to make him a Vulcanson and not a Bacchusson, I must now change your divine favor.

Promethean Touch: As your father god is the one who creates and curates the flames, you have the ability to summon a (non-damaging) flame that can be used to heal... but not physical injuries. It functions more as a cleansing flame, to restore vitality and stamina, and to clear up spells that might affect the mind. Also, hey, it could totally be used to light up dark places, but it is rather small.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pastor ćhoi
I just can't wait for us to start.

I think I am going to have Tiberius down the road break down, because he lost a battle or fight to a monster or someone else way stronger then him. Everyone would be able to see the vulnerable side behind the tough and brave one. He wants to please is father so bad, that he doesn't want to loose to anyone, that is going to be a great character transition xD.

I just can't wait for us to start.

I think I am going to have Tiberius down the road break down, because he lost a battle or fight to a monster or someone else way stronger then him. Everyone would be able to see the vulnerable side behind the tough and brave one. He wants to please is father so bad, that he doesn't want to loose to anyone, that is going to be a great character transition xD.
Sir, I had JUST gotten that song from the Lion King out of my head. Pretty sure I hate you now.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Sir, I had JUST gotten that song from the Lion King out of my head. Pretty sure I hate you now.
Bro... Don't worry about it, for the rest of your days.

It's a problem-free philosophy.

Bro... Don't worry about it, for the rest of your days.

It's a problem-free philosophy.

Nah, Can't Wait To Be King is still in there. Hakuna Matata never stuck with me.

You guys xD.

@Foxxie I was wondering about how I should handle Aquila's Mythologist trait. Should I just PM you for deets on mythological creatures or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.