Emergent World (Signups/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the OP to include Jorick's characters, Baldyr, and Al.

As for why your characters have all ended up here? A lot of that will be revealed in the plot, but as for why most of these characters stray from "average Joe", it's both to do with the fact that they're more fun to play in a fantasy setting, and also that it makes sense in the plot. With people having so much free time and generally better health and education in Albedo, I imagine that many people would pursue avenues including tinkering with machines, practicing combat, learning everything they can pick up from books or experience. As for those who are Arcanists, they do have a bit of a learning curve upon arriving in Voglynd, but practice makes perfect in that arena.

It's alright ^^ I just feel like I'm intruding in some odd way, lol.
Nah gurl, you're fine. o.o

but, I mean... if you insist...

*sniffles, frets engraved invitation for Nameless. Goes to throw it in the trash, I guess.*

Roul is up. Less pretty .Still pretty. I havea problem...

Dun worry Nameless, I feel even more like a filthy foreigner, being the only obvious weeaboo in this collection of people.

And yeah, that's pretty understandable. Due to advances in medical sciences and what-not, I'll assume that extreme sports are really popular?

If it makes you feel better ERode, my current goal is to finish school and go teach English in Japan for a little while at least.

@ERode if it helps, I recognize you from RPG :D When I first joined that site, you requested I make a signature for you. It was a long long time ago, but this bear does not forgot o.o

Hellis, what kinds of ammo for Boomstick? :p

Plus, I know you know that Run and Gun's gonna give you an accuracy boost, but you still won't be at stationary and poised levels of accuracy.

As for feeling like an odd duck out, all of us have our quirks and I'm sure you'll find that you're not the strangest one here. I usually make it a point to ask people not to use anime images in their CSs, just because some of them tend to be generic or picked from the same six or seven types, but I have no problem with the medium itself and there's tons of amazing art out there.

But everyone's characters look good so far and I'm excited to get this game started once we get a few more people gathered together.

@Nameless, I do hope you can stick around. We're a bunch of goofy nerds and once the game gets going, I am fairly certain that the teamwork will really kick in.

Looks great! May I join as a doctor... of some sort?

Tis unfair so many of you have fancy character setups. I must learn to do those...

• I
    'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
    All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating
    So won't the real Slim Shady, please stand up,
    Please stand up,
    Please stand up
    'Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
    Please stand up,
    Please stand up
  • My name is shicka shicka Slim Shady.

How to do it

Code:
[tabs][tab=First tab][imga=right]http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/7/y/7yph4g0osqh2soh4.jpg?djet1p5k[/imga]
I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
Please stand up,
Please stand up
'Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
Please stand up,
Please stand up
[/tab][tab=Second tab]My name is shicka shicka Slim Shady.[/tab][/tabs]

Name: Beautiful Gil
Sex: Male

Appearance: Easy on the eyes, not so much on the nostrils. 'Beautiful Gil' is a fairly tall man with a slight build, sharp features awarding an uncanny elegance to his otherwise unkempt appearance. He wears his dark hair long and free, flowers and other pretty flora tied haphazardly within. A light beard, natural short and neat, is the centerpiece of an otherwise ordinary, if not handsome, face. His clothing is equally rustic and plain, an off-white traveling robe topped of with a jean vest decorated with various colorful patches. He wears nothing on his feet, preferring the natural protection of calluses. Other than his clothes his personal belongs are almost nil, limited to a camping knife and a small pouch used to store any interesting baubles he may come across.

Class: Arcanist

Subclass: Enchanter

Bio: Unneeded.

Skills:

- Do no harm: A dedicated pacifist, Gil believes that violence should only be used an extreme last resort when all other plans have proven ineffective. At least that what he says. Unfortunately, most other folk don't follow this line of thought and are more than fine preying on a soft idealist. Luckily for the peace-loving hippie he has a little magic on his side, the uncanny ability to force an empathetic reaction on any living thing that may wish harm upon him. Though it isn't powerful enough to deter something sufficiently malicious most things will at least hesitate, if not outright refuse to harm Gil. This effect passively lingers around Gil at all times, however it is immediately cancelled should he perform a directly harmful action himself.

- Lay on hands: An ardent supporter of alternate medicines back on Albedo, believing the 'unnatural' practices of modern medication was some sort of government scheme to control the populace, Gil was knowledgeable in traditional healing techniques. Some of which kind of worked. To his dismay, the new world lacked the ingredients for his practice, either due to lack of availability or just complete lack of existence. Conveniently, one of the powers manifested in the new world that of healing. A simple enough process, Gil simply lays his hands on a fresh wound and through the power of positive thinking the injury heals. Not a perfect cure-all by any means, severed limbs and other traumas that may result in a fast and messy death are generally beyond his abilities.

- Sticks and Dirt: To say Gil had stomached unpalatable foodstuffs would be a gross understatement. A fanatic of anything au naturel, it's not difficult to imagine what the hippy has gnashed down the name of good health. Like many other things, the magic of the new world not only enhanced, but expanded on this fairly mundane trait. Gil can eat pretty much anything without falling ill. Sticks, moss, bugs; As long as it has any inherent nutrient value Gil can eat it. As an added benefit this diet actually seems to keep him in peak physical heath, only the most vile and exotic diseases effecting him in any visible way.

- Release the Beast!: As adverse to violence as he is, even Gil would have to admit it has its uses. He'd also be the first to admit he is absolutely shoddy at the whole fighting business, relying on allies to save his ass when some beasty has it out for him. To assist his would-be companions he can imbue them with raw, feral power. How this manifests changes from person to person, but no matter what it often spells a bad day for his enemies.

- Friend of the forest: Animal magnetism? Beast mastery? Whatever you may want to call it, Gil has it. All sort of friendly critters congregate around him wherever he travels. In lively areas a flock of assorted birds and packs of small mammals, in places more dead or urbanized he may only have a few rats or street animals. Almost no matter what though, something will be following him, willing to do whatever they can to help their hippy friend.

So...mentor/student relationship with Al? :3

Seems we have a dirty hippie in our midst. Not sure you can get by without a bio though.

And cool for the instructions. I may edit my stuff to have it.

The group is typically laid back and aside from some ribbing here and there, people are nice enough. (Well, I don't know about Jorick... That Douchebear. : P)
8nOczoM.gif

Lji2bmR.gif

Essentiallly whatever metal he can jam down the boomstick or customized shells with different payloads.

Seems we have a dirty hippie in our midst. Not sure you can get by without a bio though.

And cool for the instructions. I may edit my stuff to have it.
It is in fact one of the most descriptive bios I've ever made. You just gotta think about it man.

@IceChateau777, you can certainly still join the RP. If you still want to do a doctor, that's fine by me. Sorry for not getting back to you on that earlier.

Roul, Beautiful Gil, and Payton are all accepted. That should bring us up to 10/15 PCs. I've heard a bit of interest from others who still haven't gotten their sheets in, so I suspect those spaces will be filled up shortly. If that's the case, this RP should be hitting the road soon, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.