Emergent World (Signups/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to ask an NPC a question and get a response to include right in their post without having to wait for me to respond to it in the next GM post, just send me a message and I can give you the IC response.

Sending me something over Iwaku PM works fine, but you can also ask me over Skype if you find that easier. If you don't already have access to my Skype, feel free to ask for it.

I am really interested in your RP. Are you guys too far for New characters?

We are definitely still recruiting, and as we had someone bow out because of time commitment (the OP will be edited to reflect that), we currently have three free slots. I know @Darog wanted a swing at this, as well.

So feel free to submit a sheet :)

Cheers, I suppose it's time to start looking at the IC then!

Okay awesome ill post the character sheet in a couple of hours :D

Name: Aria Novak
Sex: female
Appearance: Aria has hazel eyes and very, very long brown hair. lightly tanned skin reflects her love for the outdoors. She is 5'7 in height and weights a good 130 lbs. Aria is slender and curvy in the right places. She has an average amount of muscle from swimming, but no one would label her as strong. Aria is wearing what is depicted(minus the umbrella) since she is an advent cosplayer and anime lover. She wears small studs and has a bar in her left ear. Aria also has a belly piercing. She has a voice that carries, but it is not too high. Aria sometimes wear glasses if she needs to.

Class: Archanist
Subclass: Evoker

Bio: If Aria was known for one thing it would be her nerdiness. Aria finds herself spending her free time reading books or manga, playing video games, and watching anime. She makes it her mission to educate herself on anything that peaks her interest. Aria is the second and last child to her parents. Her older brother, Stephen, was the definition of rebel. Stephen rejected their parents lavish lifestyle and became an artist. Most of her life she was the only child in the house. Being the only daughter had its perks too. She never had to live up to crazy expectations. She set her own path of excellence. Having such an outspoken mother, she learned at a young age not to tolerant unfairness and prejudice. Aira's quirky and studious personality attracted many friends throughout her life, but that never helped her become less shy.

Her father was the most hands on of her parents. Aria's father taught her all about animals and the environment. This is the origin for her passion is biology and nature. When Aria graduated high school, She took an internship in the Netherlands in a marine biology facility. That trip convinced her to major in Biology. Her father was happy, since he was a veterinarian. Aria mother was a lawyer, and was not too impressed with her choice. Aria's mother wanted her do something big with her education, since she was accepted into a prestigious college.
Ginsing

Her mother never approved of her passions. Aria's mother always complained that Aria never went outside unless a convention was in town. Aria, to appease her mother, took up swimming in high school. After she entered college she grew out her hair and went to all the conventions she wanted. When she moved into her new flat her parents bought her, she adopted the biggest breed of dog she could find. She was a Tibetan Mastiff named Ginger. Aria was walking into her apartment from class when she was transported into a strange field .Now that she had transferred into this alien world, she missed her Ginseng very much. After getting over the initial shock of the strange new surroundings, she found that she developed a talent for magic.

Skills:
Flora Emergence- Aria's love for nature had translated into her new found magic. She is able to take control of vegetation and make them do her will. She is currently only about to influence her surrounding vegetation in a limited range. Her influence only has an effect of forcing the target to speed up its natural blooming or growth cycle.

Living Imitation- Aria has the ability to copy traits from living organisms and transfer them onto her body. At the moment Aria can only copy traits to small parts of her body. This skill will only work if Aria knows how the trait works. for example Aria could grow fur, since she understands the difference between fur and hair. This skill is on a cellular level and require a great deal of research. The skill takes up energy, and that limits the time she can transform her body parts.

Fauna Transformation- This skill is the ability to transform aria's body into any animal. At the moment this skill is limited to her only being about to transform into animals similar to her body size. The transformation should be about to grant aria that animal's senses but she has yet to unlock that apart of the skill. This ability takes up a lot of energy. Aria has to either keep replenishing her energy by eating or risk changing back with inner organ injury.

Inferno Vitality - A skill specific to fire and energy manipulation. Aria has not explored this ability much, but at the moment it seem as though she can channel energy to rise temperatures as well as conjurer flames. She can throw fireballs and spit small nuts of fire from her mouth. This skill is tied to her emotions.

Aqua Disturbance - Aria can control water particles. She is not able to change the waters' form right now. The amount of water she can control depends on her strength, stamina, and endurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
@koolkat4595 I think you are allowed to be a bit more destructive with your abilities than that in the beginning. At the moment you aren't going to be very... Useful to the team. Ie) able to snare enemies momentarily with plants, able to conjure up to small balls of fire with your magic atm, etc. right now I think you are unintentionally crippling yourself to try and make it appear balanced. And I am all for that. But yeah. Making your magic relatively... A pretty trick? Would make you a basic DiD: damsel in distress.

@Kiita thank you for clearing that up. i didnt know if we were just starting off or been there for a moment to gather our senses. ill be continuing to revise her skills today to make her able to adequately defend herself. i just added to her fire ability. is there another skill that is too weak? i welcome suggestions of any kind.:)

@koolkat4595 from my perspective it looks good. Anything else would be GM territory. @Drifter would be able to give you a better idea on what to tweak since she knows what the power scale is in her RP better :3

I am providing the information now so that if anyone wishes in the future to collaborate, discuss or chat with me, they might. I can be reached at the following:

[CONTACT INFO REDACTED BY STAFF]

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for my absence. Been stuck on mobile, and I thought I had accepted Aria already. My bad.

Anyway, Aria is accepted. I expect my laptop back in a few days, and I'll be able to work on IC materials. Once the next IC post goes up, we will have a set in stone schedule, either on a 1 or 2 week basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.