Empire of Remanus (OOC|Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, Roman History isn't my thing but i'll give it a shot with the CS. I can use anime pics right?

Name: Aquila

Sex: Male

Birthplace: Cairo

Species: Human

Appearance: 5'10" with the build of someone who hunts and kills mythological creatures for a living.

Toma.jpg

Personality: cool-headed, cunning, quick-witted, resourceful, goal-oriented

History: When Aquila was 10 years old, the imperial military bought him from his parents in Cairo. They stuck him in a cage and shipped him to Remanus Proper, where he was conscripted into a new unit of the military called Venator. Venator was the pet project of an ambitious general. The mission of Venator was to undertake tasks considered too dangerous for common legionaires, tasks involving hostile monsters, demi-gods, non-human species, and all manner of deadly opposition. In other words, suicide missions. The death rate was high, but there were always plenty of conscripts, slaves, and unwanted children to replace the fallen. Somehow, Aquila lived long enough to develop the skills to hunt and kill most anything given proper preparation and equipment. When Aquila was 23, the general that led Venator was accused of crimes against the state. Apparently some rival had convinced the right people that he was using Venator to train his own personal assassins. The general executed, Venator was purged. It's unknown how many escaped the purge, but Aquila managed to get away. Now he travels from place to place, using his skills and knowledge to bring down dangerous prey for fat bounties.

Traits: Unremarkable, Sixth sense, tactician, Hunter, Mythologist

Custom: Lightning Reflexes: Aquila spent most of his life hunting and fighting creatures that could kill him in seconds. He's developed supreme situational awareness and the ability to do what needs to be done without thought. Whether it be a timely side-step or a precise deathblow to a momentarily exposed weak point, Aquila always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Equipment: Leather armor, a dagger, two short swords he wears on the small of his back, a very strong high quality bow, plenty of arrows, a small shield, traveling cloak, a pack with standard survival gear as well as a variety of nets, traps, and lures. He also carries a variety of poisons, both general toxins and poisons for specific creatures. He doesn't usually carry much money on him, but he has a fair amount in the bank under the name of a trusted proxy. Aquila gives the man money to provide a comfortable life for his family, and in return he handles Aquila's finances.

Hm, Roman History isn't my thing but i'll give it a shot with the CS. I can use anime pics right?
Totally cool, it's not much my thing either... But there are some things of intrigue. I find the Greek and Roman pantheons interesting as well as the cultures and sometimes it is cool to just see what you stumble upon researching for your writing. I've already found a bit just looking for my CSs. Oh, and the mythological creatures! WHO DOES NOT LOVE THOSE?!

And I... Would suppose they are okay... But would you really want to? So easy to find a million better pictures q.q For all of these things. I would adore you forever and ever. I could even probably even help you if you told me what sorta character and style thing you're looking for.

And sorry if this comes off insulting or condescending. It really is just a major personal preference of mine. I will always go for a more... Portrait style art before face claims or anime typically. I mean, there is a time and place... But I feel in... Especially an RP like this that is so fantasy oriented >_> <_< ya...

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Totally cool, it's not much my thing either... But there are some things of intrigue. I find the Greek and Roman pantheons interesting as well as the cultures and sometimes it is cool to just see what you stumble upon researching for your writing. I've already found a bit just looking for my CSs. Oh, and the mythological creatures! WHO DOES NOT LOVE THOSE?!

And I... Would suppose they are okay... But would you really want to? So easy to find a million better pictures q.q For all of these things. I would adore you forever and ever. I could even probably even help you if you told me what sorta character and style thing you're looking for.

And sorry if this comes off insulting or condescending. It really is just a major personal preference of mine. I will always go for a more... Portrait style art before face claims or anime typically. I mean, there is a time and place... But I feel in... Especially an RP like this that is so fantasy oriented >_> <_< ya...

I haven't decided on what type of character i'm going to write. I usually go all out if I like the character enough. So what other pictures are there? I don't like using realistic photos since I find them boring overall. Anime is a medium and not a genre people seem to forget that. There's much more opitions for anime photos opposed towards realistic photos. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Well, you have the comic book style as depicted by Taco maki on this page... And then you have two different stylings of some modern stylings of digital art portraits done as my character sheets in "realistic" style...

http://kestrelshatterwind.deviantart.com/art/White-Faun-45693053?q=favby:TempestRaine/40962845&qo=32

Another style that is a little heavier lined and softer but isn't quite as disproportionate and exaggerated as anime....

http://tempestraine.deviantart.com/art/Satyr-446168345

One of the types I really enjoy because of the vivid colours and sleekness that tend to appear in anime I've seen but again with the proportions and features more akin to our world's

http://tempestraine.deviantart.com/art/Snafu-175458227

A more sketched quality as if with coloured charcoal or coloured pencils.

So really, its just spending time looking at what snags your attention and some art styles can even relay a different vibe between characters. IE) having an old time photograph style on that soldier would have made it seemed more like a more grizzled vigilant soldier of WW2/WW1 picture than a softer thoughtful man

I am about to embark on a long bus ride back to college, so I'll be working on approving and updating slowly but surely along the way.

As for the subject of anime images, I didn't explicitly prohibit them in the official rules, but I do tend to prefer other styles of art/photography for character appearances. I don't rule them out because I know that anime has had a big influence on other media, and it's not impossible to find an anime-themed image that looks really good. But hey, Tempest makes a helpful point with those images. Also, definitely take her up on her image offer. The woman's got coffers.

I haven't decided on what type of character i'm going to write. I usually go all out if I like the character enough. So what other pictures are there? I don't like using realistic photos since I find them boring overall. Anime is a medium and not a genre people seem to forget that. There's much more opitions for anime photos opposed towards realistic photos. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Might I suggest a more guile based character?

E
No. You are not allowed to say this with that avatar. It looks and feels way too creepy and like it is leading into a trap.
EXACTLY!

Well, you have the comic book style as depicted by Taco maki on this page... And then you have two different stylings of some modern stylings of digital art portraits done as my character sheets in "realistic" style...

http://kestrelshatterwind.deviantart.com/art/White-Faun-45693053?q=favby:TempestRaine/40962845&qo=32

Another style that is a little heavier lined and softer but isn't quite as disproportionate and exaggerated as anime....

http://tempestraine.deviantart.com/art/Satyr-446168345

One of the types I really enjoy because of the vivid colours and sleekness that tend to appear in anime I've seen but again with the proportions and features more akin to our world's

http://tempestraine.deviantart.com/art/Snafu-175458227

A more sketched quality as if with coloured charcoal or coloured pencils.

So really, its just spending time looking at what snags your attention and some art styles can even relay a different vibe between characters. IE) having an old time photograph style on that soldier would have made it seemed more like a more grizzled vigilant soldier of WW2/WW1 picture than a softer thoughtful man

I guess so, i'm open-minded to other forms of art if they're good. I still prefer anime although.
I am about to embark on a long bus ride back to college, so I'll be working on approving and updating slowly but surely along the way.

As for the subject of anime images, I didn't explicitly prohibit them in the official rules, but I do tend to prefer other styles of art/photography for character appearances. I don't rule them out because I know that anime has had a big influence on other media, and it's not impossible to find an anime-themed image that looks really good. But hey, Tempest makes a helpful point with those images. Also, definitely take her up on her image offer. The woman's got coffers.
So do most of them look bad to you? Just asking.

Might go for that...
Might I suggest a more guile based character?

I guess so, i'm open-minded to other forms of art if they're good. I still prefer anime although.

So do most of them look bad to you? Just asking.

Might go for that...
I understand. It's your preference and your character and it won't effect your chances at acceptance or our views of you or your character at all. :3 Just a preferences thing that niggles at me a little here and there and makes me squirm and toss and turn in the middle of the night. But hey, we're all special snowflakes and different colours and different sorts of people make the world go round or some sorta fruity shit that they say, ya know?

And it does just come down to preference. There are some that just look... Atrocious, I will say that. And there are some that do look just downright beautiful, the same can be said of any style of art. I can find some of my preferred artstyle that it can be said of, I'm sure.

But play what you want to play.

But I will say this as far as your character goes... Don't think that you just have to play A Monster Hunter.

A lot of people have figured that this is solely a monster hunting RP. It is not. There are a lot of aspects to the RP than that and it will take other types of characters to even out the team composition. You can be whatever type of character style you feel most comfortable with, even if that is a noncombatant role. Trust me, we have plenty of beef on this team to make up for it. There are other ways around a conflict than smashing its face in, too. ;3 *thumbs up*

And, eeks, I know, I'm sounding a lot more officious here than I should be, this is Foxxie's RP. *steps down a few steps* Sorry, boss, just giving a big ole pep talk.

Mm, but, mate, Foxxie is around. And if she isn't I'm sure I can help you as much as possible... unless it's the finer points, in which point, I'll redirect you to Foxxie again.

Llalcsz, if you're still looking for picture advice, might I suggest telling us more about your character so we know what look fits

After looking through everything it doesn't really get my intrest. I'm working on a fandom roleplay right now. But thanks for the offer.

After looking through everything it doesn't really get my intrest. I'm working on a fandom roleplay right now. But thanks for the offer.
Didn't you come here? o.0

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Tempest and Justin
Well yes it did intrest me at first, but I don't think it's worth the effort in my case.

Well yes it did intrest me at first, but I don't think it's worth the effort in my case.
That's all fine and dandy. Sometimes roleplays just aren't a fine fit for people. Better to figure out it may not be your fit early on than to lie to yourself and then end up disappearing and holding up everyone else later on, you know. Thanks for your honesty.

• Love
Reactions: Drifter
That's all fine and dandy. Sometimes roleplays just aren't a fine fit for people. Better to figure out it may not be your fit early on than to lie to yourself and then end up disappearing and holding up everyone else later on, you know. Thanks for your honesty.
I guess so.

Status
Not open for further replies.